PDA

View Full Version : I am Groot

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Paula
01-01-18, 04:04 PM
New year, new thread :) and, if you’re wondering what the titles about, I’m currently watching Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 for about the umpteenth time and there’s a tree creature called Groot that only says ‘I am Groot’ yet his friends always know exactly what he’s saying. It reminds me of talking to you lot, it doesn’t matter whether I’m actually making sense, you know me well enough to know what I’m really saying!

Right, I’m off to take down the Christmas decorations

OldMike
01-01-18, 04:44 PM
"I am Groot" well that caught my attention, I thought you'd been struck down with the dreaded lurgy or something (giggle) I'm relieved to hear you haven't (bear)

So Princess Sparkles has been granted a new year's honour and should now be addressed as Dame Groot (Order of the Sparkles) *curtsies and leaves the room backwards* ;) (giggle)

Suzi
01-01-18, 08:03 PM
I love Groot! I love you too!

Paula
01-01-18, 08:48 PM
Im a wee bit miffed - our next door neighbours, who know we have 2 old dogs and know Luna is terrified of fireworks, had a 30 minute display in their back garden this evening (not last night!) and didn’t even bother to warn us :@

Suzi
01-01-18, 10:20 PM
They've been going off since about 430 last night here, stopped at about 2am, started again at lunch time here so I completely understand. Casey is terrified as is Marc's Mums dog Sophie....

Jaquaia
01-01-18, 11:02 PM
Paula, I have a confession to make...

I have never seen Guardians of the Galaxy...

Paula
02-01-18, 08:56 AM
What???? You must, it’s awesome!

Today, I’m having a blood test and BP check. Fun. Especially as my BP is still high as the doctor had to halve my dose (my ankles were swollen). I’m having a manicure this evening, though, so it’s swings and roundabouts today. I’m hoping Si can get in touch with my Pain Consultant too ....

Paula
02-01-18, 10:50 AM
So nurse appt has been cancelled again ..... I’ve got an appt with my Pain Consultant Thursday evening but I’ve had to bite the bullet and pay for a private appt as an nhs one is 3 months wait, and I can’t wait that long with this

Suzi
02-01-18, 11:44 AM
Why has the nurse cancelled? I think paying right now is the best thing you can do...

Paula
02-01-18, 11:48 AM
She’s sick, my appt with her last week was cancelled to due to sickness. If they try to cancel Thursday I shall complain, especially as my BP is still high and I need to talk to them about meds. I just feel I’m fire fighting with my health at the moment

Suzi
02-01-18, 11:49 AM
It does seem if you're being hit from all angles right now. I wish I could help.

Paula
02-01-18, 11:53 AM
You are, it helps so much knowing that, if I’m worried about something that I don’t need to be, you’ll tell me. It also helps knowing that, if it’s something I do need to worry about, you’ll always tell me to do something about it. When there’s so many Dx to deal with, I need someone to show me the bigger picture :)

OldMike
02-01-18, 12:00 PM
Paula, I have a confession to make...

I have never seen Guardians of the Galaxy...

Me neither *shock horror* ;)

Paula it sucks that you've got to pay for a consultant as there is a 3 months wait on the NHS (bear)

Hope the manicure brings back some sparkles in to your life this evening, I suggest a glittery pink pearl nail varnish or maybe a hot pink with an iridescent glow ;)

Old Mike (nail consultant to the stars) sends you his love (panda)

Paula
02-01-18, 01:33 PM
Mike, you may have made my mind up on the colour! :) I’ll report back later

Jaquaia
02-01-18, 02:19 PM
Is anyone else wondering how Mike knows quite so much about shades of pink nail varnish and finishes? (wasntme)

Paula
02-01-18, 02:43 PM
(rofl)

Suzi
02-01-18, 05:32 PM
Mike, your knowledge is amazing - is that through personal experience?

Flo
02-01-18, 07:58 PM
Is anyone else wondering how Mike knows quite so much about shades of pink nail varnish and finishes? (wasntme)

Ooerr!.....surely Hot Pink won't stay on when he's using the rotovator!! Ian has terrible trouble with his!!

Suzi
02-01-18, 08:49 PM
(rofl)(rofl)(rofl)

Paula
02-01-18, 09:04 PM
As promised, Mike, I went for a glittery, pearly pinky brown - you really did inspire me ;)

While I was in my appt, the doctors tried to ring .....

Suzi
02-01-18, 09:05 PM
Have you spoken to them? Called them back?

Paula
02-01-18, 09:12 PM
I tried but they’d closed so I’ll ring first thing.

Flo
03-01-18, 12:26 PM
Morning Paula.....how's things today?

Paula
03-01-18, 01:52 PM
Not good. Doctors surgery rang to change my nurse appt for the third time. My bp is not good at the mo so I made a fuss and have got a new appt on Friday.

I’m just so overwhelmed with everything right now - my BP is an issue, the IIH is scary and I’m terrified at having to live without opioids ....

Arty
03-01-18, 02:07 PM
How are you doing today Paula?

OldMike
03-01-18, 03:43 PM
(bear) (panda)

Suzi
03-01-18, 10:10 PM
Any news from your pain clinic lovely?

purplefan
03-01-18, 10:57 PM
Sorry about the nurse appointment being cancelled. How are the dogs after the fireworks?

Paula
03-01-18, 11:18 PM
Any news from your pain clinic lovely?

I’m going tomorrow evening

Suzi
04-01-18, 09:40 AM
Good luck for pain clinic tonight lovely. Make sure you rest before you go. You've a lot on your plate atm and so rest as much as possible..

