PDA

View Full Version : Me, part 673 *TRIGGERS*

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Suzi
28-01-19, 07:34 PM
Awesome Twitter!

What a complete cow! I'm so glad you're not going with her anymore.

Jaquaia
28-01-19, 07:37 PM
I've had a huge knot in my chest almost all day, even after taking propranolol. I was trying really hard to concentrate on going round a corner and getting my gears and she was asking loads of questions and today concentrating and answering questions was a step too far. She's taken that as me blanking her so I told her it would be my last lesson. She was very abrupt when we got back to mine. Told her I didn't want a refund as she made her terms and conditions very clear and there wasn't 48 hours notice so I was ok with full payment. She started going on about how she was just teaching me things I needed to know and her priority was the safety of people both in and outside the car and going on about me not answering questions was an issue and saying I was concentrating wasn't a good enough excuse to blank her. I had no praise for things I was doing right at all. So I told her that she lost my trust last week when she told me I had no choice but to do Holderness Road whether I liked it or not after telling me that she would never make me do something I'm not comfortable with. Her response was I can't keep driving around the same areas and I was doing ok doing the traffic lights near me and that's a main road too. Yes it is, except the road near me isn't a 2-lane A-road... Apparently stalling wasn't an issue yet at the time I was constantly being told I had to be faster. Anyway, told her I'd had a huge knot in my chest all day because I was dreading my lesson and I shouldn't be feeling like that. If she'd actually been watching me, she would have seen that I was adjusting to what she said, just verbalising was too much today. And that was down to her. The way she spoke to me made me feel like a naughty schoolgirl outside the headmasters office. I felt attacked by her. I told her about how nervous I was and about my anxiety before she agreed to teach me, if she couldn't adjust her teaching to that then she shouldn't have taken me on imho

Suzi
28-01-19, 07:42 PM
Well said! What a horrible person..

Jaquaia
28-01-19, 07:52 PM
Her response when I said I shouldn't be dreading my lessons was "fair enough", that was it. No apology about me feeling that way. She justified it by telling me she told me she would push me and she wouldn't make me do something she didn't think I could do and that I'm capable of a lot more than I think. Maybe so, but there are ways of interacting with people to coax the best out of them and all she's managed to do is make me feel like a failure. I understand that she's teaching me to do what I need to do but I've said a couple of times that I may need a bit longer to grasp some things, I'm academic, not practical. I'm struggling with stopping and starting, how is making me do an A-road going to help me achieve that? Even when I managed better than normal today, nothing was said, no positive reinforcement at all, just negative. I know that I sometimes need pushing but if I feel attacked or pushed too hard I shut down. She's destroyed the little bit of confidence I was starting to feel.

Suzi
28-01-19, 08:02 PM
You're so much better off without her!

Jaquaia
28-01-19, 08:02 PM
It does feel like a weight off my shoulders

Suzi
28-01-19, 08:03 PM
Then you know it was the right thing to do..

Jaquaia
28-01-19, 08:37 PM
Just spoken to the instructor J's friend recommended. He's so lovely!!!! Spent almost 20 minutes on the phone with him, he put me at ease straight away, he has no problem teaching the same thing over and over again, in fact he taught one woman for 4 years before she passed her test, and he also teaches people with autism and aspergers. He told me he doesn't really care what someones diagnosis is, if they have the ability then he will teach them as we're all human at the end of the day. He's recommended 1 and a half to 2 hour lessons as that way, if I need to practice something to death then I have plenty of time. He's hoping to get me started around mid-February :)

Oh and he also agreed that teaching so negatively is counterproductive!!!

Angie
28-01-19, 08:41 PM
Well done on telling her and you made the right decision. The thing is that teaching you to drive is her job that she gets paid for so now she has one less person paying her but also she will of lost a recommendation which is a big thing for driving instructors and it is down to her own attitude that has happened, She should of taken it slower with you and built your confidence up in not only yourself and your driving but in her, the reality is she did the opposite so personally it is down to her own self this happened dont let her worry you know she is gone xx

Suzi
29-01-19, 09:26 AM
Ahha, you have found your instructor! That's exactly what Claire was like for me and most importantly Ben!

How are you today?

Jaquaia
29-01-19, 10:06 AM
I'm feeling a lot... lighter! It's the only word I can think of to describe it. Tired and lethargic but my plan is to shower and then study for a couple of hours and then I'm spending the rest of the day with J

Suzi
29-01-19, 02:14 PM
I'm so glad you are - on both counts! Feeling lighter and spending the day with J!

Paula
29-01-19, 02:53 PM
Sounds like you’ve found and dealt with the root cause of what’s been upsetting you recently, thank goodness. Enjoy your afternoon with J :)

Jaquaia
30-01-19, 11:22 AM
Yesterday was lovely! The plan was tea at the indoor market but it was cold and we hadn't had lunch so we dived into Costa, then wandered around the art gallery and the maritime museum. Wandered down to the indoor market but all the food places close early so popped into M&S to grab some food. Bumped into my old supervisor and had a nice long chat with her and also one of the girls on the shop floor. Though James has said he notices I put a front on when I see people I know. I suppose it's the old fake it to make it thing.

Suzi
30-01-19, 12:31 PM
I'm so glad you had a lovely day! You sound brighter today too....

Jaquaia
30-01-19, 12:42 PM
I'm grumpy today. TOTM, stomach ache and irritable. Currently taking a break from cleaning the bathroom. Going to give the hallway and my room a quick hoover too then study and eat lots of chocolate. Oh! Maintained weight too. Would have preferred to lose but that's probably due to TOTM.

magie06
30-01-19, 12:49 PM
Well done. STS is better than going up!

