PDA

View Full Version : Pringles, splints and exercises

Suzi
07-01-19, 07:57 PM
Yup, new year so new thread! :)
Welcome to Pringles, splints and exercises....

So today I had the hand therapy appointment which I've been referred for 2ce and so it's taken about 2 years... They aren't sure, but she's pretty sure it'll come under nerve pain due to my neck or fibro.

I've new horrible wrist splints - been pimped and sparkled by Hazel which I have to wear at night and one test she did made the first finger on my left hand go into complete twitch which wouldn't stop until I "stretched and reset the nerve".
New exercises to be done 3 times a day and go back in a few weeks. She was lovely. The department was so hot I thought I was going to melt!

So my hands and wrists are really painful, so I'm logging in, going through the boards and logging out!

Paula
07-01-19, 08:32 PM
(panda) I’m sorry you’re so sore, love. Any chance you’re resting tomorrow?

Angie
07-01-19, 09:53 PM
(bear)

Suzi
08-01-19, 09:33 AM
Today is Mandatory Reconsideration day! I've to finish Marcs and a friend had a letter on 2nd Jan telling her that they've stopped her claim completely and backdating it, so that needs looking at and she can't do it herself.

Sleeping with splints on is really hard! I woke up about 8 times during the night and finally took them off at 445 this morning so I could get a complete hours sleep before I had to get up....

Paula
08-01-19, 09:40 AM
(panda)

Paula
08-01-19, 12:08 PM
How’s Marc dealing with the MR?

Jaquaia
08-01-19, 12:08 PM
(panda)

Strugglingmum
08-01-19, 01:50 PM
Ive no idea what a MR is but hope you get it sorted.....I fall apart with form filling.
Hope your hands are easier today. Maybe sleeping with splints will get easier as you get used to them???.
P.S..... who has the Pringles?????

Suzi
08-01-19, 03:33 PM
How’s Marc dealing with the MR?
Not very well. Didn't help the decision arrived just before Christmas and we have no external sources to back us up - he doesn't see a GP regularly as it's all automated prescriptions. No CMHT as he has to have a years break... We're hoping that someone from the CMHT will help back up what I'm saying, but we've got to wait and see..

Ive no idea what a MR is but hope you get it sorted.....I fall apart with form filling.
Hope your hands are easier today. Maybe sleeping with splints will get easier as you get used to them???.
P.S..... who has the Pringles?????
MR = Mandatory Reconsideration for benefit decisions.
Crash ate the pringles - actually he didn't because he's scared of the man on the pringles tubes... Ben ate them....
My hands are really rubbish today and doing loads of typing today didn't help, but had to be done. I'm going to rest them in a bit...

Paula
10-01-19, 09:51 AM
Hey, sweetheart, how’s Marc? How’s your hands?

Suzi
10-01-19, 10:36 AM
Marc's pretty low actually. It's a bit of a struggle atm.
Splints at night are still odd, but I'm getting used to them - although apparently I move my hands a lot at night as I've rubbed off most of the decorations that Hazel covered them in!!!!
However, my wrists and hands are now more achy in the morning. I'm doing my exercises though, so that's probably contributing.
I've got Fern's GCSE options next week! It just doesn't feel real.

I'm struggling with a few things atm and I'm feeling a little weighed down with it all itms?
I did the letter for the MR for a friend of ours on Tuesday and it was so hard. I've known her for almost 20 years but having to ask her about all the intimate stuff was so hard, as was hearing that the experimental surgery she had to rebuild discs in her neck is failing and she's pretty much lost most of the feeling below her neck and she knows she'll end up completely wheelchair bound due to the issues in her neck was so hard.... She's slipping fast and I can't fix it....

My Mum has heart issues and she was told last year that she had 18 months at best unless she has surgery. They have agreed to give her the surgery, but only if she fights and loses weight etc... So now she keeps telling everyone - including my sisters kids (who lost their dad and granddad within 3 months of each other 10 years ago) that she could be dead before last christmas, now before her birthday at the end of this month - same day as Ben. I've told her that she is not going to overshadow his 18th with that... But it's tough. She spends as much time as she can in bed and on Monday when I spoke to her at 11 she was still in her nighty and was 3/4 the way through a large packet of chocolate digestives...... Previously to that my little bro spoke to her and she was 1/2 way through a box of chocolates that she "had to have"... I just don't know what else I can do, but have my little sis and bro asking me to help motivate her and call her most days = which I do anyway, but haven't since Monday as I just haven't had the time...

