PDA

View Full Version : Hello i’m new here

Sw867
28-07-19, 07:25 PM
I’ve suffered depression for quite a few years but as I’ve got older it’s got worse , especially over the last 2 or 3 years, I keep going into lows that I struggle to lift, I have been on various different medications and they work for a while then it’s like I get used to them, I find life a daily torture, I’ve lost 3 jobs to this illness where I just can’t bring myself to get up, get showered some days, the job I have now I am just about holding on to, life is a daily struggle, I have children and they are the reason I am still here, the thought of hurting them is heart wrenching but it’s a daily torture going through this day in day out, I comfort eat some days and then I am always unhappy I am overweight, I have seen psychiatrists and they listen to what you have to say then change the medication and send you away, I really am coming to the end of the road, I can’t keep carrying on feeling like this day in day out, thanks for listening

Jaquaia
28-07-19, 07:29 PM
Hi and welcome. I'm so sorry you're suffering how you are. Unfortunately, there is no guarantee with meds and it can take several different attempts to get the right one. What have you tried so far? Have you ever tried counselling alongside medication?

Suzi
28-07-19, 07:51 PM
Hi and welcome to DWD. Do you have any support around you? Are you eating and drinking sensibly and getting any exercise? How old are your children? Sorry! Loads of questions I know!

Paula
28-07-19, 07:55 PM
Hi and welcome. As Jaq says, perhaps talking therapy would help - CBT, counselling etc? I had to try many different meds before I found a combination that suits me, and I’m currently on 2 ADs and a mood stabiliser. My psychiatrist once told me that there is always a way through, and he was right. My mental health isn’t perfect but I do now have a good quality of life, and so does my family.

You’ve reached out to us here, which shows me you really want to get better and talking to people who understand and empathise with what you’re going through really does make a difference. I hope we can help (panda)

Sw867
28-07-19, 08:02 PM
Hi, no support, I separated from the childrenÂ’s mum a couple of years ago, she never ever supported me or understood what I was going through, I was just being moody or antisocial etc etc, I am currently on 40mg citalopram, 200mg lamotrigine and 25mg quetiapine daily, some days I donÂ’t even want to go out let alone go to work

Thank you for your kind words

Suzi
28-07-19, 10:25 PM
No support? What about friends? Family?

Jaquaia
28-07-19, 10:33 PM
It might be worth checking if there's an Andy's Man Club in your area or getting in touch with your local Mind and see what support they can offer you

OldMike
29-07-19, 08:45 AM
Hi SW welcome to DWD, it can take a while to get the correct meds, talking therapies can help too.

ayesha
29-07-19, 12:04 PM
hey I'm ayesha.

nice to meet you. hope you like the site

I like it myself

Sw867
29-07-19, 05:54 PM
No support? What about friends? Family?

I don’t talk with family about my issues, I found it a lot easier talking to my psychiatrist than my family but they only give you an allotted time and mind there is such a waiting list

Suzi
29-07-19, 07:08 PM
Can I ask why you don't talk to your friends and family about them?