OldMike
04-01-18, 11:47 AM
Hope all goes well at the pain clinic tonight Paula (bear)

I love the title of this thread it always makes me smile :) wish I'd come up with such a quirky and innovative thread title ;)

Suzi
04-01-18, 05:11 PM
Hope it goes well tomorrow x

Paula
04-01-18, 09:12 PM
Pain consultant thinks that the evidence of contra indication of opiates with IIH is not strong enough at the moment to take me off Tapentadol and risk the strain it puts on my mental health and pain.

He told us that our local hospital is in a mess and it may be months before I see neurology so he’s recommending we go privately. He’s also seeing a neurosurgeon on Saturday so will run it past him and call me

Suzi
04-01-18, 09:51 PM
It's not a good state of affairs when you are being told that you should pay for private treatment - but if you can then maybe it's worth it.

I'm so glad that they've said to stay on it. How do you feel about it?

Angie
04-01-18, 10:27 PM
I'm glad that you have spoken about your meds hunni x

Paula
05-01-18, 12:24 AM
How do I feel? I could have kissed my consultant, I was so relieved. As I said to him, tapentadol is the difference between me functioning or not functioning. I know I’m not out of the woods yet but it is a reprieve. We can’t really afford to pay privately so we’re hoping I’m covered on Si’s medical insurance (but it’s fuzzy whether my diagnosis was before the insurance started)

He was telling us that the view of a lot of doctors is that the nhs will become solely for emergency medicine or cancer treatment because the funding is not there, there’s not enough doctors or nurses. Scary

Suzi
05-01-18, 11:57 AM
It's terrifying.

So relieved for you love.

OldMike
05-01-18, 04:51 PM
It sad that the NHS is having to put back operations and is just so short of funds these days :(

I'm glad the outlook is looking better for you regarding tapentadol in that you can still take something with pain relief and mental heath benefits (bear) (panda)

Paula
05-01-18, 05:24 PM
Been for a check up and blood test with the nurse. My BP, even on medication, is 164/108 so the doctors going to call me. I feel like my body’s giving up ....

I know this sounds stupid but, for the first time ever, I’m not excited about my birthday tomorrow - it’s just another day of being ill

Suzi
05-01-18, 06:55 PM
Oh sweetheart (hugs)

Angie
05-01-18, 08:17 PM
(bear)

Paula
06-01-18, 12:43 PM
My consultant has spoken to the neurosurgeon and they both agree that it’s much better in my case for me to stay on tapentadol (whew). My GP didn’t call back re BP so I’ve decided to up my dose back to where it was before Christmas until i do speak to GP. If my ankles swell, so be it

Suzi
06-01-18, 12:59 PM
That's got to be a huge relief and a brilliant birthday present?

Paula
06-01-18, 02:30 PM
If he’d been in Front of me I may have kissed him ;). Mind you, when we got off the call, Si told Katie ‘she’s got a crush on that doctor, and now she’s got his mobile number’ (rofl)

Arty
06-01-18, 05:43 PM
Happy Birthday Paula :)

Paula
07-01-18, 11:59 AM
I slept til 9.30 this morning. What a relief :)

Angie
07-01-18, 12:56 PM
Glad that you managed some sleep hunni x

Suzi
07-01-18, 01:06 PM
Hoorah for sleep love!

OldMike
07-01-18, 01:15 PM
Glad you managed to get some sleep (snooze) hopefully today you're bright eyed and bushy tailed (I appear to be speaking in cliches today).

My internet went off for 5 minutes yesterday I thought the world had come to an end (giggle)

One thing about the internet is I've come know the lovely people on DWD (bear) (panda)

Paula
08-01-18, 11:08 AM
Morning! I’m currently feeling very poor having just paid my Pain Consultant’s bill ...... but it was totally worth it. My Cleaner is back from her Christmas break so I can breathe again - no matter how hard I try, my family are slobs ;) I was hoping to have my first day in weeks without anyone else in the house but Katie’s off sick and Si is working from home to avoid the train cancellations :/

purplefan
08-01-18, 01:16 PM
Looks like things are getting back to normal. Hope you enjoy your time alone.
I can't remember Paula but do you meditate? I find it very helpful.
Hope the pain is bareable.

Suzi
08-01-18, 03:26 PM
What's up with Katie? Nothing serious I hope? How's Jess doing?
Are you managing to rest at all?

Paula
08-01-18, 04:57 PM
Katie’s got a cold, she’ll live ;). Jess had her first day back at college today, she’s fine but exhausted by the looks of it. Me, trying to rest but mainly stressing that I still haven’t had a call from my GP :@

Ooo forgot to say - yet again I was criticised for my cooking yesterday so I’ve told them I’m not cooking anymore if that’s the thanks I get!

OldMike
08-01-18, 06:57 PM
Katie’s got a cold, she’ll live ;). Jess had her first day back at college today, she’s fine but exhausted by the looks of it. Me, trying to rest but mainly stressing that I still haven’t had a call from my GP :@

Ooo forgot to say - yet again I was criticised for my cooking yesterday so I’ve told them I’m not cooking anymore if that’s the thanks I get!

What did they say was wrong with your cooking Paula? It's not just a case of picky kids is it?

So are Jess and Katie cooking the meals from now on *spots a pig flying past the window* ;) (giggle)

Suzi
08-01-18, 07:55 PM
What were you cooking? Lol..
Glad that the girls are doing OK...

