PDA

View Full Version : New

Mad
18-12-17, 08:55 AM
Hi like to introduce myself I'm mad I've just excepted that I have depression and I have had it for 15 years my wife has left me and its so hard thanks

magie06
18-12-17, 09:10 AM
Can I start by welcoming you to DWD. You will find that we are a friendly bunch and you will most likely get a reply within a few hours.

Jaquaia
18-12-17, 11:14 AM
Hi and welcome. Take a look around and feel free to.jump in whenever you feel comfortable :)

Paula
18-12-17, 11:59 AM
Hi and welcome (hi). I’m so sorry you’re going through a really hard time

Suzi
18-12-17, 01:56 PM
Hi and welcome to DWD. I'm glad you've made your way here. Have you seen your GP and told them how things are for you right now?

Angie
18-12-17, 10:07 PM
Hi and welcome to DWD

Mad
19-12-17, 08:06 AM
Hi and welcome (hi). I’m so sorry you’re going through a really hard time

Hi I just need a friend and some support to get me through this horrible depressed state I'm in I feel so sorry for myself

Paula
19-12-17, 09:49 AM
You’ve got friends and support here, and people who truly understand (panda)

Suzi
19-12-17, 10:23 AM
That's very true ;) (bear)

Mad
19-12-17, 07:17 PM
That's very true ;) (bear)

How do I get my wife to try again it wasn't my fault I have depression I didn't know what I was doing

Paula
19-12-17, 09:12 PM
Depression has an impact on our moods, our temperament, our outlook on life. We act differently to our real selves and often hurt our loved ones as a result. A lot of relationships break up but, I believe, the key to sustaining our relationships is honesty and, importantly, being able to accept responsibility for our actions - it’s easy to say ‘it’s the depression’ but that can’t be a get out clause for causing our loved ones pain. Perhaps you and your wife need to talk about what went wrong and how you can both work together to resolve the hurt?

Suzi
19-12-17, 11:36 PM
Have you thought about couples counselling - something like Relate?
Paula is right - as someone in your wife's position - "it wasn't me, it was the depression" doesn't actually mean much. Saying you are sorry, acknowledging that things have gone wrong and your part in that but also telling her that you want to work through it. Be honest. Be genuine.

Mad
20-12-17, 08:23 AM
Have you thought about couples counselling - something like Relate?
Paula is right - as someone in your wife's position - "it wasn't me, it was the depression" doesn't actually mean much. Saying you are sorry, acknowledging that things have gone wrong and your part in that but also telling her that you want to work through it. Be honest. Be genuine.

Hi thanks for replying I would love to go to relate with her I have got counselling on my own for the depression and it is good I've told her I'm sorry I genuinely am I ve only just realised what she has put up with for all these years and how much I really do love her but all she says is she needs space and time on her own I desperately want to save our marriage

Suzi
20-12-17, 09:59 AM
Maybe the way to save it is to listen and give her time...