PDA

View Full Version : 2019

Arty
03-01-19, 04:46 PM
Hello,
Time for a new thread (nod) Well, the estate agent has been instructed! We have looked at 2 properties so far. I feel a bit emotional/weary with it this afternoon. The job thoughts are returning but I have battled them off with a nice cuppa and a few chocolate biscuits. I used a lot of spoons getting the house ready for the estate agent photos this morning, and of course it is the school holidays. Thankfully I have a quiet evening ahead, watching some Netflix. Hope you’re all ok x

Paula
03-01-19, 05:10 PM
Well done, that’s an awesome day!

Suzi
03-01-19, 06:49 PM
Well done lovely! I'm pleased that you aren't listening to the job thoughts. You have far more important things to work on first...

Paula
10-01-19, 08:52 AM
Hi, hun! How’s things?

Arty
10-01-19, 04:06 PM
Thanks for asking Paula. Last weekend I really struggled (girls back with their Dad after Xmas hols) but I kept myself busy.i did end up phoning the Crisis team Monday morning (the guy I spoke to was brilliant) and had my counsellor appt. Since then my mood has steadily improved. I have decided that I really DO thrive on routine & find Christmas very hard work mentally! So far, there have been 3 viewings of my house and I have seen 3 potential houses. 1 of them was horrendous! The other 2 were ok but not the one. I am proud of the fact that this week I have had the boiler serviced, EPC report has been done and electrical work on the lights in the kitchen completed. I am on top of the housework, done some work for the gent I look after & am helping at the pottery studio too. We have another house to view on Saturday at 2pm. X

Paula
10-01-19, 07:02 PM
Everything about that post was awesome! Even the bit about struggling cos you used your coping mechanisms and got through it :)

Suzi
10-01-19, 09:31 PM
I completely agree! Such a brilliant post!!!

Arty
14-01-19, 01:19 PM
Hi, it has been a very busy few days/weekend. The girls are with their Dad tonight. This afternoon I am catching up with ‘Call the Midwife’ and ‘Les Miserables’ whilst doing some crochet. I will go and spend some time with my Mum this evening. Everything is going through my head atm so I am trying to take it easy. X

Paula
14-01-19, 01:44 PM
That’s really good to hear. You seem to be getting the hang of this being kind to you lark ;). Hope your mum’s ok, hunni

Suzi
14-01-19, 04:12 PM
So pleased for you! Well done lovely!

Arty
17-01-19, 02:47 PM
I’m making some crocheted heart key rings at the moment (nod) Our house has been viewed 5 times now. It is starting to sink in that we will be moving sometime in the near future. I am looking forward to having a much smaller garden than I currently have. I have very little interest in gardening (I am more into my arts and crafts as you know!)LOL. It will be fun putting all our things into the new place. One thing I am definitely buying is a new bed! I had a review/chat with the Positive Steps lady yesterday. She was really understanding & helpful. I have signed up to their stress management course, starting on 25th. My eldest goes skiing with the school that day too! Xx

Suzi
17-01-19, 02:49 PM
That all sounds really positive!

Paula
17-01-19, 05:39 PM
How old is your eldest? Has he been before?

Arty
17-01-19, 06:00 PM
I have 2 girls, the eldest is 13. No, she hasn’t been before but she has been on a dry ski slope to practice x

Paula
17-01-19, 08:39 PM
Sorry, my spell check is always dropping the ‘s’ (blush)

Arty
20-01-19, 05:56 PM
Hi, I have done a lot this weekend. I don’t know if anyone else finds this but late nights really affect my MH. People know that I like to go to bed early but there is a reason for this - I always have a better day the next day if I am settled by 9:30/10. My youngest daughter is going to be in a concert on 9th Feb, this will be the first time that I will be in a setting where my ex and his fiancée will be in the same room. I know that this will be inevitable in the future but I am not liking the idea one little bit !!!!!!:@

Paula
20-01-19, 06:53 PM
It does take time to get through that. I was pregnant with my youngest, living with my now husband, when he met his now wife. Still, I found it tough.... it took a long while to process that she meant more to him than I ever had. All I can suggest is you have some decent chocolate at home to polish off after the concert, and try to keep the next day as free and gentle a day as possible.

Arty
20-01-19, 07:34 PM
Thank-you Paula (inlove) that is really good advice. I will have my eldest daughter there, as well as my Mum and Pen and I intend to have my head held high!X

Suzi
20-01-19, 07:48 PM
There's no reason for your head to be anything other than held up high... I think Paula's suggestion is a brilliant one.

Arty
31-01-19, 07:29 PM
Hello,
Just wanted to say ‘hi’. I’ve had quite a few viewings (and one stupidly low offer which I didn’t accept) I have felt really emotional for the last day or so but it seems to have passed now thankfully. I always benefit from a good cry!
Looking forward to seeing my daughter tomorrow (she returns from her ski trip)x

Suzi
31-01-19, 09:46 PM
Hope she's had a brilliant time! I think it's totally expected to feel a bit sad about moving...

Paula
31-01-19, 10:16 PM
Hope she had fun!