PDA

View Full Version : Chink of light in the darkness

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Stella180
17-10-20, 06:55 PM
That sucks. Does Jess have to be tested now or is it just 7 day quarantine?

Paula
17-10-20, 07:04 PM
She doesn’t know, only found out as she was leaving tonight

Strugglingmum
17-10-20, 07:28 PM
Poor Jess. I guess the helpline will tell you what to do.

Paula
17-10-20, 09:46 PM
Omg strictly !!!!!!!!!!!

Suzi
17-10-20, 09:51 PM
Oh no what a nightmare for Jess - have you worked out what that means for you all :)

SOOOO loved Strictly!

Paula
17-10-20, 10:49 PM
Not worked it out yet,

Suzi
18-10-20, 10:12 AM
Morning gorgeous, how are you doing?

Paula
18-10-20, 10:52 AM
All good

Suzi
18-10-20, 11:03 AM
Have you thought about dropping an email to the team at Bath to let them know about you managing tights yesterday?

Paula
18-10-20, 11:11 AM
I hadn’t, but that’s a good idea. I believe they’ve got a team back now :)

Suzi
18-10-20, 11:31 AM
They'll be blown away. AS it happens I was looking at Snag tights with H last night and I told her that you were wearing tights and she was so excited for you! Both Hazel and Fern asked me to send you their congratulations and hi 5's ;)

Paula
21-10-20, 09:57 PM
Ooo I thought I’d told you all this! My cousin (the one with terminal bowel cancer but they’d discovered a treatment that might help him) has finally had his recent scan results back. He did have large tumours in every quarter of his liver - now the tumours have shrunk so much they’re ‘almost unseeable’!!! (party)

In other news, I had coffee (proper out, out coffee) with my friend today. She’s the Pastoral Coordinator for my church and has asked me to mentor/support another lady in the congregation who has health issues and suffers from panic attacks, and struggles with going to church services/being actively involved in the church. Somehow, she thought I’d be able to help lol ;)

Suzi
22-10-20, 08:08 AM
That's amazing news about your cousin! Seriously brilliant!

It's fab that you'll be able to support someone else, just remember that you need to look after you too...

Paula
22-10-20, 08:25 AM
Of course I will ;)

Edit: it’s an answer to prayer actually, I wanted an opportunity to serve that was achievable for me itms

Suzi
22-10-20, 09:13 AM
That's brilliant. I'm so proud of you!

Paula
22-10-20, 12:59 PM
Si had a meeting this morning. There’s a few jobs they want to talk to him about next week. They’re also going to email details of his package (if he goes) in the next few days. If he does go, it’ll be first week November.
I think he’s disillusioned with it all and will choose to leave regardless, and I don’t think working for BG is what he wants to do. But, no decisions have been made yet, by them or him.

Suzi
22-10-20, 02:25 PM
It's good that they are presenting options. They obviously want to keep him....
Hope he talks about it all with you love.

Strugglingmum
22-10-20, 02:42 PM
Always good to have options.
So proud and pleased for you to have an opportunity to mentor someone else who is struggling. You'll be amazing xx

Paula
24-10-20, 06:37 PM
I’m not saying our broadband is crap, but our download speed is currently lower than our upload speed (1meg)......

Angie
24-10-20, 06:53 PM
Ouch!

Jaquaia
24-10-20, 07:37 PM
Ours has often been down about 1meg and upload speed so slow it won't register!

Suzi
24-10-20, 09:12 PM
In our area it's very hit and miss....

Paula
24-10-20, 09:45 PM
But....... we have witnessed Virgin laying cables in our street (party)

Talking of parties, STRICTLY’S back!!

Angie
24-10-20, 09:56 PM
Wish Virgin would lay cable in ours, we only went to fibre 18 months ago, and some of the lines here still run on aluminium though they nearly replaced them all now, cant wait for full fibre to come out nationwide.

Suzi
24-10-20, 11:03 PM
Oh no, Virgin round here is properly c(ap!

Stella180
24-10-20, 11:23 PM
Hard to find a virgin round this way ;)

Suzi
25-10-20, 08:20 AM
(rofl) (rofl) (rofl)

OldMike
25-10-20, 08:41 AM
@Stella (rofl)

Virgin has been up and down our street think it was last year what mess they made of the pavements laying the cables. I'm on BT fibre which does me.

Paula
26-10-20, 11:27 AM
The saga continues ;)

I had a call from Southampton hospital this morning. ‘We’ve got you booked in for a lumbar puncture today. Where are you?’ !! FFS

In better news, it’s early days but Si may have found a job :)

Stella180
26-10-20, 11:38 AM
I thought it was cancelled? What’s the job?

Paula
26-10-20, 11:42 AM
It was cancelled....

Job is similar to what he does now - which I’ve never really been interested enough to know about, it’s to do with pricing (boring! (rofl))

Suzi
26-10-20, 12:16 PM
Bugger about the lp!
Same company or something different? Great news that he's got something so fast!

Strugglingmum
26-10-20, 12:30 PM
That's great news for Si.
So frustrating about the LP tho!!

