PDA

View Full Version : A new thread for the new year

Pages : [1] 2

Arty
02-01-18, 03:11 PM
Hello my friends,
Day 2 of 2018 .. nearly time for the kids to go back to school. Hope you are all ok?

Paula
02-01-18, 03:23 PM
my Daughter’s due back at college on Monday and has done no homework. Currently, I’m public enemy #1 lol

Arty
02-01-18, 03:58 PM
Oh dear Paula :( very hard to be a parent sometimes ! Fortunately mine have hardly been set any.

Paula
02-01-18, 04:05 PM
Jess had surgery so missed the last 2 weeks of the term and 2 weeks in college time means you miss an awful lot of work. But she’s 16 so, if she doesn’t get it done, it’s down to her ;)

Suzi
02-01-18, 04:54 PM
Mine go back on Thursday and we've just discovered that when I thought I'd got the uniform washed and sorted, apparently it hasn't been done yet lol....

Arty
03-01-18, 10:30 AM
Morning all, we’ve come into town. Still low on spoons so a quiet afternoon planned. Buffet went well (nod)

Suzi
03-01-18, 08:49 PM
How did your quiet afternoon go? Glad the buffet went well lovely!

Arty
04-01-18, 07:15 AM
Morning all,
Yesterday’s trip to town was successful. I bought myself a 2018 diary With a pretty cover. Lovely to have a little treat (nod)
My youngest was poorly yesterday afternoon/evening (flu symptoms) but I coped ok. She is determined to go back to school this morning, which I am grateful for as I really do need some recharge time. I watched some more of ‘Feud:Bette and Joan’ on the BBC I player last night. I thoroughly recommend it - takes you to another era.
Today I plan to swim & continue to preserve spoons. The children are with their Dad this weekend, time to replenish the spoon drawer :)

Suzi
04-01-18, 08:39 AM
OO I looked at that and wasn't sure, but if it's good I'll take a look...
Enjoy your swim lovely.

Arty
04-01-18, 04:08 PM
Thank-you Suzi, it was a lovely swim. I went to the supermarket afterwards for a few bits. I’ve been home since mid morning, doing my acrylic painting (aswell as a couple of jobs here and there) I feel much better for having time on my own, love routine!

Suzi
04-01-18, 04:26 PM
So glad you've had a good day lovely lady x

Paula
04-01-18, 11:30 PM
You’re sounding so positive, it’s really lovely to hear :)

Arty
05-01-18, 07:35 AM
Wow - I slept for over 10 hours last night, it has done me good :) The children are with their Dad this weekend so more recharging to be done.
Hope you all have a good weekend x

Suzi
05-01-18, 11:12 AM
Hoorah! So glad for you! Recharging is so important!

Arty
08-01-18, 09:18 AM
Morning all,
I’ve had a good weekend, hope you have too�� For some reason I am feeling a bit weary and anxious this morning. Medication thoughts are present again (ie. you don’t need them! When my rational brain knows that I definitely do, to slow me down if nothing else!) The children are back this afternoon so I need to be rested for when they return. I’m going to do some art as a gentle start to the day.

Suzi
08-01-18, 09:32 AM
Are you painting today?
Remember, your thoughts are only that - just thoughts. You don't have to act on them, but well done for getting them out of your head.

Paula
08-01-18, 09:46 AM
So glad you’ve had a good weekend :)

Arty
08-01-18, 01:11 PM
I reached out to a friend first thing and had a little cry, always therapeutic (nod) Since then, I have been for a gentle swim and then to a shop to buy something to cook for tea. I know that the kids are likely to be especially hungry this evening (youngest playing in a football match today) so decided to cook a bolognese in advance. I'm now going to rest until they come home from school.

Suzi
08-01-18, 02:29 PM
Do you want to talk about why you had a cry? (bear)(bear) You looking forward to having them all home?

Arty
08-01-18, 02:46 PM
Thank-you Suzi (nod) I think it is just the enormity of facing life without a partner. Sometimes I feel so inadequate because I don’t have a ‘proper’ job (at the moment) and can only cope with so much stress. The time of year & dullness of the skies could also be a factor today. My Mum has just booked us all a holiday, I am so grateful.. she is my rock x

Paula
08-01-18, 03:53 PM
Where are you going?

Arty
08-01-18, 04:33 PM
We’re going to Butlins :) we all loved it last year. Lots to do for all 3 generations :)

Suzi
08-01-18, 06:49 PM
So glad you've got something to look forward to. You'll have a great time - when are you off?
Sweetheart some of the most amazingly strong people I've ever known are without partners for some amazingly good reasons. My little sister was married and her husband passed away 9 years ago, she was then with an abusive alcoholic and in the last few months she's met the most lovely man who worships her (and rightly so, she's f*ing awesome) so it can and does happen. She used online dating if that's something that interests you?

Arty
08-01-18, 07:21 PM
I’m feeling so much calmer tonight thankfully. Most of the time I really am happy on my own & I am enjoying my own company more and more. Occasionally I do have little bursts of panic and or tears (to be expected) That sounds lovely re: your sister. Personally, I don’t want to date anyone. I am fortunate to have lots of amazing friends who are a fabulous support to me. The kids are back home and we have had a lovely tea - yum!
Our holiday is in July, something to look forward to.

Suzi
08-01-18, 07:26 PM
Good for you! I think you are amazing tbh and think you are a wonderful Mum! :)

Arty
08-01-18, 07:57 PM
(bear)

Arty
14-01-18, 06:49 PM
Hello,
This weekend has been good. We went out last night to a race night..the girls thought it was fun! Today we have been out for lunch and to the cinema. The film was The a Greatest Showman - a really good film with great music. I am almost out of spoons now but I have a quiet day tomorrow to catch-up. Hope you have all had a good one x

Suzi
14-01-18, 08:23 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed it - everyone I've known who has seen it has said it was brilliant.
I'm planning on a quiet one tomorrow too!

