PDA

View Full Version : Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Suzi
23-12-19, 10:12 PM
Don't forget helplines like Samaritans, Calm, Shout are all there to help... Talk to her love. Tell her how you are feeling.

john82
29-12-19, 05:00 PM
4 days in taking vortioxetine 10mg no side effects yet (y), feeling sick everyday still, as soon as I think about work I feel sick and it wakes me up in the morning straight away worrying.

Still feeling really low probably the lowest I've felt, I don't feel like doing anything again, dreading work again on Tuesday going to knock my hours down as I'm struggling until hopefully the tabs kick in, will see what work have to say about it.

I've got to make a follow up appointment with the doctors.

Suzi
29-12-19, 06:13 PM
It's still early days with the change of dose lovely...
Are you able to explain what it is about work that you are dreading?

Paula
29-12-19, 06:32 PM
It’s very early days, hun, though I know it feels like forever when all you want is for these drugs to work......

john82
29-12-19, 06:41 PM
It's still early days with the change of dose lovely...
Are you able to explain what it is about work that you are dreading?

I don't know probably how I was spoken to before Christmas which has upset me, I'm waiting on a call back from a union rep.

Also they keep asking if I want to stay on days or go back on nights etc I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed by it all about what decision I should make and if it'll be the right one.

I ended up calling validium on Christmas day as I should be able to get that through work again hoping that helps.

I can't seem to control what's going on at the moment and how I'm feeling which is scaring me

Mira
29-12-19, 06:43 PM
Hi, I get the feeling there is a lot of doubt in your words. And maybe a bit of loss of direction? What does your girlfriend think? I do hope you managed to open up a bit to her.

john82
29-12-19, 07:02 PM
Hi, I get the feeling there is a lot of doubt in your words. And maybe a bit of loss of direction? What does your girlfriend think? I do hope you managed to open up a bit to her.

Ive not spoken to her tbh she knows I'm struggling I'm not really talking to anyone at the moment, I know it's not good I'm starting to isolate myself again.

I can't seem to make decisions anymore overthink everything and then constantly worry if I'm doing the right thing.

I wanted to try nights again or maybe that's because I want it to go back to how it was before all this seem to overwhelm me. It's where most of my friends are although they all seem to be leaving and moving on and I'm worried I'm going to be stuck there panacking as I'm the only one who doesn't seem to have a plan on what to do.

john82
29-12-19, 07:31 PM
The other things that's really bothered me is my manager who I've always considered a close friend and somebody I could trust went behind my back last week when I was telling him how I don't feel as though I've been supported enough from work, had no meetings, follow ups nothing, no actual rehab plan and that I was having to do all the chasing regarding my pay being wrong.

That's hurt me the most tbh

Mira
29-12-19, 07:44 PM
I have a lot of experience with isolating myself. And its horrible. I do hope you can try to talk to your girlfriend about it. You do not have to go all in right away. Maybe a small amount? Thats what I do with family. When they ask me about it I do tell a little bit but not everything. It can overwhelm them and it tends to turn a conversation into silence.
Then again I am sure your girlfriend is on your side and wants to help. And sharing with someone how you are doing shows how much you care about them. And that alone is a great reason to try.

What a shame of the manager. You have seen how he is now and its such a shame. But it is a learning experience. I would be gutted so I can relate to how it would make you feel.

john82
29-12-19, 07:53 PM
I have a lot of experience with isolating myself. And its horrible. I do hope you can try to talk to your girlfriend about it. You do not have to go all in right away. Maybe a small amount? Thats what I do with family. When they ask me about it I do tell a little bit but not everything. It can overwhelm them and it tends to turn a conversation into silence.
Then again I am sure your girlfriend is on your side and wants to help. And sharing with someone how you are doing shows how much you care about them. And that alone is a great reason to try.

What a shame of the manager. You have seen how he is now and its such a shame. But it is a learning experience. I would be gutted so I can relate to how it would make you feel.

I really don't feel like going into work but I know I have to otherwise it'll set me back further so I'm trying to stay positive. I get the feeling people at work don't know what to say to me and like you said I don't know where to start.

I told my partner and mum that I was struggling the other day and went straight to the doctors so that's another positive. I'm just worried what work will say when I tell them I've had a knock back, which in my opinion is down to them, not paying me correctly for 4 months adding extra stress etc and all they say is I shouldn't be worrying about the money I'm loosing from the esa I should be concentrating on my health as that's a priority :@

Paula
29-12-19, 08:20 PM
Your health is the priority but that doesn’t take away all the stress that goes along with it. As for going to nights, it’s pretty much accepted that working nights can have a detrimental effect on mental health, particularly depression (https://www.sleepfoundation.org/shift-work-disorder/what-shift-work-disorder/living-coping-shift-work-disorder) - so it may not be the right time?

john82
29-12-19, 09:51 PM
Your health is the priority but that doesn’t take away all the stress that goes along with it. As for going to nights, it’s pretty much accepted that working nights can have a detrimental effect on mental health, particularly depression (https://www.sleepfoundation.org/shift-work-disorder/what-shift-work-disorder/living-coping-shift-work-disorder) - so it may not be the right time?

No I agree my plan was to build up my hours on days to where I felt I would give it ago.

I've got them pressuring me as I've almost all my holiday still to take but I've not been able to take it due to the esa payments.

Then there saying as I'm only working 14 hrs I'm not accruing enough holiday for next year

Suzi
29-12-19, 10:31 PM
Why aren't you talking to your GF about how you are feeling?

john82
29-12-19, 11:19 PM
Why aren't you talking to your GF about how you are feeling?

I don't know where to start and half the time I don't think she's interested

john82
30-12-19, 12:29 AM
I think we're both as bad as each other tbh.

I've never really opened up since my last serious relationship which ended badly and how hurt I got, now I just think its easier to not show much emotion anymore

Suzi
30-12-19, 10:16 AM
But then aren't you living a half relationship? I can't imagine being in a relationship where I wasn't able to say what was going on for me or how I was feeling.... And I'd hate it the other way round.

Paula
30-12-19, 10:33 AM
I made that mistake, and we’d been married for years, with kids. I thought I was making things easier on my husband by not being open with him but it turns out him trying to guess how I was feeling and what I was thinking was way, way harder for him. That behaviour from me brought us the closest we’ve ever come to losing each other. Ironically, I thought our marriage was over because he didn’t understand me .....

john82
30-12-19, 11:23 AM
But then aren't you living a half relationship? I can't imagine being in a relationship where I wasn't able to say what was going on for me or how I was feeling.... And I'd hate it the other way round.

It's been like this for years, half the time I don't think she's interested.

Suzi
30-12-19, 04:23 PM
But if you don't ask her, how do you know? I've been convinced my husband isn't interested in me, but when we've talked about it then it's turned out nothing of the sort....

john82
30-12-19, 05:49 PM
But if you don't ask her, how do you know? I've been convinced my husband isn't interested in me, but when we've talked about it then it's turned out nothing of the sort....

Tbh I don't know what to say to her she knows I'm down at the moment just would be nice if she asked how I was feeling and offered some reassurances.

Supposed to be going down to my sisters tonight with the family for a meal but I really don't feel like going at the moment, just had my parents round for a cuppa and I hardly spoke to them

john82
30-12-19, 05:54 PM
I'm stressing about work 2mos and who I should even talk to about lowering my hours for now as the lady who was dealing with my rehab works lates so I never see her & I can't speak to my boss at the moment due to what he did last week + need to tell them I'm back on medication. I'm just worried how they'll react.

I've booked in to see the mental health practitioner for Friday at my doctors.

Mira
30-12-19, 05:57 PM
When I was in therapy one thing that came up was that I should not look at other people for what I need. As you know we are not mind readers. So if you need something from your girlfriend or your family please just ask them or talk to them about it. After I told my family how I was doing there was a bit more understanding and they tried to help. Even if it is hard. It will help.

Mira
30-12-19, 06:04 PM
I'm stressing about work 2mos and who I should even talk to about lowering my hours for now as the lady who was dealing with my rehab works lates so I never see her & I can't speak to my boss at the moment due to what he did last week + need to tell them I'm back on medication. I'm just worried how they'll react.

I've booked in to see the mental health practitioner for Friday at my doctors.

Seems to me that you worry about a lot of people around you and how they will react. This is something I am doing all the time as well. And eventhough I myself can not stop it at the moment I do know its not good for me and not for you. You are in a vulnerable state at the moment. And that means taking care of number 1. That is you. So try to look at yourself and what you need. Try to not think about others and what they think or how they will react. You do not know how they will react.

Is it possible to send the lady thats dealing with that an email? Or give her a call?

john82
30-12-19, 06:05 PM
When I was in therapy one thing that came up was that I should not look at other people for what I need. As you know we are not mind readers. So if you need something from your girlfriend or your family please just ask them or talk to them about it. After I told my family how I was doing there was a bit more understanding and they tried to help. Even if it is hard. It will help.

