PDA

View Full Version : Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

john82
24-07-18, 11:34 PM
Hi all first post here.

Finally had enough with feeling down and have constantly had sucidial thoughts in my head almost everyday,so I went to see the Dr's who put me on sertraline 50mg and I made an appointment with a wellness councillor.

The wellness councillor said I have aniexty and depression and could do with talking to somebody and that the doc should up my meds to 100mg to open up more?.

That was 7 weeks ago I don't feel like the sertraline has done anything I'm still having lots of negative thoughts,lying awake at night crying etc,so much so I rang the wellness people up again to find out when my appointment would be only to be told it could be 6-8 months!

I've since been bk doctors who's switched me to Mirtazapine 15mg and lowered the sertraline to 50mg.

The Mirtazapine first time I took it from completely knocked me out! I've struggled the last few days to the point I feel like a zombie and detached even more,also strange dreams and very sensitive to sounds especially when out dog suddenly barks.

Does the drowsiness wear off? It makes me want to do nothing! Also the doc recommended a site called mood gym but it's £40 has anyone used it?

Sorry about the long post

Paula
25-07-18, 08:12 AM
Hi John and welcome. First off, I’ve added a trigger warning to your thread. It’s absolutely nothing to worry about, we just need to make sure that other members have the opportunity to avoid any threads that may be triggering for them

I am very concerned that your counsellor has given you a ‘diagnosis’ and ‘advised’ you wrt to medication. These are things ONLY a medically trained person ie a doctor should advise you of. This could amount to malpractice on behalf of your counsellor.

Yes, the mirtazapine will absolutely make you drowsy. It’s a side effect the majority of people will suffer from. However, the drowsiness should ease to a manageable level after a few weeks. If it doesn’t, definitely discuss it with your doctor.

Suzi
25-07-18, 08:41 AM
Hi and welcome to DWD!
If the drowsiness is too hard then maybe try taking it at night - it's when I take mine - but always best to check with your dr.

OldMike
25-07-18, 09:18 AM
Hi John

I'm on Sertraline and it took a couple of months before I started to get the benefit.

It's a case of just getting the right meds as we are all different. You need to give the change of meds a few weeks and if the drowsiness doesn't wear off and/or you're not getting any benefits you should go back to your doctor.

john82
25-07-18, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the replies.

I've been taking the Tabs at night just finding it hard to wake up the next day.

Has anyone tried the mood gym? doctor mentioned something to do with cbt? or could anyone recommend any other things i could try? at abit of a loss at the moment when i was told i could be waiting 6-8 months to talk to somebody,it felt like there wasn't much point in going if it was going to take that long

Jaquaia
25-07-18, 12:29 PM
Try speaking to your local MIND, they often run courses to help you learn to deal with things. Also check if your area runs something called a recovery college.

Suzi
25-07-18, 02:02 PM
I haven't used mood gym. I know it used to be recommended a lot, but I'd be cautious at spending that amount of money. You could try some of the free mindfulness and meditations on you tube to try.

EJ
28-07-18, 08:28 PM
Hi John the lower doses of mirtazapine will cause sedation until you get used to them. I’ve been taking 45mg for a long time and they work well for me. Ive just enrolled with mood gym as I am experiencing panic attacks and so far it looks promising.

john82
31-07-18, 12:10 AM
Right I've been taking mirtazapine for just over a week now and the drowsiness is starting to wear off some mornings it's still a struggle and everynight I've been having strange dreams.

I'm in two minds about mood gym due to the cost things are tight as I'm currently off work.Can anyone recommend CBT therapy that's free to try? I'm worried that when I go back doctors it'll look like I've not been doing anything

It'll be almost 2 months tomorrow since I saw a wellness councillor and it just feels like I'm stuck.Not sure what to do at the moment

john82
31-07-18, 12:21 AM
Thanks for the replies I've looked into the recover program but there's nothing at this time.

My boss has started to put a bit of pressure on me by suggesting maybe I go private but I've no idea how much that would cost,it's not helping as it's adding to the pressure that I'm going nowhere by sitting here waiting . I've stopped all communication with all my friends as I'm embarrassed and don't want to talk to them when I'm feeling down

Paula
31-07-18, 08:41 AM
Hi John. If you’re in the U.K. contact your local MIND, they should have details of any local CBT courses to you. Alternatively, you could look at online CBT - that’s often free though I’d recommend you get recommendations as the quality of such courses can vary. If your employer is pressurising you to have private treatment then, imho, your employer should be footing the bill for any private treatment!

Sweetie, why are you embarrassed to talk to your friends? Mental health affects 1 person in every 4 so is very common. It’s nothing to be ashamed of and doesn’t mean you’re weak - in my experience quite the opposite. Talking to friends can make a huge difference to mental health

Suzi
31-07-18, 12:28 PM
You have no reason to be embarrassed by being poorly..... It's not a choice and it's not something you can control like any other long term illness...

The NHS have some links which might be helpful https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/self-help-therapies/
Have you ever tried meditation and or mindfulness?

john82
31-07-18, 11:19 PM
I had a look at the local MIND but i cant find a lot in Leicester.

I don't know why i haven't spoken to my friends i just think its easier to hide away at home,one of my close friends knows who i haven't spoken to for over a month as his dad's just died from terminal cancer so i know hes going through alot so won't want to hear my troubles.

TBH my situation compared to his is what i can't get my head round as to why im the one feeling low etc its embarrassing when hes had so much to deal with over the last year he just gets on with it seems so much more positive & all i can do is wish i was more like him

john82
31-07-18, 11:21 PM
Wished they'd let you edit posts!!

I've not tried meditation or mindfulness?

I've been trying to start exercising again even bought an expensive rowing machine to kick start me again but i just seem to look for excuses and cant get motivated

Suzi
31-07-18, 11:25 PM
Actually it's me who has set the forum not to allow members to edit posts. There are many reasons for this. If you ever want something edited all you have to do is let a mender of the team know and we will always help...

Julie
01-08-18, 12:06 AM
Apps for mental health

There is an app that is free called woebot CBT based. You talk to an AI chatbot
Headspace app is free and is mindfulness/ meditation ( GP recommended to a friend of mine that was stressed/anxiety)
While you are waiting for Nhs therapy
Hope your mood improves
All the very best
Julie

Wished they'd let you edit posts!!

I've not tried meditation or mindfulness?

I've been trying to start exercising again even bought an expensive rowing machine to kick start me again but i just seem to look for excuses and cant get motivated

Walking helps me so much , just a short walk even getting out being around even people I donÂ’t know helps me feel connected . Hope you feel better

Paula
01-08-18, 08:05 AM
I had a look at the local MIND but i cant find a lot in Leicester.

I don't know why i haven't spoken to my friends i just think its easier to hide away at home,one of my close friends knows who i haven't spoken to for over a month as his dad's just died from terminal cancer so i know hes going through alot so won't want to hear my troubles.

TBH my situation compared to his is what i can't get my head round as to why im the one feeling low etc its embarrassing when hes had so much to deal with over the last year he just gets on with it seems so much more positive & all i can do is wish i was more like him

I am naturally a very upbeat, confident, bubbly person yet become the polar opposite when I’m in crisis. Mental illness is a disease, one which you couldn’t help in the same way you couldn’t help getting flu. Please don’t beat yourself up for being ill, it’s not your fault

john82
01-08-18, 09:47 AM
Walking helps me so much , just a short walk even getting out being around even people I don’t know helps me feel connected . Hope you feel better

I walk my dog everyday but lately i just try to avoid people

john82
12-08-18, 11:28 AM
I've been on Mirtazapine for over 3 weeks now and i'm struggling with it.

Fed up waking up in the middle of the night with aching joints/pains,and then trying to get out of bed i feel like a zombie for the 1st 2 hours or so.My joints ache so much its like i've flu.

Think im going to ask to come off them and try something else.

I've tried the app called woebot but it just felt a little silly talking to an app

Paula
12-08-18, 11:55 AM
Definitely talk to your doctor, the side effects should be easing by now.

john82
12-08-18, 12:28 PM
Definitely talk to your doctor, the side effects should be easing by now.

I will do i've been awake since 8am and i look like a pensioner trying to get upstairs.

Worried as the dr wanted me to try mood gym but i've not got £40 spare

Paula
12-08-18, 04:08 PM
I think it’s actually 39 AUD which works out as £22 ish. However, it used to be free so your doctor may not be aware it charges now so I’d suggest asking the question, and checking whether there’s any alternatives in your area.

