PDA

View Full Version : Miss Sparkles *Triggers*

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Paula
23-11-17, 10:28 PM
She needs to be at home for 2 weeks then gradual recovery. Thankfully, it’s just before the Christmas break so she will miss less days. She was saying earlier about not being allowed to go on a plane for 3 months - not that she had any flight plans anyway ;). They’re building her a new ear drum so it’s delicate.

Suzi
23-11-17, 10:33 PM
I think it's fascinating and absolutely awe inspiring what can be done. It's amazing. At least she'll be at home recovering and will have time to focus on healing.

OldMike
24-11-17, 06:36 PM
Poor Jess it's the waiting that gets to you for things like operations, once she gets her ear sorted and can begin the recovery process then it should all start to get better.

magie06
24-11-17, 11:31 PM
The worst thing is the waiting. It's going to seem like months before the 11th of December. The only thing that you can do is try to act as normal as possible.
How is your ankle? I hope the swelling has gone completely and that it's a bit easier to get around. Thinking of you and just letting you know that I missed you during the week.

Paula
25-11-17, 12:00 AM
Ankles good, ta, after 2 hours of icing (which I should have done in the first place ;))

It’s so good to see you !

Suzi
25-11-17, 11:38 AM
How are you doing today Mrs Sparkles?

OldMike
25-11-17, 12:55 PM
Hi Miss Sparkles, er I mean Princess Sparkles please forgive me for addressing you as a commoner and not addressing you with the full regal splendor you truly deserve, please don't put me in the stocks for such an oversight your highness ;) (giggle)

I'm glad your ankle is improving. (bear)

Paula
25-11-17, 01:22 PM
Ooo I like Princess Sparkles! You are forgiven Commoner Mike ;)

Paula
25-11-17, 01:28 PM
How are you doing today Mrs Sparkles?

Sorry, Suzi, completely missed this when I replied to Mike (blush). I’m good, especially as, after 2 years of plumbers looking at my broken en suite toilet, shaking their heads, muttering and not coming back to us, we finally have it fixed!

Suzi
25-11-17, 01:45 PM
That's OK, I was just taking it personally and ended in the corner crying........ or not. Glad that you're good lovely. Well done for the en suite being fixed - what caused it?

Paula
25-11-17, 02:44 PM
(rofl). The problem was simple but the loo is built in to the wall and it was impossible to get at. And a plumber came a few weeks ago, made it worse then never came back to us!

Paula
25-11-17, 04:19 PM
Despite talking about it for years, now that it might be happening soon I’ve suddenly got twitchy about moving house. Partly, I think, because I still love my house and, if it wasn’t for my health, I wouldn’t want to move. Partly because mum and dad are having such nightmares with their move, it’s scaring me a little. I’d forgotten how hellish the process is ......

Suzi
25-11-17, 05:18 PM
I can understand that. I hate, hate, hate moving house. You'd stay local to where you are I'd assume? Are you actively looking or just thinking about it atm?

Paula
25-11-17, 05:37 PM
We’re sorting out stuff that needs decorating to prepare the house to go on the market, now that Si has a perm job. I can’t even begin to think about how I’m going to manage viewings .....

OldMike
25-11-17, 06:10 PM
We’re sorting out stuff that needs decorating to prepare the house to go on the market, now that Si has a perm job. I can’t even begin to think about how I’m going to manage viewings .....

Just read that as Si has a perm(anent wave), I thought he'll be having a blue rinse next (giggle)

Glad the loo is sorted.

Cue a joke:
The loo was stolen from the local police station. After investigation the police have nothing to go on (giggle)

I'm lucky I've only moved house once and then I was only 13, I left my old house and went to school and returned to my new house (new house it is 57 years old as was built 1960 which was when we moved in).

You may have mentioned it but have you seen a prospective new house you'd like to move in to?

Paula
25-11-17, 06:16 PM
No particular house, it just has to be easier for me to live in .... I’ve actually lived in 10 different houses in the first (almost) 44 years of my life. I’ve lived in this house for 14 years, over double the amount of time I’ve lived anywhere else because I love the house and never wanted to move again.

magie06
25-11-17, 07:34 PM
A house is made from bricks and stone,
A home is made from love alone.

No matter where you move to you will make your house into a loving home for you and your family.

Suzi
25-11-17, 08:08 PM
A house is made from bricks and stone,
A home is made from love alone.

No matter where you move to you will make your house into a loving home for you and your family.
Magie, that's beautiful.

