Suzi
27-05-21, 08:08 AM
You're very welcome!

How are you today love?

Flo
29-05-21, 11:34 AM
You're very welcome!

How are you today love?

Hi suzi.....I'm ok thanks. Been out for a walk, now got my shorts and tee shirt on. Been out in the sun for a few mins. but not sunbathing...don't want a chest like an old leather handbag!!(rofl) going to slob out I think. Got a feeling there'll be quite a few barbecues tonight...love the smell. Have a nice weekend all.xxx

Paula
29-05-21, 12:05 PM
How’s the pins and needles?

Suzi
29-05-21, 05:39 PM
You really are a complete warrior! I'm so glad you're out and about walking etc!

Flo
30-05-21, 07:39 AM
How’s the pins and needles?Not too bad thanks Paula...but with my Crocs on it feels quite strange...not painful just weird!

You really are a complete warrior! I'm so glad you're out and about walking etc!I'm afraid that if I don't walk suzi that I'll seize up....so onwards and upwards though!

OldMike
30-05-21, 10:28 AM
Hi suzi.....I'm ok thanks. Been out for a walk, now got my shorts and tee shirt on. Been out in the sun for a few mins. but not sunbathing...don't want a chest like an old leather handbag!!(rofl) going to slob out I think. Got a feeling there'll be quite a few barbecues tonight...love the smell. Have a nice weekend all.xxx

Chest like an old leather handbag (rofl) My neighbour had the fire pit going last night what with the solar lights and torches placed round their garden it looked like a fairy grotto.

Suzi
30-05-21, 12:21 PM
I admire you so much Flo!

Flo
30-05-21, 05:39 PM
I admire you so much Flo!

The feeling is mutual!;)

Suzi
30-05-21, 06:50 PM
Aww, gee thanks Ma'am... ;)

Flo
27-06-21, 07:43 AM
Is it really almost a month since I've posted on my thread? Sacre Bleu!! Nothing much to report really. I've been enjoying the tennis at Queens and Eastbourne and look forward to Wimbledon starting tomorrow. Made two giant choc cakes for someone's birthday yesterday..making sure that next door's ginger tom didn't come in to snaffle the lot!! Bl**dy thing!! The weather is miserable here but muggy at the same time. I'm feeling ok apart from pins and needles in my hands again, so I'm hoping to have a word with the doctor who originally diagnosed me with GBS to see hopefully what I can expect if it's a recurrence. I'll let you know. Anyway, have a good day all.XXX

Stella180
27-06-21, 08:57 AM
I’m salivating at the thought of those chocolate cakes.

Flo
27-06-21, 10:22 AM
I’m salivating at the thought of those chocolate cakes.

Yeh! I salivated too, but wiped off the cakes before I gave them to the recipient!(rofl)

Suzi
27-06-21, 11:14 AM
I really hope it's not a recurrence and it buggers off and leaves you alone love.

Yum for chocolate cake! Always reminds me of this by the very awesome Michael Rosen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BxQLITdOOc

Stella180
27-06-21, 06:12 PM
That’s cool

Suzi
27-06-21, 06:44 PM
I adore Michael Rosen!

OldMike
28-06-21, 08:24 AM
Mmm chocolate cake my fav, good to see you're still making cakes, next door's ginger tom you know you love him (giggle)

Flo
02-07-21, 11:24 AM
Mmm chocolate cake my fav, good to see you're still making cakes, next door's ginger tom you know you love him (giggle)

Yes Mike....like a hole in the head!!!(giggle)

Flo
02-07-21, 11:34 AM
Hi folks....just finished my daily chores and will shortly settle down to watch a day of tennis...not for everyone I know, but I love the men's singles! I went to see the Dr that diagnosed the GBS on Monday. I've started to have pins and needles in my hands and feet again. I rang the surgery and explained what was going on and within minutes was phoned back by the doctor who saw me the same day. Apparently he doesn't think it's a flare up but a 'consequence' of the GBS...the only analogy I can come up with is 'aftershocks' after an earthquake!! I still have no reflexes in my legs or feet but have been advised it could take 18 mths or longer to recover fully. I'm just an impatient 'B'!! I can live with that prognosis! Nothing to report really...weather is ok and I've actually been gardening...not my forte at all! I'm a bit useless at it. Well, to be honest I just don't like it! Anyway....have a good weekend all. L&BW xxx

Suzi
02-07-21, 12:09 PM
So glad you were able to speak to your Dr so fast and that they were able to help. Definitely keep an eye on though lovely...
Apart from the pins and needles, how are you doing?

Paula
02-07-21, 03:18 PM
You’re not impatient, you just want your health to be back where it was. That’s not a bad thing, love. But I do get it, acceptance that this is today’s reality isn’t easy….

Strugglingmum
02-07-21, 04:04 PM
So good that you were seen so quickly. I'm glad its not a flare but the after shocks sound annoying.
Life seems to be quiet all round.

Flo
03-07-21, 07:54 AM
So glad you were able to speak to your Dr so fast and that they were able to help. Definitely keep an eye on though lovely...
Apart from the pins and needles, how are you doing?

Doing ok thanks sweetheart. Everything quiet around here....but I like it this way! I'm feeling quite calm in myself, anxiety has settled for the time being and life is quite normal which is nice. How are you, hubby and the babes?

Flo
03-07-21, 08:01 AM
You’re not impatient, you just want your health to be back where it was. That’s not a bad thing, love. But I do get it, acceptance that this is today’s reality isn’t easy….Yes, you're right Paula....funnily enough, no one around here that I've spoken to is going anywhere anytime soon...certainly not Wembley or Wimbledon!! Hope you and yours are ok love.

So good that you were seen so quickly. I'm glad its not a flare but the after shocks sound annoying.
Life seems to be quiet all round.Yes, it's great I was seen so quickly...it helps having a small population where we live and the surgery a two minute walk away, so we can keep tabs on the docs!:P Hope all is well with the family.

OldMike
03-07-21, 08:37 AM
Gardening is not your forte Flo you cannot be serious to quote a tennis legend nothing like messin' with soil it's like being a kid again (giggle)

Hope the pins and needles subsides Flo at least you were seen quickly.

Suzi
03-07-21, 10:32 AM
Doing ok thanks sweetheart. Everything quiet around here....but I like it this way! I'm feeling quite calm in myself, anxiety has settled for the time being and life is quite normal which is nice. How are you, hubby and the babes?
I'm so glad things are settled love. So good about being calm and your anxiety settling. That's a hugely positive thing.

We're OK, just stresses of non exams, exams, awaiting results etc.... I've been pretty crap all week with pain, but have been asking for help which has been gratefully received...

Flo
06-07-21, 07:30 AM
So sorry you've been poorly suzi:s exam results are so stressful aren't they...I used to worry like crazy! You're praying like crazy that they'll do well, and all the while worrying that they're stressed too. I'm so pleased you're getting help...let's face it you spend most of your time helping others, but it's harder to ask for help for you! I'll be thinking of you.xxx

Paula
06-07-21, 08:21 AM
How are you doing, Flo?

Suzi
06-07-21, 08:26 AM
Thank you gorgeous. I appreciate your thoughts. Are you pacing? How's the pins and needles?

Flo
07-07-21, 07:33 AM
How are you doing, Flo?Ok thanks love...being a good girl! Getting on with it..what about you Si and the girls?

Thank you gorgeous. I appreciate your thoughts. Are you pacing? How's the pins and needles?Yes, pacing but walking. Pins and needles have subsided and I'm left with slightly numb fingers and toes! Grrr.... see below.

