PDA

View Full Version : Losing my Mum

Loise
26-10-19, 11:02 PM
I miss my Mum such a lot and I don't really get to talk about it. she died in May.

Jaquaia
26-10-19, 11:19 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Have you got any support around you? (panda)

Suzi
26-10-19, 11:23 PM
Hi there.. Losing a parent is so hard. I lost my Dad 12 years ago and I still miss him... Have you had any grief counselling? If you are in the UK I can recommend CRUSE massively. They helped my Mum and a close friend after the death of his Dad.

Loise
27-10-19, 08:16 AM
I have good people around me but five months on I feel like I shouldn't still be boring on about it. I will find out about CRuze, thank you. I referred myself to the NHS talking therapies at the time and the waiting list was six months, so hoping to hear soon. And my husband is particularly rubbish at this kind of thing. In fact the person I most need is my Mum, of course. She was my emotional support so I feel cut adrift. It is lovely to know you are there.

OldMike
27-10-19, 08:32 AM
Hi Loise, my dad 25 years ago and mum 17 years ago and I still miss them both. I should definitely contact CRUSE as I believe they are very good at helping you deal with bereavement.

Angie
27-10-19, 09:20 AM
I'm sorry for your loss sweetie xx

Paula
27-10-19, 10:06 AM
I’m so sorry, hunni. There’s no time limit on grief, especially when you were so close - you’re not boring on. Big hugs (bear)

Suzi
27-10-19, 01:46 PM
Absolutely agree, you aren't "boring" you are "trying to process" they are very different.. Grief doesn't come with a timeframe - I wish it did, but it does change over time.

Loise
27-10-19, 09:38 PM
Thank you all for your support. I can see myself liking it here :)

Suzi
27-10-19, 10:15 PM
That's lovely to hear! I look forward to getting to know you ;)

selena
27-10-19, 10:40 PM
Hi, dear. My dear mother died a month ago, I'm completely alone and devastated. I try to go out with local friends, go on with hobbies and my job...
That is very hard. I recognize that I'm broken.

But I attend psychologist, it helped me so far a lot.