PDA

View Full Version : Tennis and tiaras *Possible SU Trigger*

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Suzi
05-08-18, 02:14 PM
I know! Go for it! And you can tell Si you were helping to show him what else you could have rather than a mortgage!

Paula
05-08-18, 07:05 PM
(giggle)

So it was apparently my job to tell the kids we weren’t moving. Which means neither of them is currently talking to me. i should be upset but it’s actually quite peaceful ;)

It’s taking some getting used to the idea of having a stairlift but as it means I get to stay in my lovely house, I can live with it

Suzi
05-08-18, 10:33 PM
Do you get to pimp your ride?

Why don't the girls like the idea of staying where you are?

Paula
06-08-18, 11:47 AM
Because they both wanted to move nearer town centre and they both wanted (and I quote) a ‘party house’ ie one where the ground floor is all open plan. Many times I’ve had to point out that we live in a beautiful house and many, many people would give their right arm for what they have. Entitled much ;)

Suzi
06-08-18, 12:08 PM
(rofl)(rofl)

Paula
06-08-18, 08:43 PM
Bit the bullet today and I’ve got three stairlift companies coming out to quote this week. I’ve started a new cross stitch, too as well as researching short bobs ;). Its been a looooong day lol

OldMike
06-08-18, 10:18 PM
Short bobs think I need to research those as I ain't got a clue.

Ah hairstyles just been looking at pics of a short bob with scrunched waves and a tousled short bob with pink ombre and a sassy feathered blonde bob and a destructed caramel blonde bob plus 46 other pictures of bob related hair styles well who would have thunk it that hair sculpture was so involved.

I wear my hair as a tousled bob with frizzy ends strategically placed across my bald pate.

Suzi
06-08-18, 10:45 PM
Good for you lovely! You're really rocking this!

Paula
06-08-18, 10:50 PM
For someone who didn’t have a clue, Mike, you really know your stuff (rofl)

Suzi
07-08-18, 09:01 AM
Hey Paula, how are you today lovely? What's on your agenda?

OldMike
07-08-18, 09:25 AM
That's beautiful Suzi I must have something in my eye because it's made me all teary (in a good way) thanks so much for sharing (panda)

BTW Suzi it looks like we've hijacked Princess Sparkles thread with our videos ;)

*waves to Paula*

Edit: Suzi has removed her video here and posted over there so I've done the same thing by which time this post makes no sense at all (rofl)

How are you this confusing Tuesday Paula?

Hope you have a great day with no more confuzzilated posts from yours truly. (rofl)

Paula
07-08-18, 10:03 AM
Agenda for today is coffee with my oldest friend (in that we’ve been friends the longest, not that she’s old ;)). I love her to bits but she can talk the hind legs off a donkey so my ears will take a beating lol, bless her

CaterpillarGirl
07-08-18, 10:37 AM
That sounds like a perfect day, I very rarely get to see a lot of my old (again length of time known rather than age) friends because of work and relationships, they always seem to be busy, hope you have a lovely day :)

Suzi
07-08-18, 12:39 PM
Sounds like a great day! Have fun!

Paula
07-08-18, 09:51 PM
My friend and I got a little carried away with time and ended up sitting in Costa nursing a cold coffee for 4 hours! It was lovely, really lovely. We hadnt seen each other since Easter :)

Suzi
07-08-18, 09:58 PM
4 hours with a cold coffee? You didn't think about ordering a hot one? (rofl)(rofl)

Jaquaia
07-08-18, 10:00 PM
Cold coffee is fashionable now ;)

Paula
07-08-18, 11:38 PM
4 hours with a cold coffee? You didn't think about ordering a hot one? (rofl)(rofl)

We honestly didn’t notice ;)

OldMike
07-08-18, 11:49 PM
4 hours savouring a coffee now that is dedication either that or the first to finish would pay for the next one (giggle)

Paula
08-08-18, 09:49 AM
2 stairlift companies are coming to measure up and quote today. Other than that I might do some cross stitch and try to get my head into gear to get a job jobbed that I’ve been asked to do (it’s way less mysterious than I’m making it sound I promise ;))

OldMike
08-08-18, 10:02 AM
2 stairlift companies are coming to measure up and quote today. Other than that I might do some cross stitch and try to get my head into gear to get a job jobbed that I’ve been asked to do (it’s way less mysterious than I’m making it sound I promise ;))

You can't dangle mysterious jobs in front of us without giving a clue. I can see you donning a trilby and shades and putting an ad in the local paper "Princess Sparkles PI no job too small" ;)

Suzi
08-08-18, 10:12 AM
Woohoo for stairlifts! :) OMG can we "pimp your ride"???? I feel the need for glitter, ribbons, more glitter oh and a little touch of glitter! :)

OldMike
08-08-18, 10:45 AM
We'll definitely have to pimp her ride lots of sparkly stuff and I think you forgot to mention it Suzi we need glitter ;)

Flo
08-08-18, 11:16 AM
Wow a stairlift!...good for you....hope it all works out and that you get reasonable quotes. Fingers crossed.

Paula
08-08-18, 11:44 AM
Woohoo for stairlifts! :) OMG can we "pimp your ride"???? I feel the need for glitter, ribbons, more glitter oh and a little touch of glitter! :)

(rofl)

Suzi
08-08-18, 03:36 PM
Bugger, forgot to check out the awesomeness of duct tape and glitter! Actually, omg you can get glittery duct tape!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paula
08-08-18, 07:20 PM
Just wait til I tell Si (giggle)

So, the first bloke came and was brilliant - talked over all the options and what would be safest for me, showed me photos and videos, showed me where the dedicated plus socket would need to go, talked about the warranty, servicing etc. The second one turned up without ID, didn’t even bother to sit down in my living room to talk about the options, made brief measurements, didn’t leave any brochures, told me he’d email the quote and left - less than 5 minutes

One more coming tomorrow morning.