Flo
07-07-21, 07:49 AM
Now.....read an article in the 'i' newspaper that Ian saw about a guy who has been crippled after getting GBS after first AZ jab...he's in a bad way, much worse than me! He saw his MP to see if people can get some sort of compensation due to the fact that he'll be disabled for the foreseeable future. To cut a long story short....the man (can't spell his name) that deals with this in the government more or less said No! nothing can be done for people with GBS due to GBS. However, his advice was to "Seek mental health advice from his GP, or ring The Samaritans". It's laughable isn't it? On a happier note.....
Tomorrow we are going to Plympton near Plymouth to see a prospective furry friend! His name is Oleg, he's an ex breeding stud dog, aged 7, very quiet, laid back, and loveable (Apparently).Wait for it...he's a Chihuahua!! What a difference from having a Greyhound!! I saw a Breeder in Devon on the internet and contacted them and asked if they have any ex breeding dogs that need homes. I was surprised to see that they've been on Good Morning Britain...anyway...I sent them a message, not expecting a reply, but half an hour later a really nice guy got back to me saying that unfortunately they haven't any females but they had the above dog that needs a home. The rest you know. He sent me a video of said dog and said we could come over and see him to see what we thought.
I've been looking for so long at rescue centres near me but no little dogs. I want a walking companion and a little furry friend that can curl up beside me while I'm knitting and watching tv. Ian is quite excited too. Anyway I'll let you know what happens. If he likes us and we take him I will let him settle then have him neutered as un neutered dogs and bitches in later life are more prone to testicular/mammary cancer and we don't want that! Anyway i mustn't get ahead of myself, haven't seen him yet in the flesh but I hope it goes well. I'll let you know tomorrow night! Have a good day all. xxx

Stella180
07-07-21, 08:04 AM
An ankle biter? I’m not a huge fan of small dogs but yeah I guess they are cute. What they lack in size they sure make up for in attitude.

Suzi
07-07-21, 08:38 AM
Hope that you all hit it off and you can provide him with a loving family home! What will your other furry family members think?

Strugglingmum
07-07-21, 09:34 AM
How exciting. Crossing my fingers that the meeting goes well and you gel together. Xx

OldMike
07-07-21, 09:36 AM
Chi... can't spell without looking it up ;) can be quite feisty little critters, hope you get on well with Oleg.

Paula
07-07-21, 10:08 AM
As a greyhound owner, I’m ‘horrified’! (rofl). But it sounds like he’s exactly what you need. Good luck tomorrow, lovely

Flo
07-07-21, 01:16 PM
An ankle biter? I’m not a huge fan of small dogs but yeah I guess they are cute. What they lack in size they sure make up for in attitude.I've never been a fan of little dogs either...I've had retrievers and greyhounds in the past, I want something to share the settee with....rather than take over the settee!! We shall see.The owner sent me a video of him and he appears quite chilled out!

Hope that you all hit it off and you can provide him with a loving family home! What will your other furry family members think?He'll definitely have the loving family home suzi...there's only Fang left now as Fluff was pts because of kidney disease and age:s Fang will have to put up with it...she's old too and teeth are missing, so she'll hiss with a lisp! But she'll be fine.

How exciting. Crossing my fingers that the meeting goes well and you gel together. XxThank you SM..I'll let you know how things go.

Chi... can't spell without looking it up ;) can be quite feisty little critters, hope you get on well with Oleg.Thanks Mike.

As a greyhound owner, I’m ‘horrified’! (rofl). But it sounds like he’s exactly what you need. Good luck tomorrow, lovelyThank yooouuu!

Jaquaia
07-07-21, 01:48 PM
Toby has no teeth at all. It's hilarious when he tries to bite! (rofl)

Suzi
07-07-21, 03:27 PM
It's very exciting!

Flo
09-07-21, 08:43 AM
Well folks...we picked up Oleg yesterday. Lovely owner, lovely place..(all of the dogs live with Dan and his partner Leon) spotlessly clean. When he brought Olly out to see us, he was tiny!!! He's not hyper, not feisty, doesn't bark or go mental, not a bad bone in his little body! He was on my lap all the way home either snuggling or looking out the window. He loves cuddles and already has his blankie on the settee with me to watch tele! Fang never hissed or spat just looked at him in astonishment thinking WTF is THAT?!..no threat to her as he's a lot smaller, they just eyeball each other, he wants to make friends with her but it's early days yet. He happily trots around the garden exploring. Loves his food...a little bit of softened kibble with a bit of cooked chopped chicken. Today I'll do him some fish. Next door neighbour came in and fell in love with him. So far so good...sooo laid back! We love him. the collar and lead will have to be changed. His owner gave us his little harness for when he goes for a walk...the lead and collar I got him looks as if I should have an alligator on the end of it!(rofl).tbh I - like I expect all of you thought - expected him to be snappy and feisty..no, not a bit of it! Placid and loving. He's originally from Lithuania and has a pedigree as long as your arm. Dan wanted nothing for him, just a good home, but I gave him some money to give to his favourite charity. When we left, he welled up and we both gave him a hug...they are both lovely guys (handsome too!) I want to adopt them both! So, I shall waffle no longer and give you an update. Moral of the story is: Ter are Chihuahuas, and there are Chihuahuas! Oh btw, the only problem is his lack of teeth and some bad breath. However, owner took him to vet and they removed a few teeth...he had a bad experience bless him so they've done nothing further. I shall ask my own vet what she thinks..his welfare comes first, I'll put up with his bad breath. He still chews, and I don't think he's in pain at all....I'll watch him.xxx

Jaquaia
09-07-21, 09:20 AM
He sounds awesome Flo!

Paula
09-07-21, 09:26 AM
Awwww he sounds so sweet. Why did he need a new home?

Strugglingmum
09-07-21, 09:42 AM
Aw I'm so pleased for you Flo. He sounds just wonderful.
Enjoy all those snuggles!!

Suzi
09-07-21, 09:45 AM
Awww he sounds adorable! I'm so glad that he's come to you and obviously the guys who had him are lovely and genuine too as they only wanted him to find a good home!

Stella180
09-07-21, 09:53 AM
Nothing better that puppy cuddles and he will be well loved with you guys. Of course I need to see pics of your tiny new housemate.

Flo
09-07-21, 12:29 PM
He sounds awesome Flo!He is Jaq!

Awwww he sounds so sweet. Why did he need a new home? Because of his age (7) he's done his bit for procreation. He's no longer needed as a stud dog, but the boys have kept him in retirement and he shared the house with them. I contacted them looking for a now retired female but they didn't have any at the moment so he said he was looking for a good home for Olag..somewhere peaceful to lie out the rest of his days,,the rest is now history.

Aw I'm so pleased for you Flo. He sounds just wonderful.
Enjoy all those snuggles!! Yes, he just snuggles up to me and goes byebyes!

Awww he sounds adorable! I'm so glad that he's come to you and obviously the guys who had him are lovely and genuine too as they only wanted him to find a good home!That's right suzi.

Nothing better that puppy cuddles and he will be well loved with you guys. Of course I need to see pics of your tiny new housemate. I shall send one to suzi and maybe she can put it on the thread. He has now met Cleo and Ciara my friend's two miniature Dachsunds ...a lot of butt sniffing went on....you know, the same as when you meet a new bloke!! ;)

OldMike
09-07-21, 03:04 PM
He sounds just the dog for you Flo re. Oleg you can't beat a bit of butt sniffin' when you meet someone new (giggle)

Suzi
09-07-21, 05:48 PM
Here we go:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51301596185_4ed4fb241b_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2mam6e4)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51300768033_fab47fa646_c.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/gp/193420969@N02/0Vx5w7)
https://www.flickr.com/gp/193420969@N02/85pBh5
https://www.flickr.com/gp/193420969@N02/85pBh5

Jaquaia
09-07-21, 05:56 PM
Awww!

Paula
09-07-21, 06:25 PM
Sweetie

Stella180
09-07-21, 09:03 PM
If he was about 3 times bigger he’s be perfect lol. He’s such a gorgeous pup. Looks like a mini cuddle monster.

Flo
10-07-21, 07:04 AM
Awww... thanks all, and thanks suzi for the photo shoot!(giggle)

Suzi
10-07-21, 09:40 AM
You're very welcome!

OldMike
10-07-21, 09:44 AM
Cuteness overload what a little darlin' (inlove)

Strugglingmum
10-07-21, 10:32 AM
Aw Flo he is such a handsome boy. He looks very comfortable and seems right at home with you.
Perfect retirement home for him. X

Flo
19-07-21, 03:24 PM
IT'S 'OT!!!!(sweat).....lying on settee with all the doors open....walked the dog at 06.00 this morning....the tarmac is too hot after 11am...
phew!!!....keep cool folks! xxx

Paula
19-07-21, 03:45 PM
‘I’m mellllltingggggg….’

