PDA

View Full Version : hi

ayesha
21-07-19, 07:33 AM
I'm ayesha and it's lovely to meet everyone here

I live at home with my full time carer. she looks after me because I have physical problems with my lower body and she needs to help me with daily tasks. I am also in a wheelchair and have seizures, so I need to be closely watched

I won't go in to much about the issues I face, but some of them are really embarrassing (I can't use the toilet being the main one)

I joined this site because I wanted a place to share my day to day activities and connect with people that care and will listen to me

also I am 23 (only), and this is basically my life and it's something I've never got used too. I miss out on so many things every day, and though my carer does a great job (even though sometimes she's up all night with me), it will be nice to do things without her- I do, I play on my amazon alexa and go on the computer (I am up before her today)

but other stuff. like be more indipendent

ayesha

Jaquaia
21-07-19, 09:01 AM
Hi and welcome! You will always find a friendly ear here :)

OldMike
21-07-19, 09:33 AM
Hi Aeshya (hi) welcome to DWD, I'm sure you'll find this a very friendly place :)

Suzi
21-07-19, 09:47 AM
Hi and welcome Ayesha! Have you always had these physical issues? Do you get out to meet up with people your own age at all? Do you have friends? Family support?

Paula
21-07-19, 10:41 AM
Hi and welcome Ayesha. What a beautiful name :). There are a few of us here (inc me) with physical disabilities as well as affected by depression, so I hope that’ll help you feel part of our family real soon

ayesha
21-07-19, 01:55 PM
hi,

thanks all so much for the welcome!. I must admit when I registered I thought it might take a few days for some replies

where to I start...

thank you for the welcome, old mike. it's much apreciated

paula...... at the end of this month I am going to see where jane austen wrote pride and predjudice and honestly I can't wait. it will be fun!

thanks jaquia for the welcome

no family, suzy, and not really any friends. rachel tries to take me out places that are wheelchair accessible and fun, but sometimes it is difficult (maybe with how I am feeling). on bad pain days, or if I'm having a lot of seizures, we usually stay at home and play a game or do some crafts.

Jaquaia
21-07-19, 02:16 PM
Oooh! I'd love to see where she wrote it, it's one of my favourite books!!!

What crafts do you do?

Suzi
21-07-19, 03:16 PM
Another Jane Austin fan!
Do you have any options for things like day centres? - Fun ones I mean? So is Rachel your companion as well as carer? Do you find things which trigger your seizures?

ayesha
21-07-19, 04:33 PM
jaquia,

I make cards for people

recently someone who lives next door to me started her new life in thailand, and I did her a card with pictures of thailand and also some pictures of the local area (with rachel's help, of course!)

I also like making games. we just finished making a homemade snakes and ladders board (with questions when you land on the ladders). I love board games, especially if they involve trivia (I love trivia)

magie06
21-07-19, 06:06 PM
Hi, just popping in to say hello and welcome. I love nearly all sorts of crafts too. I go to my daughter's school every Friday and do a craft with the 2 junior classes, ages 4 - 7, and I love it. Sometimes it's a lot of cutting out, but it's so worth it. Last near there was 26 in junior infants and 29 in senior infants. The kids love the crafts that 'do' something like the spider we made that went up and down the web, and the sail boat that actually floated on water, or the kite that actually flew.
Look at me whittering on, when I just came in to say hello.

ayesha
21-07-19, 08:07 PM
magie, thanks so much for the welcome

and honestly don't worry about going on. I'm guilty of that at times

magie06
22-07-19, 02:31 PM
How has today been so far?

ayesha
22-07-19, 04:02 PM
it's been......,. quiet

I have litirally accomplished nothing today

I mean on the plus side rachel hason't had to keep such a close eye on me, but still today's been quite boring with nothing in the skedule

Paula
22-07-19, 04:22 PM
I’d say that Rachel not needing to keep such a close idea on you is a pretty big achievement for today!

Suzi
22-07-19, 04:42 PM
I agree!

Mira
22-07-19, 04:43 PM
Hello. Sorry for being a bit late with my welcome. But it is nice to meet you.

ayesha
23-07-19, 07:38 AM
hey mira,

it's nice to meet you (nice name, by the way)

so far this site is good. I like it

Suzi
23-07-19, 07:48 AM
Glad you like what we do ;)