PDA

View Full Version : What an awful day at work

Tia
29-04-18, 05:33 PM
Not usually one for chatting about work but today has knocked the stuffing out of me. I feel emotionally drained to the point of not liking people anymore. You need to be very careful what you say and do as anything you do say is turned around and twisted to the other persons advantage. There has been a bad atmosphere for a few weeks , something I can't get my head around. The staff have all been asked why and snippets of gossip divulged. There are four of them in a click and have been secretly plotting to do some nasty things to myself and my manager, she is upset, I am bewildered. There is no reason or justification for this appalling behaviour. Work is hard enough at the best of times combined with my off days .
My disabled sister has gone hundreds of miles for her operation and I can not go with her because of work commitments. I feel really guilty and emotional. The operation is tomorrow so fingers crossed it all goes well , if not I will pack a bag and find the next available train to the North east. Work can get stuffed.
I am sat here with a wrecked head, tears in my eyes and wondering why people have to be so unkind to others.

Suzi
29-04-18, 06:12 PM
Oh sweetheart I'm sorry you're having such a crappy time.
Hope that the operation goes well for your sister tomorrow.

Paula
29-04-18, 07:04 PM
Hunni, I’m so, so sorry. You’re right, nobody has the right to treat people like that.

I truly hope all goes well with your sister’s op (panda)

Tia
29-04-18, 07:29 PM
Thank you I have been for a walk to try and clear my head. The thought of work tomorrow makes me feel sick. I am going to ring my sister's carer in a minute just to check on things.

Suzi
29-04-18, 08:53 PM
Hope it's all good news lovely x

OldMike
29-04-18, 09:52 PM
Hope all goes well with your sister's operation tomorrow.

SA89
30-04-18, 12:21 AM
Hey Tia, its really common in the workplace for cliques to form. At the fast food place I worked at there was a really weird vibe. And recently, I did a few shifts at a residential home & I could see straight away the cliques that were set in stone. Its typically the longest serving staff that cliques emerge from.

They create a culture in the working environment which becomes routine. The restaurant I worked at was full of crass, crude humour which was passed off as "banter". People would also freely gossip to their clique & most were so obnoxiously loud. Some of the established staff in a workplace can also appear to be self absorbed. A few girls ive worked with seem to be abrupt in their tone for no reason whatsoever.

Tia
02-05-18, 09:21 PM
What a manic week. It's all good news my sister is out of icu and on a standard surgical ward. She had a few dodgy moments but thanks to the experience of the medical team she is recovering well. I can't wait until she is home so I can go and see her.

Jaquaia
02-05-18, 09:26 PM
That's brilliant news! So pleased for you!

Paula
02-05-18, 10:39 PM
That’s fantastic!

Suzi
03-05-18, 09:49 AM
That's fantastic!

Tia
04-05-18, 08:05 PM
What a week it's been full of drama. My sister is still in hospital I am sure this is just a glitch and her bloods and kidneys will return to normal quite soon. It is hard being hundreds of miles away from her . Tonight I am going to pour myself a well deserved drink, tomorrow is another day.

Paula
04-05-18, 08:14 PM
Are you able to get to her over the weekend?

Tia
04-05-18, 08:28 PM
Nope I am stuck in work. The problem is the work load it's too much for one person and the new supervisor is no way near ready to be left on her own, far too much to go wrong. If things take a turn for the worst I will down tools and try to find a train that can get me up to the hospital. My manager will have to muddle through.I am praying things turn out well , this will be my sister's last operation as she was distressed when she came round from the anaesthetic. Don't want to play god with her life but she has been through so much it would be inhumane to make her endure more operations.

Suzi
04-05-18, 10:07 PM
(bear) That's a horrible situation to be in. Is it just you and your sister? Parents?

Tia
05-05-18, 09:50 AM
No parents Suzie my mum died when I was in primary school and my father died when I was 19 so I was my sister's carer from age 11 up to 31. Her life is really good as she now has her own place and well looked after by her carers. Last night has been a really close call as the crash team were brought in. Thankfully she seems ok today asking for toast ! I am on pins waiting for the next news with thoughts running through my head so just in case I am going to pack a bag and find the next train.Already messaged my manager and told her that I might be going up.

OldMike
05-05-18, 10:30 AM
(bear) (panda)

Suzi
05-05-18, 11:18 AM
I feel for you lovely. I think you're amazing.
Would it help you to go up?

Tia
05-05-18, 11:57 AM
I am thinking of going first thing tuesday that's if she remains stable. It's a very busy week again in work and I am in six days. At least Tuesday is a little easier for my manager to cope on her own and I think the new supervisor will have to be chucked in at the deep end. I will pack a bag just in case. In the middle of this I am having jobs done on my house so instead of going out I have ordered parts and materials online, got eldest to take some time off work to be in when the work gets carried out. To top it off my back has gone this morning so here I am dosed up on painkillers walking around with a hot water bottle strapped to my back . You really couldn't make this up. Some times life is a right pain in the ass !

Suzi
05-05-18, 01:57 PM
That's a lot of plates to be juggling lovely....
You sound close to your sister. I think it's great that you want to be there for her lovely...

Paula
05-05-18, 06:30 PM
Big hugs, lovely.