Suzi
19-07-21, 03:56 PM
I think I have melted...
How's your little man working out love?

Strugglingmum
19-07-21, 09:07 PM
Lying under a huge fan going full speed....... not designed for heat!!

Suzi
19-07-21, 09:13 PM
Sounds perfect!

Stella180
19-07-21, 09:25 PM
I can hardly breathe. The heat is killing me.

Paula
19-07-21, 09:28 PM
It’s the first time heat has triggered my asthma…

Suzi
20-07-21, 09:04 AM
Be careful both of you. Keep inhalers etc at hand please?

OldMike
20-07-21, 09:10 AM
I'm chuggin' iced water and I'm still melting lay on top of the duvet last night.

Oleg need little boots to stop his feet burning on the tarmac ;)

Keep cool Flo.

Flo
20-07-21, 01:28 PM
Today all the doors are open plus have one of the tower fans in the lounge oscillating so a bit of draft gets everywhere! At night I turn on the fan in the bedroom and the sound lulls me to sleep...changed from duvet to cellular blanket and a polycotton sheet (which Ian hogs during the night!(swear)) Gorgot to mention that we took the dog to our vet branch in Cullompton on Sat. for an emergency consultation....wasn't eating or drinking....vet did another once over...he seemed to be well hydrated and she wasn't concerned. She gave him an antibiotic injection - long lasting - until he has his teeth out.Changed his food to wet food now so he doesn't have to chew. I haven't seen him drink for quite a while. I have put water bowls all over the house. Maybe he's drinking between the time I go to bed and when Ian puts him to bed. He pees ok though....it's a mystery. I've always had big dogs that slurped their way through the day.
I'm not going to get hysterical about it though otherwise the anxiety will kick in! I didn't take him on for that! He's bye-byes on the setting enjoying the draft. Oh well....I think I hear Ian back with the shopping. Have a good day all. XXX

Paula
20-07-21, 01:31 PM
If he’s hydrated and the vets not worried, he seems to be coping. Maybe he’s getting some water from the wet food?

Flo
20-07-21, 01:52 PM
If he’s hydrated and the vets not worried, he seems to be coping. Maybe he’s getting some water from the wet food? Yes, that's what we're thinking Paula.....now that he's not having the kibble. Otherwise he's a sweet little chap and a dream to have.

Stella180
20-07-21, 02:11 PM
He really does look like such a sweetie.

Suzi
20-07-21, 02:42 PM
Just as an aside, none of our rescues drink fresh water. They tend to drink out of the pond more than any of the water bowls we have around. If it's not something he's used to then he might not get it for a while. Are you using the same kind of bowls he used to have - as in metal or ceramic or plastic?

Flo
20-07-21, 05:41 PM
Just as an aside, none of our rescues drink fresh water. They tend to drink out of the pond more than any of the water bowls we have around. If it's not something he's used to then he might not get it for a while. Are you using the same kind of bowls he used to have - as in metal or ceramic or plastic?At the moment suzi I have various bowls around the house..ceramic, stainless steel...no plastic though. I've bought bottled water to try in case it's the tap water that's putting him off i.e. smell of chemicals. He has drunk out of the stainless steel one a couple of times and also had a go at the cat's! Unfortunately we haven't got a pond! Let's face it though, no animal will knowingly 'thirst' themselves to death surely! I've never had an animal in the past that hasn't wanted to drink...but I've never had an animal this small either!!

Flo
20-07-21, 06:15 PM
I've just had a chat with Dan, the breeder..he said he never was much of a drinker, but the fact that he's now on wet food which is 80% moisture makes me feel a bit better. He used to drink from a ceramic bowl, so I've given him one! I'm going to let go of it now...I'm sure he'll drink when he wants!

Suzi
20-07-21, 09:02 PM
I'm glad you've spoken to Dan. Lots of them don't drink lots love... I think that you're doing all the right things love.

OldMike
21-07-21, 05:40 PM
Not sure about dogs but when I had a cat he preferred to drink from a muddy puddle or the pond (which I had filled in a while back when it started leaking).

OldMike
04-08-21, 10:10 AM
You've got to remember too Flo Oleg is only a little guy so isn't going to drink pints a day just leave him bowls of fresh water so he can drink if needs be.

Suzi
04-08-21, 10:55 AM
How are you all Flo?

Flo
04-08-21, 04:26 PM
All is well thanks Suzi. I've been busy trying to complete a sweater, and we've been out enjoying the best of the cooler weather. Little Olly had all but 2 teeth taken out on Monday bless 'im. I think they kept his two canines in case he has a photo shoot!(rofl) He's coming along fine and has a follow up appt. with the vet tomorrow. And yes, he's drinking too! He has surreptitious slurps now and then and it's obviously enough for him, after all he's only a little guy. He's very much at home and gives us lots of laughs. I'm ok at the moment and my anxiety is minimal....just hope it stays that way! Hope all is well with you and yours.xx
Mike: Oddly enough, he's been spied drinking from the cats bowl when she isn't looking. Vet said he was well hydrated before op.

Suzi
04-08-21, 05:26 PM
That all sounds positive!

Poor Olly! Glad he's being loved and pampered too!

Paula
04-08-21, 05:36 PM
Bless him, I know 5e pain (not just financial) of doggy dental surgery…

Flo
29-08-21, 08:38 AM
Hellloooo! I'm still here....not a lot to report. It's been quiet on here hasn't it? Ian has been away for a week and I shall be picking him up from the train this afternoon. Although I've missed him, it's been nice. What a difference not having a bloke in the house! Half the housework, half the washing, half the bin contents! Having M&S prick n pings for a treat! Oh and half the dishwasher contents too.
Zoe has sold her house and she and the kids have now moved into her fiance's place lock stock and barrel. The house went on the market on Monday and it was sold by Thursday..for £85k over the asking price!! The housing market up there is crazy! Really pleased for her though....ermmm what else? Olly aka the noodle is doing well...he's a good boy but can be stubborn and despite his size he knows what he wants!!! He still hasn't barked!!! Anyway folks, washing done so I'll hang it on the line. Take care, xxxx

OldMike
29-08-21, 09:33 AM
Good to hear from you Flo can't beat prick and ping meals ;) Who needs a man 'bout the house when you got Olly the little rascal (giggle)

Paula
29-08-21, 09:46 AM
£85k!! That’s incredible!

Stella180
29-08-21, 11:01 AM
Are you suggesting Ollie isn’t a man? Poor little fella. I’m sure he has been great company with the man away. Where did he go, anywhere nice?

Flo
29-08-21, 12:24 PM
Good to hear from you Flo can't beat prick and ping meals ;) Who needs a man 'bout the house when you got Olly the little rascal (giggle)At the moment Mike he couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag...he's fast akip in the settee!!

£85k!! That’s incredible!Yes, I know! A bidding war started between 2 prospective buyers, and Zoe made a snap decision to sell! Houses up there be they pits or palaces are being snapped up for phenomenal prices! The woman who bought it is from Glasgow and has a teenage son. She had to pull over when she was told by her solicitor that her bid was accepted..she cried!

Are you suggesting Ollie isn’t a man? Poor little fella. I’m sure he has been great company with the man away. Where did he go, anywhere nice?He went to Brighton then London to see friends! Nowhere exotic! Yeh.. you're right! Olly is 6ft 2", he's got ba**s - in both senses! - and he thinks he's a Rotty...ssshhh! no one has told him he's only 6 inches high!! (rofl)

Suzi
29-08-21, 12:24 PM
£85k over the price? That's awesome!

It's fab to hear from you! Haz Ian had a good time away? Has he been anywhere nice?
Sounds like things are going ok for you.
How are you doing health and mood wise love?

Stella180
29-08-21, 02:42 PM
Yeh.. you're right! Olly is 6ft 2", he's got ba**s - in both senses! - and he thinks he's a Rotty...ssshhh! no one has told him he's only 6 inches high!! (rofl)

6 inches is plenty ;)

Flo
29-08-21, 06:30 PM
Blimey you're easy to please aren't you?!!(rofl).....five and a half any good?