Thing is I don't think there's much they can do, mainly me stressing about work etc. I know there concerned, thing is I don't think any of my family know what to do.

All I can tell them is that I'm struggling badly atm feels like I just want to cry but then I'm thinking am I just looking for sympathy??

I just want to get back to normal and get back on track at the moment it definitely feels like I'm going backwards again and I don't know what to do to get out of it.

I've got my parterns parents coming round 2mos for dinner. I know her mums concerned about me as she's messaged and noticed it boxing day

john82
30-12-19, 06:08 PM
I'll go to work tomorrow and laugh and joke with my friends but I try and talk to them about how I feel and they just don't get it or don't know what to say anymore.

Mira
30-12-19, 06:10 PM
Thing is I don't think there's much they can do, mainly me stressing about work etc. I know there concerned, thing is I don't think any of my family know what to do.

All I can tell them is that I'm struggling badly atm feels like I just want to cry but then I'm thinking am I just looking for sympathy??

I just want to get back to normal and get back on track at the moment it definitely feels like I'm going backwards again and I don't know what to do to get out of it.

I've got my parterns parents coming round 2mos for dinner. I know her mums concerned about me as she's messaged and noticed it boxing day

You are right. They can not fix how you are feeling or take it away. But my family try to comfort me a little more. Send a text every now and then. For me its the little things that count. You are struggling at the moment and you feel like crying. That sounds like a good time for some sympathy. And there is nothing wrong with that. I tend to think its worth encouraging.

I know you want to get back to normal. But it might need some out of the box thinking. And you can not do it alone. You might need help from the people around you.

Mira
30-12-19, 06:12 PM
I'll go to work tomorrow and laugh and joke with my friends but I try and talk to them about how I feel and they just don't get it or don't know what to say anymore.

I have that with my best friend. When I tell him how I am doing he does not know what to do or say. I can see it on his face. But he listens and tries. And that means the world to me. And that is what a friend is to me.

Paula
30-12-19, 06:40 PM
You’re not looking for sympathy, you’re looking for support. There is a mountain of difference between the two. And it isn’t about them knowing what to do, it’s about you not shutting out the people who love you and letting them take some of the load. You are doing this alone, and you don’t have to. In fact, it just makes it a thousand times harder for you to deal with

john82
30-12-19, 07:24 PM
You’re not looking for sympathy, you’re looking for support. There is a mountain of difference between the two. And it isn’t about them knowing what to do, it’s about you not shutting out the people who love you and letting them take some of the load. You are doing this alone, and you don’t have to. In fact, it just makes it a thousand times harder for you to deal with

The thing is I've no idea why I'm feeling like this, ended up going doc's as I'd struggled with my mood for years and now it feels like I've opened Pandora's box and can't shut it

Suzi
30-12-19, 08:54 PM
Are you seeing a therapist at the moment? Could you request to be put on the waiting list or bring an appointment first....

john82
30-12-19, 09:14 PM
Are you seeing a therapist at the moment? Could you request to be put on the waiting list or bring an appointment first....

No I'm not seeing anyone at the moment I've been fine just the past month has worn me down, chasing work with my pay loosing esa etc.

I'm seeing the mental health practitioner this Friday so I'll mention it to him. I saw a consultant psychiatrist 2 weeks ago and he mentioned advanced cbt but admitted it could take 12 months before I'm seen.

I also called validium on Christmas day and I should be able to see somebody for 6 sessions but I'm waiting for a call back.

Suzi
30-12-19, 09:44 PM
I don't understand why you lost your ESA? Have you claimed PiP?

john82
30-12-19, 10:58 PM
I don't understand why you lost your ESA? Have you claimed PiP?

Ive lost my ESA due to work paying me wrong for 4 months, ever since I've gone back. I informed the ESA that they kept overpaying me by alot, as I was getting worried.I had a missed call from an unknown number one day then the next payment date nothing and I've been trying to sort it out ever since.

This is what's caused me all the stress work aren't interested there's no hr anymore. I've since had a letter from work my timecard and wage slips which have been sent off to the DWP which took me ages to chase.

I've got all this extra money sat in a different account which I've been trying to pay back for over 3 months.

Work have also been paying me every minute even though nobody else gets paid if they clock in 10 mins early and stay an extra 8 mins it gets rounded down or up. They then denied I'd told them I was limited to 14 hours a week as I didn't want to lose the ESA payment u til I felt ready. They've basically called me a liar and denied all knowledge, even tho I have WhatsApp messages to my manager telling him from November.
Nobody at work is interested, had no monthly meetings I've basically been upping my hours myself.

As you can tell I'm really annoyed and feel let down by work & they'll most likely have a go tomorrow when I tell them I'm dropping my hours as I'm struggling to cope at the minute.

With the work paying me every minute it's pushed me over the 14 hours I'm allowed to work

I was coping fine until all this pay issue I kept telling them it was pushing/stressing me. Its basically been driving me mad for the past few months having to spend hours on the phone chasing people

And yet I'm supposed to be greatful for them not sacking me, I wish they had at the moment all the stress they've caused.

I'm unsure how it's best to approach them tomorrow with me telling them I need to drop my hours

Suzi
30-12-19, 11:08 PM
First of all you need to go and get your esa reinstated - get an appointment with a disability advisor at the jobcentre and show them the messages - print them out if you can.

Then send in an email if you feel more comfortable telling them that you need to cut your hours back as you are feeling that you are not coping with the increased hours and with side effects to a new medication regime.

john82
30-12-19, 11:19 PM
First of all you need to go and get your esa reinstated - get an appointment with a disability advisor at the jobcentre and show them the messages - print them out if you can.

Then send in an email if you feel more comfortable telling them that you need to cut your hours back as you are feeling that you are not coping with the increased hours and with side effects to a new medication regime.

Sorry about that.

Yes I've sent them all the documents last Monday they scanned them at the job centre now it's just a cause of waiting. It worries me as I've been over my hours due to the little minutes here and there that I wasn't aware of.

Thing is I already feel worthless for only doing 3 & 1/2 hrs a day as it is, which was also mentioned to me the other week

Its due to run out in January anyway and I don't think I'll be eligible to claim anything else.

OldMike
31-12-19, 07:33 AM
It seems unusual that you are paid by the minute when no one else there is paid that way, as you say it is causing unnecessary stress.

john82
31-12-19, 10:33 AM
It seems unusual that you are paid by the minute when no one else there is paid that way, as you say it is causing unnecessary stress.

Exactly my argument was I've worked here almost 18 years and never been paid like that. I think it's because they can't be bothered to keep a check on my hours.

At work now nobody to talk to again so I'm doing 3 hrs then going home

Suzi
31-12-19, 11:54 AM
Its due to run out in January anyway and I don't think I'll be eligible to claim anything else.

Why not? What about Pip? You can claim that whilst working too...

john82
31-12-19, 01:25 PM
Why not? What about Pip? You can claim that whilst working too...

I don't know a lot about pip is it the same thing as ESA? which limits my hours? as i don't think work are going to let me continue on reduced hours.

Managed to find the duty manager but he was in a meeting with management so i just went home,told one of my friends the situation he said he'd pass it on so it'll be interesting if i get spoken to tomorrow or ignored again

Suzi
31-12-19, 04:12 PM
No, it's Personal Independence Payment.... It might pay you to go and see the CAB and get some trained advice?

Paula
31-12-19, 05:37 PM
Pip is a disability payment that has nothing to do with whether you are able to work. It’s designed to compensate people with disabilities for the extra costs that entails. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/

Also, permitted work under ESA is 16 hours, not 14, although it is subject to earnings up to £131.50 https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/employment-and-support-allowance/while-youre-getting-esa/working-while-getting-esa/

Suzi’s right, and I’m sure we’ve said it before, you need to go to Citizens Advice .....

john82
31-12-19, 06:36 PM
Pip is a disability payment that has nothing to do with whether you are able to work. It’s designed to compensate people with disabilities for the extra costs that entails. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/

Also, permitted work under ESA is 16 hours, not 14, although it is subject to earnings up to £131.50 https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/employment-and-support-allowance/while-youre-getting-esa/working-while-getting-esa/

Suzi’s right, and I’m sure we’ve said it before, you need to go to Citizens Advice .....

Thanks I've just told my partners parents about what's been going on and her mum advised me on pip, also had a call back from validium who want me to call them back Friday after I've seen the mental health practitioner.

Suzi
31-12-19, 06:42 PM
You can talk to your partners parents, but not your partner? Are they qualified in benefits at all?

john82
31-12-19, 08:40 PM
You can talk to your partners parents, but not your partner? Are they qualified in benefits at all?

I know and she's sitting here whilst I'm telling them that's what it's like!

No her mum mentioned looking into pip that was all

Suzi
01-01-20, 12:25 AM
So why don't you talk to her? I'd find it hurtful to feel you could talk to my parents, but not to me......

Paula
01-01-20, 09:44 AM
Suzi’s right, in a way it’s no wonder your partner doesn’t get it. If you’ll talk to her parents but not her, immediately she’s going to be on the defensive. Talk to her, lovely

john82
01-01-20, 01:47 PM
So why don't you talk to her? I'd find it hurtful to feel you could talk to my parents, but not to me......

