View Full Version : Breathing a sigh of relief *SH, SU triggers*

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Mira
06-02-19, 01:01 PM
Thats so rough (bear)

Suzi
06-02-19, 03:41 PM
Oh hunni I'm so, so, so sorry!

Surely there is a space you can have? It seems beyond ridiculous! Why is it affecting your friends health picking you up?
I'm sorry lovely x

Paula
06-02-19, 04:16 PM
My friend has had 7 foot surgeries in 10 years and he most recent (1 year ago) just isn’t healing properly. There is no space, they’re needed for patients.

They had asked if I was able to do a shorter walk that involved ‘two short flights of (staff) stairs’, I wont tell you Si’s response, it’d only get bleeped anyway lol

Paula
06-02-19, 10:57 PM
I’ve been struggling with this all day. When I was talking to my friend earlier, I was asked that, if the volunteer with MS managed to get in, why couldn’t I. It was then suggested I could use a mobility scooter and when I said it couldn’t lift it out of the car because of my hand, she told me I should get a hoist. I feel betrayed - which seems an overreaction but it’s how I feel right now

Allalone
06-02-19, 11:21 PM
Oh Paula. I’m so sorry to hear what’s happened. I’m not surprised you feel like that. Sending love and hugs.
(panda)

Paula
07-02-19, 08:55 AM
Ok, woke up this morning determined to stop being a moaning myrtle and feeling sorry for myself.

Suzi
07-02-19, 09:36 AM
My friend has had 7 foot surgeries in 10 years and he most recent (1 year ago) just isn’t healing properly. There is no space, they’re needed for patients.

They had asked if I was able to do a shorter walk that involved ‘two short flights of (staff) stairs’, I wont tell you Si’s response, it’d only get bleeped anyway lol
WTF? Seriously? Hell yeah, dance up those stairs! Go twinkle toes.... I don't see why you can't, after all it's not as if you are in horrific pain and having to use crutches as you can't use that leg etc..... Oh yeah, wait a minute.....

I’ve been struggling with this all day. When I was talking to my friend earlier, I was asked that, if the volunteer with MS managed to get in, why couldn’t I. It was then suggested I could use a mobility scooter and when I said it couldn’t lift it out of the car because of my hand, she told me I should get a hoist. I feel betrayed - which seems an overreaction but it’s how I feel right now
Your friend said this? I'd feel really hurt too... Maybe you could look into a hoist, but there are ways of saying it and not making it sound so accusing....

Ok, woke up this morning determined to stop being a moaning myrtle and feeling sorry for myself.
You, my darling, are never a moaning myrtle...

Jaquaia
07-02-19, 10:08 AM
Not an overreaction at all. Google is a wonderful thin and a quick look would tell her a little about CRPS

Paula
07-02-19, 11:07 AM
I couldn’t get a hoist now, anyway, as I’ve only got about 7 months until the car goes back to Motability. It’s something we do need to look at, but not yet, and certainly not for a voluntary job

Suzi
07-02-19, 01:17 PM
How are you feeling love?

Paula
07-02-19, 01:59 PM
I’m ok. Back’s sore so I can’t do much but Jess has a dentist appointment later so I need to go out for that. My hand always struggles more when my back is bad - probably because I’m putting weight differently on my crutches. My back does seem to be giving me gip more and more frequently so I might have to think about what to do (maybe see my osteopath more often, which is no hardship as he’s lovely ;))

Suzi
07-02-19, 02:26 PM
Is it worth trying to get an appointment to see him soon? So he can give your back a good going over?

Paula
07-02-19, 02:32 PM
I may do, but as I’m booking my dental appointment today, I think Si needs time to get over that first ;)

Suzi
07-02-19, 06:57 PM
lol... He'll just have to cope.. Princesses don't come cheaply you know!

Paula
07-02-19, 08:05 PM
He’s had a double blow - Jess is having veneers. She has a congenital condition which damages the enamel in her teeth https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amelogenesis_imperfecta. A few years ago we were told she’d need veneers but it wasn’t possible to do them before 21. But things change and Jess has asked if she can have them now and the dentist agreed. She needs to get one tooth straightened first as it reduces the chance of the veneer on that tooth failing. Obviously, it’s not cheap but I think it’s affecting her confidence.

Suzi
07-02-19, 09:06 PM
My friends little one has that...

Poor Si! His wallet must need CPR!

Allalone
07-02-19, 09:14 PM
Oh bless her. I think it would affect my daughters confidence.

Paula
07-02-19, 09:21 PM
My friends little one has that...

Poor Si! His wallet must need CPR!

He’s very grumpy tonight (giggle)

Suzi
08-02-19, 09:43 AM
(rofl) How's Si today? How are you? Resting?

Paula
08-02-19, 03:05 PM
Si’s resigned (giggle)

I’m ok, though climbing the walls lol. I thought about doing some cross stitch but don’t want to undo the good I’ve done for my back by taking it easy. So, that can wait til tomorrow. My oldest friend (by that I mean I’ve known her for 35 years) is 50 this year so I’ve been on the phone to her husband as he wants help organising her surprise (as ‘the one person who knows her as well as I do’ - he can flannel when he needs to (rofl). I’ve said I’d spend the weekend contemplating and speak to him next week - Pinterest here we come!

OldMike
08-02-19, 04:28 PM
It's good Si's wallet has had an airing those moths must be glad to see the light of day at long last (giggle)

Jean told me a joke at lunch club thought I'd share as it tickled my fancy.

A guy goes in to a baker's he's crimping the edge of the pies with a pair of false of false teeth.
The guy says "haven't you got a tool for that?"
The baker replies "yes, but I use that for the donuts."

Where's me hat 'n' coat :P

Suzi
08-02-19, 08:50 PM
Sounds like a fun weekend plotting!

Paula
11-02-19, 10:41 AM
I’ve just sent the results of my plotting to my friend’s husband. I don’t think he realised he was unleashing the monster (giggle)

Not feeling great today. For reasons I won’t bore you with, my CD prescription wasn’t done in time. So an urgent request went over to the GP Thursday afternoon and wasn’t ready by Friday. So I’ve had to ration my dose over the weekend (I normally have 2 twice a day so I took 2 in the morning and 1 in the evening) and haven’t had any this morning. The prescriptions ready at the GP but, because it’s a CD, they can’t fax it over to the pharmacy so I’m waiting for the van to come back from doing it’s rounds of surgeries.

