PDA

View Full Version : My story *SU TRIGGERS*

Andrew
19-10-17, 05:47 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this and just need someone to talk too.

So 3 years ago I got depression and I've had it ever since. I didn't take it seriously, I'd stop taking medication etc. I treat my partner badly in that time. I couldn't deal with life and I shut her out completely. It's lost me jobs, friends and recently me and my partner split up. I still love her so much and have true regret for not sorting my mental health out.

Tuesday I went to the gp and she's put me on sertraline. Side effects have been really bad. I've slept 5 hours in the last 2 days and I'm a message.

Yesterday, my ex left her phone by accident at my house when picking our daughter up. I looked at her texts and found out she's been sleeping with my best mate. This has completely turned my life upside down. I can't cope with it.

Paula
19-10-17, 06:41 PM
Hi and welcome. Side effects can be tough at the beginning but they should pass within a couple of weeks. Be kind to yourself, you need it right now. Are you able to work at the moment?

Can I ask how long it’s been since you and your partner split up?

Andrew
19-10-17, 07:22 PM
Hi and welcome. Side effects can be tough at the beginning but they should pass within a couple of weeks. Be kind to yourself, you need it right now. Are you able to work at the moment?

Can I ask how long it’s been since you and your partner split up?

I rang in sick for work today as I've had barely any sleep. We've been split up for 3 months. Everything is so raw.

Andrew
21-10-17, 11:23 AM
I'm so tired of my life. I feel like my mind is a prison. I want to end it but I'm not brave enough.

OldMike
21-10-17, 11:29 AM
Hi Andrew I'm on Sertraline (have been on and off for 25 years) it takes a while for them to kick in and any side effects usually go after a month or so, just hang on in there and I know this is a cliche take it a day at a time.

Andrew
21-10-17, 11:41 AM
I just want my mind to stop being in overdrive. I've got so much regret in my life. It's like I'm not meant to be happy. I'm sick of not being happy. I'm a totally different person to who I was and who I want to be.

Jaquaia
21-10-17, 12:39 PM
Hey Andrew, can you go back to your gp and tell them about your suicidal thoughts please. They could just be side effects of starting the sertraline, I know that I suffered really badly with suicidal thoughts and self-harming when I started them the 2nd time round, I was given diazepam to help me get through the first few weeks. It might be worth asking to go on sick for a while and counselling may help?

Andrew
21-10-17, 02:00 PM
I'm at work tomorrow and Monday x2 12 hour shifts. I'm dreading it. I went to primary care centre late Wednesday night cos of heart palpitations but the doctor just said I've got extreme anxiety now. I can't afford to stay off work. I'm moving into my own house on Halloween after being back at my dad's for split with ex.

She has a lot of anger at me and I've got a lot to myself. I've treated her shockingly. I'm so regretful. I hate my life. I've had such a craps life. Homeless from 16-19 and then she came along and worshipped the ground I walked on and I did to her too. Why did this depression come to me when my life was the happiest and had everything I ever wanted? Why am I not meant to ever be happy. It's hard taking it day to day. My mind won't stop. Every day feels like a week. I'm just tired of being here.

Suzi
21-10-17, 03:09 PM
Hi Andrew and welcome to DWD.
Sweetheart please go back and see the dr and tell them about these suicidal thoughts. It's really important. If you think that you might act on them or hurt yourself then please go to A+E and ask to see the on call mental health nurse. You can get through this, sounds like you need a bit of extra help right now. Her sleeping with your best friend isn't great for you, and finding out in the way that you did can't have helped - but you can move forwards...

Andrew
21-10-17, 05:16 PM
I'll ring gp on Tuesday. I don't want to move forward in my life. I want my old life back without having this thing in my head. I'd worked so hard to get to where I was and its all gone. I was so so happy before I got depression and now it's ruined my life and I don't want to live with it any longer.

magie06
21-10-17, 06:45 PM
Can I just say that the person who I have become is a nicer, more understanding and relaxed person now, than I was before my mental health started to deteriorate. I really wanted my old life back but now, I think I prefer this me.

Paula
21-10-17, 06:51 PM
I’ve had to learn the very hard way that it’s impossible to have our old lives back. We can only move forward. If we can, we learn from the past. If we’re lucky, some of the past comes with us. I know that probably sounds pithy to you but it’s true. You will get through this, lovely, life will get easier.

Suzi
22-10-17, 04:56 PM
Thing is, none of are the same today as we were yesterday....