Paula
14-01-18, 08:30 PM
You’re doing brilliantly with pacing. Well done, lovely

Arty
15-01-18, 12:22 PM
Eek, I was bad first thing := however, I got up and made it to the swimming pool. I have an afternoon of art planned and then crochet group tonight x what are you all up to today?

Suzi
15-01-18, 02:05 PM
In what way "bad" love?
Well done for swimming and a day filled with art and crochet sounds lovely!

Arty
15-01-18, 02:13 PM
I felt really panicky & scared. I think I mentioned before the analogy of all the doors flapping open in your head (representing many different worries) I am currently on the sofa as I feel really weary. It does frustrate me that my brain can’t cope with more than it does (but that is part of the disease I suppose) I probably over did it on the weekend but it is so hard to know how much stuff to do (especially with the kids)

Suzi
15-01-18, 02:19 PM
Pacing IS hard, and it sucks, but it has to be. If you need to rest, then rest. You have doors -I have an old fashioned library in my head.... I get it.

Arty
15-01-18, 02:53 PM
Ah I like that one..thank-you for all you do on here Suzi (bear)

Suzi
15-01-18, 03:38 PM
Any time love, I don't do much...

Paula
15-01-18, 03:40 PM
Any time love, I don't do much...

Pah!

Arty, One step at a time, sweetie (bear)

Arty
16-01-18, 01:29 PM
Hi my friends,
I made it to crochet group last night and I have been to my voluntary job this morning. I have been putting a lot of pressure on myself the last few days. I am very good at that! Tomorrow I am going for a coffee and a chat with my Mum, looking forward to lifting the lid on my thoughts. I hope to take things at a steadier pace over the next few days/week. One step at a time and one day at a time....(nod)

Suzi
16-01-18, 01:41 PM
I'm so proud of you that you are working on pacing. I like the sound of one step at a time.

Paula
16-01-18, 04:27 PM
Well done for getting out, lovely, and for knowing when to stop :)

Arty
17-01-18, 03:57 PM
Today I have achieved something that I have been thinking about for 6 months +. Cancelling Sky TV etc (which is costing me a fortune!) It was in my ex’s name so he phoned up and cancelled it all (he is even going to box up the sky box etc for me) Hopefully a friend is going to assist me in setting up a cheaper broadband/tv package. My ex used to do all the paperwork and make most of the decisions regarding such things so it is a BIG step for me to do this. Really going to take it easy for the rest of today as I also have been to Dunelm with my Mum. Must preserve spoons! (bear) hugs my friends x

Suzi
17-01-18, 03:58 PM
That's brilliant! Well done lovely!

Paula
17-01-18, 07:12 PM
Well done :)

Arty
20-01-18, 10:24 AM
Hi folks,
It’s my ‘recharge’ weekend :) I started the day with a swim - you may have noticed that I am quite into swimming lol. I’m just having a cuppa and then I will get my paints out soon. I’m considering doing a mini exhibition of my art in the spring (at home) Going out tonight so must pace myself. Hope you’re all ok. x

Suzi
20-01-18, 10:49 AM
Can we come virtually to your exhibition? Means you get to take lots of pictures and we get to see your art!

Arty
20-01-18, 11:04 AM
Definitely Suzi! I would be honoured to show you all. It is going to be good to have a project to work towards (nod)

Suzi
20-01-18, 12:05 PM
That'd be fab!

Arty
21-01-18, 08:39 AM
Morming, I went out last night for a friend’s birthday. We went for a meal to a place that was right up my street. There were lots of interesting pictures on the wall, some photos, some paintings, very inspirational! It took me ages to walk to the toilet because I was looking at them all! Lovely meal and good conversation with a friend I haven’t seen for a while. I had a delicious chocolate brownie for pudding - one of my favourites. I’ve got a quiet morning this morning and then seeing Mum this afternoon. x

Paula
21-01-18, 09:35 AM
Sounds like a lovely evening. Well done for going :)

Suzi
21-01-18, 10:45 AM
That sounds like a lovely evening hunni!

Arty
22-01-18, 04:19 PM
Happy Monday :) Today I have signed up for new broadband, arranged an electrician for my kitchen light problem (for Weds) and an aerial man to come on Friday. I feel a bit achey for some reason so going to pace myself for the rest of the day! I’ve got my trusty hot water bottle and SAD lamp to hand! x

Paula
22-01-18, 04:32 PM
Oooo hot water bottle, I may have to follow your lead ;)

Suzi
22-01-18, 07:18 PM
Wow you've done loads! Good to hear that you are pacing too!

Arty
29-01-18, 08:12 AM
Morning all,
This weekend was quite busy. Yesterday my eldest sent me off for a swim, I really did need it (volume of negative thoughts SO loud!) She also made most of tea, which I was very grateful for. I feel wobbly and have slept a lot the last 2 nights. The girls are back with their Dad tonight so I have some recharge time. I am booked into crochet group tonight but can always get out of it if necessary. The only thing set in stone today is a courier delivery (my cat’s dry food!)
It’s coming up to 3 years since my hospital stay (due to mental breakdown) I can’t remember the exact date but it was the Thursday before half term. Still on the same meds but I realise they have kept me well.
Have a good Monday x

Suzi
29-01-18, 10:07 AM
The girls spend a lot of time with their father, which is lovely..
I Hope you're doing something to celebrate your hospital say..The start of your recovery..

Paula
29-01-18, 10:29 AM
Hope you make the most of your recharge time :)

Arty
29-01-18, 10:32 AM
Yes, i’m going to go out for a meal with a couple of friends (nod)
He is a brilliant Dad. We are in a good routine now & the communication between us is good.

Suzi
29-01-18, 02:07 PM
That sounds wonderful!

It's great that you have a good relationship with him for the children..

Arty
14-02-18, 07:04 PM
Hello,
Today has been a struggle. This morning I accidentally took 2 Pregabalin tablets (distracted by kids?) which made me feel awful all morning. I thought I had better miss my afternoon dose (I take 3x100mg per day) I have taken my usual dose this evening so I am back as I should be. The usual ‘you are not good enough’ thoughts are going through my head. My rational brain knows that this is not true but I just feel I have been battling all day.