Jaquaia
11-02-19, 10:42 AM
(panda) I know the faff my mum has with her CD tablets so you have my sympathy

Paula
11-02-19, 12:50 PM
Ah relief, the pharmacy got it ready early for me and it’s now kicked in ....... :).

Suzi
11-02-19, 02:05 PM
What a pita!

Hope you're resting now lovely...

Paula
11-02-19, 05:40 PM
Erm, does having a 3 hour manicure and pedicure session count?

Jaquaia
11-02-19, 05:53 PM
Sitting while you get pretty nails? I know it's tiring for you but I'd say so! A bit of pamper time is always good

Paula
11-02-19, 07:50 PM
The manicure is always great (and they’re so pretty :)) but I do really struggle with the pedicure. It’s a necessary evil as ingrowing toenails is the #1 cause of amputation in people with CRPS. Still, they do also look so pretty (inlove)

Suzi
11-02-19, 08:08 PM
I'm glad you're all glammed up! :)

Paula
12-02-19, 10:16 AM
I'm glad you're all glammed up! :)

Very, very glammed up :)

https://i.ibb.co/64xt8Xc/9-B1-F515-C-0308-4-C84-8428-D67-D6-C05-DB3-C.jpg (https://ibb.co/30qFvR5)
https://i.ibb.co/wrbycXB/8-CD5-E2-D4-D87-D-47-A9-A50-F-11-D316-C52-BA0.jpg (https://ibb.co/6JpYXxr)

Suzi
12-02-19, 10:59 AM
So pretty!

Paula
12-02-19, 07:10 PM
My mouth is really, really sore tonight. Bless him, Si cooked steak tonight and it didn’t help ..... First part of treatment isn’t happening until 13 March as my dentist only works Tuesday and Wednesday, the appt has to be at 9am to fit with my Pregabalin dose and I need Si with me (as I’d be dosed up with diazepam)

OldMike
12-02-19, 07:24 PM
I just have to ask what is a CD prescription (I'm a numpty at times) (giggle)

Edit: You really are a princess with nails like that :)

Paula
12-02-19, 07:26 PM
I just have to ask what is a CD prescription (I'm a numpty at times) (giggle)

CD = controlled drugs eg opioids - as is the case with me ;)

Angie
12-02-19, 07:27 PM
Controlled drug Mike and no your not a numpty

OldMike
12-02-19, 07:27 PM
CD = controlled drugs eg opioids - as is the case with me ;)

Never thought of that :)

Paula
12-02-19, 07:28 PM
Why would you?, I wouldn’t have known that before I needed them ;)

Jaquaia
12-02-19, 07:29 PM
I only knew because my mum has been on them for years. Kind of disappointed they didn't try her with ketamine, so many jokes lost...

Paula
12-02-19, 07:31 PM
*shudders* I had a ketamine infusion as part of the ‘putting CRPS into remission’ time of my life. It was hideous, I had a very, very bad trip ;(

Jaquaia
12-02-19, 07:36 PM
The doctors have really annoyed me. They stuck her on oxycodone and just kept upping the dose, she ended up on a palliative care dose because of them. She's done really well halving her dose in 3 months, 2 more decreases to go to get to where her pain management consultant wants her and he's hoping the injections will have more of an effect. Fingers crossed!!!

Apparently they're starting to look at ketamine infusions for treatment resistant depression! There's a woman on the fb group I admin that has been referred for it.

Suzi
12-02-19, 07:51 PM
*shudders* I had a ketamine infusion as part of the ‘putting CRPS into remission’ time of my life. It was hideous, I had a very, very bad trip ;(

I remember that and the state you were in when you got back online....

Paula
12-02-19, 08:23 PM
I’ve never understood, since then, how anyone would want to have that drug recreationally. I know an infusion is more intense but still .....

Strugglingmum
12-02-19, 09:27 PM
We used Ketamine quite a bit in palliative care. It's very good for nerve pain but yes patients would be quite sleepy and hallucinate a bit. However, if it was being used then the patient had hit the point with pain that dopey and tripping was preferable.m

Paula
12-02-19, 10:33 PM
Hallucinate a bit? I’d been sedated beforehand and was still screaming in fear. I just didn’t have a good experience, I know that’s not everybody’s experience, and was very grateful that that was the last treatment they would try on me. And I’m usually really tolerant of medication ;)

Suzi
13-02-19, 10:31 AM
Hallucinate a bit? I’d been sedated beforehand and was still screaming in fear. I just didn’t have a good experience, I know that’s not everybody’s experience, and was very grateful that that was the last treatment they would try on me. And I’m usually really tolerant of medication ;)
I react like that to tramadol.. Not as severely as you to the ketamine, but still bad enough that I woke the whole house up screaming and being able to see, touch, hear, taste, feel what I was dreaming.... And I couldn't wake up....

Paula
13-02-19, 11:28 AM
Yeah .....

Suzi
13-02-19, 02:05 PM
How are you today gorgeous, sparkly one?

Paula
13-02-19, 02:09 PM
I’ve been emotional today, missing my Luna. Not helping myself with watching DIY SOS, mind you

Jaquaia
13-02-19, 02:10 PM
You cry easily anyway and are watching that???!!! No wonder you're emotional!!!!

Paula
13-02-19, 02:12 PM
(giggle)

Suzi
13-02-19, 02:27 PM
DIY SOS has that effect on.... not me, no, never.....

Paula
13-02-19, 03:00 PM
I’ve just had a long chat with Jess about Luna, about how sweet she was, how gentle, what it was like when we first met her, that sort of thing :). I’m still emotional but it was a lovely talk

Suzi
13-02-19, 06:01 PM
We've been really missing Casey with Willow's arrival... I feel for you. Keep talking about her, Luna was very loved....

