Paula
03-12-18, 05:22 PM
Would it help if you said why?

Allalone
03-12-18, 05:25 PM
I’m not sure

Strugglingmum
03-12-18, 05:34 PM
I am so proud of you for all you have achieved today. You are amazing. And especially for asking for help when you needed to. You are such a fighter and are doing so so well. We all have to ask for help sometimes, believe me there were times I was like a hotline to HTT cause I was such a mess. Keep going. Here for you if you want to vent. X

Paula
03-12-18, 05:35 PM
^^^wss

Allalone
03-12-18, 06:03 PM
I don’t feel like I’m living for me just for everyone else. I don’t feel better for doing anything. The HTT yesterday having a shower will make you feel better, having something to eat will make you feel better, getting out and about will make you feel better etc I have really struggled with all of that today. Whatever I do makes no difference and it has left me feeling like I can’t carry on.

Jaquaia
03-12-18, 06:06 PM
It won't always be like that (panda)

Suzi
03-12-18, 06:49 PM
Hey chicky... (panda)(panda) I know it doesn't feel it, but calling for help is a huge positive. I know today's been hard and I know that you probably feel that you are faking it till you make it... know you don't have to pretend with us....

Paula
03-12-18, 07:11 PM
It WILL get better, I promise (bear)

Strugglingmum
03-12-18, 07:24 PM
I promise you it won't always feel like this. How do we know? Because we have been there and still go there at times. At the minute you probably feel like telling everyone to sod off but keep doing those things because they are normal and some day you'll realise that they are not such a chore and that yes, it does feel good to have clean hair or to drink coffee with a friend and smile at something she has said. My CPN kept telling me to keep doing the little things because eventually they make a difference, like chipping away at a wall. Some days will be better than others. At the moment you are so exhausted with no sleep that it's hard to imagine these little things making a difference. You are not doing them for other people, you are doing them for You, to fight, to get well. Sometimes we need someone to nag us to do them but it's for us. To get us well. To keep us well. And as ever, don't be hard on yourself. Be kind to you. See how big a thing you did today. I am so so proud of you. You Can keep fighting cause you got us to cheer you on as well as your friends/family/HTT. Love you. X

Suzi
03-12-18, 08:07 PM
How are you love?

Allalone
03-12-18, 08:21 PM
I’m not sure. I’ve now taken 3 promethezine so just feel numb and sleepy.

Strugglingmum
03-12-18, 09:04 PM
Hope you get some sleep huni. Xx

Suzi
04-12-18, 09:14 AM
How are you this morning lovely?

Allalone
04-12-18, 10:23 AM
I slept from about 10-3ish. Woken by a flashback but I was on the floor in my bedroom not in bed. The HTT are having a meeting with the psychiatrist this morning to discuss the way forward. The minute my sleep goes everything else gets worse and I can’t have EMDR until I’m more stable.
HTT are coming out this afternoon just got to try and stay safe until then.

Strugglingmum
04-12-18, 10:43 AM
(panda) stay safe and if you can't please ask for help. Xx

Suzi
04-12-18, 01:28 PM
How you doing love?

Allalone
04-12-18, 02:30 PM
I’ve had drinks, food and meds but I’m just numb. The HTT are coming out about 3.30pm. I just don’t know who I am, I think I’m a bit lost.

OldMike
04-12-18, 03:08 PM
(bear) (panda)

Suzi
04-12-18, 05:36 PM
We'll help you to be unlost....
We have torches and maps and a picnic and so it doesn't matter how long it takes....

Allalone
04-12-18, 06:09 PM
We'll help you to be unlost....
We have torches and maps and a picnic and so it doesn't matter how long it takes....

That has just made me cry. Well I’ve got a compass....

Strugglingmum
04-12-18, 08:02 PM
That has just made me cry. Well I’ve got a compass....

She always knows the right thing to say. Xx

Suzi
04-12-18, 08:53 PM
Didn't mean to make you cry.... Sorry... *hands tissues - I always bring lots as we have Paula who cries at everything... *

Paula
04-12-18, 08:59 PM
Cheek! ;)

Sweetheart, you found your way here. That alone was a huge positive step in your recovery. And, you know what, HTT and the psychiatrist are experts - together you will figure this out

Allalone
04-12-18, 09:03 PM
Thank you, I’ve used all mine so will put them in my pocket for later!!
I used to be able to keep my emotions under control but lately it’s got ridiculous, I can cry at anything.

Suzi
04-12-18, 09:03 PM
Crying at things isn't necessarily a bad thing...

Paula
04-12-18, 09:04 PM
Crying at things isn't necessarily a bad thing...

Definitely not a bad thing - I’m all for it!

Suzi
04-12-18, 09:07 PM
We know... lol (Kiss) (Kiss)

Allalone
04-12-18, 09:15 PM
But is it ok to cry at not having any sweets in the cupboard, or something random on the radio or that I forgot to give Ted his advent treat yesterday and the list could go on

HTT update-they are having a review meeting on Friday with the psychiatrist.

Strugglingmum
04-12-18, 09:34 PM
Hey i would definitely cry at not finding sweeties in the cupboard!!!
Keeping your emotions in check isn't always healthy. Be kind to you lovely. Xx

Allalone
04-12-18, 09:50 PM
Just something else that’s stemmed from my childhood, showing emotion was a weakness, I soon learnt not to after being punished.

I cried when the sweets weren’t there then about 10 minutes later I cried again as I remembered that I’d eaten them the day before!!

Strugglingmum
04-12-18, 10:05 PM
Me too hun. It only hurt more if you cried.

Paula
04-12-18, 10:18 PM
Showing emotion is not a weakness, it’s being human. Repressing our emotions only hurts us more imo

Allalone
04-12-18, 10:25 PM
Unfortunately yes. (SM)

Allalone
05-12-18, 12:07 AM
Showing emotion is not a weakness, it’s being human. Repressing our emotions only hurts us more imo
That may explain quite a lot then Paula.

Suzi
05-12-18, 09:39 AM
Thing is, you can only keep a certain amount bottled up before it explodes... You can only stop the explosion/implosion by talking and letting them trickle out bit by bit...

Allalone
05-12-18, 09:45 AM
Thing is, you can only keep a certain amount bottled up before it explodes... You can only stop the explosion/implosion by talking and letting them trickle out bit by bit...

I think mine are definitely fizzing Suzi, just not quite exploded yet. Could that be giving me this awful headache that I’ve had for a few days?! Or just lack of sleep or maybe both?!

Suzi
05-12-18, 09:47 AM
Both imho...