Paula
08-01-18, 08:10 PM
It was about the veg of all things. I don’t cook well but I get so fed up of doing something I hate then getting criticisms. No, Mike, mine aren’t picky eaters, Jess just has problems filtering what she says ....

I am so cross. I still haven’t had a call from the GP that I was supposed to get on Friday .....

Suzi
08-01-18, 08:15 PM
Call them tomorrow love..

Paula
08-01-18, 08:19 PM
I called this morning and got ‘they’re very busy’. So tomorrow I might need to be a bit forceful

Suzi
08-01-18, 08:25 PM
Make sure you are lovely.

OldMike
09-01-18, 11:11 AM
Hope you have more luck at contacting the doc today, take care lovely (bear)

Paula
09-01-18, 01:12 PM
Just spoken to my GP. Because of lithium, they can’t increase my current BP meds anymore so are going to add another one in the mix (I didn’t catch the name) - the next few weeks are going to be fine tuning both the BP meds to make sure my BP is controlled and I don’t have swollen ankles.

I spoke to him about my tapentadol and he’s re prescribing them, thank God!

S deleted
09-01-18, 02:48 PM
I’m on Ramipril for my BP.

OldMike
09-01-18, 04:00 PM
I'm on Lercanidipine & Candesartan for my high blood pressure.

Paula
09-01-18, 04:13 PM
I’m crossing everything that this works - gp tells me there’s no other meds I can take for bp that doesn’t contraindicate with lithium

Suzi
09-01-18, 05:17 PM
There's always something love...

Paula
09-01-18, 07:17 PM
There's always something love...

True, it was a gp who told me I had to come off tapentadol

Well, tomorrow is my first board meeting as a trustee! I’ve timed it perfectly (not) as it’s followed by the annual strategy meeting so I’m going to be there from 9.30 - 4.00 ! Im looking forward to it but well aware I’m going to be exhausted.

In other news, Jess has got her first ever job at the local bowling alley :)

S deleted
09-01-18, 07:47 PM
Congrats Jess.

Angie
09-01-18, 08:58 PM
Congrats to Jess, please try and rest tonight and again tomorow night hunni

Suzi
09-01-18, 09:27 PM
Well done Jess! That's awesome!

Make sure you rest as much as possible lovely x

Paula
11-01-18, 12:07 PM
Wow! Yesterday was a long day but i really enjoyed it. The charity really needs a shake up so it’s going to be interesting involved in all of that. I’m very tired and ache everywhere so today will be a quiet one

OldMike
11-01-18, 01:22 PM
True, it was a gp who told me I had to come off tapentadol

Well, tomorrow is my first board meeting as a trustee! I’ve timed it perfectly (not) as it’s followed by the annual strategy meeting so I’m going to be there from 9.30 - 4.00 ! Im looking forward to it but well aware I’m going to be exhausted.

In other news, Jess has got her first ever job at the local bowling alley :)

I bet Jess was bowled over (pun intended thank me later ;) )

Wow! Yesterday was a long day but i really enjoyed it. The charity really needs a shake up so it’s going to be interesting involved in all of that. I’m very tired and ache everywhere so today will be a quiet one

Well done, I'm glad all went well at the trustees meeting Paula, they're very luck to have you on board :)

Suzi
11-01-18, 04:15 PM
Hope the "quiet one" involves rest and pacing?!

Paula
11-01-18, 08:45 PM
I slept for 3 hours today, Jess woke me up when she got home from college. Obviously needed it lol. I’m seeing my best friend tomorrow, haven’t been able to see her for a few weeks so I’m looking forward to it :).

Suzi
11-01-18, 11:42 PM
Good! Don't overdo it though please.

Paula
11-01-18, 11:47 PM
No I won’t. Of course, I’m also on new meds (Doxazosin) which cause drowsiness and ‘lack of strength’ so I suspect it’s going to be a few days before I adjust. It has, though, already brought down my BP so it’s totally worth it

Suzi
12-01-18, 08:38 AM
Hooray! So glad that it's bought the pressure down!
Have fun today lovely

OldMike
12-01-18, 12:16 PM
No I won’t. Of course, I’m also on new meds (Doxazosin) which cause drowsiness and ‘lack of strength’ so I suspect it’s going to be a few days before I adjust. It has, though, already brought down my BP so it’s totally worth it

Wow that's good, it took many, many months to get my BP meds right.

Paula
12-01-18, 12:44 PM
It is for me too, I was diagnosed in October. This is a second drug they’re adding to amlopidine in the hopes it’ll be the bit extra needed itms

Suzi
12-01-18, 03:27 PM
How you doing?

Paula
12-01-18, 05:01 PM
I’m ok. My best friend has been over today so that always cheers me up (especially as she came bearing gifts ;))

OldMike
12-01-18, 06:03 PM
Friends that bear gifts now that is extra special ;)

Suzi
12-01-18, 09:22 PM
OO What gifts?

Paula
12-01-18, 09:37 PM
These were delayed birthday gifts - candles, a handbag and these that she made :

https://thumb.ibb.co/dhEB6m/6_EF2574_A_63_E3_4382_802_E_80_BAB0299_C4_E.jpg (https://ibb.co/dhEB6m)

Suzi
12-01-18, 09:52 PM
She's really talented! They are amazing!

Paula
12-01-18, 09:54 PM
She really is, and not just beading - she’s makes beautiful cards, does cross stitch etc etc. Most of all, though, she’s a wonderful friend :)

Suzi
12-01-18, 09:59 PM
So important!

Jaquaia
13-01-18, 11:51 AM
They are stunning!

OldMike
13-01-18, 11:59 AM
Beautiful gifts from a great friend.