Paula
13-02-19, 07:31 PM
She really was

Paula
13-02-19, 07:35 PM
As if I wasn’t emotional enough, Pasha is leaving Strictly #heartbroken

Suzi
13-02-19, 08:55 PM
Oh no!!!!

Paula
14-02-19, 02:42 PM
Look what arrived for me (inlove)

https://i.ibb.co/p3Srt2q/1-D7-A1631-D696-494-D-A802-AB0-C1-B3-B2082.jpg (https://ibb.co/YtxTz2g)

Jaquaia
14-02-19, 03:40 PM
They really are stunning (inlove)

Suzi
14-02-19, 04:04 PM
Wow! Those are amazing!

Paula
14-02-19, 04:34 PM
Aren’t they just :)

Jarre
14-02-19, 05:58 PM
*huggs* Paula hope you have a peacefull evening x

Strugglingmum
14-02-19, 06:59 PM
Wow!!! Gorgeous. Enjoy.

OldMike
14-02-19, 07:01 PM
Woo hoo you lucky lady, have a lovely evening (bear)

Allalone
14-02-19, 07:04 PM
They look lovely. Enjoy you’re evening.x

Paula
14-02-19, 07:31 PM
Awwwww he came home with Prosecco (inlove)

Suzi
14-02-19, 07:55 PM
Nom!
Hope you are having a lovely and relaxing evening..

Paula
14-02-19, 10:17 PM
It was, we watched such a romantic film .... A Quiet Place (rofl)

Si actually made me blush earlier, which is very hard to do. We had a plumber out as our water pressure had dropped. Turns out part of the water softener had broken down and resin dissolved and clogged up all the filters in the taps/valves. Talking about the one to the dishwasher, dad said (they’d popped in) that probably a good blow would do it. Si then commented that ‘your daughter would be good at that, Rog’ :o (blush)

Jaquaia
14-02-19, 10:34 PM
(rofl)(rofl)(rofl)

Strugglingmum
14-02-19, 11:07 PM
(blush)(rofl)(blush)(rofl)
I was looking for an emoji to spontaneously combust with embarrassment! !!
Classic. I would have been looking the ground to open up!!

Flo
15-02-19, 08:06 AM
(rofl)(rofl)....a woman with hidden talents eh?!!

Suzi
15-02-19, 09:22 AM
Si actually made me blush earlier, which is very hard to do. We had a plumber out as our water pressure had dropped. Turns out part of the water softener had broken down and resin dissolved and clogged up all the filters in the taps/valves. Talking about the one to the dishwasher, dad said (they’d popped in) that probably a good blow would do it. Si then commented that ‘your daughter would be good at that, Rog’ :o (blush)

OMG That's hysterical!
I remember when I'd been at uni for a while and I'd had my hair cut from being so long I could sit on it to just above my shoulders and my Mum asked why it had been cut off whilst I was home and driving her into town... I gave her the standard answer I'd given my friends... "It kept getting caught in the handcuffs.." When she asked what I meant I just wanted the world to swallow me whole!

How are you today Sparkles? Anything planned?

OldMike
15-02-19, 09:45 AM
I was a bit slow at getting that (angel) (giggle)

A plumbing joke to tickle your fancy:-

A dog goes into a Plumbers Merchants and says, “I’d like a job please”. The owner says: “We don’t hire dogs, why don’t you go join the circus?” The dog replies, “What would the circus want with a plumber?”

Paula
15-02-19, 10:41 AM
(blush)(rofl)(blush)(rofl)
I was looking for an emoji to spontaneously combust with embarrassment! !!
Classic. I would have been looking the ground to open up!!

Ah well, SM, I blushed but I’m not easily embarrassed so it wasn’t such a big deal. My poor dad though, he’s convinced himself I’ve only had sex twice in my life - once for each child (rofl)

(rofl)(rofl)....a woman with hidden talents eh?!!

Well, you know, I don’t like to boast ;)

OMG That's hysterical!
I remember when I'd been at uni for a while and I'd had my hair cut from being so long I could sit on it to just above my shoulders and my Mum asked why it had been cut off whilst I was home and driving her into town... I gave her the standard answer I'd given my friends... "It kept getting caught in the handcuffs.." When she asked what I meant I just wanted the world to swallow me whole!

How are you today Sparkles? Anything planned?

(rofl)
Today I have to try to find someone to fix my dishwasher. And id like to do some cross stitch, if my hand will take it

Mira
15-02-19, 11:26 AM
I have a plumber joke. It will be translated from dutch so if its no good i apologize.

Friday morning, a doctor wakes up and noticed his cellar is flooded. So he calls a plumber. When the plumber gets at the house he is invited in and has a look. He keeps looking for a while and then asks the doctor for 2 paracetamol. The doctor looks a but funny but goes and get the paracetamol for the plumber. The plumber throws then into the flooded cellar and picks up his bag.

If its not over after the weekend call back on a monday.

And goes out the door.

Jaquaia
15-02-19, 11:46 AM
(rofl)

Suzi
15-02-19, 02:10 PM
(rofl)

Hope your day is going well sparkles!

Paula
15-02-19, 03:56 PM
Dishwasher repair person is coming out next Thursday - so I’ll be buying the kids some marigolds ;). I do appreciate this is such a first world problem ;)

I’m good - the suns out and its warm, I’m in a t shirt! Si also told me Jess has paid me a compliment, commenting tohim on how much weight I’ve lost. I’m not holding my breath that she’ll say it to my face so I’ll take it as it stands lol

magie06
15-02-19, 05:10 PM
That's wonderful that she's noticed though. Take it as a win!!

Suzi
15-02-19, 07:06 PM
It's fab that she's noticed!!! Definite win!

Paula
17-02-19, 08:38 AM
Oh ffs! I decided to have a clear out of the site that I use to upload my photos here - and of course now those photos can’t be seen here anymore (blush). Still, I’m sure you all won’t mind (rofl)

OldMike
17-02-19, 12:24 PM
Haha a case of throwing the baby out with the bath water, you'll just have to re-upload any relevant pics, I mostly link to photos I've uploaded to FB, I no longer use Photobucket (bags of ads and so slow and you gotta pay to link externally unless they changed that) but still very occasionally use imgBB.

