PDA

View Full Version : Miss Sparkles *Triggers*

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Paula
03-09-17, 09:03 PM
I thought it was about time I started a new thread. No prizes for guessing why this particular thread title - thanks Flo ;) and I also thought it was about time I did a full body & mind scan ...... The results - everything (pain, asthma, depression, anxiety) is there but at the moment I'm sort of tolerating it all which, given all of it has flared up over the past few months, I'm grateful for. Tomorrow may be a test though, depending on Luna's blood results.

I do feel, though, that my brain is stagnating and I don't really know what to do about it. I don't do well when my brain isn't occupied. So I need to work out what I can do. New academic year, new challenge, I hope

I just want to say how grateful I am to all of you. DWD has given me a lifeline so many times over the years, I've lost count. And particularly over the last few months. You're all awesome!

Angie
03-09-17, 09:21 PM
Will be thinking of you tomorrow hunni xxx

Suzi
03-09-17, 10:28 PM
Loving the new title! When are you going to hear about Luna? Will be with you as much as we can lovely x

Paula
03-09-17, 10:36 PM
Some time tomorrow, not sure when

OldMike
04-09-17, 09:15 AM
Hi Miss Sparkles (hi), keeping everything crossed about Luna's results (bear)

Suzi
04-09-17, 12:00 PM
Any news?

purplefan
04-09-17, 01:57 PM
Hope luna is okay paula. Loving the new thread name.

Paula
04-09-17, 01:59 PM
No news. Have been distracting with cross stitch and am now off for a pedi ......

purplefan
04-09-17, 02:09 PM
Everybody is getting into cross stitchin these days. I might give it a go. Have fun at the pedicure paula.

Paula
04-09-17, 04:46 PM
I've been cross stitching since I was 12 or so, I think and I've done some huge and complicated pictures. I think I'm pretty good at it and am grateful my friend and I were able to figure out how I could do it one handed.

I've rang and left a message at the vets at 2pm and 4pm. Apparently the results came in on Saturday. Starting to get (swear)(swear)(swear)(swear)ed off now

Oh and dvla have sent me a request to do another medical questionnaire, identical to the first and I can't call them because I'm waiting for the vets! :@

S deleted
04-09-17, 04:50 PM
I had to do that too with DVLA, the duplicate form filling. I think there is a slight difference to the forms but it's a bit blooming annoying anyway.

Paula
04-09-17, 04:59 PM
Thanks, that makes me feel better :)

Angie
04-09-17, 05:28 PM
I would be ringing now hunni they should be giving you the results if they have them back already.

I hate dealing with DVLA at times yet at other times its easy.

Suzi
04-09-17, 07:24 PM
Any news?

Paula
04-09-17, 08:41 PM
Just heard. There's a slight issue which might indicate early renal disease. There's also an indication of hypothyroid. Neither of which make sense with the weight loss though the thyroid test can sometimes indicate another underlying problem, giving a false result. The other tests came back normal. So we need to investigate further starting with a urine sample to look for proteins. If that doesn't flag anything we'll do more in depth thyroid investigations. If that isn't it, we may have to get ultrasound of her abdomen looking for tumours.

Angie
04-09-17, 08:44 PM
Oh sweetie xx

Paula
04-09-17, 08:57 PM
She's old ....

Suzi
04-09-17, 09:50 PM
Oh hunni.. How are you feeling?

Angie
04-09-17, 10:07 PM
I know she is getting on but it doesnt stop the worry,

Paula
04-09-17, 10:15 PM
Oh hunni.. How are you feeling?

Sick, stressed, scared

Angie
04-09-17, 10:22 PM
(panda)

OldMike
05-09-17, 01:03 AM
(bear) (panda)

Flo
05-09-17, 07:24 AM
Good morning O Blinged One!....poor Luna. Thyroid problems are a swine to deal with.....I'm sure they'll get to the bottom of it. My neighbour's cat takes thyroid medication. What about you though? Getting through things a day at a time?.....how's Jess getting on? xx

Paula
05-09-17, 08:27 AM
Jess is ok, spending most of her day in her room but that's teenagers ;) she starts college next Tuesday. Me? I'm coping, thanks love

Suzi
05-09-17, 10:17 AM
Sick, stressed, scared
I wish I could fix it all for you...

Paula
05-09-17, 03:35 PM
I wish I could fix it all for you...

I know. My immediate worry is how the hell im going to get a wee sample .....

S deleted
05-09-17, 03:36 PM
Have to get si on the job and catch her on a walk

Paula
05-09-17, 03:48 PM
He'll have to take the kids with him to hold onto them both while he does it. I'm giggling just thinking of that struggle ;)

Angie
05-09-17, 07:10 PM
oh boy that is going to be fun erm not, but watching will probably be a giggle, shame you cant video the attempt to show us

Flo
05-09-17, 08:08 PM
I know. My immediate worry is how the hell im going to get a wee sample .....