Paula
14-02-18, 07:42 PM
Mucking up meds is something we’ve all done and is something it (in my experience) usually takes at least 24 hours to get over. So, I’m not surprised you’ve struggled (panda)

Arty
14-02-18, 07:49 PM
Thank-you for your reply Paula - in school holidays our routines alter, normality resumes on Monday!

Pen
14-02-18, 09:21 PM
Just remember you are doing fine. No, better than fine. I am impressed that you can remember what meds to take it have to rely on my doset box.

Suzi
14-02-18, 09:21 PM
I managed to take my night time meds at my 2pm time a few days ago......... It happens to everyone at some point!

Arty
15-02-18, 03:55 PM
Hi there,
Thankfully I am feeling much better today! Recognising the need to rest though so am going to fix my bottom on the sofa, rewatching Call the Midwife from the start (nod) I’ve treated myself to some new tea and chocolate, yum! Thanks for being there guys x

Paula
15-02-18, 04:58 PM
That sounds like a sensible plan :)

Suzi
15-02-18, 09:25 PM
Sounds like a brilliant plan. Hope you've had a brilliant day lovely x

Arty
19-04-18, 09:22 AM
Hi everyone,
It has been ages since I posted anything on here! I now have 2 little jobs, they are both a few hours a week. It feels good to be earning my own money & to be praised for what I am doing. I’m still on all my meds, which my brain frequently questions. However, I am recognising when I need to stop & rest. Also, my perfectionism has really lowered in volume, ok is ok and all that. I always know you guys are here if I need to vent, thank-you.
Xx

OldMike
19-04-18, 09:48 AM
Good to hear from you Arty (hi)

A truly positive post, thanks, I'm so pleased you're doing so well :)

Paula
19-04-18, 11:22 AM
Great post! Well done, lovely

Suzi
19-04-18, 11:30 AM
Sounds like you're doing well!

Arty
13-05-18, 04:21 PM
Hi all,
This weekend has been a real struggly one for me. I’ve been trying to appear that all is ok with me when inside I feel run down and emotional. It’s my youngest’s birthday today which has been lovely & I couldn’t be more prouder of them. I think the main problem is my brain constantly questioning the meds. The main reason for this is that I have had a poorly throat & throat ulcer (s) for weeks now (which I am of course deciding is side effects of the drugs) I have been to the doc & although she agreed it could be, in view of my new jobs decided that the meds should stay put for now. She praised me for working & was very kind.

Pen
13-05-18, 04:36 PM
Have your meds changed?

Paula
13-05-18, 04:40 PM
(panda) did your doctor give you anything to help your throat? Do you need to see her again?

Arty
13-05-18, 04:41 PM
No, theyÂ’re still the same as I was prescribed by the psychiatrist in hospital (February 2015)

I think I probably do Paula x

Suzi
13-05-18, 04:47 PM
Hi lovely! Sorry about your throat. I agree I'd go back and see your Dr again about it. It could be a hayfevery issue - I know both B and I have been hit hard this weekend with it..

Arty
13-05-18, 04:57 PM
Thank-you for your support (bear)

Pen
13-05-18, 05:42 PM
I doubt it's a side affect of your meds after all this time. It could be you are just run down. Definitely go back and see your doctor.

Suzi
13-05-18, 08:05 PM
Thank-you for your support (bear)
You'll always have that x

Arty
14-05-18, 06:15 PM
What a difference a day makes.....
I’ve been for a swim today (always a good idea) and had a relaxing afternoon making things with clay. I feel really good, so relieved as yesterday my anxiety levels were so high. I still plan to see the doctor re: my throat but don’t feel so panicky/desperate.

Suzi
14-05-18, 08:32 PM
That's brilliant! I'm really pleased for you!

OldMike
20-05-18, 05:55 PM
That's good Arty glad you had a more relaxing day.

Arty
21-05-18, 06:10 PM
Hi folks,
This evening I am recognising the need to Velcro my derrière to the sofa! It’s been a really busy few days. I had the girls this weekend & we had a lovely time. I’ve been in the garden today tidying up and pruning bushes etc. No kids tonight so making the most of the quiet & catching up with TV. Hope you are all well ��

Paula
21-05-18, 06:36 PM
Sofa time sounds like a plan!

Suzi
21-05-18, 10:02 PM
That's a brilliant plan!

Arty
22-05-18, 05:13 PM
Hi, I managed to get an appointment with the doctor for this afternoon re: my throat. He has prescribed Lansoprazole to reduce stomach acid. I feel happy that I have seen someone & that we will give this a try.

Suzi
22-05-18, 09:58 PM
I take Lansoprazole too! Hope it helps. I'm so glad you went and feel listened to.

Arty
04-06-18, 08:10 AM
Hi friends,
So..I have recently found out that my ex husband has become engaged and they have set a date for March next year.
Of course, my girls will be attending the wedding. As you can imagine, it feels like the wounds that had started to heal have been opened up again. I feel very emotional, I know that we will never be together again, and to be honest I do realise now that he is definitely NOT the kind of person I want to be with. However, I am finding it exhausting dealing with thoughts about the past etc. Once again, I am saying to myself ‘you should be reducing your meds by now’ when my rational mind knows that they are keeping me well. On a positive note, my jobs are going well & I am feeling really creative at the moment. My friends and family are really supportive too. Thank you for listening and being there.

Paula
04-06-18, 08:28 AM
Hunni, I’m so sorry. If it helps, I was married and had a new baby when my ex husband remarried. And I was still (secretly) distraught. It brought back all my memories of our relationship and our painful break up and that small part of me that still loved him grieved. Anyone could understand why this hurts (bear)

Suzi
04-06-18, 10:20 AM
Absolutely understand why it hurts lovely. Sounds so painful. I'm sorry lovely...

Arty
04-06-18, 11:59 AM
Thank-you for your lovely words ladies (nod)

Arty
04-06-18, 12:54 PM
Work went really well this morning. I’m going to start a new clay green man this afternoon & the girls are back later �� But first, time to watch the latest episode of the Handmaid’s Tale.