Suzi
17-02-19, 12:54 PM
Oh no!!

Paula
17-02-19, 05:36 PM
Wow! I’ve slept all afternoon, I obviously needed it ;)

Jaquaia
17-02-19, 06:08 PM
Feel better for it?

Paula
17-02-19, 07:58 PM
Yeah ta :)

Suzi
17-02-19, 09:29 PM
Glad you're feeling better for it.

Paula
17-02-19, 09:56 PM
I am, however, going to talk to my GP about my pain meds. I’ve been flaring everywhere for weeks now, struggling with my leg at night and my hand has been horrible for days.

Suzi
18-02-19, 12:04 PM
Why haven't you said anything?

Paula
18-02-19, 02:24 PM
Because I didn’t realise how bad it was until I lay in bed saturday and the mattress was actually hurting me - I was blocking it out itms? Anyway, I’ve got an appointment tomorrow morning

Suzi
18-02-19, 03:08 PM
I'm glad you're going.... And yes I get it...

Paula
18-02-19, 06:01 PM
Of course, now I’ve allowed myself to acknowledge it, it feels all consuming today ....

Strugglingmum
18-02-19, 07:17 PM
(panda)

Suzi
18-02-19, 08:44 PM
What time's your appointment?

Paula
18-02-19, 09:43 PM
9.30. I’m so fortunate to be able to get an appointment so quickly. I know that’s rare

magie06
18-02-19, 09:56 PM
I hope things go well for you.

Suzi
19-02-19, 09:59 AM
How did it go?

Paula
19-02-19, 11:18 AM
I got a shock actually. It was a locum so I’d never met him before. I sat down and he asked how I was - then straight away said, ‘stupid question, I can see you’re in pain’. Anyway, he looked through my notes and meds and decided that, as I’m on such high doses of everything, I need to see the Pain Consultant for a review. He was lovely but, as he put it, I’m ‘resistant to medical treatments’. I’ve emailed my consultant’s Secretary ....

Jaquaia
19-02-19, 11:34 AM
*gentle hugs*

OldMike
19-02-19, 03:17 PM
Hope your pain consultant can come up with something to help alleviate your pain. I'll just leave these for you (bear) (panda)

Paula
19-02-19, 07:44 PM
The practice manager got back to me and told me my consultant is now no longer able to take NHS patients through his private practice, so I need a GP referral to our NHS hospital. Which I’ve asked for but have no idea how long it will take. However, Si reminded me that a while ago my consultant gave me his mobile number telling me to get in touch if I need anything. So, hesitantly as it feels like a cheek, I’ve promised to text him tomorrow.

Edit:I had lunch with my best friend today and was talking about my hand. She suggested I think about underarm crutches. However, she, my husband and youngest all insist on being practical and logical about this - that I might find it easier even though they’re ugly as sin and don’t even come in colours other than NHS grey ...... begrudgingly, I have conceded that it might help if I use them just around the house. So I have ordered some. And am now going to sulk for at least a week ;(

Jaquaia
19-02-19, 08:20 PM
Would forearm crutches be any good for you?

Also...

Duck Tape Glitter - Silver 47mm x 4.5m https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GO4Y6JC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_HygBCbCTXW1MY

There is a way around everything ;)

Paula
19-02-19, 08:41 PM
I tried forearm crutches when my hand first started. It was the most horrible sensation. I felt dizzy, car sick and like I was going to topple over. Si made me send them back lol

And yes, I know I can dress them up but they will always be the crutches Tiny Tim had ;)

Jaquaia
19-02-19, 08:46 PM
(rofl)(rofl)(rofl) I'm sorry but that made me laugh!!!

They even have the perfect tape for Suzi! ;)

Duck Tape Duck 221658(swear)Adhesive Tape 48(swear)mm Wide x 9.1(swear)Metres Length https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B018S1ATYO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_8RgBCb2GVFEW5

Suzi
19-02-19, 09:33 PM
OMG I love those!!!

Paula, they may not be the crutches you would have.... but if they are going to help then you are going to have to find a way of prettifying them.... glitter tape, diamontes etc are all at your disposal!

Paula
19-02-19, 10:54 PM
Geez, how can I argue with you lot when you insist on being reasonable?!?!

OldMike
20-02-19, 09:59 AM
As befits a Princess get a couple of rolls of Glitter Duck Tape - Rose Gold Sparkle https://www.amazon.co.uk/Glitter-Duck-Tape-Rose-Sparkle/dp/B07BWHHHJ3/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1550656162 and get blinging those crutches.

Flo
20-02-19, 10:27 AM
Ooh! you're going into Princess overload!!(giggle)

Suzi
20-02-19, 11:41 AM
With some diamante jewels for added embellishment?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rhinestone-Sticker-Crystal-Adhesive-Diameter/dp/B06VT7VG6V/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1550662849&sr=1-3-spons&keywords=diamonte+gems&psc=1

Paula
20-02-19, 12:00 PM
(rofl) they’d fall off as soon as I put them on!

Suzi
20-02-19, 05:13 PM
Have you not heard of superglue???? I don't think you're committed enough to this.. Careful, I'll pack my girls up, lots of gemstones, superglue and sequins and we'll come and bling your ride.......

Paula
20-02-19, 05:43 PM
I’m not committed to this, it’s true. TINY TIM!!! But I have ordered some ......

*drum roll* I have seen the neurologist who is so pleased with progress, he wants me to halve my diuretic dose. REDUCING MEDICATION NEVER HAPPENS TO ME!! he doesn’t want to see me til the autumn! (party)(party)

Paula
20-02-19, 06:52 PM
I was supposed to go to Housegroup tonight but it was cancelled as everyone’s got the lurgy. While I’m sympathetic, I’d actually done the prep for tonight’s discussion, including listening to 2 sermons! Dammit! ;)

Suzi
20-02-19, 07:25 PM
I’m not committed to this, it’s true. TINY TIM!!! But I have ordered some ......