Paula
25-11-17, 09:29 PM
Thank you, Magie, that has really helped :)

Out of nowhere my hand seriously flared tonight - so much that I’m struggling to use my crutches. And it’s freezing cold. But it’ll pass

EJ
25-11-17, 10:15 PM
I agree it's freezing cold and just come in. I hope your hand improves Paula xx

magie06
25-11-17, 11:16 PM
It's freezing here too. About 2 degrees when we were out earlier. Can you get to bed early and rest your arm?

Paula
25-11-17, 11:19 PM
Ah yes, sorry I wasn’ t clear (though it is cold). Because my condition is nerves getting their signals crossed, one of the symptoms is extreme changes in temperature of the affected area - either really hot or abnormally cold. Normally I have the heat but tonight it was cold and blue ....

Suzi
26-11-17, 08:42 AM
Oh no! Hope your hand is out of flare - and yes I appreciate that it takes longer than a night for the flare to stop, but a bit of wishful thinking didn't do anyone any harm!

Paula
26-11-17, 09:03 AM
Still in flare but I can at least walk on it after a fashion

Watching Trading Places :)

Suzi
26-11-17, 12:11 PM
TV has been commandeered by my Princesses who are currently watching Moana (again)!

Paula
26-11-17, 12:14 PM
Love Moana :)

Suzi
26-11-17, 02:39 PM
So do I!

OldMike
26-11-17, 02:54 PM
I do to (love Moana) but fell asleep just before the end (the perils of getting old) ;)

Suzi
26-11-17, 03:19 PM
So you haven't seen the ending? Get thee to a download place and watch the ending!

Paula
26-11-17, 04:15 PM
^^^wss

magie06
26-11-17, 04:30 PM
How are you doing this evening? Can I do anything for you?

Paula
26-11-17, 05:17 PM
I’m ok, just going to have a quiet evening nursing my hand lol

Suzi
26-11-17, 05:59 PM
Aww hunni, I wish I could take the pain away....

Paula
26-11-17, 07:16 PM
Is what it is ;). Si’s been great today and mum came over for a chat so a nice day regardless.

Suzi
26-11-17, 07:48 PM
Is what it is ;). You been listening to me? Lol...

Glad it was a good day though lovely x

magie06
26-11-17, 09:53 PM
I'm so glad that today wasn't too bad. It makes such a difference when people call to pass the time. I hope that you are able to sleep with your arm in spasm and it's not too uncomfortable for you.

Paula
29-11-17, 11:44 AM
I’m feeling very disappointed ;(. Marti Pellow (who I adore) is at my local theatre in June next year and I was going to go with my best friend. Only she’s in a wheelchair and they insist on us having a carer each. That’s not doable, I don’t think .....

Suzi
29-11-17, 02:36 PM
Oh no! Surely that's some kind of discrimination?

Paula
29-11-17, 05:36 PM
It’s because they need to make sure we both have help in case of evacuation, which I can understand. So I’ve bitten the bullet and paid for the two of us and for (50% discount) two carers. He was my hero as a teenager so I can’t miss him coming to my home town!

Flo
29-11-17, 08:07 PM
Hi Paula!....is mum living near you now? If so, how wonderful. Which group does Marti Pellow belong to? I'm wracking my brains trying to remember, but he came up in conversation the other day. It's good that you've managed to get 2 carers. It'll put your mind at rest too, so I hope you enjoy it! xx

Suzi
29-11-17, 08:42 PM
It’s because they need to make sure we both have help in case of evacuation, which I can understand. So I’ve bitten the bullet and paid for the two of us and for (50% discount) two carers. He was my hero as a teenager so I can’t miss him coming to my home town!
That's so cool! I'm glad you're going!

Paula
29-11-17, 10:09 PM
Hi Paula!....is mum living near you now? If so, how wonderful. Which group does Marti Pellow belong to? I'm wracking my brains trying to remember, but he came up in conversation the other day. It's good that you've managed to get 2 carers. It'll put your mind at rest too, so I hope you enjoy it! xx

Hey lovely :). Mum and dad are moving to the aisle of Wight so only an hour or so away! They’ve left Northumberland but haven’t yet bought their new place so they’re staying at my brothers for now - just 5 mins away (party)

Suzi
30-11-17, 09:29 AM
Morning Paula - how are you feeling today?

Paula
30-11-17, 09:32 AM
I’m good, ta. Had Housegroup last night and was in a lot of pain but I managed to stay til the end :)

Suzi
30-11-17, 09:37 AM
Was it better?

Paula
30-11-17, 09:46 AM
Yeah...

magie06
30-11-17, 11:25 AM
Have you any plans for today?

Suzi
30-11-17, 12:31 PM
Yeah...
You sure? You don't sound convinced...

magie06
30-11-17, 03:53 PM
I think it's great news that you are getting to go to your concert. Lucky you. How are you today?

