PDA

View Full Version : Tennis and tiaras *Possible SU Trigger*

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Paula
02-07-18, 02:22 PM
Time to start a new thread, methinks. In honour of Wimbledon and my royal status, it’s tennis and tiaras :)

I’ve finished the last work I’m prepared to do for the charity as I resigned on Friday, so am sitting down watching Federer destroy his opponent - as he does lol. I might follow that by reading my book in the garden. Such hardship .....

I need to spend some time recovering, I think, the last few weeks with the charity have been quite horrible and it’s shaken my confidence a bit. The chair accused my friend and vice chair of ‘putting words in my mouth’ this morning, which says a lot about what’s been going on. Hey ho, I’m out of there now (whew)

Suzi
02-07-18, 02:31 PM
I can't tell you how pleased I am that you're out of there! It's disgraceful the way you've been treated. I wonder how many others have been treated in a similar way?

Paula
02-07-18, 03:52 PM
At least one I know of, but I thought things had changed. Im trying not to be angry, just to accept it and move on. Easier said than done

OldMike
02-07-18, 04:29 PM
Federer was on TV (no sound) while I was eating lunch at the Blue Bell :)

Suzi
02-07-18, 04:41 PM
Much easier said than done...

magie06
02-07-18, 05:03 PM
It's shocking how you were treated. The only thing you can do is take it easy and one day it won't be the first thing you think of.

Flo
02-07-18, 05:23 PM
You're well off out of there Paula. You're too much of a lady to work with those prats! Don't let it shake your confidence! You weren't sacked, you resigned! It's their loss. You had a close shave.

Jarre
02-07-18, 06:34 PM
(panda) theres a point when you have to think of you, you've done the right thing.

Paula
03-07-18, 12:08 PM
Just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse, the Chair has been really nasty to my friend - accusing her of wrongdoing over my resignation. And now one of the other trustees is fishing to see whether I’ve been doing my job properly ;(

Jaquaia
03-07-18, 01:09 PM
It sounds like a witch hunt because they've been challenged (panda)

Paula
03-07-18, 01:26 PM
Yeah, I hate this, I can’t understand why people behave like this

Suzi
03-07-18, 03:57 PM
Oh sweetheart (hugs)

magie06
03-07-18, 05:24 PM
How are things today?

Flo
03-07-18, 08:11 PM
Yeah, I hate this, I can’t understand why people behave like this

I have to agree with Jaq....they've been challenged and maybe they have something to worry about.

Paula
03-07-18, 08:18 PM
I have to agree with Jaq....they've been challenged and maybe they have something to worry about.

They do, they just don’t know it yet. But it’s not coming from me - I’ve washed my hands

Suzi
03-07-18, 08:37 PM
Karma? Or revenge being a dish best served cold? Is your friend staying on?

Onto more lovely things.... What are you doing that's nice for you this week?

Paula
03-07-18, 08:48 PM
She’s ..... weighing up her options

This week I’m making the most of the weather and sitting in my garden, reading lots (I think 10 books in the last week). I’m having my nails done Thursday and my hair on Friday and, of course, there’s Wimbledon :)

magie06
03-07-18, 09:52 PM
I'm so pleased that you are not doing anything more strenuous Paula. You've had enough stress recently to do you till this time next year. Enjoy your tennis.

Suzi
03-07-18, 10:05 PM
Good for you!

Flo
04-07-18, 11:39 AM
Morning love. How's things today? Better I hope. Ten books in a week?? You must have a constant supply coming in! The only things I've managed to read lately are knitting instructions and recipes! I can't seem to muster up the enthusiasm to read. But have a good day sweetie.x

Paula
04-07-18, 12:23 PM
I’m a little bit shaky today, literally and metaphorically. Not surprising really, I think everything’s caught up with me. So, plan is for a nice easy day again, followed by bible study tonight

Suzi
04-07-18, 02:46 PM
How's the bible study going? This is with the newer group isn't it?
I'm not surprised you're shaky lovely. Stick with the "be kind to yourself" methodology today please...

Paula
04-07-18, 03:03 PM
The newer group is lovely and very supportive. They’re a gentle group, me not so much so it’s a wonder they’re putting up with me ;)

I’m being kind to me, reading my book with Federer on the tele

magie06
04-07-18, 03:17 PM
I'm glad you are being kind to yourself. You deserve it and when you can leave your feet up.

OldMike
04-07-18, 03:41 PM
Boy am I slow I thought "Tennis & Tiaras" was about Wimbledon (why isn't there much tennis talk) and it has taken me 2 days to realise this is Paula's thread which replaces "I am Groot".

So in honour of me I've got a song called "Mike the Snail" (for some reason Mike is spelled Bob (giggle))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfQwixe_Qms

Paula
04-07-18, 03:53 PM
(rofl)

I’ve just being doing my fav ‘be kind to me’ activity - shoe and dress shopping :)

Suzi
04-07-18, 06:23 PM
OO dress shopping! I haven't worn a dress in very many years! I've been thinking about getting one though - does that count?

Jaquaia
04-07-18, 08:30 PM
Have you seen some of the Scarlett and Jo dresses?!? (inlove)

Suzi
04-07-18, 08:46 PM
I have..... They are lovely!

Jaquaia
04-07-18, 08:49 PM
I've been wearing a jersey maxi skirt from Yours. It's slit to the knees and has pockets!!!! It's one of the most comfortable things I have ever worn and so cool.

Suzi
05-07-18, 09:54 AM
So, what dresses and shoes did you choose Paula?

Paula
05-07-18, 10:19 AM
A pair of black lace ballerina shoes ( https://www.simplybe.co.uk/shop/casey-lace-ballerina-extra-wide-eee-fit/wx263/product/details/show.action?pdBoUid=8015#colour:,size:)and 6 dresses (one of which is this https://www.simplybe.co.uk/shop/joanna-hope-lace-dress/ar148/product/details/show.action?pdBoUid=7205#colour:,size:). I don’t intend to keep them all (honest)

Bible study last night helped me a lot. I fessed up to all that’s been going on with the charity and got really upset, but they were all so lovely and supportive.