Well I have to admit that crossed my mind too!!(giggle)

Suzi
05-09-17, 09:45 PM
Quick in with a bowl and just hope he catches? (rofl)(rofl)(rofl)

Paula
05-09-17, 10:18 PM
(rofl)

Suzi
06-09-17, 08:29 AM
Has he managed it yet? (rofl)

Paula
06-09-17, 09:04 AM
Lol no but he tells me he'll get it sorted today ;)

OldMike
06-09-17, 10:17 AM
He'll have to take the kids with him to hold onto them both while he does it. I'm giggling just thinking of that struggle ;)

Rather Si than me, I can just see Si coming home dripping in wee and saying "I got it, just need to wring these jeans in to a bottle and we have a sample" (rofl)

Paula
06-09-17, 04:52 PM
It's been a good day today - I got a tax rebate in the post and ...... crap something else happened but I can't tell you yet! ;).

Angie
06-09-17, 05:44 PM
Glad today has been a good day for you x

Suzi
06-09-17, 07:43 PM
What happened???????

Flo
07-09-17, 09:26 AM
Morning Mrs Bling! Glad you had a good day yesterday...it's so good to hear! Have another one today.....call it a BOGOF!!(giggle)

Paula
07-09-17, 09:35 AM
I had a splitting headache last night but thank god it's gone ..... it's a busy one today - my cars being serviced (but I don't have to lay cos it's a motability car), the cleaner's here council are coming out to raise the height of my sofa (whew)

Paula
07-09-17, 10:07 AM
I've just admitted defeat and booked an appointment with the osteopath. My lower back and neck are now constantly hurting rather than just flaring when I do too much. The main problem is my crutches but I can't do anything about that so it's off to the bone cruncher

magie06
07-09-17, 10:11 AM
Good luck with that Paula. Sounds nearly worse than the complaint.

OldMike
07-09-17, 11:37 AM
...council are coming out to raise the height of my sofa (whew)

Hope they do a good job and don't just stick bricks under each corner.

Suzi
07-09-17, 08:58 PM
How's the sofa? When's the bone cruncher?
Are you resting?

Paula
07-09-17, 09:49 PM
the sofa is great, a huge difference from something seemingly so minor. The bone cruncher is on 26th. I wanted to see someone in particular so had to wait for a free appointment. Resting? Sort of. But tomorrow's pretty much free so I can take it easy.

Good news today .... Si's got his permanent contract in his hand and will be starting 2 October (happy)

Suzi
08-09-17, 08:58 AM
That is good news about the sofa lovely. I'm really pleased for you.

OldMike
08-09-17, 11:03 AM
Glad they sorted your sofa Paula :)

Good news that Si has got a permanent contract.

magie06
08-09-17, 11:43 AM
It's brilliant news about the permanent contract. And I'm glad the sofa worked out.

Angie
08-09-17, 05:32 PM
Glad that its ok with the sofa hunni and brilliant about Si and the contract xx

Paula
08-09-17, 06:35 PM
My back really hurts, it's almost competing with the CRPS in intensity. So tonight I will be mostly (as Flo says) slobbing and getting waited on ;)

Suzi
08-09-17, 06:55 PM
What? You are going to rest? Bloody hell! :)

Flo
08-09-17, 07:01 PM
Wozzup Blingers!......yeah...slobbing out is the answer...providing you have your slob out gear on like me!...my cousin has hers on too and is munching on olives so she says. Are you allowed a couple of glasses of wine? That might help you wind down.(bear)

Paula
08-09-17, 07:15 PM
Allowed wine? I never asked the question so I can't disobey ;).

Hey all, I'm surprised I haven't been quizzed about the big news (giggle)

Suzi
08-09-17, 07:41 PM
Well are you going to tell us? My mind is running wild! Tell us!

Paula
08-09-17, 08:38 PM
Ah I was obviously too subtle putting it in at the bottom of my fab 5's (giggle)

Mum and dad put their house on the market 2 weeks ago, expecting that it probably would take two years to sell. It's sold straight away to someone who's wanting a completion date by mid October! They're moving down south - Isle of Wight - so will be nearby again :) And an extra bonus is, until they find somewhere to live, they'll be staying at a friend's place in Basingstoke, where I live (party). They're (almost) coming home!

S deleted
08-09-17, 08:41 PM
I didn't need to ask ;)

magie06
08-09-17, 08:43 PM
That is brilliant news Paula. I hope everything goes to plan.

Angie
08-09-17, 08:59 PM
Brilliant news hunni xx

OldMike
08-09-17, 10:33 PM
That's great news Paula :)

Suzi
08-09-17, 11:00 PM
I love the Isle of Wight! So pleased!!!

Paula
09-09-17, 12:35 PM
Si and I have been out this morning to buy me a new wedding ring. I had looked at one in particular without Si there but we both saw a style today we preferred. It has been commissioned..... Si needs to lie down now though cos it's double the price of the first one (blush). It's a platinum band with 19 channel set diamonds three quarters of the way round the band. So sparkly and pretty (inlove)

OldMike
09-09-17, 01:59 PM
That sounds absolutely beautiful Paula you lucky girl :)

Angie
09-09-17, 09:43 PM
Awww that sounds lovely xx

Suzi
09-09-17, 10:32 PM
Wow! You are so lucky! :)

Paula
09-09-17, 10:47 PM
Aren't I just ;)

Paula
10-09-17, 12:24 PM
I'm finding it very hard to stay awake today, no idea why. Still sitting here in my nightie - what a lovely picture for you all ;)

Angie
10-09-17, 12:26 PM
Hey take a duvet day with some films etc

S deleted
10-09-17, 12:31 PM
I'm finding it very hard to stay awake today, no idea why. Still sitting here in my nightie - what a lovely picture for you all ;)

You're not alone trying to keep your eyes open. I do know why lol

magie06
10-09-17, 12:58 PM
No harm to take an easy day every now and again. Maybe this is your bodies way of saying - I'm taking today off!

