PDA

View Full Version : Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Suzi
10-08-21, 06:37 PM
Why do you think you need an autism assessment? That has to go via the GP too.
What is the Dr you are seeing on Friday for?

You can always look around at other jobs which are available and see if there is anything that you could try for?

john82
10-08-21, 07:17 PM
Why do you think you need an autism assessment? That has to go via the GP too.
What is the Dr you are seeing on Friday for?

You can always look around at other jobs which are available and see if there is anything that you could try for?

It's my psychiatrist who's calling as I rang them today to tell them I'm struggling and I'm due a review.

I've had a few people mention it to me & cpn, as I've some of the symptoms can't cope with change I need repetition, struggle communicating to people gf done a few tests with me online that's all. I just want to get to the bottom of it tbh and if that's one of the things I get diagnosed with I'm hoping it helps working out a few things which puzzle me.

Does that sound silly? Clutching at straws?

I wouldn't feel like I could cope doing anything else like I said I've stuck with this job 20 years it's the only thing I've done, plus it stresses me out about new places etc out my comfort zone.

Also a few other things spoke to my mum etc I tend to shut down when I can't cope stop talking etc struggle with loud noises busy places.

Get obsessed with things.

I've always had bad anxiety according to my mum.

I don't know most likely sounds stupid.

Suzi
10-08-21, 08:32 PM
Glad you have got that support from your psychiatrist lovely..

Definitely talk to your GP about the assessment...

john82
10-08-21, 08:54 PM
Glad you have got that support from your psychiatrist lovely..

Definitely talk to your GP about the assessment...

I'm just worried they'll start messing with my medication again.

I keep telling myself that going through all this must surely be making me stronger!

I still haven't registered at my new gps

Suzi
10-08-21, 09:28 PM
You need to register... Can you make that a priority?

Paula
10-08-21, 09:48 PM
Please, please register. I did mine online so didn’t have to cope with phone calls….

john82
10-08-21, 10:31 PM
I've filled the forms in just haven't plucked up the courage to go down there as its all new. I've also constantly been reading the reviews about the surgery and that hasn't helped.

I need to show them a photographic form of ID (such as a passport or driving license) and proof of your home address (such as a recent bank statement or utility bill).

Suzi
11-08-21, 09:04 AM
Please do go down and do it. If you want an assessment for ASD then you need to do this.

john82
11-08-21, 09:59 AM
Please do go down and do it. If you want an assessment for ASD then you need to do this.

Had a rubbish night's sleep awake till 5:30am couldn't switch off constantly worrying about work, which I've got tonight I really don't want to go but I know what happens if I don't ill go backwards.

Finally managed to get a couple of hours and had some nice dreams then bang it hits you so fast anxiety starts worrying, panicking feeling sad and you can't switch it off. It's as if my dog knows as she's been sleeping next to me all night and keeps coming up to me, as if to check.

Paula
11-08-21, 10:21 AM
Does your dog help you?
Please sort out your go asap

john82
11-08-21, 12:38 PM
Does your dog help you?
Please sort out your go asap

Yes my dog helps me no end, she's definitely one of the reasons I'm still around.

https://pasteboard.co/KfnULNU.jpg

Suzi
11-08-21, 03:34 PM
What kind of dog do you have?

Have you managed to get your forms to the Dr?

john82
11-08-21, 06:31 PM
What kind of dog do you have?

Have you managed to get your forms to the Dr?

A cockapoo she's 5 years old called Bella.

No not yet been stressing about work all day I'm supposed to go in at 9pm but I'm going in early as all the sitting around is stressing me out more I'd rather just get in now.

Suzi
11-08-21, 08:53 PM
She sounds lovely!
Did you manage to get to work?

john82
11-08-21, 10:48 PM
She sounds lovely!
Did you manage to get to work?

Yes she's great I was always a cat person but my gf kep pushing for a dog once we moved in, I'm glad we did although she can be a handful (nod) definitely more spa iel in her than poodle so she likes to chase & hunt.

Yes I've just got back from work went in just before 7pm do 3 & half hours was worried my manager wouldn't be happy but she had a chat with me and said if I'm stressing at home then come in early and crack on if it helps so that's a relief.

