PDA

View Full Version : Going out brings out the fat.

Tia
26-11-17, 09:54 PM
Its all my own fault. Depending on the severity of my depression I either go from being unable to eat or constantly binging on junk food. So the works Christmas party is next week..... Even with a dress to hide the flab , a gok wan body shaper and a pair of high waisted control knickers I have weight issues. Maybe after a few drinks I won't be that bothered . Its time to get my head around my emotions, this binging has to stop.

magie06
26-11-17, 11:07 PM
Take it from someone that knows. It's damn hard to loose the weight. If you are like me, all you can see when you go anywhere are people with perfect figures. They all look like they've just stepped out of the beauticians and the hairdresser and I feel like I'm dressed in a black sack. Horrible but especially at this time of the year. Don't despair, most people who go out are only worried about what they look like, and not what anyone else looks like. Go out, enjoy your night and don't mix too much alcohol with your tablets. (party)

Suzi
27-11-17, 09:31 AM
Magie's right. I have the same issues... I think everyone does!

magie06
14-12-17, 06:28 PM
Have you had your night out yet?

Tia
15-12-17, 05:41 PM
Haha yes thank you, after five dress changes. It was an average night night although I only got in at 4am . I have made a pact with myself that this time next year I will be two dress sizes smaller. The trouble is there is so much good stuff to eat at Christmas. How are you coping with the run up to the big day ?

magie06
15-12-17, 05:54 PM
I've been following the weight watchers programme since June. I'm down over a stone and a half. It's very slow but I'm already 2 sizes down compared to this time last year.

Tia
15-12-17, 06:17 PM
That is fabulous, well done. I think you need to get in to the right mind set to diet. There is normally that one defining moment when something in your head clicks then its diet time. I tried slimming world but found the food expensive to buy. May be its time for a re think . How easy is the Weight Watchers plan to follow ?

magie06
15-12-17, 09:16 PM
It's based on a points system. The more sugar and saturated fat is on something obviously the more points are in it. But hold off until January. The are updating the programme and there will be a new points system in place. Most classes are closed now for Christmas anyway but the first week in January all will be back again for more of the same.

Suzi
15-12-17, 09:28 PM
Glad you had a good time lovely!

Tia
15-12-17, 10:08 PM
Thanks Suzi. I think once a year for a blow out is more than enough for me, glad I went out though. The thing is we have the whole work place party in January so its all the departments together. Should be a much quieter affair which finishes at twelve. Phew !

Suzi
16-12-17, 12:18 PM
Good for you!

magie06
22-12-17, 06:14 PM
How are your plans going?