Suzi
13-01-18, 01:55 PM
Are you resting today?

Paula
13-01-18, 01:56 PM
Sort of, im doing Trustee stuff today

Suzi
13-01-18, 03:03 PM
Build in rest breaks please?

Paula
13-01-18, 11:01 PM
I got my neurology appt through - 14 February, and I also had my copy of the letter my Pain Consultant sent to my GP, telling my GP in no uncertain terms that my mental and physical health is on a tightrope and taking me off tapentadol would be far too dangerous. I love that man ;)

S deleted
13-01-18, 11:43 PM
Valentine’s Day? Si definitely needs to take care of you that night after the appointment.

Suzi
14-01-18, 10:24 AM
I have an eye screening appointment for then too! At least it's come through fairly soon?

Paula
14-01-18, 09:42 PM
My throat is sore and swollen so I’ve been curled up on the sofa all day, snoozing. Which means Si’s been in charge of the remote so we’ve been watching WW2 documentaries all afternoon ......

Suzi
14-01-18, 10:47 PM
Did you not sleep through them? Some of them are soooooo dull! How they can make such interesting times so dull is beyond me!
Hope your throat is better in the morning..

Paula
15-01-18, 11:50 AM
Lol I know - I dozed mostly (they were better than zopiclone ;)). I’m not feeling 100% but, other than my nail technician coming to my house this evening to do my nails, I’ve not got much on.

Suzi
15-01-18, 12:49 PM
Pacing.....

OldMike
15-01-18, 12:56 PM
I'm an expert at dozing in front of the TV mind you on dull grey wet days like today a good snooze is probably the best thing ;)

A nail technician wow that sounds mighty technical, what's the difference between a manicurist and a nail technician or do they mean the same thing?

Ah gotta love Google, Paula you'll know this already but this is for us OAP's of the pre nail technician era ;)

What is the difference between a manicurist and a nail technician? Many people are asking this question because both professions sound great, but they don’t know if they are the same thing or not.

The Key Differences Between a Manicurist and a Nail Technician
To better understand what is required of a manicurist as opposed to a nail technician (and vice versa) it’s important that we analyze the role of each:

Nail Technician Duties
A nail technician trims, cleans, and polishes toenails and fingernails. They also can put on fake fingernails and toenails with professionalism. Consider your own fingernails. What do you do with them? Typically you will:

Remove old nail polish
Cut and trim nails
Shape and buff them
Apply a base-coat of nail polish
Apply 2-3 coats of color
Apply a top coat of nail polish

Manicurist Duties
A manicurist will do the same duties as a nail technician. A manicurist also does waxes, including bikini wax and Brazilian wax, along with removing hair from any area of the body properly and safely. They can also shape eyebrows.

Note to me, best get a nail technician as I don't fancy my bits being waxed, ouchies ;) (giggle)

Hope all goes well for you today Paula (bear) (panda)

Paula
15-01-18, 04:57 PM
Haha lol Mike, my girl doesn’t waxing, massage and all sorts. She’s officially a beauty therapist

Suzi
15-01-18, 05:42 PM
ooo waxing....... OUCH!

Paula
15-01-18, 09:41 PM
*does do* lol

My nails are a very pretty pastel lilac sort of colour :)

I’m suffering a lot of self doubt today. I’ve set up a meeting to discuss volunteer engagement (management) for the charity on Wednesday as I’ve been tasked with that job. But I’m worried I can’t do this, that I’ve bitten off more than I can chew.

magie06
15-01-18, 09:47 PM
You will be fine. You will be well able to do it. If you need help ask for it. There are others there that must have helped on this task before. Therefore there will be someone who can help. (Not that you will need it).

S deleted
15-01-18, 09:58 PM
Paula, I have every faith in you and so do they or they wouldn’t have invited you onboard. So chin up, back straight, shoulders back, chest out......actually skip the last one, they may not appreciate you putting your baps on show :P (rofl) A big smile will be a suitable alternative.

You’ve got this!

Paula
15-01-18, 10:18 PM
(rofl)

Suzi
15-01-18, 10:32 PM
If I didn't think you were up to it then I wouldn't have written you that glowing and honest reference.... I suggest if you are doubting yourself print my reference off and keep looking at it to help remind you how awesome I/we think you are.

Paula
16-01-18, 10:28 AM
Thank you, sweetie

Suzi
16-01-18, 10:40 AM
How you doing lovely?

Paula
16-01-18, 10:47 AM
I’m ok, don’t want to get moving, mind you and a bit flat

OldMike
16-01-18, 11:29 AM
Paula, I have every faith in you and so do they or they wouldn’t have invited you onboard. So chin up, back straight, shoulders back, chest out......actually skip the last one, they may not appreciate you putting your baps on show :P (rofl) A big smile will be a suitable alternative.

You’ve got this!

Baps on show now that conjures up a magical image, ooo er missus *Frankie Howard impression there* (rofl)

Paula you'll do great, you're forward looking and dynamic and you are a worthy asset to the trustee board (bear)

Suzi
16-01-18, 02:29 PM
I’m ok, don’t want to get moving, mind you and a bit flat

Pfft, you can do it. I hope you're feeling brighter now..

Paula
17-01-18, 11:47 PM
Had Housegroup tonight and we were talking about anxiety (in relation to Jesus’s Sermon on the Mount where He teaches us not to worry). Just talking about my anxiety sent me into a spin

Jaquaia
17-01-18, 11:52 PM
(panda)

Suzi
18-01-18, 10:20 AM
Massive hugs lovely. How are you today?