There's no fix to anything that's up itms? I've decided to cancel F's eye test this evening as I'm just too low on spoons to take her....

Jaquaia
10-01-19, 11:39 AM
As hard as it is, if your mum won't help herself then there's not a lot any of you can do. Can you do rest today? (panda)

Mira
10-01-19, 12:56 PM
That is rough. But like Jaquaia said. If she does not help herself then all the other help won't make a big enough difference. But then saying all the things she is telling the kids is harsh too.

Dont know what else to say other then (bear)

Paula
10-01-19, 02:07 PM
Sweetheart, you can’t fix everything, no matter how incredibly awesome you are (panda). Thank you, though, for realising the eye test was a step too far

Suzi
10-01-19, 02:21 PM
Thanks everyone. I actually feel better getting it out of my head. I had a lovely surprise visit from Stella today who bought me a gift. She'd made me a box frame with a certificate that I am always right in it! It made me laugh so much.

Am pacing...

OldMike
10-01-19, 05:38 PM
(bear) (panda)

Strugglingmum
10-01-19, 05:56 PM
(panda)

Allalone
10-01-19, 06:27 PM
(panda)

Suzi
10-01-19, 10:28 PM
Thank you all x

Suzi
12-01-19, 08:23 PM
OK, am listening to my body and I've overdone it with my wrists today, so they are really sore and typing is really sore, so I'm off to do some self care... See you in the morning...

Allalone
12-01-19, 08:32 PM
Take care. (panda)

Paula
12-01-19, 08:51 PM
Good idea, sweetie. Take it easy (bear)

Angie
12-01-19, 09:25 PM
(bear)

Jaquaia
12-01-19, 09:31 PM
Hope you feel better tomorrow (panda)

Suzi
13-01-19, 11:30 AM
Hi peeps! Still sore, but am delegating! :)

Jaquaia
13-01-19, 11:39 AM
:o:o:o

Suzi
13-01-19, 12:07 PM
I know! H has done the dishwasher, B is hoovering, F is cleaning the bathroom. M is out with his mum walking the puppies and I'm doing the boards here and about to drive H to get some food colouring as she wants to make a rainbow cake...

Paula
13-01-19, 02:49 PM
I didn’t realise you even knew the D word! Well done, Lovely

OldMike
13-01-19, 04:20 PM
I didn’t realise you even knew the D word! Well done, Lovely

Ooooo I'm slow took a while to realise the D-word is Delegate not Damn ;)

Good for you Suzi letting others take the lead for once ;) rainbow cake sounds lovely (panda)

Suzi
13-01-19, 09:24 PM
The cake was delicious! Chocolate, raspberry and vanilla flavours! The colours didn't work as she wanted and she struggled with the fondant, by oh my it was delicious! :)
Going to take it easy again tonight, today's been a bit more full on than it was meant to...

Suzi
16-01-19, 06:47 PM
I've been beaten up by a trolley in Sainsburys today. As we were coming up the travelator the wheels locked and just stopped. Marc pushed into me and I pushed into the trolley bashing my ribs into the bit where you put your £1... I'm sore. My back was sore anyway but is worse. My ribs on the right are blinking sore, so am resting, but if it's still sore tomorrow and still swollen I'm going to head to the drs..

Paula
16-01-19, 06:58 PM
Oh crap. Please, please keep that promise re the drs .....

Jaquaia
16-01-19, 07:14 PM
Ouch! Make sure you take it easy!