Paula
30-11-17, 07:16 PM
I think it's great news that you are getting to go to your concert. Lucky you. How are you today?

Tired. Housegroup last night, a friend visited today and mum and dad were over this afternoon.

You sure? You don't sound convinced...

There’s some strong characters at housegroup so it could be interesting but they’re all very nice. Time will tell

Jess saw her ENT consultant today and had her pre op. There’s skin growing over her damaged eardrum so they’ll be cutting and lazering to sort that out. They’ll take cartilage from other parts of her ear to create a replacement eardrum and they’ll need to move the little bones (anvil etc) around- why, I don’t know. It’ll take up to 3 hours but she will be able to come home the same day. Her ear will be packed for 10 days

magie06
30-11-17, 08:21 PM
That's a long time under anaesthetic. But they sounds like they know what they are doing. I'm sure she's a bit nervous about it all now. Just over a week to go.

Suzi
30-11-17, 09:15 PM
That sounds like a massive op.. I really, really feel for her.

Paula
30-11-17, 09:43 PM
I think I’m more nervous than she is ;)

selena
30-11-17, 09:44 PM
Keep faith, I'm really sorry and may God help that everything passes well.

Paula
01-12-17, 08:42 AM
Jess is doing her normal, she’s stressed and worried so I’m getting it in the neck. This morning, she yelled at me because we’re not going anywhere Christmas Day. Si’s promised to talk to her ....

Suzi
01-12-17, 09:53 AM
Where does she want to go for Christmas Day?

OldMike
01-12-17, 11:33 AM
I was always happy with a quiet family Christmas, eat way to much and fall asleep in the afternoon ;)

Sounds like a very long and delicate op that Jess is having and I hope it all goes well *crosses everything*

Paula
02-12-17, 08:17 AM
Where does she want to go for Christmas Day?

Anywhere cos ‘it’s boring at home’. We always spend Christmas Day at home because it’s more relaxed. Her main issue is that, after her op, she’s going to be limited wrt company/groups of people so that the risk of an infection that could cause earache is reduced. We will try to convince her to have an occasional friend around

I had a horrible day yesterday. Both kids hanged up on me cos I told them Jess couldn’t give her pills to Katie. Katie has an implant which mucks up her periods. Every few months she’s put on the pill for a couple of months. She’s on her break but has bad period pains so decided it would be a good idea to take some of jess’ rather than calling the doctor .... neither of them believed me when I told them it was illegal and potentially dangerous. And Jess didn’t get that the doctor wouldn’t give her her repeats a month early and wasn’t likely to believe she’d ‘dropped them down the loo’. So, anyway, I had both of them yelling at me over text at the same time.

I’m feeling battered

Suzi
02-12-17, 09:38 AM
Oh sweetheart I'm sorry..... Are things more settled this morning?

Paula
02-12-17, 09:53 AM
At the moment but I haven’t seen much of them. Off soon to a vip event with our local, independent jewellers with Katie - mulled wine, mince pies and sparklies:)

Suzi
02-12-17, 12:29 PM
That sounds lovely! Have fun!

Paula
02-12-17, 02:10 PM
Had a lovely time with Katie, bought myself a couple of bracelets, bought Katie some earrings as her last Christmas present and we also had lunch at the tea rooms :). Got home to Jess being all sweetness and light!

Christmas tree going up this afternoon

Jaquaia
02-12-17, 02:24 PM
Fancy doing mine? I'm trying to avoid it!

Glad you had a lovely time (panda)

magie06
02-12-17, 04:15 PM
It sounds like you had a lovely day.

Suzi
02-12-17, 10:02 PM
Does sound like a lovely day! Hope it's ending well x

Paula
02-12-17, 10:04 PM
Ha! Every year I forget how bossy katie is over Christmas decorations ;). Still, it’s done now

Jaquaia
02-12-17, 10:07 PM
Can you send her to do mine? The lights are 52m long...talk about a cock up on my part!

Suzi
02-12-17, 10:38 PM
OMG I'd love those! I love Christmassing the house, and the windows and the hedges....

Angie
02-12-17, 11:06 PM
Sounds like a lovely day hunni x

magie06
04-12-17, 11:04 AM
How was the rest of your weekend?

Paula
04-12-17, 02:48 PM
It was fine Magie, thanks. Just had my mum and dad pop over - I’m now very exhausted, my dad’s not a ‘sit down and have a quiet chat’ sort of person ;)

Suzi
04-12-17, 05:52 PM
But you'd not have him any other way.... ;)

Paula
04-12-17, 08:18 PM
True ;)

OldMike
05-12-17, 09:46 AM
I've noticed a lot of winking goes on all over this thread are we a load of winkers? ;) just saying (giggle)

Suzi
05-12-17, 02:06 PM
I love a good wink ;) How are you today Paula? Resting?