Paula
10-09-17, 04:40 PM
I've been enjoying a day with Benedict Cumberbach :)

Suzi
10-09-17, 04:53 PM
I'm struggling to stay awake too....
Hope you've enjoyed your day with Mr Cumberbatch!

Flo
11-09-17, 09:53 AM
I've been enjoying a day with Benedict Cumberbach :)

No wonder your tired!!....wouldn't mind a day with him myself!!...he's in a new series isn't he but can't remember the name....duh!.....or maybe you're tired because the weight of your platinum, diamond encrusted ring is dragging you down!!(giggle).....are you going to renew your vows?? (angel)..have a good day love.xx

Paula
11-09-17, 10:14 AM
No, we're not renewing our vows. I've developed reactions to certain metals and my ring finger became blistered. Platinum is the only metal used in jewellery that has a very high content of the metal (95% as opposed to 25% with gold). So, I'll just have to put up with being weighed down with platinum and diamonds (giggle). Si doesn't believe in renewing vows, he says he's already made those vows and they were for life so there's no need to renew them.

I know why I was so tired yesterday. I'm absolutely full of cold :(

OldMike
11-09-17, 11:55 AM
Being lavished with diamonds and platinum jewellery, such is the burden of being Miss Sparkles ;)

Hope your cold soon gets better Paula (bear)

Paula
11-09-17, 12:48 PM
I know, Mike, it's a tough job and all that ;)

This afternoon, I'm having an eye test, need to go to the bank and I need to deliver a wee sample to the vet. What a glamorous life I lead lol

S deleted
11-09-17, 01:05 PM
How did you manage to get the sample in the end?

purplefan
11-09-17, 01:18 PM
A new weding ring. My mum had an alergic reaction to her ring so she had to wear it round her neck. Hope the wee dug is okay and you got the sample.

Suzi
11-09-17, 02:23 PM
Hope the eye test and the sample dropping off goes well...

Paula
11-09-17, 04:43 PM
How did you manage to get the sample in the end?

Si held a lunchbox under her when he took them out for a walk. I would have given my right arm to see that (giggle)

My eyes have changed again (I last got new glasses 9months ago) but this time my right eye has improved! Still means new glasses though and, as I get varifocals, they're expensive. To add insult to injury, she's had to refer me to the eye clinic as there's wavy blood vessels at the back of my eye. It's probably nothing, may be BP related though unlikely so I'll get that checked, there could be a few other reasons.

I feel snotty and groggy :/

Suzi
11-09-17, 05:59 PM
Sorry you're snotty and grotty, but woohoo for new specs! Definitely get it checked out hunni... Then go and rest and take your snotty tissues with you... *passes the olbas oil*

Paula
11-09-17, 07:31 PM
*snatches olbas oil with much gratitude*

Suzi
11-09-17, 08:40 PM
*passes really soft tissues*

Angie
11-09-17, 10:04 PM
Think something is in the air as I have an eye test this saturday, I get them free for life but not glasses, but work is paying for the glass for me so thats a bonus

Paula
11-09-17, 10:18 PM
I do get free eye tests and some money towards glasses which helps. And the opticians felt sorry for me having to buy yet more glasses (I think I've spent c£800 in the last year) so they gave me a further 10% off. Still £250 though

Angie
11-09-17, 10:58 PM
Ouch, my mother has glaucoma so my eye tests are always free, but at least work will pay for the glasses as am using vdus and computers all day. at least your optitians has helped a bit xx

S deleted
11-09-17, 11:07 PM
How much?! Holy cow! That's a lot of money to spend on glasses. I spent £30 and that was enough to last me at least a year, maybe two

Suzi
12-09-17, 08:40 AM
Ouch! Thing is you have to have them, so you might as well get ones you like!

OldMike
12-09-17, 09:09 AM
Just out of interest I totaled the amount I spent on glasses last year it came to £732. I had 2 pairs of distance glasses (one spare pair), 2 pairs of intermediate glasses (one spare pair), one pair of reactolight (spelling) distance/sunglasses. I didn't get any reading glasses as I've already got two older pairs of readers which I rarely use as I read without glasses (just need to hold it a couple of inches from my nose).

purplefan
12-09-17, 09:40 AM
That is day light robbery for the glasses. I had to get two pair last year but i have no idea how much they cost. I even asked my son to get them. If i knew i would have paid myslef.

Hope you are well this morning Paula.

magie06
12-09-17, 11:45 AM
I get my eye test and glasses free of charge. But if Gerry or Aisling needed glasses they would have to pay. I'm considered the sick person in this family therefore I have a medical card, and get my glasses free with it. I could buy expensive glasses frames and get my prescription put into them, but the free frames are just fine.

Flo
12-09-17, 12:08 PM
Morning Paula!.....coo! woddalodda dosh for glasses. I've only ever bought 1 pair of designer frames, and within a month the lens on one side had fallen out! I get my eyes tested at the glaucoma clinic, but for reading, I have to go through the whole performance again with an optician! Mind you I couldn't do much without them.