Suzi
05-07-18, 10:29 AM
Those shoes and dresses are so pretty!

I'm glad you were able to talk about how you've been feeling with bible study group last night. I'm so glad you felt it helped xx

Jaquaia
05-07-18, 12:34 PM
They are gorgeous!!!! Have you looked at Elsie's Attic? They have some stunning tea dresses

Paula
05-07-18, 12:38 PM
Ooo I haven’t. Thanks for the tip :)

Angie
05-07-18, 04:39 PM
Those are lovely hunni x

Paula
05-07-18, 05:01 PM
My polo is a bit ‘ick, feeling very sorry form himself. So, he is sick on the rug and Si cleans it up with bleach. And then leaves the bleach with its top undone on top of my solid oak worktop! :@

OldMike
05-07-18, 05:15 PM
Just reading back thought I was in M & S ladies clothing aisle ;)

Awwww poor Polo hope he gets better soon. Dunno about Si though think he needs retraining (giggle)

magie06
05-07-18, 06:38 PM
Oh no! Is there a mark? Can anything be done to fix it?

Paula
05-07-18, 07:06 PM
It can be fixed tho that means sanding and restraining.

https://preview.ibb.co/dhTTRd/7_F29_BC0_D_99_D8_4_EB6_88_E3_6420894_C8_BA0.jpg (https://ibb.co/eF42md)
how to delete your pinterest account (https://deleteacc.com/pinterest)

Angie
05-07-18, 07:17 PM
oppps, hope Polo feels better soon

Suzi
05-07-18, 10:32 PM
Oh no! So is that Si's job this weekend?
How's the lovely Polo now?

Paula
06-07-18, 11:29 AM
Polo’s on a drip at the vets. I took him in this morning as he’s still throwing up. He’s got a bit of a temperature. They’re going to run bloods in case he’s got pancreatitis although it could be the heat. Hopefully the fluids will help

Jaquaia
06-07-18, 12:03 PM
Poor polo! Hope it's the weather and he recovers quickly (panda)

Suzi
06-07-18, 12:21 PM
Oh no! Poor Polo! Are you OK?

Paula
06-07-18, 02:02 PM
Yeah I’m ok. I’ll ring the vets in a bit to see how he’s doing

Suzi
06-07-18, 03:58 PM
Any news??

Paula
06-07-18, 10:30 PM
Hi all, sorry for the radio silence. We picked Polo up from the vets at 7pm and the plan was to take him back in the morning and probably put him back on a drip till lunchtime. But we got him home and his back legs collapsed. We ended up having to take him to the out of hours vet half hour away. The legs are because his arthritis is bad (probably threw up all the usual pain relief we give him) but they reran his bloods and his kidneys are failing - the toxin levels are 3 times what they should be. He’s being kept in overnight on a drip. He’s so poorly, my boy, and I’m very worried ;(

magie06
06-07-18, 10:38 PM
Oh Paula. That's terrible news. Your poor doggie. I hope you can get some rest tonight. Polo is in the right place for now, and hopefully the drip will put him right.

Angie
06-07-18, 10:52 PM
Oh hunni, (bear)

Jaquaia
06-07-18, 10:59 PM
Will keep everything crossed for you (panda)

Paula
07-07-18, 08:39 AM
Well, up at the very crack of dawn to pick him up from the emergency vets, we’re going to our normal vets at 9.40. He’s a bit brighter this morning, he’s had strong pain killing injections and a lot more fluids, but the most recent bloods haven’t got any better wrt his kidneys - and the vet says it’s his kidneys, not his liver that’s struggling. A liver can regenerate, kidneys can’t :(

OldMike
07-07-18, 08:48 AM
Poor Polo, you're doing your very best for him and giving him the best possible life you can showering him with love and affection. I suppose the heat isn't doing him any good.

I'm in panda mode today so (panda) x 10 for Polo and (panda) x 10 for you Paula.

Flo
07-07-18, 08:50 AM
Oh, poor old Polo! How old is he Paula?.......I hope things go ok for him..and all of you of course! It's so heart wrenching when a pet is poorly. I'll keep my fingers crossed too!

Paula
07-07-18, 10:22 AM
He’s 11, Flo.

So, he’s back in our normal vets for a couple more hours fluid to try to flush toxins out and keep him comfortable for the rest of the weekend. More detailed blood result are due on Monday but it’s not looking good. When I asked the prognosis, the vet said that, if it is what they think, he’s got days/weeks at best

Suzi
07-07-18, 11:12 AM
Oh hunni I'm so so sorry... How are you doing?

Jaquaia
07-07-18, 11:57 AM
(panda)

Suzi
07-07-18, 04:54 PM
Any news?

Paula
07-07-18, 06:28 PM
We took the decision, against vets advice, to bring him home. Hopefully he’ll stay stable until Monday and we won’t have to have him admitted again over the weekend - though there’s a good chance of that. We felt that he’d be far less stressed at home.

He’s showing signs of possible organ failure but the vet didn’t want to be making any decisions until the bloods are back

OldMike
07-07-18, 06:53 PM
Paula he'll feel more settled at home with his family around him (panda)

Paula
07-07-18, 07:34 PM
He’s really not feeling well ....

https://preview.ibb.co/hkQCNT/4690_B788_FC59_4_B73_832_B_9601_E9_FDB861.jpg (https://ibb.co/bMMmhT)
famous childhood poems (https://poetandpoem.com/childhood)

Jaquaia
07-07-18, 07:35 PM
Poor fella :( (panda)

OldMike
07-07-18, 09:29 PM
;( (panda)

Angie
07-07-18, 10:48 PM
Oh hunni am so sorry he is so ill xxx

OldMike
08-07-18, 10:20 AM
How is Polo today Paula? (panda)

Paula
08-07-18, 11:31 AM
He’s a bit more with it this morning though we’re doing everything for him, syringing water in his mouth, carrying him out for a wee etc. Si slept in the living room last night.