Paula
05-12-17, 02:46 PM
I love a good wink ;) How are you today Paula? Resting?

Not so much. Been over to the Drs to sort out my medical exemption prescription chargess certificate. Been to the chemist, the shops, am sorting out my Christmas cards and I am hoping to finish my cross stitch. I’m also waiting from a call from the GP as my ankles swollen again and I think it’s to do with my BP meds. ......and my hand is hurting

But I am watching Grease (inlove)

Paula
05-12-17, 05:29 PM
My hand is in agony, right up my arm too. I can barely see straight with pain

magie06
05-12-17, 05:49 PM
(panda)

Angie
05-12-17, 07:44 PM
Oh huni hope that your hand goes down quick and your ankle xx

Suzi
05-12-17, 09:27 PM
Hope you enjoyed Grease love! The rest of it sounds really busy!

Have you managed to relieve at least some of the the pain?

Paula
05-12-17, 09:31 PM
Still in A lot of pain but adjusting. Spoke to the gp, I’m going to halve my amlodipine dose and keep an eye on my bp and the ankle and see what happens.

Suzi
05-12-17, 09:57 PM
(bear) That's a pita...

Paula
07-12-17, 10:12 AM
2 doses of reduced dose bp meds in and bp is reasonably ok (peaked yesterday at 147/94) and no swelling other than normal CRPS swelling.

I’m out with mum this afternoon and tomorrow Si and I go off for the weekend (party)

Jess has her op on Monday but she’s got a sore throat. Because it’s an ear op, there’s no way they’ll do it if there’s any chance she’s got an infection so I’ve kept her off college today in the hopes she just needs some sleep and will be ok.

Angie
07-12-17, 10:43 AM
Have a good day today hunni and a good weekend with Si, hope Jess' throat clears up quickly xx

Suzi
07-12-17, 06:02 PM
Hope Jess's throat clears up fast! Hope you've had a great day with Mum.
You all packed ready for your weekend away?

Paula
07-12-17, 07:21 PM
I’ll pack in the morning. Had a lovely time with mum at a garden centre that had created dozens of little grottos - it was magical :) I bought a Christmas firescreen which I adore! They also had this Christmas village set up full of mechanical toys - Ferris wheel, Santa sleigh etc and it was just exquisite

https://preview.ibb.co/bOKzvG/140_CEA75_77_E7_4022_9509_D6_D93_B4_C3_AE5.jpg (https://ibb.co/hffTpb)
https://preview.ibb.co/ncqdpb/6_A1_A5269_04_B4_4323_9_F19_551228_ED1_A33.jpg (https://ibb.co/iPvYNw)

Suzi
07-12-17, 08:53 PM
I love your fireguard! What a lovely little village! :)

Angie
07-12-17, 09:27 PM
Love the fireguard and the village looks gorgeous aswell

Paula
11-12-17, 11:12 AM
Well, hello all! Am back from my very lovely weekend with my gorgeous hubby! We rested, chatted, ate, drank (a bit, I’m such a lightweight nowadays lol) and just generally had a chilled weekend. The kids didn’t burn the house down in our absence either ;)

Jess has her op today and will be going down to theatre any time soon. Thankfully, we rang the hospital Friday about her missing voice and they were ok with the op going ahead as long as she didnt have a temperature. Which she doesn’t. So I’m at home, waiting on tenterhooks. Si and Jess just rang me - she’s on the kids ward and, though 16, is still very tiny. So she was asked to do some colouring in of a Christmas bauble. I was crying with laughter! Especially as she actually did it!

We’ve had a bit of snow here but, as we’re on a hill and often are a couple of degrees colder than the rest of the town, less than 5 minutes away there’s no snow apparently!

Suzi
11-12-17, 12:39 PM
Any news on Jess?

Glad you and Si had a good weekend. I'm glad you had the time to reconnect...

OldMike
11-12-17, 02:25 PM
Glad you had a great weekend Paula. hope all goes well with Jess's op, there ain't nothing wrong with colouring your baubles ;)

Paula
11-12-17, 03:07 PM
She’s just gone into recovery. It went fine but they found one of the bones in her ear was eroded so they e fitted her with a prosthetic. This should hopefully deal with her hearing loss. And she’ll have an mri in 12-18 months to check it’s all ok

Si called me and I promptly burst into tears, mind you ......

magie06
11-12-17, 04:14 PM
Thank goodness everything went so well. Still thinking of you.