*drum roll* I have seen the neurologist who is so pleased with progress, he wants me to halve my diuretic dose. REDUCING MEDICATION NEVER HAPPENS TO ME!! he doesn’t want to see me til the autumn! (party)(party)

That's awesome! Go you!
Right Tiny Tim..... You are going to have to find a way past this. I do understand. Each time my mobility aid and grab handle need has got worse it's been a kick in the teeth, the only way I've dealt with it is to search for the positives - that it means I can do xyz better than without kind of thing... I know it sucks and I know it hurts, but you are Princess Sparkles. You've got this...

I was supposed to go to Housegroup tonight but it was cancelled as everyone’s got the lurgy. While I’m sympathetic, I’d actually done the prep for tonight’s discussion, including listening to 2 sermons! Dammit! ;)
Bugger! If you hand't have done the prep work you know it would have been on!

Paula
21-02-19, 10:19 PM
I’m shattered. I had the dishwasher repair engineer here trying to get it working again. The problem with the water softener clogged up the dishwasher. It’s fixed now but we can’t use it until all the gunk is out of all the plumbing - that’s not going to be a fun job for Si at the weekend ......
Anyway, tomorrow mum is coming up to have a steroid injection in her foot. She has a benign tumour on a nerve (she’s had it before) and they’re hoping an injection will help, otherwise it’ll be surgery. I’m being taxi so Jess nd I going to meet her off the train and go out for lunch before taking her to the hospital. After she’s done, Jess is going over to the IOW with mum to stay for a couple of days
My crutches have arrived. They are butt ugly.

Strugglingmum
21-02-19, 11:13 PM
But think how gorgeous they will be when they get the sparkle effect. X
Enjoy your day with your mum....even if it is hospital related. Lunch out is always good. (bear)

Suzi
22-02-19, 09:00 AM
I'm sorry you hate them...

I'm glad you're going to spend some time with your mum today.

Jaquaia
22-02-19, 12:40 PM
I think that's a bit harsh on butts if I'm honest! I've seen some very attractive butts!!!

Glad you get time with your mum lovely

Paula
22-02-19, 05:37 PM
I’m peopled out! I’ve been with Jess and mum all day, went into town to get underwear for Jess (it’s been at least a year since I’ve been to town), had lunch, been at the hospital ....... Jess is now on her way over the pond ;)

Magie, I will do my best but these crutches are never going to be anything other than ugly

Suzi
22-02-19, 08:44 PM
I hope you are going to rest now?

Hold on! I think I've found something awesome! I've found you coloured ones!!
Look!!! In fuchsia pink! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fuchsia-Pink-Color-Crutches-Underarm-Crutches-Kids-or-Adult-PAIR/143090937582?hash=item2150e26eee:m:mpMD75ntn3-re3Vpi2JuCxg:rk:3:pf:0

Blue, purple, black, red... https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=coloured+underarm+crutches&_sacat=0

I know they are from the states, but hunni if it's going to make it even a little bit easier using them, then surely that's worth doing?

Paula
23-02-19, 08:15 AM
I love you, truly, truly love you! :). I’m trialling them around the house atm so will let you know (my technique isn’t great yet lol)

I’m completely shattered this morning so will be resting as much as possible today

Suzi
23-02-19, 10:32 AM
Are you happier knowing that there are prettier ones out there?

I'm glad you're going to rest...

Paula
23-02-19, 01:43 PM
Happier. I’m not sure yet whether they’re working but am committing to trying hard lol

My Pain Consultant has got back and said he’ll see me immediately the doctor’s referral comes through :)

OldMike
23-02-19, 04:46 PM
I should think underarm crutches should be helpful when you've mastered the technique and definitely get some coloured ones as befits a Princess :)

Paula
23-02-19, 06:23 PM
Tbh, at the moment they’re making things worse as they’re pinching nerves so my whole arm is aching and tingling. But I persevere ....

OldMike
23-02-19, 09:05 PM
Tbh, at the moment they’re making things worse as they’re pinching nerves so my whole arm is aching and tingling. But I persevere ....

Oh dear do they need more padding (panda)

Paula
23-02-19, 09:12 PM
Oh dear do they need more padding (panda)

They’ve got it lol ....

Angie
23-02-19, 10:44 PM
I remember being a child and visiting my grandad and my uncle had broken his leg, he had under arm crutches and me and my cousin used to run off with them and use them as stilts

Suzi
23-02-19, 11:51 PM
(panda) Princess... Reading between the lines you sound really down about it all.... Understandable, but are you keeping a check on your moods?

Paula
24-02-19, 02:30 PM
I’m aware I’m struggling. I’m putting tiny Tim away for the rest of the day as that’s not helping. Last Tuesday was the 19th and I realised that, up to then (when my bf coaxed me out), I hadn’t left the house (apart from the necessary trip to the dentist) since 31 Jan. The problems with work and pain have made it very easy to hide away

Jaquaia
24-02-19, 02:32 PM
(panda)

Suzi
24-02-19, 03:00 PM
So... what can we do to help?

Paula
24-02-19, 05:55 PM
Tbh right now I’m just holding on to see the consultant

Suzi
24-02-19, 09:08 PM
OK, then we can help listen until you get that appointment. How quickly do you think it could be sorted? Not worth paying privately to be seen quicker?

Paula
24-02-19, 09:30 PM
My consultant texted me yesterday to say he’ll get an emergency appointment for me as soon as the referral comes through. He’s awesome ;)

Suzi
24-02-19, 09:45 PM
Good. I'm glad.

Paula
01-03-19, 10:12 PM
I’ve had the most awful flare tonight - my hand was excruciating, bright red, burning and really swollen. I had nothing to resort to for relief as I’d taken all my meds - Si ended up giving me a very large vodka and soda. It did numb it a bit, thank God, and I no longer feel like I’m going to throw up :/ but it’s definitely not ideal .....

Jaquaia
01-03-19, 10:14 PM
(panda) really hope you get to see your consultant soon

Mira
01-03-19, 10:18 PM
Thats so bad. I do hope you will be able to sleep and that in the morning it will be feeling less painful (bear)

Suzi
01-03-19, 11:28 PM
It's not ideal, but at least it helped a bit..... Any idea how long the wait is to see the consultant?