Suzi
08-07-18, 12:32 PM
Oh hunni, poor boy.
How are you today?

Paula
08-07-18, 02:10 PM
Devastated. We both keep telling each other not to get ahead of ourselves before we get the results back but the vet made it clear not to expect miracles. We adopted Polo when I was really struggling with my MH and he saved me. I can’t imagine life without him

magie06
08-07-18, 02:16 PM
(panda)

Suzi
08-07-18, 10:19 PM
Sweetheart you saved him as much as he has saved you. Hunni, you know I understand - we've been through it not long ago with our beautiful grumpy Casey who saved us in so many ways.. Hunni you just need to focus on each step. You know we're here for you, keep talking.

Paula
09-07-18, 07:32 AM
We’re even more worried now - Luna has stopped eating. But I’ve told Si we need to get through whatever we need to get through with Polo today first (though he has perked up a bit)

OldMike
09-07-18, 08:13 AM
Oh dear it could just be the heat in Luna's case. Hugs to Luna, Polo, Paula and Si (bear)

Jaquaia
09-07-18, 09:29 AM
Will be thinking of you lovely (panda)

Suzi
09-07-18, 09:35 AM
How are they both? How are you, Si and the girls?

Paula
09-07-18, 10:47 AM
Luna’s Not great but I’m pretty sure it’s the heat. She hasn’t eaten over the weekend and is lethargic so we’ll keep an eye on her

Just got back from the vets. Polo is a bit brighter today this morning and had a mouthful of food for the first time since Wednesday night. He has pancreatitis and probably a secondary infection affecting his kidneys. The vet is happy with how much he’s improved but said he’s not out of the woods yet. He’s got antibiotics and will need repeat bloods in a month. We took a risk bringing him home Saturday against vets advice but he’s had 24/7 care from us this weekend that he wouldn’t have had in hospital.

There’s been lots of tears in this family this morning! (except Jess, she doesn’t do tears lol)

OldMike
09-07-18, 11:04 AM
That's good news Paula (panda)

Flo
09-07-18, 11:14 AM
Poor old Polo....but he's at home and I believe it's the right place. He doesn't need stress at the moment, besides he'll get better quicker with you all around him. A day at a time Paula eh?

Paula
09-07-18, 11:26 AM
Yep, Flo, absolutely

Suzi
09-07-18, 01:41 PM
Wow, I wasn't expecting that! Well done Polo, such a fighter!!!

Paula
09-07-18, 04:41 PM
Wow, I wasn't expecting that! Well done Polo, such a fighter!!!

Us neither! Si actually cried in front of the vets - even the girls haven’t ever seen him cry! My mum prayed for a miracle, I told her that wasn’t going to happen. I was wrong :)

However, Luna’s not great :/ she’s not been eating the last couple of days, the heats been getting to her. She’s old and skinny anyway so has nothing to spare and her legs are weak. So we’ve started syringing yoghurt and fish into her. Flipping dogs!

Jaquaia
09-07-18, 05:14 PM
Would a cooling coat help? Or B&M have been selling cooling mats quite cheaply.

Suzi
09-07-18, 05:20 PM
Try goats milk in the water, each rescue dog we've had who has had issues with eating etc we've done goats milk (semi skimmed St Helens farm is the best one we've found) and it settles their tummy's...

Paula
10-07-18, 12:36 AM
So, we completely got it wrong. Luna collapsed earlier and we’ve had to rush her to the out of hours vet. They’re keeping her in on a drip but her tummy is very sore and, given she’s on anti inflammatories, they’re concerned she’s got a perforated ulcer and internal bleeding. They’re going to do an ultrasound and we go from there.

Polo’s a lot more comfortable though ......

OldMike
10-07-18, 07:14 AM
Poor Luna ;( (panda)

Hope Polo is beginning to improve. (bear) (panda)

Paula
10-07-18, 08:25 AM
This is a roller coaster! Ultrasound and other tests came back normal other than slightly elevated kidney issues. They now think she’s got a particularly nasty tummy upset as she’s started with the runs ...... she’s got to stay on the drip today and we go from there

Polo’s recovering and looking a lot more with 8t but still not got much appetite

This week has been so horrible, we’re both exhausted and completely drained

Suzi
10-07-18, 09:48 AM
They couldn't have both eaten something when they've been out at all could they? Seems odd that they both get ill so soon together....

Jaquaia
10-07-18, 09:57 AM
I'm not surprised you're exhausted (panda)

Paula
10-07-18, 10:32 AM
They couldn't have both eaten something when they've been out at all could they? Seems odd that they both get ill so soon together....

We asked the vet that this morning. She thinks it’s highly unlikely and is just a horrible coincidence. Tbh, they never go off the lead so it’d be unlikely they’d have eaten something without Si knowing.

Luna is so thin, you can see every vertebrae ;(

Suzi
10-07-18, 11:07 AM
Oh hunni!

Flo
10-07-18, 12:05 PM
Poor you!! Is Luna your greyhound Paula? I remember some years ago when we had Penny, she had a mysterious illness with terrible runs, and she spent a week at the vets. She was never quite right after that. She came home looking like a skeleton. I was shocked!..I mean, they're thin even when they aren't ill! They never really got to the bottom of it. We stopped feeding her her normal greyhound kibble. We were feeding her loads of fish and rice, chicken and rice and scrambled egg in the morning. They have such finely tuned digestive systems. Arrowroot powder mixed into her water is great for their upset tums. But I expect you know all this anyway....hope there's some improvement soon love.(bear)

Paula
10-07-18, 01:50 PM
They’re both greyhounds. Yeah they have got delicate stomachs, we give them greyhound food that’s low protein.

They’re both elderly, that’s the real issue .....