Jaquaia
30-01-19, 12:51 PM
44 pounds lost from my heaviest so far

magie06
30-01-19, 01:00 PM
Oh WOW! That's amazing!!! Well done you!(clap)(clap)

Suzi
30-01-19, 02:16 PM
Wow! That's amazing! Well done you!

Paula
30-01-19, 02:26 PM
You’re incredible! :)

Jaquaia
30-01-19, 03:20 PM
I don't see that. I'm just me xx

Paula
30-01-19, 05:01 PM
Yeah, but ‘just you’ is awesome!

Flo
30-01-19, 05:02 PM
Well done on the weight loss Jaq. When Zoe has TOTM she buys a huge bar of Galaxy, disguises it as something else in foil then hides it at the back of the fridge! Woe betide anyone that finds it and nicks any!! She's also a man hater for 2-3 days!!(giggle)

Jaquaia
30-01-19, 05:13 PM
Me and J popped into M&S to grab tea and ended up coming out with gigantic chocolate buttons and sea salt fudge bites. We killed the fudge bites while watching Kinky Boots last night, I'll be killing the buttons tonight!!!!

I just get irritable and tearful and end up with stomach ache for a few days.

Jaquaia
30-01-19, 07:02 PM
Tom is completely cancer free!!!! Woohoo!!!!! (party)(party)(party)

Angie
30-01-19, 07:47 PM
Thats brilliant news hunni x

Suzi
30-01-19, 09:14 PM
So pleased! That's a huge weight off your mind... Brilliant news! I know how close you are!

Flo
31-01-19, 01:15 PM
Afternoon Jaq...how are things today love?

Jaquaia
31-01-19, 02:38 PM
Tired and restless. Have changed both lots of bedding and trying to crack on with uni work but struggling to focus

Suzi
31-01-19, 05:26 PM
(panda) Sorry you're not feeling that great...

Jaquaia
31-01-19, 06:36 PM
It's something I'm getting used to really. At the hospital with my mum in the morning then doing a little shopping then spending the day studying. Then, weather dependent, hugs from J for an hour or so!

Suzi
31-01-19, 06:46 PM
But you shouldn't be "getting used to it!" You deserve to be happy love..

Jaquaia
31-01-19, 07:44 PM
I'm a lot happier than I was. I just hate being here

Angie
31-01-19, 08:51 PM
(bear)

Suzi
31-01-19, 09:46 PM
Not forever love, you will get out and be happy..

Paula
31-01-19, 10:15 PM
Try and hold on to the big picture, sweetie, this is only temporary (bear)

Jaquaia
01-02-19, 01:32 PM
Sometimes it's difficult, especially when I'm struggling

Suzi
01-02-19, 06:16 PM
I know love, but try to see it like you would a puzzle or a diamond painting - it takes all the little bits to slot into place and you can't see the whole picture while you are working on each individual piece...

Jaquaia
01-02-19, 06:39 PM
That's a good analogy. I hate that I overthink things

Suzi
01-02-19, 09:16 PM
Ahh, so does Marc.... It's something we're learning to unravel - him at trying to not overthink and me at not getting frustrated at times...

Flo
02-02-19, 09:04 AM
Overthinking things with me results in anxiety. Ian tries to make me think logically but he too gets frustrated! I know I'm my own worst enemy and I give myself a lot of grief at times and I try to be logical, but it doesn't always work. But hey Jaq, what lovely times you're having with J. This time last year it was a totally different story wasn't it?

Jaquaia
02-02-19, 09:59 AM
I'm brilliant at thinking logically!!! It drives J crazy when I logic things out for him! I'm just rubbish when it comes to doing it for myself...

Flo
03-02-19, 09:52 AM
I think that's the case more or less across the board!(wasntme)

Suzi
03-02-19, 11:32 AM
How are you today lovely?

Jaquaia
03-02-19, 11:53 AM
Sinus headache, my eyes hurt so my plan was to slowly plod through my uni work with lots of breaks while my parents went to my sisters. Except sister dear is coming here... surprised she can remember where we live...

So todays plan instead is Scarlett hugs and trying to stop Talia from being a knob, relearning standard deviation and reading about how results sections are constructed in psychological reports.

Suzi
03-02-19, 04:27 PM
Hope you're feeling better lovely.....

Jaquaia
03-02-19, 04:53 PM
I'm clenching my jaw which isn't helping but finished my chapter at least. Been sat drawing with Scarlett. Just tired and it's too peoplely today.

Paula
03-02-19, 06:17 PM
I'm clenching my jaw which isn't helping but finished my chapter at least. Been sat drawing with Scarlett. Just tired and it's too peoplely today.

Yep, I know exactly what you mean....

Jaquaia
03-02-19, 06:39 PM
I've just realised I've not been for a wee since about 10am... not surprising when I've only had 1 glass of coke all day...

Before I get told off, I've just installed an app that will remind me to drink every hour because this really is an issue

Paula
03-02-19, 07:34 PM
Good to hear, hunni, nice to know the ‘gentle’ hints have gone in (giggle)

Jaquaia
03-02-19, 07:59 PM
It had to happen at some point!

Suzi
03-02-19, 08:57 PM
Before I get told off, I've just installed an app that will remind me to drink every hour because this really is an issue
Good! I'm glad you're taking it seriously!

Jaquaia
03-02-19, 09:14 PM
I've had a reminder or two....

Suzi
03-02-19, 09:30 PM
Really? Are you sure? I wonder who from?

Jaquaia
03-02-19, 09:35 PM
(rofl)(rofl)(rofl)

Flo
04-02-19, 09:50 AM
You mean the Rosa Klebb of drink, eats and meds??...blimey, she get's everywhere!