Suzi
12-08-18, 08:11 PM
Completely agree with Paula. Do get an appointment to speak to your Dr - don't just stop the meds please!

john82
12-08-18, 08:47 PM
Completely agree with Paula. Do get an appointment to speak to your Dr - don't just stop the meds please!

Thanks for the reply and don't worry I'm still going to take them I'm just really feeling strange on them, electric shock sensations,I'll see what the doctor says.

Suzi
12-08-18, 10:23 PM
Definitely talk to your GP. It might mean that this med or dosage isn't suited to you.. There's no exact science with this I'm afraid..

john82
14-08-18, 10:49 PM
Well from today I've decided to half the 15mg tabs as I run out on Friday and I don't want to pay for another prescription,plus I don't see the doctor until Monday.

I'm hoping that by taking 7.5mg for a few days it'll be easier than stopping straight away.

Suzi
15-08-18, 11:39 AM
I would urge against changing any dosages or anything without speaking to your Dr...

Paula
15-08-18, 02:01 PM
Surely you can wait a few days when you’re seeing the doctor?

john82
08-09-18, 06:52 PM
Thought I'd update this thread.

Dr has now put me on Duciltia 30mg which so far haven't upset me although my moods still low.

I've been trying to work out at home but I'm finding it hard to get motivated.

Had a letter from work regarding a meeting to check on how I'm doing so that's worried me as there just going to pressure me,and ask why I haven't gone private for counselling.

Suzi
08-09-18, 09:16 PM
How long have you been taking them?

Paula
08-09-18, 09:30 PM
Can you take someone to the meeting with you?

john82
08-09-18, 09:52 PM
I've been taking them about 2-3 weeks have to admit I've missed 1 day here and there.

Yes I can do,hopefully it's just a wellness meeting to see if work can help in anyway,I don't feel comfortable going into work,I can't deal with all the questions from colleagues etc...
Hoping my boss can just come round my house or I'll meet him elsewhere.

I'm just worried there going to say I'm doing nothing although I explained that to the Dr last time and he said it takes time these are the 3rd tabs I've been on.

I've tried alittle cbt but it feels a little repetitive.

I'm still waiting for therapy 3 months now and the I'm starting to wonder why I bothered going to the doctor's

Paula
09-09-18, 08:26 AM
I'm starting to wonder why I bothered going to the doctor's

Because you weren’t getting better on your own. John, it took you a long time to get to where you are now, it’s not going to be an immediate return to good health. You need to be patient. And you absolutely must take the meds as the doctor has prescribed - and stop missing doses. All that does is extends how long it’ll take to get better .....

Suzi
09-09-18, 11:11 AM
Paula's right. Sometimes it takes time to find the right medication and dose - Remember it can take 4 - 8 weeks to get into your system and that's taking it every day regularly. Skipping doses isn't going to help you at all lovely.

john82
09-09-18, 11:42 AM
Paula's right. Sometimes it takes time to find the right medication and dose - Remember it can take 4 - 8 weeks to get into your system and that's taking it every day regularly. Skipping doses isn't going to help you at all lovely.

That's what the doctor said.

At the moment i'm waiting for counselling,but i've always got work in the back of my mind and that i need to feel better asap so i can get back

Suzi
09-09-18, 08:10 PM
But it might be worth taking a little longer now to give yourself time to heal a bit?

john82
09-09-18, 08:54 PM
But it might be worth taking a little longer now to give yourself time to heal a bit?

I know,but I can't help but fear the worst everytime I hear from work etc... I know all work are going to say is why don't you go private... And use that as pressure & if I don't,I think they'll use that against me.

I can't really afford to go private at £40-£50 a session

I also appreciate all the replays I've been getting X.

Suzi
09-09-18, 08:55 PM
They can't insist you go private - unless they are prepared to pay for you and then they can only offer it afaik.....

john82
09-09-18, 09:03 PM
They can't insist you go private - unless they are prepared to pay for you and then they can only offer it afaik.....

Occupational health will prob get a mention in the meeting

Paula
09-09-18, 09:17 PM
Why do you think they’ll try to make you go private?

john82
09-09-18, 09:39 PM
Why do you think they’ll try to make you go private?

It's something my boss mentioned last time I had a meeting with them,said it would speed things up and get me back to work quicker

Paula
09-09-18, 09:53 PM
Then, as Suzi says, they’ll have to pay

Suzi
10-09-18, 09:11 AM
Many, many years ago the place my husband was working for were brilliant during his first breakdown. They had a private insurance scheme which paid for him to have a counsellor who came out to him at home after seeing a psych in Harley Street. They couldn't have done more to try to help because they cared, rather than for anything else....

john82
23-01-19, 12:14 PM
It's been a while so thought I'd post an update as I don't really have anyone to talk to.

I've been switched onto duloxetine 60mg and have been taking them for the past month or so.

I'm still waiting on the let's talk I've finally got an appointment for this coming Monday after waiting since June the I sometimes wondered why I bothered to go to them for help.My moods still all over the place usually worse at night.

I've been trying to exercise to stay positive.Im still finding it tough to talk to friends and have completely cut myself off mainly because I'm embarrassed and feel ashamed about the situation.

I've a meeting with work on Friday about how they can help me get bk they mentioned working days for a few hours just to get myself bk into the business and talking to people.I worried there going to put pressure on me at the meeting to accept that,although they've been great so far.I don't feel ready to do that yet and would like to wait until I've seen the councillor.Im really terrified about going into the place on Friday as I don't want all the questions and the I haven't a clue what to say

Suzi
23-01-19, 01:13 PM
What are you embarrassed and ashamed of lovely?
When did you last see someone for a meds review? Do you not feel these are helping much?

Strugglingmum
23-01-19, 01:37 PM
Can you reschedule Friday??

john82
23-01-19, 02:16 PM
What are you embarrassed and ashamed of lovely?
When did you last see someone for a meds review? Do you not feel these are helping much?

I'm embarrassed and ashamed about the way i feel,the amount of time i've been off work,what my friends & colleagues will think,half the time i feel like i don't fit in.

My meds were changed about a month & half ago this is the 4th time they've been changed.I feel like none of them are working as i still feel low almost everyday.

Can you reschedule Friday??
No i can't reschedule friday,they agreed to meet me elsewhere if it was easier but i want to meet at work as i have to go in there at some point and i feel like im just putting off the inevitable.It's just an idea so i was told over the phone to think about and that the meeting was in no way formal etc its just to see how i am and if they can do anything to help although there's going to be somebody else there taking notes??. I just hope i don't feel pressured,i'm not the most confident, i told them over the phone i've finally got a date to talk to a Councillor 28th and i'm about to start my sessions so ideally does it sound bad if i say my heads not right and i'd like to see how the counselling sessions go before making a decision about returning to work?

Suzi
23-01-19, 08:39 PM
Sweetheart you are poorly. Would you be so embarrassed if it was something you could physically see? You really have no reason to be embarrassed or ashamed. Illness is illness....
Did you have a break between the medications? 6 weeks isn't long enough to see if it's going to help, especially if you are decreasing another one too at the same time.

john82
23-01-19, 09:18 PM
Sweetheart you are poorly. Would you be so embarrassed if it was something you could physically see? You really have no reason to be embarrassed or ashamed. Illness is illness....
Did you have a break between the medications? 6 weeks isn't long enough to see if it's going to help, especially if you are decreasing another one too at the same time.

I'm not sure the people at work will all see it like that...

I just switched tabs straight away so far I've been on

Sertraline 50mg

Sertraline 100mg

Mirtazapine 15mg

Duciltia 30mg

Duloxetine 60mg

I'm still having quite bad thoughts almost daily I was hoping for a tablet that would immediately make me feel happy

Suzi
23-01-19, 10:18 PM
There isn't a magic cure all pill I'm afraid..

How long have you been on each one? Just straight swap from one to the next?

john82
23-01-19, 10:24 PM
There isn't a magic cure all pill I'm afraid..

How long have you been on each one? Just straight swap from one to the next?
The shortest one was Mirtazapine as I had horrible side effects but at least 6 weeks on some.

Yep I was just straight swapped by the dr

Suzi
24-01-19, 10:44 AM
No wonder you feel rubbish! It takes 4 - 8 weeks to get into your system and the same for each dose change - both up, down and stopping! So you haven't been able to properly try any of them as you still had the other one getting into/out of your system!

john82
14-03-19, 12:10 AM
Thought I'd post an update I've finally managed to get in with the well being councillors and have been to 5 sessions so far.