Paula
12-09-17, 03:52 PM
Tbh about 70% of the cost is the varifocal prescriptions I have, i don't get expensive frames really.

Sorry I've been quiet, I feel awful today - full of cold, ache everywhere, struggling with asthma. And it was Jess's first day at college so I took her and picked her up (she's getting the bus from here on).

I'm going to go to bed now, I think ;)

Jaquaia
12-09-17, 03:54 PM
Plenty of fluids and rest. Hope you feel better soon (panda)

Suzi
12-09-17, 04:51 PM
Did she enjoy college?

Are you resting?

Paula
13-09-17, 09:04 AM
Jess loved college :). Still feeling rough, I rested/slept yesterday and will do today, except I have to take Luna to the vet.

Angie
13-09-17, 09:10 AM
Hope Luna gets on ok at the vets hunni, glad Jess enjoyed college, try and rest when you can x

purplefan
13-09-17, 09:35 AM
Morning paula. Hope the new glasses are going okay? Are they x ray ones you know the ones you get in the back of comics. Hope you have a good day. How is the Bible study going on?

OldMike
13-09-17, 10:13 AM
Hope all goes well at the vets with Luna (bear)

Suzi
13-09-17, 10:15 AM
Hope the vets is a good appointment lovely.

Paula
13-09-17, 07:59 PM
Hope the vets is a good appointment lovely.

It was, finally. Her weight has stayed the same in the last two weeks, the vet gave me a double appt so she can really check everything over. There's no obvious tumours, her heart and lungs are strong. Just to cover all bases, she given her a 3 day intensive course of a anti parisitic and I'll take her back for a weigh in in a month

I had an asthma attack today, while I was driving. That was very scary ....

magie06
13-09-17, 08:45 PM
Oh no!! Are you okay now? Did you pull over? Were you safe? What about an inhaler? I hope you had one with you.

Paula
13-09-17, 08:54 PM
I was on a junction leading on to the motorway so couldn't pull over. Jess got my inhaler out and I used it while I was still driving, fortunately there was a bit of traffic so I was driving slowly. I came home and slept for hours, not surprisingly

magie06
13-09-17, 09:28 PM
OMG. I hope you've made a doctors appointment.

Paula
13-09-17, 09:30 PM
I'm not intending to. My asthmas normally under control but it's just been aggravated by my cold. I will book my flu jab though

magie06
13-09-17, 09:34 PM
I got my flu jab today. My doctor got a bit carried away with the chat and seemed to go a little bit harder than normal. I've a sore arm after it.

Suzi
13-09-17, 09:58 PM
Omg that's so scary! I'm glad you had Jess with you to get you your inhaler! Please, lovely, rest.

Paula
13-09-17, 10:07 PM
I am. I've cancelled my plans to see the curate tomorrow. All I've got on the calendar is the cleaner and binge watching Castle season 2

Suzi
13-09-17, 10:24 PM
Good. Very sensible!

Paula
14-09-17, 10:36 AM
Duvet day. I didn't get much sleep last night as was coughing my guts up. Though at least I can sleep, poor Si has to go to work .... apologies if my temper is a little short :/

magie06
14-09-17, 10:38 AM
Thank you for realising that you need the day off. Take care of yourself and for gods sake mind that cough.

Suzi
14-09-17, 01:10 PM
Lots of liquids, take what you can and need to and rest.

Paula
15-09-17, 08:54 PM
My hearings gone now, my lips are all chapped and blistered and my nose is chapped ...... feeling decidedly sorry for myself tonight :(

I've got a meeting on Monday with my housegroup leaders to talk about why I'm leaving. The Pastoral Coordinator (also Jess's godmother and a dear friend) is coming with me and has already spoken to the leaders. I spoke to her today and she believes they completely misunderstood my concerns. I'm nervous but I can only go and see what happens. They're lovely people and I don't want to lose them as friends.

I'm looking at some dead roses in a vase and I havent got the energy to get rid of them but am strangely unable to ask Si to do it. I know that's irrational but it's how I feel tonight

Suzi
15-09-17, 10:20 PM
I really hope that you don't stress too much about that meeting - I know I would struggle with it.
Do you know why you don't think you can ask Si?
Hope you feel better tomorrow lovely.

Paula
15-09-17, 10:49 PM
Erm, it's only flowers but I'm very conscious that he's been working 12 hour days all week and when he comes home I'm lying uselessly on the sofa and he's the one who's doing dinner, sorting the dogs out, tidying up the house. It just feels like one more thing I shouldn't have to burden him with. And, yes, I know I'm not feeling well but it doesn't stop me feeling guilty itms

Suzi
16-09-17, 10:45 AM
I understand that... But rationally you are ill, and if it was the other way round you wouldn't think of it as a burden at all and so I'm sure he wouldn't either!