Suzi
04-02-19, 01:46 PM
How are you gorgeous?

Jaquaia
04-02-19, 03:16 PM
Tired, struggling to concentrate, irritable and I've ran out of chocolate. That's probably a good thing really but still!!!

Suzi
04-02-19, 03:21 PM
Sorry it's not a great one lovely....

Jaquaia
04-02-19, 09:47 PM
I watched Sing. Cartoons make me happy!

Suzi
04-02-19, 10:21 PM
I love Sing! :) Maybe you need a bit of Moana? Or Lilo and Stitch? or Frozen?

Jaquaia
04-02-19, 10:31 PM
Lilo and Stitch is one of my favourites!!! Love Moana and Frozen, though I wasn't keen on Frozen the first time I watched it. Hercules is my favourite disney though.

Suzi
05-02-19, 09:43 AM
OMG Hercules is Hazel's favourite! She knows all the songs (but she does to all Disney lol) and Lilo and Moana and Mulan and Frozen and all of them!

What'cha doing today?

Jaquaia
05-02-19, 12:39 PM
I love Mulan!!! My brothers girlfriend has borrowed my copy as she's never seen it!

I'm studying for now. J is popping round this afternoon but when all depends on when he wakes up, night shifts are fun!

Paula
05-02-19, 04:14 PM
Does he always do nights or do they change the rota?

Jaquaia
05-02-19, 06:06 PM
They change the rota. He's got a night shift tomorrow and then back on days on Sunday.

Paula
05-02-19, 07:18 PM
My dad did nights in the fire service - it’s a huge strain on the body ....

Jaquaia
05-02-19, 07:44 PM
On the plus side I've managed to show him that he needs to be back in counselling. They just rang at 9am to arrange his assessment...

Paula
05-02-19, 08:07 PM
Fab!!

Jaquaia
05-02-19, 09:28 PM
Tonight is me being relieved that my grandparents and aunts graves have not been vandalised. I should never, ever have to feel like that! In what world do people think it's a good idea to vandalise graves?

Mira
05-02-19, 09:46 PM
In no world what so ever. Its a horrible thing to do and so disrespectful.

Mira
06-02-19, 01:02 PM
How are you feeling today?

Jaquaia
06-02-19, 01:19 PM
A little unsettled. I had bad dreams and the cemetery being vandalised probably didn't help that. My cousin is going to check if her dads grave is one of those vandalised today. Another cousins husband went out to check my grandparents, aunts and his mums graves about half 8 last night, but my uncle died when I was still a baby so before they married, so he didn't know where his grave is. Trying to study to keep myself occupied though.

Suzi
06-02-19, 03:45 PM
So glad you've managed to get J to go back to counselling!

I will never understand why people feel that vandalising graves is ok to do. It isn't. My thoughts to those who have had to deal with that.

Hope you're doing OK lovely.

Jaquaia
06-02-19, 04:15 PM
I'm plodding. Tired but plodding. It's all I can do really.

Allalone
06-02-19, 11:23 PM
(panda)

Suzi
07-02-19, 09:29 AM
Hey you, why so plodding? How are you today? Can you get some proper rest at all?

Paula
07-02-19, 11:09 AM
Any plans today?

Jaquaia
07-02-19, 11:22 AM
Studying. Feel a bit crap today, realised this morning that I forgot to take my pregabalin last night...

I promise that I will take breaks though not too many as my aunt is coming down and she irritates me!

Suzi
07-02-19, 01:20 PM
Oh bugger!Missing pregabalin isn't much fun....(panda)
Why does she irritate you?
Have you taken a break and a drink recently?

Paula
07-02-19, 01:55 PM
Oh yuck, I did that last week - it’s really not fun ....
Just do what you need to do in your own time, lovely (bear)

Jaquaia
07-02-19, 03:35 PM
Suzi, she does nothing but complain about everything, she's just a very negative person. And even my parents is a bit too peoplely today...

Suzi
07-02-19, 06:57 PM
(panda)(panda)

Jaquaia
07-02-19, 07:31 PM
I've messed my mums meds up. I forgot to order them and she runs out of her RA ones tomorrow. FFS!!!

Paula
07-02-19, 07:55 PM
Can you get them to do an urgent one?

Jaquaia
07-02-19, 08:05 PM
I've managed to get her an appointment tomorrow

Paula
07-02-19, 08:07 PM
Well done, hunni

Jaquaia
07-02-19, 08:17 PM
It's just something I didn't really need

Suzi
07-02-19, 09:09 PM
Could she not do her own meds love? Or could you get your pharmacist to make up dosette boxes for her so you don't have to deal with all this?

Paula
07-02-19, 09:26 PM
Could she not do her own meds love? Or could you get your pharmacist to make up dosette boxes for her so you don't have to deal with all this?

Good point. Jaq - how is she going to cope when you move in with J? Will she need carers? (And I am not trying to make you feel guilty, it’s about time you started living your own life and I’m proud of you for all the changes you’ve been making in your life over the last year :))

Jaquaia
07-02-19, 09:33 PM
She can't even remember what she's supposed to take and when. Not sure about the pharmacist, they won't even order her drugs with them being CD drugs

I assumed that I would still do them. My dad would look after her I assume.

Paula
07-02-19, 10:01 PM
The pharmacy won’t do her CD repeats? Mine do (it’s a small Boots) so is it worth trying to find somewhere that does?

Suzi
08-02-19, 09:50 AM
I agree with Paula, it might be easier to find somewhere that will!

How are you today?

Jaquaia
08-02-19, 10:19 AM
They used to so I don't understand why they don't anymore

Suzi
08-02-19, 02:02 PM
Could you call them and ask? Think of it as self care?