I’m still struggling with the whole ‘I need a stairlift’ thing but if that’s what I have to do to stay in my beautiful home, so be it

Jaquaia
08-08-18, 07:37 PM
Do they do the Gremlins upgrade?

Angie
08-08-18, 09:03 PM
Second bloke sounds a right barrel of laughs but the first sounds great and good service is worth paying for so lets hope tomorrows quote is as good as todays service wise at least.

Were going to need pics to do the designs for pimping your rides lol

Paula
08-08-18, 09:25 PM
Do they do the Gremlins upgrade?

Oh I hope that’s a real thing so I can ring and tell them I’ve got gremlins! ;)

Jaquaia
08-08-18, 09:38 PM
It should be! My mums stairlift takes AGES!!!!!

Paula
08-08-18, 09:39 PM
I’m told it takes about a minute .....

Jaquaia
08-08-18, 09:48 PM
I may just be impatient then...

Paula
08-08-18, 09:59 PM
What, you? ;)

Jaquaia
08-08-18, 10:13 PM
:o(giggle)

Suzi
08-08-18, 10:20 PM
Definitely ignore bloke 2 - he sounds like a twit and not someone to do business with!
Bloke 1 seems to at least care! Go with him.. Unless bloke 3 is better...

You need a stairlift - so what? You could carry on being stubborn and insist on still managing up and down the stairs - think how much more shopping you could do if you used those spoons on something else, rather than struggling.........

magie06
09-08-18, 08:21 AM
The way I see it is, it's your home, it's your castle. I know it seems like another bit of your independence is being taken away, but I see it as a big help. If you're worried about what others will think (but it's you, and I know it's the last thing on your mind), then don't. The people who matter don't mind and as for the others, well if they think anything else, well screw them! Who cares what they think? Suzi nailed it when she said it's saving spoons.
Oh and that second guy sounds like he really, really cares about his job, NOT! The first person sounds like he knows what he's talking about. See what the person is like today, but I can tell your spider senses are tingling already. (giggle)

OldMike
09-08-18, 09:20 AM
If installing a couple of stair lifts makes life easier for you then it is a no brainer as Suzi said it will save you spoons which can be used for other things (such as shopping for bling ;))

A leisurely ride up stairs so what if it takes a minute. I remember (not sure if it is correct) in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation where Chevy Chase is messing with the gazillion Christmas lights and something goes wrong and there's a power surge and this old dear on a stair lift shoots upstairs at high speed round a corner out through a window in to the garden (rofl)

Flo
09-08-18, 09:52 AM
Here suzi!!....you spelt twat wrong!!!!(rofl)...but I agree with everyone else. Now what's the point of having a lovely home if you dread trying to get up the stairs?? Nobody says WHATT!! when someone has a new car, or their garden professionally landscaped do they..or they have new windows put in everywhere! In your case, it's a NEED and not a WANT, and there's a difference! Don't hesitate. Bloke number one sounds very professional. Besides, when the dogs find it hard to get up the stairs - if they're allowed - you can put them on your lap and take them up with you!....yes, yes I know they're big, but there'll be a way. Go for it Paula, you're worth every penny of it! Remember it's NOT a luxury!

CaterpillarGirl
09-08-18, 10:03 AM
Well that second guy is not going to do very well as a salesperson, my fiance is in sales (actual stairs though, not stair lifts) and he spends at least an hour with each customer, and can stay up to 3 or 4 hours

Suzi
09-08-18, 10:25 AM
Morning Lady Sparkles, how are you today?

Paula
09-08-18, 11:47 AM
I don’t care what it looks like to anyone else, my issue with putting in disability aids is I love my home and want it to feel like my home, not a hospital.

On that note, today’s chap may have helped. There is an option where the rail is very low to the floor and comes in different colours to camouflage with the carpet and just basically looks better. It is, obviously, more expensive so I’ve got some convincing to do ;)

Suzi
09-08-18, 09:50 PM
I do totally understand... I've been told I've got another 4 weeks + of wrist splints, so I've ordered them in purple. I've grab rails in the loo and the bathroom and on the door to outside, so I do get it... It's a case of having them but not looking "special". Go with the camo one love if it's going to help..

Paula
11-08-18, 08:25 AM
Convincing worked (doesn’t it always? ;)) so we’re getting the more expensive, future proof, one.

In other news, my babies (inlove)

https://preview.ibb.co/nCaQD9/5_AB7094_E_CE90_40_F3_B81_F_38_EE5_AFB35_F7.jpg (https://ibb.co/mniqfp)

OldMike
11-08-18, 08:45 AM
Just flutter those eyelashes and you can convince anyone ;)

Your babies are beautiful (inlove)

Suzi
11-08-18, 12:06 PM
I knew he'd agree with you!

Your babies are beautiful! :)

Angie
11-08-18, 12:46 PM
They are gorgeous

Flo
13-08-18, 10:03 AM
Aww..what gorgeous dogs Paula!...haven't seen them before. I'm pleased they're much better now! How are your feet now the weather has cooled?

Paula
15-08-18, 02:10 PM
I’ve just realised I’ve been ignoring my thread! Sorry guys lol (Flo, yes my leg is easier)

Stairlift update, Si has been negotiating prices with the company (that’s his job after all). He did want me to do it but as soon as he suggested it I started to panic. Anyway, he texted me this morning to tell me he just wants to get an extra years warranty on top of the reduction they’ve already agreed then he’ll be happy to sign up. It takes 3 weeks from order, so not long.

We took the devil cat to the vets yesterday for a checkup. She’s 17 next month. We’ve been saying for years that she’ll outlive us all out of spite. The vet tells us she’s in excellent health and will probably live well into her 20s ....... thankfully, Katie’s promised to take her when she leaves home ;)

Angie
15-08-18, 03:36 PM
Awww am glad that it went well at the vets hunni, cats are funny creatures my eldest is a moody begger but just at Caitlin for some unknown reason she is fine with anyone else

Suzi
15-08-18, 03:56 PM
YAY re the stairlift - can we pimp it? Has Si agreed?