Suzi
11-12-17, 05:23 PM
I'm so glad it all went well! How cool is it that they've got a prosthetic that could be fitted straight away. Well done Jess! Is she coming home tonight?

Paula
11-12-17, 05:25 PM
They’ve moved her from the day surgery unit to the teenagers ward as the unit closes at 5pm. They’re going to see how she goes over the next hour or so and make a decision on whether she can come home tonight

Suzi
11-12-17, 05:30 PM
Sounds sensible.

Paula
12-12-17, 03:40 PM
Jess got home about 7pm yesterday. She’s very sore, very grumpy and really wants to wash her hair! For those who aren’t squeamish, here’s the wound .....

https://ibb.co/dSvREb

OldMike
12-12-17, 06:18 PM
I am squeamish and the wound isn't as bad as I imagined, hopefully it'll heal quickly with Jess being so young, I'm sure she'll soon be back to her usual chirpy self. (panda)

Paula
12-12-17, 07:14 PM
Ongoing dvla Saga - tomorrow I have to go to an optician (again) to have a visual field test to see if I can see. Plus I’ve just had to complete and send back another form to DVLA - I think it’s the 4th one I’ve had to complete, all asking very similar questions. Who knows when they’re going to decide if I can drive? ........

Suzi
12-12-17, 07:44 PM
Is that still going on???? Blimey, you'd think that there was enough other things for them to be faffing about...

The wound looks much better and more subtle than I was expecting tbh. That should heal and not be noticeable at all! How's she doing today?

Paula
12-12-17, 08:23 PM
She’s very moody and being difficult about taking painkillers.

Suzi
12-12-17, 08:42 PM
Oh..... Not taking them regularly?

Paula
12-12-17, 08:46 PM
No, apparently she was told to ‘take them if she needs them’. Me pointing out I know how to manage painkillers fell on deaf *ahem* ears

Suzi
13-12-17, 07:51 AM
Oh... Why would they tell her that when it's much better to keep on top of post op pain?

Hope she's doing well and being kinder to everyone today lovely.

OldMike
13-12-17, 10:20 AM
I s'pose they are erring on the side of caution when it comes to taking painkillers, I think I'd take them regularly though.

Hope Jess is less grumpy and a bit brighter today.

Paula
13-12-17, 01:25 PM
She’s voluntarily taking the painkillers now so I think the anaesthetic has worn off. She described it as ‘throbbing right the way inside her ear’ which does not sound pleasant. We’re supposed to clean around the stitches but she really doesn’t want me anywhere near them so I’m leaving it for now - she’s on antibiotics so she shouldn’t get an infection.

Suzi
13-12-17, 01:54 PM
Poor thing! Could you get a practise nurse to take a look and talk about cleaning it?

Paula
13-12-17, 06:03 PM
I’ll try again tomorrow, she’s a sensible lass so she’ll get her head round it.

In different news, I’m now an official trustee for the Basingstoke & District Disability Forum ;)

In yet more news, I had my dvla Opticians appointment. I passed with flying colours and they’ll let dvla know I’m cleared to drive (optically).

Suzi
13-12-17, 07:33 PM
Woohoo!!! Those are awesome bits of news! Congratulations!

Jaquaia
14-12-17, 09:09 AM
You will be fab as a trustee!

magie06
14-12-17, 09:55 AM
Congratulations on your news. You must be delighted.

OldMike
14-12-17, 10:41 AM
Congrats on becoming a trustee and double good news you're now free to drive woohoo (bear)

Suzi
14-12-17, 01:56 PM
How are you today? How's Jess?

Paula
14-12-17, 04:26 PM
Jess is ok. Still in pain but in good spirits :)

I’m having one of those days when side effects of the massive amount of meds I takes over - woozy and dodgy stomach. I’ll be fine, just got to ride it out

OldMike
14-12-17, 04:49 PM
Paula just received a card from our very own Princess Sparkles & family which now takes takes pride of place on my mantlepiece (panda)

I'm glad Jess is in good spirits :) sorry to hear you've got a dodgy tum, hope you soon start to feel better (bear)

magie06
14-12-17, 05:26 PM
Received your card this morning. Thank you for thinking of me.

Paula
14-12-17, 06:17 PM
I ordered a few dresses to try on which arrived today. I normally go for prints because they disguise the lumps and bumps but my husband told me he preferred the slinky, purple block colour dress and that I ‘didnt Wear enough like that’. So I’m trusting my husband (sweat)

Angie
14-12-17, 08:19 PM
Thank you for the card hunni xx
I am sure it will look lovely on you, and congratulations and hugs for Jess xx

Suzi
14-12-17, 09:00 PM
I bet you look stunning in every dress you try on!
Thank you for the card! :)

magie06
15-12-17, 04:29 PM
Hi there. How is Jess today?