Andrew
23-10-17, 02:47 PM
So yesterday I went to work. Got in at 8pm. Felt alright compared to normal. I stood in the kitchen and I overdosed on dertraline. I had to go to hospital. I'm now getting counselling and my medication is being changed.

Paula
23-10-17, 03:39 PM
Oh sweetheart (bear). Are you still in hospital? Is there someone who can look after you while you recover?

Suzi
23-10-17, 04:34 PM
Andrew, are you safe? Are you being looked after? Oh sweetheart I'm so sorry that you felt that bad....

Andrew
23-10-17, 08:21 PM
I got out of hospital at 5am. I'm at my dad's house. I'm just tired. I've hit rock bottom. Only way is up I guess. New medication will sedate me more so hopefully my mind won't be in overdrive and I'll get some sleep. Rings counselling tomorrow to get enrolled onto it. The pain just got too much. The mental health liaison worker said I need to stop thinking about what I don't have and think positively what I do have. Gonna try to live by that.

Paula
23-10-17, 08:25 PM
I’m so relieved you’re at your dad’s. Please make sure you rest, you need to let your body recover just as much as your mind. Sending huge hugs, lovely (panda)

Paula
24-10-17, 11:46 AM
Andrew, how are you doing today?

Suzi
24-10-17, 12:57 PM
What a crap time to be let out of hospital! I'm so glad you are at your Dad's. I hope you're being looked after lovely x

Andrew
24-10-17, 01:40 PM
I'm feeling okay today. Not back at work till Friday so I'll have time to rest. Have to go to estate agents tomorrow to sign tenancy agreement for my new house which I move into on the 31st so at least it'll get me out the house.

I am awaiting a call from my gp as mental health liaison worker from the hospital has sent recommendations to gp for new medication. My counciling assessment starts at 2pm today.

This whole year has just been one big nightmare and I can't wait till it's over.

Thank you for all your kind words. X

Paula
24-10-17, 01:47 PM
I’m so glad that counselling and medication changes are happening quickly. You’re obviously now getting the Support you need

Suzi
24-10-17, 05:35 PM
Are you ok to move into your new home? Will you still have support there?
So glad you've got support and help mobilising today.

Andrew
24-10-17, 07:04 PM
I've been put on mirtazapine or something like that. Anyone had any experience of this?

I'm moving into my new home at the worst time. It'll either be a good thing or a bad thing. My dad is only a 15 minute drive away and they've said if I don't want to be alone I can stay the night at their house.

Paula
24-10-17, 11:34 PM
Mirtazapine is a great drug imo. It does make you drowsy so you need to take it at night.

Suzi
25-10-17, 11:10 AM
It's great you've got that support close by. Make sure you use it if you want/need it lovely.

Paula
26-10-17, 10:42 PM
Hi, Andrew, just wanted to check in. Hoping you’re doing ok (bear)

Andrew
29-10-17, 03:54 PM
Hi Paula, yeah I'm feeling better thanks. Medication change has definitely helped. Work is a bit of a struggle. Especially these 36 hour shifts but needs must.

Still moving into my new house on Tuesday. Hopefully it'll be a step forward for a positive new start. Feeling a bit more down today than last few days but I've started writing a journal and that seems to help.

I've started talking to my ex again. Things are going well but she's made it clear I won't be getting back with her. I'm just full of regret that I didn't get my mental health sorted earlier so this would have all been avoided.

Paula
29-10-17, 05:21 PM
I’m so proud of you for all you’re doing to get better :)

Suzi
29-10-17, 06:45 PM
36 hour shifts are ridiculous. No one can cope with being alert for that long!
I'm so glad things are moving in the right direction for you. Sorry about your ex...

Andrew
30-10-17, 03:30 PM
2 days in a row now I've felt a bit lower. Thanks for all your kid words. I wish I knew this place existed years ago. X

Suzi
30-10-17, 10:15 PM
Any news on a doctors appointment?
So glad you found your way here and that it's helping..

Andrew
30-10-17, 10:57 PM
Have a doctors appt 13th November. They'll be putting my medication up I presume. Mental health liaison worker told me after my overdose.

Don't know when my next counselling is. It's with Talking Changes. Not sure if it's just a North East organisation or nationwide.

I'm feeling good as I type. But I can feel and just know there's a bad few days ahead. I can feel it.