I Suppose it leads me back to getting hurt from the previous relationship ive always had my guard up ever since & now i find it difficult to talk to her + there's the fear shes probably thinking im going crazy at the moment.

Told work today about whats been going on didnt get much back from them at all waste of time really but ive let them know.Trying to keep to my hours as much as i can atm which is all i can do,woke up today it took me 30 mins to get myself out of bed to start getting ready for work.

Hope you all had a Happy new Year

Suzi
01-01-20, 02:30 PM
It's not fair to judge her by your ex.... I promise you whatever she's thinking is worse than how things actually are. If you can't trust her to talk to her then what can you trust her with?

What did you want work to say? It's not a waste of time to tell them what's going on lovely.

john82
01-01-20, 07:39 PM
It's not fair to judge her by your ex.... I promise you whatever she's thinking is worse than how things actually are. If you can't trust her to talk to her then what can you trust her with?

What did you want work to say? It's not a waste of time to tell them what's going on lovely.

I know I just seem to be really needy at the moment.

Called about pip today but it's a Bank hol so will try again tomorrow.

Suzi
01-01-20, 10:17 PM
Can you not apply online?

Have you spoken to her yet?

john82
01-01-20, 10:36 PM
Can you not apply online?

Have you spoken to her yet?

No Its only via phone with an advisor or they send you paperwork.

She asked me how I was feeling earlier and moaned at me for not telling work I want to reduce my hours (think).

She's going to her mums tomorrow so I've asked if I can come as I didn't want to be alone all afternoon.

Suzi
02-01-20, 09:26 AM
But did you tell her why you didn't tell work that?

Paula
02-01-20, 11:00 AM
Did she moan? Or did she just tell you that you need to talk to your work about this?

john82
02-01-20, 03:54 PM
But did you tell her why you didn't tell work that?

Yep told her and told her my main aim at the moment is to just make it in.

Did another 3 hrs today felt like I had to stay as one of the guys phoned in sick and the other guys on his own.

Raing about pip just waiting on the documents to be sent out now.

Also had a message from the union If you join online you will have instant cover. All new members have a 4 week qualifying period to wait to be able to get representation but all new members can receive advice.

All new members joining Unite with an existing work issue can receive advice, but would not be able to receive representation.

So that is a waste of time.

Girlfriends mum said I should get occupational health involved.

Paula
02-01-20, 03:58 PM
It’s not a waste of time - advice is something you need right now

Suzi
02-01-20, 05:01 PM
Definitely not a waste of time! Call them and get some proper advice love.

john82
02-01-20, 06:27 PM
I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Just found out the guy I've been working with the last 2 days tried to end it last night.

Paula
02-01-20, 06:54 PM
I’m so sorry, love, that’s something so hard to deal with when you’re struggling yourself (bear)

Suzi
02-01-20, 08:43 PM
That is hard when things are tough for you too....

john82
03-01-20, 07:56 PM
So I went to see the mental health practitioner today and asked for what he could offer me now. He couldn't offer anything well he said he didn't want to I volve the crisis team yet as he thinks that would just make my anxiety worse, he's put me on buspirone for the anxiety and told me to take as and when needed but warned me about a small chance of serotonin syndrome.

I'm seeing him again in 2 weeks.

Finding it really hard to get up in the mornings at the moment.

Paula
03-01-20, 08:30 PM
Buspirone is good - and while he did need to give you the warning, and we’re all different, I was on 2 ads and lithium with buspirone and was fine.

Suzi
03-01-20, 11:01 PM
I've been on 2 anti depressants for a while and it didn't have that effect on me. Just be aware that it is a very small chance. They have to give you warnings like that.... We've had quite a few members on it and it seems to have been good for most of them.

john82
04-01-20, 12:49 PM
Well that was a waste of time just been to the pharmacy to pick the buspirone up and they've no prescription or message and there's nothing I can do until monday

Suzi
04-01-20, 02:22 PM
OK, an annoyance, but it'll be sorted on Monday. Try not to let it upset you this weekend...

john82
08-01-20, 02:39 PM
My anxiety is sky high atm hoping these tablets start to kick in soon.

Had a text from the ESA they've received my documents and will get back to me in 14 days so fingers crossed

Had a tough day today only managed just over 2 hours

Suzi
08-01-20, 05:05 PM
Well done for sorting the ESA - did you get help with it?
Remind me, how long have you been on them?
Have you spoken to your Wife at all yet?

Paula
08-01-20, 08:07 PM
But you did manage 2 hours, you could have not gone in at all ....

john82
09-01-20, 04:42 PM
Well done for sorting the ESA - did you get help with it?
Remind me, how long have you been on them?
Have you spoken to your Wife at all yet?

I managed to sort the ESA tbh that's probably what's sent me backwards as it's stressed me out so much,work gave me a letter explaining they'd messed up my wages for the past 4 mo this and it was being looked into, I then got my clocking in sheets printed off which show I've not gone over my hours and printed off my wage slips I just hope it gets corrected. It took many phone calls and hassling to get all that work have been useless.

I've been on them since Christmas Eve and started taking Buspirone since Monday but my anxiety is sky high at the moment.

My girlfriend knows I've told her I'm struggling to get out of bed in the morning as I don't see the point and that I'm forcing myself atm. It's hard trying to stay normal at work and trying to blend in, I've had a few people say I've. Not been myself the past few weeks and have told them I'm struggling.

But you did manage 2 hours, you could have not gone in at all ....

I know but it's the constant worry with work & if they see it like that, it never goes away.

I've still got 5&half weeks hol to take before March but they won't let me book it as I'm on rehab hours, they want me to book 8-9 hour days but then it takes me over what I'm allowed to do for the ESA which Is currently being reviewed.

Suzi
09-01-20, 05:02 PM
Are you waiting to hear about the ESA?
Unfortunately it takes around 4 -8 weeks for anti depressants to get into your system and then the same for each time you change dose etc. I know it's hard, but you need to be patient. If you are really struggling re the busiprozone then do go back and see your GP and talk to them about it and how you are feeling.

john82
09-01-20, 06:19 PM
Are you waiting to hear about the ESA?
Unfortunately it takes around 4 -8 weeks for anti depressants to get into your system and then the same for each time you change dose etc. I know it's hard, but you need to be patient. If you are really struggling re the busiprozone then do go back and see your GP and talk to them about it and how you are feeling.

I got a text message last Friday saying they've received all the information they needed and a decision will be made within 14 days.

I know I'm struggling just trying to get through the day and waiting for these tabs to kick in.

Suzi
09-01-20, 08:49 PM
Glad that they've got everything now.
Talk to your wife lovely....

john82
11-01-20, 07:22 PM
Glad that they've got everything now.
Talk to your wife lovely....

Didn't get round the posting last night as been spending more time with partner round her parents house, I got a call from the dwp and they've reinstated my ESA so I should get it backdated hopefully so that's a relief.

I've moved my appointment forward with the job centre as my ESA was due to end so hopefully I can find out what happens next as I need to work out how to use my work holiday as well with the ESA.

Moods still low but no side effects from the tablets so that's another positive as I had side effects with everyother ones I've tried

Paula
11-01-20, 08:18 PM
I’m so glad you’re spending more time with your partner, and well done for resolving the ESA stuff

Suzi
11-01-20, 09:14 PM
That's all really positive..

john82
13-01-20, 02:16 PM
Went to the job centre today my ESA is ending on the 19th, he's sending me to be reassessed as I said I think I've got worse, so that means another assessment surely If I've the same problem anxiety and depression they'll just say it hasn't got worse?

Paula
13-01-20, 05:13 PM
What reason did they give for ending it?

john82
13-01-20, 05:40 PM
What reason did they give for ending it?

I was in the work support group so I only got it for 12 months its set my anxiety off now as I'm panicking.

If I lose the ESA payment I have no choice but to up my hours at work but at the moment I'm struggling to even go in since Christmas.

Advisor was nice he mentioned getting occupational health involved as I told him what had been going on but I don't want to get them involved if it makes things harder/worse for me at work. He also mentioned leaving but my dear with leaving the job is that's the only place I've ever worked and I can see myself not leaving the house and shutting down if I've no work.

Got so much going through my head at the moment I'm not eating at the moment my GF makes me a meal at night as I'm not interested and it feels like I need to suffer

Suzi
13-01-20, 06:27 PM
I wasn't aware there was a time limit on the support group - My husband's been in it for longer than a year....
Why do you think you "need to suffer" so aren't eating? Have you told your wife what is going on? Are you eating what she cooks for you?

john82
13-01-20, 09:44 PM
I wasn't aware there was a time limit on the support group - My husband's been in it for longer than a year....
Why do you think you "need to suffer" so aren't eating? Have you told your wife what is going on? Are you eating what she cooks for you?