OldMike
26-10-20, 12:41 PM
Good news for Si on the job front.

LP!? I've got an LP entitled The World of Val Doonican I can lend you that if it helps, cost me 19/11 in old money. (giggle) Sorry got my silly hat on today, serious hat on now hope your lumber (spelling) puncture gets sorted soon in the meantime Ms Panda has this for you. (panda)

Paula
26-10-20, 12:43 PM
Same company or something different? Great news that he's got something so fast!

It’s likely his, but not definitely yet! Somewhere different, in our town but mainly wfh. It’s with someone he used to work with at Vodafone, apparently his name came up 6 months ago so they were chuffed when he put up on LinkedIn he was looking for something

Suzi
26-10-20, 01:12 PM
WFH? That sounds perfect! No more horrible commutes?! That HAS to be better?

Paula
26-10-20, 01:40 PM
We’ll see, we don’t know the package yet ;)

Stella180
26-10-20, 02:23 PM
I guarantee it’s better that UC.

Paula
26-10-20, 03:53 PM
LP is next Tuesday now

Suzi
26-10-20, 04:45 PM
How are you feeling about it? I assume Si is going to take you?

Paula
26-10-20, 04:57 PM
Just want to get it over and done with now - especially the self isolating. Yeap, Si will take me

Suzi
26-10-20, 07:17 PM
I can totally understand that...

Paula
29-10-20, 11:13 AM
Things I am hating right now? The fact that my whole family thinks that I should try to find them presents they can give to Si for his 50th birthday! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Paula
29-10-20, 01:09 PM
Ok, so it’s been confirmed Si is being made redundant on 30 November

Suzi
29-10-20, 01:51 PM
Ahh, re the present thing, I have that all the time for Marc..... I hate it!

Sorry about the redundancy... Is there any news on the other job?

Paula
29-10-20, 01:54 PM
Not yet, won’t hear for a couple of weeks

Stella180
29-10-20, 03:55 PM
I’m sure he’ll get the position. It sounds like they really wanted him before so can’t imagine that would’ve changed.

Suzi
29-10-20, 04:24 PM
Exactly. I assume he's been given details of his redundancy package and that it'll keep things going for a while?

Paula
29-10-20, 04:59 PM
Exactly. I assume he's been given details of his redundancy package and that it'll keep things going for a while?

Yes and yes. We’ve got some savings too but I’d much rather we didn’t have to spend that as I’m thinking a wedding isn’t too far in the future.... and I’d like to be in a position to help the girls get their first houses :)

Suzi
29-10-20, 09:58 PM
That's really cool....

OldMike
30-10-20, 03:33 PM
Ooooo a wedding, nice :)

Paula
31-10-20, 11:23 PM
Today’s the first day of 3 in self isolation. I’m bored already of my one room existence lol. Still, at least it looks like my appointment shouldn’t be cancelled Tuesday

Katie’s having a second viewing at a house they’ve fallen in love with, it looks lovely :)

Flo
01-11-20, 05:45 AM
Can't believe Katie's house viewing....where have the years gone? Hope she gets the house she's fallen in love with. Fingers crossed.

Suzi
01-11-20, 10:45 AM
Is it far from you?

Day 1 and you're going to be fine... Do you have lots to do to keep you occupied? Room service any good?

Paula
01-11-20, 02:27 PM
Well, Si went with Katie and Dom to the second viewing and liked it. Says it’s ideal for them. They’re putting in an offer so we shall see, (and Flo, I know, I feel ollllllllld)

I’m getting my own breakfast and lunch as we’ve got the utility room right next to the spare bedroom. But it was weird having my dinner left outside my door ;). I’m studying, mainly, and watching a lot of Taskmaster

Strugglingmum
01-11-20, 04:14 PM
How exciting for Katie and Dom.
Its lovely you have a convenient place to get your brekkie etc. That's such a blessing. Nearly 1 day over. X

Suzi
01-11-20, 05:41 PM
Aww (bear) (bear) (bear) You're doing brilliantly through day 1 love.

Stella180
01-11-20, 06:21 PM
I bet Tuesday can’t come soon enough for you.

Paula
01-11-20, 07:08 PM
I bet Tuesday can’t come soon enough for you.

Lol Tuesday I’m being stabbed - jury’s out on what’s worse (rofl)

Suzi
01-11-20, 07:21 PM
Resting for the rest of the week then?

Paula
01-11-20, 09:24 PM
Well, Wednesday we’re celebrating Si’s birthday, and of course it’s Si’s actual birthday on Saturday. Plus, somehow, I’ve got to get his decorations up - I was banking on help from Katie and Dom but they can’t now. I’ve also got to wrap his presents. So, other than that, yeah

I just hope I don’t have the low pressure symptoms this time

Stella180
01-11-20, 11:00 PM
Sneak Katie and Dom in anyway. Who’s going to stop you?

Suzi
02-11-20, 08:15 AM
If you do, you do love....
Can Jess help with the decorating etc?