Paula
31-10-17, 12:11 AM
I know it’s unbelievably hard but please, please try not to borrow trouble. If you’re feeling good now, try to hold onto that and maybe the next few days won’t be as bad as you fear

Reggie
31-10-17, 05:15 AM
Hi there Andrew I was on sertraline and i hated it.
I stopped taking it and my gp gave me mertazapine. It has a sleeper in it and i found it a life saver when I couldn't eat or sleep and pacing around the house. See your go and find something that works for you . I found the side effects shocking also.
I think also your ex wasn't sleeping with your best mate. Because best mates don't do that. Don't beat yourself up because to do that to you, they both don't deserve such a good and loyal friend anyway. What there done is cruel and callous.the fault is not yours it's not your burden to bare.

Suzi
31-10-17, 12:12 PM
Can you try to get an earlier appointment if you feel you need it?

Andrew
01-11-17, 09:08 PM
Hi everyone,

Feeling really positive today. I know what I want in life and I'm not going to let anything stop me. I've let it takes over my life and stop me doing things I want to do and being who I want to be.

I'm just going to take the good with the bad.

Paula
01-11-17, 09:19 PM
That s lovely to heat :)

Suzi
01-11-17, 09:31 PM
Brilliant! Long may it last!

Andrew
04-11-17, 11:18 PM
Moved in to my own place last night. Had a drink to celebrate. Bad idea. Since Thursday I've had lots of suicidal thoughts. My gp appointment is next Monday I'm gonna push for stronger medication and I need counselling. I can't wait 6 months for it.

Paula
05-11-17, 12:38 AM
Can you get an earlier appointment?

Suzi
05-11-17, 10:42 AM
Definitely try to get to see your GP earlier and get some more help. How are you feeling this morning?

Andrew
05-11-17, 07:43 PM
I'm okay today. Seem to get worse as the night goes on all the time. I'm at work tomorrow, so gonna try to get an appointment on Tuesday. I doubt I'll be able to but worth a shot. I want to see a specific doctor as she knows my story etc.

Suzi
05-11-17, 09:15 PM
I can understand that.. Do keep calling if you can't get an appointment when you call first time.

Paula
05-11-17, 09:17 PM
Definitely worth a shot, lovely

Andrew
07-11-17, 03:12 PM
Feel like crap today. Went shopping to get stuff for my new house. Was very busy and just wanted to cry. Christmas songs in Morrison's made be feel unbelievably angry and I don't know why. Random I know. Can't ring gp as I've got no minutes left on my phone until tomorrow. Feel so alone and just feel no one knows or understands how I feel. Think I'm just gonna go to bed soon as I really just can't be bothered anymore. Just want to wake up and have a different life and mind.

Paula
07-11-17, 09:51 PM
It might help to speak to the Samaritans. It’s free on 116 123 or you could email them https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/contact-us

Suzi
07-11-17, 10:25 PM
You know you can email the Samaritans too? If you don't have minutes, but you do have net access? - Sorry just seen Paula has posted the same thing...
Any chance of you being able to see a friend or being able to get a Dr's appointment?

Andrew
10-11-17, 05:38 PM
Have got minutes now thanks. Used CALM on web chat which I saw posted on here that night. I know I've got another crap night ahead. Can feel it lingering.

No chance of early appointment. Got work tomorrow and Sunday to occupy my mind. Monday can't come soon enough for my appointment though.

Seeing and hearing Christmas things seems to be a trigger. It's everywhere.

Paula
10-11-17, 05:44 PM
Well done for contacting CALM, did that help?

Suzi
10-11-17, 10:26 PM
So glad you contacted them. Is there no way of being with anyone tonight?

Andrew
16-11-17, 09:05 PM
Went to doctors on Monday. Got another appointment 28th November where they'll be putting my meds up in dosage. Getting quite a few headaches recently which I hope isn't a side effect as I suffer from migraines. Great news re counselling. Will be getting it in less than a month at my gp surgery instead of having to wait a year which I thought I would.

In Monday my ex told me she wishes she never met me, I've ruined her life, hates the fact that we'll always have a connection (daughter). Pretty hard to take but understandable. On Tuesday I had to ring as I'd bought Xmas presents for our daughter. Was gonna end up call and she randomly pops out with "i miss you". But she says it'll never work between us.

After this she's been quite distant so just taking every day at a time and trying to keep myself occupied with work and stuff. It's hard though, I literally think of her every minute of every day.