Paula
15-08-18, 06:03 PM
Pmsl Si thinks I have too much bling in the house as it is - let’s just say negotiations are ongoing (giggle)

Suzi
15-08-18, 06:07 PM
Sorry he said what?????? Too much bling? Is that even a thing? Stupid man..... Maybe he's hit his head or something? Do you think he needs medical attention? Too much bling *mutters*

Paula
15-08-18, 06:08 PM
You’d have thought, after 20 years together, he’d know better ....

Suzi
15-08-18, 07:01 PM
You'd have thought....... *mutters* too much bling *shakes head*

OldMike
15-08-18, 09:02 PM
Princesses can never have too much bling it's written into the contract when you become a princess, mmm let me see here it is. A princess shall adorn herself, her palace, her garden, her carriage, in fact anything that moves or any static object with an unlimited amount of bling ;)

Paula
15-08-18, 09:53 PM
So true, Mike. Si calls me a princess too .... though I’m not sure it’s meant as kindly as you (rofl)

Suzi
16-08-18, 09:45 AM
How are you today?

Paula
16-08-18, 01:14 PM
(swear)(swear)(swear)(swear)ed off tbh. Jess had an ENT appointment this morning. She hates me going with her so Si was supposed to work from home and take her. 8pm last night, he told me he has to go to the office this morning. So I changed my nail appointment, cancelled lunch with a friend and told her was taking her. From then onwards, she’s been horrible to me. It’s like I did this on purpose!

Jaquaia
16-08-18, 01:37 PM
A crutch across the head will soon sort that out....

I wouldn't go with her next time, make her go on her own, no lifts, nothing, and then maybe she will release her mum is actually pretty awesome

magie06
16-08-18, 03:02 PM
Agreed, let her go on her own. I don't think I would feed her until she apologises either.

Paula
16-08-18, 04:20 PM
I know it sounds petty, but I can’t talk to her right now......

Still, tomorrow’s another day - my wedding anniversary actually (17 years) and we’re going out to dinner tomorrow evening :)

OldMike
16-08-18, 04:41 PM
Yep let her go on her own, using the bus (unless she can drive) and no more dinner till she shapes up.

magie06
16-08-18, 04:43 PM
Oh! Congratulations. Our 17th was on June 2.
Here's to a healthier and happier 17 more. (party)

Angie
16-08-18, 04:54 PM
Congratulations hunni x

Suzi
16-08-18, 10:27 PM
(hugs) lovely... Why does she hate it when you take her?

Paula
17-08-18, 08:40 AM
(hugs) lovely... Why does she hate it when you take her?

She’s never liked dealing with my disabilities in public (mainly it’s the anxiety she struggles with). She also thinks I ask too many questions with the doctors and I fuss too much...... Still, her appointment went really well. Her hearings still good, the graft is looking healthy with no signs of rejection. She’s got an appointment in 6 months where, after 12 years, they might be able to discharge her :)

Anyway, 17 years married today! (inlove)

CaterpillarGirl
17-08-18, 08:53 AM
Happy anniversary! :) I hope you have a fantastic day, have you got anything planned?

Suzi
17-08-18, 10:01 AM
Glad the appointment went well!

Happy anniversary to you both!

Jaquaia
17-08-18, 10:04 AM
Happy anniversary lovely!

Paula
17-08-18, 10:38 AM
Happy anniversary! :) I hope you have a fantastic day, have you got anything planned?

We’re going out for dinner tonight. Si’s got the day off and I feel we should do something but I don’t want to be too tired for tonight ......

OldMike
17-08-18, 11:32 AM
Happy anniversary Paula & Si (party)

Suzi
17-08-18, 12:50 PM
We’re going out for dinner tonight. Si’s got the day off and I feel we should do something but I don’t want to be too tired for tonight ......
Sit and snuggle and watch a movie?

Paula
17-08-18, 03:03 PM
He took me and jess to the pub for lunch. Diet is definitely out of the window today ;)

We agreed no pr3sents today, so these arrived .......

https://image.ibb.co/b85nqz/F288_F838_24_AA_4_EE6_AA87_24_B4_A9351_CBC.jpg (https://ibb.co/dBXBHe)

Suzi
17-08-18, 10:17 PM
Those are lovely! Lunch and dinner out? Awesome!

CaterpillarGirl
18-08-18, 01:19 PM
Lunch and dinner out sounds like a perfect day to me! Glad you enjoyed yourself, I completely forgot my anniversary this year until lena's friend asked how long we had been together and I realised it had been 4 years about 4 days earlier, oops!

OldMike
18-08-18, 05:55 PM
A quick google suggested that for 17 years of marriage you should but furniture (don't sound romantic too me) so I think Si's choice of roses was the best :)

Aren't you going out with your ex mother in law and mother in law this weekend, if so have a great time.

Suzi
19-08-18, 11:02 AM
How was yesterday? How are you doing lovely?

Paula
19-08-18, 08:37 PM
Lol Mike, if you’d delved deeper, you’d have discovered the ‘colour’ for 17 years is yellow. I think Si thought red roses was preferable to yellow furniture (giggle)

I’ve had a very busy weekend. Obviously Friday was our anniversary. We went to a posh pub for dinner and it was seriously one of the best meals I’ve ever tasted!

Yesterday, I took my ex mother in law to a VIP event at a local jewellers I use (extensively lol). We had a lovely time and she was able to get help designing a special piece of jewellery to remember a close friend she’s recently lost.

Today, we’ve visited the in laws. We had a lovely time and Jess drove there - she did really well for her first time on a longish journey.

Tomorrow I should be resting but am having lunch with my best friend. Ah well, there’s plenty of time to sleep :)

Suzi
19-08-18, 08:57 PM
Hooray for a lovely weekend?