My anxiety has gone down since but my mood is still low,everyone I mention this to the councillor that I'm constantly feeling down and everything seems like a struggle she doesn't really seem to reply. It feels like her main aim is for me to get back into work but I'm worried as it feels like nothings changed and the fact I'm still feeling down, having regular suicidal thoughts

I spoke to my doctor on Monday and he mentioned he could up the dosage of duloxetine I'm currently on 60mg so that's an option.

I'm just concerned as I've never had therapy before so don't really know what to expect I was hoping they'd help with the thoughts I've been having but all I've been told to do is write a daily diary about what I'm doing for the last 4 weeks.

Jaquaia
14-03-19, 12:35 AM
It often takes time for therapy to be effective. Carry on being as honest as you can

john82
14-03-19, 01:39 AM
It often takes time for therapy to be effective. Carry on being as honest as you can

I have been completely honest so far still get embarrassed telling them how I'm feeling.

Only thing that's caught me off guard a few times is when they ask me where do I want to go etc to which I reply I just want to stop feeling miserable

Paula
14-03-19, 09:13 AM
That seems like a good aim to start with. Jaq’s right, therapy takes time. It may seem that progress is slow but there is progress - your anxiety is already improved. The rest will come, sweetie, I’m sure of it (bear)

There is nothing to feel embarrassed about, you’re ill, you won’t be saying anything they won’t have heard before

Suzi
14-03-19, 11:33 AM
I completely agree with Jaq and Paula. It takes time, but if you are struggling do talk to your dr again about upping your meds then do so lovely.

magie06
14-03-19, 01:21 PM
A trip back to the doctor seems to be on the cards. You are doing great as you are. Try every day to just keep going forward. I believe you can make it.

john82
23-03-19, 03:46 PM
Had a chat with the Dr about how i was feeling on Monday. I told him about my moods being up & down,mainly down at night when i've got too much time to think, and im still having a lot of thoughts about maybe it would be better and easier if i wasn't here.He suggested maybe upping the meds but the main problem im having with duloxetine 60mg was it was causing me to sweat from just walking my dog and im dreading the summer when it actually gets warm!!. I'm staying on 60mg at the moment and will see how i feel next visit.

I've got a meeting with Work next week which has already set my anxiety off panicking about what will happen feeling sick etc.Last time they offered to give me reduced hours etc but i hadn't started the counselling and wanted to try that before going back to work.To be honest the counselling has given me the option to talk to somebody which i needed,but i'm still waiting for the magical answers for how do i make myself feel happier?.

Truth is its easier for me to hide away at home then having to deal with people at work,I still don't know how to deal with the situation when people ask where i've been, whats been wrong etc

Paula
23-03-19, 04:15 PM
When do you see the doctor next? If you haven’t got a time frame, can I suggest you don’t leave it much longer than a few weeks?

Wrt counselling, of course it can make a big difference but there is no magical solution to depression, I’m afraid.....

Suzi
23-03-19, 04:25 PM
I agree with Paula - there is no magic "woohoo you're going to be happy from now on".. I wish there was. But then no one is happy all of the time. Everyone has blue days... I think it's a case of feeling brighter than you were and reducing/removing the dark thoughts...
Do you think that going back to work on a phased return or something similar might help move things forward?

john82
23-03-19, 04:52 PM
I agree with Paula - there is no magic "woohoo you're going to be happy from now on".. I wish there was. But then no one is happy all of the time. Everyone has blue days... I think it's a case of feeling brighter than you were and reducing/removing the dark thoughts...
Do you think that going back to work on a phased return or something similar might help move things forward?

Hi I'm seeing my doctor again in 4 weeks.

Yes I'd like to go back to work but like I said it's easier to hide away that way I won't have to deal with all the questions from colleagues and the paranoia wondering if they know why I've been off etc.

I'd been feeling miserable for a long time and that's the main reason I went doctors at the minute it doesn't feel as though I've made any progress my worry is I'll go bk to work and just get worse

Suzi
23-03-19, 08:03 PM
You could be honest with your colleagues about why you have been off?
Is work a trigger for you? Why would you get worse by going back?

john82
23-03-19, 08:38 PM
You could be honest with your colleagues about why you have been off?
Is work a trigger for you? Why would you get worse by going back?

I've thought about being honest some days I think yeah that'll be fine but then other days I get doubts about if I'll be looked at different.

I just think by going back to work it'll be forgotten about and I'll just be expected to get on with things.

It feels like I haven't gotten anywhere in the time I've been off.I was looking today at support groups in my area.

Suzi
23-03-19, 10:39 PM
Is this the first time you've been looking at support groups?

john82
23-03-19, 11:29 PM
Is this the first time you've been looking at support groups?

I've looked before but I don't think I'd of had the courage to go but now I think I could,anything really if it helps

Suzi
23-03-19, 11:41 PM
Have you contacted your local mind group?

Paula
24-03-19, 12:00 AM
I've looked before but I don't think I'd of had the courage to go but now I think I could,anything really if it helps

I think that’s really positive that you’re looking at different options to manage your illness :)

john82
24-03-19, 12:03 AM
Have you contacted your local mind group?

I've looked and my local one is Coventry,would they be able to offer anything different? I'm seeing my counsellor monday and was going to mention it there.

All I've been doing is writing a diary.

john82
24-03-19, 12:16 AM
I think that’s really positive that you’re looking at different options to manage your illness :)

Thanks the tabs have definitely helped my anxiety.I'd like to try something different and I'm feeling a little more confident now

john82
15-04-19, 11:17 PM
Thought I'd post an update
I've made a few steps in the right direction over the past 2 weeks started to talk to my friends again I've been into work and had a chat with colleagues which left me feeling relived.

I'm planning on going back on a phased return but work want me to work 1hour X 5 days a week and gradually increase but I can't survive on that money come the end of the month if I'm loosing my ESA payments.

The only negative I can think of if finding out 1 of my close work friends has got engaged which made me feel sick and start worrying that he'll be leaving soon,and that my life seems to be going nowhere. I don't know why I feel like this, I should be happy right? I've always had trouble dealing with friends moving on or leaving right back to school it seems to set me panicking that I'll be alone.

Suzi
16-04-19, 09:23 AM
Well done for talking to people! That's a huge step forward!
Call ESA, I'm sure I read somewhere that it will stay paying if you are working under a certain hours and payment threshold...

Why do you automatically assume your friend will be leaving you now he is engaged?

Paula
16-04-19, 09:28 AM
Suzi’s right, under ESA, you should be allowed to do what’s called Permitted Work. If you working less than 16 hours per week and earning less than £131.50, you won’t lose your benefit (https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/employment-and-support-allowance/while-youre-getting-esa/working-while-getting-esa/).

All you need to do is complete the relevant form and submit to the job centre

john82
28-04-19, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the reply's sorry I'm late replying.

Been into work a few times since I last posted which made me feel good.

I wish I didn't feel bad about finding out my friends got engaged,I should be really happy for him it just sets me off panicking. I seem to struggle with friends leaving or moving on ever since school. He's already mentioned that he'll eventually move to live with her.

I'm going back to work on days a week Tuesday starting off on 2.5 hours a day. I'm nervous as it gets closer it'll just get worse,but I know it's something that'll hopefully get easier.

I've got counseling tomorrow I'm a bit worried as after the last session she hinted that it's near the end as my anxiety levels have come down,which worry's me as I'm still having bad day's and it feels like we haven't really touched on why I'm feeling suicidal,I fill the questions in at the start of the session and I always circle I'm feeling suicidal. Where do I go once the sessions stop?.

Suzi
29-04-19, 09:48 AM
Ask them what options there are for after this. What kind of counselling have you had? Have you told them your concerns?

john82
29-04-19, 07:48 PM
Ask them what options there are for after this. What kind of counselling have you had? Have you told them your concerns?

Had my session today only just seen this Ive got another appointment in 2 weeks.

Just talking and doing a daily diary. I might pluck up the courage to ring mind to see if there's anything local.

I'm quite anxious and nervous at the minute the closer it gets to returning to work.

Paula
29-04-19, 08:16 PM
Have you got a date for that yet?

john82
29-04-19, 10:42 PM
Have you got a date for that yet?

A week Tuesday

Suzi
29-04-19, 10:57 PM
Definitely call them and ask hun...

john82
01-05-19, 09:01 PM
Well the last 2 days have been hard I'm thinking more and more about returning to work and feeling very anxious and scared about it.