Paula
18-01-18, 11:33 AM
Tired. I was in a lot of pain last night and didn’t sleep well.

Jaquaia
18-01-18, 11:35 AM
What are your plans for today? (panda)

Suzi
18-01-18, 11:57 AM
(bear) Sorry lovely - I hope today you are planning on resting.

Paula
18-01-18, 01:21 PM
I’ve had to do an email for the charity but that’s done now and I’ll be resting/sleeping for the rest of the day. My leg was agony literally from my toe to my hip and I was lying there in tears

Suzi
18-01-18, 02:06 PM
Oh sweetheart (bear) I sympathise, lying awake in pain with nothing to take it away is hideous...

Paula
18-01-18, 02:32 PM
Oh sweetheart (bear) I sympathise, lying awake in pain with nothing to take it away is hideous...

Thing is, all my meds are taken at regular intervals during the day and there’s no room for top up pain meds so there’s nothing I can do. I was so desperate I nearly took Valium, not that it would actually have helped mucha

Suzi
18-01-18, 02:36 PM
Mine are the same - spaced out during the day...

I wish I could take it away from you x

Flo
18-01-18, 02:39 PM
Oh blimey! There is nothing worse than lying in bed and having pain! I really sympathise. Can you get hold of a heat pad? Sometimes they can help with pain.(bear)

OldMike
18-01-18, 06:23 PM
(bear) (panda)

Paula
18-01-18, 06:39 PM
Oh blimey! There is nothing worse than lying in bed and having pain! I really sympathise. Can you get hold of a heat pad? Sometimes they can help with pain.(bear)

One of CRPS symptoms is burning nerve pain so heat (or cold actually) doesn’t help. I actually sleep every night with my leg outside of the duvet

Suzi
18-01-18, 07:53 PM
How are you doing love?

Paula
19-01-18, 09:56 AM
Had a better night but I’m still very tired. My hand flared last night too so it took it out of me itms. Today, I’m seeing a friend whos just had nasty surgery on her foot. I’m also having my hair done later.

I don’t know how to explain it but I just don’t feel myself atm and I dont know why. I know this is nothing compared to what some are dealing with right now so I feel guilty for complaining but I feel like I’m reacting badly to the stupidest things.

Jaquaia
19-01-18, 10:10 AM
Everyones problems are subjective lovely, you know that. Complain all you want but above all, be kind to yourself and REST!!!

Suzi
19-01-18, 02:08 PM
You've just got through the massive emotional "stop your meds" and then the relief of "it's ok, take your meds" and you don't know why you're not feeling right? Sweetheart you need to rest and you need to realise that actually that's all emotional and difficult and exhausting - and that's not including things like having your bathrooms redone, going back to housegroup, Jess's op, Christmas and starting as a trustee............. Give yourself a break. I prescribe, rest, sleep and binge watching tv stuff...

Paula
19-01-18, 03:55 PM
Seriously Suzi, do you have a photographic memory? ;)

OldMike
19-01-18, 05:45 PM
Seriously Suzi, do you have a photographic memory? ;)

Nothing gets past the boss lady she sees all, hears all and knows all so pay attention ;)

You've been through such a lot it isn't surprising you feel out of sorts, it's a case of rest and recuperate (bear) (panda)

Suzi
19-01-18, 06:02 PM
Nope, I just like to remind you of all your awesomeness...

Paula
20-01-18, 02:28 PM
Ok, I’ll admit there was one thing I didn’t tell you yesterday as talking about it was too hard. I didnt even mention it to Si until I went to bed. Yesterday was the 5th anniversary of my fall - 5 years since my life turned upside down.

Jaquaia
20-01-18, 02:31 PM
(panda)

Suzi
20-01-18, 04:57 PM
Sorry lovely.... Not a great thing to have an anniversary of.. (panda)(bear)

OldMike
20-01-18, 05:41 PM
(bear) (panda)

S deleted
20-01-18, 06:09 PM
Life changing moments can be hard to forget so I understand why it’s still difficult for you. I never know you before the accident but it doesn’t matter to me. You’re an amazing woman why I respect and am proud to count you as a friend.
I’m

Paula
20-01-18, 06:12 PM
Thank you, hunni

Paula
21-01-18, 02:14 PM
I feel dizzy and sick. Think I need to talk to the gp again

S deleted
21-01-18, 02:27 PM
Any idea of what might have caused it?

Paula
21-01-18, 02:28 PM
i suspect highBP and fluid on the brain isn’t helping ;)

S deleted
21-01-18, 02:29 PM
Ok that was probably a stupid question. I’ll shut up now lol

Suzi
21-01-18, 02:32 PM
Can you get through today OK with rest?

Paula
21-01-18, 03:22 PM
Ok that was probably a stupid question. I’ll shut up now lol

Lol mind you that’s the sort of question I’d have asked ....

Can you get through today OK with rest?

Trying very hard. We’ve got to pop over my brothers later but dad’s there so I shall be waited on hand and foot.

Mum and dad move in tomorrow, finally :)

OldMike
21-01-18, 04:06 PM
i suspect highBP and fluid on the brain isn’t helping ;)

You know the cure for fluid on the brain? A tap on the head. Sorry couldn't resist a joke, me bad *goes and sits on the naughty step*

It isn't funny is it both high/low BP and fluid on the brain are potentially serious conditions, but they've been diagnosed and you are being monitored and getting treatment.

Paula be very careful if you're feeling dizzy as you can easily have a fall.

Take care Princess (bear) (panda)

Suzi
21-01-18, 06:30 PM
Tap on the head.... (rofl) Mike!