Suzi
04-06-18, 03:58 PM
Glad it went well lovely x

Arty
15-06-18, 03:37 PM
Hello,
I have run out of spoons today. The girls are with their Dad this weekend, thankfully, as I really need the rest. I feel like there are tears inside of me that won’t/can’t come out. x

Paula
15-06-18, 03:48 PM
So what plans do you have to be kind to yourself tonight?

Arty
15-06-18, 05:39 PM
Well, I have just been to the shops and bought myself a lovely tea for tonight. I have also had a really long chat with my Mum (and cry) I feel better for it & we have decided that I should make another appt with the psychiatrist (it’s been a while since I have been to see him) At the moment I am outside in the sunshine with my cat, who is called Joe. He is such a comfort to me, animals seem to understand if things aren’t right.

Paula
15-06-18, 05:44 PM
Cats do love sunshine :). I hope you get an appt quickly

OldMike
15-06-18, 06:39 PM
Pets are a great comfort aren't they :)

Suzi
15-06-18, 07:20 PM
I'm so glad you can talk things over with your Mum lovely..

Arty
15-06-18, 07:24 PM
She is an amazing lady, she always checks on me & seems to know when I need her. I have no energy tonight but I am sure a good night’s sleep and a swim in the morning will do wonders for me. There is nothing that I have to do tonight, I have all weekend to catch up with housework etc (rofl)

Suzi
15-06-18, 09:08 PM
Can you plan in some positive "you" time?

Arty
16-06-18, 08:08 PM
Hi there,
I have had a much better day :) A lovely, relaxing swim this morning. This afternoon I went to the studio with some of my pottery friends & then to tea with my Mum & step dad. I am missing the girls but know I need this recharge time.
Hope you are all ok.

OldMike
16-06-18, 08:55 PM
Sounds like a good day Arty :)

Suzi
16-06-18, 10:14 PM
So glad you've had some time to recharge a bit..

Arty
17-06-18, 03:40 PM
Hi, today is going really well. I went to a car boot sale with a friend this morning. It was great fun, I bought a plant and various other bits. It was really interesting to see what people were selling/buying. I’ve planted the plant & also put some of my large home made pottery flowers in pots. They look good and don’t need watering! (rofl) Now I am going to do some art / clay work whilst listening to music.

OldMike
17-06-18, 04:40 PM
Pottery flowers sound a really good idea they won't grow too big and only need dusting and wiping with a damp cloth :)

Suzi
17-06-18, 08:11 PM
Pottery flowers sound lovely! Show us a pic?

Arty
18-06-18, 06:49 PM
I’m not sure how to do this Suzi? I remember struggling before lol

Suzi
18-06-18, 07:25 PM
This should help:

http://www.dealingwithdepression.co.uk/showthread.php?3982-How-to-post-pictures-in-the-forum

If not give me a shout and I'll try to help another way ;)

Arty
02-07-18, 03:05 PM
Hi, after a lovely, busy weekend & work this morning, this afternoon I am resting. I’m catching up with the Handmaid’s Tale, anyone else watching it?

Suzi
02-07-18, 04:39 PM
I need to rewatch the end of the last series and then watch this series... Is it as good as the first series?

Arty
03-07-18, 08:12 AM
The series is s but slow in places but the storyline & acting is consistently good.
I am also enjoying Versailles (nod)

Jaquaia
03-07-18, 01:08 PM
I read the book in college and absolutely hated it so refuse to watch the series.

Suzi
03-07-18, 03:23 PM
The handmaidens tale?

Arty
03-07-18, 06:04 PM
The handmaidens tale?

I studied it for A Level English. The society in the book/tv drama is totally believable!
I've struggled the last few days but I think the heat is affecting me & I am due a parenting recharge on Friday lol. I'm trying to take things steady, my crochet is out. I'm just about to watch a film on Netflix about the Holocaust. I was going to cancel Netflix but there seems to be some good programmes for the girls (and of course it is nearly the school holidays)

Paula
03-07-18, 08:22 PM
I love Netflix, there’s always something I would watch on it

Suzi
03-07-18, 08:23 PM
What are you crocheting at the moment?

Arty
03-07-18, 10:08 PM
Suzi, I’m doing the cost stripe blanket (Attic 24) it’s simple but I like it (y) It’s only a few weeks until our holiday, can’t wait!

Suzi
04-07-18, 10:47 AM
OO it looks amazing, is it fun?

OldMike
04-07-18, 11:22 AM
Had to Google what a "cost stripe blanket (Attic 24)" was and it looks cool, hope you have fun crocheting it Arty :)

Arty
05-07-18, 06:56 PM
Lol it’s a cosy stripe blanket - hahahahaha. Yes, I love my crafts (blush)

Arty
15-07-18, 03:45 PM
I’m feeling overwhelmed this afternoon.....There is a totally crazy school week ahead.
My youngest is in year 6 so finishes on Friday (many activities have been squeezed into the timetable for this last week) My ex will be attending the leaver’s ceremony on Friday. My Mum will be there with me which is good as I know it is going to be tough. All memories of the times the school have helped me through, especially when I was terribly ill prior to going into hospital.
My eldest is going to London on Wednesday for 2 nights. And then it is the school holidays for her too. I know that it will be lovely having them off school but it always uses lots of spoons. It is probably just the heat but things are getting to me. So glad, as always, for you guys being there. x

OldMike
15-07-18, 04:56 PM
(bear) (panda)

Paula
15-07-18, 05:13 PM
A lot of tough things to deal with, then. Please try to keep some spoons in reserve - it doesn’t matter if that means getting takeaway instead of cooking or leaving the hoovering for a few days (bear)

Suzi
15-07-18, 05:21 PM
I totally agree with Paula - bit by bit lovely. Our middle one is currently in France and we had a very tearful conversation with her yesterday and today her knees have turned blue so it's really wiping me out trying to be upbeat and positive for her and our other two....
Can you plan to do maybe 1 big thing a week during the holidays?
This week will be busy and emotional. Plan easy things for dinner - take away or bread, cheese and salad etc leave the housework if you need to and ask those around you for help....

