PDA

View Full Version : A new thread for the new year

Pages : 1 [2]

Arty
27-11-18, 09:28 PM
Thanks Suzi for posting this (inlove) The head is a representation of my mental health. Around the back it says ‘anxiety’, ‘worry’, ‘thoughts’ and then ‘heart’ on the front, as you can see. I was going downhill when I made this and I felt strongly that the face needed a partial mask. I have now completed another sculpted head with more positive words. Once it is fired I will let you guys have a look (nod)

Paula
27-11-18, 09:59 PM
Arty, that’s beautiful!

Suzi
28-11-18, 07:59 AM
It is fantastic

Arty
09-12-18, 11:13 AM
Hello friends,
It is that busy time of the year again! I’ve now completed my self esteem course! I was very impressed with it. I am having a recharge day today. My shoulder/upper back has been aching (I am sure it is tension) so I have booked myself a treat - a back massage - for later on this week. Just bought a length of pipe lagging to make another Christmas themed crochet wreath. I’m watching Strictly from last night - (inlove) Joe is so adorable! X

Paula
09-12-18, 12:05 PM
Well done for completing the course - you’re amazing :)

Suzi
09-12-18, 01:20 PM
Did you find the course helpful?
Well done lovely!

Arty
09-12-18, 09:10 PM
Yes, it has been helpful. I have done some CBT before but it has been good to focus on valuing myself more. There are other courses offered too - stress management etc. I am keen to accept all help offered! It is an emotional time - the end of the year & Christmas approaching. Must pace, must pace(nod)xx

Suzi
09-12-18, 09:38 PM
I'm so proud of you!

Definitely pace all the way love. One step forward, rest, next step forward, rest.....

Arty
11-12-18, 09:02 AM
Morning,
So, today’s plan is..
Meet a friend for coffee at 10am & then have a brief trip into town with my Mum. She has just got a disabled badge (she is having problems walking/with her ankles)
I’ve started a new crochet wreath (nod) It is lovely to pick up my hook again x

Paula
11-12-18, 11:12 AM
Sounds like at great plan. You’re doing brilliantly!

Arty
11-12-18, 04:43 PM
Well, it was a successful shopping trip. I bought myself 2 jumpers and a top (inlove) In other news, I have made an appointment to have my house valued. I won’t put it on the market until the new year but it will be good to know what it is worth. I am also making enquiries into becoming a volunteer at the local museum. It will be a way of meeting people without the pressure of a proper job.x

Jaquaia
11-12-18, 04:51 PM
That sounds so positive! Well done!!!

Paula
11-12-18, 05:43 PM
That’s awesome!

Suzi
11-12-18, 06:22 PM
You are amazing!

Arty
11-12-18, 06:48 PM
Thank-you ladies. It is such a comfort having you guys supporting me all the way x

Suzi
11-12-18, 09:28 PM
You're doing all the work! You are amazing!

Paula
14-12-18, 07:55 PM
Hi, lovely, just leaving these (bear)(panda)(bear)

Suzi
15-12-18, 11:08 AM
How are you doing lovely?

Arty
15-12-18, 11:55 AM
Hello ladies,
I had a bad couple of days again this week - I was very teary, with everything in my head overwhelming me. I am feeling much better now. The estate agent appointment went well, it has given me something positive to aim for. This morning I took a huge bag of old clothes to the Mind shop - including my wedding dress ! Onwards and upwards!x

Suzi
15-12-18, 12:08 PM
Oh sweetheart (panda)(panda) Have you ever thought of writing out what it is that's in your head and let us help you with it? I know it's helped me masses before. It doesn't have to be in sentences or make any sense, but actually what the members here are brilliant at is working through everything without any judgement. It does help love.

Arty
15-12-18, 12:38 PM
Thank-you Suzi. I know I need to make more use of DWD. I think that at this time of year it doesn’t take a lot to push me (or anyone else) into overwhelmed territory. I do wonder whether I should get my hormone levels checked again after Christmas as there are times in the month when I am a complete mess/ everything feels completely hopeless. I write in my journal every day and colour in a mood tracker but perhaps a menstruation app could help me. Of course, that is only part of the picture. I am really trying to not beat myself up about the fact that this year I have had another breakdown, and was of course unable to start the new job I had lined up. Money wise I am ok for now. The priority next year will be selling the property and downsizing, thus resulting in less work running the home (and a very good declutter in the process) The memories of this house will be put behind me too (very important when my ex will of course be getting remarried in March) I am now looking forward to Christmas (which I wasn’t in October/November) Also, I am giving myself treats whenever I can (nod) x

Suzi
15-12-18, 01:59 PM
Sweetheart you can spend time beating yourself up for being poorly, but that's not going to achieve anything but making you feel worse.... Selling your house etc is going to be emotional and hard and so you have to try to be as kind to you as you can...