Paula
10-07-18, 07:55 PM
We’ve picked Luna up, she’s still not eating though her temp is lower. The vet wanted us to take her to the out of hours hospital but we’ve brought her home - we’ll call the hospital if we need to. Polo is improving almost by the hour though

Jaquaia
10-07-18, 08:17 PM
I hope she starts picking up (panda)

OldMike
10-07-18, 08:29 PM
(bear) (panda)

Suzi
10-07-18, 09:15 PM
I'm sure it's due to the heat - I'm struggling so I'm sure that they are too! I know Crash and Moiya are suffering...

Paula
10-07-18, 09:21 PM
I wish it was, Suzi, but her abdomens swollen and very painful, and her kidney’s are not doing great. But we’re syringing yoghurt and diluted chicken soup into her mouth every hour and she’s drinking so we’ll see how she’s goes

Suzi
10-07-18, 09:27 PM
Awww poor babies.... You must be so stressed out with it all...

Paula
10-07-18, 09:34 PM
Stressed, exhausted, sore ...... the plan is that, tonight, we’re going to syringe food into her every hour, all night. Maybe, just maybe, she’ll be stronger tomorrow morning when we go back to the vets.

However, Polo is really rallying. He’s eating well, he’s perkier and he’s been for a walk. This is the dog who came a hairbreadth away from being put to sleep on Saturday!

Paula
11-07-18, 08:21 AM
Well, Luna has kept all the food we've given her overnight down. She’s looking a bit more with it too. We’re back at the vets at 10.30 (our second home!). Hopefully, it’ll be better news. Polo is almost back to his usual self too :)

OldMike
11-07-18, 08:25 AM
That's good news Paula (panda)

Paula
11-07-18, 01:23 PM
The vet wanted to keep her in on a drip again but we decided to keep her home. Her abdomen has relaxed a bit which is a good sign. She is so terrified of the vets we thought it’d be easier for her at home - and we’re nursing her 24/7. Her detailed bloods come through later today so hopefully will give us a better idea what’s wrong

Suzi
11-07-18, 02:27 PM
Any news on the bloods?
How's she doing? Hope you're at least getting a small bit of rest. Is Si at home this week to help?

Paula
11-07-18, 03:12 PM
Bloods will be late afternoon. She’s managed to eat a slice of turkey! Yay (party). That’s the first time she’s shown any interest in food since the weekend :). She’s lost quite a bit of weight according to the vet (which is very obvious) which means she has to take smaller doses of tramadol, which is not ideal.

All her ribs are showing

https://image.ibb.co/cfFTMo/DAA04_BC3_BF70_48_E8_84_A5_2621857715_F9.jpg (https://ibb.co/eb0v1o)

Si was in London yesterday and has to go in tomorrow. Otherwise, he’s home. I did offer to do the night feeds last night but he wouldn’t let me :/

Paula
11-07-18, 06:34 PM
A few days ago I doubted I’d say this but, both my dogs have eaten tonight :)

Jaquaia
11-07-18, 06:43 PM
Brilliant :)

Angie
11-07-18, 06:47 PM
Thats brilliant hun

Suzi
11-07-18, 08:56 PM
I'm so pleased!!! I'm riding this roller coaster with you! I hope you guys are going to be able to get some sleep tonight.

Paula
11-07-18, 09:30 PM
Si might even sleep in our bed tonight ;)

Suzi
11-07-18, 10:25 PM
:) Hope so!

Flo
12-07-18, 09:42 AM
I'm pleased that both Luna and Polo appear to be making progress. Kids and animals!! They put serious grey hairs on your head don't they? He'll soon fill out again Paula. Penny would shake like a leaf when we arrived at the vets. If it's possible it's so much better for them to be at home. I hope you're managing a bit of sleep through all this.(panda)

Suzi
12-07-18, 09:44 AM
How were they both overnight? Did Si get to bed at all?

Paula
12-07-18, 01:23 PM
I spoke too soon. Detailed bloods have come back this morning for Luna. There’s a problem with her liver and kidneys, something to do with blood proteins. It’s very, very serious and there may not be a lot we can do. We’re taking both dogs in to the vets tomorrow morning, we’ve got to get a wee sample from Luna to take in and we’ll go from there.

Suzi
12-07-18, 01:56 PM
Oh no! I don't know what to say.... I'm so sorry lovely x Poor, poor Luna x

magie06
12-07-18, 03:40 PM
(panda)

OldMike
12-07-18, 05:42 PM
(bear) (panda)

Angie
12-07-18, 06:02 PM
Oh hunni (bear)

Flo
12-07-18, 06:03 PM
Oh what a shame Paula! i hope they can do something.

Suzi
13-07-18, 10:11 AM
Any news love?

OldMike
13-07-18, 10:21 AM
Princess Paula (she who sparkles like diamonds in the sky) sending you my love (panda)

Paula
13-07-18, 10:21 AM
Vet was very happy with Polo, he’s pretty much back to normal. Luna - her kidneys are failing and possibly also her liver. Unlike cats, apparently dogs don't do well with kidney failure and there’s not a lot they can do for Luna at this stage. However, she’s confident Luna’s not in pain and she’s eating, which is good. Luna’s comfortable right now so the vet is happy to treat her symptomatically for now and see how she goes. So we’ve brought her home and will take it Day by day. The vet did talk about referring her to a specialist but we agreed that, at her age, that wouldn’t be fair on her

We’re hoping for a weekend free of vets ;)

Suzi
13-07-18, 12:13 PM
I'm so relieved! I'm so glad that you're all home...

Paula
13-07-18, 12:39 PM
It’s going to be tough trying to work out day to day whether she’s deteriorating but she’s been fighting this and It’s not her time yet.

Jaquaia
13-07-18, 03:20 PM
You will know when it's her time and I know that you will do what's right because that's just the type of person you are. One thing you know for definite is she will end her days happy and loved (panda)

Suzi
13-07-18, 03:30 PM
Exactly. You will know when it's her time. You have given her so much love she will know that she's surrounded in love.