Paula
11-08-21, 11:43 PM
Well done for talking to your boss :)

john82
12-08-21, 12:36 AM
Well done for talking to your boss :)

It was a bit embarrassing tbh I was trying to hold back the tears and telling her how this weekend has been really tough. I don't know what's going on I've never been one to cry but the past few years I seem to start crying at the slightest things cause I'm so fed up feeling so low.

Suzi
12-08-21, 10:07 AM
Well done for talking to your boss, that's really brilliant...

john82
12-08-21, 10:25 PM
Managed to go in work today but did 2 & half hours as I couldn't settle down and just needed to get out.

I've the psychiatrist calling tomorrow so I'm abit anxious about what he'll say regarding my medication after all the trouble I've had trying to find one which doesn't give me side effects.

Also I was on ESA as my ssp ran out and I cancelled it before going back to work but as my hours aren't going up can I reapply?

Working while you claim
You can usually work while you are claiming ESA if both of the following apply:

you work less than 16 hours a week
you do not earn more than £143 a week
Tell Jobcentre Plus about your work when you make a claim

Paula
13-08-21, 08:32 AM
You should be able to reapply, dependent on how much you earn - perhaps talk to CAB if you’re not sure

Suzi
13-08-21, 08:59 AM
I agree, you should be able to reapply...

john82
13-08-21, 03:25 PM
So after waking up being hit with anxiety again, spoke to the psychiatrist who wants me to start taking the Aripiprazole 5mg with my current medication but that means I'll need an ecg and blood tests?

Sorted out my ESA claim and got a backdated fit note from the old Dr's and then got dragged down to the new Dr's with my gf and i finally registered there,so that should hopefully all be sorted out the Dr told me not to do more than 2-3 hrs I told her work aren't pressuring me etc.

Suzi
13-08-21, 03:51 PM
Well done for getting registered! That's really a huge thing!
Have you told your new dr that you need those additional tests before being given the prescription? Or is the psych going to be ordering the tests and prescribing?

john82
13-08-21, 05:32 PM
Well done for getting registered! That's really a huge thing!
Have you told your new dr that you need those additional tests before being given the prescription? Or is the psych going to be ordering the tests and prescribing?

It was just the receptionist I spoke to whilst registering.

The psychiatrist told me if I take the new tabs to let them know a week before they run out so they can arrange a test and sort out a prescription. He wasn't great tbh told him I've been struggling but said he couldn't help with cpn.

Suzi
13-08-21, 05:58 PM
The cpn isn't something in the control of the psych. That would be down to your local CMHT (Community Mental Health Trust). You should be able to contact them directly or through your GP. What's the problem with them?

john82
13-08-21, 07:04 PM
The cpn isn't something in the control of the psych. That would be down to your local CMHT (Community Mental Health Trust). You should be able to contact them directly or through your GP. What's the problem with them?

After I tried to book cbt the other day the duty lady I spoke to said I should be able to see whereabouts I am on the list.

Suzi
13-08-21, 09:55 PM
But that isn't something the psych can do normally. It needs to be done by either calling the CMHT or to get your Drs to chase it up.

john82
14-08-21, 12:29 AM
But that isn't something the psych can do normally. It needs to be done by either calling the CMHT or to get your Drs to chase it up.

I called the CMHT but they just put me through to the psych secretary (think).

The psychiatrist is sending me out an autism test or paperwork.

I got alot of things done today that have been on my mind,now to try and relax until I'm back work next week but that'll be hard.

Before I left tonight an old driver came into store and we chatted for around 20 mins not seen him for years he gave me his number and told me to message or call him anytime during the night which was nice.

Paula
14-08-21, 07:59 AM
That was nice, and very kind :)

Suzi
14-08-21, 10:27 AM
That was really lovely!
Glad you're getting some paperwork to look into the ASD.

john82
23-08-21, 10:20 AM
Just a few things had the psychiatrist letter again about the review we had the other week and he's done the same thing as last time when I mentioned negative thoughts etc he's put I'm fine and not experiencing any.

Last week had been tough struggling to sleep at the moment, having alot of bad dreams waking up in the night covered in sweat (sweat).