Paula
20-08-18, 08:52 AM
It was a lovely weekend :). I’m a bit weary but moods ok which is the main thing

Suzi
20-08-18, 09:13 AM
Glad your mood is OK - good or ok?
Can you schedule some resting time around social butterflying? (rofl)

Paula
20-08-18, 11:08 AM
I’m sitting down now while my Cleaner is cleaning the kitchen (she’s been on hols for a couple of weeks - I think I missed her more than I miss my hubby when he’s away) ;)

OldMike
20-08-18, 12:00 PM
Glad you had a great weekend, don't tell Suzi but I think you won the quiz ;)

Paula
20-08-18, 12:48 PM
(rofl)

Suzi
20-08-18, 04:10 PM
Hope you're having a wonderful day....

Paula
20-08-18, 07:35 PM
I had a lovely lunch out with my friend. We’ve been friends for over 33 years and she knows me better than almost everyone else so I can’t bs her ;)

Tomorrow we’re carpet shopping and a gardener is coming to quote for sorting our back garden out. Wednesday the surveys being done for my stairlift. Now we’re not moving, it’s time to spend a bit of money on the house :)

Suzi
20-08-18, 08:49 PM
Sounds like fun! But..... When are you building in some pacing?

Paula
20-08-18, 09:28 PM
Erm..... Friday?

Suzi
20-08-18, 10:15 PM
What have you got planned for the rest of the week then?

OldMike
20-08-18, 11:02 PM
I had a lovely lunch out with my friend. We’ve been friends for over 33 years and she knows me better than almost everyone else so I can’t bs her ;)

Tomorrow we’re carpet shopping and a gardener is coming to quote for sorting our back garden out. Wednesday the surveys being done for my stairlift. Now we’re not moving, it’s time to spend a bit of money on the house :)

Just remember to keep a little cash to one side so we can pimp your ride (stair lift, get it ;) ), sounds like you had a really nice lunch out.

You may not be able to pace Friday as the new quiz will probably be out by then and you'll be in soopa doopa quiz mode (giggle)

Suzi
21-08-18, 10:49 AM
Enjoy carpet shopping!

Paula
21-08-18, 04:51 PM
I think my body is enforcing pacing. I’ve just slowed to a crawl - mentally and physically. Hoovering and writing a factsheet (or trying to - brain wasn’t functioning) may not have been the wisest move today ......

Suzi
21-08-18, 06:03 PM
No, maybe not.... *cough* pacing *cough* pushed too hard? *cough*

Paula
21-08-18, 08:36 PM
*cough* *kettle* ;)

I felt so ill at one point I inhaled 3 mini bags of Cadbury’s buttons. I think my blood sugar might have been low as that's the first time since I started this diet that I’ve craved chocolate like that

Jaquaia
21-08-18, 09:46 PM
I wish it was easter! I really want some mini eggs!!!

Suzi
21-08-18, 10:09 PM
Have you been eating and drinking properly? Sleeping OK?

OldMike
21-08-18, 10:32 PM
(bear) (panda)

Paula
21-08-18, 10:33 PM
Have you been eating and drinking properly? Sleeping OK?

Yes, yes and yes lol. Ive been taking it easy this evening and tomorrow, once the stairlift designer comes to do a survey, I’ve got a quiet day

Suzi
22-08-18, 10:21 AM
OO stairlift engineer today! Hope it goes well lovely x

Paula
22-08-18, 01:41 PM
It went well. The only issue is that we’re replacing carpet landing and on the stairs and putting a wooden floor in the hall before the lift has to go in. All that means is that we have to let the firm know (after we’ve had the carpet company in on Friday to measure up and price it up) whether the floor is going to be deeper so they can adjust the measurements.

My brother has had the snip today. Again. He was ‘told to get it done 12 years ago by his first wife as she didn’t want more kids. With a vasectomy, it can be reversed if you had it less than 7 years ago so, when he and his current wife got married and they weren’t sure if they were going to have a baby together, he had it reversed. They have now decided they dont want more kids, so he’s having it done again. Poor love, I’m a woman and even I winced .....

I forgot to take my morning meds. I’ve taken them now but I’m definitely agitated. Stupid fool I am

Jaquaia
22-08-18, 01:49 PM
Not stupid, we all forget at times. I'm not even sure if I've taken my AD today...

Paula
22-08-18, 01:57 PM
Thing is, my morning meds are the majority of them and include my CD, Venlafaxine, 3 different pain killers etc. So I definitely missed the wrong time of day lol

Flo
22-08-18, 02:12 PM
Hi Paula....talking of the snip..Zoe's niece is 22 and her partner is 54!! He had a reversal as she wants a baby but up to date I think he's still firing blanks!!...he must have left it too long!..are you feeling a bit better now? And are you excited about the lift going in?

Suzi
22-08-18, 03:55 PM
Glad you've taken them now love... Sounds like it's all go in your house!

Paula
22-08-18, 05:43 PM
I’ve been told there’s no need to worry, but telling someone with anxiety not to worry ........ my mum has been referred to hospital as she’s got increased pressure in her eye and s9me damage to her optic nerve. They think she’s got glaucoma ;(

Jaquaia
22-08-18, 05:50 PM
(panda)

Paula
22-08-18, 07:06 PM
My pain always seems to flair when I’m anxious. My foot is on fire

Jaquaia
22-08-18, 07:14 PM
Is there anything that helps?

Angie
22-08-18, 08:12 PM
Hope your now resting hunni, I won't say don't worry about your mum, my mother had glaucoma a few years ago they caught one eye in time but not the other though she does fine and has had it reoccur and they caught it in time this time its a case of relieving the pressure,

Paula
22-08-18, 08:53 PM
Is there anything that helps?