No dark thoughts since Monday night which is probably the longest stint in about 6 months. Got my daughter tomorrow all day and she never gives me a minute. Gonna try having a few drinks when I finish work on Saturday night. I know I shouldn't but I need normality now. I'm 26 years old I should be able to have a few beers after a stressful week at work.

Sorry for the long post, I'm just blabbering on a bit.

Suzi
16-11-17, 09:50 PM
Just a warning that alcohol and anti depressants don't mix very well and alcohol is a natural depressant...

I'm really glad you went to the Drs. What meds are you on? It's excellent about the counselling, that's not a long time to wait at all!
Do you have any plans for spending time with your daughter?

Andrew
16-11-17, 10:14 PM
I know it is, but it's something I enjoy doing. Just need to make sure it's in moderation. I can't go my whole life not drinking. Literally it's all my mates do.

Just on 15mg of mitrazapine at the minute. Going up to 30mg on 28th, then see how I do on them for a month. GP is only giving me 14 at a time due to overdose which is understandable but bit of a pain.

No, will drop her off back at her Mam's about 5ish, then probably just chill on internet. Been trying to get into box sets for night times so I'm concentrating on something to stop my mind roaming.

Andrew
16-11-17, 10:17 PM
Sorry I thought you said after spending time with daughter. I'm going shopping with her tomorrow. Been out for dinner with her today. But she's been a little bugger cos she was tired. Absolutely love having her, she never gives me a minute!

Paula
16-11-17, 10:25 PM
How often do you see her?

Suzi
17-11-17, 10:31 AM
Sounds like you really enjoy spending time with her.

Andrew
20-11-17, 10:54 PM
How often do you see her?

I have her 3 or 4 days a week depending on shifts at work.

Last few days I've felt really good. Me and my ex getting on really well. Just taking things easy at the minute on that front.

Daft thing, this whole episode has made me feel quite spiritual. Since moving in my new house I've always felt there's someone watching over me. It might be a load of rubbish but it's quite comforting. I believe it's my granny.

Suzi
21-11-17, 09:04 AM
Doesn't sound daft at all to me. I know I have a much more spiritual connection now than I have in years.

Andrew
26-11-17, 09:09 PM
After having a good week or so the last few days/nights I've felt really lonely, alone and like a failure.

I'm so dreading Christmas. I really don't want it to happen.

Suzi
27-11-17, 09:24 AM
What about seeing if there's something like a community lunch event or something so you aren't alone...

Loneliness sucks. Can you look into joining a group or something? What about utilising something like meetup?

magie06
30-11-17, 12:41 PM
How are you today?

Andrew
04-12-17, 05:00 PM
Hi all,

Just an update. I've been put onto 30mg of mitrazapine. Back at docs on 19th as she wants to see me before Christmas
Hard to describe my mood at the minute. Really feel like I could cry at any minute but when I try there's nothing there. Just feel really empty. I've got nothing to look forward too. No closer to getting my family back, do not want to see anyone so can't make plans. My life is just empty.

Andrew
04-12-17, 05:01 PM
Also, my anxiety seems to be up a lot more. Finding it hard to switch my mind off and always thinking of worst case scenarios

Suzi
04-12-17, 08:31 PM
So glad your GP is wanting to keep an eye on how you are feeling. That's really positive. Remember that they will take a while to get into your system properly.

Andrew
07-12-17, 10:25 PM
Had my first counselling session tonight. Didn't really know what to say as I've never done anything like it before. Felt like I just blabbed on.

She reckons due to events my mind has been in 'survival mode' for years. She thinks that when I was at my happiest and safest that's when my depression came out. Also saying I've been let down by lots of people in the past could have had an affect on me.

Quite tired after it, so early night for me. Day with the daughter tomorrow, gonna go get my hair cut and do a bit of shopping then snuggles with her and no doubt watch Peppa Pig!

Paula
07-12-17, 10:48 PM
Counselling is exhausting and you’ll probably feel it tomorrow, just FYI. Have fun with your daughter :)

Suzi
08-12-17, 09:17 AM
Have fun with your daughter today!
Paula is right, counselling is exhausting. It's really important to try to do something to be kind to you after each session.

Andrew
10-12-17, 10:51 PM
Wish i could get rid of my Self hatred and regret but i can't.

Suzi
11-12-17, 09:13 AM
You can with time and practise. It's really hard, but every time you think something negative about yourself stop yourself and turn it to a positive.
Tell me 3 things that you like about yourself or are positives about you?