Been exercising more but my left arm has started to hurt again and I'm not due to go to the hospital until Oct.

Hope everybody's ok.

Paula
23-08-21, 10:22 AM
I found this article re sleep problems for my ‘other’ job. May be worth a read

https://www.facebook.com/100069975195896/posts/131648512510988/

Suzi
23-08-21, 10:41 AM
Call his secretary and tell them about the discrepancy. Tell them that it's really important that the letters correlate to what is said as you need it for "proof" for the DWP...

john82
23-08-21, 05:52 PM
Call his secretary and tell them about the discrepancy. Tell them that it's really important that the letters correlate to what is said as you need it for "proof" for the DWP...

I will do tomorrow this is the 2nd time he's put that tbh I don't even think he asked me I'm not too sure now.

Ended up napping this afternoon not feeling too good managed to start painting the spare room, was going to exercise in the garage tonight but I'm too tired from the past 3 nights not being able to sleep much.

I'm also getting fed up on these tablets, thought it was my anxiety going back work causing me to sweat alot but I cant even paint the spare room without starting to drip! Trouble is my next review isn't for another 4 months now.

Suzi
23-08-21, 07:00 PM
You can always call and ask for a review sooner....

john82
24-08-21, 11:37 AM
So I spoke to the Dr's receptionist this morning and mentioned the care plan letter also mentioned this is the 2nd time I've had to call about this, she told me I'd most likely get a call when he's back off leave. I doubt he'll call back to be honest.

Suzi
24-08-21, 11:59 AM
Well done for calling! Do you know when he's back from leave? If you don't get a call, you can always chase it up again.

john82
24-08-21, 12:17 PM
I didn't ask when he was back. I didn't expect her to say he'll call again as I ask if they could just change the letter that I received but she said they can't, maybe he has to go through it again but gives me the chance to mention side effects in having.

Suzi
24-08-21, 07:14 PM
Definitely. Maybe call her back and ask when he will be in?

john82
24-08-21, 11:00 PM
Just wondered if anyone's had a genesight test done? It seems to be mainly Americans on the AD fb page I use.

Getting abit desperate now with tablets.

Suzi
25-08-21, 09:38 AM
Never heard of it lol Definitely not something my husband has had...

john82
25-08-21, 11:09 AM
Never heard of it lol Definitely not something my husband has had...

I think its where they work out (not sure how) which AD are green for you and may suit you, like I said I think it's an American thing.

Not took my vortioxetine for 2 days now seeing if it stops the side effects

Strugglingmum
25-08-21, 11:32 AM
Do you think its wise to just stop it like that? I know side effects are a nightmare but I'm worried your mood will plummet more.

Suzi
25-08-21, 12:00 PM
Why on earth would you just stop? You know that just stopping AD's is never a good idea. Your mental health is far from stable.....

john82
25-08-21, 12:30 PM
I just thought I'd see if the side effects stopped or if it was my anxiety that was causing it.

To be honest my moods been up & down most of the time anyway so I'm beginning to wonder what there actually doing.

Suzi
25-08-21, 01:15 PM
You seem far more stable when you are taking them.... Did you tell anyone or just stop? Please speak to someone involved in your care.... I'm very concerned about your actions.

Strugglingmum
25-08-21, 02:37 PM
Ok, I've thought about whether to say this or not but it was something that helped me once I realised it.

1. I can honestly say that it took me a long time to realise that I was actually better on ADs and that they did help me. I think it is only looking back I can truly see the difference in taking meds regularly as prescribed. I think that is partly due to my 2nd point

2. I wish someone had told me earlier on that i had unrealistic expectations of what ADs would do for me. They are not happy pills, i won't suddenly wake up some day and be happy because of them. They are there to help ease the symptoms enough for me to be able to put in the hard work and effort that recovery requires. Pills alone are not a cure, it's all the other stuff we do to look after us and break the viscous cycle of depression that are the real cure. Sometimes we need the pills to help us get to the stage where we can function enough to be able to do all the other stuff that is the real life change.

You seem to be able to function a bit better on meds which in turn helps you be able to do the important work of breaking the cycle. Please dont mess with your meds, if you are not happy with them talk to a nurse or doctor for advice and support.