Flo
29-08-21, 06:41 PM
£85k over the price? That's awesome!

It's fab to hear from you! Haz Ian had a good time away? Has he been anywhere nice?
Sounds like things are going ok for you.
How are you doing health and mood wise love?Sorry boss! I've double posted! Ian spent a few days in Brighton with a couple he's known for yonks...he did The Lanes, dinner out a few times, bought me a new tie dye T shirt and a Turkish lamp. Then up to London to see Stella..his friend he worked for years with for PF...did a couple of markets...had a BBQ...as for my mood....hmmm..I'm ok but feeling a bit colly wobbly..it was nice to have space but one night I thought I heard the dog barking and the lights were on in the bat cave!! Haven't been sleeping well and feeling a bit anxious...I'm taking Propranalol, just one a day in the morning. I feel better as the day goes on, but I'm not sleeping that well. Turns out it was a dog up the road, and Ian said that the way the lights are rigged up in his room, sometimes they come on by themselves!! When I'm on my own everything seems louder cos it's so quiet. Silly moo aren't I? But I'm working on it. I have these spates of anxiety as you know, and with the tinnitis I can hear my heart beating all the time which is spooky so it beats faster..hence the Prop. I shall ask my Dr to put it on repeat for a while. It's only 40mg. This will all pass, it always does, but it's not funny at the time as we all know. Thanks for asking sweet...hope all of you are ok.xx

Paula
29-08-21, 07:46 PM
(panda)

Suzi
29-08-21, 08:04 PM
Not silly at all! Houses always make different noises when you are on your own. Have you thought about going back and talking to your dr about it? More than just putting it on repeat love?

Flo
30-08-21, 10:37 AM
I'll have a chat with her by phone appointment...she knows me pretty well. It is what it is suzi and I've been like it for years...it's like a type of flare up. If I feel I need help then I have a nice psychologist in the wings named Mike, and we talk through things. Tbh, I feel quite good today so I'll see how things go. I'm managing things. I'm a worrier..my mum was a worrier, my aunt was a worrier. I have to learn to chill and deal with things. It will pass in time. Thanks for your concern.xxx

Suzi
30-08-21, 11:13 AM
I'm glad you've got those things in place love. I'm glad you're prepared to reach out and ask for the help you need to love. You're awesome.

Strugglingmum
30-08-21, 12:28 PM
Oh Flo, I hate being in the house on my own overnight (to be fair doesn't happen very often). If lights came on I'd have passed out in fear.... you may be a worrier but I'm a wuss!!! (rofl)

Flo
31-08-21, 07:49 AM
Oh Flo, I hate being in the house on my own overnight (to be fair doesn't happen very often). If lights came on I'd have passed out in fear.... you may be a worrier but I'm a wuss!!! (rofl) I was in Ian's man cave last year and the radio came on and half an hour later the glass of an old fashioned clock shattered!!! Needless to say I don't suffer from constipation!!(rofl)

Suzi
31-08-21, 10:20 AM
(rofl) (rofl) (rofl)

Strugglingmum
31-08-21, 04:57 PM
(rofl)(rofl)
I'd have moved out by now!!

Flo
16-09-21, 07:30 AM
Hi folks..thanks for your best wishes for my birthday...found it in my emails!.....another year older and none the wiser!!! Going out for the day...after having my feet done.:s Thanks again and lots of love.xxxxx

Suzi
16-09-21, 08:20 AM
Happy birthday gorgeous!

Have a wonderful day!

Paula
16-09-21, 08:25 AM
Pampering and going out! Have a wonderful day (party)

Strugglingmum
16-09-21, 10:10 AM
Aw Happy birthday Flo.
Have a wonderful day and enjoy being pampered

Jaquaia
16-09-21, 10:32 AM
Happy birthday Flo! Hope your day is as awesome as you!

OldMike
16-09-21, 10:40 AM
Feet done on your birthday you know how to have a good time Flo (giggle)

Happy birthday Flo and remember to eat cake.

Flo
16-09-21, 02:54 PM
Thanks you lovely people for your best wishes......so far I've eaten my way through a third of a box of chocs.....eaten 4 choc truffles that came with flowers from Zoe......been for a walk and bu**ered the good work done by Caron the foot lady....eaten a chicken sandwich....
it's gob stuffing central here.....going to have an Indian takeaway tonight.....that is if I have enough room.
** Hey Mike.....as if I'd forget to eat cake...choc cake defrosting as I type.
Love and thanks to you all.xxxx

Stella180
16-09-21, 03:16 PM
Happy 21st (again) Birthday Flo

Suzi
16-09-21, 04:31 PM
Sounds like a great way of spending your birthday! :)

Flo
21-10-21, 11:21 AM
Crikey! It's over a month since I've written any cods wallop on my thread! I've discovered a new way to lose weight! It's called The Bot Fly diet! I've been watching Dr. Jeff Rocky Mountain Vet while folding washing. A poor dog had a lump under it's tummy and it's owner thought it could be a tumour! The vet had a look at said lump and squeezed it and a HUUUUGE Bot Fly larva dropped out on the table and heaved it's way across it. EWWWW!! I feel physically sick! Don't know if I can face a chicken salad sandwich for lunch after all. Please tell me we don't have these flies in the UK!:( ....my grandson Dan has a bad case of tonsillitis but the Dr's don't seem to prescribe anything for it these days. I've nearly finished a woolly hat for little Jen...it's only taken me 3 months! I shall surf the site and see how everyone is getting along.xxx

Paula
21-10-21, 12:16 PM
Oooooooooo yuck!

No, I know from experience they don’t prescribe antibiotics (because it’s a virus). Katie suffered a lot when she was younger and, unfortunately, we never found anything that helped other than paracetamol and sleep

Flo
21-10-21, 12:38 PM
Yes, it's paracetamol and sleep with Dan too, plus plenty of fluids, ice cream etc. Mine were taken out when I was about 6, but in those days it was common practice to have them removed at an early age. Like Katie, Zoe came down with it umpteen times when she was younger...not nice is it?

Jaquaia
21-10-21, 01:03 PM
I had mine out when I was 4 or 5 as they were constantly infected. Then, just to be awkward, I got an infection in the surgery site!

Paula
21-10-21, 01:16 PM
I was 18 when I had them out - actually it was 2 days before my birthday. They gave me codeine for the pain, and we then discovered I react badly to codeine. Wasn’t a great 18th, throwing up when you’ve got surgery wounds…
Katie does seem to have grown out of it thankfully

Strugglingmum
21-10-21, 03:49 PM
Poor wee man. I was bothered terribly with my tonsils but I did eventually grow out of it. Although I did catch it again as an adult from my eldest who was only a toddler at the time!!

Flo
21-10-21, 05:53 PM
I had mine out when I was 4 or 5 as they were constantly infected. Then, just to be awkward, I got an infection in the surgery site!Oooooh! Nasty! Poor little devil you!

I was 18 when I had them out - actually it was 2 days before my birthday. They gave me codeine for the pain, and we then discovered I react badly to codeine. Wasn’t a great 18th, throwing up when you’ve got surgery wounds…
Katie does seem to have grown out of it thankfullyI can't think of anything worse! I can still remember how painful it was.

Poor wee man. I was bothered terribly with my tonsils but I did eventually grow out of it. Although I did catch it again as an adult from my eldest who was only a toddler at the time!!Yes Zoe eventually grew out of it too, but on the odd occasion she'll feel out of sorts but knows what works for her now. I can't remember why we have tonsils..are they a filter or something. I know that the appendix is useless and surplus to requirements...the good Lord must have had bits left over when he made us! I'm waffling so I'll shut up now. Have a nice evening all.xxx

Jaquaia
21-10-21, 06:28 PM
Apparently they're an essential part of the immune system, contain white blood cells, and help stop germs entering through the nose and mouth!

You learn something new every day!

Suzi
21-10-21, 11:05 PM
I had mine out at 18 and I wanted to keep them, but apparently they were so gross and infected that they weren't in any state to even get into a jar! Since then I've had tonsillitis and it's horrid! Did you know that they can regrow?