Angie
16-01-19, 07:23 PM
I hope your feeling better tomorrow hurting your ribs is painful

OldMike
16-01-19, 08:10 PM
(bear) (panda)

Allalone
16-01-19, 09:32 PM
Take it easy Suzi and make sure you go and get checked out if you’re not right.(panda)

Suzi
16-01-19, 10:38 PM
Well I've been having an online chat with Sainsburys... They've just asked for a picture of my "injuries"... I've just had to reply that actually it is just under my breast and so I won't be sending photos of that area over FB messenger.... lol

Paula
16-01-19, 11:42 PM
The cheeky sods! Yet another reason to see the doctor, lovely

Jaquaia
17-01-19, 09:02 AM
How are you feeling today? (panda)

Suzi
17-01-19, 09:20 AM
It's a bit sore to touch, but nothing like it was yesterday and breathing is much less sore so I don't think I need to see a Dr - however if that changes I will go, I promise.

Suzi
28-01-19, 09:07 PM
I've been so busy today! Blitzing, cleaning, treadmilling, dealing with mess ups for A Level mocks *sigh* and am absolutely knackered... So I'm signing off early tonight. If anyone needs me, text, or smoke signals or something.....

Angie
28-01-19, 09:36 PM
Go and rest up babe xxx

Paula
28-01-19, 09:49 PM
Night, hunni

Jaquaia
28-01-19, 09:55 PM
Can you take it easy tomorrow? Or am i just being silly? ;)

Oh! Ristorante have started doing pizzas with quorn. Veggie though, not vegan. They're on offer in asda at the moment, £1.50

Strugglingmum
28-01-19, 10:00 PM
Go replenish those spoons. (panda)

Paula
29-01-19, 09:50 AM
Morning, lovely, what’s the plan for today?

Suzi
29-01-19, 10:41 AM
Thanks Jaq, H might like those, we're having pizza tonight anyway so I can see whether they've got them in Sainsbury's!

Rest? Well Marc started Methotrexate yesterday for alopecia and the vitiligo and the fact that he's really concerned that his immune system has attacked his hair, his skin and nails and he's concerned as to what's going to be next. He started with anxiety last night as soon as he went to take it so today he's pretty much out of action.

So far I've got the kids to school. This is Mock week for B, today is Tudors this morning and cold war this afternoon... He was in a state yesterday and isn't feeling the love today.
H finishes as 3, F at 4, B at somewhere between 438 and 520ish, then H has to be in town at costa for 5 to meet her mentor, so I have to hang around in town for an hour - hence shopping..

I need to get on a treadmill and do some washing and speak to my mum. Hoovering can wait till tomorrow...

Jaquaia
29-01-19, 11:08 AM
Do you actually need to get on the treadmill?

What is it you tell us about pacing and spoons and not pushing too hard? I can't remember...

OldMike
29-01-19, 01:55 PM
Don't know about a treadmill putting your feet up after all that dashing about is more on the cards, just saying ;)

Suzi
29-01-19, 03:30 PM
ROFL, yes I need to treadmill. It sounds stupid but it's 30 mins where it's just "me" itms? I also made a decision that I either shift this weight by diet and exercise or I'm going for surgery, and I don't fancy the surgery tbh...

So my day has consisted of getting the kids to school,
Getting Marc up,
Making breakfast and doing the dishwasher
Get Marc up,
Sort Birthday presents for B (18 on Thursday, I can't believe it!)
Sort presents for my Mum (also birthday on Thursday, but she won't be 18)
Talk to Marc about stuff in his head
Deal with texts from B who hadn't eaten breakfast as he is so stressed out about his mocks. So he finished 1 3 hour exam (History: Tudors - his most hated) to have the beginnings of a migraine, but wouldn't eat his mars bar or take the meds so I had to...
Go and get Ben,
Get something for lunch from Tesco for all of us
Eat lunch (hooray! Nice salad!)
Take B back to school after he'd eaten and medicated for his next 3 hr paper (History: The Cold War)
Treadmill

In all of this I'm still trying to get hold of my mother who I haven't spoken to since last week!

I've still got to:

Get H at 3 and bring her home to change
Get F at 4 and bring her home to change
Get H to costa for 5 (she's meeting her mentor)
Go shopping for dinner
Maybe pick up F's new specs
Pick H up from Costa
Cook
Eat
sort school stuff - they will do it,
I think I'm going to sign out just before Silent Witness starts tonight!

Oh and we need to fit in Law: Criminal Law revision ready for the morning!