Suzi
25-08-21, 04:05 PM
SM that's a brilliant post.

john82
25-08-21, 11:31 PM
I've taken my tablet this evening.

Had a rubbish evening at work, one of the team leaders who I haven't seen for 4 weeks came to speak to me and he immediately started saying stuff like so we need to start seeing you trying and upping your hours etc as you know what'll happen.

I'm fuming, fed up, angry, worried etc

Went to speak to him again after I'd finished and he apologised, said he wasn't aware that the main boss told me a few times over the past few weeks that if it takes 6 months - a year there's no pressure or rush and the priority is to just keep coming in at the moment.

I just can't seem to cope with things at the minute and it feels like I'm out my depth just doing a few hours.

Come home and spoke to my partner about it as its set me off thinking I'm worthless.

Suzi
26-08-21, 08:52 AM
Well done for going to speak to them about it there and then. That's not something you would have managed a while ago.
Do remember though that you stopping your meds will make things worse now, but also that it takes 4 - 8 weeks to get back to therapeutic levels again.

Paula
26-08-21, 09:15 AM
The message has got through at work, love, so try to focus on doing what you can right now and try not to borrow trouble

john82
26-08-21, 10:17 PM
I'm going to start taking the Aripiprazole 5mg tomorrow I'm going to half the tablets to begin with and see if they help give me a boost.

Bit disappointed boss said she'd speak to me first thing after last night but she was busy, she did speak to me but said she'd catch me later but I went in early so ended up just going home.

Suzi
27-08-21, 09:05 AM
It takes between 4 - 8 weeks for any anti depressant to get into your system properly. Nothing is going to work in 2 weeks love. They may not "give you a boost" but might just make things more stable......

Why didn't you stay for your shift?

Paula
27-08-21, 09:49 AM
Did the doctor suggest halving the tablets?

john82
27-08-21, 11:23 AM
I did my shift I just ended up going in earlier as friends said it was busy and they could do with me coming in asap.

No he didn't say half the tablets but I'm just worried about taking something new as I always seem to have side effects,so thought I'd start off slow and see if they affect me.

Paula
27-08-21, 12:40 PM
Please talk to your doctor first, there are often reasons for them not halving tablets - mainly that you can’t be sure of the dose you’re taking and it could change from day to day dependant on how you halve them itms

Suzi
27-08-21, 01:48 PM
Definitely talk to your Dr... Please?

john82
31-08-21, 10:57 PM
Had a good evening Friday spoke to the new store manager and seemed nice she told me to continue to do twilight shifts for now and if I needed any support to let her know.It was nice to finished the end of the week feeling good considering how it started.

I'm getting really nervous about going in again tomorrow after what happened last week I'm constantly anxious now.

I haven't started the Aripiprazole as I'm a bit scared tbh.

I've got a review with the psychiatrist but it's not till the end of September,also got my autism forms to fill in, so I filled them in with my partner and her mum & dad helping and giving there views with what they've seen. Some of the past & present behaviours I couldn't really fill in as it goes right back to being a baby,so we just filled in what I could.

Hopefully try and get back in the garage tomorrow as lately I just feel a bit deflated.

Hope everyone's okay

Paula
01-09-21, 06:54 AM
What are you scared about?

Suzi
01-09-21, 08:20 AM
So glad your manager seems lovely and understanding.
I agree, what are you scared of for going back in or starting the meds?
What's in the garage that you want to get back to?

Strugglingmum
01-09-21, 11:23 AM
I'm glad last week finished well. That is a positive.

john82
01-09-21, 12:05 PM
I'm just worried as its a new medication and I'm scared of possible side effects and I'd then have to have tests at the Dr's to make sure I'm ok.

Worried about work after what happened last week and wondering if it's going to happen again, and am I taking the mick only doing 3 hrs? Like I explained to the manager I'm just trying to get comfortable back there but I'm struggling with loosing everyone.

My garage is my gym, weights, treadmill etc lately I've lost motivation after worrying about work etc it just seems to derail me.