I've been trying to keep busy but in the evenings I tend to try and watch TV and that's when I feel down. Ive not exercises this week due to constantly feeling sick/worried about work.

Suzi
01-05-19, 10:02 PM
Are you eating? Drinking properly?
Do you think that building in a new hobby or something might help?

john82
01-05-19, 10:24 PM
Are you eating? Drinking properly?
Do you think that building in a new hobby or something might help?
I've no appetite to eat although I have had good throughout the day.

I'm not sure what to do last few nights have been rough,I can't seem to stop thinking about work

Paula
01-05-19, 11:04 PM
When was your last review with your GP?

john82
02-05-19, 12:46 AM
When was your last review with your GP?

My last review was almost 4 weeks ago,I've been fine things just seem to be getting worse the closer it gets to going back to work. I know the first day will be the worst and then it'll get easier but I can't seem to stop worrying.

I feel a bit better doubled up my meds which seemed to have helped. Im going to book an appointment with the doctor later today.

I don't think it's helped that the last few days I've been skipping doses every other day due to the side effects I can't walk my dog without my t-shirt being covered in sweat and it's only going to get worse with the summer approaching.

Suzi
02-05-19, 08:05 AM
You can't skip days. That isn't going to help at all. You have to take them at roughly the same time every day or each other day you are throwing your body into a sort of withdrawal... No wonder you are feeling more and more anxious!

Paula
02-05-19, 08:35 AM
John, if you’re going to do that you might as well not be taking them at all. There’s a reason they need to be take daily. If you can’t cope with the side effects, talk to your doctor. In the meantime, please take them as prescribed, you’re just making things worse for yourself otherwise

john82
02-05-19, 10:55 AM
John, if you’re going to do that you might as well not be taking them at all. There’s a reason they need to be take daily. If you can’t cope with the side effects, talk to your doctor. In the meantime, please take them as prescribed, you’re just making things worse for yourself otherwise

Thanks I understand.

I've spoke to the doctor before about it and he said it's a common side effect,only problem it just makes more more anxious and not want to go out

Suzi
02-05-19, 04:29 PM
But why take them if you aren't taking them properly? You are throwing your body into withdrawal every other day.

Paula
02-05-19, 04:53 PM
Which is why you need to talk to your doctor. If you can’t cope with the side effects, then maybe mirtazapine isn’t the right drug for you

john82
02-05-19, 04:55 PM
Which is why you need to talk to your doctor. If you can’t cope with the side effects, then maybe mirtazapine isn’t the right drug for you

That's the thing I switched from mirtazapine before Christmas onto Duciltia 30mg and then Duloxetine 60mg which is what I'm currently on.

Paula
02-05-19, 04:59 PM
Sorry (blush) . Then you need to talk about the duloxetine - you need to be on meds that work for you and so you need to speak to your doctor.....

Jaquaia
02-05-19, 05:00 PM
Same applies. If you can't cope with the side effects then go and speak to your GP. A lot of people find they have side effects with that AD, I lasted 2 weeks on it. ADs need to be taken correctly to reach therapeutic levels, if you're not taking them properly then you may as well be taking smarties for all the good they'll do

john82
02-05-19, 05:13 PM
I'll speak to the doctor, last time I mentioned it he said it was a common side effect and left it at that,hoping he can give me something to stop the sweating as that's the only bad side effect I've been getting.

I just didn't want to have to switch over tabs again

Suzi
02-05-19, 09:21 PM
But you can't carry on as you are, there's no point taking the meds if you aren't taking them properly...

john82
02-05-19, 10:53 PM
But you can't carry on as you are, there's no point taking the meds if you aren't taking them properly...

I agree going to book an appointment first thing.

Went into work tonight just to calm myself and my anxiety went through the roof and I was a complete mess,sat in the office with my manager crying etc I just feel a mess

Paula
02-05-19, 11:43 PM
Hunni, you’re struggling with anxiety because of the meds and you’re already anxious about returning to work. Maybe popping in isn’t the best thing for you right now

john82
03-05-19, 12:08 AM
Hunni, you’re struggling with anxiety because of the meds and you’re already anxious about returning to work. Maybe popping in isn’t the best thing for you right now

I'm meant to be returning to work Tuesday that's why I keep going in to try and calm myself down and get used to it again,thought it would help.

I'm going to book an emergency appointment tomorrow and I'll speak to the doctor again the meds and how I'm feeling quite bad at the minute.

Suzi
03-05-19, 08:46 AM
I'm really glad you're booking an appointment. I think it's the best plan. Will you let us know how you get on?

john82
03-05-19, 08:48 AM
I'm really glad you're booking an appointment. I think it's the best plan. Will you let us know how you get on?

Booked an appointment today but could only get a telephone appointment. I'll let you know what happens

john82
03-05-19, 11:00 AM
Booked an appointment today but could only get a telephone appointment. I'll let you know what happens

So i've just spoke to the doctor. I'm staying on the 60mg duloxetine he's also prescribing me a antiperspirant spray which he says should stop the sweating (i'm not convinced) He's also booked me in to see a doctor who specialises in mental health half way house to a psychiatrist ???

Suzi
03-05-19, 01:20 PM
That all sounds positive!
Are you going to take the meds every day? (Properly?)

john82
03-05-19, 06:37 PM
That all sounds positive!
Are you going to take the meds every day? (Properly?)
Yep I'll preserve as long as the other stuff stops the side effects I'll give it 4 weeks.

I'm now stressing about telling work that he's signed me off again and I told them my aim was to be back this Tuesday.

Paula
03-05-19, 08:57 PM
I’m glad you’ve been signed off, you are very obviously not well enough to return to work just yet

Suzi
03-05-19, 10:35 PM
How long has he signed you off for?

john82
03-05-19, 10:48 PM
How long has he signed you off for?

Another 4 weeks which won't go down well with work. At the moment I'm putting off telling them but it'll just build and make me more anxious until I do

I was in the office with 3 managers and they could see how I was so I'm hoping they'll kind of back me up

Suzi
04-05-19, 11:31 AM
Can you email them? Then you don't have to speak to anyone?

john82
04-05-19, 03:21 PM
Can you email them? Then you don't have to speak to anyone?

No I'll have to WhatsApp the boss and let him know

Paula
04-05-19, 03:51 PM
Then that’s what you should do

Mira
04-05-19, 03:58 PM
Yes indeed, what we want and what we can manage at time do not match at all. And right now you need to look after you. I know how it can make you feel letting work know how you feel and that you are signed off. But after you do that will be one less thing to worry about and you can take care of yourself.

Suzi
04-05-19, 07:12 PM
Have you managed to do that?

john82
04-05-19, 10:19 PM
Have you managed to do that?

Not yet I just tend to avoid it. I automatically worry about the worst outcome.

On the positive they can see I've made progress that was until Thursday which has knocked me a lot.

Suzi
05-05-19, 10:14 AM
The sooner you do it, the less it's going to be there getting harder and harder to do...

john82
05-05-19, 12:45 PM
The sooner you do it, the less it's going to be there getting harder and harder to do...

Yes but I'm just worried about what will come after

Paula
05-05-19, 12:54 PM
What do you think will come after?

Suzi
05-05-19, 01:35 PM
What is it that you're afraid of? What's the worst they can do?

john82
05-05-19, 02:44 PM
I'm obviously going to disappoint them as I was aiming to be back this coming week so I'm sure they'll use that against me.

There's going to be a point when they say enough.... I was told 1/2 months ago that if I was in the same position in 6 months time then they'd have to obviously take steps just worried they'll bring that forward.

Suzi
05-05-19, 05:10 PM
In what way are they going to "use it against" you? What steps could they take? Have you spoken to you your union rep or the CAB?

john82
05-05-19, 09:56 PM
Well I've sent the message

Hi been stressing about this since Friday.Had an emergency appointment with my doctor as I've been feeling really low and stressed I've been referred to a psychiatrist Dr who I'm seeing on friday.I've another sick note. Sorry to let you down.I'll keep you informed after my appointment Friday. Sorry

All I've had back from my manager is ok no worries the Dutta not replied.

I'm not in the Union in our workplace as they don't really have a lot of power.

They've offered for me to go back and do 1 hr or if I feel rough not to come in the following day,to be fair they've been really good its examples like Thursday night which scare me and put me off going back.That's what I'm expecting they'll say

Suzi
06-05-19, 07:44 AM
You've done well to send the message. Who is the "Dutta?" Your manager is right, it's OK. They can offer a phased return, but not whilst you are still signed off by a Dr. They can't overrule that. Imagine if they did - their insurance would be void, health and safety would have a field day! Really. You need to focus on getting you well now.

john82
16-05-19, 10:01 PM
Feeling kinda low tonight which seems to have come on from nowhere, so trying to keep busy,been thinking about work which seems to have set me off,apart from that I've been ok for most of the day.