Jaquaia
08-02-19, 02:51 PM
They have explained it to my mum and I can't remember why. It's a handy pharmacy for my mum as it's only at our local shops.

magie06
08-02-19, 03:31 PM
Any plans for the weekend Jaq? Are you seeing J? Maybe a meal out or a movie?

Jaquaia
08-02-19, 03:44 PM
Sunday I'll have to be peoplely as it's my mums birthday and J is staying over on Sunday night (inlove) other then that, just studying

Suzi
08-02-19, 08:41 PM
No plans to do something nice for you before J coming over?

Jaquaia
08-02-19, 08:53 PM
I need to try and catch up. I have an essay due in 2 weeks. I've not been studying on a night though, watched Paranoid over the last few nights and started Bodyguard tonight

Suzi
08-02-19, 08:55 PM
I'm concerned about you. The lack of drinking, your mood seems a bit flat....

Jaquaia
08-02-19, 09:24 PM
I'm ok. Plodding along. Just a bit flat at the moment. Not sure why really

Suzi
09-02-19, 09:33 AM
Are you keeping a mood diary or similar?

Jaquaia
09-02-19, 09:41 AM
I haven't. My mood is pretty stable, it's just low-ish at the moment

Paula
09-02-19, 09:45 AM
It seems it’s been low-ish for a while. I’m a little concerned......

Suzi
09-02-19, 10:17 AM
I agree with Paula....

Jaquaia
09-02-19, 10:18 AM
It just feels normal to me. There are no thoughts of SH or worse so it's an improvement on how I have been.

Suzi
09-02-19, 10:20 AM
But being as low and flat as you have been still isn't right love...

Jaquaia
09-02-19, 11:15 AM
I don't know what else they can do. My GPs are out of options, they can't increase the vortioxetine as I'm on the max dose. I think it's a case of trying to be kind to myself, not pushing too hard and waiting for it to pass.

Suzi
09-02-19, 02:52 PM
You don't think that the nurse prescriber who you saw could help?

Jaquaia
09-02-19, 03:13 PM
It would mean another referral and having to be assessed again.

Suzi
09-02-19, 03:32 PM
Or a phone call? Could you call him and ask?

Jaquaia
09-02-19, 03:58 PM
Again, it would mean going through the HTT, and they would just refer me to go to my GP as I'm no longer a patient. He did say that if there are any problems then I should go to my GP and I can always be referred. It's scary though as he said if this doesn't work then the options are either an older antidepressant which I know can have nasty side effects. He was reluctant to take that option because of that. I can't take tricyclics because I'm on hydroxychloroquine and they can increase the risk of arrhythmia. And his other suggestion was antipsychotics. With it being a relatively new antidepressant too, I'm not sure about augmentation therapy. The vortioxetine is working, it's just not perfect.

Suzi
09-02-19, 05:26 PM
Fair enough, but please, don't rule it out completely?

Jaquaia
09-02-19, 05:32 PM
I promise that I won't. I know things aren't right at the moment, I'm irritable, lethargic and always feel tired. I reminded J about spoon theory last night as he's struggling at the moment. I remind my mum about spoon theory. I just never apply it to myself.

Suzi
09-02-19, 05:32 PM
But you deserve it to be applied to you too.....

Jaquaia
09-02-19, 05:43 PM
I don't see that. But at least I got all my mums meds sorted.

Paula
09-02-19, 06:26 PM
Thing is, love, you know as well as we do that treatment is not just about the meds, it’s also about making those changes in your life you need to which is mainly about self care. If you’re not looking after yourself, you’re not giving the meds the optimal chance of working to the maximum. Please, please try to put yourself first at least some of the time

Jaquaia
09-02-19, 06:35 PM
I think the biggest thing I need to change is my drinking habits. I've not even had a litre yet. Going to go get another drink in a minute though, been on the phone with J and have my orders.

magie06
09-02-19, 08:43 PM
One of the main things I was told that helped in my remission from depression was - you can't pour from an empty jug. They explained that, like on an aeroplane, you put your own oxygen mask on before you help anyone else. If you don't look after yourself, you won't be able to look after those around you. Please try to drink some more. Your body is made up of a huge amount of water, and during the day you lose a huge amount by just breathing, being in a heated room and going to the loo. If you don't replace all this water, your brain can become dehydrated and cause low moods.
Lecture over!

Jaquaia
09-02-19, 08:47 PM
I know. I've never drank a lot since I was a child, it's a hard habit to get out of.

magie06
09-02-19, 08:50 PM
Agreed. Your post from just a couple of days ago said you were going to try a litre per day. How is that going?

Jaquaia
09-02-19, 08:58 PM
Just managing it but it's taking a lot of effort

Suzi
09-02-19, 09:18 PM
The more you do it, the easier it gets? I know it has with my treadmill, so am approaching the drinking thing in the same way. It's something I've struggled with Hazel....

Jaquaia
09-02-19, 09:28 PM
I will drink more tomorrow as J will be here to bug me about drinking!

Paula
09-02-19, 10:25 PM
I will drink more tomorrow as J will be here to bug me about drinking!

Which is great, but you really need to find a system that works so J (and us) don’t have to bug you .... ;)

Jaquaia
09-02-19, 11:17 PM
I know. I've only just managed a litre today.

Suzi
10-02-19, 12:27 AM
Why don't you drink? Do you not like the taste? The sensation? Do you not get thirsty?