OldMike
13-07-18, 04:37 PM
Paula you've given Polo and Luna a loving home and that's what counts, all I can do is keep you and your pets in my thoughts and send you all my love (panda)

Paula
13-07-18, 05:32 PM
now, finally, to non dog related activities in our week - we’ve got friends coming round for dinner this evening. We haven’t seen them in a while so really looking forward to it :)

Suzi
13-07-18, 08:46 PM
Hope you're having a lovely time!!

Flo
14-07-18, 08:36 AM
How did the dinner party go?.....more importantly, how's Luna this morning?

OldMike
14-07-18, 08:45 AM
How are Polo and Luna doing and how are you Paula? (panda)

Suzi
14-07-18, 11:56 AM
How is everything and everyone at Sparkles Mansion?

Paula
14-07-18, 03:21 PM
We had a lovely evening, I ate too much and drank a little too much so was a bit squiffy ;). I might stay off the scales tomorrow lol. It was so good to see them :)

Polo is pretty much back to normal which is amazing considering where he was this time last week. Luna’s ok, she’s getting upset when Polo goes for a walk without her so I think that’s a good sign

We’re off to see Jurassic World tonight!

Angie
14-07-18, 03:40 PM
Am glad that you had a good time, and that Polo is on the mend, if Luna is upset at him going out then I think that is a good sign aswell
Jurassic world is a good film we saw it at the beginning of the month, am giving nothing away but if you are prone to a few tears there is one point I would have a tissue handy so might be worth taking some, but its worth watching

Paula
14-07-18, 04:26 PM
Prone to tears? Moi??? (giggle)

Angie
14-07-18, 06:32 PM
(rofl) lol hope you enjoy

OldMike
14-07-18, 06:37 PM
Enjoy Jurassic World Paula and take a box of tissues in case you get something in your eye ;)

Suzi
14-07-18, 10:33 PM
OO no spoilers please! Hope you have had a lovely day! Glad that things went well last night too...

Paula
14-07-18, 11:20 PM
OO no spoilers please! Hope you have had a lovely day! Glad that things went well last night too...

Some have told me it was predictable. I disagree, it was quite different to previous films. I enjoyed it, except I had a large diet sprite and was busting for the loo the whole way through ;)

OldMike
15-07-18, 09:57 AM
Glad you enjoyed it Paula even if you were bustin' for a pee all the way through (giggle)

Suzi
15-07-18, 10:48 AM
OOps! I've done that before now!

Paula
15-07-18, 08:38 PM
Forgive me for posting another pic of my little girl but we took photos today so we could document if she’s putting on weight, and this one really shocked and upset me

https://image.ibb.co/h3jDwy/B4_FAB97_A_522_F_4_A2_A_B067_27_D80294_C538.jpg (https://ibb.co/cefmGy)

Jaquaia
15-07-18, 08:52 PM
Awww bless her! I'm not surprised you're upset lovely (panda)

Is there a food you can give her which promotes weight gain?

OldMike
15-07-18, 09:00 PM
Poor love ;(

Jaq's idea of special food might be worth looking in to, I'm no expert in greyhound nutrition so can't really be of much help, I'll send Luna and you a big hug (bear)

Paula
15-07-18, 09:09 PM
Greyhounds have to have a very low protein diet. Having said that, they’re both having chicken and rice as it’s the only thing they’ll eat at the moment.

OldMike
15-07-18, 09:14 PM
Didn't realise that was on the verge of suggesting protein supplements thinking they would build her up :( You're doing all you can Paula by the sounds of it. Is Polo doing okay?

Suzi
15-07-18, 10:30 PM
It's little and often I suppose... Poor old girl she certainly doesn't look well (bear)(bear) You're doing all you can lovely....

Paula
16-07-18, 09:00 AM
Polo’s good, back to normal really, we just need to keep an eye on his pancreas.

Suzi
16-07-18, 01:15 PM
Well done Team Sparkles for 24 hour care for him! How's Luna doing lovely? Still syringe feeding?

Paula
16-07-18, 01:54 PM
Luna’s eating normally, which is a good sign, but she’s panting a lot which is worrying me. I don’t know if she’s stressed or in pain - we’ve had to reduce her tramadol from 5 tablets to 4 a day because of all the weight she’s lost.

Jaquaia
16-07-18, 03:01 PM
Could it be the heat? It's 26 up here at the moment and I know Talia is struggling with it, though the dozy mare keeps wanting to go in the garden!!!

Suzi
16-07-18, 03:20 PM
Poor Luna! Is there a different painkiller they could use? I know for Casey it's always been metacam, could something like that help?

Paula
16-07-18, 09:03 PM
She’s got rheumocam (anti inflammatory) as well as tramadol. Tbh, the tramadol is the strongest they can give her at home, apparently, but most importantly she’s been on it for a couple of years so I’m not sure whether it would make things worse for her trying to come off it itms

OldMike
16-07-18, 09:24 PM
Probably best to leave Luna's meds as they are, I'm sure as Jaq said the heat could be affecting her as well.

Suzi
16-07-18, 09:40 PM
I was wondering if the decrease in meds is causing something akin to withdrawal?

Paula
16-07-18, 10:36 PM
I was wondering if the decrease in meds is causing something akin to withdrawal?

Possibly ...

Suzi
17-07-18, 08:22 AM
How is she this morning?
How are you? What plans do you have for today?

Paula
17-07-18, 02:44 PM
She is looking a bit brighter today - she even begged me for some of my lunch :)

I’m a bit achy today so am having a quiet one. Jess is in a good mood so that’s helping lol

OldMike
17-07-18, 03:03 PM
That's good Paula I hope you gave Luna some of your lunch :)

Suzi
17-07-18, 03:22 PM
Glad she's looking brighter and you are having a good time with Jess!