Andrew
11-12-17, 01:47 PM
I'm nothing like I was years ago. My good points have now gone. Since challenging my depression I'd say I'm more thoughtful of other though. That's about it.

Suzi
11-12-17, 06:17 PM
There will be more - you just have to hunt for them sometimes.

Paula
11-12-17, 06:36 PM
I'm nothing like I was years ago. My good points have now gone. Since challenging my depression I'd say I'm more thoughtful of other though. That's about it.

I don’t believe that your good points have gone. What I do believe is that depression is a nasty b*tch that destroys our self confidence and self belief and makes us believe that we have nothing going for us. I think that’s whats happened - you don’t believe in your good points even though they’re there

JamieW
12-12-17, 10:18 AM

Andrew - the word i've come to use to define depression as a condition or illness is 'insidious' .... it truly is .... it infects all parts of our mind and life .... very slowly sometimes and it creeps through and overwhelms before you've come to deal with it

Even though i consciously 'know' this fact and know i have depression i have real struggles on a day-to-day basis .... counseling is very tiring mentally ... stick with it .... i'm in-between at the moment and want to go back

We do all have good points and strengths and its depressions sole purpose to mask / distort and confuse this .... again - i know this fact but i still fall victim to its nature and deny these facts at times and get the same feelings of despair ....
Take it day by day ...

magie06
12-12-17, 12:50 PM
When I was at my worst, I would have to take things minute by minute. If I just get through the next 10 minutes. It would get me through.

Andrew
12-12-17, 06:40 PM
Last night and today have been the worst I've felt in months. Had to ask my ex to pick my daughter up early because I feel so (swear)(swear)(swear)(swear). Pretended I had a headache to her.

I just feel it's never-ending. I start to feel better and then this happens. Im so sick of feeling like this. It's been so long since I've felt my normal self I can't remember what it feels like.

Either feel nothing or i feel self hatred, regret and sadness.

Paula
12-12-17, 06:46 PM
I know this is a cliche but, with counselling, often it’s a case of getting worse before you get better. It’s a tough treatment to undertake and you’re just starting out. You’re going to need to be kind to yourself (panda)

Suzi
12-12-17, 08:26 PM
Paula's right. Counselling is exhausting and can be so painful. You have be kind to yourself - taking time to regroup and recentre each week..

Andrew
13-12-17, 11:35 PM
My next counselling session isn't until 4th January as I'm at work tomorrow and can't take the day off.

I needed to have a little cry last night to make me feel better. I cry a lot now. I hate being alone but I hate being with people. The longer I've been separated from my ex the more I miss everything about her and living with her and my daughter. Miss just seeing and being with them everyday. It's supposed to get easier bit it's getting harder. We've been separated 6 months now and everyday I want her back more and more. I know counselling, depression etc would be so much easier with her by my side.

She's going out drinking Friday night. My anxiety is up about it. Scenarios of her meeting someone new etc.

Suzi
14-12-17, 10:27 AM
I can understand that. You just need to be kind to yourself right now. Sorry, can you remind me - are you on meds? If things are getting harder, could you go and see your GP and tell them what you are telling us?

Andrew
14-12-17, 06:50 PM
I'm on 30mg mitrazapine. I feel like over the past week they aren't doing anything for me anymore. My mind is constantly running.

I'm seeing my doctor on Tuesday for a chat. I really don't wanna to start new medication as it makes me feel the last 2 month on mitrazapine has been a waste of time.

Suzi
14-12-17, 09:39 PM
Definitely not a waste of time lovely. It might mean that you need a change in dose or something..

Andrew
14-12-17, 09:59 PM
I feel like I did when I was on sertraline. Not being able to switch off and shaking.

Thanks to you and Paula for being there.

Suzi
14-12-17, 10:04 PM
No need to thank us. You'll get through this.

Paula
14-12-17, 10:10 PM
There is potentially wiggle room on the dose, which is something you could talk to your doctor about. Unfortunately, there is no instant fix for this, treatment for depression takes time. You’re dealing with med changes and counselling at the same time, all of which is tough and is going to take its toll. But you’re doing everything you can and this will pass

Andrew
21-12-17, 06:24 PM
Last few days have been okay. Ex and daughter have been poorly so have been looking after them which I really enjoyed. Ex text me last night saying she really appreciated me helping her but we are just friends and that's all we're going to be. I told her I want to talk to her farce to face so going around there tomorrow night. I've made promises before that I'll treat her right but now I mean it. Everything has come to a head these last few months and it made me realise I never appreciated what I had. I'm going to put my point across that I've changed and have grown up.