Jaquaia
10-02-19, 01:10 AM
I don't really think about it or I start doing something and forget about drinking. And I suppose it's what my body has gotten used to. I never really feel thirsty. If I do drink during the day, it's usually because I think I should make an effort or J has bollocked me and demanded photographic evidence or you lot have nagged, sorry, reminded me. I've had 2 drinks today, both have lasted me around 5 hours. And I know that is not good when even being on a diuretic doesn't make me need the loo any more frequently.

Angie
10-02-19, 11:06 AM
Can you have high water content foods aswell just add to the drinks your drinking no it doesnt replace having a drink but it helps

Jaquaia
10-02-19, 11:11 AM
I'm trying to make sure I eat fruit

Paula
10-02-19, 02:24 PM
What about soup, things like that?

Jaquaia
10-02-19, 02:26 PM
I often have cuppa soup for dinner. Didn't today as Scarlett was down, everyone was as it's my mums birthday. Almost finished my first drink though

Suzi
10-02-19, 03:08 PM
How you doing now love?

Jaquaia
10-02-19, 03:57 PM
It's been very peoplely. She's very bossy, she made me sit on the floor drawing with her. Feel exhausted and on edge now but going to go and try and do a little work. I probably shouldn't as I've had 5 hours sleep but I need to do something, even if it is just writing up my notes from the section of my chapter

Suzi
10-02-19, 04:23 PM
Who made you sit on the floor and draw? Hope you're resting too.... Sounds like a trying day.. .

Jaquaia
10-02-19, 04:32 PM
Sorry, Scarlett. Either drawing or blowing bubbles.

Suzi
10-02-19, 04:33 PM
Sounds like the better option to me!

Jaquaia
10-02-19, 04:40 PM
I can deal with Scarlett, the adults are the issue

Suzi
10-02-19, 08:11 PM
Yup! It normally is!

Jaquaia
11-02-19, 12:35 PM
I've come up to do uni work. I clearly said that was what I was doing before I came upstairs. Yet my mother has just come up to ask if J enjoyed himself last night, even though she asked him before he left!!! :@

Paula
11-02-19, 12:53 PM
Sorry, hun, that made me giggle. Though, without wanting to upset you, and I know you do understandably struggle with your personal space being violated, there are many times when I wish my mum could follow me around the house .....

Jaquaia
11-02-19, 01:19 PM
You haven't upser me. It's very different for you, they've lived so far away for a long time so you've not been able to see them often so I completely understand that. My room is the only space I have to call my own and at the moment, it feels like I haven't even got that

Suzi
11-02-19, 02:31 PM
I assume you've talked to her about it?

Jaquaia
11-02-19, 02:38 PM
I've tried but she just immediately takes offence so I give up. I need to face that I either need to try and deal with it until J is ready for me to move in, and god knows when that will happen; or try and get my own place.

Paula
11-02-19, 05:38 PM
Have you thought about a house share until J is ready?

Jaquaia
11-02-19, 06:18 PM
I don't think that would be good for my mental health. I think it would end in me isolating myself even more then I do now. I struggle to get to know people in person. I've looked at prices in Hull anyway and I would have to top up the payment, even on HB, the house shares I've seen are £80+ a week. Add in the bills I have and food and I wouldn't be able to afford it and driving lessons would have to be cancelled completely until I could find work and I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet.
I just need to deal with it, just like I need to deal with a lot of things

Suzi
11-02-19, 08:05 PM
Oh hunni (panda)(panda)

Jaquaia
11-02-19, 08:14 PM
In other news, had to deal with Cruella going out for tea with J and the children. It's A's birthday and T asked if she could go and I've always said that I won't object to them doing things together for the children with things like their birthdays but it's bloody hard.

Oh and I have a driving lesson tomorrow.

Paula
11-02-19, 08:56 PM
You’ll be great tomorrow, even booking these lessons after what happened is awesome!

Jaquaia
11-02-19, 09:05 PM
I'm not convinced. I'm already nervous.

Suzi
11-02-19, 09:12 PM
I agree, you'll be fabulous!

Allalone
11-02-19, 09:20 PM
I’m sure it’ll be fine Jaq. (panda)

Jaquaia
11-02-19, 09:22 PM
I hope so. He does seem to be really nice and one of J's best friends recommended him and said he was lovely. Tomorrow will tell.

Suzi
12-02-19, 09:20 AM
What are you doing today to try to pace and stay as calm as you can? What time is your lesson?

Jaquaia
12-02-19, 10:35 AM
My lesson is 1-3. All I've done so far is eat and take my meds. Going to take a shower and maybe read. I don't know yet

Suzi
12-02-19, 10:59 AM
How you doing love?

OldMike
12-02-19, 11:28 AM
Good luck with your lesson Jaq (bear)

Jaquaia
12-02-19, 11:32 AM
Ok mostly. Struggling a little

magie06
12-02-19, 11:32 AM
When I was learning to drive, I'd bring a hand towel with me to put on my knees. My hands would sweat so much, the steering wheel would be slipping. It also helped with my nerves because I knew there was something I could control.

Suzi
12-02-19, 02:29 PM
Leaving this here for when you get back (panda) I'm really proud of you for going!

Jaquaia
12-02-19, 03:20 PM
He is absolutely brilliant!!!! I feel so comfortable and I would say I felt normal level anxiety today. I felt comfortable behind the wheel, he explained everything really clearly and was happy to repeat things for me. He made sure I understood things and was ok if things appeared to go over my head. I felt I did really well today and he told me I did really well. He's disagreed with pretty much everything she's told me though, he actually said it sounds like everything she said is a load of (swear)(swear)(swear)(swear)(swear)(swear)(swear)( swear). I really enjoyed it! Scary but I enjoyed it!!!

