On Monday I said to myself that I will go to the airport
On Saturday
But today come around and I just could not do it
So gutted and angry with myself

How can I push myself to do things

I hate missing out on things I used to love doing

Suzi
29-09-18, 07:55 PM
You can't be too far away from me if you used to go regularly to Heathrow!

Maybe you're trying to push to do something that's a huge thing - so instead of Heathrow, go and take some pictures in your garden or in a local park or woodland?
It's certainly not something to be angry with yourself over, that is a huge thing! Heathrow is huge, busy, stressful etc Too much when you're still poorly...

iron6161
29-09-18, 08:00 PM
Ok thank you

Paula
29-09-18, 09:51 PM
I’m with Suzi. Start small. A runner doesn’t sign up for a marathon and, in the first day of training, run 26 Miles. They build up, slowly, and increase their strength and endurance step by step, run by run. Eventually, they’re able to run that marathon

Sissy
02-10-18, 03:07 PM
Listen to these ladies, they know what they are talking about. Instead of feeling horrible for not being able to go, can you set up a lovely scene at home and take great pictures of it? My dad gave me camera and asked me to take a photograph about silence. I looked at my home, my garden and everything.. Then I saw it. Silence. An empty bench under a cherry tree. What could be more silent than that? Taking that photo opened my eyes. I used to photograph horses. I still do occasionally. But sometimes you need to photograph what you feel, what you need, and what you dream of. It was empowering. I hope you find your thing and feel better.

Trompair21
08-10-18, 09:44 AM
You can do more things interesting by just staying at home. Do not push your self to the things that can feel you horrible.