Paula
22-07-18, 01:37 PM
Sorry for having a moan but ...... somehow my Fostair inhaler prescription request wasn’t sent to the GP. It should be here tomorrow but it means I’ve been without it since Thursday evening. I’ve been using my blue reliever inhaler but it’s not the same and my chest is starting to hurt. I’ll get the Fostair tomorrow and I’ll be ok but I’m annoyed this has happened

magie06
22-07-18, 01:42 PM
You are not moaning at all. That's a major item to be missing from your prescription. I'm not surprised that your chest is feeling tight. You poor thing, you have my sympathies. (panda)

OldMike
22-07-18, 04:01 PM
You're entitled to feel a bit miffed if an essential inhaler was missing from your prescription (panda)

Suzi
22-07-18, 04:42 PM
I hate it when things like that happen. I'm surprised your pharmacy wouldn't fax your doctor and give you one knowing the prescription is on the way..

Paula
22-07-18, 04:44 PM
I perhaps didn’t push it as much as I could have - I’ve forgotten that I really do have asthma but I was in hospital with it for 5 days 6 years ago. It’s under control and I don’t really think about it anymore. I should

Suzi
22-07-18, 04:52 PM
You really should..

OldMike
23-07-18, 09:51 AM
Hi Paula, how are you, Luna and Polo this fine Monday morning? (bear)

Flo
23-07-18, 06:05 PM
^^ what he said!..how's things love?

Paula
23-07-18, 06:53 PM
I met some friends for lunch. They are both also ex trustees so we were able to have a satisfying grumble ;)

My GP practice have received at least 3 requests for my inhaler over the past week - inc one I took over in person this morning. The pharmacy also rang them in front of me this afternoon yet still, at 6pm, the pharmacy have had to issue an emergency prescription. (swear)(swear)(swear)(swear)ed off doesn’t cut it!

Did I mention heat makes me grumpy? ;)

Suzi
23-07-18, 10:02 PM
That's outrageous! I'd be furious too!

Paula
25-07-18, 08:19 AM
Up to the hospital again this morning - I was there yesterday too. I’m seeing the eye doctor today and yesterday had to have a visual Fields tests in advance of seeing the doctor. Why I couldn’t have both appointments on the same day, I don’t know ....... hey ho.

Still, mums visiting today (party)

Suzi
25-07-18, 08:50 AM
YAY for your Mum visiting!
Hope the hospital goes well lovely x

OldMike
25-07-18, 09:04 AM
It seems silly that you couldn't do both appointments at once yesterday.

Yay for mum visiting, have lots of fun, coffee and cake with your mum.

Paula
25-07-18, 04:33 PM
What a day! Si was supposed to be coming to hospital today but had to go and see the big cheeses at work instead. Last night Jess said she’d come but at 9.30 this morning said ‘it’s too early to go up there’ ! I couldn’t be arsed with arguing it with her and the disabled parking spaces are within walkable distances ish, very ish from outpatients so I decided I had to do without the wheelchair. (I didn’t want to call the porters, I hate that)

No disabled spaces at the front of the hospital. No disabled spaces outside Physio (which would have been a major stretch but needs must). I ended up in the main car park, having to walk up the hill, up two flights of narrow stairs and all the way around to the other side of the (big) hospital building. My appointment was at 11, I got to see the doctor at 12. And then back again to my car.

My leg from knee to toe is massively swollen with pockets of fluid. I went out for lunch with mum but couldn’t enjoy it as much as I should because I was so sore. My optic nerves are still swollen despite the meds and my weight loss. I’m just fed up

OldMike
25-07-18, 05:10 PM
(bear) (panda)

Suzi
25-07-18, 05:45 PM
Oh hunni! (bear)(bear) (panda)(bear)(bear)

What's the next step then?

Flo
25-07-18, 07:02 PM
For goodness sake! You must be exhausted!.....you should have called a porter. That's why they're there! Hope you manage to get the swelling down.(bear) Hope the dogs are doing ok.

Angie
25-07-18, 07:03 PM
(bear)

magie06
25-07-18, 07:50 PM
It seems we both ended up waiting around for appointments today. You really went through it with the parking though. (panda)

Paula
25-07-18, 09:20 PM
Oh hunni! (bear)(bear) (panda)(bear)(bear)

What's the next step then?

They’ll pass the results to the neurologist, I’m seeing him next month. He did say they sometimes take a bit of time to settle down but I’m so disappointed. And Im fretting because I wreally don’t want to have another lumbar puncture and/or brain surgery

Flo, Polo’s fine, you wouldn’t think he’d been ill! Luna is still thin, though has put on a little weight we think. She’s not very strong but she’s much happier in herself and a bit more playful so she’s ok. Day by day ....

Suzi
26-07-18, 12:01 AM
Sweetheart try not to borrow trouble love... Have faith in your medical team lovely x

Paula
26-07-18, 07:36 AM
Lol how dare you use my phrase against me! (rofl)

Suzi
26-07-18, 01:15 PM
Well, then don't say such true things! Today we work on today's stuff... Mindful approaches please ;)

Paula
26-07-18, 06:39 PM
I’ve been trying. I’ve spent the day watching the first series of Prime Suspect and reading in the back garden (I fell asleep and my leg ended up in the sun for I don’t know how long - oops). I know I needed time to do nothing after yesterday so that’s what I did. Today’s stuff ;)

Jaquaia
26-07-18, 09:15 PM
Bloody hell!!! I think she's got it! (giggle)

Paula
26-07-18, 09:48 PM
The cheek! (giggle)

Jaquaia
26-07-18, 09:51 PM
I know! It's a good job you love me! (Kiss)

Suzi
26-07-18, 10:49 PM
Bloody hell! You actually listened and you actually paced??? *faints with shock*

Paula
27-07-18, 06:15 AM
Why so little faith?? (rofl)

Flo
27-07-18, 09:32 AM
How's the leg?...you didn't burn it I hope!.....do a little bit more of yesterday today!