Paula
12-02-19, 03:22 PM
(party)(party) well done, lovely, that’s AWESOME

Jaquaia
12-02-19, 04:02 PM
My mums already commented on the difference in me. He asked me to mark myself out of 10 for how well I'd done. I said 7 and he thought I was being harsh on my self. I did 2 roundabouts, stopping and setting off, didn't stall once, he said my road positioning was good the last time I parked up was spot on. I can't believe I felt comfortable behind the wheel but I really did!!!

magie06
12-02-19, 04:57 PM
That is so WONDERFUL!!!! I'm so happy you didn't just throw in the towel and say that driving wasn't for you. You're such an inspiration. Well done. (party) (y)

Jaquaia
12-02-19, 07:22 PM
I'm just doing what I need to do magie. J lives in a small village about 10 miles out of town so I need to be able to drive before I move in with him really, or at least close to driving as there is only 2 buses a day and his parents are nearly 70 and 75 so I can't rely on them. Plus my training courses are in Hull and Beverley, so again, need to be able to drive to get there.

Angie
12-02-19, 07:29 PM
It makes such a difference the attitude of your driving instructor and that shows today hunni well done

Suzi
12-02-19, 07:49 PM
I'm so thrilled for you! Well done!

Allalone
12-02-19, 08:42 PM
That’s fantastic Jaq! Well done!xx

Jaquaia
12-02-19, 10:11 PM
J has the children on Thursday so he brought my Valentine's gift today. Now Valentine's is only something I've ever really bothered with since I met J, he wants to do the whole dating things properly as I've never really had it before. Well... he made me cry again!!! He said such beautiful things in the card and has bought me this "A Rough Outline: The Singles & B-Sides 1995-2003" https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000ECXCKE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_7m0yCbHYQESBH

I only briefly showed him it and then complained because someone had bought the only copy that wasn't £30 not realising that someone was him!!!! He's such a sneaky twat but I do love him. And he's the only one who ever manages to make me cry in happiness (inlove)

Allalone
12-02-19, 10:39 PM
That’s lovely Jaq. I’m so happy for you.xx

Suzi
13-02-19, 10:34 AM
Awww! He' an old romantic isn't he? So pleased for you!

magie06
13-02-19, 10:56 AM
Did you get one of those big huge cards with lots of romantic verses written on it?
'I wish I was a big blue duck egg,
A big huge whopper,
And you beside me on the pan,
A long and thin streaky rasher.'
Just one I can remember off the top of my head.

Jaquaia
13-02-19, 11:12 AM
No it just said "One I love. Saw you. Like you. Keeping you." (inlove)

Paula
13-02-19, 11:25 AM
Did you get one of those big huge cards with lots of romantic verses written on it?
'I wish I was a big blue duck egg,
A big huge whopper,
And you beside me on the pan,
A long and thin streaky rasher.'
Just one I can remember off the top of my head.

(rofl)

OldMike
13-02-19, 11:27 AM
Well done on the driving front Jaq (party)

Jaquaia
13-02-19, 12:29 PM
I did adulting!!!! I rang my debt company as driving lessons were going to make all my bills a struggle to keep up with. They've more than halved my payments and then put me through to their solicitor to discuss my plan with them (dickhead really is a (swear)(swear)(swear)(swear)(swear)(swear)!). Well, based on my new plans, the payment with them would be classed as manageable but the guy I spoke to started asking who I cared for and how it impacted on me. I freely admitted I had mental health problems anyway and had for 13 years now. He asked about treatment so I explained that I was medicated and had been discharged back to my GP. Because I have mental health problems, apparently that means they are no longer able to pursue any legal action if I missed payments so they are referring it back to their client! I have to wait for a letter from the client and then contact them when I get it. It's not even a case of paying them if a payment becomes due before I get the letter! He said don't worry about the debt, just focus of me and my health! Just wow!!!

Seriously guys, if you have debt issues, don't avoid it, speak to the company. The agents I have dealt with from 2 companies and a solicitors have been brilliant and really understanding.

magie06
13-02-19, 01:52 PM
OMG! You are a proper grown-up. Well done. Seriously, your 5 on Friday is going to be brilliant.

Paula
13-02-19, 02:06 PM
That’s fantastic news!

Suzi
13-02-19, 02:13 PM
That's fantastic!

Jaquaia
13-02-19, 02:42 PM
It's such a huge relief!

Suzi
13-02-19, 02:46 PM
How's the drinking going?

Jaquaia
13-02-19, 02:47 PM
Erm...

Suzi
13-02-19, 06:00 PM
Have you had a drink recently?

Jaquaia
13-02-19, 06:09 PM
I've had about half a glass. Getting stressed now though as my mum is cracking me up and my dad is drinking which isn't helping and Talia knows how to bring me back to earth with a bang! I didn't check what she was doing when she disappeared out of my room while I was working... (swear)(swear)(swear)(swear)ting on the back door mat :x my own fault for not checking as she had gone to the door

Paula
13-02-19, 07:30 PM
Niiiice :/ Please drink, hunni, you’re going to make yourself poorly :(

Jaquaia
13-02-19, 07:32 PM
I've managed about a glass and have a bottle of water with me too. Will keep trying

Suzi
13-02-19, 08:55 PM
How big is the bottle and how much of it have you drunk?

Sweetheart does your GP know how little you are drinking if they are prescribing diuretics?

Jaquaia
13-02-19, 09:20 PM
It's 800ml. Still drinking the one I got with tea, not actually started my water yet. I don't know why I struggle with it so much.

The weightwise team were aware of how little I drink, not sure if I've ever mentioned it to my GP

Paula
13-02-19, 09:39 PM
I’m with Suzi, I think it’s important they know about it.