Angie
02-11-20, 09:09 AM
Can Katie be in your support bubble because she can still visit that way? and if its Wednesday they can be there as full lockdown is from 12.01 midnight wednesday.

Paula
02-11-20, 09:15 AM
Can Katie be in your support bubble because she can still visit that way? and if its Wednesday they can be there as full lockdown is from 12.01 midnight wednesday.

No, because Katie’s not living on her own - at least that’s how I understood it.

If you do, you do love....
Can Jess help with the decorating etc?

My issue is putting banners up high and Jess is too tiny to be of any use there pmsl

Sneak Katie and Dom in anyway. Who’s going to stop you?

Me. Because I’m not a rule breaker - particularly as I’m more vulnerable ;)

Suzi
02-11-20, 09:30 AM
Can he have lower banners? Or get Jess climbing chairs and step ladders? (rofl)

OldMike
02-11-20, 10:07 AM
I'd go for low banners as low banners is better than no banners (giggle)

Strugglingmum
02-11-20, 10:23 AM
You know what?
A had his 50th in lockdown, we were supposed to be in Potugal but we had a lockdown celebration here when even the take aways were still closed down and he still had a lovely birthday.
Do low banners, Katie can eat dinner with you via zoom if she cant be there in person. Is it what the plan was? Probably not but I bet Si will enjoy his birthday anyway because you are there and love him.x

Suzi
02-11-20, 12:11 PM
Couldn't have said it better than SM!

Paula
02-11-20, 01:27 PM
Katie’s first offer on the house was refused so she’s gone back with a higher one. My stomach is churning big time atm - it feels like it’s all a bit much

Stella180
02-11-20, 01:31 PM
I hope it excitement rather than worry.

Paula
02-11-20, 01:39 PM
Worry, and stress, mainly. It feels like everything’s going on at the same time and I haven’t got a handle on any of it

Stella180
02-11-20, 02:36 PM
Yeah you have. Course work is done, one more sleep until isolation is over and that LP is done so that’s another thing sorted in the next 24hrs. Si’s family birthday dinner on Wednesday will be great. It’ll all be fine.

Paula
02-11-20, 02:41 PM
Course work isn’t done, I’m still way behind. Given my last experience with the LP I’m freaking out about that, particularly as it’s a hospital I don’t really know. Katie’s second offer has been rejected and she can only go up by another £5k and Si’s birthday will be crap and 100% not what I wanted for him - particularly as Katie won’t actually be here on his birthday

Stella180
02-11-20, 03:20 PM
But you said yourself this time will be easier with the X-ray and no things won’t be the same for Si’s birthday under lockdown but I’m sure he’ll be happy just spending the day with you. Don’t panic, everything will work out.

Strugglingmum
02-11-20, 04:19 PM
Ok you feel like you haven't got a handle on any of it. That's because there are things you cant have a handle on.
If this house is for Katie, it will work out. If not, another one will come along. She will be sad but she is a strong young woman like her mum and will pick up and move on. You are not in control of the housing market.
As I said, Si's birthday is not what you wanted for him but that also is out of your control, you did not cause the global pandemic, we make the best of what we can. He will enjoy it more if you relax about it and can smile at how crap a lockdown birthday is. Chances are, we are all gonna have a lockdown birthday this year.
The LP was awful last time. It's under guidance this time, no poking blindly with needles. I wont tell you not to worry because it's natural, but it's not exactly the same as last time.

You are overwhelmed with it all happening at once and having to isolate in the midst of it, but my lovely warrior , you are almost through day2. Xxxx

Suzi
02-11-20, 05:59 PM
I can't agree with SM enough... You will get the coursework done. It might need an extension, but you'll do it. So, if Katie and Dom don't get this house it wasn't meant to be. It means that something better is going to come along for them. Si's birthday isn't going to be crap, it's going to be different and that's OK - in this time it's more than OK to be different, you can have a big party or holiday or whatever when things calm down enough to do so - maybe in the summer?
The LP I can understand. I'm sure you are terrified and that's OK. You've had a really crappy time with them, so tell them. Tell them you're scared and seeing what they are able to do. It's also Southampton hospital which you don't know very well, and that's OK too.... I know that my bil was in there for stem cell transplants and they were blinking lovely and really good. Have faith. You've got this, and if you haven't then we're here for you too and will help support you until things start getting easier...
What time is the LP?

Paula
02-11-20, 07:54 PM
I’ve got to be at the hospital at midday. I am scared, really, really scared

Katie had to up their offer by £10k but they’ve got the house :)

Suzi
02-11-20, 07:56 PM
Congratulations to them!!!

Is there anything I can do to help with the fear?

Stella180
02-11-20, 08:18 PM
It’s ok to be scared so long at you don’t give in to that fear. You’ve got this!

OldMike
03-11-20, 08:41 AM
(bear) (panda)

Suzi
03-11-20, 08:48 AM
Yo, sparkles... How you doing?

Paula
03-11-20, 08:50 AM
Stomach’s churning

Suzi
03-11-20, 09:17 AM
I'm sorry lovely... Can you distract as much as possible?