Yes she knows I'm just eating 1 meal at night that she cooks tbh I'm not interested in eating or taking care of myself at the moment my mood has improved a little.

I've work again tomorrow so all the stress and worry begins again.

Suzi
14-01-20, 10:18 AM
Glad that your mood has improved a little. That's a good thing.
Hope work goes OK today.

Paula
14-01-20, 10:24 AM
Thinking of you today (bear)

john82
14-01-20, 03:39 PM
Glad that your mood has improved a little. That's a good thing.
Hope work goes OK today.

Work went ok the hardest part is getting out of bed & all the worrying about getting there and what its going to be like.

Im trying to fill a pip form in so asked the doctors to print off my medical summary but they've refused

Suzi
14-01-20, 05:37 PM
Can you not complete it without the summary?

john82
14-01-20, 06:29 PM
Can you not complete it without the summary?

Yes but it helps if I send in evidence.

Paula
14-01-20, 07:33 PM
Normally they’ll say not to worry about evidence as they’ll obtain it from the medical professionals anyway

Suzi
14-01-20, 08:42 PM
Letters count, prescriptions count ;)

john82
14-01-20, 09:57 PM
Letters count, prescriptions count ;)

Ive managed to sort an online account out at my doctors which gives me the past 12 months I've requested a full summary so I'll wait and see if they agree again.

I've no appointment letters as I just get a text message from the doctors, I didnt keep the wellbeing letters as didn't think I'd ever need them.

Suzi
15-01-20, 09:41 AM
Were they just appointment letters or clinic write up type letters...

john82
15-01-20, 10:22 PM
Were they just appointment letters or clinic write up type letters...

Ive one appointment letter from the doctors that was requesting a follow up from Christmas eve. I've text messages still from all my appointments.

I've requested my full medical record but it was rejected again today by the surgery surely I should have access to this?

My partner filled in the esa form on the computer for me which were due to send off but I'm hoping they give me access to my records so I can print off the supporting documents and prescriptions

Suzi
16-01-20, 08:33 AM
Appointment letters don't count as evidence. Prescriptions do - but you can just scan in the boxes of your medication. Clinic letters count.... This is from the action for ME site, but it's a good basis....

https://www.actionforme.org.uk/uploads/Supporting-evidence-for-PIP-and-ESA-claims.pdf

john82
16-01-20, 02:55 PM
Appointment letters don't count as evidence. Prescriptions do - but you can just scan in the boxes of your medication. Clinic letters count.... This is from the action for ME site, but it's a good basis....

https://www.actionforme.org.uk/uploads/Supporting-evidence-for-PIP-and-ESA-claims.pdf

Well I've called the doctors again and asked why they declined me access,there reviewing it tomorrow I told them I need it to help with ESA & pip and the print it at home. It sets my mind off thinking about what there hiding, etc I'm sure it's nothing just frustrating when I'm only trying to provide information which might help me

Paula
16-01-20, 03:43 PM
I doubt they’re trying to hide anything - it’s more likely, I’d think, it’s a cost issue ......

Suzi
16-01-20, 05:31 PM
It's normally down to time, cost and GDPR - it's a 2 way street and they need written permission from each dr you've been seen by.... But as ESA And PIP contact them anyway, there really is no need to get your whole history and tbh I don't think it'll mean that much....

john82
20-01-20, 04:06 PM
I've wrote the doctors a letter requesting the information hopefully I can send it off at a later date to the ESA & PIP.

nervous as I've work again tomorrow I'd rather just stay in and hide at the moment seems to be getting harder to go out again.

Seem to have picked up a bad habit again when I'm stressed I pull my hair out as I've not shaved for a while my beards all patchy as I'm constantly pulling bits out.

Suzi
20-01-20, 04:28 PM
When did you last see your dr? Could you go and talk to them about how you are feeling and this new symptom?

Paula
20-01-20, 07:31 PM
(panda)

john82
21-01-20, 05:47 PM
When did you last see your dr? Could you go and talk to them about how you are feeling and this new symptom?

Ive seen the metal health practitioner to day. I didn't know what to say just that I'm finding it hard fed up feeling like this all the time.

I've told him about the hair pulling seems to be a stree release, I've trimmed my beard now to try and stop it,also about not eating as I feel like I need to suffer he said straight away I've lost weight (over a stone) there's not much he could do atm he's following up with the psychiatrist as I should be due to see him again in Feb.

He mentioned about upping my meds but that's down to the psychiatrist.

Paula
21-01-20, 07:36 PM
Can you get an earlier appointment with the psychiatrist?

Suzi
21-01-20, 08:17 PM
Absolutely see if you can see the psych earlier.

john82
21-01-20, 08:44 PM
My appointment should be the first week of Feb but as I've heard nothing he was going to chase it up.

Another positive is he's going to write me a letter which I can use for ESA & PIP not that I'm v confident I'll get it.

Suzi
21-01-20, 08:56 PM
I'm glad you're getting that letter, hope it's all you need.

john82
22-01-20, 08:57 PM
Ive had an email from the doctors today got to ring for the password to download the pdf documents so hopefully there my records

Suzi
22-01-20, 09:00 PM
That's great!

john82
07-02-20, 01:57 PM
Thought I'd post an update.

Trying to get back into work still tough, not sleeping very well I'm waiting to see the psychiatrist again to review my meds.

Work today basically told me I can't stay working 14 hours due to ESA and that I either sign a new Co tract only working 14 hours or up my hours to 6 and supplement with holiday. Don't really know what to do now I'm in the process of being reassessed for ESA.

I mentioned to work about getting occupational health involved but they said they wouldn't do anything as I'm not off sick.

Suzi
07-02-20, 02:28 PM
Then you have several options, but I'd suggest talking to CAB or ACAS or a union for help and proper advice..

john82
07-02-20, 10:52 PM
Then you have several options, but I'd suggest talking to CAB or ACAS or a union for help and proper advice..

Thanks I'm just tired and really fed up wish I felt normal again and not different. It just sets all my anxiety off its like I'm going in circles.

Suzi
08-02-20, 11:09 AM
I think anyone with a chronic illness feels similar. It's really hard, but you have to get the proper advice.

john82
08-02-20, 11:53 AM
I think anyone with a chronic illness feels similar. It's really hard, but you have to get the proper advice.

I sometimes think it'll just be easier to leave but then i think that i'll just go back to isolating myself again and it'd be 10x harder to start somewhere fresh with my anxiety etc. I've known this would be coming at some point i cant stay on 14 hours forever just wish it didn't make me feel so worthless.

Paula
08-02-20, 02:29 PM
You’re not worthless, and none of us should value ourselves purely on our job. I do get it, I haven’t been able to work since 2007 (although I do some voluntary work) and it’s hard to accept that something that’s been a huge part of our adult lives is potentially changing, but a job is just a job

Suzi
08-02-20, 03:39 PM
I completely agree with Paula. It's highly unlikely that I'll be well enough to go into paid employment anytime soon (if ever) so I do voluntary work instead which helps my self esteem, makes me feel I am giving something back itms? A job is a job. Your health and welfare is much, much more important that that!

john82
09-02-20, 10:18 PM
I understand but we've not long bought a house and we've a mortgage to pay so I'm constantly worrying about that I hate spending money and I'm constantly saving worrying about things so that's what's been supplementing me but I'm aware it won't last forever and I'm worried if I leave I won't want to go out.

Work stressed that they've done everything they can but I'm struggling to understand why after accepting I need routine there trying to change my days from Tues-Friday to Wednesday - Saturday which has had me worrying all weekend. It means my dog will be alone all day Saturday as I can't get anyone to look after her (I'm aware this sounds silly, but I worry) our usual dog walker doesn't do Saturdays and 2 others I've tried said the same.

I've wrote down what hours I can do and I'm willing to try and Increase them I'd like to stay on my current days as I've worked them for 18 years.

I've managed to keep busy all weekend but now I can feel the anxiety building and it's driving me mad, I don't feel like eating as I'm feeling constantly sick.

I'm going to try and call acas and citizens advice but I'm wary of pushing work too much.

Sorry for the long post hoping it helps with writing everything down

Suzi
10-02-20, 08:06 AM
Never apologise for writing a long post, you don't need to. You are right, getting everything out of your head is a positive thing.
Have you asked them why they are changing your shift pattern?

john82
10-02-20, 11:20 AM
Never apologise for writing a long post, you don't need to. You are right, getting everything out of your head is a positive thing.
Have you asked them why they are changing your shift pattern?

No ill try and ask them tomorrow that's if I don't put it off.

I'm happy to try and increase my hours but I'd like to stay on the days I work as they work for me. My partners off Thurs & Friday and my mum can come over Wednesday if I do late night Tuesday that's me not having to worry about the dog

Suzi
10-02-20, 11:58 AM
All you can do is ask lovely...

john82
13-04-20, 06:01 PM
April update

My anxiety is sky high at the moment with all this virus talk so much so I've stopped reading the news as it's just making me worse. I'd just got back into work as well now I'm back to not wanting to go until this virus has calmed down as I'm really anxious at work (supermarket)

I'd been getting on well back to normal hours at work now that was until my partner got ill so I've had to isolate with her, which has set me back.