Not really, just got to ride it out

Suzi
22-08-18, 09:17 PM
(hugs) Sorry about your Mum lovely - I know it's something my Mum has had before too...

Try not to borrow trouble - and yes I know I'm asking the impossible...

OldMike
23-08-18, 09:24 AM
(bear)(panda)

Paula
23-08-18, 10:20 AM
I was not good last night but I screwed up my meds (and didn’t realise til just before I went to bed). First ...... I AM FINE. But yesterday lunchtime I realised I hadn’t taken my morning meds so took them all at lunchtime. Except I realised late yesterday that what I’d actually done is picked up today’s med box which, at the time, made it look like I’d missed the morning dose - I had taken them in the morning after all which means I took double of everything. Again, I AM FINE, it’s been 24 hours and nothings wrong.

Jaquaia
23-08-18, 10:24 AM
Oops!!! The main thing is you're ok. You are ok aren't you? I didn't get that from your post... (giggle)

Paula
23-08-18, 11:29 AM
(rofl)

OldMike
23-08-18, 11:30 AM
I think we've all done that and usually if I may have taken my meds I usually work on the principle it is best to miss a dose rather than risk taking a double if I think I may have taken a dose but not sure if that makes sense. Glad no harm done and you're fine Paula. (panda)

Paula
23-08-18, 12:54 PM
I’m off to see my ex’s sister later for coffee. She really needs a shoulder right now so that’s what I’ll be doing. She’s so lovely, it’s never a hardship to support her

Suzi
23-08-18, 01:50 PM
OOps! Glad that you're ok, it's so easy to do...
Hope your sister in law is OK.

Paula
23-08-18, 06:04 PM
I’m a little lightheaded this afternoon but I’m lucky to get away with that. Had a lovely couple of hours with my SIL, she’s being really positive. She’s been treated badly and she is the last person to deserve what happened. She’s dusted herself off though and I’m proud of her

Suzi
23-08-18, 07:04 PM
So glad you had a good time. Hopefully you'll be feeling much better tomorrow..

magie06
25-08-18, 01:43 PM
How are things?

Paula
25-08-18, 06:50 PM
If you’d asked me at 1pm, Magie, I’d have said things were good. But this afternoon I’ve been getting a little lightheaded. We’re going to my brothers for dinner tonight so I got in the bath about an hour ago - I came dangerously close to having a full on panic attack. It took all my deep breathing and mindfulness exercises to stop it and I’ve only just stopped shaking. Si asked if I wanted to cancel dinner but I’m hoping the distraction will do me good. If not, we’re only 5 minutes from home. I have absolutely no idea why it happened, I’ve had a good day - wrote my post for DWD fb Page, did some work on a new factsheet for here and did some cross stitch. I enjoyed it all. Weird .....

Jaquaia
25-08-18, 07:28 PM
(panda)

Angie
25-08-18, 07:37 PM
(bear) please try and pace hunni, could it be the meds from earlier in the week ?

magie06
25-08-18, 09:33 PM
Could it be that you were so busy for the last few days? You know, the quotes from the stairlift people, the carpet shopping, all the socialising? Etc. Etc. Etc.

Suzi
25-08-18, 10:22 PM
The others could be right, you've pushed hard this week love and pacing hasn't really happened much..... I hope you enjoyed dinner love x

Paula
25-08-18, 10:25 PM
I suppose when you all put it like that ;). We had a lovely evening so the day ended on a high

Angie
25-08-18, 10:26 PM
Glad that you had a nice evening hunni is tomorrow for pacing (Kiss)

Suzi
25-08-18, 10:28 PM
Glad it went well and you've ended on a high!

Paula
25-08-18, 10:31 PM
I’m doing nothing tomorrow ;)

Angie
25-08-18, 10:54 PM
Good (y)

Suzi
26-08-18, 10:12 AM
Hope today is a definite recharging day...

Paula
26-08-18, 12:04 PM
It has to be. I feel like crap - still in my dressing gown

Suzi
26-08-18, 02:19 PM
Awwww Anxiety hangover? I hope you're being kind to yourself.....

Paula
26-08-18, 03:04 PM
Probably. I’m being good, I promise ;)

OldMike
26-08-18, 03:36 PM
If you’d asked me at 1pm, Magie, I’d have said things were good. But this afternoon I’ve been getting a little lightheaded. We’re going to my brothers for dinner tonight so I got in the bath about an hour ago - I came dangerously close to having a full on panic attack. It took all my deep breathing and mindfulness exercises to stop it and I’ve only just stopped shaking. Si asked if I wanted to cancel dinner but I’m hoping the distraction will do me good. If not, we’re only 5 minutes from home. I have absolutely no idea why it happened, I’ve had a good day - wrote my post for DWD fb Page, did some work on a new factsheet for here and did some cross stitch. I enjoyed it all. Weird .....

These things (anxiety/panic attacks) seem to come from nowhere, you got through it and judging from a later post you had a good evening. (panda)

Suzi
26-08-18, 09:14 PM
I hope you are really being kind to you...

Angie
26-08-18, 09:56 PM
Hope resting is helping hunni

Paula
27-08-18, 10:00 AM
I think I’m getting a cold, which explains a lot. So another rest day

Suzi
27-08-18, 12:04 PM
I sympathise, I've had one brewing and it's just coming out a bit more today... Thing is it always sets off everything else...

How are you today? Resting?

Paula
27-08-18, 01:35 PM
Everything aches and, I agree, everything else is going nuts. I’m just going to do some cross stitch today

OldMike
27-08-18, 03:36 PM
A cold that sucks, have some tea/coffee or something stronger and chill, (tea) (bear) (panda) , get Si to pamper you ;)

Suzi
27-08-18, 08:30 PM
Hope you've managed to rest love and are feeling even a smidgen better...

Angie
27-08-18, 11:02 PM
Hope you have rested hun

Paula
28-08-18, 09:24 AM
I was totally lazy yesterday .... still feeling rubbish but it’ll pass

Suzi
28-08-18, 09:42 AM
Lazy? You? Recharging maybe, but lazy? Never...

