PDA

View Full Version : New to reaching out!

Dew
17-07-19, 07:04 AM
Good morning everyone

Have woken up with the worst anxiety and have ended up cancelling most of work already , so to reach out to you guys took a lot of strength. I’ve been having a really rough year and decided a few weeks ago after feeling particularly bad to go to the doctors. I am now on sertraline (which hasn’t made any difference just yet) propananol and have been referrered to cbt.

I got this website from the mental health practitioner and was having a little read yesterday and thought I would share this morning seeing as I’ve woken up feeling like this .

Look forward to hearing from anyone xxx

Mira
17-07-19, 07:08 AM
Good morning Dew. Nice to meet you. I know what you mean about having such anxiety. But you made a great step forward in seeking help. The meds take a time to take effect so stick with it.

This is a friendly caring place where its ok to be yourself. For me its one of the only places to share whats going on with me and how I am truly feeling. In a safe inviroment.

I hope that you will feel better during the day.

Suzi
17-07-19, 07:17 AM
Hey Dew! Welcome to DWD! I'm so glad you've found your way here and that you have already seen your Dr. Meds take anything up to 8 weeks to get into your system.
Are you eating and drinking properly and getting any exercise?

Jaquaia
17-07-19, 09:56 AM
Hi and welcome! I was on propranolol and it really helped me deal with the physical symptoms, hopefully you will find that too.

Paula
17-07-19, 10:42 AM
Hi Dew and welcome (hi). Well done for getting to your doctors - it’s a hugely important first step. And I’m so glad you’ve reached out to us - this really is a hugely welcoming community and support from people who understand where you’re coming from is massively important.

magie06
17-07-19, 10:44 AM
Hi and welcome. Please don't give up on the meds yet. They take a while to work, not like pain killers or antibiotics. Have a look around and looking forward to getting to know you better.

OldMike
17-07-19, 02:34 PM
Hi Dew welcome to DWD, I'm sure you'll find this a very friendly and supportive community.