PDA

View Full Version : Patient Access (UK)

Paula
17-10-19, 11:42 PM
I downloaded the Patient Access app back in January but wasn’t impressed.

“Patient Access is a website and mobile app which gives you access to a range of GP services online, as well as access to your health records.

Using Patient Access will allow you to:

- Book your GP appointments from the website or app

- Order your repeat prescriptions directly from the website or app

- Access your medical records”

At the time the data and services was minimal and hard to access, ironically.

However, I noticed a few weeks ago that it had been updated and finally got around to having a look tonight. Much, much better! I can easily book GP appointments, look at my meds and put in repeat requests, look at past appointment info, look at some of my medical reports (at least I assume that’s the case - there were 15 requests to share my medical record from the hospital on 30 sept. I’m assuming that’s the date the app was updated and it was playing catch up ;)).

It also has health articles, info on what to do if ....., a symptoms checker and info on accessing self referral services, amongst other things.

It’s still a relatively new service and the NHS does not race to the finish line but it’s definitely improved and I can see me using it.

Suzi
18-10-19, 08:05 AM
My GP use this one so we can book online too. It's so much easier than fighting to get an appointment on the phone...

Jaquaia
18-10-19, 09:12 AM
I use an online service too but it's called systmonline (not a typo). Sounds very similar to this except my GPs have restricted access to some areas.

Suzi
18-10-19, 10:53 AM
Who named that? Weirdo - feels like it should be symptomonline or systemonline...

Angie
18-10-19, 11:01 AM
We use the same Jaw x

Suzi
18-10-19, 11:04 AM
See Northerners and stupid spelling apps...

Angie
18-10-19, 11:07 AM
Lol..

Paula
18-10-19, 11:28 AM
(giggle)

Jaquaia
18-10-19, 11:36 AM
How rude!!!! :P

Suzi
18-10-19, 01:37 PM
No love, honest.... Weirdoes... (giggle)(giggle)(giggle)

Jaquaia
18-10-19, 01:56 PM
(rofl)