Paula
29-01-19, 03:41 PM
Can you and the kids not sit down and look at these lists to see what they can do without you?

Suzi
29-01-19, 08:07 PM
They've been brilliant actually and they are cooking dinner! Win!!!
So we're nearly at the home street, but will still be logging out at about 9 ;)

Jaquaia
30-01-19, 12:09 PM
How is today looking for resting?

Suzi
30-01-19, 01:31 PM
Much better! Have been busy, but sat down busy itms?

Jaquaia
30-01-19, 01:43 PM
Sat down busy is better than rushing around like a blue-arsed fly busy (panda)

Suzi
30-01-19, 03:15 PM
It is!

Is it strange that I'm rather enjoying my treadmill? It's a challenge and yet it's also really god to take some time out for me....

Paula
30-01-19, 03:27 PM
A little bit strange lol ;)

Suzi
30-01-19, 03:46 PM
I know, I've even bought some proper air cushioned trainers as instructed by my little bro who used to be a personal trainer and his wife who's a physio!

Suzi
10-02-19, 09:38 PM
Sooooooo.... we have a new (foster) puppy. She's meant to be 2 but we're very sure she isn't... She's had a really hard time having been shot 11 times and rescued. Her name is currently Alice which doesn't suit her at all and she has no recognition of it at all! So we're giving her a couple of days and giving her a new name because I'm quite sure that she won't be leaving us! :)

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/51887648_10155990153056179_4484683960038719488_n.j pg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=c4f86a6b49b9b0b58ac1cf2522f5d19d&oe=5CB30D37

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/51704636_10155990153041179_2912640197860524032_n.j pg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=f82eab7bf81b512e18efa9ab1180d367&oe=5CE4DF8B

Angie
10-02-19, 09:45 PM
She is gorgeous and yup can definitely see she wont be leaving, she does look wary but calm there itms ?

Suzi
10-02-19, 09:53 PM
She's been pretty much on that bed and snuggled since she arrived. We had to make her go out for a wee and a poop, but she came straight in and went straight to the bed again. She's had something to eat and something to drink. She's moving further out of the corner and towards us more. She seems to love music and is looking around more... Early signs are good!

Angie
10-02-19, 10:00 PM
Sounds really positive with her

Paula
10-02-19, 10:21 PM
She is beautiful. I’m so glad she’s found safety in you x

Suzi
10-02-19, 11:25 PM
Thank you...

Jaquaia
11-02-19, 11:44 AM
You're an amazing person

Paula
11-02-19, 11:46 AM
How is she today?

OldMike
11-02-19, 12:57 PM
She's beautiful any thoughts of a name for her yet? How's she getting on with your other dogs?

Paula
11-02-19, 01:53 PM
She looks like a coco to me ;)

Suzi
11-02-19, 03:09 PM
She's literally just beginning to look around more, she's eating which is brilliant.
Crash went over to her last night and she barked at him! He jumped and ran to me and hid lol He's desperate to go and play with her but isn't sure lol

Paula
11-02-19, 06:39 PM
Oh poor lad - Luna was so good natured but every now and then she put Polo in his place. That’s not always a bad thing (for canines or humans ;))

Suzi
11-02-19, 09:04 PM
(rofl) It's definitely not a bad thing....

Paula
13-02-19, 10:36 AM
How are you doing, lovely? And how’s ‘Coco’ (how many times do I have to say it before it sticks? ;))

Suzi
13-02-19, 01:09 PM
Sorry, "Coco" was vetoed.... Her name is........ Willow. (I wanted Frieda, but got outvoted). I'm exhausted tbh. Pretty much running on empty. Willow is getting braver... little by little.

Strugglingmum
13-02-19, 01:13 PM
(panda) sending hugs.
Can you rest? Do something nice?

magie06
13-02-19, 01:23 PM
How do you intend of saving spoons?

Paula
13-02-19, 03:07 PM
Pah! Did I not get a vote??? ;)

I hope, sweetie, you’re resting today ......?

Suzi
13-02-19, 03:12 PM
We've done a little shopping for something for tea tonight (soup and bread and ham and cheese and salad). I'm taking things as easy as I can....

Suzi
13-03-19, 06:50 PM
OK time to update..