It's been a while since I posted. I've seen another eoc at my practice (at least I think he's a Dr) who used to work with the crisis team he seemed nice he's prescribed propranolol 40mg X 2 a day.I'm due to see him again in a week as he wants to change my meds again I think he said venlafaxine in the morning and he wants to put me back on the mirtazapine for the evenings as my sleeping is terrible,however I mentioned I didn't want to go back on that med due to the horrible side effects I was getting mainly the brain zap sensations.

I mentioned I was worried about counselling ending and having no support but he told me the wellbeing was just the start and that there was plenty they could do psychologist was one.

He wanted me to go out more as I don't really leave the house only to walk my dog,he mentioned going to the cinema which I haven't done,explained I was worried about people from work seeing me out and about when I'm off sick.

Suzi
16-05-19, 10:09 PM
That sounds like a really, really positive appointment.

If you are off sick, it means you are off sick - not incarcerated. To get well you need to go out, you need to socialise and you need to follow the suggestions of your care team....

john82
16-05-19, 10:18 PM
That sounds like a really, really positive appointment.

If you are off sick, it means you are off sick - not incarcerated. To get well you need to go out, you need to socialise and you need to follow the suggestions of your care team....

Yes he's been in the same situation when he was describing how he felt at the time I sat there thinking this guy understands as the way he was feeling was almost the same.

Looking forward to seeing him again just a bit worried we'll clash over the mirtazapine.

Spoke to a few people on twitter last night after watching the nadiya anxiety documentary and was recommended the following book by Paul David At Last a Life so I've ordered that hopefully I have the patience to stick with it.

Paula
16-05-19, 10:37 PM
There’s no need to clash over the mirt, there may be alternatives. Actually, I was just writing the DWD Facebook post for Sunday and it is about comparing the different ADs so have a look at this from Mind, it might give you ideas to talk to him about

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/drugs-and-treatments/antidepressants/comparing-antidepressants/#.XN3R_orTWf0

john82
16-05-19, 11:35 PM
There’s no need to clash over the mirt, there may be alternatives. Actually, I was just writing the DWD Facebook post for Sunday and it is about comparing the different ADs so have a look at this from Mind, it might give you ideas to talk to him about

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/drugs-and-treatments/antidepressants/comparing-antidepressants/#.XN3R_orTWf0

Thanks

Suzi
17-05-19, 08:38 AM
I absolutely agree with Paula. He seems so positive for you and that he actually listens. There are so many options, but at the end of the day he can't make you take them if you don't want to.....

Flo
17-05-19, 09:48 AM
I couldn't agree more with suzi. Part of getting better includes going out and facing the world and doing the things you want to do...little by little, or as much as you can deal with. If you happen to be seen out by work colleagues or bosses and are questioned, then simply tell them you're out and about so that you can go back to work as soon as possible. My guess is though that they'll try and be as understanding as possible. Let's face it, who in their right mind would want to be at home feeling lousy? It certainly isn't because they have B all else to do is it? Where I live MIND have their own cafe and drop in sessions to accommodate everyone. It might be worth it to 'drop in' on one of them and make new friends.

john82
18-06-19, 10:45 PM
Thought I'd post an update.
I finally had enough of the side effects duloxitine was causing me so I spent 2 weeks at 30mg down from 60mg and then went cold turkey...

After going back to the doctor's for my appointment he's now put me on venlafaxine 75mg and he's hoping they don't cause me side effects,tbh I'm at the point now where I'm starting to think I'll be better off on no medication but I was willing to give these ago. I've currently been taking them for almost 2 weeks and apart from feeling really tired I'm still suffering with side effects Mainly sweating.

The doctor mentioned if these didn't work he's referring me to a CMHT.

Paula
18-06-19, 10:50 PM
I’ve been on venlafaxine (375 mg) for years. for me, yes if I miss or am late with a dose I feel awful (withdrawal is the worst of all ADs I’ve tried), but otherwise the side effects were minimal after the first few weeks

john82
18-06-19, 11:17 PM
I’ve been on venlafaxine (375 mg) for years. for me, yes if I miss or am late with a dose I feel awful (withdrawal is the worst of all ADs I’ve tried), but otherwise the side effects were minimal after the first few weeks

I found out my sister's on it as well.

The doctor said it could take over 2 weeks for the duloxitine to be out the system worst case 2 months....

Main problem is I'd like to go out without having to worry about my t-shirt getting soaked from sweating mainly my back area,which only started right back when I was on serotonin.

Doctor told me to take it in the morning as it tends to give people an energy boost and I'd struggle to sleep on it,although my sister takes it twice a day morning and night??

Suzi
19-06-19, 08:26 AM
My husband is now on Venlafaxine - again he had tiredness, but much less side effects than with any of the others. It's actually been a complete game changer for him and for all of us.

Jaquaia
19-06-19, 08:53 AM
There are 2 types of venlafaxine, a "normal" one and an extended release one. The "normal" one is 2 tablets

john82
19-07-19, 11:45 PM
Right I've been on Venlafaxine for about 6 weeks now.

I feel like my mood has improved quite a bit I went out for a meal last week with friends that's the first time I've been out socially in almost 18 months!

I'm still getting hot sweats, it feels like my body temperature is off that's the only side effect I'm still getting and it's still a big one Dr said venlafaxine shouldn't cause sweating although when you look online it's one of the side effects?

Suzi
20-07-19, 08:31 AM
Go back and talk to them, but if that's the only negative can you live with it?

Paula
20-07-19, 11:07 AM
I’m so chuffed you’re starting to feel the benefits :). Thing with side effects is they often reduce with time but talk to your doctor if you’re really struggling. It may be there’s something that could help

john82
20-07-19, 10:49 PM
The thing is I hate it, it makes me way more anxious.

Was helping my sister take down a wall today with my 65 year old dad and I was literally dripping where as my dad hasn't even broke into a sweat it's really embarrassing.

Thing is the mental health practitioner said it's quite common with anti depressants and if I was to come off them he couldn't help me anymore.

Plus I've already been on 4 different anti depressants and they all caused me to sweat a lot which makes me not want to go out

magie06
20-07-19, 11:45 PM
I've had that problem. It lasted ages for me I'm afraid. It was embarrassing as I teach crafts in a school once a week and by the time I was finished I would be very wet. The way I got over it, was to mention it to people before I started. Most are very understanding. I told them it was a side effect of my meds and they completely understood.
Try this and see what reaction you get. I'm sure like me you'll only find understanding.

john82
21-07-19, 12:34 AM
I'm hoping I can cope with it at work but it's in public where I struggle even walking the dog it's weird as when I'm doing weights it's nowhere near as bad in the garage.

Dreading the weather this week as it's going to be scorching

Jaquaia
21-07-19, 08:58 AM
Could it be anxiety related then? Rather than a side effect of the ad?

Suzi
21-07-19, 09:41 AM
I have it as part of one of my medical conditions - I just tell people that I have a broken thermostat. I've recently bought something called neat 3B Face saver gel which is meant to help. I've not really had chance to try it out properly yet, but it does seem to help..

john82
21-07-19, 10:51 AM
Could it be anxiety related then? Rather than a side effect of the ad?

I'm not sure all I know is that I never suffered with this until I started to take medication

Suzi
21-07-19, 11:20 AM
6 weeks and it's still not fully in your system - that can take up to 8 weeks. Do go and talk to your GP again if this is continuing. They might be able to suggest something?

john82
21-07-19, 06:30 PM
6 weeks and it's still not fully in your system - that can take up to 8 weeks. Do go and talk to your GP again if this is continuing. They might be able to suggest something?

Thing is I've been complaining about the side effect maybe a month or 2 after I first started to take the tabs all I got was it's just a common side effect.

I feel good ATM but I'm not going to continue to just put up with it I'll mention it again when I see the doc a week Friday I can guarantee he'll say it could be the duloxitine working its way out my system.

The thing I didn't like is him saying venlafaxine won't cause sweating when it's listed as a common side effect.

Its tricky I think I need some medication to help with my mood but not at the cost of feeling even more anxious and embarrassed.