OldMike
15-12-17, 06:06 PM
I bet you look gorgeous in your new dresses Paula (nod)

Paula
15-12-17, 06:25 PM
Hi there. How is Jess today?

Jess was grumpy all day (even texting me to tell me to ‘hurry up’ getting my friend to leave s9o she could bake. Of course, now a load of her friends are here she’s sweet as sugar .....

magie06
15-12-17, 08:19 PM
I think that's just typical teenage behaviour. Aisling is only a trainee teen and she gets like that sometimes.

Suzi
15-12-17, 08:57 PM
Oh hunni.. (bear)

Paula
16-12-17, 10:10 AM
Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeel it’s Strictly night (party)

Suzi
16-12-17, 11:23 AM
It really is! So looking forward to it!

OldMike
16-12-17, 12:46 PM
Ah the delights of having a teenager in the house (giggle)

Hopefully Jess is having a non-grumpy day today *crosses everything*

Paula
16-12-17, 01:35 PM
I’ve been tense the last few days, today it’s escalated to full blown anxiety and I’ve had to take a diazepam. I have no idea why .....

magie06
16-12-17, 02:59 PM
Oh honey, I hope you are taking things easy.

Paula
16-12-17, 03:13 PM
I’m trying to summon up the motivation to wrap some presents

magie06
16-12-17, 03:22 PM
Leave the presents until tomorrow. Christmas is still a week away.

Suzi
16-12-17, 03:22 PM
Leave it till tomorrow - sounds like today you need to rest and pace.

Paula
16-12-17, 03:29 PM
You’re right, I do need to rest. We’re at the in laws tomorrow so I need all my energy. And I’m feeling a bit out of it

magie06
16-12-17, 03:31 PM
Take a rest. Get Si and Jess to run around you. If you need a cup of tea get someone else to get it for you. Be kind to you.

Suzi
16-12-17, 08:34 PM
Hope you're watching the Strictly final and going to bed! (Doing the same thing as me tonight)

Paula
17-12-17, 06:25 PM
The day with the in laws was ok, though there were a lot of us there (17) so I’m exhausted. This week is very busy especially as we have the decorator in from Monday to Wednesday to plaster and decorate the bathrooms - I’m hoping I’ll have at least one toilet available at any one time ;)

Suzi
17-12-17, 07:11 PM
It does sound exhausting! But lovely? How did Jess manage?

Paula
17-12-17, 07:37 PM
Jess was awesome! I think she missed seeing people over the past week or so - she didn’t stop nattering the whole time we were there. For Jess, that’s incredible lol

Suzi
17-12-17, 07:40 PM
That is awesome! So pacing tomorrow?

Paula
17-12-17, 08:47 PM
Erm, got the decorator here and my curates coming over so, not so much. In fact this week’s going to be hell. With the decorator, my eye clinic appt, jess’s Ent appt, my manicure, promised I’d go to the ‘birthday party’ for the place I did my first volunteering, and meeting two friends (separately) as I need to see them both before Christmas and they’re both unable to leave their houses at the moment. I’ve also got to finish wrapping the Christmas presents.

magie06
17-12-17, 09:01 PM
Don't worry. It will all get done. And what doesn't get done, wasn't meant to be. Go and enjoy catching up with friends, that's more in the spirit of Christmas, than making sure something is wrapped. Good luck tomorrow with the decorator and the curate.

Suzi
17-12-17, 09:57 PM
Magie is right. i've got a couple of appointments with Hazel, Marc has therapy, we've nurse appointments to go to, Christmas concert on Tuesday evening, the kids breaking up for school at lunchtime on Thursday and Hazel's birthday sleepover that night - oh and so far I have 0 birthday presents for her and 0 Christmas presents for The kids or Marc.... lol
What happens will happen. What isn't done won't be done. Simple as..

Paula
18-12-17, 07:32 PM
I think I’ve caught the bug Jess had. I feel absolutely dreadful - my throat is so sore ......

The decorator has been for the first day. He’ll be back Wednesday and Thursday to finish off. He’s really nice but boy, does he talk ;)

Suzi
18-12-17, 07:59 PM
Could that be why you have a sore throat? Is he making lots of dust?

Hope tomorrow is a pacing day!

Paula
18-12-17, 08:19 PM
He’s making good and painting so not much dust. I was puffing away on my inhaler yesterday so I think it’s a bug that’s coming out now itms. Tomorrow is better so I’m hoping to get through most of the pressies but at least I can do that slowly

Suzi
18-12-17, 09:36 PM
Little by little lovely..