~ Things have been a mess since last Wednesday when B had some news about his A Level media coursework. He (and the other students) now have 2 weeks to redo their coursework as they have been taught completely wrong and none of them met the brief.......

~ Found out today that one of my oldest friends who is awesome has just been given a really horrible diagnosis by letter following her most recent MRI

~ I went for my blood test today and it hurt! She never hurts, but she had to "dig down really deeply to find a vein" and then Marc had to take the tape off! Ouch!

~ I was meant to have an ECG, but I was lying there half naked and the machine didn't work. So I have to go back at some point for that.

~ However my blood pressure was lower with the new meds.

~ It's F's birthday on Friday and I'd forgotten that she was having a sleepover on Saturday night lol

Paula
13-03-19, 07:02 PM
By letter??? That’s awful! :(

How’s B doing?

Yay for lower BP, I know how relieved I felt when that happened :)

Any chance of resting anytime this century?

Jaquaia
13-03-19, 07:15 PM
By letter is awful!!!!

Paula, more like next century (giggle)

Strugglingmum
13-03-19, 07:20 PM
(panda)
What a lot of crappy things going on. X

OldMike
13-03-19, 10:37 PM
It's good you're BP is down, last time I had an ECG the electrodes kept dropping off.

How's Ben doing has he decided what he needs to do for his media presentation?

I'll just leave these here (bear) (panda)

Suzi
13-03-19, 10:44 PM
By letter??? That’s awful! :(

How’s B doing?

Yay for lower BP, I know how relieved I felt when that happened :)

Any chance of resting anytime this century?

Actually to make it worse it wasn't even a proper letter it was an MRI report..... most of which she hasn't understood so has spent the day googling.....
It was nice to be told something was going in the right direction, after all I had my dietician's appointment yesterday who asked me to stand on scales then said "Do you know where I calculate a healthy bmi for you?" So I need to lose a huge amount.... :( But she wants it down slowly and carefully.....

Shh, tomorrow is meant to be my allocated rest day - I have treadmilling and peaky blinders planned.....

By letter is awful!!!!

Paula, more like next century (giggle)
Oi Cheeky!

(panda)
What a lot of crappy things going on. X
Yup, but it is what it is and I will push through.... just need to shift this headache! :) <<---- Look, positivity even though everything around me seems a big bit sh*t! :)

Jaquaia
13-03-19, 11:35 PM
(angel)

I still have to lose about half my body weight so you're not alone (panda)

Paula
14-03-19, 09:15 AM
Morning, gorgeous, how are you?

Suzi
14-03-19, 11:34 AM
Morning... Am very tired. Have to take F to the drs, then planning a bit of a nap!

Strugglingmum
14-03-19, 11:37 AM
(panda)

Mira
14-03-19, 11:55 AM
One of the best things about losing weight is that the pace is yours. Go fast, go slow. Take a break. After a bad day the next will be ok again.

I hope your nap will be good.

Paula
14-03-19, 12:02 PM
Hope Drs goes ok. And that you really have that nap ....

Suzi
14-03-19, 05:27 PM
Lol, dr's was OK. She has to have a blood test, so we booked that for next week.

No treadmill as I've broken a couple of toes! Stupidly I went to get some kinseo tape for my left foot that's been a bit grumbly with the weather changes and I wanted to get onto my treadmill. As I was coming out clutching my rainbow kinseo tape I slipped on a carrier bag and smashed my right foot into the metal insert bits of the wheels of Eva (my off road walker) and felt and heard my little toe and the one next to it snap and they've turned a lovely mottled purple colour! So... I've kinseo'd them too. I haven't gone to the walk in centre as last time I broke my metatarsal and toe (left foot hence the grumble in this weather) I was offered a fracture boot, but the nurse agreed that as "you're more than wobbly as it is on your feet" she decided that having unequal foot heights "probably won't do you any favours and you'll only end up as an inpatient with much worse injuries" so we discussed options and she agreed the kinseo tape would be best.

Then next door was having CCTV fitted which has meant them drilling both back and front ALL afternoon! My head is banging! So no nap either!

