PDA

View Full Version : New to your community

Daisycat
05-06-20, 04:35 AM
I'm not too knowledgeable about finding my way around this site, but I will try. I am 69 retired bookkeeper that is now doing part time janitor work because people don't hire older people. I just got lucky with this job but it is very hard work. I have been basically depressed my whole life--but it seems much worse since I retired from being "someone". I just have no interest in doing anything and that in itself is depressing. Thanks for allowing me to join you.

Suzi
05-06-20, 08:40 AM
Hi and welcome to DWD. Can I ask if you've seen your Dr recently to tell them how you are feeling? Do you have anyone around to help support you?
Have a look around and jump in wherever you feel comfortable.

Strugglingmum
05-06-20, 09:26 AM
Hi there, nice to meet you. This is a very friendly place to be. Have you any hobbies or things that you are into? I like to knit and crochet and am starting to take more of an interest in the garden again. I used to grow a lot of veg years ago but haven't in a few years. There are lots of people here with lots of different interests and experiences

Paula
05-06-20, 11:05 AM
Hi and welcome, Daisy (hi). Do you have family and friends around you? What sort of hours do you work?

Jaquaia
05-06-20, 09:11 PM
Hi and welcome!