Jaquaia
18-12-17, 10:43 PM
If all else fails....gift bags!!!

Paula
19-12-17, 09:13 AM
I couldn’t eat my breakfast today as my throat is so sore :(

Jaquaia
19-12-17, 09:21 AM
(panda)

Suzi
19-12-17, 10:04 AM
Oh no! Can you honey and lemon it? Or is it infection?

Paula
19-12-17, 11:30 AM
I suspect it’s what Jess had that nearly jeopardised her op. I’ll be ok, just got to eat soft food ;)

Suzi
19-12-17, 01:56 PM
How are you feeling today? How's Jess?

Paula
19-12-17, 02:15 PM
Jess is back to normal. She has the packing removed on Thursday, which will help her feel more human.

My throat is sore and swollen and I keep dozing off. Otherwise ok

Suzi
19-12-17, 10:29 PM
Wow packing out in 2 days! That'll be much more comfortable.

Hope you've got some resting done lovely lady.

Paula
19-12-17, 10:39 PM
I finished the wrapping for everyone except Si, Katie and Jess so that’s a weight off. Tomorrow I’ve got my manicure and the eye clinic so not much time for rest but I’ll be ok. I’ve managed to eat something which definitely helps

Suzi
19-12-17, 10:54 PM
Well done you! :)

magie06
20-12-17, 09:38 AM
Enjoy your day today. It sounds like you have a lot on, please make sure that you do some resting in between.

Paula
20-12-17, 03:22 PM
Have been to eye clinic and got results of my MRI. I have idiopathic intracranial hypertension. It’s basically increased fluid in the brain which causes increased pressure. It sounds worse than it is, because I’ve got no symptoms there’s no need for treatment and I shouldn’t worry about it. They’ll just monitor it in the eye clinic and he’s going to chase up neurology.

The dry eye I’ve got is a side effect of pain meds

magie06
20-12-17, 09:36 PM
I think that's what my sister had while pregnant with her last child. I'd have to ask her to be sure, but she need total hospital bed rest from September until Matthew was born in December. It was diagnosed by lumbar puncture.

Paula
20-12-17, 10:23 PM
It sounds like it’ll be a life long thing that they’re just going to have to monitor. It can cause problems like damaging eyesight but that’s why it has to be monitored. If it stays like it is, they’re not concerned. It’s just one more thing, itms

magie06
20-12-17, 10:33 PM
(panda)

Suzi
20-12-17, 10:57 PM
I'm so glad that it's not something that needs intervention. Watching and waiting sounds good to me. It must be such a relief.

Paula
20-12-17, 11:08 PM
You’d think so but I’m not - and no, Si doesn’t get why I’m struggling either. I don’t get why I’m struggling. IIP can be nasty but, at the moment, I’m ok. It may never cause me problems and I really shouldn’t be fretting about it but I am

Jaquaia
20-12-17, 11:20 PM
Maybe because it's one more thing life has thrown at you when you already have to deal with so much? (panda)

Paula
21-12-17, 09:34 AM
Maybe. I’ll be ok, just got to adjust

I’m up at the hospital today for the 10 year birthday celebration of the first ever voluntary job I had (at the Health Information Point) and then I’m seeing my best friend. So, busy day but a good one :)

Suzi
21-12-17, 10:50 AM
I get it.. It's kind of like another thing that's there that could "potentially" be an issue.. It might not be, but it might be....

Paula
21-12-17, 04:18 PM
I’m exhausted ..... and tearful because I’m exhausted. Still, my bathrooms are painted now so I can get back to some sort of normality as it’s been a bit of an upheaval

Suzi
21-12-17, 09:39 PM
Glad it's all sorted lovely. Are you able to have a rest day tomorrow?

Paula
22-12-17, 09:09 AM
I’m going to see my friend today. She had surgery yesterday and had a biopsy done. Other than that, I’ll be wrapping Katie’s presents

magie06
22-12-17, 09:45 AM
Enjoy your visit with your friend.

OldMike
22-12-17, 10:07 AM
Your bathrooms all bright sparkly and new, gotta be good (party)

Paula have a nice time with your friend. (bear)

Suzi
22-12-17, 01:11 PM
Have a lovely time today gorgeous lady xx

Angie
22-12-17, 10:41 PM
Hope you are finding time to rest or pacing hunni x

Paula
23-12-17, 08:40 AM
I feel wrung out but nothing to do except wrapping the last of the presents. Si is off food shopping (I had a delivery yesterday but he insisted on getting the meat and veg in person -madness)

I have a spot the size of the moon, mind you, so am very distressed!

magie06
23-12-17, 08:41 AM
Why do those spots always find the worst time to pop out. I've got a cold sore on my bottom lip and I've not had one in ages.