Paula
01-03-19, 11:29 PM
It's not ideal, but at least it helped a bit..... Any idea how long the wait is to see the consultant?

No, I’m going to ring on Monday. I need to have options when this happens

Suzi
01-03-19, 11:33 PM
Yes you do...

Paula
03-03-19, 04:50 PM
Sorry I’ve been quiet, todays been tough - everything hurts and I’m wading through treacle :/

Jaquaia
03-03-19, 04:58 PM
So rest, rest and rest some more. You need to look after yourself lovely. Sending you gentle hugs (panda)

Angie
03-03-19, 05:58 PM
WSS^^

OldMike
03-03-19, 06:39 PM
Sorry I’ve been quiet, todays been tough - everything hurts and I’m wading through treacle :/

Just look up some Rammstein on YouTube that'll make you feel better *runs and hides*

Serious hat on now just put one of your fav movies on and 'njoy (bear) (panda)

Mira
03-03-19, 06:54 PM
Even while you feel this way you made me feel better today. I hope you had some great rest. You are awesome. Thanks for being here. Just being here is awesome enough (bear)

Suzi
03-03-19, 08:33 PM
You resting? I hope you're going to call the Dr tomorrow love. Something has to happen.

Paula
04-03-19, 08:28 AM
You resting? I hope you're going to call the Dr tomorrow love. Something has to happen.

Yes and yes ;)

Suzi
04-03-19, 09:25 AM
Have you called them yet?

Paula
04-03-19, 10:31 AM
Couldn’t get through so I’ve emailed them

magie06
04-03-19, 11:43 AM
Good. I hope it's not long before they get back to you. Thinking of you and sending gentle hugs.

Suzi
04-03-19, 02:22 PM
Have you heard anything yet?

Paula
04-03-19, 06:35 PM
No, I’ll chase tomorrow. I had to conserve spoons to take Nala to the vets. She’s ok, just struggling on her back legs

Paula
04-03-19, 09:45 PM
I’m so irritable I’ve actually gone to bed so I don’t bite someone’s head off .....

Jaquaia
04-03-19, 09:47 PM
Pain? Low mood? Or people being knobs?

Suzi
04-03-19, 10:27 PM
Oh hunni (panda) I'm sorry I don't have anything more constructive to add...

Mira
05-03-19, 07:22 AM
(bear)

I hope that you slept well and today will be better.

Suzi
05-03-19, 07:32 AM
Morning, how are you today lovely?

Paula
05-03-19, 10:31 AM
Pain? Low mood? Or people being knobs?

Lol pain really, although do t tell my family that, as far as they’re concerned it’s cause they’re being knobs ;)

Morning, how are you today lovely?

I’m ok, I’ve just been so sore. And a fairly recent thing is the whole body pain where even sitting or laying down hurts every part of my body that touches the furniture itms

We’ve got a parents evening for Jess later so today will mainly be conserving spoons

Mira
05-03-19, 10:50 AM
I hope that today you are able to feel a lot better. Be kind to yourself and that the soreness fades.

OldMike
05-03-19, 11:23 AM
(bear) (panda)

magie06
05-03-19, 12:24 PM
Sending more gentle hugs your way. (Mind the knee)!!! (rofl)

Suzi
05-03-19, 02:21 PM
Have you chased the Drs?

Paula
05-03-19, 03:28 PM
I spoke to someone in Winchester hospital (same Trust) who was going to chase up and get back to me

Angie
05-03-19, 07:12 PM
(bear)

Paula
05-03-19, 08:17 PM
Back from Jess’s college pre exams ‘scare the crap out of parents with how much your child has to do’ evening. My personal highlight was when Jess’s politics teacher asked if she’d remembered his revision Panic lesson - where she fired back ‘you’re always panicking about something’ (giggle)

Suzi
05-03-19, 08:34 PM
Sounds like it went well.......

Paula
05-03-19, 08:40 PM
Better than I expected

Suzi
06-03-19, 08:40 AM
Good!

Plans for the day?

Paula
06-03-19, 10:18 AM
No plans. I went to bed early with a thumping headache. It’s better this morning but my mojo forgot to get up :(

Strugglingmum
06-03-19, 11:13 AM
my body is pumping and surging with adrenaline and anxiety.
wish i could send you my excess energy, might even things out a bit for us(panda)

magie06
06-03-19, 01:24 PM
Paula, you need to be as kind to yourself as you would be to your best friend. What would you tell them? You give great advice here, please try to follow some of it yourself. Please???

Suzi
06-03-19, 01:55 PM
So... Are you reading? Stitching? Binge watching box sets? Chased that appointment?

Mira
06-03-19, 02:10 PM
I hope your mojo jumped into gear and that you are feeling better.

Paula
06-03-19, 06:09 PM
So... Are you reading? Stitching? Binge watching box sets? Chased that appointment?

Reading, all day. I’ve just sent another email as I’m not up to a phone call today and could barely manage an email. I’ve dived into low mood, ache all over and just want to cry. To add to it, Katie had a car accident - not her fault and she says she’s ok but .......

Paula, you need to be as kind to yourself as you would be to your best friend. What would you tell them? You give great advice here, please try to follow some of it yourself. Please???

I’m trying. I told Si I was struggling and he’s getting home soon, early, and have just crashed for the day

Jaquaia
06-03-19, 06:54 PM
(panda)

Suzi
06-03-19, 10:02 PM
Is Katie OK? As long as it's only the metal bit that's damaged that's ok, that can be replaced - it's the squishy bit in the middle that's important.. Can you tell Marc used to work doing crash repairs and restoration in classic cars? :)

Paula
07-03-19, 08:15 AM
Katies fine. Tbh less stressed about it all than I was ........ the girl who reversed into her drivers door is 17, only passed her test in October, poor love. Still, no one was hurt so that’s the main thing.