Paula
28-08-18, 04:33 PM
Wow! That was a stressful afternoon. My oldest friend turned up out of the blue with her teenage son and daughter, and with her dad - who I haven’t seen since I was 16 years old.....

Flo
28-08-18, 06:12 PM
Hi love...hope you're feeling a little better...colds are 'orrible!.....don't you just love it when people just arrive on the doorstep uninvited??...I'm a miserable moo aren't I?..sod that! Time for a G&T Paula!....hope you feel better tomorrow.(bear)

Paula
28-08-18, 07:48 PM
I’ll live ;). Anyhoo, I’m seeing the neurologist tomorrow - fingers crossed there’s been an improvement

Jaquaia
28-08-18, 07:52 PM
Will keep everything crossed for you here too (panda)

Suzi
28-08-18, 09:20 PM
OO why did she bring the rest of the family? That's a little odd isn't it?

What time's neurology? I will be thinking of you x

Paula
28-08-18, 10:43 PM
She’d said a little while ago that her dad would like to see me again (he’s not local) and would I mind. I said ok, just didn’t realise she was going to spring it on me. The kids are my godchildren so it was good to see them.

Neurology is at 4pm

OldMike
28-08-18, 11:55 PM
Hope all goes well with the neurologist. (panda)

Suzi
29-08-18, 09:11 AM
What've you got planned for today before your appointment?

Paula
29-08-18, 12:40 PM
Si and I have been to sort out the carpets this morning, and mooched around Sainsbury’s. Such excitement ;). Mum and dad will be popping over soon, hopefully

Paula
29-08-18, 04:32 PM
Sooooooo, have been to see the neurologist. All signs of IIH have gone. He says I'm at the top of his expectations, it's almost too good to be true and, though I'm to stay on the meds, he thinks my weight loss was the most crucial element in this (party) (guess what, I cried!)

OldMike
29-08-18, 06:51 PM
That's marvelous news Paula (party)

Jaquaia
29-08-18, 07:55 PM
Brilliant!!!!

Angie
29-08-18, 08:30 PM
Brilliant news hunni am so glad xx

Suzi
29-08-18, 10:09 PM
Woohoo! That's seriously awesome! Well done lovely!

Paula
30-08-18, 09:29 AM
Off for an eye test this morning and a contact lens consultation. I used to wear them over a decade ago but they caused an ulcer on my eye. I’m now ready to see (no pun intended) if the scarring has reduced enough that I can give them another go.

Suzi
30-08-18, 09:35 AM
Hope it goes well!

Angie
30-08-18, 12:13 PM
Hope the appointment goes well hunni

Paula
30-08-18, 01:22 PM
I can’t have varifocal contacts because of my prescription so have two options. We correct the distance and I get reading glasses or, and this is weird, my eyes have mono vision due to laser surgery years ago (one eyes prescription focuses on distance the other on reading) so we can forget about correcting the distance or reading and just correct the astigmatism, and let my eyes do what they do and adjust to the monovision again. I’m going to have a trial with the first option first

I’m shattered...

Angie
30-08-18, 01:27 PM
Sounds like a good plan hunni, please rest now

OldMike
30-08-18, 01:30 PM
Sounds complicated Paula I can't have or it isn't recommended I have bifocals because of my posture the change over point would have to be set too high and it'd do my neck in. I also have double vision because my eyes look in different directions. I have distance, intermediate & reading glasses but when I read I usually take my glasses off and hold the book close to my nose Mr Magoo style, normally I just wear these milk bottle bottoms (giggle)

Trying your first option seems the best, mono vision seems odd you use one eye to read and one for distance.

Paula
30-08-18, 04:08 PM
It is odd, Mike, and when I first had the surgery it took about a week for my eyes to adjust but it is incredible how the brain figures it out so it processes the images from the correct eye

Suzi
30-08-18, 07:21 PM
I've never heard of that before! That's awesome!

Jaquaia
01-09-18, 04:58 PM
My eyes are too dry for contacts! Which is good as I would constantly be poking myself in the eye trying to put them in!!!

Paula
04-09-18, 02:47 PM
Woohoo! I’ve got my trial contacts! I had them in for 4 hours (you have to build up the hours) and had no problems :)

Suzi
04-09-18, 02:48 PM
Hooray! :)

OldMike
04-09-18, 02:53 PM
Woo hoo, that's great news (party)

Angie
04-09-18, 10:25 PM
Thats great news

Paula
05-09-18, 08:59 AM
Off to my local Community lunch with my bf today :) its a beautiful sunny day so hopefully it’ll be warm enough to sit on their verandah and enjoy the sunshine looking out over the park

Suzi
05-09-18, 09:15 AM
Have a brilliant time lovely!

Flo
06-09-18, 08:28 AM
Hi Paula, how are things? Did you have a good 'ladies wot lunch' yesterday?? It's great to catch up on the goss with a best friend isn't it?

Suzi
06-09-18, 08:57 AM
Morning Sparkles! Did Jess go back to college yet? What's on your agenda for today?

Paula
06-09-18, 09:44 AM
Sorry for the radio silence! Had a lovely, long lunch and catch up, rested for a bit then went out to the first Housegroup back after the summer - as a result there was a lot to catch up on and I didnt get home til 10.30. Im creamed but it was a rewarding day :).

Day 3 of the contact lens trial and all goes well lol. With the weight loss and starting to wear eyeshadow again, I’m beginning to feel like ‘me’ again after a very, very long time. Self care, right?

Suzi
06-09-18, 12:17 PM
Yes self care! Hooray!!!
I'm so glad you're doing so well love!

CaterpillarGirl
07-09-18, 09:08 AM
I'm glad your contact lens trial is going well, I really struggled at first with them, I remember getting into a mad panic because it took me over an hour to get them out on the first day! So glad I stuck with them though, they're just second nature now.