Paula
27-07-18, 11:11 AM
Knees a little pink and sore - I think I woke up as it started to get uncomfortable so managed to avoid too much damage lol

I don’t know what to do today, I don’t have a lot of motivation this morning but I’m sure I’ll get there, wherever there is.

OldMike
27-07-18, 11:46 AM
Cute little pink knees that's so nice, all the best princesses have rosy red cheeks, rosebud lips and pink knees ;)

If you sun bathe today remember to protect your cute pink knees with factor 50 (panda)

Suzi
27-07-18, 12:52 PM
Why so little faith?? (rofl)
Because we know you? lol

Hope today is proving to be a good one..

Flo
28-07-18, 08:59 AM
Morning Paula....is it any cooler (not you, we know you're cool!) where you are?

OldMike
28-07-18, 09:04 AM
Morning Paula....is it any cooler (not you, we know you're cool!) where you are?

Paula is the coolest princess I know and I know a lot of princesses ;)

Paula how are you and your family today and that includes Luna and Polo :)

Paula
28-07-18, 09:12 AM
Yes it’s several degrees cooler *yay!*. All good here today - especially as I’ve achieved my target weight loss (10 kg). So I’m verrrrrrry happy (happy). We’ve got my brother and sister in law coming for dinner tonight - it’s paella night as per their request (they love Si’s paella).

OldMike
28-07-18, 09:16 AM
Congrats on the 10kg weight loss a fantastic achievement (party)

Have fun when bro and sis in law pop round for dinner :)

Suzi
28-07-18, 11:58 AM
Congratulations on that weightloss! That's amazing! Well done!

Paula
28-07-18, 11:25 PM
So I celebrated getting to my target weight by eating loads, having extra thick double cream and drinking a few glasses of prosecco. Oops ... .. (giggle). We had a lovely evening with my brother and sister in law eating paella and playing board games :). I said to my mum this week that my brother and I are closer now than we’ve ever been and it’s a really good feeling

OldMike
29-07-18, 10:20 AM
Board games cool, been yonks since I played Monopoly.

Paula having reached your target weight you're entitled to a celebratory dinner and one or two glasses of the fizzy stuff ;)

Suzi
29-07-18, 11:17 AM
So glad you had a good time!!

Paula
29-07-18, 07:34 PM
So this is the pile of clothes that are too big for me. I need to go shopping!

https://image.ibb.co/ecwYr8/F3853_F49_65_A8_4_F83_84_B5_27_FAE27_DD955.jpg

Jaquaia
29-07-18, 07:55 PM
And of course new clothes need shoes to match (angel)

Paula
29-07-18, 08:09 PM
Goes without saying ;)

OldMike
29-07-18, 08:30 PM
And new accessories like handbags and jewellery ;)

Suzi
29-07-18, 10:45 PM
That's amazing! Well done! :)

Flo
30-07-18, 06:49 PM
Well a woman can't do without all the bells and whistles can she now!...good for you!

Paula
31-07-18, 12:25 PM
I’m BORED! :(. And it’s not healthy for me to be bored.

Suzi
31-07-18, 12:34 PM
Why are you bored? No shopping to do? Virtual house hunting?

Paula
31-07-18, 12:38 PM
Despite the awful people I worked with at the charity, I really enjoyed the work itself. And I miss that side of things. My brother needs some help with his company but I’m not sure I want to work with him or do that type of work.

magie06
31-07-18, 12:49 PM
I'm bored too Paula. I don't feel like cleaning or tidying today. I've just been flicking through Facebook all morning. Aisling didn't get up until 11.30 and I've already taken the sheets off my own bed, washed them and they are now in the dryer. Did I say that I'm bored?

Suzi
31-07-18, 12:55 PM
Despite the awful people I worked with at the charity, I really enjoyed the work itself. And I miss that side of things. My brother needs some help with his company but I’m not sure I want to work with him or do that type of work.
I understand that - I've found myself doing similar too... and missing stuff dreadfully after...

OldMike
31-07-18, 03:03 PM
I’m BORED! :(. And it’s not healthy for me to be bored.

Vertical driller now that's a boring job (engineering joke there) (giggle)

Is there any other charity work you can do Paula?

Paula
31-07-18, 03:27 PM
Possibly, Mike, but everybody knows everybody in that world and I don’t want anything to do with that crowd right now

Jaquaia
31-07-18, 10:15 PM
Got an essay to do on social order if you're that bored?

Suzi
31-07-18, 11:17 PM
You still bored? You can tidy the dwd office if you like... I admit it's been a while......

Paula
01-08-18, 08:21 AM
You still bored? You can tidy the dwd office if you like... I admit it's been a while......

(snooze)

Got an essay to do on social order if you're that bored?

Go on then, throw it over here ;)

Today I’m being very brave. Our new community centre have a lovely cafe and they run a community lunch on the first Wednesday of every month. So I’m going, on my own!

OldMike
01-08-18, 09:27 AM
Marvelous Paula I'm sure you'll enjoy it :)

Paula
01-08-18, 02:36 PM
So I went, I chatted, I ate (ploughman’s) :). It was really nice, actually. Then I came home to 5 new dresses ;)

Jaquaia
01-08-18, 02:43 PM
Only 5? ;)

Flo
01-08-18, 03:23 PM
Glad you had a lovely lunch!....well done you for going on your own too. Err...did the dresses walk in by themselves then??(giggle)

Paula
01-08-18, 03:52 PM
Glad you had a lovely lunch!....well done you for going on your own too. Err...did the dresses walk in by themselves then??(giggle)

Lol, the wonders of internet shopping and knowing my local couriers well ;)

Only 5? ;)

There were 6 but I nearly got stuck in one so decided that one had to go back!

Jaquaia
01-08-18, 04:02 PM
(giggle)

Suzi
01-08-18, 05:09 PM
That sounds lovely!!!

