PDA

View Full Version : Samaritans

Suzi
22-02-12, 07:47 AM
Below is contact info for the Samaritans.

http://www.samaritans.org

08457 90 90 90 in the UK and Northern Ireland

1850 60 90 90 in the Republic of Ireland

Text Samaritans on 07725 90 90 90 (UK) or 0872 60 90 90 (Republic of Ireland)

jo@samaritans.org

Chris,
P.O. Box 90 90,
Stirling,
FK8 2SA

To find your local branch:

http://www.samaritans.org/talk_to_someone/find_my_local_branch.aspx

purplefan
01-11-13, 12:54 PM
Thanks suzi.
I use them a lot. You can phone them at 3am and they wont be angry with you.
Got my pone bill in today. For the last 3 month no one has called me on it.
There was a time when i was working that it never stopped ringing.

Suzi
01-11-13, 02:40 PM
On the spin, have you called many people?

purplefan
01-11-13, 03:49 PM
Apart from my son. No one
A quote from ajaxkm: a new member.
Football fans like pub mates suck big time. When things are going well they are all over you.
When things are not so good; then your alone.

Suzi
01-11-13, 03:54 PM
OK We need to get you out and about. You are a wonderful person with a fabulous sense of humour and you should share it! So.. What things do you like? I know you have an interest in things like the paranormal - could you find a group and get out there?

purplefan
01-11-13, 04:36 PM
No i think your wrong. I don't have an interest in the paranormal. I like Paranormal witness but that's it.
My main interests are Local history and football. But i do that on my own. I just don't feel comfortable in a large crowd.
I like taking chloe out for a walk. I find even having sunday lunch with my family a problem.
I am looking for a new house. Planning to leave London ASAP.

Suzi
01-11-13, 05:05 PM
Sorry misunderstood..

Have you ever thought of taking Chloe to a toddlers group or similar? Just once a week or so?
Where abouts are you looking? Still Cornwall?

purplefan
01-11-13, 05:14 PM
well there is a lady i meet sometimes up chrisp street, she runs the local toddlers club.
I quite like chatting to her. Yes it is a possibility. I am also starting a computer club at my volunteer place.
I just got my clearance from the Police check to be a volunteer driver.

Suzi
01-11-13, 05:18 PM
Those are all so brilliant! Which market do you run your stall on?

purplefan
03-11-13, 02:07 PM
I have a couple but brick lane on a sunday.

Jarre
03-11-13, 09:24 PM
Just a little thing about the Samaritans it celebrated its 60th Aniversary yesterday. It started in 1953 by Dr Chad Vara who was a Viccar in Lincoln before he moved down to London and started the charity and was the worlds first telephone helpline. On average today just the Lincoln Samaritans office fielded 16.4k calls in a year and is always availiable 24/7 That works out at 44 calls a day to the Lincoln office alone.

purplefan
03-11-13, 10:59 PM
WOW! Without the Samaritans i would not be here today.
Thank you Dr. Chad Vara

Suzi
03-11-13, 11:05 PM
An amazing charity..

purplefan
16-11-13, 07:59 AM
Been using them a lot lately.
Not that i'm complaining but i would rather their number was a free phone number.
I'm sure the government could subsidize them a little?

Angie
16-11-13, 09:48 AM
With the cutbacks the goverment is making charities are going to be hit aswell, and with people tightening their belts they are getting less and less money.

Suzi
16-11-13, 10:56 AM
I've always thought that it should be a freephone number. BT make enough money to pay £930 million to be able to show football games on their vision sport channels, so why can't they make it free?

Angie
16-11-13, 11:28 AM
Bt being Bt wont think of helping if they can get away with it

Pen
16-11-13, 12:07 PM
Its a little known fact but there is a free phone number and I have it. I don't want to post it on here openly as I don't think Samaritans can afford for the whole world to know about it but if you message me I will tell you it...

Suzi
16-11-13, 01:22 PM
Thanks Pen, that's really helpful x

shine
16-11-13, 06:50 PM
also what i have done in the past is look up the local branches phone number and called it and that way it is free if included in your phone price plan or cost of a local call. i called many times and on the phone for an hour at a time really can build up your bills. i pass my local branch everyday as i walk into work and i always think how amazing their volunteers are. there is a sign up outside their office saying they always try to be open to drop in from 8am.

purplefan
16-11-13, 07:10 PM
With the cutbacks the goverment is making charities are going to be hit aswell, and with people tightening their belts they are getting less and less money.
They managed to find £6,000,00 for the Philippines.
Why not a charity who saves lives every day?

purplefan
16-11-13, 07:12 PM
also what i have done in the past is look up the local branches phone number and called it and that way it is free if included in your phone price plan or cost of a local call. i called many times and on the phone for an hour at a time really can build up your bills. i pass my local branch everyday as i walk into work and i always think how amazing their volunteers are. there is a sign up outside their office saying they always try to be open to drop in from 8am.
I am just happy that we have them.
I just find i weird that we can always find money to kill people, Like in wars. But can't find any to save them.

purplefan
16-11-13, 07:13 PM
Its a little known fact but there is a free phone number and I have it. I don't want to post it on here openly as I don't think Samaritans can afford for the whole world to know about it but if you message me I will tell you it...

but what is the point of having a free number if they don't want people to use it?

Angie
16-11-13, 07:38 PM
Because they will be short of money to fund it so want it used as little as possible

EJ
16-11-13, 08:47 PM
I have found the freephone number easily on the net. NSPCC and Missing persons have freephone numbers too. It isn't a secret.

Suzi
16-11-13, 10:00 PM
I am just happy that we have them.
I just find i weird that we can always find money to kill people, Like in wars. But can't find any to save them.

So sad, but so true.

Amaya
17-11-13, 08:31 PM

It's not weird, it's the evil thing that everyone just accepts: Capitalism. & it (swear)(swear)(swear)(swear)es me off. Money to be made killing. No money to be made saving lives.

AjaxKM
17-11-13, 08:56 PM
Right on sister gives raised fist :) Im actualy really left wing but Cleggy banging on about a billion pounds worth of tax cuts why cut tax keep the tax at the same rate and stop 1 billion pounds worth of cuts or stop tax avoidance and stop all the cuts and give every person in the country a tax cut Grrrrrrr

Amaya
17-11-13, 09:02 PM
Right on sister gives raised fist :) Im actualy really left wing but Cleggy banging on about a billion pounds worth of tax cuts why cut tax keep the tax at the same rate and stop 1 billion pounds worth of cuts or stop tax avoidance and stop all the cuts and give every person in the country a tax cut Grrrrrrr

That's the first thing that's really made me smile all day. There should be a 'comrade smiley' with a fist like that! :D

AjaxKM
17-11-13, 09:29 PM
./fist bump

Trying hard
13-05-16, 08:33 PM
The number has changed now to a free number for both land and mobile phone

we launched a new UK helpline number, 116 123, which is free to call from within the UK and Ireland.
The new number replaces our old UK helpline number, 08457 90 90 90.