Paula
07-09-18, 04:05 PM
I’ve had my hair done today. Why is it so much nicer when someone else shampoos your hair? My car’s been in for service - mechanically it’s good (apart from a missing washer bottle cap - how did that happen?) but the tires ....... both rear tires have nails in them and one front tire is bulging. God knows what happened but it’s not safe to drive so they’re having to get authorisation from Motability to replace them as the Motability tire contract is with Kwik Fit.

I watched the DIY SOS Grenville episode as well, and wept buckets. I honestly don’t know how that community has kept going, yet it has

OldMike
07-09-18, 04:25 PM
Looks like you need a set of four tyres if three are knackered. Have you gone for highlights or streaks in your flowing locks, I've got the idea your hair is fairly short but maybe I've got that wrong. Whatever way you have it done bet it looks gorgeous and contrasts well with your diamond tiara. ;)

Jaquaia
07-09-18, 04:36 PM
I used the dogs herbal shampoo! My hair feels great and smells of cherry and vanilla (giggle)

Paula
07-09-18, 07:05 PM
Looks like you need a set of four tyres if three are knackered. Have you gone for highlights or streaks in your flowing locks, I've got the idea your hair is fairly short but maybe I've got that wrong. Whatever way you have it done bet it looks gorgeous and contrasts well with your diamond tiara. ;)

Yep, dark brown with highlights of caramel blond to conceal the grey ;). You’re right, Mike, it’s a short bob and is now wavy (Amitryptaline has caused that, it used to be dead straight!)

I used the dogs herbal shampoo! My hair feels great and smells of cherry and vanilla (giggle)

(rofl) fancy a biscuit??

Jaquaia
07-09-18, 07:37 PM
Thought that would give you a giggle (rofl)

Suzi
07-09-18, 08:33 PM
Jaq - why??? :)

Paula - hair sounds lovely! Hope your car is all fixed!
I watched about 1/2 the DIY SOS and I sobbed buckets - I used to live near there and drove past the tower into central London and home 2ce daily for about 2 years....

Jaquaia
07-09-18, 08:48 PM
Suzi it's from a herbal company and her products are mostly universal, it's just expensive. She has loads of customers who use their dogs shampoo as it's the same as the sensitive shampoo on the human side. I use a herbal wormer on Talia too :)

Suzi
07-09-18, 09:16 PM
Rofl! That's awesome!

Flo
08-09-18, 10:34 AM
Morning Paula....like the sound of your hair...different.

Paula
09-09-18, 10:43 AM
Today’s a real struggle - no motivation and fed up :(

Suzi
09-09-18, 11:31 AM
Want to talk about why you are feeling fed up? What things do you want to be motivated to do?

OldMike
09-09-18, 12:31 PM
Today’s a real struggle - no motivation and fed up :(

Is there any reason you feel fed up or is it just one of those feelings that comes from nowhere and there is no rhyme or reason for it?

Hopefully it'll pass (bear) (panda)

Jaquaia
09-09-18, 12:32 PM
I think we all know those days (panda)

Paula
09-09-18, 12:35 PM
I don’t know, though I’ve been researching accessible holidays all morning.......

Suzi
09-09-18, 08:17 PM
Have you tried any of these people? They are rated pretty highly... Limitless Travel (http://www.limitlesstravel.org/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwidPcBRCGARIsALM--ePQh5a985VZhijWFw_D7YM7NQbu2iO70C271fNPFq5HVRQQN3b GWbsaAnbKEALw_wcB) / Disabled Holidays (https://www.disabledholidays.com/) / Enable Holidays (https://www.enableholidays.com/) / Disabled Access Holidays (http://www.disabledaccessholidays.com/)

Paula
09-09-18, 09:19 PM
I was looking at Enable :) Motability seem to rate them and they have apartments in Jersey

Suzi
10-09-18, 09:09 AM
Awesome. Is that where you want to go?

Paula
10-09-18, 11:08 AM
We love Jersey, Jess hated it but won’t be coming on holiday with us ever again ;). Jersey is beautiful, quiet and very wheelchair friendly. It’s perfect for us

OldMike
10-09-18, 03:32 PM
We love Jersey, Jess hated it but won’t be coming on holiday with us ever again ;). Jersey is beautiful, quiet and very wheelchair friendly. It’s perfect for us

I think Jess is at that age when it isn't cool to be seen with your parents (giggle) Never been to Jersey it seems like a nice place, get a week there booked ASAP ;)

Suzi
10-09-18, 04:49 PM
I've never been, if it's somewhere you want to go then do it!

Paula
10-09-18, 06:50 PM
I think Jess is at that age when it isn't cool to be seen with your parents (giggle) Never been to Jersey it seems like a nice place, get a week there booked ASAP ;)

Lol Mike, when we went to Jersey, we took Jess’s best friend with us. Jess was bad tempered the whole week and so badly wanted to get away from ‘people’ she plonked herself in the empty bath for hours! Her poor friend thought it was her fault

Suzi
10-09-18, 08:13 PM
OOps!

Paula
11-09-18, 10:21 AM
It’s NEW CARPET day!!!!!!!!! If anyone needs me, I shall mainly be lying facedown on my NEW CARPET #bestsmellintheworld :)

OldMike
11-09-18, 10:44 AM
It’s NEW CARPET day!!!!!!!!! If anyone needs me, I shall mainly be lying facedown on my NEW CARPET #bestsmellintheworld :)

(rofl) Yay for new carpets lying face down being caressed by the luxuriant pile of a new carpet #bestfeelingintheworld would do it for me but for the best smell give me the exquisite aroma of honeysuckle on a balmy summer's eve #honeysucklearomathebest, now that outstrips a new carpet by a country mile. ;)

Suzi
11-09-18, 11:38 AM
OOO Happy new carpet day!