Arty
15-07-18, 08:07 PM
Thanks for your helpful comments. You are right, I have to be kind to myself and cut some corners. I will try and rest as much as possible. I am already in bed this evening, early night for me (I do love my bed anyway lol)

Arty
16-07-18, 04:32 PM
Today is a much better day (nod) I’ve been to my two jobs and felt valued at both of them. The weather is cooler too, which is lovely. The girls are with their Dad tonight so I am going to preserve spoons. Pacing is definitely the key this week.
Hope you’re all doing ok.

Suzi
16-07-18, 04:35 PM
It's great that you can pace properly x

Paula
16-07-18, 08:59 PM
Well done, hunni :)

Arty
24-07-18, 07:24 PM
Hello (talk) well, I got through last week ok thankfully. For some reason lots of negative thoughts are milling about (especially “you don’t need all this medication, you are not good enough etc. etc) I know that lots of you are familiar with this & as always it is a comfort that I have friends on DWD to discuss things with. In my rational moments I know that the meds slow me down, which I very much need. I am realising that my girls are growing up and are going out with friends more. This is great but it represents a kind of loss, and of course this links with the separation from my ex. There are a lot of emotions tied up this & although those close to me tell me I am coping really well/ blossoming the niggling doubts still remain. We are off on holiday on Monday for 4 nights with my Mum which will be a good change of scene, and food is cooked for us too (nod) Great that I can be honest with you guys about everything.

Paula
24-07-18, 09:39 PM
Where are you going, hunni?

Suzi
24-07-18, 11:15 PM
Sounds great that you are going on holiday with your Mum! Where are you off to?

Arty
25-07-18, 03:46 PM
We’re going to Butlins. We loved it last year & have booked the same chalet. Weather forecast looks good too!
I’ve been swimming this morning and am doing some art this afternoon.

Suzi
25-07-18, 05:42 PM
Hope you have a brilliant time! :)

OldMike
25-07-18, 08:03 PM
Have a great time Arty.

Arty
12-08-18, 01:09 PM
Hi all,
Here we are again in the middle of the school holidays. Butlins went well, apart from my step dad falling and breaking his hip. He is now in a hospital one hour away from here. I have done the drive there twice (once last Saturday, once yesterday) I slept 12 hours last night & recognise that I have absolutely no spoons left. My head is once again saying ‘you don’t need your meds, you could reduce them, why can’t you cope ?’ & so on. The childrens’ Dad has them for a week from next Friday.

Paula
12-08-18, 04:04 PM
Please don’t listen to your head - the general rule is that you shouldn’t consider coming off ADs for at least 6 mo this after some stability...... sorry about your stepdad, how long will he be in hospital?

Arty
12-08-18, 04:20 PM
Hi Paula,
We don’t know how long he will be in but we are hoping for a transfer to our local hospital asap. I have been on these meds for over 3 years now & my rational brain knows they keep me well. I’m just over-tired atm. I remember being exactly the same at this stage of the summer holidays last year! (nod)

Suzi
12-08-18, 08:16 PM
I completely agree - don't listen to your head about the meds - but it seems to be a recurrent thought with your meds. I'd suggest you talk it over with your Dr hunni and just make them aware that you're fighting these thoughts.

Sorry about your step dad. Hope the transfer happens soon!

Arty
22-08-18, 03:38 PM
Hello :)
My step dad is back in our local hospital - yay! So much easier for my Mum.
I am half way through my child free week. This morning I popped into my GP surgery to request some more Lansoprazole as my sore throat seems to be reappearing. It worked to get rid of it last time so i'm going to give it another go.
Work is really rewarding. I keep pinching myself, saying 'you're doing this, you're really holding things together!'
I have been out for 2 yummy meals this week & done some tidying/sorting in the house. I've actually done a lot really so a quiet rest of the day is in order. The medication thoughts are still buzzing around but the volume is turned down now thankfully.

BTW has anyone seen the new Christopher Robbin film?x

magie06
22-08-18, 04:44 PM
BTW has anyone seen the new Christopher Robbin film?x[/QUOTE]

I saw that movie yesterday. It is a great laugh, but Suzi wants to see it so no spoilers.

Suzi
22-08-18, 05:32 PM
I am desperate to see Christopher Robin!

Sounds like you're having a good week lovely!

Paula
22-08-18, 07:05 PM
That’s such a positive post, lovely!

Arty
31-08-18, 06:25 PM
Hello friends,
The girls have gone back to their Dad. My youngest starts secondary school on Monday and my eldest starts back Tuesday morning so another summer school holiday is done. I am so very tired so am being kind to myself this evening. After having quite a few negative thoughts about my meds recently, I am feeling really grateful for them tonight (nod) Some positive news is that I have got back into reading proper books in a big way. I have discovered a new author that I really like and have bought myself two of her books. I am getting much better at treating myself these days.

Paula
31-08-18, 07:04 PM
Ooo what author is that?

Arty
31-08-18, 07:16 PM
She is called Anne Tyler. She is an American author and has written 20 novels. I’m so thrilled to be reading again, I just love being lost in a book!

Suzi
31-08-18, 10:08 PM
That's so amazingly positive! Well done lovely!

Arty
01-09-18, 10:53 AM
Morning,
I've been for a swim this morning but started crying in the shower and changing room afterwards. I had various plans today but have now decided to stay home. My Mum is going to pop over to see me at tea time.
The past week has been crazily busy and I know I really do need to rest as much as I can this weekend. So glad, as always, that you are all here as a support network for me.

CaterpillarGirl
01-09-18, 01:11 PM
Oh I love Anne Tyler, my mum has bought me a couple of her books in the past, enjoy :)

Paula
01-09-18, 03:15 PM
So I hope you’re still resting ....