Stella180
03-11-20, 09:36 AM
Hey, I wish I could be there to hold your hand through today but I’m there in spirit.

Strugglingmum
03-11-20, 09:48 AM
Thinking of you today. You got this but it's ok to be a little bit scared. Mindfulness, meditation and maybe a gin. Xx

Jaquaia
03-11-20, 12:34 PM
Thinking of you (panda)

Suzi
03-11-20, 02:18 PM
How did it go?

Angie
03-11-20, 05:08 PM
Have been thinking of you sweetie, how are you doing ?

Suzi
03-11-20, 05:31 PM
I'm sure she won't mind me updating you. Paula has had it done and should be heading home within the hour.

Strugglingmum
03-11-20, 05:48 PM
That's great news. X

Angie
03-11-20, 06:24 PM
Thats brilliant and hope she is going home to chill and rest xx

Suzi
03-11-20, 07:35 PM
Under my instructions to do so ;)

Suzi
03-11-20, 07:49 PM
Just to update you as I know that you all are worried - Paula is now home, but I've banned her from coming on here tonight and told her she has to rest tomorrow.

Stella180
03-11-20, 08:03 PM
Tomorrow is the family dinner for Si’s birthday so she better be resting right up to the last minute so they can all have a lovely evening together before lockdown.

Suzi
03-11-20, 08:23 PM
That's what I've ordered ;)

EJ
03-11-20, 09:47 PM
Dear Paula I hope you are home and are resting. Sorry I have missed you xx

Paula
05-11-20, 08:45 AM
Hi guys! I was half expecting to come here to find Suzi had changed the locks to keep me out! ;) I’m feeling better than yesterday but still a little rough - LP hangover is no fun so I’m still mainly horizontal.

So, Tuesday was fun, not. The lab ‘lost’ my urgent bloods, which held up the procedure by a couple of hours. I was very anxious but they gave me a lorazepam just before going down. It all went ok though. The reason they’d found it so difficult before is because I have slight scoliosis - which was news to me. My pressure was 26.5, normal is 20-25. The surgeon spoke to me afterwards and said that though it was only slightly high it rushed out at first and he was convinced it would go much higher. He also had to take much more fluid than he expected to get it down to a safe pressure. So he’s going to put all that in his report as he thinks it’s worse than the 26.5 suggests.

The doctor who admitted me was a complete ****. Because the hospital is like a rabbit Warren, and we’ve got lost there before, I was in my wheelchair. We waited outside the ward as Si couldn’t go in so I sat in the wheelchair beside Si. The doctor said my name, I answered and he proceeded to talk to Si and ask him questions, as if I was invisible! Later, he was going through all the paperwork with me - he interrogated me about my MH, my diagnosis, and whether I’d ever had manic or psychotic episodes! To top it off, he was also quizzing me on why I’d been put on lithium.

Anyway, family posh Chinese was lovely. And I’m so grateful we got to see Katie and Dom before lockdown, particularly as I’ve been advised to shield (although they’re not calling it that)

Stella180
05-11-20, 08:58 AM
I’m sorry you had so much stress but glad the procedure itself went well. That doctor sounds like a complete wazzock!wheel chairs can make you invisible to ignorant members of the public but you’d think a doctor would know better and if he’s got your MH notes he will know why you take lithium. Why was any of that relevant anyway?

It’s great to see you back on line and that you were able to enjoy your family meal together. Thanks for the update now sod off and rest. :P

Paula
05-11-20, 09:03 AM
Not relevant at all, or any of his business imo!

Strugglingmum
05-11-20, 09:13 AM
So glad it's over.
Hurrah for posh Chinese and family. Rest up lovely lady. X

Suzi
05-11-20, 09:54 AM
So what happens regarding your pressure being high and that they had to take more than expected? You can't keep going on having LPs on a regular basis.....

Glad that the posh chinese went well. When is Si's birthday?

Paula
05-11-20, 10:00 AM
He’s going to report to my consultant and we’ll go from there

His birthday is Saturday

Suzi
05-11-20, 03:23 PM
You still feeling rough?

Paula
06-11-20, 10:39 AM
Yeah, very. I’m trying very hard to get up the courage to stand in the shower atm. I know it’ll pass but basically it’s a migraine....

Jaquaia
06-11-20, 10:49 AM
(panda)

Suzi
06-11-20, 10:54 AM
Do you need the shower? Could it wait until you feel safer? Is Si at home? Can he stand with you whilst you have a shower if you feel you need it?

OldMike
06-11-20, 11:35 AM
That is so annoying ignoring a lovely lady like yourself and just talking to hubby. You should have said hey I'm here talk to the organ grinder not the monkey (rofl)

Glad you got your Chinese in before lockdown (panda)

Strugglingmum
06-11-20, 02:16 PM
Hope you feel a bit better. X

Paula
06-11-20, 03:19 PM
I had a shower and, yes, Si is here to respond to me crashing over if necessary ;). I managed to sit up to have my lunch so crossing everything this is a good sign - particularly as I have presents to wrap!