Hope everyone's ok

Suzi
13-04-20, 07:47 PM
Oh no! Your poor partner! Does she have covid 19?
I think everyone is worried about it and that it's raised so many peoples' anxiety. I think that limiting the amount of news/media is really sensible. Are you still taking the meds? You'd obviously been doing really well to have got back to work for a while...

john82
13-04-20, 09:16 PM
Oh no! Your poor partner! Does she have covid 19?
I think everyone is worried about it and that it's raised so many peoples' anxiety. I think that limiting the amount of news/media is really sensible. Are you still taking the meds? You'd obviously been doing really well to have got back to work for a while...

She's just got symptoms high temp, aching and upset tummy.

Tbh the last week it's started to get on top of me a little and I've stopped taking my meds I missed 3 days but forced myself to take them last night.

I didn't have much choice with work it was either increase your hours or leave.

Had my pip assessment last Monday over the telephone and have been chasing ESA as I'm hoping I can be put in the support group which means I can drop my hours and concentrate on getting my head sorted.

Suzi
14-04-20, 10:33 AM
Missing your meds is throwing yourself into withdrawal. Now is definitely not the time to be messing around with them. Thing is it'll take time for them to get back to the right levels again.

I'm glad you had your PiP assessment, when are you expecting your ESA one?

john82
14-04-20, 01:24 PM
Missing your meds is throwing yourself into withdrawal. Now is definitely not the time to be messing around with them. Thing is it'll take time for them to get back to the right levels again.

I'm glad you had your PiP assessment, when are you expecting your ESA one?

I'm not sure with the ESA as they've been messing me around closing my claim then reopening it again I've been waiting since January it's added stress tbh.

Suzi
14-04-20, 02:46 PM
I don't understand why you're claiming ESA while you are working (usually, not virus related) if you are working over 16 hours a week and/or earning more than £140. As you are working more than that I'm pretty sure you aren't eligible for it.... Hence why the claim keeps being closed

Stella180
14-04-20, 02:53 PM
ESA is for people who are unfit for work on medical grounds and as you are able to work and have a job you aren’t eligible.

john82
14-04-20, 06:11 PM
I'm trying to be moved into the other ESA group which allows permitted work up to 16hrs so then I can reduce my hours at work,also I'm trying to back claim since Jan

john82
14-04-20, 06:47 PM
I must add that it was the DWP who suggested I be moved into the support group back in Jan due to my mental health getting worse.

The claim was closed in error my doctor has also sent in a letter as support.

Obviously if I am successful it means I'll have to work less which takes the pressure off me it's just taken them so long due to all the mistakes they've made

Suzi
14-04-20, 07:58 PM
But you are working more than 16 hours on a regular basis. That means you aren't eligible. It's designed for people who aren't able to work those hours....

john82
14-04-20, 09:22 PM
Nobody has mentioned this over the phone I've told them I had to increase my hours or I was going to loose my job as I've been waiting since the middle of January for them to sort it out,i couldn't get by earning under 14hrs with no support payments

Suzi
15-04-20, 10:44 AM
Hopefully I'm wrong then.... It's just I believe it to be for people who can't manage those hours because of illness, not for people who would like to cut back their hours for illness itms?

john82
06-06-20, 06:15 PM
Hi a little update need to write somewhere.

I've been off work since being ill in April and I'm curr9off unpaid due to what's going on it's sent my anxiety sky high I haven't left the house in almost 2 months.

The sickness feeling and worrying is increasing daily thinking ill have to go back to work soon. It tends to make me not want to eat

I was awarded pip daily enhanced back in April and standard mobility.

Paula
06-06-20, 06:43 PM
Oh hunni, why didn’t you talk to us sooner? (panda). Why are you off unpaid? Were you not furloughed? Do you know if you’ll be going back soon?

john82
06-06-20, 07:03 PM
Oh hunni, why didn’t you talk to us sooner? (panda). Why are you off unpaid? Were you not furloughed? Do you know if you’ll be going back soon?

I know I probably should have messaged on here sooner I guess it's my way of dealing with things just shutting down everything.

I worked the first few hectic weeks when everyone was panic buying but it got too much for my anxiety +my partner got ill so I had to self isolate then I got ill etc and decided I'd stay off until it calmed down as I was just getting more anxious & panicking.

Our work isn't furloughing anyone (retail) I had the choice to put up with it or go off unpaid.

I got a message a week ago about having a wellness meeting before the end of June to discuss options about going back. The thing is it's impossible to work 2 meters a part in the warehouse where I work.

Suzi
06-06-20, 08:20 PM
I'm sorry you and your partner have been ill. I hope you've both recovered...
My nephew works for Tesco and they've been pretty well looked after. It's a good idea to talk to them and see what the options are. The wellness meeting sounds as if it might be able to help..

john82
06-06-20, 08:42 PM
I'm sorry you and your partner have been ill. I hope you've both recovered...
My nephew works for Tesco and they've been pretty well looked after. It's a good idea to talk to them and see what the options are. The wellness meeting sounds as if it might be able to help..

Thank you were both fine now just a little wary of mixing with lots of people again.

I'll talk to them and see what the options are if any.

I've got other issues with work that at the moment I can ignore but as soon as I'm back I suppose they'll bring up the overpayment from the last 2 years which just sends me back into a bit of a meltdown

Suzi
06-06-20, 09:51 PM
What about taking someone in with you?

john82
06-06-20, 10:07 PM
What about taking someone in with you?

Well I'm hoping I don't have to go in as I'd rather stay off atm until this virus calms down. If I do my gf will hopefully come with me.

Work are saying they overpaid me sickness pay to just under £4,000 since 2018 so I've got that hanging over my head.It doesn't add up I did contact ACAS who said I had a strong case as I was the one who pointed out the original overpayment and have had the money sat in a separate bank account waiting to pay it back.

It just seems to be one thing after another with that place. Most of the time I wish I could just stay in my home and never have to go out

Suzi
07-06-20, 10:59 AM
Have you told your doctor and your partner how you are feeling? Are you in a union at all?

john82
07-06-20, 11:51 AM
Have you told your doctor and your partner how you are feeling? Are you in a union at all?
My partner doesn't seem interested to busy working from home.

No not told the doctors tbh there a waste of time they just increase my meds and that's it,no further help so what's the point I can only go up 5mg anyway.

No I'm not in a union it's something I've been meaning to look into last time I spoke with them they said if it's already an ongoing issue they won't be able to help.

I had a telephone appointment with citizens advice just before lock down but that got cancelled

Paula
07-06-20, 11:55 AM
Have you spoken to ACAS again? Asked what your next move should be. That might be one thing you can go into the meeting on solid footing itms?

john82
07-06-20, 12:19 PM
Have you spoken to ACAS again? Asked what your next move should be. That might be one thing you can go into the meeting on solid footing itms?

I haven't spoken to them yet as work are still querying it my manager said it doesn't make sense and I printed out all my payslips etc which show things don't add up.

The Inital overpayment was for 2 months which I kept telling them about which I put by ready to pay back they then had an accountant look into it and there saying they overpaid me sick pay going back to 2018.

I had no idea I'd been overpaid as theres no hr anymore at work and work didn't know until I raised it with the 2 recent overpayments. They want me to agree to a payment plan I'm happy to pay back the 2 months I highlighted which would be around £1200 but not almost £4,000 it never should have got to that.

ACAS told me to call back when I know the exact figure they said raise a grievance and they'd advise but its more pressure and stuff I don't need.

I told my manager they should have just sacked me as for all the hassle I've had since going back to work not being supported, messed up my ESA payments which I then had to sort out I'd rather have just left.

Suzi
07-06-20, 12:41 PM
You need to be in a union. You can still ask advice.
Have you actually said to your partner that you need to talk to them? Actually made a point of telling them?

john82
08-06-20, 08:21 PM
You need to be in a union. You can still ask advice.
Have you actually said to your partner that you need to talk to them? Actually made a point of telling them?

Ive told her I'm not feeling great atm getting alot of intrusive thoughts.

I'm going to book an appointment with the mental health practitioner tomorrow if i can,not sure exactly what he's can do to be honest.

Suzi
08-06-20, 08:31 PM
Are you on meds? Have a cpn/therapist?

john82
08-06-20, 08:54 PM
Are you on meds? Have a cpn/therapist?

Yes I'm on my meds 15 mg atm I've been doubling up on buspirone as my anxiety is sky high atm.

I haven't got a therapist or cpn, I'll just book to see the mental health practitioner at my doctors he's great but all we do is talk./prescribes meds and that's it he can't really do anything else it seems

Suzi
08-06-20, 09:05 PM
Is that what you were told to do with the buspirone? Could he refer you to the CMHT for more support?

john82
08-06-20, 09:51 PM
Is that what you were told to do with the buspirone? Could he refer you to the CMHT for more support?

