PDA

View Full Version : Distraction

Sleepy60
12-01-18, 07:59 AM
Hi
I'm Karen and I'm 57 I have suffered with depression for 15yrs now and have been good for a while until recently.
When I was first diagnosed I had a bad cold and my nose felt blocked so I was breathing thru my mouth which led me to not sleep and get very anxious,I thought if I couldn't breathe thru my nose I had to over breathe all the time thru my mouth so I couldn't sleep didn't want to go out or do anything!!crazy I know but I couldn't stop myself!!
I feel the same thing happening again and I'm getting really worked up about it,if my nose feels blocked I panic,I don't know what to do!!i haven't been back to the drs yet as last time was made to look like I'm crazy.
I need something to distract me but finnding it hard and tiring to constantly be thinking about it.
Thanks

Suzi
12-01-18, 09:02 AM
Hi and welcome to DWD. Doesn't sound crazy at all!

Sleepy60
12-01-18, 09:14 AM
I just feel I can't do this again,im normally a positive person but don't think I can do this now.

Suzi
12-01-18, 09:34 AM
You are sounding really concerned and stressed about it. The one thing I've learnt is that the more you stress about it, the worse the episode itms?
Sweetheart you can get through whatever is thrown at you - but this time you won't be on your own lovely. You have us to talk to and it does help.

Have you seen your GP and told them how you are feeling?

Paula
12-01-18, 10:14 AM
Hi and welcome. You talked about not feeling you can go to your GP about your mental health on another thread because your husband wouldn’t understand. Do you think you could tell him you’re going because of your breathing?

TiffanyyO
16-01-18, 07:55 PM
i completely know how you feel. it took me years to be able to tell my mom and dad about my mental health. They don't fully understand but they also don't judge me thank goodness. However my ex really didnt get it and it wasnt until he left that he realized what it was so hard for me.
I like to think we are stronger than we think we are, with support and the right people, you can overcome this darlin!! :) keep your chin up!