PDA

View Full Version : Nothing changes

Puggysusan
10-06-20, 07:26 AM
Well to sum it up husband heart attack christmas. Son still doing drugs I have been on to the go to get him assessed for mental health Waiting list several months. he is 37 going on 10 which is an injustice to 10 yr olds. I want to move and make him homeless we need to break the cycle my husband works all over so he said 25-30 miles away for his travelling but I don’t like driving so for me that means giving up my job and friends but I am prepared to do this just to get away. The stress of years of hell has given me depression which I take tablets for it I need to get away so we are doing jobs on the house so we can put it up for sale my husband says it wont work moving but at least try any advice gladly received.i don’t want my husband to have a second heart attack as I am see he is stressed everyday I feel like moving us the best option

Paula
10-06-20, 07:45 AM
Oh hunni, I’m sorry about your husband. Is he recovered from his illness?

Breaking the cycle seems to be sensible, if you can. Do you drive at all?

Puggysusan
10-06-20, 08:02 AM
Yes but not a lot of confidence at all I work 15 minutes from home at the moment. Husband back at work now but I am worried about his stress levels I wanted to wait till we retire before moving it the situation is getting worse

Suzi
10-06-20, 08:57 AM
Hunni, this is the same situation - apart from your husband's heart attack - which you've posted about before. Last time I thought you said that you were going to kick your son out. Sounds like you didn't do that. Are you getting any support? There are lots of support out there. Try https://adfam.org.uk/ as a starting point.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but often mental health services won't get involved properly if there is drug/alcohol use as behaviours can often be put on those, rather than mental health. It might be different where you are, but that's the case here.

Puggysusan
15-06-20, 09:31 AM
We have tried to throw him out several times but he won’t leave my husband has given him an ultimatum the police or he leaves. I understand about the mental health but he sits in his bedroom shouting random rubbish. How come alcoholics can get help by going to detox in a hospital sorry I don’t know much about this. I have now started with psoriasis now in my hair and my body. I have got to go back to work soon and my memory is failing me

Suzi
15-06-20, 09:43 AM
Alcoholics can get help to detox, but it's not normally done under the MH Services - it's normally under the drug and alcohol team. It's something that here if you want the help you need to ask for it - him, not you.

I have psoriasis too, I sympathise.

Paula
15-06-20, 10:06 AM
Why do you think your memory is failing you?