Hope you're feeling at least a little brighter today lovely x

Paula
16-09-17, 11:18 AM
I don't feel quite so lethargic. I think I'm getting better and my voice is definitely better. I'm still doubling up on my preventer inhaler as I still had to use the reliever a couple of times yesterday My ears are clogged up, although that's not always a bad thing when you've got teenagers ;)

I've asked Si to carry the vase into the kitchen for me .... and he took me into the opticians to pick up my new glasses. I love them! And, no, I'm not taking a pic when my lips and nose are red and chapped ;)

S deleted
16-09-17, 11:23 AM
Just a pic of the specs will do then lol

Paula
16-09-17, 01:55 PM
A la Eric morecambe? ;)

S deleted
16-09-17, 02:13 PM
Yeah why not.

Paula
16-09-17, 02:38 PM
https://thumb.ibb.co/cRJYg5/IMG_1556.jpg (https://ibb.co/cRJYg5)

S deleted
16-09-17, 02:50 PM
They really wouldn't suit Eric Morcombe but I bet they look good on you.

Paula
16-09-17, 04:26 PM
Im much more pleased than I was with my other pair. Which, as I hate wearing glasses, is the best you're going to get ;)

Suzi
16-09-17, 05:18 PM
oo they're lovely!
I've got my new specs and Fern has her new ones too! :)

Angie
16-09-17, 06:32 PM
They look lovely xx

Paula
17-09-17, 09:51 AM
I feel pretty rough - I can barely hear, have got earache, coughing for England and I've pulled muscles I didnt know I had muscles. I hate colds .....

S deleted
17-09-17, 09:55 AM
Sounds like a pretty nasty cold.

OldMike
17-09-17, 10:44 AM
(bear) (panda)

Angie
17-09-17, 10:48 AM
Hunni it might be worth seeing your gp or if you really dont want to how about a pharmasist ?

Paula
17-09-17, 11:08 AM
A pharmacist won't go near me because of the lithium. I'm going to see how I feel tomorrow. I'm fairly certain the dr will only tell me it's a virus, they can't do anything, go home, rest and drink lots. But my ear does hurt ...

Flo
17-09-17, 11:24 AM
Feeling any better today love?.....sounds like you have a nasty one there. Strangely enough I'm going to see the dr next Friday about my ear..it's not right. Keep getting stabbing pains in it. It's the one with the perforated eardrum. Can't hear too well with it...love your glasses,....try and have a good day today.xx

Angie
17-09-17, 12:19 PM
It might be worth getting checked hunni xxx

Paula
17-09-17, 06:40 PM
I'll see how it goes

S deleted
17-09-17, 07:21 PM
Hey, you know your own body and I trust that you will do what is right for you. Love ya loads

Suzi
17-09-17, 08:23 PM
Oh hunni, hope you're feeling at least a little better...

Paula
17-09-17, 09:58 PM
I asked Si if he thinks I need the dr. He said to wait a couple of days - and I trust his judgement on my health. I've cancelled my meeting for tomorrow. I need all my strength for that

Suzi
18-09-17, 08:44 AM
Oh hunni... Are you feeling any better this morning?

Paula
18-09-17, 10:51 AM
I'm still partly deaf but my ears don't hurt quite as much. Still coughing my guts up. More rest today and hope I'm over the worst of it.

Angie
18-09-17, 10:58 AM
Hope so hunni xx

Suzi
18-09-17, 01:54 PM
Hope you are, sounds horrible!

OldMike
19-09-17, 11:14 AM
Hope you're past the worse with your cold Paula (bear) (panda)

S deleted
19-09-17, 12:12 PM
How ya feeling today? Any better?

Jaquaia
19-09-17, 04:46 PM
Is it safe to pop my head in or you still got the lurgy? ;)

Suzi
19-09-17, 10:00 PM
I'm hoping that you've either been resting or been to the Drs... and then resting.

S deleted
19-09-17, 11:21 PM
You're quiet. I don't like it when you're quiet. You ok?

Suzi
20-09-17, 09:00 AM
I'm going to start harassing her by text if we don't hear from her soon!

Flo
20-09-17, 09:28 AM
Morning Mrs Bling!.....how are things today?(panda)

OldMike
20-09-17, 10:56 AM
Hi Miss Sparkles, I'l just leave you a triple hug (bear)(bear)(bear)

Suzi
20-09-17, 05:11 PM
Paula's still feeling rubbish with her cold, so she's taking a few days out to rest and recuperate.

Flo
21-09-17, 08:57 AM
Very sensible!....get well soon Paula. (panda)

Paula
27-09-17, 04:18 PM
Hiya all. I’m just popping my head round the door today but will catch up with you all over the next few days ;)

So sorry I’ve been awol but it’s really been a nasty flu and I’m only just now coming out of it - my hearings still muffled and balance is off but I’m coughing less and have more energy at last

I had to go up to the hospital for my eye appointment today. The nerves at the back of my eye are swollen. They took my BP and it was high at 184/113 so that may be the cause (I’ve been instructed to see my GP this week) though there is a chance it could be increased fluid in my brain so I need an mri and they may need to refer me to neurology.

Surprisingly, though, I’m pretty upbeat :)

Jaquaia
27-09-17, 04:27 PM
Glad to hear you're doing better lovely. You've been missed (panda)

S deleted
27-09-17, 04:46 PM
Hey hey, glad to see you back. This place ain't the same without you.

Suzi
27-09-17, 05:40 PM
Bugger about the pressure, but it is good to see you back!