Paula
15-12-18, 02:27 PM
I get it, it’s so hard not to feel you’ve failed at keeping well ..... but please believe me when I say it’s not your fault, just like it wouldn’t be your fault if you’d had a relapse in a physical illness (panda)

Arty
16-12-18, 08:26 AM
Thank-you ladies (inlove) Yes, the house move will be a big thing. I have lived here since 2001.
I had a busy day yesterday so myself and the girls are going to have a chill out day today. We’ll be doing some present wrapping and watching the Strictly final on catch up (nod) x

OldMike
16-12-18, 09:54 AM
I agree totally with Paula's post, hope you have a chilled out day with your girls. Only ever moved house once in my life and that was 1960 when I was 13, left the old house to go to school and when I left school returned to my new house.

Paula
16-12-18, 03:50 PM
Hope your chill day is going well. How are you today?

Arty
16-12-18, 05:17 PM
I’m good thanks Paula. I’ve being crocheting this afternoon :) pleased with how calm I feel atm. We are popping to a friend’s early evening for a cuppa and a local drive around to see the lights on the houses.
This week is quite quiet (lovely) Next Sunday we have been invited to a very good friend’s party so looking forward to that.
I have an online supermarket slot booked for next Saturday (a very sensible idea methinks!)
I just need to wraps the girls’ presents. x

Paula
16-12-18, 06:15 PM
That’s so good to hear :).

Suzi
17-12-18, 09:47 AM
Sounds like a good day... How are you this morning?

Arty
18-12-18, 10:18 AM
I’ve just been for a swim. Negative thoughts very loud - mainly focussed on me failing to start the job in October/panicking about which job I will cope with in the future/my earning potential. My rational brain knows that the plan I have agreed with my Mum and my friend is to sell the house first and then look for work. I know that the negative thoughts are usually louder when the girls are with their Dad, and of course the stress of Christmas etc increases panic. I am taking my Dad out now and then I have a quiet afternoon/evening planned (the girls are back later on) x

Suzi
18-12-18, 11:41 AM
Can you distract from the negative thoughts. Stop yourself - even talking outloud "Stop. I know this is not true. I know that I can beat this" sometimes really helps.
Hunni, you are poorly. You are too poorly to work right now. Stop. Stop putting pressure on you which you don't need right now...

Paula
18-12-18, 12:11 PM
^^^wss. I know how horrible it is to know that your health is stopping you working but I also know that your health is far, far more important than any job. Sweetie, you need to focus on getting better first.

Arty
18-12-18, 02:44 PM
Thank-you ladies (bear)xx

Suzi
18-12-18, 04:28 PM
Hope today is brighter for you...

Arty
18-12-18, 06:14 PM
I do feel a bit calmer this evening. I am crocheting and watching Kirstie’s handmade Christmas. I treated myself to some beautiful flowers today :) They are carnations so will last all through Christmas. I have made an appointment for another estate agent to visit on Thursday x

Suzi
18-12-18, 07:34 PM
Well done hunni x

Arty
19-12-18, 07:00 PM
Hi, today has been a good day (nod) Pampering this morning & then a few jobs and some crochet. Just popped to Lidl for a few bits. Now to recharge and catch up with a little TV. Hope you are all ok xx

Suzi
19-12-18, 08:17 PM
Glad you are taking things gently..

Paula
19-12-18, 11:22 PM
Sounds like a great day :)

Suzi
20-12-18, 10:07 AM
Morning hunni, how are you?

Arty
20-12-18, 06:48 PM
I’m good thank-you. I did briefly consider a part time job this morning but I rang my Mum and she told me in no uncertain terms ‘NO!’ Lol, house first and then everything else will follow. I know... I need to put the job thing out of my mind!. I am doing a lovely crochet project - I will tell you about it when it is complete (nod) The girls are with their Dad Friday - Sunday lunchtime & then our lovely celebrations will begin. Also, I had another estate agent round this afternoon - exciting times! X

Suzi
20-12-18, 08:11 PM
Your Mum is right! NO to even thinking about jobs!

Paula
20-12-18, 09:51 PM
I agree, one step at a time - and moving house is an important step that will need your full attention. Exciting times indeed ;)

Arty
21-12-18, 11:59 AM
Morning,
I took the girls out for tea last night :) i’ve been for a swim this morning & will be helping with a pottery group this afternoon. More crochet in between lol. Nice to see a bit of sunshine this morning x

OldMike
21-12-18, 02:06 PM
Sounds like a good day Arty, no sun here I'm afraid just grey skies and drizzle.

Suzi
21-12-18, 04:15 PM
No sunshine here either! Sounds like a crafty day!