Arty
01-09-18, 03:51 PM
I am Paula, yes (nod)

Suzi
01-09-18, 05:24 PM
Recharging is so important. You need to rest love.. (panda)(panda)

Arty
11-09-18, 05:44 PM
Hello friends,
I’ve been struggling the last few days. The main focus of my anxiety is that I need to earn more money from January. I have started registering with agencies etc. today. I am not doing any more tonight though, i’m watching Paddington 2 to relax (nod)

Paula
11-09-18, 05:47 PM
What changes in January? It’s tough job hunting so well done for taking time out for you - I love that film :)

Arty
11-09-18, 06:07 PM
The amount of maintenance I receive from my ex reduces. I am making some adjustments to my outgoings atm. which will help.
Yes, it’s a very good film (bear)

Suzi
11-09-18, 07:13 PM
Awesome choice of movie ;)

Can you claim anything such as PIP, Income support or something to help?

Arty
12-09-18, 06:09 AM
Hi, I didn’t have a very good night. I’m going to try and book an appointment with the doctor for this afternoon.
I’m frightened ;(

Suzi
12-09-18, 09:29 AM
What are you frightened of lovely?
I'm sorry you didn't sleep well, but really proud of you for deciding to see the Dr. Let us know how you get on?

Paula
12-09-18, 09:49 AM
(panda) hunni, you’re doing all the right things. Definitely speak to your doctor

Arty
12-09-18, 01:14 PM
Hi there,
I've been to the doctor and been given sleeping tablets (I have had these before and know that they suit me) He has also upped my Venlaflaxine to 75mg twice daily. I saw my regular doctor and he is lovely, a really understanding man. He has told me that I should go and see him again if I am struggling. I'm resting this afternoon. Pen is coming to visit which will be nice.

Paula
12-09-18, 01:23 PM
Well done, lovely. Make sure you take it easy for a few days

Suzi
12-09-18, 02:21 PM
I'm so glad you've had a good experience with the Dr and you've got Pen too. Well done lovely.

Arty
12-09-18, 03:14 PM
I’m on the sofa with a hot water bottle & my fleece blanket ! X

Suzi
12-09-18, 04:44 PM
Sounds like a good place to be...

Arty
13-09-18, 12:45 PM
Ah...a much better night's sleep last night thankfully. I have started my new dose of Venlaflaxine this morning too. I'm going to have a quiet afternoon & rest as much as possible. (nod)

Paula
13-09-18, 02:38 PM
Good to hear :)

Suzi
13-09-18, 02:50 PM
Definitely a good call x

Arty
14-09-18, 05:20 PM
Thank crunchie it’s Friday :)
It has been one hell of a week but i’ve made it. This morning I went to work & then for a swim. This afternoon I visited my Mum and then did the supermarket run. Now for some me time with my cat on the sofa. Thanks for being there this week ladies x

Suzi
14-09-18, 07:47 PM
Well done lovely! Hooray for Friday!!

Arty
15-09-18, 04:49 PM
What the difference a few days makes (nod) It’s my recharge weekend and I feel sooo much better than early last week. I’m off out for a meal tonight with 2 friends �� I’ve started painting again too x

Paula
15-09-18, 05:08 PM
That’s fantastic!

OldMike
15-09-18, 07:12 PM
Enjoy your meal out with friends, back painting (not actually painting people's backs that would be silly but you know what I mean) woohoo brilliant.

Suzi
15-09-18, 08:07 PM
Your painting is beautiful!

Arty
16-09-18, 01:56 PM
Thank-you Suzi x

Arty
21-09-18, 02:14 PM
Wow, what a week!
After just a week of searching for a new job, I was offered one yesterday (and accepted it) It is less than 2 miles from my home and 16 hours per week (guaranteed hours) It is an activities assistant job in a care home. I was a bit concerned when they handed me the application form when I arrived. In previous jobs I have had the opportunity to take the form home and carefully fill it out. Of course, in the medical section it had boxes to tick, one of which was depression/psychiatric problems (which I ticked and then on the reverse, said I had received treatment for my depression) Anyhow, the interview went well & the place was lovely. I'm totally exhausted today! A friend looked after me at lunchtime, making sure I had food and calmed me down (thank goodness) I am going to have a very quiet afternoon/weekend.
On Tuesday, my eldest (aged 13) announced she has a boyfriend! Eek! and so it begins lol (rofl)
I am hoping to get my paints out this weekend (hedgehog)
Hope you are all ok(nod)

OldMike
21-09-18, 03:09 PM
That's really good news Arty. Youngsters seem to have boyfriends/girlfriends at an early age these days.

Edit: I notice Suzi liked your painting but I can't see a link to it or an image on here unless it's on your Facebook page.

Paula
21-09-18, 03:36 PM
Congratulations!

Suzi
21-09-18, 07:12 PM
Congratulations! How brilliant!

Arty
22-09-18, 11:40 AM
Thanks everyone :) I would love to post a link to one of my paintings on here but I never seem to be able to find a way to do it.

Suzi
22-09-18, 08:34 PM
Do you know how to open your picture on FB - right click and open in new tab. Copy the url and press the button on here in the quick reply box with the picture of a tree. Paste the url and it should appear just like magic! :)

Arty
23-09-18, 02:50 PM
sorry about the blank messages, i'm trying to post the link to my picture lol

Jaquaia
23-09-18, 02:51 PM
For some reason the img tags/whatever the techy term is aren't working so removed them. Pics work now, gorgeous cat! :)

Arty
23-09-18, 03:02 PM
hmmm...only really wanted my art picture on there Jaquaia, can you remove the link please?

Suzi
23-09-18, 09:27 PM
Is this what you wanted?
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/41773977_10157820161029447_6666049965086736384_n.j pg?_nc_cat=0&oh=fd4395f39944cec366c187c60f74a3ae&oe=5C1DE0BE

Arty
23-09-18, 09:37 PM
Thank-you Suzi, you’re a star (bear)

Suzi
23-09-18, 09:43 PM
Glad to help x

Paula
24-09-18, 10:59 AM
That’s gorgeous!

Arty
24-09-18, 03:43 PM
Thank-you Paula, it isn’t finished (in this picture) but it gives an idea of the style of my paintings.