Oh and apparently it shouldn't be cold things, but things like Salt and Vinegar Crisps, gargle with cider vinegar and hot drinks!

Flo
22-10-21, 07:58 AM
Well...what useful info. So they do have a purpose then. And no, I didn't know that they can regrow. Suzi if you're short of jewellery I can let you have some of mine! They might have some 'Tonsils, excellent condition' on ebay! I've heard of people keeping kidney stones and I think Gall stones but never tonsils. But I'm a great believer in vinegar....it's got hundreds of amazing uses.

Paula
22-10-21, 08:03 AM
(rofl)

Suzi
22-10-21, 12:01 PM
(rofl) (rofl) (rofl)

Allalone
23-10-21, 08:53 AM
My middle one had horrendous sticky eyes from he was born, apparently had blocked tear ducts so had those ‘probed’ when he was 2. They found out from that he had huge adenoids and that would be the reason for his snoring! And they were blocking his tear ducts. They whipped those out when he was 3 and whilst they were doing that op they found out that his tonsils were humongous, he then had tonsillitis twice and ended up in hospital as they were blocking his airway. He finally had them out when he was 4 and a half. It changed his voice! His friend came round to see him about a week after having them out and when E spoke his friend replied ‘You look like E but you don’t sound like him, you sound funny!’

Hope Dan’s on the mend Flo and you, hubby and your tiny pooch are keeping well.

Flo
23-10-21, 11:22 AM
Thanks AA......your poor boy! What an ordeal for him, and of course you. He went through a lot..and at such a young age a very worrying time too. Dan is much better thanks...I think he's footballing again. It's his passion so it takes a lot to keep him off the pitch! I had to smile when you said that E's little friend said he looked like E but didn't sound like him!(giggle) By the time my brother was about 2 my mother reckoned his voice had broken....when he said Hello to people mum said he sounded like the guy who say's "Carlsberg....probably the best lager in the world!"!!(rofl)...Olly aka Sprout seems to be doing well thanks. He has this fetish which involves licking my jeans when he's on the settee with me! Most odd...! Hope all is well with you and yours too.xx

Suzi
23-10-21, 06:04 PM
Sounds hilarious!

Flo
23-10-21, 07:02 PM
Who? my bro or the dog?(giggle)

Suzi
23-10-21, 08:47 PM
Both!
Moiya likes to lick your feet, the sofa (as does Willow and Crash) and patches of the floor.......

Allalone
23-10-21, 10:31 PM
Thanks AA......your poor boy! What an ordeal for him, and of course you. He went through a lot..and at such a young age a very worrying time too. Dan is much better thanks...I think he's footballing again. It's his passion so it takes a lot to keep him off the pitch! I had to smile when you said that E's little friend said he looked like E but didn't sound like him!(giggle) By the time my brother was about 2 my mother reckoned his voice had broken....when he said Hello to people mum said he sounded like the guy who say's "Carlsberg....probably the best lager in the world!"!!(rofl)...Olly aka Sprout seems to be doing well thanks. He has this fetish which involves licking my jeans when he's on the settee with me! Most odd...! Hope all is well with you and yours too.xx

E just got on with it, hated loud noises and balloons but virtually everything else he never made a fuss, even when he was poorly! His eyes got that sticky the lids would stick together, yet he could still climb out of his cot and make his way to my bed! Dan sounds like my J, it took a lot to keep him from playing sport, he once played football with ‘a bit of a sore ear’ he’d perforated his eardrum!!
I remember that advert!(giggle)
Olly sounds funny! Ted likes to greet you with a sock! He takes them out of the wash basket, out of the drawer in E’s room or if he can’t find one lying around he’ll take it off your foot! Aren’t they odd….but lovely too!
Thanks.

Suzi
14-12-21, 08:47 AM
How are things lovely?

Flo
18-12-21, 06:02 PM
Hi suzi et al....all fine here thanks, but nothing too exciting to report, which is a good thing in a way. The kids are fine as are the grandkids and I'm grateful for that. It's quiet everywhere and there's nothing stressful in my life at the moment which is a bonus! I wrapped all of Ian's presents today...I knelt on the floor instead of doing it on the table - wrapping that is!(rofl)- and of course I couldn't damn well get up again!!! I'll have to inject 3 in 1 into my knees to get them loose again. My cousin is coming over for Xmas day lunch. We're having duck. We had duck last year and it was gorgeous.....sick of turkey! By the way, I haven't sent cards this year. Instead the money I would've spent on the cards and postage I've donated to my 2 charities but I sincerely hope that all the DWD team and all of the members have a peaceful, stress free, healthy and happy Christmas with any loved ones that can be with you. I shall check in again before Xmas. Sorry I haven't been in touch a lot. I'm trying to cross stitch a card for hubby and it's taking ages...by 8pm I'm almost cross-eyed!! Anyway, have a nice evening all.xxx

Suzi
18-12-21, 07:16 PM
It sounds so much Flo!
What are you injecting into your knee?

As long as you have a wonderful Christmas!

Flo
19-12-21, 09:24 AM
It sounds so much Flo!
What are you injecting into your knee?

As long as you have a wonderful Christmas! I was kidding! Injecting something akin to WD40!! Knee feels much better today.
Well I hope it'll be a wonderful Christmas..omicron permitting! You have a good one too.

Suzi
19-12-21, 11:56 AM
Ahh lol!
Have a great one love. Are you cooking at home or heading to the pub?

Flo
20-12-21, 11:42 AM
No. The pub isn't doing meals this christmas. Ian is cooking lunch. A 6lb duck with all the trimmings. We had one last year and it was gorgeous. It makes change from turkey. xxx

Suzi
20-12-21, 01:44 PM
Sounds fab! How many of you is Ian cooking for?

OldMike
27-12-21, 01:12 PM
I was kidding! Injecting something akin to WD40!! Knee feels much better today.
Well I hope it'll be a wonderful Christmas..omicron permitting! You have a good one too.

What would we do without 3 in 1 oil and WD40 the world would seize up without them (giggle)

Flo hope the 6lb duck was tasty and you had a good time.

Stella180
27-12-21, 01:51 PM
3 in 1? I thought that was the new name for the covid vaccine.

Flo
21-01-22, 09:57 AM
Hi folks!....haven't been on for a while...nothing much to say or offer really. I'm ok but looking forward to lighter mornings and evenings - like everyone else is! - I haven't got a project to work on at the moment...must do a bit of knitting or painting. The kids are fine, as are the grandkids. I spoke to my doctor on the phone the other day regarding the prospect of having a second covid jab...namely Pfizer. But as you can imagine, I'm s**t scared of GBS rearing it's ugly head again or something else. She's going to contact our hospital to see if there have been people admitted with adverse reactions to Pfizer and she'll contact me when she's found anything out. I'm not thinking of travelling abroad, but I'd like to see Zoe and co., in Scotland in the spring. I might just ride out the storm and see what happens in a few month's time. Time to take washing out of the machine. It's lovely and sunny but flipping cold. Take care all.xxxx

Suzi
21-01-22, 10:47 AM
It's unlike you to not have a bit of knitting or something on the go, what's caused the hiatus?
I can totally understand your caution towards the next vaccine. I'm so glad you're talking to your GP about it love...

Paula
21-01-22, 11:03 AM
Hunni, you ALWAYS have things to offer!

Flo
21-01-22, 11:43 AM
It's unlike you to not have a bit of knitting or something on the go, what's caused the hiatus?
I can totally understand your caution towards the next vaccine. I'm so glad you're talking to your GP about it love...Fed up with knitting suzi, might start painting again. It's the time of year I think....I'm not firing on all cylinders - like a lot of us maybe - but I'm enjoying the Australian Open and watching Nadal wipe the floor with some poor guy at the moment!(giggle)

Hunni, you ALWAYS have things to offer! Thank you Paula.....(blush)

Suzi
21-01-22, 03:58 PM
Want to talk about what's going on and why you aren't firing on all cylinders?

OldMike
24-01-22, 09:03 AM
It's always good to hear from you Flo, I'm same as you looking forward to longer days.

