PDA

View Full Version : More a reintroduction.

Mummyhill
02-04-20, 06:29 PM
Hi I’m Mummyhill

I've been away from the forum for a while but need to pop back in and work on some stuff.

I'm a mum to 3 they are all growing up nicely.

I have depression and anxiety. The anxiety is causing me more issues than usual at the moment.

im looking forward to touching base with long-standing members of the team/forum and meeting new people to chat to.

i do a lot of crafting, gardening and cooking to help me try to find some zen moments.

Stella180
02-04-20, 06:34 PM
Welcome back, sounds like it could be under better circumstances

Mummyhill
02-04-20, 06:40 PM
Welcome back, sounds like it could be under better circumstances

yes but at least I recognise the need instead of burying my head in the sand which is something I used to
be quite good at.

Stella180
02-04-20, 07:20 PM
Valid point which makes it even better that you’re back.

Jaquaia
02-04-20, 07:35 PM
Welcome back!!!

Suzi
02-04-20, 08:16 PM
Hello gorgeous! It's blinking lovely to see you. I'm so proud you've come back to help work on stuff and not allow it to build into something horrible... Are you on meds atm?

EJ
02-04-20, 08:26 PM
Hi Mummyhill xx

Mummyhill
02-04-20, 09:19 PM
Hello gorgeous! It's blinking lovely to see you. I'm so proud you've come back to help work on stuff and not allow it to build into something horrible... Are you on meds atm?

Hello my lovely
I’m on sertraline at the moment. I was hoping not have to be on them long as I did something about the circumstances that were causing me so much stress only to have the whole covid19 throw everything further out.

Paula
02-04-20, 10:55 PM
Hey lovely, so good to see you :). I’m struggling with covid 19 so I completely get it. Lots of hugs flying your way....

Angie
02-04-20, 11:42 PM
Hello its so good to see you again. I think a lot are struggling with covid 19 right now/

Mira
03-04-20, 07:02 AM
Hi there, I have seen your name around here sometimes. Its nice to meet you.

Suzi
03-04-20, 09:03 AM
What's happening re work etc?
How are you finding the sert? When was your last meds review? Are you eating and drinking properly? How are the kids coping? (I've loved seeing your pics on FB!)

OldMike
03-04-20, 09:36 AM
Hi Mummyhill, I'm a comparative newbie on DWD, not surprising you are struggling as this covid business has thrown us all in to a whirl.

Mummyhill
03-04-20, 10:51 AM
What's happening re work etc?
How are you finding the sert? When was your last meds review? Are you eating and drinking properly? How are the kids coping? (I've loved seeing your pics on FB!)

So I worked for 3 years in a pub. Someone in my household kept pushing me to get a "proper" job with better hours. I got offered the opportunity to work in a customer service role in a call center and I took it. During training I came to realize it's not a straight forward csu role it's retention which is trying to retain customers who wish to cancel their subscription to your services. This is something I am not entirely comfortable with but I give it a go. I lasted 5 months before I just couldn't do it anymore I was shaking at the thought of going to work. I went in and broke down was sent home gp put me on medication and signed me off. Whilst I was off sick I was approached by the pub I worked for previously to see if I would pick up some shifts to help them out as they were desperate for experienced staff. So I hand in my notice and go back to work at the pub supported by the whole family. I am feeling so much better in myself and starting to take interest in things again.

I've been back 5 weeks and covid hits. Now my pub is shut, I'm on furlough which is ok because I will get paid however as much as I love my children I've now had 2 weeks of them and these 4 walls. 1 is aspies, 1 is asd and the other is just a full on ray of sunshine.

My big one with aspies also has anxiety and tends to be very passive agressive, I'm not coping well with that right now. Middle gives the best hugs but with Asd and puberty hormones going on he's not coping well with it either.

I'm eating well, I'm drinking lots of cups of tea. Sert is fine n ow the side effects have worn off. Meds review was 3 weeks ago all is fine.

I will continue to spam facebook and instagram.

Suzi
03-04-20, 11:14 AM
I knew about the jobs thing. How has he taken you going back to the pub? Was he supportive?
It's brilliant that you're getting out into the garden and doing things things... It is hard when they all have such different needs, but you're doing a great job love..

Angie
03-04-20, 11:59 AM
I get the issues with call centres hunni and they class retentions as customer service for some reason, in one way it is but in other ways it isnt.
Your doing so well right now, it is hard, but you can get out as a family for a hour as long as no one has symptoms, is that possible?

Mummyhill
03-04-20, 03:42 PM
I knew about the jobs thing. How has he taken you going back to the pub? Was he supportive?
It's brilliant that you're getting out into the garden and doing things things... It is hard when they all have such different needs, but you're doing a great job love..

He was really supportive about it to begin with. However they’ve started putting me on all weekend every weekend again. I get why it’s the busiest time so it’s when they need me. He’s not liking it very much and is making the usual comments. Although since I’m at home on furlough he’s being ok.

Suzi
03-04-20, 03:43 PM
Is there no way that you could do alternate weekends or something? It'll mean that you don't spend time with the kids at the weekends at all, and I know how important spending time with them is to you.... Also might make him easier to live with too lol

Mummyhill
03-04-20, 03:45 PM
I get the issues with call centres hunni and they class retentions as customer service for some reason, in one way it is but in other ways it isnt.
Your doing so well right now, it is hard, but you can get out as a family for a hour as long as no one has symptoms, is that possible?

I felt like I was ripping people off and the pressure to retain 50% of the people you speak to in minimum amount of discount is horrid. I didn’t mind the actual customer service calls where you are changing details for people of just renewing their services or reinstating agreements but the retention sideways awful. I’m so much happier not doing it

Angie
03-04-20, 03:56 PM
Yup I get it sweetie its not always great but the actual customer service side is brilliant well can be if they are not shouting and swearing at you/

Stella180
03-04-20, 05:14 PM
Customer service can really suck. I had 6 yrs of it and had more battles with the company than the customers.

Angie
03-04-20, 05:30 PM
I always found the customers once they understood were fine its getting them to listen. Some companies are better than others

Stella180
03-04-20, 06:22 PM
Yeah I enjoyed turning an angry customer into a happy one and them thanking me for my help. It was dealing with managers and the time restrictions and targets placed on employees. You can’t put a figure on the value of satisfied customer but they didn’t get that.

Angie
03-04-20, 07:19 PM
MH how are you today? have you much planned for the weekend?

Mummyhill
03-04-20, 08:04 PM
I’ve spent the day gardening and ignoring my eldest child. We are going on a walk tomorrow not sure what we are doing the rest of the weekend tbh.

Suzi
03-04-20, 09:07 PM
Can I help with eldest at all??
The garden's looking fab - you OK with the inside too? I know that's always been a huge indicator of how things are for you.... When did you last have your thyroid checked too?

Angie
04-04-20, 12:32 AM
(panda)