PDA

View Full Version : About to break!

Janny
06-11-18, 03:50 PM
Hey guys

Im a 32 year old and ive been struggling with depression from around 16 so its a long time!

Last 8 or 9 years have been the worst!

I have no job or skills, no friends, no life outside my house!
I have epilepsy and although my main sezures are under control I still a lot of the time experiance other feelings not sure if they are sezures it never been proven.
I also have vertigo

I have a child he is 8 years old now, It sounds terrible but i have never been able to connect with him. I will do the main things mums should do, but was never able to really sit with him and play etc..

I found my house to be my tomb im so scared to go out and do anything... not that I have any money or anywhere to go. I know it doesnt feel right being stuck at home all day doing nothing.
I bottle everything up and put on this happy face like everything is great when inside its killing me bit by bit to act happy.

It just constantly feels like a big bubble im in where im alone.

I prob have more to say but never know how to say it or what to say. Just needed to say what i could.

Paula
06-11-18, 05:10 PM
Hi and welcome. Firstly, say what you need, when you need it, lovely. There’s no pressure here. Could I ask, when did you last see your doctor? Are you on any medication? Are you on your own with your son or do you have support?

Suzi
06-11-18, 06:10 PM
Hi and welcome!
Is your son at school? What about connections with other parents/carers?
Do you have any support at all? Have you seen your Dr recently? Have you registered your son with young carers to get him some different support?
Sweetheart I understand about not going out and being tied to the house and being completely skint, flat, broke. I also know how damaging that is to you and those around you. Are you mobile? What about trying something like a support group?
However, if right now that all feels too much, then try staying and talking to us! We're a really sociable group of people who never judge. Mike's even rustling up a new quiz and we could do with someone knocking Team Sparkles (Paula) off the top spot!

OldMike
06-11-18, 07:36 PM
Hi Janny welcome to DWD (hi) feel free to express your feelings here we're good at listening.