PDA

View Full Version : Loneliness *SU Trigger*

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Suzi
29-06-19, 10:32 PM
Hope camp set up went well and you have a really good week!

Paula
29-06-19, 11:37 PM
Have fun over the next few days :)

EJ
30-06-19, 01:02 PM
I hope the camp goes well and is enjoyable for you too xx

OldMike
30-06-19, 02:14 PM
Hope all is going well at camp.

Strugglingmum
02-07-19, 06:54 AM
Hi all. Just a quick check-in. Camp is going really well. The kids are great. I'm busy from morning to night but enjoying the madness. It has given me a wee lift that I needed........ but I am knackered:) A is also enjoying himself and my kids are making me proud as amazing leaders. French toast to be made for all this morning. I'm cracking an awful lot of eggs!!(giggle)

Suzi
02-07-19, 08:28 AM
So glad you are all having a lovely time! I didn't realise the whole family was going!

Paula
02-07-19, 10:03 AM
Sounds awesome!

OldMike
02-07-19, 12:21 PM
Sounds like you're having a great time.

Strugglingmum
03-07-19, 12:31 PM
So glad you are all having a lovely time! I didn't realise the whole family was going!

This A's first year. He came to keep an eye on me and help in the kitchen (giggle)

Mira
03-07-19, 01:35 PM
That sounds like hard work and a lot of fun. I hope you have a wonderful rest of the time there.

Suzi
03-07-19, 04:31 PM
Hope you're still having fun!

Strugglingmum
06-07-19, 09:17 AM
I got home last night just after 9:30pm. I gave the dog a hug and then walked straight upstairs to bed. I am knackered and my body aches. This weekend will be full of washing washing washing. Thank goodness it is dry for now. Anyway. I will try and catch up with you all later. X it's good to be home.

Suzi
06-07-19, 10:15 AM
It's good to have you home! You've been missed! How was camp? Did you enjoy it?

Paula
06-07-19, 01:26 PM
Did you enjoy yourself?

magie06
06-07-19, 01:52 PM
I hope you are resting while the wash is on.

Strugglingmum
06-07-19, 07:34 PM
Thankful for a bright sunny day to dry my loads and loads.
Camp was tough but it was good too. My head is a bit all over the place but I'm putting it down to tiredness and feeling a bit bleurgh. I enjoyed feeding the troops but found other parts quite stressful. Anyway one down, one to go.

Paula
06-07-19, 07:50 PM
Another one?

Suzi
06-07-19, 08:34 PM
You're doing another one?
Want to talk about the good bits and the not so good bits? Did A enjoy himself?

magie06
06-07-19, 09:28 PM
Is there anything you can do to make the other bits better?
As for the other stuff, you need rest. Camp takes it out of you. You have responsibility for other people's children. And with all the food allergies and fussy eaters that you have to cater for, it's a very difficult position to be in. Give yourself credit. You have done a wonderful week. But please rest, rest and then rest some more.

OldMike
07-07-19, 09:42 AM
I can see camp being enjoyable and stressful in equal measures, SMum you did really well, you got out there and gave the kids a memorable camp experience, without volunteers like yourself there be no such things as camp so give yourself a big pat an the back and put your feet up.

Strugglingmum
07-07-19, 05:06 PM
We do Inters camp in 2 weeks. Slightly older kids, 11-16.
I do really enjoy camp and enjoy the kids. At our junior camp we had some issues that happen when you have a lot of kids together and away from home. Homesickness, clash of personalities, some trying to get one up on others etc etc, it all sounds silly and little things but when you are the one ultimately in charge and running the camp, you end up dealing and having to get involved in every issue and decision. It's just draining. I wouldn't change it and as A says I just want it to be an enjoyable experience for every kid so I will go the extra Mile to try and sort all issues and make sure they are all happy.
Also this year I had a bit of attittude from some young leaders who wouldn't listen and wanted to do their own thing.... we have a programme for a reason!!!
Anyway, I had to tell them that I would not be taking them along to Inters camp. It was hard, stressful and a horrible thing to have to do. I'm not great at confrontation and it takes a lot out of me....l. but the kids will always come first and the smooth running of the camp for everyone's happiness and safety and well-being.
This all sounds negative but I honestly did enjoy most of it and A got his eyes opened as to how much work Camp is. (giggle)

Paula
07-07-19, 05:11 PM
I’m impressed that you made that decision about the young leaders. The welfare of kids at both camps is vital. Well done, hunni

Suzi
07-07-19, 06:14 PM
That's brilliant that you stood up for what you believe is the right call. It'd have been easy to have just let them go. Well done!

Strugglingmum
10-07-19, 02:27 AM
Much love to you all. Xx

Suzi
10-07-19, 08:37 AM
You OK love?

magie06
10-07-19, 12:46 PM
How are you today?