Yep he told me to up the dosage when I felt anxious I've gone up to 30mg a day atm,alongside the brintellix 15mg.

The only options I've had is being kept in but he didn't want to do that at Christmas as he thought it would stress me out more? Tbh I've done cbt about a year ago and that's it I stopped as I found it repetitive and the way I kept getting told it'll all be fine once you get back to work etc. It just felt like the person didn't get it and had no idea

Paula
08-06-20, 09:55 PM
Sounds like a sensible idea to book that appointment. If he suggests any other input/support, don’t automatically say no. Just because it wasn’t right the first time doesn’t mean it’ll be the same again

Suzi
09-06-20, 11:20 AM
I can't agree strongly enough with Paula.

john82
09-06-20, 02:08 PM
I've booked in to see my practioner for Thursday.

Not I've got to answer the phone to my manager who keeps calling from work but I'm worried and scared as to what they'll say.

Suzi
09-06-20, 02:14 PM
They shouldn't be calling repeatedly. You are off sick, that stands. You should ask them not to call as it's making things worse.

john82
09-06-20, 02:47 PM
They shouldn't be calling repeatedly. You are off sick, that stands. You should ask them not to call as it's making things worse.

I'm not off sick.

I was off sick for a few weeks when my gf was ill then i was ill but i think it was just a cold,i couldn't face going back due to worrying about leaving the house social distancing etc so i told them i wanted to take it as unpaid until it calmed down as work was stressing me out all the hassle etc from customers & managers plus i then got told the news about the pay being wrong.

I'm due to go back at the end of the month i think with the vulnerable people,i think there calling to let me know what happens but as usual i'm overthinking everything and worrying.

I did message my boss last week saying i was still off unpaid as nothing really changed but i fear there going to force me back.

I've just joined the unite union and im waiting for a callback

john82
09-06-20, 02:57 PM
I'm annoyed at myself as i knew this would happen but thought i was past it and could cope with going back whilst letting things calm down.

I don't think i've helped myself staying inside for almost 2 months.

Suzi
09-06-20, 03:21 PM
So what can you do to start helping yourself and doing things....

Paula
09-06-20, 03:26 PM
Can you take a short walk? Maybe both of you?

john82
09-06-20, 06:07 PM
Can you take a short walk? Maybe both of you?

My girlfriend has gone to her mums house now so I'm on my own going to try and exercise in my garage to keep myself occupied

Suzi
09-06-20, 06:51 PM
Do you have a garden? Start by going out there?

Paula
09-06-20, 07:08 PM
However you do it, some fresh air might be good for you

john82
09-06-20, 08:33 PM
Do you have a garden? Start by going out there?

I'm fine going in my garden I've been keeping myself busy doing bits around the garden I'm fine in my spaces. It's going outside of my house that scares me

Suzi
09-06-20, 10:18 PM
Then work up slowly. Go to the front door, open it. Close it walk away. Then next time take 1 step outside, then go in and build it up slowly. It does work.

Stella180
09-06-20, 10:35 PM
I was just about to suggest what Suzi said. Just go and stand by the door. You may feel anxious but don’t walk away. Stay there until the anxiety level drops. Adrenaline won’t last for ever and remember you are still safe in your own home. Then open the door again ride out the anxiety. Next maybe take a chair and sit outside my the door until you are less anxious. Then maybe go to the end of your driveway/garden gate. You can take these small steps at your own pace but try and challenge yourself a little and in time each step will get easier. It’s a technique I’ve used myself and although it hasn’t cared my anxiety it has stopped my irrational fears from controlling my life.

john82
09-06-20, 11:08 PM
Thanks I'm sometimes fine better if I'm not on my own. I'm fine in my car etc for the past year or 2 I've literally been going to & from work and I started to get to the doctors on my own just used to dread the waiting room, so I'd arrive late hoping I'd go straight in.

Its got alot harder since lock down I seem to be back at square one again

Stella180
09-06-20, 11:24 PM
I get it John, a few years ago I couldn’t leave the house alone other than to go to work and then I would freak out when I arrived burst into tears, turn around and go home cos I couldn’t face it. I lost count of the times I’ve stressed out in a supermarket, dumped up trolley and just left cos I was so overwhelmed. I have loads of tips to help deal with it all. You can get your life back.

john82
09-06-20, 11:43 PM
I get it John, a few years ago I couldn’t leave the house alone other than to go to work and then I would freak out when I arrived burst into tears, turn around and go home cos I couldn’t face it. I lost count of the times I’ve stressed out in a supermarket, dumped up trolley and just left cos I was so overwhelmed. I have loads of tips to help deal with it all. You can get your life back.

Experienced the same thing arrive at work then I end up sitting in the car for 10 mins trying to pluck up the courage to leave the car and walk in.

I'm lucky my girlfriend does the grocery shopping last time I went I end up just sitting in the car waiting.

Suzi
10-06-20, 08:50 AM
Stella's right. It's very much about feeling the anxiety and riding it out. My husband had a brilliant psychotherapist who made him talk through his panic attacks..She made him describe how he was feeling then she said "and" so he described what happened next "and" all the way up 'till he passed out and an ambulance was called (has happened several times). Her last "and" confused him so she said "and? Well, it didn't kill you did it?" Which was very matter of fact and very much like his brain works. For him, we still hear "and" when things get tough lol.. As she explained it won't last forever and him passing out was like a restart of all the systems. It may not help you, but "and" has helped him go from someone who had to take a fairly high amount of diazepam to get outside the door and we had to have exit strategies in place for anything we did to someone who over lockdown has managed to go shopping on his own completely....

john82
10-06-20, 12:04 PM
Stella's right. It's very much about feeling the anxiety and riding it out. My husband had a brilliant psychotherapist who made him talk through his panic attacks..She made him describe how he was feeling then she said "and" so he described what happened next "and" all the way up 'till he passed out and an ambulance was called (has happened several times). Her last "and" confused him so she said "and? Well, it didn't kill you did it?" Which was very matter of fact and very much like his brain works. For him, we still hear "and" when things get tough lol.. As she explained it won't last forever and him passing out was like a restart of all the systems. It may not help you, but "and" has helped him go from someone who had to take a fairly high amount of diazepam to get outside the door and we had to have exit strategies in place for anything we did to someone who over lockdown has managed to go shopping on his own completely....

Thanks for that.

Suzi
10-06-20, 12:50 PM
Sorry, are you being sarcastic? I was genuinely sharing something which helped my husband...

john82
10-06-20, 02:53 PM
Sorry, are you being sarcastic? I was genuinely sharing something which helped my husband...

I'm sorry what?

Suzi
10-06-20, 04:30 PM
Thanks for that.

I'm sorry what?
I wasn't sure if your thanks was genuine or you being sarcastic because of the "and" thing...

john82
10-06-20, 06:12 PM
I wasn't sure if your thanks was genuine or you being sarcastic because of the "and" thing...

I've no idea what you were thinking but no i thanked you for the advice.

Had my Dr's appointment with my mental health practitioner cancelled today that's 3 times now hes cancelled on me last minute booked another appointment for next week tbh i don't see the point i'm telling them i'm struggling and get offered nothing.

Had no call back from the union yet so that's bugging me & no call from work since monday.

Suzi
10-06-20, 08:56 PM
That's cool, it's just I live with sarcastic people who say "thanks for that" normally when I've totally messed up or upset someone.
I'd call your Drs and find out why you keep being cancelled and if it might be easier to refer you to your CMHT....

john82
10-06-20, 09:22 PM
That's cool, it's just I live with sarcastic people who say "thanks for that" normally when I've totally messed up or upset someone.
I'd call your Drs and find out why you keep being cancelled and if it might be easier to refer you to your CMHT....

I did ask when I called up to re book why it got cancelled she said she didn't know. My gf wants me to see another doctor but I don't see the point all that'll happen is I'll tell them I'm struggling I've withdrawn again but what can they do? I just feel its pointless.

Managed to have a bit to eat and went in the garage to workout

Stella180
10-06-20, 09:29 PM
Exercise is always good.

john82
10-06-20, 09:32 PM
Exercise is always good.

I'm trying to keep going just managed to regain all the weight I lost at Christmas when I was last bad.

Paula
10-06-20, 09:41 PM
I think most of the country have gained weight, lovely.

Suzi
11-06-20, 09:13 AM
How are you this morning.

I think your GF has a point. If this is the third appointment that was cancelled then maybe it might be worth seeing another dr who could try something different. It worked with my husband. Our new GP was brilliant. Sent him to a different CMHT, changed meds and in turn literally saved him and changed our lives completely.

john82
11-06-20, 12:51 PM
How are you this morning.

I think your GF has a point. If this is the third appointment that was cancelled then maybe it might be worth seeing another dr who could try something different. It worked with my husband. Our new GP was brilliant. Sent him to a different CMHT, changed meds and in turn literally saved him and changed our lives completely.

Had a little sleep still struggled I can't fall sleep anymore without background noise as it stops me thinking and worrying if I'm concentrating on something else,so I usually end up falling sleep on the sofa. Not really doing much today my partners off today she's tried to speak to me a few times but I'm not interested and haven't really responded.

