PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Noel
21-07-18, 10:38 AM
Hello all , I joined as I am having a hard time with depression and anxiety again .
I have been on sertraline 100mg for 20 years and it has helped , although my symptoms come back every year in the spring / summer .
I have increased to 150mg ,7 days ago . I am hoping this will be a better dose for me to help maintain my depression and anxiety problems.
I will have a browse through the forums for now .

👍

OldMike
21-07-18, 10:50 AM
Hi Noel, I've been on and off Sertraline for about 25 years, initially 50mg now I'm on 100 mg and autumn/winter was always when the severe depression kicked in.

Just look round the forum and see what we have to offer, I'm sure you'll find this a very friendly place :)

Noel
21-07-18, 11:06 AM
Thank you OldMike , it helps to know others understand.

Paula
21-07-18, 11:57 AM
Hi Noel and welcome (hi). We’ve got a lot of members who, like you, have lived with this illness for a long time (I’m coming up to 30 years....). It’s a warm, supportive forum and a positive place to be

Did your doctor remind you that a change in dose will take several weeks to start having an impact?

Suzi
21-07-18, 12:09 PM
Hi Noel and welcome to DWD. Have you ever had any talking therapy?

Noel
21-07-18, 12:32 PM
Hi Noel and welcome (hi). We’ve got a lot of members who, like you, have lived with this illness for a long time (I’m coming up to 30 years....). It’s a warm, supportive forum and a positive place to be

Did your doctor remind you that a change in dose will take several weeks to start having an impact?

Hi Paula , the doctor did remind me . The thing is in the past I tend to feel better
towards the end of summer even on the 100mg . But I am hoping the increase long term will help lessen the impact or chance of yearly relapse.
I don’t know why the summer triggers my depression but maybe it could be a simple dosage increase could keep me well all year , or at least make it a bit easier.
To be honest I was a member on here a few years ago but I didn’t really post much . Then I was diagnosed with bipolar 2 so joined a bipolar forum . But I feel like I am not convinced of the bipolar dx .
It is more like recurring summer seasonal affective disorder .
The sertraline has helped me but not enough to help all year . I forgot all my old log in details so thought it best to start a fresh .
Thanks for your reply 🙂

Suzi
21-07-18, 12:36 PM
If you remember your old username I can see if I can find the posts for you?

Paula
21-07-18, 12:36 PM
Ah, then welcome back! ;)

Noel
21-07-18, 01:01 PM
Hi suzi , I am going to ask the pdoc about cbt as I have heard some good things about it . I may have used the username Liam ? But I am not sure . I tried searching but it wouldnÂ’t allow it .
Thanks for your reply ��

Sorry I don’t know what them question marks are . I was meant to put a smiley ��

Paula
21-07-18, 01:47 PM
Sorry I don’t know what them question marks are . I was meant to put a smiley ��

Lol, you can’t post normal emojis from your keyboard, but we do have a range of emojis available - click on the smiley in the bar above the text field

Suzi
21-07-18, 05:13 PM
I can't find an account under the name Liam - which probably means I've deleted it as per the new GDPR regulations.. But welcome back lovely.

Noel
21-07-18, 10:39 PM
Lol, you canÂ’t post normal emojis from your keyboard, but we do have a range of emojis available - click on the smiley in the bar above the text field

Ahh right , thanks for letting me know .

I can't find an account under the name Liam - which probably means I've deleted it as per the new GDPR regulations.. But welcome back lovely.

ThatÂ’s ok Suzi , thanks for checking.

Suzi
21-07-18, 11:04 PM
You're more than welcome ;)