PDA

View Full Version : Hi - I am new to this

Akagoldie
30-04-20, 02:20 PM
Hi everyone,
I am new to this but thought it would be a good idea to join a space where people are feeling or have felt the same.
recently i've been struggling with being happy and the lockdown has made the situation worse, i was having a really rough time in January and tried to quit work (work were really supportive and said they weren't going to lose me and would do whatever they can to get me back on track) I started speaking with people about how I was feeling which helped, I joined a gym as people say exercise helps with mental health and also booked a holiday to the Caribbean for earlier this month to give me something to look forward to since them gyms have been closed and my holiday was cancelled since then my mood has been in a downward spiral.
Eating has become a chore and i rarely have an appetite, sleep is in stages and i randomly get emotional for no apparent reason.
Am i alone in feeling like this during lockdown?
Does anyone have any tips or techniques to possibly overcome negative thinking or channeling it into something else??

Suzi
30-04-20, 05:21 PM
Hi and welcome to the group!
It's so good you have a supportive employer. Have you thought about speaking to your Dr?

Paula
30-04-20, 07:03 PM
Hi and welcome (hi). Well done for talking to people about how you’re feeling. Everyone here has experienced the impact of mental health issues so we get it, and we’re a strong, caring community.

Jaquaia
01-05-20, 10:14 PM
Hi and welcome!

Stella180
01-05-20, 10:53 PM
Hi there and welcome to DWD. Two words....lockdown sucks!!!