I’m a little better than yesterday, atm, though I’ve been awake since 5.30. I’m meeting up with my ex MIL and SIL for coffee this afternoon. I toyed with cancelling but I haven’t seen them for a few months and really want to catch up. It’ll probably do me good, that’s what I keep telling myself

Flo
07-03-19, 08:27 AM
Hi Paula, what a shock for Katie! Even bigger shock for the girl who reversed into her! Still, as you say, no one hurt. Have a good time with your rellies. Lots to talk about I bet.x

Suzi
07-03-19, 08:40 AM
Make sure you rest as much as possible too please.... But have fun x

OldMike
07-03-19, 04:45 PM
Have fun out with your relations, I'm glad Katie is okay. (panda)

Suzi
07-03-19, 06:19 PM
How you doing love?
Any news on the appointment?
How's Katie and the car?

Paula
07-03-19, 06:24 PM
No news on the appointment :/
Katies ok, the cars being fixed next week and she’s getting a courtesy car
I’m tired but had a lovely time - haven’t laughed that much in ages :)

Jaquaia
07-03-19, 06:43 PM
So pleased to hear that. Rest now?

Angie
07-03-19, 06:46 PM
Glad that Katie is ok cars are replaceable, please pace and rest

Strugglingmum
07-03-19, 07:16 PM
Glad you had a nice time.(panda)
Sorry to hear about Katies accident. Sounds like a shock all round. Glad they are both ok.

Paula
07-03-19, 09:09 PM
Can’t rest - I’ve got to pack for my weekend away ;)

Suzi
07-03-19, 09:45 PM
Hold on, what've I missed? Weekend away?

Paula
07-03-19, 11:20 PM
Yeap :). Church Women’s Weekend. I’m really looking forward to it

Suzi
08-03-19, 08:55 AM
Oh have a brilliant time! Are you going on your own?

Paula
08-03-19, 11:21 AM
A friends driving me - I’ll be fine ;)

Jaquaia
08-03-19, 11:43 AM
Have fun!!!

Mira
08-03-19, 03:08 PM
Sounds great. Have a good weekend.

Paula
10-03-19, 07:00 PM
Hallooooooooo, I’m back! Had an amazing time :). Absolutely cream crackers now lol ;)

OldMike
10-03-19, 07:10 PM
Hellllloooo back right at ya, glad you ha a super time, put your feet up and put something on the box :)

Mira
10-03-19, 07:25 PM
Thats great. So glad you enjoyed it (nod)

Jaquaia
10-03-19, 08:00 PM
So pleased you had fun!!! Rest now please (panda)

magie06
10-03-19, 08:52 PM
Are you in bed yet? Get thee out of here and into thine chamber!!!

Paula
10-03-19, 08:59 PM
(rofl) not quite!

Suzi
10-03-19, 09:37 PM
So glad you had a good time. Now rest!

Paula
11-03-19, 08:03 AM
Woke up this morning and my knee was swollen to about double normal size! So today is about feet up and do nothing lol. And processing everything I’ve learnt this weekend. Revelation is tough to read with all the imagery and metaphors but Caroline (our curate) is an amazing teacher. Oh, and to make the weekend even better, one of the other women there loaned me her powered wheelchair for the weekend - it was wonderful to have so much independence and freedom :)

Flo
11-03-19, 09:42 AM
Oh! definitely a feet up day. What a nice lady to lend you her wheelchair. But how did she get about if you had her chair??;)

Suzi
11-03-19, 10:16 AM
I'm glad you had such a good weekend lovely. So... are you getting a chair?

Paula
11-03-19, 10:18 AM
I'm glad you had such a good weekend lovely. So... are you getting a chair?

Not at the moment - they’re horrendously expensive, even second hand ....

Oh! definitely a feet up day. What a nice lady to lend you her wheelchair. But how did she get about if you had her chair??;)

In her car (van) she had the powered chair, a scooter, crutches and a walker. She was covered ;)

Jaquaia
11-03-19, 01:44 PM
What was she driving??? The TARDIS???

Suzi
11-03-19, 02:16 PM
(rofl) Was she The Doctor???

OldMike
11-03-19, 03:12 PM
Not at the moment - they’re horrendously expensive, even second hand ....

In her car (van) she had the powered chair, a scooter, crutches and a walker. She was covered ;)

She certainly was prepared, how about a mobility scooter on one of my many walks saw a scooter fixed to a special assembly on the back of a car, though I should imagine they're more expensive than wheelchairs, it was really nice that lady lent you a wheelchair.

Paula
11-03-19, 04:28 PM
Mike, I have a scooter, lovely, I just can’t use it well with my poorly hand - the powered wheelchairs have joysticks, which is a lot easier for me ;)

She’s not the doctor, she’s Wonder Woman! She has fibro, 4 sons that she runs around after, and manages to fit in loads of voluntary work with the church, and is a signer for the deaf! She’s pretty awesome and puts me to shame

Jaquaia
11-03-19, 04:52 PM
Nah. She's just awesome in a different way to you

magie06
11-03-19, 04:54 PM
I don't think anyone could put you to shame!! You are awesome and remember, the sun isn't in competition with the moon. They both shine when their time is right! (inlove)

Paula
11-03-19, 06:36 PM
I’m super mum tonight! Katies boyfriend has had a huge bust up with his mum and she’s thrown him out. I’ve told them he can stay until it’s sorted..... it’s no hardship, he’s such a lovely lad.

magie06
11-03-19, 07:48 PM
Believe me when I say that you are supermum every day.

Suzi
11-03-19, 08:49 PM
I agree with the others, definitely doesn't put you to shame! You are both awesome!

It's good that you and Katie have that kind of relationship so she can ask you to have him.

Mira
11-03-19, 08:59 PM
English is only my third language. But so far I am still looking for one word to discribe how kind, awesome, caring and allround wonderful you are. It must be out there somewhere. Because that would discribe you.

Paula
11-03-19, 09:46 PM
(blush) Mira thank you :)

Strugglingmum
12-03-19, 08:17 AM
I don't think anyone could put you to shame!! You are awesome and remember, the sun isn't in competition with the moon. They both shine when their time is right! (inlove)

I love this. Xx

Suzi
12-03-19, 08:44 AM
And me!

How are you today Princess Sparkles?