Arty
22-12-18, 08:49 AM
Morning all,
So, today’s plan is..a walk this morning & then a few jobs. This afternoon I am going to my pottery group and then spending a few hours with a friend. I saw my lovely Mum last night and she said ‘if you feel depressed, just ring me’, how wonderful to be loved and cared about? (inlove) We are both really looking forward to our ‘at home’ Christmas. My girls love pigs in blankets so I have bought 60 of them! LOL! I can’t wait to show you my finished crochet project, more work to do yet though x

Paula
22-12-18, 09:26 AM
Lol according to my family, you can now get a 6 foot long pig in blankets :o(shake)

Jaquaia
22-12-18, 09:37 AM
(rofl) I know Aldi are doing foot-long pigs in blankets (giggle)

Suzi
22-12-18, 10:22 AM
My boys love pigs in blankets and we make vegan ones for us too!

Hope you have a lovely day hunni x

Arty
24-12-18, 06:02 PM
Hi all,
I’m struggling to be kind to myself at the moment. I think Christmas is a tough time of year, reflecting over the past and looking ahead to the future. I know I need to be strong but I feel inadequate in so many ways
X

Paula
24-12-18, 06:19 PM
You really are not inadequate, hunni. But it can be a tough time. Do you have your distractions and coping mechanisms in place?

Arty
24-12-18, 07:54 PM
I’m crocheting and have had some supper. I am probably tired tbh as we went to friends this afternoon & were at a party yesterday evening. I’ve had a little cry and admitted to my youngest that I felt sad etc. A nice early night tonight will help I think.x

Suzi
24-12-18, 08:31 PM
You've been super social and that's always exhausting. Be kind to yourself.... Oh and you are far from inadequate!

Arty
25-12-18, 04:03 PM
Hi everyone,
Happy Christmas! How are you all doing?
I’m feeling more calm this afternoon, thankfully. My Mum and step dad have been here & we had a good lunch followed by a homemade Christmas pudding! Now for some crochet.
X

Suzi
25-12-18, 07:57 PM
So glad you're feeling a bit brighter lovely x

Paula
25-12-18, 09:44 PM
Really good to hear :)

Arty
27-12-18, 07:17 PM
Hello,
I’ve had a good day. I did one of my little jobs this morning (I do a couple of hours cleaning etc for an elderly gentleman, once a fortnight) I find it really rewarding (nod) Afterwards I came home and did a few jobs at home. I am pleased that the upstairs of my house is almost ready for the estate agent to take photos. I am planning on signing up with one next week. I have been catching up on some TV and making a second crochet elf ��x

Suzi
27-12-18, 07:57 PM
How's your mood doing?

Arty
27-12-18, 08:36 PM
I was very teary when the girls went ( hormonal too) When I start thinking about the future, I keep telling myself house then job (& repeat) I do get lonely at times when I am here on my own (obviously) but as long as I have some interaction i’m generally ok. One step at a time.....

Paula
27-12-18, 09:42 PM
You’re doing great, hunni

magie06
28-12-18, 10:58 AM
I think you are really doing a great job. Christmas is a very difficult time of the year for so many people and you have really coped very very well.

Suzi
28-12-18, 12:45 PM
Each step is a step onwards. You're doing brilliantly.

Arty
28-12-18, 03:42 PM
Thank-you ladies x

Paula
29-12-18, 09:15 AM
How are you doing?

Arty
29-12-18, 10:39 AM
Thanks for asking Paula. I went out for a nice meal with a friend last night. The girls are back this morning and we are going to the Circus today with my Mum. I’ve just taken some bits to the charity shop. I’m ok, I don’t have too much on over the next few days so I will be able to pace myself x

Suzi
29-12-18, 06:35 PM
Hope you are pacing lovely. Remember, there's only a certain amount of things that you actually have to do - anything else can wait....

Arty
29-12-18, 09:19 PM
I definitely feel a lot calmer now that the stress of Christmas has passed! I intend to enjoy having my girlies home from school (nod) They are with their Dad for NYE but the remainder of the week they are with me. We’re having a get together on New Year’s Day. It will be a buffet, which to be honest is my favourite kind of meal. I really appreciate you all checking in with me, it means a lot (bear) x

Paula
30-12-18, 09:18 AM
You sound so upbeat, it’s really lovely to hear :)

Suzi
30-12-18, 10:08 AM
Buffets are awesome.
I'm so glad things are at least a little easier lovley.

Arty
30-12-18, 06:44 PM
Hello friends,
Today has been a good day. A swim first thing & then took my Dad for a coffee. A quiet afternoon & yummy tea. Feeling chilled. Been looking at potential houses on Rightmove.....squeeee! (party) x

Suzi
30-12-18, 07:34 PM
Sounds like a lovely day! :)