Jaquaia
13-02-19, 09:55 PM
I will try and increase what I drink as I don't want to come off it again. The last time I was taken off it, my hair started falling out quicker.

Suzi
14-02-19, 08:38 AM
What? The diuretic? I've not heard about using that for hair loss before... You have to increase what you are drinking. The harm you can be doing to your kidneys is huge love. You are asking them to push out more water when you aren't taking in what you would lose every day just by being alive... They can only cope under that kind of strain for so long. I'm sorry to sound harsh, but I know how horrible kidney disease is and how bad it can get when they hit kidney failure....

Jaquaia
14-02-19, 09:09 AM
It's off licence. The dermatology consultant prescribed it for me. I never need to go any more often than normal so I'm guessing that is not a great sign... I will normally have 2 or 3 drinks on a night, it's during the day that's a problem.

Paula
14-02-19, 10:23 AM
Have you managed to drink anything today? What’s your ‘normal’ for going to the loo?

Jaquaia
14-02-19, 10:50 AM
4 or 5 times a day, usually when I get up and then mainly mid-afternoon onwards. I've had about quarter of a glass. Still not been for a wee yet. I have a bottle of water with me so will start sipping it.

Paula
14-02-19, 11:12 AM
You haven’t had a wee since you woke up? That’s not good, love, you should be desperate to go after a night’s sleep ....

Jaquaia
14-02-19, 11:37 AM
I'm very rarely desperate to go when I wake up. I have drank just under half a bottle of water though so trying to make a bigger effort today.

Suzi
14-02-19, 01:54 PM
Keep going with it, you have to crack this one love.

Jaquaia
14-02-19, 02:49 PM
Trying, I just don't really feel thirsty

Paula
14-02-19, 02:51 PM
I'm very rarely desperate to go when I wake up. I have drank just under half a bottle of water though so trying to make a bigger effort today.

Flippin ‘eck, I can barely make it to the en-suite :0

Then set your alarm for every 10 min, at least if you miss every other one you’re still drinking more than you were

Jaquaia
14-02-19, 03:02 PM
I've reset the reminder for every half an hour. I'll see how I go with that for now

Suzi
14-02-19, 04:01 PM
Trying, I just don't really feel thirsty
But you need to reprogramme yourself so you do....

Jaquaia
14-02-19, 04:23 PM
Trying! Almost hit a litre

Suzi
14-02-19, 07:52 PM
A whole litre? That's awesome!

Jaquaia
14-02-19, 08:21 PM
Even passed a litre now!

So it turns out that T knows of me...

Suzi
14-02-19, 10:08 PM
T? IS that the ex?

Well done for passing a litre!!

Paula
14-02-19, 10:10 PM
T? IS that the ex?

If it is, that really a bad thing, in the long term?

Jaquaia
14-02-19, 10:36 PM
T would be his little boy. Turns out she asked him in December if he had heard my name mentioned. He had an attitude today and turned round to J and said "You know mum's been asking me about Jaq?"

Suzi
15-02-19, 08:57 AM
What did he say?

Jaquaia
15-02-19, 10:13 AM
I'm not actually sure, I can't remember if he said now. He's angry at her but he's not going to say anything in case T was told not to say anything as he doesn't want to drop him in it. He's just going to give her the rope to hang herself. She's out of order dragging the children in to things like that.

magie06
15-02-19, 01:07 PM
How's your day going?

Jaquaia
15-02-19, 01:15 PM
Just on my way home from town after my eye test. Oh and I went on the bus on my own!!! £74 lighter as I needed new glasses AGAIN!!!! So got prescription sunglasses too as the lovely man in the opticians gave me a discount!

Suzi
15-02-19, 02:15 PM
Hooray for new glasses?! Definitely hoorah for discounts!

Jaquaia
15-02-19, 02:48 PM
I only got new glasses a year ago but my left eye is weaker then my right eye so needed a stronger prescription. I'm even at the stage where I get a bigger NHS voucher because of my prescription! I asked how much it would cost to get a pair done as sunglasses and he said about 2 for 1 which you're not meant to get with an NHS voucher, so 2 pair of glasses and paying for ultra thin lenses for my normal glasses for £74. Had to pay for ultra thin lenses, without them the outside of my lense has hit 1cm thick....

Paula
15-02-19, 03:02 PM
But you went on the bus alone! (party)

Jaquaia
15-02-19, 03:07 PM
There and back!!!! And walked through town to the bus station! And didn't get any back pain at all so really feeling the benefit of the weight loss so far!!! And dealt with the bus going a different way through town as they're knocking a building down by the usual bus stop with minimal anxiety!

magie06
15-02-19, 05:11 PM
You really are amazing!! That's wonderful progress.

Jaquaia
15-02-19, 06:26 PM
If I'm so awesome then why do people treat me like (swear)(swear)(swear)(swear)?
My brother asked about my driving lesson and what my instructor said about her so I told him and all I got was I wouldn't do it like this, I wouldn't do it like that, I guarantee you'll pick up bad habits with how you hold the steering wheel/speeding etc. Wouldn't accept that how you're supposed to hold the wheel is how I find it comfortable, wouldn't accept that he's picked up bad habits like speeding as apparently it's completely different if it's on 2 wheels so told him to wind his neck in as he was getting arrogant with the way he was being with me, rolling his eyes at everything I said. He response was "me getting arrogant???". No brother dear, I was trying to defend what I've been taught, what my mum also agreed with as she was taught the same way and as usual, you think you know better. So told him he didn't have to worry about taking me out in his car as he obviously didn't want to anyway with the excuses he come out with. Apparently he wasn't making excuses but told him everyone has said his reason was a load of rubbish so forget about it. Apparently he couldn't take me out in his car as he drives a diesel and they're very different to petrol. My dad, J and my instructor have all said it's a load of rubbish as all clutches are slightly different and it being diesel or petrol isn't that important, it's what you get used to. J is car mad, my dad was a mechanic for years, my instructor has been teaching for nearly 30 years yet my brother still insists he's right.