Paula
12-03-19, 09:55 AM
I’m ok, a little sore. My friend’s coming round later for coffee :) otherwise a quiet day

magie06
12-03-19, 10:22 AM
I'm glad that you are taking things easy. You've used up a lot of spoons at the weekend, you need to replace them at some stage. Enjoy your coffee.

OldMike
12-03-19, 11:38 AM
I’m ok, a little sore. My friend’s coming round later for coffee :) otherwise a quiet day

That should be fun, you can put the world to rights over a hot mug of coffee ;)

Suzi
12-03-19, 12:23 PM
Hope you're having a lovely time with your friend!

Paula
12-03-19, 04:13 PM
I'm glad that you are taking things easy. You've used up a lot of spoons at the weekend, you need to replace them at some stage. Enjoy your coffee.

I couldn’t agree more - I slept most of yesterday but I’m a bit more with it today and starting to process everything I learnt over the weekend. I think I forgot to say yesterday, I’ve got an appointment with my Pain Consultant on 1 April :)

Jaquaia
12-03-19, 04:14 PM
That's great news! Hopefully he can sort something for you

Suzi
12-03-19, 09:18 PM
Hooray! A date is awesome. I hope you've called to see if they have a cancellations list?

Paula
12-03-19, 09:24 PM
He only does clinics at that hospital on Mondays and is full for the next 2 weeks. However, I spoke to his secretary today and his note told her to fit me into his earliest available date so, yes, he’s expecting them to put me on the cancellations list

Suzi
12-03-19, 10:16 PM
Good!

Paula
13-03-19, 07:26 AM
I do feel a little guilty as it feels like I’m getting preferential treatment. I am aware that it’s not usual in today’s nhs. But I need the help, so ........

It’s part 1 of dental challenge today. I am not looking forward to it :/

Jaquaia
13-03-19, 08:56 AM
You have no need to feel guilty. I'm glad he got you in so quickly! I saw the rheumatology consultant within 2 and a half weeks of my doctor referring me. It turns out that I had one of the highest CRP levels in the full clinic so maybe that's why I was seen so quickly. Maybe you having CRPS is why he's made you a priority?

Flo
13-03-19, 03:14 PM
Good luck with it all love!

Suzi
13-03-19, 03:33 PM
Hope it's going ok hunni xx

Paula
13-03-19, 06:00 PM
Maybe you having CRPS is why he's made you a priority?

Yes, definitely. But also, I think, because he promised me right at the beginning that aggressive, immediate and extensive treatments would put me into remission. Instead, it spread .... bless him, he’s a sweetie and I know he felt bad about that, though it wasn’t his fault. Just one of those things

The dental stuff went to plan, ish. The sawing through metal was harder than he expected and he had to drill to put a post in a tooth that he didn’t expect to have to do. I’ve got a temp bridge for now and it’ll take a couple of weeks for the perm one to be ready. I’m very sore and my jaw hurts from having it open for 1.5 hours so I’m just curled up on the sofa feeling sorry for myself.

Jaquaia
13-03-19, 06:17 PM
I couldn't even keep my mouth open long enough for the dentist to do a quick clean as my jaw hurt (there's a joke in there somewhere ;)) so you did much better than I did!!!

Paula
13-03-19, 07:27 PM
Ah, the joy of Valium ;)

OldMike
13-03-19, 09:41 PM
(bear) (panda)

Suzi
13-03-19, 10:00 PM
(panda) Rest lovely....

magie06
13-03-19, 10:24 PM
What an ordeal! Please be kind to yourself tomorrow too!

Mira
14-03-19, 05:37 AM
I know the feeling. They once did a lot of drilling and work on a thooth that broke. That was as long as your trip.

It was not the nicest thing at all. But the important thing is that you went and got through it. And i agree. Be extra nice to yourself as a treat (bear)

Paula
14-03-19, 08:04 AM
My jaw aches and it’s all very tender this morning so I’m working very hard not to be silly and panic about CRPS - my Consultant said it was very, very unlikely that dental work would trigger CRPS symptoms. I trust him and I trust my dentist but ....... still, I’m a bit more with it this morning after an early night. I’ve promised Si I’ll take it easy today :)

Si did make me giggle though. I told him not to look after the bridge was removed as I know there’s 3 teeth missing, 2 crowns (so partial teeth) and 1 tooth with a metal post. Not pretty. But he did anyway - and cue lots of comments about scaring children, and throwing up a little in his mouth (giggle). Cheeky sod!

Suzi
14-03-19, 10:26 AM
Lol!
Hope you are actually going to take it easy hunni...

Flo
14-03-19, 10:51 AM
Oooh! tooth work....brave you!...I'm about the same as you regarding teeth left, crowns and replacements etc. definitely relax today. Years ago I had an op. on my gums which took ages. Afterwards for about a week or so, I looked and felt as if I'd been clouted with a fire extinguisher! So something nice and soft to eat Paula....suck an omelette to death, custard etc., and anything easy to suck!;)

Paula
14-03-19, 11:05 AM
Lol!
Hope you are actually going to take it easy hunni...

Actually, I am. I’m absolutely exhausted and I need to conserve spoons to see the in laws on Sunday

magie06
14-03-19, 12:16 PM
Jelly and ice cream, mashed spuds and maybe if you are up to it a bit of toast for later.

Suzi
14-03-19, 04:28 PM
How's the spoon recuperation going?

OldMike
14-03-19, 04:52 PM
Have some nice nourishing soup, though Magie's suggestion of ice cream might go down well.

Paula
14-03-19, 07:28 PM
Bleugh, Mike, I hate soup

I’ve been cross stitching this afternoon. Unfortunately, my hand is now throbbing which is not a coincidence. Hey ho, it was worth it - my picture is nearly finished :)

Suzi
14-03-19, 10:34 PM
Yeah! Have you been able to eat and drink at all?

Paula
15-03-19, 07:22 AM
Yeah, I’m managing. It’s a good job I survive on fruit and yoghurt anyway ;)

Suzi
15-03-19, 07:57 AM
Lol... How are you doing today hunnipie?

Paula
15-03-19, 08:23 AM
I’m ok, still dropping off every time I sit down for more than 2 minutes lol. Having my hair done later :)