Jaquaia
14-03-19, 05:33 PM
Ouch!!!! I have bubble wrap if you need it??? Feet up at least??

OldMike
14-03-19, 05:50 PM
Had to look up kinesio tape had assumed it was duct tape but no it's for medical applications (why am I saying this of course you know what it is ;) ) hope you're sitting with your feet up and the drilling next door has stopped. (bear) (panda)

Suzi
14-03-19, 07:19 PM
Yes feet are up and very rainbow taped!

Paula
14-03-19, 08:20 PM
Oh no! Please let your lot run around after you (bear)

Suzi
14-03-19, 11:33 PM
Was all going well, girls and I were cooking pizza and then another house few doors down has just been burgled! 2 in just over a week! The most we've ever known here is a party go on late and loud one night when we first moved in and we had people apologising to us!
But the men from Amazon turned up with all Fern's pressies so we're all ready for her tomorrow! My baby will be 14 already!

Paula
15-03-19, 08:23 AM
Oh no :( that’s awful! How are the kids coping with it? Any concerns from them?

Suzi
15-03-19, 08:59 AM
Kids are a bit concerned, but to be honest we've been encouraging Crash to bark at anything and everything and he's getting rather good at it! :)

Fern's pressies arrived and she loved them all!

Paula
16-03-19, 10:20 AM
Morning, lovely, how’s things?

Suzi
16-03-19, 01:46 PM
Well, be proud... I went shopping with Fern to get the bits she wanted for her sleepover party tonight and to post the forms for Marc's pip tribunal. It was the easier option as I set Marc, Haz and Ben cleaning the house! They've done brilliantly!
So, I've sat down to drink my mocha and check in , then I'm going to make some brownies and some chocolate fudge pudding which she wanted as her birthday cake!
Then it should be pretty simple until I cook dinner - apparently they wanted to go "old school" and have dippers and chips and sweetcorn because one of F's friends is from Romania and she was amazed by tinned sweetcorn when she arrived so now every time she comes over and birthday and christmases she gets a tin of sweetcorn from F!
Her 2 friends arrive around 3 and we shall be evicted from downstairs at about 9 and then I'm making pancakes in the morning for breakfast as D didn't get any pancakes this year and Fern promised her I would! lol

So yes, I'm hurting like hell, worse than in a long time actually.. but I am being sensible. I'm not cleaning, not hoovering, and I'm using my mixer to make the brownies and fudge pudding!

Paula
16-03-19, 05:22 PM
I am proud. I know you’d have wanted to bake F what she wanted so keeping spoons for that is awesome! Hope they all have fun tonight :)

OldMike
16-03-19, 07:11 PM
Brownies and choc fudge pud sounds delicious, I'm sure a good time will be had by all (party)

Suzi
16-03-19, 08:53 PM
Well the choc fudge cake exploded covering the entire oven and shelves and doors in thick fudge sauce... I've dropped almost everything I've touched! Marc's cleaned the oven and Ben has been picking things up for me all day.. Oh and Marc gave Crash (and Moiya and Willow) a bone last night and he's been repeatedly sick this afternoon... So no more bones. And it was when Marc popped out so I had to get to the floor to clean it!
So am signing out from my laptop very soon as we are going to eat and go upstairs to leave the girls to it!

Mira
16-03-19, 08:55 PM
Sounds like a busy event all day long. But a loving and caring troop around you (bear)

Paula
16-03-19, 08:57 PM
Oh no! I so hope you’re planning an easy day tomorrow (panda)

Suzi
16-03-19, 10:19 PM
Most definitely! We are relegated to our room (awesome!!!!) And the girls are sorted.

Paula
17-03-19, 07:08 PM
How are you doing?

Suzi
17-03-19, 07:36 PM
Walking through really sticky overly reduced treacle..... However, have done the basics. Dropped the girls into town so they could go shopping and dyed my hair as it's been getting to me. Am cooking overly healthy dinner for me as I really feel I need it itms? A couple of days off the diet wagon and I feel I NEED to get back on...
Am also having fun eyeing up bits of fabric and stuff to play with my new (to me) sewing machine!

Paula
17-03-19, 08:19 PM
Damn that treacle :( Well done for doing the basics and a little self care too. Easy day tomorrow?