Flo
24-01-22, 09:08 AM
Want to talk about what's going on and why you aren't firing on all cylinders?Thanks suzi. I'm ok really, not suffering at all only fed up with dark monochrome mornings and short days. I'll be much better - like most of us - when we have more daylight, but thanks for asking.;)

It's always good to hear from you Flo, I'm same as you looking forward to longer days.Not a great deal we can do is there Mike until we can come out of hibernation. Hope all is well your end.xx

Suzi
24-01-22, 09:15 AM
The days are getting longer lovely, hang on in there.... How's Ian? The kids? Grandkids?

Flo
31-01-22, 03:42 PM
Sorry for late reply suzi. All well here thanks, and all well with you too I hope. Everyone seems to be fine. In fact I've bitten the bullet and booked a flight to go and stay with Zoe and co., on 31st March for a week. Something to look forward to. Don't know what it's like where you are but it's B cold here! I'd cosy up and watch tv if I were you!. Love to all of yours.xxx

Suzi
31-01-22, 08:51 PM
Oh wow that sounds like something fab to looking forward to! It's nippy here too, but the temp drop in the evening is massive!

Things here OK, just so busy!

OldMike
20-02-22, 12:05 PM
Sorry for late reply suzi. All well here thanks, and all well with you too I hope. Everyone seems to be fine. In fact I've bitten the bullet and booked a flight to go and stay with Zoe and co., on 31st March for a week. Something to look forward to. Don't know what it's like where you are but it's B cold here! I'd cosy up and watch tv if I were you!. Love to all of yours.xxx

A week with Zoe and family in March sounds good hope the weather improves by then.

Flo
22-02-22, 03:02 PM
So do I Mike! It's better up there than it is here at the moment...we've had countless mini power cuts...ON OFF>>>>ON OFF......the result is sluggish toaster that doesn't brown, microwave that doesn't heat properly, lights that aren't very light and an oven that might as well be a wind up model!! "THEY" apologise profusely and with any luck we'll have a higher voltage by the end of the week! Hope all is well with you Mike....it'll soon be spring!

Suzi
22-02-22, 09:53 PM
Hope that it's all sorted soon! It's such a nightmare when things all go wrong!

Paula
23-02-22, 12:03 AM
Can I suggest you get the hamsters going round their wheel a bit quicker?!

OldMike
23-02-22, 09:20 AM
Hope your power is soon back to normal Flo, roll on spring and better weather (we hope) is Ian okay has his vinyl night started up again? just being nosy who me (giggle)

Flo
23-02-22, 10:51 AM
Can I suggest you get the hamsters going round their wheel a bit quicker?!Ahhhh to create a generator effect using hamsters eh?....however all is back to correct voltage and everything is humming beautifully....even Ian!!(rofl)

Hope your power is soon back to normal Flo, roll on spring and better weather (we hope) is Ian okay has his vinyl night started up again? just being nosy who me (giggle)Vinyl night has started up again Mike....they get quite a good following. However some of the boys aren't allowed out to play again yet..but lots of farmers/cowboys etc enjoying the late night music.
Yes, roll on spring. Hope all is ok your end Mike. Hugs coming your way!

Suzi
23-02-22, 11:47 AM
Glad things are back up and running love!
How are your four legged members of your family?
How are you doing love? How's your mood? Feeling OK?

Flo
02-03-22, 10:25 AM
So sorry I haven't checked in....I'm ok thanks love. Olly doesn't like anything wet and it's murder getting him out if there are puddles etc., but he's fine otherwise. Fang is stone deaf! She wails in the morning and it's quite off putting first thing in the morning...really creepy!
Hope all is well with you and yours darling.xxx

Suzi
02-03-22, 01:14 PM
Hey love, thanks for checking in! I miss you when you tootle off! :) Poor Olly! Waterproof coat and boots for him then, with you carrying an umbrella? (rofl) (rofl) Crash on the other hand is being a pita as all he wants to do is be out in the wet and mud!
OOO Fang does sound creepy with the wailing! Is she ok apart from the deafness?
Things here are manically chaotic as always! :)

Paula
02-03-22, 01:38 PM
Demi has spent the morning desperate for a wee but refusing to go out into the rain, poor love ;)

Flo
02-03-22, 03:59 PM
Olly has a few coats..but i draw the line at wellies! I'm wondering if I could lash him to a skateboard and just pull him along...he sniffs every blasted weed and wheelie bin he sees! He's watching tv at the moment waiting for his chicken dinner!

Suzi
02-03-22, 05:17 PM
(rofl) Willow's not keen on the rain, but Crash loves it - the wetter, the dirtier and the stinkier the better!

Flo
20-04-22, 09:50 AM
Well despite the last couple of weeks, I'm still in one piece. Had a good time in Scotland visiting the brood....however, I didn't just bring memories home....I brought Covid back! We thought little Jen had a tummy bug picked up from school...as they do!....on my way home from Bristol airport got a call from Zoe to say that Jen tested positive for the 'lurgy'. That was Wed. 6th April. By Saturday I had the same headaches, throat full of razor blades vomiting etc., I've just tested negative..as has Ian. He had milder symptoms but we've both had coughs that turn you inside out! I'm not full of the joys of spring but I'm happy enough to be let off relatively lightly considering I've only had one jab. Zoe, Hector and Dan got away with it scot free, but all of their neighbours - all family members - have had it too.
Oh well.......I'm off for a walk now. Hope you're all ok.xxxx

Paula
20-04-22, 10:02 AM
Oh no! I’m so glad you’re recovering but rest,please?

Flo
20-04-22, 12:42 PM
I'm resting Paula....haven't the energy to do much else!xx

Paula
20-04-22, 12:58 PM
(panda)

Strugglingmum
20-04-22, 03:31 PM
Much love Flo. Hope you get your energy back soon. Xx

Suzi
20-04-22, 05:07 PM
I'm glad you're resting love. My little sister has had it twice now and she's really struggling with it too.. (panda) (bear)

OldMike
20-04-22, 05:14 PM
Oh no Flo here's a lot of it about get better soon (panda)

Jaquaia
20-04-22, 06:52 PM
It really knocked me out when I had it Flo so you just keep hydrated and on your bottom on the sofa!

Stella180
20-04-22, 06:57 PM
I’m starting to feel left out. Everyone I know seems to have had it but me.

Paula
20-04-22, 07:49 PM
Not me

Suzi
20-04-22, 09:11 PM
I'm glad to be excluded from this club tbh....

Flo
21-04-22, 07:29 AM
Thanks for all your best wishes guys..(panda) Ian is sleeping in spare bedroom...he's snoring like a walrus! Went to bed at 6.30pm...how ridiculous is that? Off to see the doc. at 08.30. I think I may have gastritis or similar..they'll want me to go for an endoscopy in case it's masking something else. Bugger! the worry isn't helping my covid leftovers. There's always f***ing something isn't there?? Oh well....I'll let you know how I get on. Must stop feeling sorry for myself....sorry!:s

Paula
21-04-22, 07:49 AM
You have absolutely every right to feel sorry for yourself, love

Suzi
21-04-22, 09:24 AM
I agree, you definitely have every right to be feeling miserable... (panda) How did the appointment go love?

Stella180
21-04-22, 09:41 AM
Sounds like you have every reason to feel sorry for yourself

Flo
22-04-22, 08:55 AM
Well..... I had a good consultation with the Dr. chest ok despite all the nasty gubbins and sounding like a barking dog when I cough. She wasn't particularly worried about the Gastritis/Dyspepsia/ and all the other names. She prodded my stomach, thought about all of the symptoms...it could be down to anxiety. My anxiety levels are off the chart at the moment....why, I don't know. Could it be down to Covid, the fact that I have zero appetite, being isolated for so long even though I went to Scotland...who knows? She's keeping an eye on that too. She's pretty good really, very proactive and thorough. I go through this anxiety thing from time to time. Oh, and she's prescribed Omeprazole to be taken when needed for a little while, then every other day or whatever. She may do a test for Helicobacter Pylori if it doesn't clear. Apparently, practically everyone has HP in their stomach and it lives there quite happily without any problem. But sometimes it can cause problems in a small percentage of people. So we might go down that avenue at some stage. Right, I'm off now. I'll be back later.xxx

Suzi
22-04-22, 10:03 AM
I'm glad she's looking out for you love. I'd be surprised if your anxiety wasn't flaring lovely. There are so many reasons for you to be anxious. Do things like meditation/mindfulness/body scans work for you?

