PDA

View Full Version : Roses

Suzi
04-05-20, 09:27 PM
Hey peeps, I have several rose bushes in my garden including one we call "the b*****d rose" as it attacks you every time you try to help it.... Anyway it normally has yellow roses but today there are 5 red buds on it... Can they change colour? Will the roses be red or will they be yellow?

OldMike
05-05-20, 09:08 AM
Depends on the variety Suzi, roses like some other plants can have buds of a deeper colour than the open bloom so the tight buds could be red and open as orange and fade to yellow without a variety it is hard to say.

Edit: Thick gloves are essential when dealing with roses ;)

Suzi
05-05-20, 10:16 AM
Oh this one likes to rip me to shreds whenever I'm deadheading it, let alone doing anything else to it! Thanks Mike, I'll just watch and wait....

OldMike
15-05-20, 09:40 AM
Suzi, Suzi, just spotted some rose pics of your's on FB and the Rose looks like Peace yellow with pink edged petals what a fine specimen.

Suzi
15-05-20, 11:01 AM
OO thank you! It is an inherited one and every time I try to do anything with it the thorns rip me to shreds!

scilover
25-08-20, 03:37 AM
Or you can experiment it using the cutting stem process. Then, you'll be able to change the colour of the flower.