Paula
21-07-19, 06:41 PM
If you don’t agree with the doctor, perhaps it’s worth seeing another one in the practice

john82
21-07-19, 07:00 PM
If you don’t agree with the doctor, perhaps it’s worth seeing another one in the practice

I've seen 1 doctor and then he referred me to a mental health practitioner who's worked with mind etc he's the one who's witched my meds to venlafaxine he said there's loads we can try but I'm beginning to think what's the point as everyone so far has caused this side effect.

It is like my internal body temperature has been raised since taking meds

Suzi
21-07-19, 10:46 PM
Definitely talk to them. I know I had to decide whether I wanted to live with pain or the meds side effects..... I chose to deal with the crappy side effects...

john82
21-07-19, 11:44 PM
Definitely talk to them. I know I had to decide whether I wanted to live with pain or the meds side effects..... I chose to deal with the crappy side effects...

Thanks for the replies I'm grateful for the advice

john82
01-08-19, 09:55 AM
Had a rough night last night ive woke up feeling sick and seem to be worrying and i cant quite work out why.

Had a good day yesterday managed to go out with friends for lunch and had a good afternoon and then this evening i started to worry and feel sick.

I'm due to see the doctor soon and that's been on my mind as to what i want to do as i leaning towards coming off the tabs as the side effects are just to much to handle

Paula
01-08-19, 10:53 AM
Remind me again what meds you’ve tried?

Suzi
01-08-19, 02:52 PM
What side effects are you dealing with?

john82
01-08-19, 05:22 PM
Remind me again what meds you’ve tried?

Sertraline 50mg

Sertraline 100mg

Mirtazapine 15mg

Duciltia 30mg

Duloxetine 60mg

May 2019

Duloxetine 30mg

June 2019

Venlafaxine

john82
01-08-19, 05:23 PM
What side effects are you dealing with?

Main one that's making me way more anxious is sweating the anti depressants seem to make me sweat loads

Suzi
01-08-19, 05:39 PM
That's a symptom I have with one of my conditions so I do understand how things can be - but if it's helping your mood then is it not worth persevering?

Paula
01-08-19, 06:29 PM
I know that seems a lot of meds but unfortunately it’s often the case that it takes multiple attempts to get it right. There are a lot of alternative meds available, any chance I could convince you to persevere?

john82
01-08-19, 08:00 PM
That's a symptom I have with one of my conditions so I do understand how things can be - but if it's helping your mood then is it not worth persevering?

Thing is I'm due to go back to work a week Monday and I'm really worried about the side effects.

I'm quite active exercise alot and since I've been on these tabs the slightest bit sets me off walking the dog etc so I'm really worried about work where it's physical,I can see myself panicking

I know that seems a lot of meds but unfortunately itÂ’s often the case that it takes multiple attempts to get it right. There are a lot of alternative meds available, any chance I could convince you to persevere?

I started taking CBD oil over a month ago so hoping maybe that'll help I'm currently sat here now feeling sick and panicking most likely about work even though I've been fine it seems to be the closer it gets the worse I do.

Thing is I knew it's going to take a while for the meds to come out of my system,I'll speak to the doctor about where I go from here

Paula
01-08-19, 08:22 PM
There are extra strong anti perspirants on the market - I had a similar problem years ago and they helped for me at the time. I used Perspirex but there are loads of others

john82
01-08-19, 08:26 PM
There are extra strong anti perspirants on the market - I had a similar problem years ago and they helped for me at the time. I used Perspirex but there are loads of others

Yep already tried I just want to go back to normal

Suzi
02-08-19, 10:52 AM
What meds have you tried - and for how long? Why did you stop each one?

john82
02-08-19, 11:15 AM
What meds have you tried - and for how long? Why did you stop each one?

Sertraline 50mg Upped due to not feeling anything Noticed sweating getting a lot worse

Sertraline 100mg Again stopped due to it feeling like it wasn't working (2-3 months)

Mirtazapine 15mg 1 month stopped due to really bad side effects (electric shock sensations,sluggish,dizzy spells,sweating)

Duciltia 30mg Stopped due to upping meds

Duloxetine 60mg I was on this the longest No other side effects apart from sweating a lot

May 2019

Duloxetine 30mg Reduced dosage to switch to another drug 4 weeks

June 2019

Venlafaxine This is what ive been on since June

Suzi
02-08-19, 12:15 PM
What meds were upped causing you to stopping those?

As it takes 6 - 8 weeks for each AD to fully get into your system and then the same time for each meds change and again to leave your system it does stand to reason that you do still have the duloxetine getting out of your system as well as the venlafexine getting into your system...

Paula
02-08-19, 01:50 PM
Personally, I was never on any of my ADs for less than 6 months before the doctor and I decided to try something else .....

john82
06-08-19, 01:28 PM
Spoke to the doctor yesterday my regular doctor is off sick mentioned I wasn't happy with the side effects and he's now prescribed me lofepramine (shake

Suzi
06-08-19, 04:19 PM
So you're switching or adding it in? I assume you'll be cutting down your current med if switching?

john82
06-08-19, 04:42 PM
So you're switching or adding it in? I assume you'll be cutting down your current med if switching?

As far as I know there to replace the venlafaxine I only had 1 tab left picked the new tabs up today I'm supposed to take 2 a day so I take it morning and night? Can't imagine all these med changes are doing me any good

Suzi
06-08-19, 04:47 PM
What dose venlafaxine are you on?

john82
06-08-19, 06:31 PM
I was on the lowest 75mg doctor didn't mention anything really just said try another tablet to see if it stops the side effects

Suzi
06-08-19, 07:10 PM
OK, just be aware that to start with you will have the new side effects and the side effects of the old one leaving your system....

What I don't understand is that if you are finding one beneficial for your mental health and the issue you have is sweating then why don't they prescribe you something to help with that?

john82
06-08-19, 09:36 PM
OK, just be aware that to start with you will have the new side effects and the side effects of the old one leaving your system....

What I don't understand is that if you are finding one beneficial for your mental health and the issue you have is sweating then why don't they prescribe you something to help with that?

Oh great more side effects. He did ask how I was I said I was feeling great atm the minute it's just that I couldn't cope with he sweating side effect anymore and was told that the venlafaxine wouldn't cause it but it does.

He just said it's because of the serotonin or something.

I'm seeing the regular doctor but not until the 23rd as hes sick then on holiday (wasntme)

I'd have thought they would have prescribed something for the sweating by now as that's all I keep moaning about. I've tried odaban which is fine for the top of my head but it's mainly my torso that's the problem.

I'll give these a go for a while and see how I get on if they do t work I'm not sure where I'm going to go from there

Suzi
06-08-19, 10:41 PM
Ask about something that combats the sweating. There are other options out there.

john82
08-08-19, 02:04 PM
Ask about something that combats the sweating. There are other options out there.

Well its the 3rd day and the sweating has defiantly got worse (sweat)

Suzi
08-08-19, 02:58 PM
I would expect that as one is leaving your system and one is getting into your system....

john82
08-08-19, 07:19 PM
I would expect that as one is leaving your system and one is getting into your system....

Yep i expected some withdrawal symptoms so far its constantly feeling sick,dizzy spells and sweating a lot.

I don't know who im more annoyed with myself or the regular doctor for calling in sick,I'll give them 2 weeks if im still feeling like crap i'm coming off all together and just sticking to the cbd oil

Suzi
08-08-19, 10:52 PM
Even doctors get ill love....

john82
08-08-19, 11:31 PM
Even doctors get ill love....

Haha I know. I'm going to call the doctor's in the morning as I'm feeling awful the symptoms are like when I stopped taking the tablets last time.

I've been told the doctor should have tapered me off venlafaxine as it's really hard to get off?

Suzi
09-08-19, 08:46 AM
I don't know about that personally. You do have both in your system, it is going to take time love...

john82
09-08-19, 07:19 PM
I don't know about that personally. You do have both in your system, it is going to take time love...

Hoping it doesn't take too long felt rough all day again its like ive got the flu constant hot/cold sweats.

No energy

Suzi
09-08-19, 08:28 PM
I'd see how you go over the weekend or so and if you aren't feeling any brighter then maybe give them a ring?

john82
09-08-19, 10:28 PM
I'd see how you go over the weekend or so and if you aren't feeling any brighter then maybe give them a ring?

Yes I was going to ring in the morning today but woke up feeling fine it gradually gets worse as the day goes on.

I'm in two minds if I manage to last over the weekend then surely it's a matter of time before I start to feel better.