Suzi
06-11-20, 04:03 PM
Hooray for sitting upwards!

Stella180
06-11-20, 04:23 PM
Vertical is awesome. If you can’t wrap presents I’m sure the old fit will understand what with the circumstances.

Paula
07-11-20, 12:02 PM
I’m upright about 50% of the time now (party). So far, Si seems to be enjoying his birthday. Jess and got the decs up. He’s had a cooked breakfast (he cooked it but still....), we’ve had lunch delivered (an afternoon tea with scones and cupcakes) and he and Jess have gone to meet Katie and Dom Stan open air food market.

Suzi
07-11-20, 01:36 PM
Woohoo! Yeah for 50% of the time! That's much better than last time.
So glad Si is having a good time lovely.

Stella180
07-11-20, 03:57 PM
Happy birthday to Mr. Sparkles

Stella180
08-11-20, 09:32 AM
How are you feeling now?

Suzi
08-11-20, 11:21 AM
What'cha up to today?

Paula
08-11-20, 12:18 PM
Mainly still trying to stave off the headache. But I’m getting there

Suzi
08-11-20, 01:25 PM
Is it lessening?

Paula
08-11-20, 04:55 PM
Slowly. As long as I don’t sit up too long. Still very dizzy

Suzi
08-11-20, 05:15 PM
Is this LP side effects or could it be lithium again?

Paula
08-11-20, 09:01 PM
Definitely LP - it gets worse the longer I sit up. It’ll pass

Stella180
08-11-20, 10:28 PM
I know you’ll hate be for saying this but maybe you should by horizontal a bit longer. I know the side effects can last a week and maybe more so please take it easy as much as you can.

Suzi
09-11-20, 08:22 AM
Morning gorgeous, how are you today?

Paula
09-11-20, 09:22 AM
Getting there, I’m currently upright ;). But I’m going to take it easy today, I don’t want to push it and take a step backwards - the hole will still be healing over at this stage

Suzi
09-11-20, 11:39 AM
I'm glad you're being sensible...

Paula
09-11-20, 06:03 PM
Just had a call from the sleep clinic. They want me to see the consultant tomorrow afternoon. Si doesn’t want me to go into hospital so got arsey . Another thing is it’s at the cardiology unit - I’m hoping that’s just where the consultant happens to be atm

Suzi
09-11-20, 06:08 PM
Is that your local hospital? What are you going to do?

Stella180
09-11-20, 06:09 PM
That’s not usually. What are they looking at? Sleep apnoea?

Paula
09-11-20, 06:12 PM
I don’t know. Si was cross that I didn’t ask what it was for but it was the admin person, who wouldn’t have been able to tell me anyway. I tried calling back but couldn’t get through, Si wants me to try again in the morning so we’ll see

Stella180
09-11-20, 06:16 PM
Sleep apnoea is a thoracic condition so not really a surprise for it to be linked with cardio.

Paula
09-11-20, 06:18 PM
But why the sudden urgency? I had the test in September and heard nothing, then this

Strugglingmum
09-11-20, 06:33 PM
I know in our local hospital consultants are seeing patients in different places. It's to stop there being a large crowd of patients in OPD.
Each consultant has a separate part of the hospital to bring patients to. It's also in areas where there is a low patient traffic so to reduce risk of Covid. Maybe they had a cancellation and that's why it's short notice.

Suzi
09-11-20, 08:06 PM
I hope you find out in the morning lovely.

Flo
10-11-20, 06:02 AM
Ooh! hospital appts. are gold dust. Good luck love.

Suzi
10-11-20, 08:58 AM
Hey you, any news?

Paula
10-11-20, 11:23 AM
I haven’t bothered ringing. Stella made a very good point last night - if I have sleep apnoea, they’ll want to fit me for a mask etc so I need to go.

Suzi
10-11-20, 12:11 PM
Is Si going with you?

Paula
10-11-20, 12:41 PM
Always ;)

Strugglingmum
10-11-20, 01:51 PM
Good luck. X

Paula
10-11-20, 04:41 PM
So, I have sleep apnoea and (as I have meds that sedate me, have lost weight and have to sleep on my back) there’s not much I can do to alleviate it, I’ve been given a cpap machine to try for a month.

I’m shattered

Suzi
10-11-20, 04:48 PM
So, how do you feel about it?

Paula
10-11-20, 04:52 PM
Well, apparently it’s not ok to wake up after 8 hours sleep, have your breakfast and then doze off again over your iPad - which Si has noticed I do more often than not. So, I’ll give it a go. If Si laughs at me, I will do damage......

Suzi
10-11-20, 04:55 PM
Oh? That's not ok? I thought it was something that just happened with aging..... (rofl)

Paula
10-11-20, 05:06 PM
Pfft..

Stella180
10-11-20, 05:35 PM
Oh Suzi, I crack the age jokes around here.
You’ll be fine. When I was diagnosed I was told I was “waking” 120 times an hour!!! I was totally unaware. Using the CPAP has changed my life and although it was difficult to get comfortable at first but now I can’t sleep without it.