OldMike
27-09-17, 09:07 PM
Good that you're on the mend, I'm so glad to see you back Paula (bear) (panda)

Paula
28-09-17, 12:19 PM
My conversation with the dr yesterday involved the words ‘monitor your bp and if it gets any higher, you need to call 111’. That did concern me a little ....... I’ve got a Drs appt at 2 today.

More news on mum and dad’s move - they should be completing up north in a couple of weeks and they’ve had an offer accepted on a bungalow on the Isle of Wight a couple of days ago. So it’s all go (party)(party)

magie06
28-09-17, 01:06 PM
Wow! Your mum and dad have had a busy few weeks.

Try to keep an eye on that blood pressure, it's one of those things that I don't actually have. I'm normally on the low side of normal.

S deleted
28-09-17, 01:11 PM
I never had high blood pressure in my life until around the time I was diagnosed with diabetes.

purplefan
28-09-17, 01:40 PM
Really pleased that your mum and dad got an offer on the bungalow. According to holmes under the hammer bungalows are sought after houses.

Flo
28-09-17, 02:08 PM
My conversation with the dr yesterday involved the words ‘monitor your bp and if it gets any higher, you need to call 111’. That did concern me a little ....... I’ve got a Drs appt at 2 today.

More news on mum and dad’s move - they should be completing up north in a couple of weeks and they’ve had an offer accepted on a bungalow on the Isle of Wight a couple of days ago. So it’s all go (party)(party)

Well done with mum and dad's new move....I know he I.O.W. well..I used to live opposite the island...they'll love it! Glad you're feeling a bit better. BP is a pain in the butt! I monitor mine as I have 'white coat' high BP. Try not to worry as that'll put it up! Glad you're on the mend flu wise.xx

Paula
28-09-17, 03:36 PM
Sooooo ...... my Drs appt was at 2pm and when I got there my bp was 179/120. Despite best efforts, the next 3 readings were similar. I’ve been put on Amlodipine straight away. I need to go back for a check up next Thursday when they’ll add beta blockers too. I’ll need to see them every week until it’s stable ...... I’m just very glad I had an eye test as I wouldn’t have had a clue otherwise

OldMike
28-09-17, 04:55 PM
I'm currently on 20 mg Lercanidipine (calcium channel blockers) and 20mg (16mg+4mg) Candesartan (angiotensin II receptor antagonist, a what you may ask) it took many months to get the right meds to reduce my BP.

Paula hope you get your BP meds sorted soon, give those two little doggies (Luna & Polo) a good cuddle as that is supposed to reduce BP (bear) (panda)

Suzi
28-09-17, 06:03 PM
Glad you're being looked after lovely.
Hoorah for the IOW move! I love the IOW. Many, many happy memories attached.

Paula
30-09-17, 06:46 PM
I’ve been staring at my thread for 2 days trying to figure out what to write. I’ve really struggled with my BP diagnosis. It was terrifying knowing how dangerous it was and how seriously the doctors were taking it - there was none of the ‘we’ll keep an eye on it before doing anything’ or ‘you need to make these lifestyle changes’. I feel such a burden on my family.

Suzi
30-09-17, 06:49 PM
You know as well as I do that your family do not see you that way at all. Talk to Si - tell him how you are feeling.
I have struggled with a few dx that I've been given over the years.... Love, listen the fact they are taking it seriously is a good thing. You're being looked after and that's really important.

S deleted
30-09-17, 10:23 PM
I can totally sympathise. I’d never had high bp my entire life but suddenly I was given a Dx of diabetes, followed by high bp and put on cholesterol meds ‘just in case’ all within a few months and to shook me badly. It was so scary that my health seemed to suddenly take a nosedive but you know what? I’m still here. Yeah heavily medicated to get by daily and I totally hate that but I can’t do much about it.

OldMike
01-10-17, 09:13 AM
I’ve been staring at my thread for 2 days trying to figure out what to write. I’ve really struggled with my BP diagnosis. It was terrifying knowing how dangerous it was and how seriously the doctors were taking it - there was none of the ‘we’ll keep an eye on it before doing anything’ or ‘you need to make these lifestyle changes’. I feel such a burden on my family.

High BP is a serious condition, fortunately in my case it was found soon enough, even so I've still got a very enlarged heart due to its effects.

Just follow the guidelines given to you by your doctors and discuss it with Si as to how best you can make the lifestyle changes. (bear) (panda)

Suzi
01-10-17, 11:02 AM
How are you today lovely?

Paula
01-10-17, 01:07 PM
I’m ok. Spent the morning in my dressing gown watching tv ;)

I’ve told Si I want to get away with him for a couple of days. I haven’t had a holiday this year and, with my hand, Jess’s GCSEs, flu and the bp, I feel like I’ve spent the year just trying to catch my breath. I know it sounds ridiculous given I don’t work but I need a break away from everything

S deleted
01-10-17, 01:17 PM
Doesn’t sound ridiculous at all. Time away from the everyday crap is something we all need from time to time

OldMike
01-10-17, 03:17 PM
Not ridiculous in the least a change of venue will do you good, a nice hotel with nice food will do you the world of good (bear)

Suzi
01-10-17, 04:50 PM
Doesn't sound ridiculous at all to me. I'd love it too... I completely understand it. Are you going for a long weekend somewhere?