Paula
11-09-18, 05:45 PM
It’s sooooooo beautiful (inlove)

https://image.ibb.co/hFew79/91_E93264_8_D46_4_E5_F_997_B_0202_BFA20731.jpg (https://ibb.co/nkidLU)

Suzi
11-09-18, 07:02 PM
That is a beautiful shade!

Paula
11-09-18, 07:04 PM
And sooooo soft (anyone get I love it ;))

Jaquaia
12-09-18, 09:51 AM
No, not at all. You're being really subtle about it ;)

Paula
12-09-18, 09:56 AM
well, subtles my middle name (giggle)

OldMike
12-09-18, 10:33 AM
And sooooo soft (anyone get I love it ;))

Beautiful shade, I bet you didn't go to bed last night just lay down on the landing and snuggled up on your new carpet ;)

Suzi
12-09-18, 12:09 PM
So, are you sitting and admiring your carpet today?

Paula
12-09-18, 01:26 PM
I stupidly planned to go out for coffee with a friend this afternoon. Do you think she’ll mind if I cancel due to carpet love? ;)

I’m feeling very happy today - having been stuck for weeks at 3 lbs away from a 2 stone loss, I’ve finally got down to that 2 stone!

Jaquaia
12-09-18, 01:35 PM
Woohoo! Go you! (party)

magie06
12-09-18, 02:19 PM
Oh wow! That's amazing. I'm a pound and a half away from a stone and a half and it's so frustrating just being nearly there. I understand your emotions today. Well done.

Suzi
12-09-18, 02:24 PM
Well done lovely!

OldMike
13-09-18, 10:05 AM
Brilliant on the weight loss Paula (party)

Are you still firmly clamped to your new carpet? Do I need to get a crowbar to prise you two apart ;) (giggle)

Edit:

well, subtles my middle name (giggle)

So we should address you as "HRH Princess Subtle Sparkles" *bows and leaves the room backwards*

Suzi
13-09-18, 12:35 PM
How are you gorgeous?

Paula
13-09-18, 02:42 PM
I might have mentioned this, but my carpets gaw-juss ;) I’m ok, just pottering today

Suzi
13-09-18, 04:55 PM
Resting and pottering?

OldMike
13-09-18, 04:55 PM
I might have mentioned this, but my carpets gaw-juss ;) I’m ok, just pottering today

I wonder what one of your Fab 5's for Friday is going to be (think) nope can't think (giggle)

Paula
13-09-18, 07:14 PM
Resting and pottering?

Cross stitch mainly

Mike, don’t know what you’re talking about ;)

Suzi
13-09-18, 09:58 PM
How's the cross stitching going?

Paula
13-09-18, 10:27 PM
Really well :)

Paula
14-09-18, 09:00 AM
With Katie, off to have my eyelashes tinted and curled this afternoon and hoping to meet up with her grandma for coffee. So a good day ahead :)

Suzi
14-09-18, 10:03 AM
That sounds awesomely fun!

Paula
14-09-18, 03:11 PM
It really was! And my lashes look like I’ve got mascara on, when I don’t! ;) I’m a bit weary now mind you but a good day :)

Suzi
14-09-18, 07:35 PM
I've not had the tinting done - does it take ages? How long does it last for?

Paula
14-09-18, 08:19 PM
It took about an hour and should last 6-8 weeks

Flo
15-09-18, 08:31 AM
Morning love.....I love the idea of eyelash tinting and curling. Zoe's best friend does hers. But my daughter in law Annabel has had her eyebrows tattooed on!! Unless you use a magnifying glass you'd never know! They look really lovely. What's your new cross stitch project about?

Paula
15-09-18, 08:49 AM
It’s this

https://www.past-impressions.co.uk/dance-music/midnight-dance-kit/

I’m really enjoying it - it’s so pretty :)

OldMike
15-09-18, 09:32 AM
That's beautiful Paula and must take a lot of patience with all those x-stitches. :)

Suzi
15-09-18, 12:51 PM
Wow that looks amazing!

Jaquaia
15-09-18, 01:14 PM
That's gorgeous! I've seen a tiger one on black aida that I want to do for my mum but I don't think I'm ready for that just yet!!!

Paula
15-09-18, 03:20 PM
I tried navy Aida, I couldn’t cope with it, but that might have been the variifocals

I’ve completely crashed today - I’ve had 2 flares in 2 days and I’m exhausted. So I’ve basically binge watched tv and slept ......

Jaquaia
15-09-18, 03:23 PM
Do whatever you need to do. I know when I flare it's exhausting. If binge watching and sleep is what works for you then that's what you need to do (panda)

Suzi
15-09-18, 03:29 PM
Totally agree with Jaq... Do what you need to do for you x

OldMike
15-09-18, 04:05 PM
Do what you need to Paula (panda)

Angie
15-09-18, 05:45 PM
(bear)

Suzi
15-09-18, 08:02 PM
Hope you've been resting...

Paula
15-09-18, 08:48 PM
I have

Suzi
16-09-18, 09:51 AM
How are you today lovely? What's on your agenda?

OldMike
16-09-18, 10:44 AM
I have

Good to hear it (that you're resting), anything planned for today Paula? (bear)

Paula
17-09-18, 02:24 PM
Flu jab, *tick*

Jaquaia
17-09-18, 02:27 PM
I'm being collared for mine at my next blood test!

Paula
17-09-18, 05:33 PM
Wow. I completely crashed about 3pm, couldn’t keep my eyes open. Didnt expect the flu jab to have an effect that quickly. Still, needed to be done

Jaquaia
17-09-18, 05:38 PM
You obviously needed it lovely (panda)

Suzi
17-09-18, 08:10 PM
I need to get mine done too....

Paula
17-09-18, 08:12 PM
I was telling Si how it was worse than last year. All I got back was ‘nope, you whinged last year too’! The sympathy I get .....