Paula
11-11-20, 09:53 AM
I hurled the mask away at 3am..... but Si said I didn’t snore, so that’s good news

Stella180
11-11-20, 10:24 AM
A few hours is better than none. It’s a bit weird isn’t it?

Suzi
11-11-20, 10:46 AM
I'm glad you got some sleep lovely.... From what I've heard it does get easier....

Paula
11-11-20, 11:56 AM
A few hours is better than none. It’s a bit weird isn’t it?

It’s not the mask, it’s the wind blowing up my nose that’s uncomfortable. But I’ll get used to it. However, if Si makes one more Darth Vader comment, I may do him harm ;)

Suzi
11-11-20, 11:57 AM
He's a brave, brave man.....

Paula
11-11-20, 11:58 AM
(rofl)

Stella180
11-11-20, 12:18 PM
Hahaha, nice one Si

Angie
11-11-20, 12:28 PM
(rofl)

Strugglingmum
11-11-20, 12:49 PM
At least you managed some hours.
As Suzi said, I've heard you get used to it.
Imagine how rested you will be when you get proper sleep!!

Paula
11-11-20, 01:07 PM
I thought I was getting proper sleep, but Si’s answers to the doctor told otherwise lol

Suzi
11-11-20, 01:41 PM
Oh lol...

Paula
12-11-20, 05:42 PM
My baby’s got a mortgage offer! I feel old .....

Angie
12-11-20, 05:44 PM
Awww sweetie but well done Katie xx

Suzi
12-11-20, 08:21 PM
Aww well done Katie!

You're not old love, you're like a fine wine ;)

Stella180
12-11-20, 08:29 PM
That’s fab news. I bet she’s over the moon.

Paula
12-11-20, 08:45 PM
That’s fab news. I bet she’s over the moon.

She really is :)

Aww well done Katie!

You're not old love, you're like a fine wine ;)

What? Aged? ;)

Stella180
12-11-20, 09:05 PM
Mature and full bodied?

Suzi
12-11-20, 09:22 PM
I was thinking more about deliciously amazing and very expensive.... (rofl) (rofl)

Paula
12-11-20, 09:36 PM
(rofl)

Paula
16-11-20, 03:14 PM
I don’t want to celebrate too early, given recent DWP behaviour on the subject, but I’ve had a letter saying they’ve put back my review til Oct 2022. Which means I don’t have to worry about my car just yet :)

Angie
16-11-20, 03:35 PM
Thats brilliant news hunni x

Stella180
16-11-20, 03:56 PM
I’m expecting to go to appeal with mine. I’m really glad you have a couple of years breather.

Strugglingmum
16-11-20, 05:48 PM
That's fantastic huni. Great news.....and a relief for you.

Suzi
16-11-20, 06:39 PM
So pleased for you!

Paula
17-11-20, 06:47 PM
https://i.ibb.co/DVBxVhK/22-F76394-83-DA-4-EC7-BD7-B-F285-D0001277.jpg (https://ibb.co/r7BC7Yy)
photo image hosting (https://imgbb.com/)

So I finished my big project of a mini hat for the Innocent drinks Age UK Big Knit. Kind of chuffed considering I’m really a newbie knitter :). What colour to do next?.....

Angie
17-11-20, 06:49 PM
That is so cute

Stella180
17-11-20, 06:52 PM
That is so cool. I need one to fit on my noggin now ;)

Strugglingmum
17-11-20, 06:55 PM
Well done!!

Jaquaia
17-11-20, 07:38 PM
Love it!!!

magie06
17-11-20, 08:53 PM
That's really good Paula. Well done.

Suzi
17-11-20, 08:53 PM
That's really cool! Well done! :)

Paula
17-11-20, 08:57 PM
It’s not really good, it’s average beginner at best, but its a starting place for me and it’s for charity so....

Suzi
17-11-20, 09:00 PM
I think it's fabulous, I can't knit anything apart from a "rustic" scarf....

Stella180
17-11-20, 09:08 PM
Rustic being the new word for dropped stitches? That’s one level above me lol

Suzi
17-11-20, 09:14 PM
Lol... Just "random textures and tensions"....

Stella180
17-11-20, 09:23 PM
It’s not really good, it’s average beginner at best, but its a starting place for me and it’s for charity so....

Oh shut up woman and accept the fact that we all think you made a seriously cute little bottle hat for a great cause. It’s better than anything I could do cos I wouldn’t know where to start.

Paula
17-11-20, 09:28 PM
I think it's fabulous, I can't knit anything apart from a "rustic" scarf....

Yeah, well, it’s been so long since my gran tried to teach me, I had to watch a video on how to cast on ;)

Jaquaia
18-11-20, 08:40 AM

It is really good. Your tension looks good and the stitches look even!

Yeah, well, it’s been so long since my gran tried to teach me, I had to watch a video on how to cast on ;)

So did I!

Suzi
18-11-20, 08:56 AM
Morning love, how are you today? What's on your agenda?