Suzi
01-09-21, 08:55 PM
What tests at the Drs are you worried about?
This is, if you don't try it you wont know if it could be the medication that helps massively......
I'm sure your manager doesn't think you are taking the mick at all lovely. Start small and work up when you are ready - a mighty oak tree comes from the smallest acorn and all that....

john82
03-09-21, 09:26 PM
What tests at the Drs are you worried about?
This is, if you don't try it you wont know if it could be the medication that helps massively......
I'm sure your manager doesn't think you are taking the mick at all lovely. Start small and work up when you are ready - a mighty oak tree comes from the smallest acorn and all that....

Sorry for the delay had to take a few lateral flow tests and they've come back positive woke up this morning feeling really rough, think I've caught it from my patterns parents as they've both tested positive today.

So I've had to isolate for 10 days as I'm not jabbed and I'm waiting for a pcr test to arrive.

I think the psychiatrist said I'd need an ecg and bloods maybe? It just puts me off as its another thing that's out my comfort zone.

Suzi
03-09-21, 10:34 PM
Oh no, sorry that you've tested positive. Hope that you don't get it badly lovely.
Can I ask why you haven't had the vaccine?
ECG and bloods are standard for so many things now love, they are just being overly cautious...

john82
03-09-21, 11:24 PM
Oh no, sorry that you've tested positive. Hope that you don't get it badly lovely.
Can I ask why you haven't had the vaccine?
ECG and bloods are standard for so many things now love, they are just being overly cautious...

Ive not had the vaccine due to what I was going through struggling to go out etc getting back to work, also I've read too much into it so decided not to get it as I was worried about side effects etc and if I really needed it.

I'm okay just feels like a bad cold atm waiting for my pcr test to arrive tomorrow

Suzi
04-09-21, 10:20 AM
Oh, we were all very desperate to get the vaccine - I think it's different when you've been shielding... Even my needle phobics wanted to get the vaccine to be able to protect me and to then be able to get back out there......

john82
08-09-21, 09:30 PM
So I'm almost a week into isolating and I'm struggling, finding it tough staying in not being able to go out.

Lost my taste & smell, constant headaches hardly eating, and I'm still worrying about work.

Suzi
08-09-21, 10:05 PM
Sorry you're feeling so bad.

Don't worry about work, they have to be understanding with this.

Paula
08-09-21, 10:14 PM
(panda)

john82
08-09-21, 10:41 PM
I'm just quite down atm I know you'll moan but I've not takien my tabs for the past 4 days due to feeling so rough this is the first night tonight.

Mrs has it as well although she's had 1 jab she's still bad. This afternoon we spent watching on the buses (rofl)

My mum popped some shopping into the garden which has helped although we seem to be going through Paracetamol & ibuprofens very quickly

Suzi
09-09-21, 09:01 AM
Why on earth would you not take your anti d? You do know how they work don't you? You can't just take one and think it's going to work on that day. It takes 4 - 8 weeks for them to get into your system properly. Each change in dose takes the same time again to be adjusted. You are going to feel worse for stopping and starting. It's just pointless to not take them properly. This just makes me so annoyed to be honest. You've been given so many things to help and yet you don't seem to be doing the basic things that can help to get you stable/brighter. You have had issues with the CMHT so switched your phone off when they didn't call when you were expecting, you put off registering for a GP, you don't take your meds properly.... I really don't know how you are expecting to get better if you don't help yourself.

john82
09-09-21, 01:39 PM
Why on earth would you not take your anti d? You do know how they work don't you? You can't just take one and think it's going to work on that day. It takes 4 - 8 weeks for them to get into your system properly. Each change in dose takes the same time again to be adjusted. You are going to feel worse for stopping and starting. It's just pointless to not take them properly. This just makes me so annoyed to be honest. You've been given so many things to help and yet you don't seem to be doing the basic things that can help to get you stable/brighter. You have had issues with the CMHT so switched your phone off when they didn't call when you were expecting, you put off registering for a GP, you don't take your meds properly.... I really don't know how you are expecting to get better if you don't help yourself.

Well maybe if you've tested positive then you'll know how crap it makes you feel! Like I said I've not even been eating.

I put off registering for the gp and why was that again?? Seems like I've been wasting my time on here tbh.