It's been the 3rd time not in a row but still annoying once I was parking my car when they called to say he'd gone sick.

I was seeing a Dr but he sent me to this guy as he deals with mental health etc I'm still taking my meds but the anxiety isn't easing atm and I think it's only going to build. I'm already taking 30mg of buspirone a day.

Paula
11-06-20, 01:24 PM
I really, really think you need to talk to your GP about your meds - if you can’t get to see this MH guy there’s no point them referring you to him.

And please speak to your girlfriend, lovely

Suzi
11-06-20, 01:32 PM
Why aren't you talking to your partner? You're "not interested"? That seems harsh... She obviously loves and cares for you so it might help her too if you spoke to her. It doesn't have to be about the big stuff, just about the weather or something or maybe you could go for a walk in the woods or something together?

john82
11-06-20, 02:00 PM
I really, really think you need to talk to your GP about your meds - if you can’t get to see this MH guy there’s no point them referring you to him.

And please speak to your girlfriend, lovely

I'm wary of seeing other Dr's due to them constantly changing my meds & all the side effects I've had. At least with the current meds I've no side effects.

Stella180
11-06-20, 02:02 PM
No side effect is great providing they are working for you. If you’re backsliding that might suggest they aren’t helping enough.

john82
11-06-20, 02:03 PM
Why aren't you talking to your partner? You're "not interested"? That seems harsh... She obviously loves and cares for you so it might help her too if you spoke to her. It doesn't have to be about the big stuff, just about the weather or something or maybe you could go for a walk in the woods or something together?

I just don't see the point in talking about it she never seems interested she can't help the situation. I spoke to my sister yesterday but nothing really helps. It doesn't take away the constant sick feeling the worrying etc

Paula
11-06-20, 02:04 PM
But if they’re not working, you need to find something that does. If you want to get your life back, you need to make changes.....

john82
11-06-20, 02:20 PM
But if they’re not working, you need to find something that does. If you want to get your life back, you need to make changes.....

It's not helped being off from work again I'd just got back into a routine and things were getting a little easier. I thought I'd be able to cope going back but the more time I've spent away from work the more anxious I get.

Covid also hasn't helped I just want to stay in until it calms down

Paula
11-06-20, 02:22 PM
It’s not really about how you were coping before, it’s how you’re coping now. The longer you leave things as they are, the harder it’s going to get. Please call your doctor

Suzi
11-06-20, 03:44 PM
Stella and Paula are completely right.
You don't have to talk to your partner about your mental health all the time, talk to her about other things - talk about the weather, it doesn't matter, just talk to her. It'll help build up your relationship so you can talk about your health too...

john82
15-06-20, 07:04 PM
Had another appointment cancelled today with the mental health practitioner two in a row now don't see the point in trying a 3rd time.

Suzi
15-06-20, 08:48 PM
Then go and see your doctor. Tell them why you are there and not seeing the mh practitioner...

john82
16-06-20, 03:53 PM
So far today's been odd it's my birthday and I've tried to snap out of it and be more positive my gf's gone to alot of trouble lots of gifts made me a cake, had afternoon tea delivered my sister & nephew have been up to sit in the garden along with my mum & dad and yet I don't seem to find any joy or happiness atm it's bad but I'm thinking I just wish they hadn't bothered and leave me alone.

Suzi
16-06-20, 04:27 PM
Happy birthday!
Did you think about calling the doctors?

john82
16-06-20, 04:51 PM
Happy birthday!
Did you think about calling the doctors?

Thanks I hope I didn't sound to ungrateful.

No had a missed call off them today and they've left a voicemail but not listened to it, I was trying to have a day where I didn't have to worry about anything no stress etc.

I'm currently in the garage trying to work out to keep my mind good sometimes I wish I could just hide away in here

Paula
16-06-20, 05:02 PM
Happy birthday!

Stella180
16-06-20, 05:28 PM
Happy Birthday John.

john82
16-06-20, 05:37 PM
Thank you both (inlove)

john82
15-07-20, 10:20 PM
Thought I'd update still off work my anxiety is still really high was supposed to go into work a few times but haven't managed it, doesn't help when we've been put back into lock down joys of living in Leicester, and now the mask news has only made it worse.

I've another appointment booked for a different doctor on the 24th after speaking to her last week she wrote to the psychiatrist again as I need more support had a letter this week for a telephone appointment for the first week of August.

Paula
16-07-20, 07:38 AM
Well done for talking to another doctor. What’s the telephone appointment for?

Suzi
16-07-20, 09:49 AM
Sorry you're still struggling.
Well done for being proactive though! Are you going to see this Dr on a regular basis now?

john82
16-07-20, 06:47 PM
Well done for talking to another doctor. What’s the telephone appointment for?

It's just a follow up as I wanted to up my meds but I'd already requested my prescription so she couldn't do it. She wanted to sign me off work so at least I'd be getting some money but I don't want to be signed off as I'm worried about my job.

I'm not sure if it's going to be regular there's not much they can do tbh apart from change my meds just feels like a waste of time. I tried to book in with the metal health practitioner but his next appointment wasn't until the end of August (shake)

Paula
16-07-20, 07:36 PM
It might be worth taking that appointment anyway, in case things aren’t resolved before that. You can always cancel....

Suzi
16-07-20, 07:46 PM
I agree, take it. You deserve to be seen. Do you feel your meds are helping?

Oh and whether you've just requested a repeat prescription or not they can still up your meds, that's just nonsense that they can't!

john82
16-07-20, 08:16 PM
I'm definitely taking the appointment it's a telephone appointment due to the virus.

Hoping the psychiatrist can offer me some support but that's not until August.

I've felt OK the last few weeks but today Its as if I can feel my mood shift and I become withdrawn and stressed easily then the sickness starts as I start to worry so I'm not sure the last thing I want them doing is messing around with my meds again as it took 12 months just to find something which didn't cause me any side effects so I'm quite anxious about them messing.

Suzi
16-07-20, 09:38 PM
Maybe try talking a bit more? Rather than letting things build up?

john82
16-07-20, 10:38 PM
Maybe try talking a bit more? Rather than letting things build up?

I don't really have much to talk about tbh or where to start. I do the same thing most days routine etc. I've lost all contact with friends/work colleagues. I'm not even sure why I'm feeling down or what I can talk about. I've always struggled communicating tbh.

Paula
17-07-20, 09:08 AM
Sometimes it helps just to say that you’re sad, or anxious, or life’s tough today itms. You know that here we all get it, even if everyone around you irl doesn’t ....

Suzi
17-07-20, 11:31 AM
Exactly as Paula has said. You don't have to talk in full sentences, or in ordered paragraphs. Sometimes just saying that things are tough or that you're struggling with something specific really helps...

john82
17-07-20, 11:59 AM
I did tell my partner that I was feeling low and that my anxiety was building but I get no response or other occasions she asks why and I can't give an answer.

Suzi
17-07-20, 01:08 PM
Then talk here.

john82
17-07-20, 07:35 PM
Then talk here.

Thats what I already do but feels bad only coming on here when I get low etc.

Plus there's only so many times you can write how you feel but it never seems to change.

Stella180
17-07-20, 08:16 PM
That’s kinda what this place is here for

Suzi
17-07-20, 09:05 PM
But you always leave it so long until you come here and then you don't really get the full benefit of the community...

john82
27-07-20, 10:28 AM
So after waiting for a few months just had my follow up with the psychiatrist.

Not very happy with how it went the guy kept talking over me saying it was only a quick follow up, I didnt really think he was listening he asked me if I'd had a diagnosis. I don't have a clue all I keep seeing is anxiety and depression nobody's listening when I tell them about my mood swings etc.

In the end he asked what I was wanting from the call...

I told him the Dr's contacted you as I've been getting no support to which he said well how do you want us to help, I replied I didn't know you are the expert I don't know what options I have.

Its left me feeling very down, annoyed, angry and just makes me think there's no point in asking for help in the future.

Paula
27-07-20, 10:33 AM
I suggest going back to your GP and explaining all this, and explaining you had no support/options given to you.

There is always a point for asking for help, even if one doctor doesn’t get it, doesn’t mean you don’t deserve it

john82
27-07-20, 10:55 AM
I suggest going back to your GP and explaining all this, and explaining you had no support/options given to you.

There is always a point for asking for help, even if one doctor doesn’t get it, doesn’t mean you don’t deserve it

Ive got a follow up with my doctor next week I'll mention it then.

I just got the usual increase your meds and increase the buspirone :(:

When he kept asking me what help I wanted I mentioned about cbt and that I found it abit repetitive so he's booked me in for speech therapy again (wait)

Paula
27-07-20, 11:07 AM
What meds, other than buspirone, did he increase?

Suzi
27-07-20, 01:02 PM
Why speech therapy?

john82
27-07-20, 07:01 PM
He told me to increase the buspirone but didn't tell me to how much, also asked if I wanted to increase the brintellix to 20mg I think he said speech therapy I think more cbt.