Paula
18-11-20, 12:41 PM
I’m ok but overslept. Woke up at 10 ( I honestly can’t remember the last time I slept that late) and had to rush around for breakfast and shower before a hospital team meeting at 11! So today, a little bit of housework and then study

Mira
18-11-20, 01:52 PM
Take it easy Princess. I am sorry to say that I think I forgot what you are studying?

Paula
18-11-20, 02:02 PM
No worries - it’s a theological course :)

Mira
18-11-20, 02:03 PM
I do remember that, sorry about that. And sorry about the princess. That was meant in the nicest way.

Paula
18-11-20, 02:04 PM
I liked it :)

Stella180
18-11-20, 02:35 PM
an Ology. You get an ology and you’re a scientist.

Suzi
18-11-20, 02:55 PM
I'm glad you slept in, you obviously needed it.... How's the study going?

Paula
18-11-20, 03:15 PM
Fine so far, just reading about war, obviously ;)

Suzi
18-11-20, 04:58 PM
Obviously..... lol

Jaquaia
20-11-20, 06:19 PM
Have you seen the Christmas Snags??

Paula
20-11-20, 06:38 PM
Oh yes, the diamond pink ones are on order, the sparkle ones are in my drawer (and I’ve got the burgundy and purple ones just cos ;))

Jaquaia
20-11-20, 07:07 PM
The gold spotty ones are quite cool! Wouldn't have the guts to wear the elf stripey ones!

Paula
20-11-20, 07:11 PM
Nooo that’s beyond even me!

Suzi
20-11-20, 09:15 PM
If I wore anything apart from leggings then I'd wear them ;)

Paula
23-11-20, 09:31 AM
I had an asthma attack last night. Feeling like some hulking builder is standing on your chest is not pleasant. So I’m taking it easy today - maybe an hour of study but otherwise I’ll be watching The Crown and knitting

Suzi
23-11-20, 09:49 AM
Oh love, do you know what triggered it?

Angie
23-11-20, 10:51 AM
Oh sweetie, rest today sounds the best thing

Strugglingmum
23-11-20, 10:51 AM
Oh dear. Hope a restful day relaxes you.

Paula
23-11-20, 11:25 AM
Oh love, do you know what triggered it?

No, but it’s been building - I’ve been using my blue inhaler the last few days, and I rarely use it normally

Angie
23-11-20, 11:26 AM
(bear)

Suzi
23-11-20, 11:44 AM
(bear) I'm glad you're going to take it easy today...

Flo
23-11-20, 03:08 PM
(bear)(bear)

Paula
23-11-20, 03:10 PM
Awwww, I told Sithis year I didn’t want a chocolate advent calendar. So he’s bought me a Cath Kidston one!

Stella180
23-11-20, 03:51 PM
He spoils you. My cousin bought a Jack Daniels one a couple of years back. A shot of whiskey every day in the lead up the Christmas lol

OldMike
23-11-20, 04:20 PM
Had to Google Cath Kidson, handbags (smirk) I'd definitely go for a chocky advent calendar any day ;)

Paula
23-11-20, 07:33 PM
They do a lot more than handbags, Mike, and my calendar is beauty stuff. Much better for my diet than chocolate ;)

I have a question which the PM failed to answer this afternoon. What about if I’m shielding? Do I go back to the same normal? Actually, that’s 2 questions ;)

Suzi
23-11-20, 08:01 PM
I'm currently watching the PM drivel trying to work out wtf he is actually saying... Something about cavalry coming over the hill, but not to be "jolly cat" about Christmas and not to have parties with older people, but hoping that Easter will be better? F*cked if I know wtf he's saying....

Suzi
24-11-20, 08:21 AM
Morning Princess Sparkles, how are you today?

Paula
24-11-20, 09:34 AM
I’m ok, just wish there was clarification on the rules. I know it sounds silly but Katie and I always put up the Christmas tree together, always on 1st December. We’d sort of decided to delay til end of lockdown, assuming the rules allowed, but I don’t know if I’m allowed to see her next week or not.

OldMike
24-11-20, 09:44 AM
I saw our illustrious leader doing his virtual statement to parliament and was not overly impressed oop north it looks like I'll be in tier 3 with pubs and bars still closed so no change there.

Paula I thought that shielding had ended but then again I could be wrong ;)

Hope you can see Katie on Xmas day.

Paula
24-11-20, 09:53 AM
At the beginning of the current lockdown, I was told that I was advised to shield again

Stella180
24-11-20, 10:12 AM
I think you need to decide the risk for yourself. Or maybe Jess could step in for Katie this year. Be nice for you to do something together.

Angie
24-11-20, 10:12 AM
Depending on what tier you are in and going into depends on visitors but if people are in your support bubble they can visit, Jay for instance still comes here as he comes to see Caitlin that is still allowed and he helps me as my car is not usable right now, so it would depend on tiers etc. But also common sense aswell.

Paula
24-11-20, 10:36 AM
I thought support bubbles were for people who live alone?