Paula
01-10-17, 06:07 PM
Probably, I need to figure out where I’d like to go ;)

Suzi
01-10-17, 08:22 PM
The world is your lobster :) Are you planning abroad? UK? Isle of Wight?

Paula
01-10-17, 08:33 PM
Lol I’m not sure IOW would be a rest until they settle ;)

It’d be UK, for a short break long journeys really aren’t worth the hassle. I love Bath but I don’t think Si is up to pushing me up those hills (giggle)

S deleted
01-10-17, 08:35 PM
Worcester is a pretty nice place to visit. I hear one of the city’s residents in particular is rather special ;)

Suzi
01-10-17, 08:45 PM
What things do you want in it? Fantastic hotel? Beach? Shopping?

purplefan
02-10-17, 08:27 AM
Ive been to Worchester and went to the cathedral and the sauce factory. it is a really great place to visit.

OldMike
02-10-17, 10:20 AM
I may be wrong but for you Paula I guess a nice hotel and lots of retail therapy would be the ticket ;)

Paula
02-10-17, 10:46 AM
Worcester is a pretty nice place to visit. I hear one of the city’s residents in particular is rather special ;)

(rofl)

I want a luxury hotel and spa in a town/city where there’s a lot of cultural interest (Stratford is another one of my favourites), but that’s within 2 hours from us - so I don’t spend most of the break recovering from the journey

Flo
02-10-17, 10:50 AM
What about a nice Country House Hotel and Spa? Pampering to the N'th degree....there re plenty of them about...makes a wonderful 4 day break!

OldMike
02-10-17, 10:52 AM

Haha I'm so slow and the penny has dropped (giggle), yup one of its residents is very special :)

Paula
02-10-17, 10:57 AM
What about a nice Country House Hotel and Spa? Pampering to the N'th degree....there re plenty of them about...makes a wonderful 4 day break!

That’s what I’m thinking.

OldMike
02-10-17, 11:01 AM
Yup I'd go with Flo's idea a 4 day spa break. :)

Paula
02-10-17, 03:59 PM
I’ve just found out a friend of mine unexpectedly died yesterday. We don’t have details yet but She wasn’t in hospital (she’s had recent wrist surgery). She was a constant concern as she has been suicidal for a long time .......

magie06
02-10-17, 04:00 PM
That is terrible news. I'll keep her family in my prayers.

Suzi
02-10-17, 04:49 PM
I'm so sorry lovely.. Are you OK?

purplefan
02-10-17, 05:05 PM
Sorry to here that Paula. How are you dong?

OldMike
02-10-17, 05:17 PM
(bear) (panda)

Paula
02-10-17, 06:23 PM
No, not really ok. I’ve been so afraid for her for so long

Jaquaia
02-10-17, 06:34 PM
So sorry lovely. Sending you huge hugs (panda)(panda)(panda)

Suzi
02-10-17, 09:01 PM
Have you heard anything about the circumstances? Sweetheart I wish I could make it better. Many huge hugs and love xx

Paula
02-10-17, 11:24 PM
I’ll hear more tomorrow. She was amazing. Despite severe MH issues and a raft of physical issues, she volunteered at the hospital (where we met), for the Air Ambulance service and was a Peer Support volunteer for our local psych hospital. A force of nature ;(

Flo
03-10-17, 07:00 AM
What a terrible thing. I'm so sorry. She sounds a wonderful human being.(panda)

Paula
03-10-17, 08:42 AM
She died in her sleep but they don’t know yet if it was deliberate so got to wait for the PM. She was young, early 50s ....

S deleted
03-10-17, 08:45 AM
As least it was a peaceful end and she’s do longer suffering with the torment that has plagued her in life.

Suzi
03-10-17, 09:33 AM
Massive hugs lovely. I wish I could take some of the pain away...

OldMike
03-10-17, 10:45 AM
I'm so sorry Paula (bear) (panda)

selena
03-10-17, 04:10 PM
I'm very sorry too, please be strong.

Suzi
03-10-17, 05:55 PM
How are you doing gorgeous?

Paula
03-10-17, 07:12 PM
I’m sad.

Paula
04-10-17, 09:17 AM
The posts on my friends fb account are appearing over and over now. It’s breaking my heart.

Suzi
04-10-17, 09:54 AM
Oh hunni, I'm so sorry..

OldMike
04-10-17, 10:09 AM
(bear) (panda)

Angie
04-10-17, 07:47 PM
I'm so sorry hunni xxx

Flo
05-10-17, 09:34 AM
Morning love.....why not give fb a rest for a bit. You don't want it to make you ill. Remember nice things and smile. Don't upset yourself.(panda)

OldMike
05-10-17, 10:18 AM
Paula I'd give FB a rest if the posts are too upsetting. (panda)

Suzi
05-10-17, 12:33 PM
How are you gorgeous lady?

Paula
05-10-17, 01:59 PM
Well, I’ve been to see the nurse for my bp check up. It’s lower than it was but not as low as it should be so my dose of amlopidine has been doubled and I go back in a week for another check up. I had my flu jab and had bloods taken to check the new meds aren’t changing my lithium levels.

OldMike
05-10-17, 04:48 PM
Main thing is your BP is heading in the right direction so hopefully in another week it'll be nearer the target value. (bear)

Suzi
05-10-17, 09:12 PM
But how are YOU?