Arty
26-09-18, 12:43 PM
My anxiety levels are high this week. I am handing my notice in for my current job on Friday (which I am dreading) and the DBS is going through for my new one (and then references) Although I have no rational reason to worry about any of it, I feel exhausted with all the thinking about everything. I guess change in any form (& uncertainty) is bound to make me anyone feel unsettled. I am trying to be kind to myself and am resting this afternoon. Tea is in the slow cooker which is also good news! x

Paula
26-09-18, 01:18 PM
(bear) changing jobs is always tough.

Suzi
26-09-18, 03:00 PM
Change is always hard. I'm sure that it'll all be OK and things will be brighter. Just remember to be kind to you x

Arty
26-09-18, 05:58 PM
Thanks for your comments ladies x

OldMike
26-09-18, 10:43 PM
As the others have said changing jobs ain't easy.

PS. Love your artwork :)

Arty
01-10-18, 01:46 PM
Hi friends,
The paperwork has come through for my new job. Omg!!so much of it.
I spent Saturday evening & 2/3 of Sunday with dear friends.
I have had a stressful morning so I am resting this afternoon before the girls return from their Dads.
Hope you at all ok x

Paula
01-10-18, 04:10 PM
When do you start your new job?

Arty
01-10-18, 05:32 PM
Hi Paula,
I start my job on 29th October. To complicate matters, the reference request was received by my current job before I handed my notice in (I wonder whether my supervisor is going to send the reference off now) I am also doubting my ability to do the new job that I have applied for. I am beating myself up about the reference thing & everything else tbh.
I think my hormones have been affecting me this afternoon. I REALLY lost it with my eldest earlier (I don't think I have ever screamed at her like that) & I have been very teary. I really miss the support of my ex, even though I know he will never be mine again.
x

Suzi
01-10-18, 07:15 PM
Oh no about the reference! Have you talked to them about it?
Why are you doubting your ability?
Do you want to talk about what you lost your temper about? Have you apologised if you needed to?

Arty
02-10-18, 06:39 AM
Yes, I did go and explain what had happened.
I apologised to my daughter and she said she was sorry too.
Last night I met a friend for an hour and talked everything through. It really helped.x

Paula
02-10-18, 08:48 AM
Big hugs hunni (bear). Well done for explaining, for apologising and for talking - those are all horrible things to have to do.

Suzi
02-10-18, 09:20 AM
Then you've done brilliantly lovely. Try not to beat yourself up about it. How are you feeling today?

Arty
02-10-18, 01:07 PM
Thank-you ladies. I’m doing ok today, I’ve been out this morning and I have a quiet afternoon planned. There is a casserole in the slow cooker for tea. I feel a bit run down but I am practising self care. I am working on a painting, I have my crochet to hand and some good tv to watch. Thanks as always for being there ladies x

Suzi
02-10-18, 09:46 PM
Glad that today has been an OK one lovely.

Paula
03-10-18, 10:41 AM
You ok today, gorgeous?

Arty
04-10-18, 07:00 AM
Thanks for asking Paula. Yesterday was busy but ok. I went to the doctor as I thought I may have a water infection. Thankfully I don’t have one and she gave me some advice about how to ease my symptoms. Today I have a busy morning and then am going to fill out my job forms with a friend. This afternoon I am going to rest. No children until tomorrow evening.
Yesterday I treated myself to a more expensive tube of acrylic paint & a new pad of paper. Although I am trying to economise, little treats like this are lovely. When I finish my current picture I will try to post a picture of it on here.
x

Suzi
04-10-18, 08:34 AM
Glad that it's not a water infection lovely. Hope your resting goes well! Can't wait to see your next painting!

Paula
04-10-18, 09:34 AM
Thanks for asking Paula. Yesterday was busy but ok. I went to the doctor as I thought I may have a water infection. Thankfully I don’t have one and she gave me some advice about how to ease my symptoms. Today I have a busy morning and then am going to fill out my job forms with a friend. This afternoon I am going to rest. No children until tomorrow evening.
Yesterday I treated myself to a more expensive tube of acrylic paint & a new pad of paper. Although I am trying to economise, little treats like this are lovely. When I finish my current picture I will try to post a picture of it on here.
x

That’s a great example of practising self care. Well done, hunni

Arty
04-10-18, 02:55 PM
So pleased/relieved this afternoon. I have been to my new employer and they have received a satisfactory reference from my current employer. I’m going to relax for the rest of the day! x

Suzi
04-10-18, 06:56 PM
YAY!!!

Arty
10-10-18, 07:18 PM
Oh dear, I feel so weary at the moment. I’m resting a lot but still feel overwhelmed by everything. I’m still on the sleeping tablets & increased dose of Venlaflaxine. I have a child free weekend this weekend which will be good, thankfully, & a few days away 22-26 October. I just feel a bit disassociated tbh x

Suzi
10-10-18, 07:48 PM
(panda) I sympathise, I'm totally exhausted. It's making doing anything tough. Glad you've got chance to rest though lovely....

Paula
10-10-18, 08:23 PM
(panda). Are you sleeping at night?

Arty
10-10-18, 08:47 PM
Thank-you ladies. Yes, I am sleeping. It’s hardly surprising that I am exhausted - leaving current job, starting new one at the end of the month, season change (ugh :( ) and first holiday on my own with the kids imminent. I’m trying to rest as much as I can and we are going to have food from the chip shop tomorrow night.

Suzi
11-10-18, 09:11 AM
We're having chip shop stuff for tea tonight too!
Be kind to you lovely x

Arty
11-10-18, 01:26 PM
Thanks Suzi, I think I have the Luigi. I am fixed on the sofa for the rest of the day. I am re-watching the film ‘Carol’ starring the wonderful Kate Blanchett. x

Suzi
11-10-18, 06:20 PM
The Luigi? Love autocorrect! :) (rofl)(rofl)(rofl)

Arty
11-10-18, 06:32 PM
Hahaha!! X

Suzi
12-10-18, 09:40 AM
How are you today? What plans do you have?