And that was it another follow up 2 months later :(:.

This guy is covering for my old psychiatrist until they fill the position according to the letter I received.

Suzi
27-07-20, 07:03 PM
I really think you should go and see your Dr about the increase in meds and the question over speech therapy...

john82
27-07-20, 07:48 PM
I really think you should go and see your Dr about the increase in meds and the question over speech therapy...

I'm going to see if I can get in with the mental health practitioner tomorrow.

I'm prob wrong about speech therapy just looked at it he def said cbt because I remember saying I'd had that and found it repetitive but he didn't listen.

Doctor told me to mention my moods again he wasn't interested just said it was a quick call me most likely babbling on.

Suzi
27-07-20, 08:58 PM
In future could your wife sit with you through these appointments? There are several things there that have been mixed up and if you mix up medication dosages etc then it could have serious consequences.

john82
27-07-20, 09:14 PM
In future could your wife sit with you through these appointments? There are several things there that have been mixed up and if you mix up medication dosages etc then it could have serious consequences.

She usually comes with me but stays in the waiting room today was a telephone appointment,and I'd rather have her not listen to what I'm thinking or feeling half the time.

Paula
27-07-20, 09:39 PM
Why not? I know my husband really didn’t understand my illness until he started being involved in the appointments

john82
27-07-20, 09:55 PM
Why not? I know my husband really didn’t understand my illness until he started being involved in the appointments

Because Im still trying to get my head around it myself which is the most frustrating thing and I think it would upset my girlfriend

Paula
28-07-20, 08:41 AM
You ‘think’ but you don’t know. Surely you’re making an assumption based on how you feel about it, not how she feels?

Suzi
28-07-20, 10:11 AM
It really helped Marc when I went in with him as I was able to say how things had been from my point of view too. It meant they got a truer representation of how things really were itms? It also helped me to know how things really were for him... It was so much easier to deal with when I knew accurately what I was dealing with too...

john82
28-07-20, 03:01 PM
You ‘think’ but you don’t know. Surely you’re making an assumption based on how you feel about it, not how she feels?

I seen how she was when she read the medical report the doctors gave me.

I've got another appointment with the mental health practitioner next Thursday but I'm going to ring this Thursday first thing to see if there's been a cancellation,wondering if it'll get cancelled again:s.

Thing is for a while I can feel really low but I can't figure out why apart from just feeling down, then the next minute I'm feeling like I can get loads done around the house etc and I'm spending £300 on a egg chair for the garden which we didn't need and didn't go down very well.Then for a period I'm feeling okay then the low moods start again and I don't feel like talking or socialising and the cycle seems to repeat.

Suzi
28-07-20, 03:17 PM
£300 on an egg chair is something I wouldn't be happy about unless we'd talked about it either tbh!
There doesn't always have to be a reason, sometimes it just is.

I really think you need to talk to your partner more. How was she when she read the medical report - what did it say?

Paula
28-07-20, 09:46 PM
Have you told your doctors about the sudden jumps in mood?

john82
29-07-20, 12:13 PM
Have you told your doctors about the sudden jumps in mood?

Yes I told the doctor last week who told me to mention it to the psychiatrist which I did, but he didn't ask about it

Suzi
29-07-20, 12:54 PM
Have you been back to speak to the dr and told him all this?

john82
29-07-20, 02:57 PM
Have you been back to speak to the dr and told him all this?

Ive got a appointment Monday and another appointment with the mental health practitioner a week Thursday but hoping I can get in tomorrow

Suzi
29-07-20, 03:10 PM
Write a list for them...

john82
29-07-20, 03:32 PM
Write a list for them...

A list?

Suzi
29-07-20, 04:20 PM
Yes, a list of all the things you need to check/go over - including the confusion with the change in dosage, the speech or cbt, the fact you feel that he didn't listen to you, mood swings, buying random purchases like the very expensive egg chair whilst you aren't working etc Go back through your thread here and write a list of every issue that you need to mention and then go through that list with them.

Paula
29-07-20, 04:53 PM
^^^wss

john82
29-07-20, 08:26 PM
Thank you will do

john82
30-07-20, 10:58 AM
Managed to get an appointment for 11.30-12.30 I'm nervous and anxious as I'm not even sure what to talk about I've wrote a list but I'm worried I'm wasting his time

john82
30-07-20, 01:19 PM
No surprise no phone call.

Paula
30-07-20, 01:56 PM
Call them back. That’s appalling!

john82
30-07-20, 04:24 PM
Call them back. That’s appalling!

He left me a voicemail at 3pm saying he's working till 4pm call reception spent 40 mins on hold :@ waiting for a call back now

john82
30-07-20, 09:21 PM
Had the phone call mentioned a few things he wants. Me to take 3.x 10mg of buspirone a day.

Dismissed my moods as he said it couldn't be bioploar as I'd be changing subject all the time? And I never seem to be high? I mentioned I go through different stages all the time he says I've Extreme anxiety which is causing me to feel very low when I get anxious? Not sure I agree with that.

I've another appointment in 2 weeks to see how I've been getting on not really much help in getting out he just said try and go for little walks with my partner and take a buspirone before.

Suzi
30-07-20, 09:46 PM
Try taking the meds and keep a mood diary... It's an important thing to do. Even more if you feel that they are dismissing how you are feeling.

john82
30-07-20, 10:03 PM
Try taking the meds and keep a mood diary... It's an important thing to do. Even more if you feel that they are dismissing how you are feeling.

I will do, I think I've seen a few apps that I could use to keep a diary.

Once again I'd like to say thanks for the reply I've been getting (y)(hi)

Suzi
31-07-20, 09:06 AM
You're welcome.

The more detail you can put in it the better - even smiley faces for morning, late morning, afternoon, evening, bed and then note if it changes during those times too.

scilover
10-08-20, 04:34 AM
Does mirtazapine make you emotional?

If you miss doses, it can increase your risk of relapse. An abrupt end to Remeron causes withdrawal symptoms that can include dizziness, vomiting, headaches, and nausea. You may also be extremely emotional and in some cases, people have become suicidal. so make sure to take your meds and be careful.

john82
10-08-20, 09:33 PM
Does mirtazapine make you emotional?

If you miss doses, it can increase your risk of relapse. An abrupt end to Remeron causes withdrawal symptoms that can include dizziness, vomiting, headaches, and nausea. You may also be extremely emotional and in some cases, people have become suicidal. so make sure to take your meds and be careful.

Hi I'm not taking Mirtazapine now I'm on Buspirone and Vortioxetine.

Felt a shift in my mood again today felt good all morning and afternoon the evening comes and I can feel my mood changing, the loneliness comes on

Suzi
10-08-20, 10:10 PM
Are you keeping track of your moods?

john82
12-08-20, 08:58 PM
Are you keeping track of your moods?
Yes so far they've mainly been bad days or meh days using an app called daylio.

Paula
12-08-20, 09:13 PM
When’s your next appointment?

john82
12-08-20, 10:05 PM
When’s your next appointment?

Got the mental health practitioner calling me 2mos he's going to moan as he's told me to take buspirone 3 times a day but it makes me light headed and brings back the sweating issues not that this weather has helped. Ive also been sitting in the car whilst my partner shops as I don't want to wear a mask and don't want to get moaned at for not so it's easier to stay in the car

Paula
12-08-20, 10:43 PM
Then ask if there’s an alternative to Buspirone....

john82
12-08-20, 10:52 PM
Then ask if there’s an alternative to Buspirone....

I know what he'll say that it's been really hot for the past 6 days etc feel like it's pointless and it'll just get dismissed,or that I shouldn't let it bother me.

Strugglingmum
12-08-20, 10:59 PM
At least you tried with the Buspirone and that's all anyone can ask and I guess that's part of having a review that you can discuss medication problems.
I totally get the not wanting to wear a mask issue as I do find it a bit triggering too. It is probably better for your anxiety at this point to just wait in the car where you can breathe easier and you can always help with the carrying bags in and unpacking and help out that way.

john82
12-08-20, 11:09 PM
At least you tried with the Buspirone and that's all anyone can ask and I guess that's part of having a review that you can discuss medication problems.
I totally get the not wanting to wear a mask issue as I do find it a bit triggering too. It is probably better for your anxiety at this point to just wait in the car where you can breathe easier and you can always help with the carrying bags in and unpacking and help out that way.

Ive been trying to get a hidden disability lanyard & card which I think will help although ills still be the odd one out if everyone's wearing a mask.

Strugglingmum
12-08-20, 11:19 PM
Yes I've seen some advertised. Our government has actually put printable cards on their website that you can just download and print off. We have only been mask compulsory this week so we are a bit behind you guys I think.
I was shopping yesterday and while most people were wearing masks, there were a few who were not and tbh no one gave them a second look. I am just so scared of someone challenging me that I persevere with it but I am constantly pulling it out from my face to breath. It only takes me 20 mins to run round Asda so I'm managing it so far.