More annoyed it's messing my workouts up

Suzi
10-08-19, 08:52 AM
How bad is it?

john82
10-08-19, 03:28 PM
Woke up feeling a bit better had a slight headache,walked the dog and I came back with my t-shirt soaked again hot/cold sweating.

Trying to eat something as I've felt sick since midday

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qu2rT9F7sHoia1EF9

Suzi
10-08-19, 04:30 PM
You do need to eat regularly on meds hun...
FWIW It's much hotter than it looks out there today! I was really hot and sweaty during the walk for Pride..

john82
12-08-19, 09:44 PM
Last 2 days have been better had daily headaches and the sickness has gradually eased.

Last 2 mornings I've had to cover my legs with the duvet as I was cold! Also I was actually cold when walking my dog Sunday! Fingers crossed (y).

I've still been taking the tabs the doctor prescribed but only 1 instead of 2 fluoxetine.

Paula
12-08-19, 09:53 PM
That’s really positive :)

Suzi
13-08-19, 12:30 AM
Why have you halved the dose of fluoxetine?

john82
13-08-19, 06:40 PM
Why have you halved the dose of fluoxetine?

I halved the dose as ideally id like to come off the tablets soon and figured it would be easier on a smaller dose. I'm sick of all the side effects i've been putting up with for over a year,it just makes more more paranoid and anxious about going out.

I've tried so many tablets now maybe anti-depressants aren't for me and i seem to be the only one getting the constant sweating from taking them,plus im due to start back work soon and i can't face the side effects.

I'm wondering if that's why im feeling sick around 4-7pm that's when i should take the 2nd tab or is that just a coincidence

Jaquaia
13-08-19, 06:45 PM
It probably is. Really you shouldn't come off a tablet without speaking to your GP.

Suzi
13-08-19, 07:44 PM
You really do need to talk to your Dr. Messing around with your doses is going to make everything so much harder on you. There are medications you can be given to try to stop the sweating.... You have options. Surely if it's working to help your mental health then that's the best thing?

john82
13-08-19, 07:45 PM
It probably is. Really you shouldn't come off a tablet without speaking to your GP.

I'm seeing the mental health guy on the 23rd I'm still on the tabs they gave me just half the dosage,I'll talk to him then he knows the situation he had to persuade me last time to try the venlafaxine and basically lied by saying these wouldn't cause sweating when it's one of the most common side effects.

The only thing I'm worried about is going back to work and feeling miserable again once Ive come off the tablets

Suzi
13-08-19, 07:57 PM
But you haven't given the meds long enough to get into your system - then you've changed the dose which will then take up to another 8 weeks, then if you're talking about stopping them then it's really going to make you feel so much worse. You aren't giving yourself a fair chance really....

john82
13-08-19, 08:05 PM
But you haven't given the meds long enough to get into your system - then you've changed the dose which will then take up to another 8 weeks, then if you're talking about stopping them then it's really going to make you feel so much worse. You aren't giving yourself a fair chance really....

I'm not being funny but I've been on about the sweating since last year and they've done nothing so I don't really hold out much hope they will now and if they do I'd be even more annoyed that they've let me suffer with it for this long.

The doctor changed me off venlafaxine because my regular Dr was sick these have then made me feel awful for the past week with withdrawal symptoms

Suzi
13-08-19, 09:20 PM
But have you asked them to prescribe something specific for the sweating?

john82
13-08-19, 09:28 PM
But have you asked them to prescribe something specific for the sweating?

Yep I've mentioned it every visit how it's making me not want to go out etc all they've done is change my meds constantly I don't think I've been on the same tablets for longer than 12 weeks.

They gave me odaban when it was cheaper to buy off Amazon I used that for about a month helped with my face etc but it's mainly my back and torso,i feel embarrassed talking about it now

Suzi
13-08-19, 09:41 PM
It really isn't anything to be embarrassed about.. Although I do understand...

john82
13-08-19, 09:54 PM
It really isn't anything to be embarrassed about.. Although I do understand...

I'm just getting abit stressed what with me going back to work a week today can already feel myself counting down the days and the anixety building even though I've worked there for 17 years it sounds daft,worrying I'll end up panicking and that will set everything off but I know it's something I need to do.

Suzi
13-08-19, 10:01 PM
It doesn't sound daft at all. Work obviously increases your anxiety... Is there any other ways around it?

john82
13-08-19, 10:17 PM
It doesn't sound daft at all. Work obviously increases your anxiety... Is there any other ways around it?

I don't think so. When I go in for meetings I often have a walk round and say hello to everyone to calm myself down and I'm fine but that's probably because I know I can escape and leave anytime.

I'm going bk on rehab hours so it won't be for long but hopefully it'll calm me down I need to just get the 1st day out the way,but I'm finding it hard to occupy myself at nighttime trying not to worry about it.

Girlfriends fast asleep as she works early shifts have spoken a little bit about how worried I'm getting etc all she says is you'll be fine,she's most likely right just me overthinking things

Suzi
14-08-19, 07:57 AM
OVerthinking goes with the territory if you're anything like my husband....

Paula
14-08-19, 12:24 PM
How are you doing today?

john82
14-08-19, 03:50 PM
How are you doing today?

I'm not too bad got soaked walking my dog earlier,nipped to see my mum and dad who are looking after my niece and nephew.

Aim tonight is to get bk in the garage and do weights although I'm starting to feel sick.

I've been trying to read Joshua Fletcher Anxiety: Panicking about Panic but I can't seem to stay focused and get easily distracted

Suzi
14-08-19, 07:58 PM
Could you be trying to read too much? If you're out of practise in reading then starting with smaller bits might be an easier way of doing it and would give you more of an achievement?

john82
14-08-19, 08:24 PM
Could you be trying to read too much? If you're out of practise in reading then starting with smaller bits might be an easier way of doing it and would give you more of an achievement?

Maybe tbh I've always found reading quite boring but it's something I wish I enjoyed and I know it'll benefit me. The only books ive read are the Game of thrones books and I loved them.

Managed to go in the garage tonight for 45 mins just a little session,now on comes the anixety at night trying to stay positive.

I was thinking earlier you always ask me how I'm doing how my days been etc but I never ask the same question to you? so have you had a good day?

Paula
14-08-19, 08:49 PM
Ow about audio books? My husband struggles with focussing on a book but enjoys listening to audio books.

Suzi
14-08-19, 09:45 PM
I agree, audio books are wonderful!

Thank you for asking. We're preparing for results day tomorrow ;)

john82
15-08-19, 10:56 PM
I agree, audio books are wonderful!

Thank you for asking. We're preparing for results day tomorrow ;)

How was results day?

Suzi
16-08-19, 08:52 AM
Good thanks! He got the grades he needed and is off to unni in a few weeks!

How are you doing?

john82
16-08-19, 06:32 PM
Good thanks! He got the grades he needed and is off to unni in a few weeks!

How are you doing?

That's great news!!

I'm not to bad a bit annoyed that im struggling to eat atm constantly feeling sick which is ruining my gym routine.

Going to look into seeing if i can get an audiobook later for the anxiety book ive got

Suzi
16-08-19, 10:36 PM
Thank you!

Try eating smaller amounts for a while, it might help?

john82
20-08-19, 09:49 PM
Made it to work today was going to do 2 hours but managed 3 I had a feel nervy situations but managed to get through it felt good spent most of the time chatting to people.

Now I'm feeling really anxious again pretty low mood wise(think) still struggling to eat even my favourite chocolates don't interest me atm

Paula
20-08-19, 09:52 PM
That’s awesome! Well done :)

Suzi
21-08-19, 08:54 AM
Well done for going in and having a good day.
Hope you've managed to eat properly...

john82
21-08-19, 09:05 PM
I'm trying to get back into a routine but it's tough went in again today I'm doing 4 days,worst bit was coming home and seeing my t-shirt which I had on under my uniform soaking wet,I've been finding it tiring more mentally constantly trying to stay calm etc

Suzi
22-08-19, 09:59 AM
If it was "only" your t shirt then that's not bad is it? Getting back into routines is really hard.
When is your next appointment with your GP?

john82
22-08-19, 05:27 PM
If it was "only" your t shirt then that's not bad is it? Getting back into routines is really hard.
When is your next appointment with your GP?

Next appointment is tomorrow.

I'm in two minds if i should tell him ive stopped taking the tablets as last time i mentioned i wanted to come off i was told if i did that then there'd be nothing more they could do :s

Same again today went in for 2 hours i hate it makes me more paranoid

Suzi
22-08-19, 05:34 PM
Hold on, if you've stopped the meds and you're still sweating then it's not the meds making you sweat is it?

john82
22-08-19, 06:17 PM
Hold on, if you've stopped the meds and you're still sweating then it's not the meds making you sweat is it?