Strugglingmum
22-04-22, 10:21 AM
Aw Flo, wish I could give you a huge hug. Xx

The omeprazole should calm things down for you with your stomach even just taking extra tablets like Paracetamol or ibuprofen for a temperature etc can be enough to set off your tummy, especially if you aren't eating.
Please take care of you, fresh air, eat little but often and take time to just breathe and be. (panda)

Flo
23-04-22, 06:44 PM
Thanks suzi and SM....I'm feeling a bit better today. Managed to get some exercise this morning and took a little walk...a very little walk!!
I've been meditating and also doing a new jigsaw...and I'm reading a Maeve Binchy book so I get lost in the book which distracts the anxiety. You're right SM...I've taken a shed load of Ibu and Paracetamol over the last few weeks which doesn't help. I'll give you an update tomorrow. Thanks for you both caring.xxx

Suzi
24-04-22, 12:25 AM
Of course we care! We love you Flo!

Suzi
29-04-22, 06:29 PM
Hey love, how are you doing?

Flo
30-04-22, 07:17 AM
Hi suzi.....yes, doing ok thanks love. Level of anxiety much milder now. The good weather is helpful as I can get out more. Looking forward to a good weekend. Hope you and yours have a good BH/weekend.xxx

Strugglingmum
30-04-22, 09:17 AM
Glad you're doing a bit better Flo. Xxx

Suzi
30-04-22, 10:51 AM
So glad lovely! I love that you're feeling brighter.

How are your kids? Grandkids? Ian? Furry members of your family?

OldMike
30-04-22, 11:59 AM
Hi Flo I'm glad you're anxiety is subsiding, how's that laid back little chiwowa erm however you spell it ;) wish I could remember his name (think)

Flo
02-05-22, 09:31 AM
All kids and furry beings ok thanks. Don't know if Jay is back from Florida yet! Zoe and co are fine and had a birthday party for one of H's boys yesterday....lovely photos.

Hi Mike.....Olly encountered a bitch on a walk last week...Ian had to pull him off her. When he got home he spent most of the afternoon howling at the front door....to add insult to injury there was a lot of hissing and spitting from Fang in the evening....looks like Olly was trying to have a go with the cat as well!!!(rofl) Hope all is well with you Mike...your garden will be in full bloom soon...I'd like a pic when that happens. Take care.xx

Paula
02-05-22, 10:12 AM
Oops! Has he been done?

Suzi
02-05-22, 12:10 PM
Oh no1 Naughty Olly!! Poor Fang!

OldMike
02-05-22, 12:24 PM
All kids and furry beings ok thanks. Don't know if Jay is back from Florida yet! Zoe and co are fine and had a birthday party for one of H's boys yesterday....lovely photos.

Hi Mike.....Olly encountered a bitch on a walk last week...Ian had to pull him off her. When he got home he spent most of the afternoon howling at the front door....to add insult to injury there was a lot of hissing and spitting from Fang in the evening....looks like Olly was trying to have a go with the cat as well!!!(rofl) Hope all is well with you Mike...your garden will be in full bloom soon...I'd like a pic when that happens. Take care.xx

Will do Flo as yet need to sort my veggie plot out if only grass would grow on my lawn and not in my veggie plot and borders.

With Olly being a stud dog he probably misses his time with the ladies (giggle)

Flo
03-05-22, 07:16 AM
Oops! Has he been done?

Yes, naughty Olly!...no Paula, he hasn't been 'done'. The vet wouldn't neuter him because of his age....she worried about the anaesthetic being too much for him. Tbh, he's not much of a threat as he's tiny...he'd need a step ladder to do any damage!(giggle)

Suzi
03-05-22, 10:19 AM
(rofl) (rofl) (rofl)

Paula
03-05-22, 12:48 PM
(giggle)

Stella180
03-05-22, 02:43 PM
Many years ago a friend of mine had a Labrador bitch and it was hilarious because she actually tried to hump everything. Yep, that’s right, I rolled around laughing at a female dog as I watched her trying to hump her bed.

OldMike
04-07-22, 12:04 PM
Just checking in to see if all is okay with you and Ian hope you're enjoying Wimbledon as I know you're a tennis afficianado erm is that spelled right let's say a tennis fan then easier to spell ;)

Flo
07-07-22, 04:09 PM
Hi Mike and all.....yes Mike...I'm ok thanks...and as you quite rightly observed in years past, I'm watching the tennis avidly! I shall miss Wimbledon when it's all over. I'll have to go into overdrive and get a cross stitch sampler finished! Watching tennis and stitching isn't to be recommended as I keep digging the needle into my fingers...silly B. And how are you? I bet your garden is ablaze with colour and produce. We have had loads of black currents and we only have the one bush...I'm making a compote with more tonight to go over ice cream....I know how to live! It's hot here and supposed to be getting hotter(whew)..I like it warm but not so hot that you have to peel yourself off the bed in the morning! Not looking forward to that. Oh well....think I'll soak some spinach...just fancy a couple of soft boiled eggs over wilted spinach for dinner. Have a good time in the warm folks and slap on the sun screen.xxx

Paula
07-07-22, 04:17 PM
I find I get next to no stitching done because I’ve been caught up in ‘just this one last game….’

Suzi
07-07-22, 05:53 PM
(rofl) Crochet means I don't try stitching my fingers.... However crocheting big blankets in this heat - let alone the 30 oC + next week is not a sensible idea!

It's lovely to hear from you love! How are the kids? Ian?

Flo
10-07-22, 09:59 AM
(rofl) Crochet means I don't try stitching my fingers.... However crocheting big blankets in this heat - let alone the 30 oC + next week is not a sensible idea!

It's lovely to hear from you love! How are the kids? Ian?Hi love.....yes, we're both ok thanks. Kids are ok..grandkids ok, ...old man ok....Olly lying on his back with his legs apart trying to catch the odd breeze coming through the front door! Not much news but that's the way I like it! Hope everyone ok in your house. I'm another one that stitches my fingers together by mistake!!(rofl) love to all.xxx

Suzi
10-07-22, 10:01 AM
Glad all is going ok in your house love. How're your moods going? You still getting out and about walking? Still working in the shop and doing sandwiches etc?

Paula
10-07-22, 02:44 PM
One of my katies cats doesn’t like the heat so she stuck some T-shirts in the freezer for him to lie on - he loves it!

Suzi
10-07-22, 08:54 PM
That sounds heavenly!

Flo
12-07-22, 07:32 AM
Glad all is going ok in your house love. How're your moods going? You still getting out and about walking? Still working in the shop and doing sandwiches etc?Well...now here's a thing!....I had an x-ray done on my right hip a few weeks ago and it appears that I have 'moderate' arthritis in the joint. However, I'm still walking a bit as it's good to keep the muscle tone. Basically I'm getting on with it. I don't work for the shop anymore. Stopped cakes and sarnies, but I make the odd birthday cake for people. Moods not bad at present. I'm going to see a therapist next week regarding the irrational anxiety I get periodically ....I'll let you know how I get on. Other than that, I'm doing ok and getting on with it......to the best of my ability. Life's alright at the moment. Going to the Glaucoma clinic this morning for a check-up. I'll let you know how I get on. Have a good day all.xxx

Paula
12-07-22, 07:43 AM
Hopefully the therapist can help you. Good luck this morning #thinklowpressure

Suzi
12-07-22, 09:19 AM
How long ago did you give up the cakes etc? Are you still going to do the Christmas cakes?

Hope the appointments all go well love.

Strugglingmum
12-07-22, 10:23 AM
Sorry to hear about your hip Flo.
Is there any swimming pool near you? It's great to keep the joint moving but without putting pressure on it.
Anyway, hope your pressures are good. X

Flo
18-07-22, 07:00 AM
Hi all......hope you've all got your undies in the freezer to minimise the heat. I took Olly out for a walk at 6.15 and it was nice and cool....I don't think we'll get the inferno like temps that others will get but we'll see. Stay in the cool....
I'm seeing a physio in the next couple of weeks for exercises that will help my hip. I'm walking everyday to keep my muscle tone...up to now I'm managing quite well. Hope you're all ok...I'll let you know how I get on with the therapist. Have a good day...xxxxxx

Suzi
18-07-22, 11:50 AM
Sod having the undies in the freezer, I'm about to try to get in it myself!
Glad you've got that physio referral, hope they really help love.