Hope you are listening to your Dad and being waited on.
It's amazing that they are moving in at last! How much closer are they to you?

Paula
21-01-18, 08:26 PM
Thank you Mike ;).

Including the ferry, we reckon the trip to mum and dad’s will be about 1.5 hours - so much better than 8!

Im still very dizzy so will take my BP into the doctor’s tomorrow as I think they’ll want to play with doses again. Jess has been so argumentative this afternoon at my brothers, that’s not helped me feel better :/

Suzi
21-01-18, 08:38 PM
Bugger re Jess - do you know why?

So glad they're going to be so much closer!

Paula
21-01-18, 09:18 PM
Jess was just being Jess. I just wasn’t feeling up to coping with it today.

Suzi
21-01-18, 10:06 PM
(panda)(bear)

Angie
22-01-18, 06:11 PM
(bear)

Suzi
22-01-18, 08:20 PM
How are you lovely?

Paula
22-01-18, 08:38 PM
Very, very, very sore but I’ll live

Jaquaia
22-01-18, 08:39 PM
(panda)

Suzi
22-01-18, 09:07 PM
(panda) Can you book in a rest day or 3?

Paula
22-01-18, 09:36 PM
This week is a bit easier (she says, not muttering about pots and kettles ;))

Suzi
23-01-18, 09:29 AM
Hope you're feeling OK today. Hope it's a rest day...

Paula
23-01-18, 02:39 PM
My back is sore and I’m grumpy. I could quite happily tell my whole family to do one.

Suzi
23-01-18, 03:15 PM
Oh :( Sorry about that love. Can you rest and distract at all?

Paula
23-01-18, 05:07 PM
I slept. When m asleep I can’t shout at anyone lol

Jaquaia
23-01-18, 05:18 PM
Sleep is good!

Angie
23-01-18, 05:53 PM
~Hope your resting hun

S deleted
23-01-18, 05:54 PM

This is true. Sleep is always good. Tempted to have 40 winks myself.

OldMike
23-01-18, 06:41 PM

You may be shouting in your sleep ;) (giggle)

Paula it's good you got some rest (snooze)

Paula
23-01-18, 07:25 PM
I’m actually struggling to breath it hurts so much. There’s nothing anyone can do about it so I just have to ride it out

Jaquaia
23-01-18, 07:40 PM
(panda)

S deleted
23-01-18, 07:47 PM
Oh that really sucks. I got a twinge in my back while I was driving yesterday and passed in a short while but then it happened again today. Weird. Anyway I hope your back is better soon.

Angie
23-01-18, 08:16 PM
Oh hunni

Suzi
23-01-18, 08:44 PM
(panda) I wish there was something I could do to make it better for you..

Paula
23-01-18, 10:53 PM
There have been tears ;( but I’ve had a heat cushion delivered, whacked it up to top heat and it’s helping. I can also take it to bed cos it shuts itself off after 90 minutes

Angie
24-01-18, 08:52 AM
Glad that you have found something to help hunni x

Suzi
24-01-18, 09:09 AM
OO Awesome! How are you today lovely?

Paula
24-01-18, 10:08 AM
Sore but the heat does help so it’s definitely muscular though I’ve been getting some pain in my butt-ock as Forrest Gump would say ....

Suzi
24-01-18, 12:37 PM
OMG that's you and another friend of mine both with literal pita's lol

Angie
25-01-18, 12:55 AM
Awww hope its eased up now for you hunni x

Suzi
25-01-18, 09:56 AM
Is it rude to start today with "How's your ar*se?"

Angie
25-01-18, 10:58 AM
(giggle)

OldMike
25-01-18, 12:35 PM

That'd be a bum question (rofl)

Paula
25-01-18, 03:26 PM

Oh my! The ‘cheek’ (rofl)

I’m still in a fair bit of pain - thoracic, lumbar, butt-ocks, hip and thigh. I promised to take my friend to a doctors appointment as she’s just had foot surgery and can’t drive. I didn’t want to let her down but geez driving hurt. So just taking it easy and keeping my heat pad glued to me this afternoon

OldMike
25-01-18, 06:08 PM
Oh my! The ‘cheek’ (rofl)

I’m still in a fair bit of pain - thoracic, lumbar, butt-ocks, hip and thigh. I promised to take my friend to a doctors appointment as she’s just had foot surgery and can’t drive. I didn’t want to let her down but geez driving hurt. So just taking it easy and keeping my heat pad glued to me this afternoon

This old dude would like to know why you've got hyphenated buttocks, is it a knew craze? (giggle)

Just keep using your heat pad and let Si and the girls pamper you (bear) (panda)

Suzi
25-01-18, 06:11 PM
Your poor bum! I know when my sciatica is really bad sometimes sitting on my wobble cushion really helps...

S deleted
25-01-18, 06:14 PM
Here you are Mike, maybe this will help you to understand lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIWd3T1xjec&sns=em

Paula
25-01-18, 06:39 PM
I’m really struggling to get my thoughts and everything around the pain. It’s like it’s taken over everything. I know there’s no point in going to the doctor, it’s muscular and related to using my crutches, they can’t give me any more painkillers,I’m not letting a physio anywhere near me and I can’t have a massage or osteopath treatment til neurology say it’s safe. All I can do is wait it out but I’m not managing very well.

S deleted
25-01-18, 06:45 PM
When do you see the neurologist?

Suzi
25-01-18, 08:37 PM
Have you found a position to sit in yet which is a tiny bit easier? I wish I could take the pain away even a bit...

