PDA

View Full Version : What can I expect? *SU triggers*

Yeesh
31-10-17, 08:24 PM
Hi there!
I posted previously about struggling with being on a waiting list for counselling. I went to my wellbeing centre at uni yesterday and today they called with an appointment.

But now it's happening, I'm really nervous! My thoughts are all over the place and I have no idea what to say because I don't really know what's going on in my own head right now. Do I start by telling them I've been having suicidal thoughts? Or the things in my life that make me feel this way? Or the anxiety I get before work/lectures?

Any information on what I should expect my first/following appointments to entail would be greatly appreciated.

Also, some tips on how to make sure I don't just cry all the way through it would be great too!:P

Paula
31-10-17, 10:50 PM
It might help you get it all across if you write down how you’re feeling, how this is affecting your life and what triggers you. They’ll expect you to be nervous and normally the first session is a ‘get to know you’ rather than a full on counselling session.

I have no tips whatsoever on how not to cry - as other members will tell you, I cry a lot so if you do find a solution, I’d love to hear it ;). The counsellor will expect tears so don’t worry about that.

When is the appt?

Suzi
31-10-17, 11:07 PM
Cry if you need to, it's the most human thing you can do when you are dealing with horrible stuff....

Yeesh
01-11-17, 09:36 AM
My appointment is Friday,so not long to wait at all. I definitely think I'll write it all down, thankyou for that!

Suzi
01-11-17, 11:12 AM
Bullet point list it if it's easier..