Flo
21-07-22, 09:55 AM
Sod having the undies in the freezer, I'm about to try to get in it myself!
Glad you've got that physio referral, hope they really help love.(rofl)....It's a bit cooler today....went for a little walk and bumped into a lady who lives down the lane....I've been invited to go and swim in her pool...think I'll take her up on her offer! Have a cooler one kids.xxx

Suzi
21-07-22, 11:33 AM
Wow! Go swim in her pool! That sounds lovely! Great that you're knowing people in your village..
Are you still doing the lunch for the more mature members of the area?

Flo
17-09-22, 12:26 PM
Many thanks DWD for my Happy Birthday Wishes email! Spent the day in Glastonbury...very weird and wonderful.....being an old hippy, Ian fit in really well! Just about saw everything worth seeing.......and Ian cooked a lovely dinner when we got home. It feels odd being 70! Or as I prefer...69 12/12ths. It's only a number after all. Many thanks again crew. xxxx

Jaquaia
17-09-22, 01:00 PM
Sounds like you had a great day!

Paula
17-09-22, 01:21 PM
Sounds wonderful! Happy 70th!

Strugglingmum
17-09-22, 04:07 PM
Aw happy happy birthday Flo. Xx

Suzi
17-09-22, 07:01 PM
Happy birthday gorgeous! I'm so glad you've had a lovely day! You're awesome.

Suzi
27-09-22, 08:58 AM
Hey lovely, how are you doing?

Flo
08-10-22, 08:00 AM
Hi all....I'm still here. Not a lot to report. I've started volunteering up at the shop again. Good fun and I have a different partner. We get along fine together and it's nice to meet all the customers. Olly went to the vet the other day with tummy problems...he kept yelping when I picked him up and was off his food.....long story short.....she gave him a thorough examination and came to the conclusion he'd picked up a bug - God knows where - however, she emptied his anal glands which weren't very full anyway. But she said that full glands in dogs can give the same symptoms as Olly had. She gave him an injection to settle his tummy and I'm happy to say that he's back to his old self again. Kids and animals..they're such a worry! Zoe and co. are off to Cyprus on Tuesday for the Scottish half term...hope they have decent weather. I'm making felt christmas tree ornaments for Zoe's extended family. There's nothing quite so satisfying than stuffing angels and gluing sequins on them, along with overweight robins and snowmen....little amuses the simple eh? Anyway enough drivel from me. Have a good day and keep well DWD'ers.(y)(Kiss)

Paula
08-10-22, 10:16 AM
Hey, love, great to see you! So sorry Olly’s been poorly - yes they’re such a worry….

Strugglingmum
08-10-22, 11:43 PM
Lovely to hear you busy and enjoying things.
Hope Olly stays well. Xx

Suzi
09-10-22, 12:04 PM
Hey love! I'm so glad to see you! Sounds like you're really busy! How's Ian? So glad Olly is back to his self! Hope Zoe + co have a great time! This still great with her BF? How are your son + family? You making cakes and things for the shop?

Flo
10-10-22, 05:30 PM
Hi all.....yes, Ian's fine thanks....doing stuff. Mushroom foraging time, still doing vinyl night at the pub with his mates and they have a good following. Zoe and boyfriend's or fiance rather are still on track for their wedding (elopement) in December...only 3 people know. I'm making them a wedding cake which I'll send up beforehand...which will be a surprise. It's all very exciting! Yes, I'm busy but stopped the cakes ages ago so I'm enjoying my retirement. All is good at the moment. Hope you're all well.

Paula
10-10-22, 07:36 PM
Will it just be the 2 of them plus witnesses then? Its what Si and I would have done if we could have got away with it ;). So exciting for you all!

Suzi
10-10-22, 09:33 PM
That's so lovely of you to make the cake!
Sounds busy, but full of things that bring you joy! I'm glad you're enjoying retirement love!

OldMike
15-10-22, 09:59 AM
Hi all.....yes, Ian's fine thanks....doing stuff. Mushroom foraging time, still doing vinyl night at the pub with his mates and they have a good following. Zoe and boyfriend's or fiance rather are still on track for their wedding (elopement) in December...only 3 people know. I'm making them a wedding cake which I'll send up beforehand...which will be a surprise. It's all very exciting! Yes, I'm busy but stopped the cakes ages ago so I'm enjoying my retirement. All is good at the moment. Hope you're all well.

A Flo made wedding cake must be the highlight of any wedding, don't forget to send us a LAEGE slice (giggle)

Flo
20-10-22, 05:12 PM
You know Paula....I don't know about the witnesses! I know there's no-one going with them! I'll have to ask.....thanks for bringing it up!(rofl)
The cake stinks of fruit and brandy......at this rate Suzi, it'll make it's own way to Scotland!!
Mike...I'd give you a damned great bit if I had my way....I'm not even going to be there to taste it myself!!...it's the story of my life!!

Suzi
20-10-22, 06:05 PM
How are you feeling about not being there?

Flo
23-10-22, 05:34 PM
It's no problem suzi....I'm quite excited for them and totally understand why they're getting married this way. And re the witnesses...2 people will be 'supplied' !:)

Suzi
23-10-22, 06:54 PM
That's awesome!

It's all a bit of an exciting adventure!

How you doing love?

Flo
25-10-22, 12:14 PM
Yes, I'm ok thanks suzi...a day at a time. Hope you and yours are ok too, and the children enjoying uni. xx

Suzi
25-10-22, 05:56 PM
Thanks love, definitely loving uni!
Things here ticking along as always! :)

So glad things are good with you and yours!

Flo
06-11-22, 10:52 AM
I've just wrapped up a large Christmas cake for the shop. I decided to make it so it could be used as a "guess the weight of the cake" for the shop to earn a bit of money...it'll be fun too. Keeps me out of mischief if nothing else. The weather here at the moment is extremely wet.....Olly isn't a happy pooch when it's raining...a bugger to get out of the front door! Thankfully I managed to get in an early walk before it started.....the sky is black outside as I type. What I wouldn't give for a couple of days sunshine! Chin up folks eh?;) xxx

Suzi
06-11-22, 12:06 PM
That's so brilliant about the cake. I hope it makes lots of money!

It's so wet and soggy! We have issues with Willow not liking the rain too, Crash? He likes the chaos that he causes!

Paula
06-11-22, 12:31 PM
Sooo how much does it weigh? and does the shop accept email guesses? (Neither of those questions relate to each other, obvs ;))

Suzi
06-11-22, 05:03 PM
Sooo how much does it weigh? and does the shop accept email guesses? (Neither of those questions relate to each other, obvs ;))

ROFL I was wondering the same thing!

Flo
09-11-22, 05:25 PM
(rofl) Daft mares you two! I can't weigh the cake until it's been totally iced. I know that the cake board weighs 340grams but that's as far as I've got. Think how easy dog walking would be if we could super glue them to a skateboard!(think)

Suzi
09-11-22, 08:12 PM
Sounds like an impressive cake! Don't tell Marc please as he loves Christmas cake...

Jaquaia
10-11-22, 07:16 PM
Flo you reminded me that I need to make the parents Christmas cake!

Flo
11-11-22, 03:37 PM
Flo you reminded me that I need to make the parents Christmas cake!

I'm pleased I come in handy for something!!....I made Zoe's wedding cake in August! Feeding it with brandy every week. It'll probably blow up in the post!

Jaquaia
11-11-22, 03:56 PM
I don't have to feed it as my mum can't have alcohol ;)

Suzi
11-11-22, 09:12 PM
I'm pleased I come in handy for something!!....I made Zoe's wedding cake in August! Feeding it with brandy every week. It'll probably blow up in the post!
Or anyone who comes into contact with it on it's journey will be intoxicated by the fumes!