View Full Version : Friday Fab 5's - Friday 24th November 2017

24-11-17, 09:00 AM
Right you lovely lot!!! It's that time of the week again! What 5 things (or more or less) have you achieved this week? It doesn't have to be something huge, it can be something simple like got up and got dressed every day, it just has to be positive!

Remember, any negativity will be removed!

Here's mine to get you started...

- birthday on Tuesday which means cake!!!!
- also Stella came to visit! Yay!!!!!
- getting to spend time with J
- some awesome pressies
- lost 2lbs!!!

24-11-17, 09:03 AM
Hooray, hoorah it's Friday!

So, in time fashioned style I bring you the Friday Fab 5 Challenge!

A list of 5 things - no matter how "small" or "insignificant" they may be. If they have been positive for you, or bought a smile to your face then they count! I ask for 5, but each one is cause for celebration, so if you've got 1 or 100 go for it!

This is my favourite thread of the week and the only thread of the week I ask for no negativity please. Let's start the weekend with smiles and no matter how dark your week has been I know that if you search hard enough you can find 1 positive thing!

Mine to get you started:

~ The friendship from here. This week hasn't been easy and it's wonderful knowing how lovely and supportive you guys have been. Thank you.
~ My lovely practise nurse T who has a wicked sense of humour.
~ Crash. He's adorable and keeps making me laugh.
~ Seeing the look on H's face when she presented me with the lamp she's been making in product design as an early Christmas present as she didn't want to try to hide it and stored it in case it broke.
~ Having a really long chat with my little sister. We don't normally get the option. She's so awesome.
~ Have finished the crochet things I am giving to my little nieces and nephew for Christmas. Just my Mum's to finish ;)

Your turn!

24-11-17, 09:04 AM
(rofl) Just started this thread too lol. Will merge them both! (rofl)

24-11-17, 09:31 AM
Great minds ;)

24-11-17, 09:49 AM
Really tough one this week....

Survived the journey up north and back despite the horrendous traffic I had to contend with.
Spending time with Angie and Jaq
Getting a new crate for Max (thanks Angie) and I think he approves of the extra space.
After being quite a challenge (understatement) Iím kinda glad of the support here.
Have been asked to provide a reference for a friend who is looking to volunteer for the Samaritans.

24-11-17, 10:06 AM
- really positive meeting re potential voluntary work
- being invited to 8th birthday celebrations for my very first voluntary job
- Jess has a date for surgery, hopefully the end of almost 12 years backwards and forwards to the hospital
- lovely catch up with a dear friend
- started Christmas shopping

24-11-17, 11:24 AM
-watched all my emmerdale and all my eastenders, without falling behind (and I always end up falling behind for some reason!)

-met with my mental health worker on wednesday and got things I wanted discussed

-cooked every night this week

- reached out to my friend kelly when she was hurting

- started a new daniele steel book called the long road home

24-11-17, 04:49 PM
Mine are:

- my boss understanding me better and expressing gratitude for the work I've done;
- finally my treatment plan seems to become real;
- dental treatment with no problems;
- support here;
- good customers.

26-11-17, 01:04 PM
Late again, well being a gentleman of mature years I move slower than most (giggle)

Lunch and a chat with my sister.
Luncheon Club again no custard but rice pud yipee.
Bridge mindbending but enjoyable.
Lunch at the Old Boat House.
Playing Fantasy Life on 3DS.

26-11-17, 02:59 PM
I do really love this thread. Thank you all for making me smile.