PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone, new and need help

Justchris
23-07-18, 09:53 AM
Hi guys.
I’ve been dealing with depression since I was about 14/15, and I’m now 28 yrs old. It’s been so long that I guess it’s almost a part of me, kind of like an arm or a leg.
I still have faith that there’s a brighter future and I’m willing to try anything to get myself there. I’ve tried a lot of tactics over the years with little joy, I hope by opening up to people who can relate to me I might finally start edging towards happiness.
Somethings gotta change folks, I can’t live the rest of my life feeling like a horrendous failure to myself and to the people who have enough patience to still be around me.
It’s all or nothing now, this isn’t a life worth living.
Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for reading

Suzi
23-07-18, 10:21 AM
Hi and welcome to the group.
Have you spoken to your GP about how you are feeling? Have you tried meds? Therapy?

OldMike
23-07-18, 10:33 AM
Hi Chris, welcome to DWD as Suzi say's have you been to seen your doctor have you had any form of treatment (meds/therapy)?

CaterpillarGirl
23-07-18, 10:33 AM
Hi, I'm the same as you, suffering from depression since I was a teen, now 31, I joined here last week and have already found it to be very helpful, everybody is warm, welcoming and encouraging, I hope you find it as helpful as I have

Justchris
23-07-18, 10:37 AM
Didn’t expect such prompt replies, already feeling the love :)

Yes I have been to the docs, I’m on mirtazapine and I’ve been through family counselling as a teen and CBT more recently. It has given me a few more tools to cope with depression like distraction techniques but it hasn’t solved the problem. It feels like I’m fighting the tide

Suzi
23-07-18, 10:58 AM
I've just read your other thread and replied ;)