Paula
05-10-17, 09:43 PM
Low but coping

Suzi
06-10-17, 08:34 AM
Oh hunni, is there anything I can do to help?

Paula
06-10-17, 08:59 AM
Thank you but I’ll be ok. Going out for coffee with a friend today so hope that’ll cheer me up :)

OldMike
06-10-17, 09:18 AM
Have a great time having coffee with your friend Paula (panda)

S deleted
06-10-17, 11:12 AM
Don’t make me call you with my terrible jokes lol

Paula
06-10-17, 03:14 PM
Was out a lot longer than I expected. I’m shattered but it was lovely :) just what the dr ordered

magie06
06-10-17, 03:15 PM
That's great news. It's always good to catch up with friends.

OldMike
06-10-17, 04:31 PM
Was out a lot longer than I expected. I’m shattered but it was lovely :) just what the dr ordered

Brilliant Paula like you said just what the doc ordered. :)

Suzi
06-10-17, 05:12 PM
Glad you had a good day lovely..

Paula
07-10-17, 10:06 AM
I’m struggling today. Everyone I watch, read, hear is making me grit my teeth. I just want to scream ‘you think you’ve got it bad???’ To everyone. But I know I dont mean that, it’s not like me.

Flo
07-10-17, 10:17 AM
Don't worry about it...we all have times like that...it's called human fragility!(panda)

OldMike
07-10-17, 10:56 AM
We all have days like that Paula, just take it an hour at a time and be kind to yourself (panda)

Suzi
07-10-17, 12:38 PM
Completely agree that it's something that everyone feels now and again... I'm sorry you are feeling like this though (bear)(bear)

S deleted
07-10-17, 04:38 PM
Sorry if I’ve added to your frustration at all

Paula
07-10-17, 05:48 PM
Sorry if I’ve added to your frustration at all

Of course not! It’s fb mainly

An I’m in major flare up now

Suzi
07-10-17, 07:39 PM
Oh hunni, I'm sorry... .Flare ups are a bitch. Hope it passes really soon...

Wanna talk about fb?

purplefan
08-10-17, 08:55 AM
Just thinking of philipians 4:13 there paula. I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

No matter what your situation. God is always there and I will pray for you that you get a bit of energy today.
Wishing you a very happy and fulfilling day.

Paula
08-10-17, 09:16 AM
Wanna talk about fb?

No, thanks anyway. It’s not a big deal, I’m just ultra sensitive at the moment. I’m trying to unfollow anyone that’s a particular trigger right now.

Having my hair today, which will cheer me up, I’m sure :)

Jaquaia
08-10-17, 11:29 AM
Cut or colour?

OldMike
08-10-17, 11:52 AM
I think a subtle shade of pink would suit you Paula :)

Paula
08-10-17, 12:28 PM
Cut or colour?

Both. More layers in my now angled bob. Now a dark reddy brunette- not dissimilar from my natural (without grey) colour so Si will be made up ;)

I think a subtle shade of pink would suit you Paula :)

I’ve not been pink but have had a plummy purple sort of colour in the past ;)

Suzi
08-10-17, 01:10 PM
Do we get pics?

Paula
08-10-17, 06:30 PM
Maybe when it’s light but don’t count on it ;)

Suzi
08-10-17, 08:46 PM
Pfft!!

S deleted
08-10-17, 08:47 PM
Photo no photo I'm sure you look fab

Jaquaia
08-10-17, 09:13 PM
She always does! Our Paula is super glam! ;)

S deleted
08-10-17, 09:37 PM
She really is. Beautiful inside and out.

Jaquaia
08-10-17, 09:43 PM
Couldn't have said it better :)

Flo
09-10-17, 07:27 AM
Ooh!.....love the sound of it! I just love different!

OldMike
09-10-17, 10:16 AM
Don't be modest Paula I bet you look gorgeous (bear)

Paula
09-10-17, 10:23 AM
Thank you guys (blush)

https://preview.ibb.co/cTbGrG/0186_DDCC_1003_417_C_ABC5_E776_E043486_C.jpg (https://ibb.co/e0CpBG)
multiple image hosting (https://imgbb.com/)

Jaquaia
09-10-17, 10:27 AM
Beautiful!

purplefan
09-10-17, 10:30 AM
Hi paula. How are you today? I think Lilac is a nice colour. or how about Red?

S deleted
09-10-17, 11:06 AM
See...gorgeous as always

OldMike
09-10-17, 12:28 PM
Gorgeous love the colour and style <3

magie06
09-10-17, 01:11 PM
You look beautiful.

Paula
09-10-17, 01:54 PM
You’re all making me blush ;)

Suzi
09-10-17, 06:04 PM
So......... how are you doing? Honestly?

Paula
09-10-17, 08:20 PM
I’ve had a lot of being honest tonight. I saw my housegroup leaders to talk about the issues we had and i was completely honest. I 3ven admitted, to them that I’m rubbish at admitting I need help. I cried, a lot, and am now completely exhausted so have come home and poured myself a vodka ....

Suzi
09-10-17, 08:36 PM
I am so glad you were able to talk to them about it. How did it go? Did they appreciate your point of view?