Arty
12-10-18, 11:37 AM
Hi Suzi, I did go to work (I only do 2 hours on a Friday) but I have come back to the sofa to relax for the afternoon. This evening I am booked on a special Christmas class at the pottery studio (nod) which I am really looking forward to. Tomorrow evening I have been invited to a little party (I am going to go with my lovely Mum) Sunday is totally free. I'm definitely not right as my appetite has been affected (this never happens!!) I will check into here over the weekend X

Paula
12-10-18, 11:38 AM
Ooo enjoy the pottery :)

Suzi
12-10-18, 03:11 PM
Enjoy the pottery!

Arty
15-10-18, 02:03 PM
I am so relieved. The hours for the first 2 weeks of my new job have been confirmed. I feel shattered as I have been worried about everything falling into place. I can now look forward to our holiday (nod)

Paula
15-10-18, 02:21 PM
Fab news! Where’s the holiday?

Arty
15-10-18, 02:34 PM
It's The Manor House Hotel, Okehampton. Lots of crafts available, as well as swimming pools and sports for the kids.x

Suzi
15-10-18, 07:14 PM
So brilliant! Hope you have a great time - when are you off?

Arty
16-10-18, 03:40 PM
Hello, me again. After telling people about this job I really don’t know whether I am going to be able to cope with it. I have just helped a friend out for 2 hours and it has completely wiped me out! I have been feeling off my food for a while and I don’t think I had enough lunch (which didn’t help) x

Suzi
16-10-18, 05:21 PM
Maybe the job will be more of a routine? At least you can prepare for it?

Arty
17-10-18, 08:35 AM
Morning, i’ve made breakfast, showered and been for a short walk. I’m going to see the GP this morning at 11:30 as I was awful last night. Thankfully I did sleep though x

Suzi
17-10-18, 09:09 AM
Wow that's loads already! I'm glad you're going to talk things over with your Dr lovely.

Paula
17-10-18, 09:57 AM
Let us know how it goes with the dr?

Arty
17-10-18, 02:30 PM
I have been to see him. No meds changes. He has signed me off for the rest of the week.
I think I could be addicted to Zopiclone (I told him I was taking it every night) x

Suzi
17-10-18, 03:47 PM
How long have you been taking it every night?

Arty
17-10-18, 04:17 PM
I’m just off to my Mum’s. I’ll chat more tomorrow. Just need some tlc x

Suzi
17-10-18, 09:17 PM
(panda) Hope you are having some Mummy tlc!

Arty
19-10-18, 06:20 AM
So...an update. The dr/nurse have taken me off Zopiclone and put me on to amitriptyline (10mg) Last night I only had a couple of hours sleep unfortunately (snooze) I know it will get better EVENTUALLY but I am really struggling right now. The nurse did say to go back again today if I needed to, which I am going to do. x

Paula
19-10-18, 08:03 AM
(panda). How long were you on the zopiclone? I only ask because insomnia can temporarily return when coming off it and it may be you need to do it gradually rather than suddenly stopping. Amtryptaline is good for helping with sleep, for many people (me included)

Suzi
19-10-18, 11:53 AM
I love amitriptyline. It changed my life for years! Def go back and speak to them, but suddenly stopping the zopi is going to have a detrimental effect as your body becomes reliant on it really quickly...

Pen
19-10-18, 03:10 PM
I took Arty to the doctors this morning. He has doubled the amitriptyline and put her back on the Zopiclone. I spent the night with her last night and will be with her again for the next few nights. Tomorrow she is having the girls back but her mum and I have a plan, and we will help out.

Paula
19-10-18, 04:28 PM
Thanks for letting us know, Pen. Much love to you both for the next few nights (panda)

OldMike
19-10-18, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the update Pen, hope Arty soon feels more settled (bear)

Suzi
19-10-18, 10:29 PM
She's lucky to have you Pen. Thank you for letting us know how she is. Send her our love?

Paula
21-10-18, 03:49 PM
Just leaving this here, lovely (panda)

OldMike
21-10-18, 05:30 PM
Pen I'm glad you're looking out for Arty (bear)

Suzi
22-10-18, 11:25 AM
Hey lovely how are you?

Arty
23-10-18, 07:41 AM
Hi all,
I'm still really struggling atm. However, I have managed to get an appt with my psychiatrist tomorrow at 3pm. Pen is coming with me. I know that I am in good hands with him, he has many years of experience.
I cancelled my holiday and am not going to start my new job. I realise I need to look after myself and rest.
x

Paula
23-10-18, 07:48 AM
(panda) well done for getting the appointment. Thinking of you, lovely xx

Suzi
23-10-18, 11:54 AM
Huge hugs lovely (panda) I'm sorry about the holiday, but you are right. You need to look after you x

OldMike
23-10-18, 03:24 PM
(bear) (panda)

Arty
26-11-18, 03:20 PM
Hello dear friends,
How are you all? Sorry it has taken me a while to write anything. I have been very poorly. This episode has really frightened me ;( I'm now under the primary care liason team and I am finding them helpful. I'm trying to keep busy but not over do things. Friends have been incredibly supportive, as has my Mum. It feels good to be back!

Paula
26-11-18, 04:17 PM
Welcome back, sweetie. I’m sorry you’ve been so poorly but relieved you’ve got support (panda)

OldMike
26-11-18, 05:24 PM
Welcome back Arty it is good you have support in place. (panda)

Suzi
26-11-18, 09:07 PM
We've missed you! But we also knew that you had some amazing friendship and help with Pen.... It's truly lovely to see you x

Suzi
27-11-18, 09:00 PM
Arty has asked me to post a picture of one of her sculptures here. I think it's really brilliant!

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/46095550_10157983457259447_2370124668041428992_n.j pg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_eui2=AeHbAS8Lp7xRfsm1V1qYrPXPttMjxaucHRaA2efze u7dto7DawI62Gaay9cd0EHU84ibbuo648dsBVsWmFIvghz-yGGuqBG6D5SpZrz5oQTcbg&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=9bf79b6afab621fb6ab2369dd06ff611&oe=5C6B00AB