Paula
25-01-18, 08:49 PM
Have you found a position to sit in yet which is a tiny bit easier? I wish I could take the pain away even a bit...

Not even a little bit. Tbh, it’s spreading up into my neck and shoulders now, I’m thinking of taking some Valium

When do you see the neurologist?

14 Feb

S deleted
25-01-18, 09:00 PM
Oh yeah I remember now. It can’t come soon enough I bet.

Angie
25-01-18, 11:10 PM
If Valium will help hunni then hope you have taken it xx

Paula
25-01-18, 11:52 PM
If Valium will help hunni then hope you have taken it xx

It did for a bit, about an hour. Considering I used to be on 15mg a day, just a 2mg tonight wiped me out! So I can’t use them much, it seems, if I want to function

S deleted
26-01-18, 12:07 AM
I’ll be honest with you, having seen you in person both on your max dose and without the difference is vast! You probably didn’t notice yourself on the meds but you were so spaced it was scary. Seeing you without them you are a totally different person. Much more in control and I definitely prefer the benzo free version. That said if it helps you on occasion I would rather you had the help cos I hate to think of you suffering.

S deleted
26-01-18, 12:17 AM
Sorry just realised I might’ve over stepped the mark with my last post not that I meant any harm but that’s the story of my life.

Suzi
26-01-18, 10:04 AM
Sweetheart if it's getting worse, then maybe speaking to a Dr - even to keep them in the loop is a good idea? Maybe they can call to press how urgent it is for you to see neuro and it might get the appointment sooner?

Paula
26-01-18, 03:02 PM
Sweetheart if it's getting worse, then maybe speaking to a Dr - even to keep them in the loop is a good idea? Maybe they can call to press how urgent it is for you to see neuro and it might get the appointment sooner?

The only contact I’ve had recently with my gp relating to pain involved them trying to take me off tapentadol. And I’m having a fight with them today to get mine and jess’s repeats sorted. I’m not trusting them with this right now.

I’ll be honest with you, having seen you in person both on your max dose and without the difference is vast! You probably didn’t notice yourself on the meds but you were so spaced it was scary. Seeing you without them you are a totally different person. Much more in control and I definitely prefer the benzo free version. That said if it helps you on occasion I would rather you had the help cos I hate to think of you suffering.

Actually, I agree. I only took it when Si told me I had to do something - and it takes a lot for him to suggest that. I haven’t taken anymore today because I need to function and will only take another in the evening if I absolutely have to.

As to saying the wrong thing, you didn’t. It seems that’s my job today ....

Jaquaia
26-01-18, 04:26 PM
(panda)

OldMike
26-01-18, 05:52 PM
Paula all I can do is send you my love and a big hug (panda) (bear)

Suzi
26-01-18, 06:08 PM
Hmm, your GP's need a kick up the derriere!

Saying the wrong thing? You? I've never known you to...

Paula
26-01-18, 07:46 PM
So there’s been a cock up with my repeats. The only thing (Sod’s law) that I haven’t got is venlafaxine and I run out of that today so I’d only had half my dose. Thankfully, my wonderful pharmacist gave me a weeks emergency supply - we all know what venlafaxine withdrawal is like. But it does mean I’ve been driving again and in and out of the car. So I’m sore. And (swear)(swear)(swear)(swear)ed off.

Suzi
26-01-18, 10:08 PM
Oh bugger! Thank goodness for a lovely pharmacist! Rest now please, rest.

Angie
26-01-18, 10:14 PM
Am glad the pharmacist has helped hunni

Flo
28-01-18, 10:42 AM
So there’s been a cock up with my repeats. The only thing (Sod’s law) that I haven’t got is venlafaxine and I run out of that today so I’d only had half my dose. Thankfully, my wonderful pharmacist gave me a weeks emergency supply - we all know what venlafaxine withdrawal is like. But it does mean I’ve been driving again and in and out of the car. So I’m sore. And (swear)(swear)(swear)(swear)ed off.

Yours isn't the only surgery that misses items.....had the same experience 2 weeks ago. And they won't let you have 2 months worth either! I got "It's The Rules!!" hope you're feeling a little better today miss sparkles!(bear)

Paula
28-01-18, 12:32 PM
Each day my back gets a little easier, thankfully:). I have actually been taking it easy and it’s working though I’m very bored lol. Still, thank god for box sets!

Suzi
28-01-18, 03:31 PM
Hooray! So glad it's getting easier love!

OldMike
28-01-18, 04:52 PM
Each day my back gets a little easier, thankfully:). I have actually been taking it easy and it’s working though I’m very bored lol. Still, thank god for box sets!

That's great news Paula, I'm glad you've got a lot of box sets, failing that you can stream them from various streaming sites *pretends he knows what he's talking about* (giggle)

Angie
28-01-18, 06:37 PM
Glad that its easing up for you hunni x

Paula
30-01-18, 03:41 PM
So, today’s been a fail. All the good I did my back resting it Ive managed to undo by unpacking the shopping. And I’ve tried to do some trustee work, tried to do an email and gave up after the third attempt.and my eyes are sore. I give up

Jaquaia
30-01-18, 03:52 PM
(panda)

Suzi
30-01-18, 04:39 PM
What in the world possessed you to unpack the shopping? Doesn't one have staff for that?

Paula
30-01-18, 05:40 PM
Ones staff was at work ... which does, I know, beggar the question why didn’t I book the delivery for when they were home. .?

S deleted
30-01-18, 05:50 PM
That’s a very good question indeed. And the answer is...