Paula
15-02-19, 06:45 PM
It actually sounds to me that he’s not treating you like (swear)(swear)(swear)(swear) in particular, but that he’s so convinced he’s always right, it wouldn’t matter if it was you or anyone else who’s learning, he’d still argue the toss. Try not to take it personally, lovely

Jaquaia
15-02-19, 07:07 PM
I already have taken it personally as it's almost had me in tears. I'm fed up of the negativity directed at me. Why do I always have to be the one in the wrong?

Suzi
15-02-19, 07:16 PM
I had similar with my parents eldest. I couldn't believe it when I was told he was going to teach me.....

Breathe hunni, breathe and distract all the way...

Jaquaia
15-02-19, 07:40 PM
I just can't be doing with it. My mum insists on telling me things about my former best friends and doesn't take "I don't care" as a hint that I don't want to know. I really hate being here at times

Jaquaia
15-02-19, 08:29 PM
Pride and Prejudice and a bag of mini creme eggs. Much better :)

Paula
15-02-19, 10:38 PM
I was watching the series version today (where Colin Firth was outed as a hottie ;)). Great minds!

Jaquaia
15-02-19, 10:46 PM
I spotted it on BBC iPlayer so I didn't even have to get up to change discs! ;)

It's a comfort thing for me, it never fails to cheer me up

magie06
15-02-19, 11:59 PM
I did the novel for my leaving cert and loved it. When it came out with Colin Firth I was in heaven!
And I still think you are amazing. I have a brother who's the same way. We got on great when he was living in San Francisco, but when he moved home we started clashing again. It's his way or no way. He sees everything as white or black and there's no grey area. It's his way, and I mostly ignore everything he has to say. We get on better that way.

Jaquaia
16-02-19, 12:18 AM
I take things too much to heart and if I'm honest, my head hasn't been the greatest just lately so I really didn't need him being an arse, especially after pushing myself to go into town on my own. I didn't have the spoons for that and him and studying. It doesn't help that when talking to my mum or she starts asking questions, everything has to be repeated as she's more interested in playing games on her phone or DS. Ffs mother, if you want to know things thenactually listen!

Magie, it's my favourite novel! I have 3 copies of it!!! I have the copy I bought a few years ago, the copy J bought me as part of the Jane Austen boxset for my birthday and he also bought me a hardback copy from the early 70s which has the wonderful smell books start getting after a few decades. I absolutely adore it.

Suzi
16-02-19, 10:30 AM
How are you today?

Jaquaia
16-02-19, 11:18 AM
Tired, irritable and hibernating in my room with my textbooks today!

Suzi
16-02-19, 01:30 PM
(panda) Hope you get some rest too lovely...

magie06
16-02-19, 03:14 PM
Try and build up some spoons for yourself. Thinking of you honey. I dreamt of my brother last night! Some of the really nasty rows we had as children and even as young adults. I woke Gerry with my shouting.

Jaquaia
16-02-19, 03:20 PM
I'm trying to catch up but also trying to make time to just do nothing.It will be Mr Darcy again tonight!

Paula
16-02-19, 04:34 PM
I’m way ahead of you! Wykeham has just gone chasing after the heiress ;)

Jaquaia
16-02-19, 04:44 PM
He is a cad and a bounder!

Suzi
16-02-19, 09:28 PM
Lol, I haven't seen it in years!

Jaquaia
16-02-19, 09:31 PM
I love it! Mr Darcy is currently going for a dip ;)

Suzi
16-02-19, 09:33 PM
(rofl)

Paula
16-02-19, 10:01 PM
I’ve finished, and am already bereft. May have to once again read direct from the genius behind Mr Darcy :)

Jaquaia
16-02-19, 10:10 PM
I've been contemplating the exact same thing all day

Suzi
17-02-19, 05:08 AM
Lol..

How are you today Jaq?

Jaquaia
17-02-19, 10:37 AM
Tired, headachey, my house is too peoplely...

Paula
17-02-19, 10:57 AM
Any chance of you being up to sitting down in a local coffee shop with a book? I know there’ll be more people, but they won’t expect anything from you itms

Jaquaia
17-02-19, 11:47 AM
I often do that when I'm meeting J. It gets dangerous if I choose the Costa in Waterstones though...

Made myself get a shower which has helped the headache so maybe it was a tension headache...

OldMike
17-02-19, 12:38 PM
Tired, headachey, my house is too peoplely...

Not at all peoply here except for some old dude (giggle) I know what you mean it's nice to have people around but not too much.

Suzi
17-02-19, 12:55 PM
(panda) Hope you get to do something that is less peopley, but also not just shut away in your room too....

Jaquaia
17-02-19, 01:08 PM
Head is banging again. Have grabbed a drink and dinner, have put tea in to cook, homemade goulash today, and am going to plod steadily through some work.

magie06
17-02-19, 02:01 PM
Try not to do too much and try to rest. Your headache won't get any better if you study too much.

Jaquaia
17-02-19, 02:23 PM
It's a case of it's a necessity. 3 weeks worth of work to do and an assignment due in a week on Tuesday.

Suzi
17-02-19, 03:19 PM
Have you thought of taking your work to your local library one day? You might find it easier without the interruptions? Then you wouldn't be under so much pressure each time an assignment is due in? I know I'd struggle to get things done with people to deal with, etc....