Paula
01-08-18, 10:31 PM
I was a bit chuffed today. You know when you lose weight and you find a dress in a smaller size that fits but you’re sure it’s just a fluke/generous sized dress? All my new dresses are in that smaller size - it wasn’t a fluke! And 3 of them are fitted, FITTED :)

I spent this afternoon engrossed in my book - I even read while eating dinner (blush). A bit naughty but what ya gonna do? ;)

Angie
01-08-18, 11:27 PM
Yay you should be chuffed hunni x

Flo
02-08-18, 08:54 AM
It's a great boost to the old morale when things fit because you've made it that way itms!! Enjoy your new dresses and book. You deserve to feel chuffed. Have a good day love.(bear)

OldMike
02-08-18, 09:15 AM
Reading and eating wow multitasking, I bet you look gorgeous in your new dresses :)

Suzi
02-08-18, 09:56 AM
You've worked hard to lose that weight so you are right to be chuffed! What's the book?

magie06
02-08-18, 10:02 AM
Wow!!!! Well done. And fitted dresses?? OMG. You've worked so hard you deserve it. I love the fact I'm not the only one who reads at the table.

Paula
02-08-18, 04:12 PM
I’m reading the Nathan McBride books at the moment - ex special forces, spy kind of novels.

Paula
02-08-18, 07:51 PM
Omg. Si and I have been discussing the possibility of not moving and getting stairlifts in where we are so this afternoon I’ve been estimating the cost of moving to help us decide. Taking out of the equation the deposit (up to £100,000), extra costs will be up to £40,000!!!!! I know it’s been a while since I moved but ........

Angie
02-08-18, 10:44 PM
Sounds like a plan hunni

Suzi
02-08-18, 11:28 PM
So.. .Stairlifts then?

Paula
02-08-18, 11:56 PM
I think so, but we’ve promised each other we’ll talk it all through over the weekend when Si doesn’t have work on his mind. To start with, I could manage with just one stairlift as I only go upstairs to go to bed, really - it’s constantly going downstairs for the dogs, for the loo, for the front door etc that I’m struggling with

Suzi
03-08-18, 09:29 AM
Wouldn't hurt to get a quote or 3.... :)

OldMike
03-08-18, 09:50 AM
It's certainly worth getting some quotes for stair lifts and to see if it is practical to install them in your house. Paula is your house 3 stories in which case you'll need a stair lift between each floor. If my maths are correct that is two and if you've got the finances it'd be best to have them both installed at the same time that way you'll only have the installation guys in once.

Paula
03-08-18, 11:36 AM
I’d agree with you Mike, and that may happen, but as they’re between £5-8,000 each, it’s a big chunk of money to double up ;)

Angie
03-08-18, 01:01 PM
It is expensive but get a quote for 2 and for 1 then shop around and explain the quotes you have see if you can get companies to beat each other down itms

Paula
03-08-18, 06:39 PM
I’m really not coping with the heat today. I was awake before 6am and haven’t really improved since then. I tried to write something earlier but couldn’t focus and, after 3 hours, I’d managed one paragraph! Then I took Si and my ex husband to the train station, on the way back I had a mini panic attack because I was stressing out about my driving.

Let’s hope tomorrow’s better

Flo
03-08-18, 07:00 PM
Oh no!! it must be unbearable where you are! It's no joke love when you don't get decent sleep. Why were you stressing about your driving? Were you getting pressure from other motorists? Some of them can be real pigs! Have you a fan in the bedroom that you can keep on all night? Try and elevate your feet or treat them to a bowl of cold water.(panda)

Angie
03-08-18, 07:12 PM
Please pace and rest tonight hunni x

Paula
03-08-18, 08:30 PM
I don’t know why I panicked except I’ve been dealing with DVLA this week as they still haven’t made a decision whether my problem with my hand will stop me driving - I first informed them last October! As to cold water on my foot, I have allodynia (Allodynia can lead to the triggering of a pain response from stimuli which do not normally provoke pain. Temperature or physical stimuli can provoke allodynia, which may feel like a burning sensation) so cold or hot are not pleasant ;)

Suzi
03-08-18, 09:56 PM
I will never understand why the DVLA take so long to do anything and everything!

Are you pacing this weekend?

Paula
03-08-18, 11:13 PM
I hope to, and I plan to do some cross stitch, dependent on how my hand is.

OldMike
04-08-18, 09:54 AM
Oh no!! it must be unbearable where you are! It's no joke love when you don't get decent sleep. Why were you stressing about your driving? Were you getting pressure from other motorists? Some of them can be real pigs! Have you a fan in the bedroom that you can keep on all night? Try and elevate your feet or treat them to a bowl of cold water.(panda)

Paula has a full length poster of me (obtained by winning the last quiz) blu-tacked on to her bedroom wall and I'm her number one fan (see what I did there, thank me later (giggle) )

I’m really not coping with the heat today. I was awake before 6am and haven’t really improved since then. I tried to write something earlier but couldn’t focus and, after 3 hours, I’d managed one paragraph! Then I took Si and my ex husband to the train station, on the way back I had a mini panic attack because I was stressing out about my driving.

Let’s hope tomorrow’s better

Panic attacks are awful try not to let it prey on your mind, hopefully it may be a bit cooler today *fingers crossed* (bear) (panda)

Flo
04-08-18, 10:10 AM
Have a quiet day then and do some cross stitching!(bear)

Paula
05-08-18, 10:02 AM
Decision made. We’re not moving house! We did the numbers and we’d end up doubling our mortgage and we just don’t want to do that - we’re not getting any younger and Si quite fancies retiring some day ;)

OldMike
05-08-18, 11:07 AM
I can recommend retirement (giggle)

Suzi
05-08-18, 11:30 AM
Sounds sensible! (Do you get to spend the difference on sparkles and dresses and shoes and stuff?)

Angie
05-08-18, 11:44 AM
It does sound sensible to me

Paula
05-08-18, 02:09 PM
Sounds sensible! (Do you get to spend the difference on sparkles and dresses and shoes and stuff?)

That’s a hell of a lot of sparkles and dresses and shoes and stuff. This’ll be fun (rofl)