Stella, there’s no way on this planet Jess would help with the Christmas tree (rofl). It’s not about helping me as just something me and Katie do..... Jess isn’t interested but it became a fun tradition for me and Katie

Suzi
24-11-20, 11:18 AM
There is no clarification until you have been told what tier you're going into.... The whole handling of this has been p*ss poor at best...
I hope you do get to do it together love.

Angie
24-11-20, 01:13 PM
It makes no difference with me as he comes to see Caitlin anyway but she wont go to the shop on her own and Ryan doing his college cant alway go when I need him to. This has to stop at some point, put facemasks and visors on, sanitise hands on entry etc keep distance can still do that in a house.

Strugglingmum
24-11-20, 02:54 PM
I know how special those traditions are Paula. Really hope you get to see Katie soon. Xx

Paula
24-11-20, 05:42 PM
I know I keep going on about not seeing Katie, and I know so many others are in the same boat, but I’m 99% certain this is the last time we’ll be doing Christmas together. She’s buying her house and next year she’s going to be making her own traditions, putting up her own tree, and having Christmas dinner in her own home, cooked by her trained chef boyfriend. I just want to make the most of this year

Mira
24-11-20, 05:52 PM
But thats ok, I am sure we can all understand how important it is for you. Here you are allowed to see people but not to many. But here she and her boyfriend would be ok to come visit.

I hope it will happen for you (panda)

Suzi
24-11-20, 08:27 PM
That's more than understandable lovely....

Strugglingmum
24-11-20, 08:36 PM
The news is out. You can see Katie over Christmas. Xx

Angie
24-11-20, 09:09 PM
Yup upto 3 families on christmas day at least can mix, but use your judgement etc, something I heard last night and saw again tonight xx

Paula
24-11-20, 10:25 PM
Yay!! I get to see Katie!!! I’m so relieved :)

It’s 3 households total for the whole 5 day period. So, as Katie and Dom will be bubbling with us, so she can see her dad we’ll bubble with him. So ironically, the only other people we can meet during the whole Christmas period will be my ex husband and (because they’ll be living with them in a couple of weeks) Dom’s parents, who we haven’t yet met (rofl)

Stella180
24-11-20, 10:30 PM
Maybe you can remedy that during the 5 days of Christmas (yep the song has been restricted due to Covid)

Paula
24-11-20, 10:33 PM
Must I?

Stella180
24-11-20, 10:41 PM
You have to meet your daughters future out laws.

Paula
24-11-20, 10:47 PM
I’m not looking forward to it, and Katie’s not keen either.

Stella180
24-11-20, 11:00 PM
So what? You wait til the day of the wedding? You’re going to be family eventually if you’re right about them tying the knot.

Suzi
25-11-20, 08:30 AM
Lol! It can't be worse than my parents and meeting Marc's parents... My Mum still hates his and His Mum still hates mine....

How are you this morning Princess Sparkles?

Paula
25-11-20, 08:34 AM
Ok, ta.

Stella, I know but I don’t particularly want to have that meeting over my precious time with Katie

Strugglingmum
25-11-20, 10:50 AM
4 days with Katie and 2 hrs with the future in-laws??(giggle)

Flo
25-11-20, 03:44 PM
But you hold the ace card Paula...when she has babies it'll be you that she comes to for help and babysitting...the outlaws might get the odd look in if they're lucky!

OldMike
25-11-20, 03:51 PM
My dad used to hate going to his mother in law's for Xmas she used to spend ages selecting a turkey and it was always tough (giggle)

Paula
25-11-20, 05:58 PM
But you hold the ace card Paula...when she has babies it'll be you that she comes to for help and babysitting...the outlaws might get the odd look in if they're lucky!

Ah, well there lies the rub. MIL is an alcoholic so has already been told that, unless she sobers up, she won’t be allowed any babysitting duties.....

Suzi
25-11-20, 06:08 PM
We had same issues with Marc's Dad. He was never allowed to be alone with them when he was drinking.

Paula
25-11-20, 06:41 PM
Apparently she drinks every day, currently from 1pm til she passes out

Stella180
25-11-20, 06:51 PM
That’s really sad. Such a shame.

Paula
25-11-20, 07:00 PM
Yeah.

Flo
25-11-20, 07:44 PM
Yes, it's such a shame....she'll be losing out on such a lot.

Suzi
25-11-20, 09:10 PM
Poor Dom.... I know how badly Marc and his sister have struggled with their Dad, but to be fair his Mum is just difficult and acts more like a young teenager all the time too....

Mira
25-11-20, 09:19 PM
That is rough indeed. My step father was an alcoholic and I had a few in the family. It can but up barriers and so much arguments.

Its a good thing they have you for advice and guidance.

Paula
27-11-20, 05:45 PM
I *might* have overdone it today. I went for a walk with Katie, did some housework, then spent hours wrapping presents. I got up and was very, very dizzy and nauseous......

Jaquaia
27-11-20, 05:52 PM
Rest tomorrow?

Paula
27-11-20, 05:58 PM
I think so

Suzi
27-11-20, 07:49 PM
Are you eating and drinking enough love? Can you rest this evening?