Finish work at 8pm tonight then need to wrap all my present for my daughter tonight so I've had a busy day. I feel like if I don't have at least a bit of hope to see me through these next few months I'll start downward spiral again. Wish me luck for tomorrow, I need it.

Suzi
21-12-17, 10:51 PM
I hope it goes as you want it to, but remember she needs time to heal too lovely...

Andrew
24-12-17, 05:39 PM
I've been friend zoned.

Bought my daughter and my ex pyjamas to put on tonight. Ex has rang saying thank you but she doesn't feel right getting them from me.

I'm at work atm but struggling today. Feel so alone and can't wait till other staff members go. I just want to cry. I knew Christmas would be hard.

Paula
24-12-17, 08:42 PM
Yeah, it was always going to be, I’m afraid (panda)

Suzi
24-12-17, 09:38 PM
(bear) I'm sorry lovely...

Andrew
28-12-17, 02:19 PM
Feel like everyone is living their lives and I'm just stuck here. I know I need to go out and try to enjoy myself but I just want to be at home. When I'm with people I want to be by myself. When I'm by myself I want to be with people.

I've been kidding myself the last month or 2 thinking their was a chance of me and my ex getting back together. Now it's confirmed we're definitely not I miss having the bit of hope.

I wake up everyday and within 2 mins I have the feeling of my heart is sunken and i spend my days reminiscing. Even just driving in the car with her. Wishing I could go back and change things.

Everyone is saying I need to move on. Including her. But how do you if you're feeling so low. This has went on nearly 7 months now. I just don't see a future and I'm absolutely sick of living my life like this and having these low feelings constantly.

Suzi
28-12-17, 08:08 PM
Sorry remind me - are you having counselling? Have you thought about relationship counselling - it might help?

Andrew
28-12-17, 08:43 PM
Yes I'm having counselling. First session was a few weeks ago next one is 4th Jan.

She definitely won't do relationship counselling. That ship has sailed.

Suzi
28-12-17, 10:24 PM
Maybe she wont, but you can go on your own. It might help?

Andrew
12-01-18, 08:43 PM
Carl few days.

Anniversary of our relationship starting today. 4 years ago on the 10th we found out she was pregnant. Exciting and wonderful times. Was on top of the world then.

Spent the last few days just constantly reminiscing wishing so much I could turn back the clock.

Counselling seems like a waste of time. I'm getting no answers and I feel as bad now as I have ever done. I'm up to 45mg of mitrazapine. Life is just such a drag.

Suzi
12-01-18, 09:37 PM
Counselling isn't a waste of time lovely.
(bear) for the anniversary.
How long have you been on the new dose?

Paula
12-01-18, 09:39 PM
Counselling is not an overnight solution and it’s bloody hard work - it’s definitely a case of it gets worse before it gets better - but it’s so important to keep going and keep working at it.

Andrew
19-01-18, 09:38 PM
Still feel crap. Just want to go to sleep and never wake up. Feel like that's the only way this pain will stop

Suzi
19-01-18, 10:06 PM
Have you spoken to your Dr recently? What about calling a helpline or getting to A+E if you feel that you might hurt yourself...

Paula
20-01-18, 11:10 AM
(bear) have you had any more counselling sessions?

Andrew
24-01-18, 09:30 PM
I've had 2 counselling session so far. My next one isn't until end of February for to not being able to get time off from work. I didn't know what to expect from counselling. I just blab on for 50 minutes and feel like I don't get any thing back.

I'm on the highest dosage of mitrazapine now. Gp said maybe medication isn't for me if these don't work. I need something stronger. I can't last much longer like this.

Paula
24-01-18, 09:39 PM
Hunni, the increased mirtazapine will take 4-6 weeks to really impact. I don’t know how many ADs you’ve tried but there are a lot of options with meds and sometimes a GP can’t give you all the options that a specialist could. Also, counselling takes time and can get worse before it gets better. What im trying to say is that there are plenty of ways forward with your treatment - it’s just going to take some time (bear)

Suzi
24-01-18, 10:16 PM
As Paula says, there are loads of options with meds etc. If your GP doesn't feel able to help then maybe they could refer you to psych?
Is there any way you could have your counselling sessions more together?