I'm putting it down to withdrawl it never used to happen before i started taking AD's, worrying thing is the side effects can last weeks,months etc i was hoping once i stopped taking the tabs it would stop then i defiantly knew it was because of the meds also doesnt help that ive been on 7 different types which has probably messed my body up for a long time

Paula
22-08-19, 06:53 PM
How long has it been since you stopped the meds?

john82
22-08-19, 07:02 PM
How long has it been since you stopped the meds?

Stopped venlafaxine on the 5th I then got new tabs
Lofepramine and I was supposed to take 2 a day but started on 1 then began to half them haven't taken a tab since roughly last weds.

I really hope it's due to the tabs as it's really getting me down now feel good for going to work but feel so down worrying the side effects will go away.Also worried that now I'm back work will start to push my hours up they've been great so far so it's probably me just thinking the worse

Suzi
22-08-19, 07:08 PM
You've not really tried the lofepramine at all, so you don't know if it would have the same issues that you're worried about...

john82
22-08-19, 07:18 PM
You've not really tried the lofepramine at all, so you don't know if it would have the same issues that you're worried about...

I know but at that point I'd had enough,the withdrawal from venlafaxine was the tipping point that's when I realised how bad my body had got. I'm sick of changing meds and how rubbish they make me feel for a week or two only to be changed again 6 weeks later.

Suzi
22-08-19, 07:28 PM
It isn't always like that though. I know it can be a struggle to find the right one for you, but it can make so much difference. But I really think whatever you decide you should be honest with your GP.

magie06
22-08-19, 07:57 PM
I've been on various anti-d's over the years. I've had ect, and been hospitalised more than once since my diagnosis. Over perspiring is a side effect that I suffer from, but I would much rather put up with that than have to be in hospital again.
Today, I was in an amusement arcade, and the temperature didn't get over 15 degrees all day. I could literally wring out my tee shirt while I was in the bathroom, just from walking around and playing a few games. My hair was dripping wet and I was really uncomfortable. But I did it, had a shower and changed my clothes when I got home. It was worth it, and far better than the alternative.

Suzi
22-08-19, 09:36 PM
I'm the same as you Magie.....

Paula
23-08-19, 10:00 AM
Hunni, everybody struggles with venlafaxine withdrawal - regardless of how long they’ve been on it or how many other meds they’ve been on. It’s a horrible drug to come off and has nothing to do with how many ADs you’ve been on over the years.

I will say, though, that 6 weeks is not normally considered long enough to allow an AD to start helping ....

john82
06-09-19, 06:54 PM
Little update i've been off Ad's for over 3 weeks and surprise surprise the sweating has stopped (smirk) (party) only trouble is my moods suffering (no surprise)

Saw the Mental health practitioner today where i mentioned since coming off the AD's the side effects have stopped to which he had no answer (think)

I've since had an appointment come through to see a psychiatrist who will assess me.

I've been back work 3 weeks now although ive had a few days which were a struggle trying to stay positive but im a little anxious about the meeting and assessment now

Suzi
07-09-19, 07:40 AM
Glad the sweating has stopped. When is the appointment for the psych?
Overall, how is work going?

john82
19-11-19, 12:36 AM
Been a while thought I'd write an update.

My appointment isn't until December not sure what to expect, I'm a little nervous mainly cause I don't want to be back in that position it's been tough the last 2 weeks it's as if I can feel I'm struggling and my moods going downwards again constantly trying to remain positive etc.

I'm not on any meds at the mo I was taking cbd oil but I went away for a week and left them at home so I'm trying to restart that.

Works been good although ive been off for a week and I'm trying to get my mind back into work but it's really hard, don't feel like doing anything.

Hope you've all been okay

Suzi
19-11-19, 10:13 AM
Lovely to see you. How come you've been off for a week?

john82
19-11-19, 09:43 PM
Lovely to see you. How come you've been off for a week?

We went away for a week in Wales.

Suzi
19-11-19, 09:58 PM
OO I love Wales.

john82
19-12-19, 03:30 PM
Had a meeting with a psychiatrist the other day all he can offer me as i told him i was still mainly struggling with my moods being up & low was the following

Agomelatine (which worrys me as i need liver test every so often)

Vortioxetine

and for anxiety

Buspirone

I'm very anxious about going bk on the meds due to the side effects i was getting.Hes assured me these wouldnt cause the same side effects and they'd be no problem coming off the meds if they didn't agree ???

Suzi
19-12-19, 03:33 PM
We've had a fair few members on those or some of those. They do seem to help.

Paula
20-12-19, 11:17 AM
Buspirone is very effective for anxiety

john82
21-12-19, 11:00 PM
Yeah I've been looking into them the only thing that puts me off is the people saying it's causes weight gain.

I seem to be struggling alot at the moment with work issues with my pay and esa stopping my money due to work etc. Spoke to my boss today he said I'm v lucky as I should be back up to working full time hours by now which hasn't helped.

Paula
22-12-19, 09:17 AM
Charming, and possibly an illegal thing to say under disability regulations?? Yes, buspirone causes weight gain but, for me, it meant I could cope better with life. And that was far more important for me.

Suzi
22-12-19, 09:37 AM
I think you should talk to your union about comments like that!

john82
22-12-19, 12:50 PM
Union won't do anything plus he's my line manager so I need to stay friendly or he'll make work hell,plus they've been overpaying me for months which I'm still trying to sort out.

The guy I saw the other day told me not to increase my hours as I was struggling, but my esa was due to run out in Jan and I don't think I qualify for anymore support so I'm stuck atm.

I'm open to going back on meds but nothing which I'd become dependent on as it was horrible withdrawing last time.

Suzi
22-12-19, 03:36 PM
You can always reapply for ESA?

john82
22-12-19, 04:09 PM
I didn't think you got it past 12 months? I'm sure they'll be some reason I don't qualify partner working full time etc

Paula
22-12-19, 09:03 PM
There are different types of esa - one is income related and one is support based. I’ve been on support based for years, my husband works full time and I wouldn’t be eligible for income based. Talk to someone (eg citizens advice), hun, and figure out what you can do

john82
22-12-19, 10:47 PM
There are different types of esa - one is income related and one is support based. I’ve been on support based for years, my husband works full time and I wouldn’t be eligible for income based. Talk to someone (eg citizens advice), hun, and figure out what you can do

Ive got a meeting with the job centre soon as the esa I was on ends soon.

Another horrible night at work got pulled in the office questioned about when I'm upping my hours as I cant stay on 3.5 a day.,we've bent over backwards to help you we could have sacked you for being off for so long etc. We'll have a chat about your hours in January. I was so annoyed felt sick all evening afterwards I know I need to up my hours the reason there low is because I'm struggling told them this and the consultant physiatrist advised me not to increase them.

My heads all over the place at the moment

Suzi
22-12-19, 10:53 PM
You know that's not actually allowed to put pressure on you....

john82
22-12-19, 11:04 PM
You know that's not actually allowed to put pressure on you....

Apparently

Suzi
23-12-19, 10:45 AM
I really think you should get some advice on this...

john82
23-12-19, 03:53 PM
I really think you should get some advice on this...

I know but unsure who to ask there is a union at work but if I involve them it'll just get there backs up more

Paula
23-12-19, 04:34 PM
Citizens advice will help

Suzi
23-12-19, 06:46 PM
You are entitled to union support. They should be able to support you totally with this.

john82
23-12-19, 07:53 PM
Thanks I'm going to give them a call.

I'm hoping the doctors is open 2mos as I'm really struggling atm heads all over the place constantly feeling sick with worry.

john82
23-12-19, 07:54 PM
I've got daft thoughts in my head again just been out walking my dog wishing I could just disappear

Paula
23-12-19, 09:34 PM
Breathe, hunni. Is there anyone who could sit with you and just talk for a while tonight? Could you call the Samaritans?

Mira
23-12-19, 09:39 PM
I think Paula made some good suggestions. Maybe you could contact somebody. Being alone is not the best right now.

john82
23-12-19, 09:53 PM
I'm with my girlfriend at the moment but struggle to talk to her.

I've calmed down a bit I'm definitely going to call the doctors tomorrow if it's open.

I really don't feel like going into work but worried if I call in sick it'll be a perfect excuse to get rid of me.