Suzi
17-03-19, 10:22 PM
I have plans for tomorrow. It involves taking the kids to school, walking on my treadmill, a GOT episode or 2 with Marc and playing with my sewing machine! :)

OldMike
17-03-19, 11:05 PM
Playing with a sewing machine sounds like fun is it like my mum's where you turned a handle or is it one of these here new fangled machines with all the bells and whistles?

Suzi
18-03-19, 10:06 AM
It's an electric one, but with really simple buttons! THIS (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PFAFF-Tripmatic-1027sewing-machine-Spares-Or-Repair/132981677364?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649) is mine!

Paula
18-03-19, 10:58 AM
How’s things?

Suzi
18-03-19, 02:29 PM
Today's plan has changed.. I was sat talking to Marc about broadband options and (unsurprisingly) I fell asleep... So we have had lunch and are watching GOT....

Jaquaia
18-03-19, 02:42 PM
GoT is definitely the better plan ;)

Suzi
18-03-19, 02:43 PM
Yup! That's what we thought too!

Paula
18-03-19, 07:51 PM
Yay! Resting! :)

Suzi
18-03-19, 09:49 PM
Well, I'm signing out earlier tonight!
Fern's had an allergic reaction to the booster jabs she had on her birthday. She always has an allergic reaction, but they normally go down in 48 hours. This one is still so hot you can feel it through her blazer! No appointments at out GP or practise nurse. So we called 111 who said she had to be seen within 12 hours and I had to check on her every 2 hours over night.. So we went over to the out of ours appointment they had made at 7pm to wait 20 mins to be called in and told "there is no infection just give calpol and nurofen"
So I'll just keep an eye on her and see how she is over the next couple of days...

Paula
18-03-19, 09:52 PM
(panda) gentle ((hugs)) for Fern

Suzi
18-03-19, 10:20 PM
Thank you! I passed them on to her!

Paula
20-03-19, 05:32 PM
How’s our Ferny?

OldMike
20-03-19, 05:44 PM
Hope Fern soon gets over the allergic reaction to her booster jabs.

Strugglingmum
20-03-19, 06:49 PM
Ooooo. Sounds painful. Plenty of cool compress. Xx

Suzi
20-03-19, 09:15 PM
She seems to be on the mend at last! She didn't stop chatting to her friend who we gave a lift home earlier!

Paula
21-03-19, 09:36 AM
Morning :)

Suzi
21-03-19, 11:23 AM
Morning!
Hand therapy this morning...
Feel like I could sleep for a week or so!

Jaquaia
21-03-19, 12:21 PM
Rest afterwards?

Suzi
21-03-19, 02:36 PM
Hand therapy are sending me back to MSK triage. She thinks it's nerve damage either through my neck or shoulders, but she's pretty sure it's my neck. She thinks I need ultra sounding and another nerve conductivity test. Am feeling a bit (swear)(swear)(swear)(swear) tbh. I thought that a few exercises would make it all better. It hasn't. Oh well, who knows, maybe the next dude will be able to help................

Rest? Erm sort of. Marc's Mum had to go out so we have her 3 dogs here as well as ours - It's highly amusing watching Marc try to order some CCTV cameras - after the last couple of burglaries here we want to be safe - and it currently means one of us being here with the kids as the girls aren't comfortable as things are.
But we're going to try to get in a GOT episode! We've made it to season 6!

Jaquaia
21-03-19, 02:37 PM
Oooh!!!! Episode 9 is a corker!!!

(panda) hope they get somewhere

Paula
21-03-19, 04:53 PM
The next dude had better help, or I might start getting bolshy ......

Suzi
21-03-19, 05:38 PM
Next dude is likely to be the dude I saw first in MSK whose answer was "well it's not mechanical there's nothing I can do"... So I'll just be left as it is now...

Paula
21-03-19, 05:54 PM
Can I come to the next appointment?? (giggle)

Suzi
21-03-19, 07:02 PM
Hell yeah! Mr something-somebody-stuck-so-far-up-his-own-arse would love to meet you.. I'm sure.

Paula
21-03-19, 08:53 PM
(rofl)