Jaquaia
30-01-18, 06:10 PM
Brain fart???

Angie
30-01-18, 06:34 PM
(bear)

Suzi
30-01-18, 08:42 PM
Brain fart is good - I was thinking "a momentary spike in dribbling dumb arsedness" :)

Paula
30-01-18, 09:05 PM
Nice to know who your friends are ;)

S deleted
30-01-18, 09:24 PM
I still luvs ya Paula (Kiss)

Suzi
30-01-18, 09:29 PM
We are your friends and that's why we take the (swear)(swear)(swear)(swear), because that's what friends do - they are there to help you laugh when things are (swear)(swear)(swear)(swear).

Jaquaia
30-01-18, 09:46 PM
Just think what we're like with the people we don't like! ;)

Angie
30-01-18, 10:08 PM
(giggle)

S deleted
30-01-18, 10:26 PM
(rofl)

Suzi
31-01-18, 09:12 AM
How are you feeling today gorgeous?

Paula
31-01-18, 10:05 AM
Sore but I’ll live. I’ve got Housegroup tonight and I’d really love to be able to go.

Suzi
31-01-18, 10:55 AM
So I hope you're intending to spend the day resting?

Paula
31-01-18, 04:44 PM
Ha! My youngest had other plans ...... The bus for college apparently drove straight past her. She comes home demanding a lift as ‘she’ll be late with the next bus’. I wasn’t remotely ready to go out so, with 25 mins (and a bad back) to have a bath, dry my hair etc, rushed around like a baf. I made it exactly on time only to find she’d got the bus anyway, without even leaving a note!!

I’ve been faffing since, picked up my meds, cleared the kitchen etc etc. I’ve got to prepare a recruitment policy for the Trustee work I do but I just can’t get motivated

Jaquaia
31-01-18, 04:51 PM
Sorry Paula but that's not on when she knows how much you struggle. (panda)

Suzi
31-01-18, 07:27 PM
Completely agree! That's completely out of order!

Paula
31-01-18, 11:56 PM
Don’t apologise, Jaq, it was completely out of order....

Suzi
01-02-18, 09:57 AM
So... Have you discussed it with her? How are you today? How was housegroup?

Paula
01-02-18, 11:50 AM
Housegroup was good - discussing the Lords Prayer :). I’m feeling oktoday, back is only aching a wee bit thankfully.

Jess is poorly, lost her voice, so it seems a bit mean to bring it up ....

S deleted
01-02-18, 12:00 PM
Sounds like the best time cos she can’t answer you back lol

Paula
01-02-18, 01:16 PM
(rofl)

Suzi
01-02-18, 02:34 PM
I'm with Jaq! I'd tell her what impact it had on you - and then for her to not even tell you she'd gone to get the bus...

Hope you're resting today lovely.

Paula
01-02-18, 02:53 PM
Ah, no ..... I’m working today but I’ve put Absolute Radio on and am enjoying it.

OldMike
01-02-18, 03:16 PM
Sounds like the best time cos she can’t answer you back lol

Like your style (rofl)

Paula
01-02-18, 04:02 PM
My brain has come to a standstill after a productive morning, so I’ve stopped work and will pick it up tomorrow. Brownie points?

Jaquaia
01-02-18, 04:13 PM
And a gold star!!!

S deleted
01-02-18, 06:14 PM
*throws a chufty badge your way*

Paula
01-02-18, 06:15 PM
And 20 mi utes later I was snoring away ...

Jaquaia
01-02-18, 06:51 PM
You obviously needed it.

Angie
01-02-18, 07:01 PM
Definate gold star

Suzi
01-02-18, 09:29 PM
So proud! :)

Paula
02-02-18, 10:32 AM
Jess is really quite poorly - she was actually sick with it this morning, and her ear is swollen and painful. I’m waiting for a call back from her consultant to see if they want her to go up to hospital .....

OldMike
02-02-18, 12:55 PM
Poor Jess, I presume it's the ear she had the operation on, she really needs to see some one ASAP, hope you get a call back post haste. (bear) (panda)

Paula
02-02-18, 01:00 PM
Thank you Mike

Suzi
02-02-18, 01:46 PM
Oh no! I really hope that it's nothing serious and she's sorted fast....

Paula
02-02-18, 03:15 PM
Yep, they want her up the hospital to see the ENT Consultant this afternoon

S deleted
02-02-18, 03:49 PM
Wow, that’s quick. Fingers crossed it’s nothing too serious.

Angie
02-02-18, 06:31 PM
Hope its nothing serious and Jess is sorted quickly hunni xx

Suzi
02-02-18, 09:01 PM
How is she? She was doing well in her healing wasn't she? Send her my love and best wishes...

Paula
03-02-18, 01:08 PM
Sorry, I wasn’t ignoring you all. By the time she got home, I had to get ready for my Big Night Out lol. Shes poorly but, so far, no infection actually in her ear but, if the ear does get infected, it will damage the bone graft they’ve done so they’ve put her on antibiotics as a precaution.

I went to our town Mayors Annual Charity Quiz Night last night. It’s ages since I’ve gone out on a Friday night and I nearly used jess as an excuse to pull out - but I didn’t. Actually had a fantastic night! It was really good fun :)

S deleted
03-02-18, 01:18 PM
Really glad you enjoyed yourself. A night out now and again will do you good.

Angie
03-02-18, 06:36 PM
At least they are being pro active with Jess hunni and so glad you had a good night out

Suzi
03-02-18, 10:42 PM
So glad they're looking after her!
So glad you had a good glam night out! Did you win?