And people are very quick to judge

Paula
09-09-21, 01:55 PM
I haven’t had covid but I had flu a few weeks ago. It was awful and I couldn’t move for days. Yet the one thing I made sure I did was take my meds. Why? Because I knew if I didn’t, I’d go into withdrawal and would feel a thousand times worse.

As for judging. No one here has ever judged you in the 3+ years you’ve been a member. What we try to help you understand, though, is that you need to be proactive with your treatment, medication, self care and with your medical team - otherwise you won’t be any further forward in 3 years time than you are now and was 3 years ago. I know you want to get better, but you’re not allowing yourself the chance to when you do things like not take your meds for 4 days

Suzi
09-09-21, 01:59 PM
Well maybe if you've tested positive then you'll know how crap it makes you feel! Like I said I've not even been eating.

I put off registering for the gp and why was that again?? Seems like I've been wasting my time on here tbh.

And people are very quick to judge

Quick to judge? Me? You've been a member for over 3 years!

As I said, I'm sorry you aren't feeling well, but you HAVE to take your meds. You seem to just not take them properly even when you don't have covid..

Wasting your time on here? That's your opinion, but as with everything you only get out of something what you put into it.... You've made 351 posts in that time.... We listen, we support, but you have to be here and engage.....

Strugglingmum
09-09-21, 03:32 PM
Hi John, I'm sorry you've been poorly with Covid, I've watched loved ones suffer with it and it's not pleasant at all.
I'm sorry you feel judged, you joined here just before me and I know at times I haven't liked the obvious being pointed out to me...... but I needed to hear it. At times we feel misunderstood or 'picked on' but I promise you it's all just to support and encourage you towards recovery.
Recovery IS possible but it takes so much more than popping my tablets just when I feel like it, and I know you know that, you dont need us to tell you but sometimes we need a reminder to keep fighting and doing the right thing

Stella180
09-09-21, 05:03 PM
Quick to judge??? You are having a laugh right. Maybe you should look back through this thread and actually see how supportive people have been. Everyone else around here are incredibly understanding and you now accuse them of being judgmental? Maybe it’s you being selfish and ungrateful for all the advise you’ve been given (and ignored) and not bothered to give anything back. We all have similar struggles and dispute members taking the time to read your posts and reply, I don’t see you engaging with other threads. Maybe it’s time for you to take a step back, take onboard the information you have been given and start doing something to help yourself to get better. If you don’t wanna help self there’s nothing any one else can do for you.

john82
09-09-21, 07:02 PM
Wow had to login to repost true colours being shown now aren't they!! and this is a support forum !! Like i said i hope you never get covid then maybe you wouldn't be so quick to judge!

I've been extremely grateful for the advice on here, also im sorry i don't contribute much in other posts i'm no expert! it seems i don't offer much to the group

Feel free to delete the thread it doesn't look to kind tbh! and i dont need to be made to feel any worse than i already do!

Jaquaia
09-09-21, 07:33 PM
No one has judged you. You frequently complain about meds but then don't take them correctly. Do you realise that non-compliance is enough of a reason for CMHT to discharge you? You have no idea how lucky you are to be getting that support. Please don't throw that away by being non-compliant. I would assume that you would have been taking paracetamol to help with pain/raised temperature so you could have taken your meds then.

If you'd read other people's threads then you would know that Suzi has chronic, long term disabilities that cause her significant difficulties and a huge amount of pain pretty much every day of her life. She has had significant pain and chronic conditions since she was a child so the "if you've tested positive then you'll know how crap it makes you feel" is quite frankly, offensive. She suffers every single day but does nothing but offer love and understanding to everyone here, putting everyone else before herself. I suggest you take a step back, think about what has been said, think about how you have responded, which has been quite aggressive, and decide if you want to still be a member here. I'm leaving the thread here as it shows nothing but kindness and patience when you have repeatedly talked about not complying with your care team, but I am going to close it before it gets too heated.

Take a few days, if you still wish to be a member here, then come back and start afresh. If not, PM Suzi and she can sort that out for you. No one has ever judged you though, they have just shown frustration as they know how important complying with meds and treatment is.