Suzi
23-12-17, 01:20 PM
Tea tree oil?

Hope you do get to rest and pace today lovely lady x

Flo
23-12-17, 03:38 PM
Why do those spots always find the worst time to pop out. I've got a cold sore on my bottom lip and I've not had one in ages.

Honey!

Flo
23-12-17, 03:42 PM
I feel wrung out but nothing to do except wrapping the last of the presents. Si is off food shopping (I had a delivery yesterday but he insisted on getting the meat and veg in person -madness)

I have a spot the size of the moon, mind you, so am very distressed!

I'll pray for a total eclipse for you!!:P

Paula
23-12-17, 04:08 PM

(rofl)

I’ve finished all my wrapping!! I’m absolutely knackered but am on my own this evening so shall veg in front of the tele with a drink and recharge :)

OldMike
23-12-17, 04:31 PM

Like your style Flo (giggle)

Try putting some sun cream on your moon spot, eek only joking, well I try my best :P

Paula hope you have a good evening in front of the telly (party)

magie06
23-12-17, 04:46 PM
I hope your feet are in the horizontal position and you have a glass of something nice in your hand.

Angie
23-12-17, 08:09 PM
Glad your planning on resting this evening hunni I have to start more wrapping but cant yet until Caitlin is out the way in bed etc

Suzi
23-12-17, 09:44 PM
Hope the recharge is in full swing!

Paula
24-12-17, 09:56 AM
Was up early this morning so sat down with Si to watch Bright, Will Smiths new Netflix film. Weird but ok ;)

Paula
24-12-17, 01:33 PM
My BP has been hovering at the higher range of normal since my meds had to be reduced cos of my swollen ankles. Now it’s officially high at 150/95 and I’m feeling a bit dizzy. Good job I’m seeing the nurse on Wednesday ....

Jaquaia
24-12-17, 02:43 PM
Rest today please? (panda)

Paula
24-12-17, 07:48 PM
I have, and had a long nap but last reading was 155/99. I can’t do much except take it easy and monitor it. I’m really not feeling great today

magie06
24-12-17, 08:08 PM
Can you get to bed early this evening Paula?

Suzi
24-12-17, 08:43 PM
Call the out of hours Dr if you need to lovely x

Paula
24-12-17, 09:19 PM
I will, if I need to. Thankfully we’re having a very relaxed Christmas.

Suzi
25-12-17, 10:58 AM
Hope you're doing OK lovely x

Paula
25-12-17, 12:13 PM
My bp is still up but not increasing atm, I caught my hand on one of my pressies and my hand and leg are going nuts. But, still, we had a lovely family evening playing games and watching films and have had a really nice morning. My family are awesome :)

OldMike
25-12-17, 12:20 PM
Have a great Xmas day Paula and yes you and your family are awesome (party)

Oops nearly forgot your Christmas hug (bear) (panda)

Paula
25-12-17, 12:45 PM
Thank you, gorgeous man :)

magie06
25-12-17, 01:25 PM
I hope you are enjoying your day. Happy Christmas.

Suzi
25-12-17, 03:19 PM
I hope you're having a wonderful day and that the pain isn't spoiling it too much lovely xxx

Arty
25-12-17, 05:15 PM
Happy Christmas Paula :)xx

Paula
26-12-17, 02:19 PM
Thanks everyone.

I don’t know why I was checking but I’ve just discovered I’m not supposed to take Tapentadol (my opioid meds) with intracranial hypertension. Crap crap crap!

Jaquaia
26-12-17, 05:45 PM
Ah! Not good. Hope they can get it sorted for you (panda)

Suzi
26-12-17, 10:03 PM
Oh bugger... That'll be you speaking to your Dr tomorrow then...

Paula
27-12-17, 09:16 AM
Waiting for a call back from the gp.

Suzi
27-12-17, 10:35 AM
I'm glad you're speaking to them lovely...

OldMike
27-12-17, 11:19 AM
Thanks everyone.

I don’t know why I was checking but I’ve just discovered I’m not supposed to take Tapentadol (my opioid meds) with intracranial hypertension. Crap crap crap!

Oops it's a good thing you checked and found you shouldn't take Tapentadol with IH or IHT or ICHT you see I'm making up my own acronyms now ;)

Hope you can get an alternative to Tapentadol which is just as effective (bear) (panda)

Suzi
27-12-17, 12:32 PM
Any news?

Paula
27-12-17, 01:30 PM
Just spoke to dr. I have to come off Tapentadol fast - half the dose for 3 weeks then half again for 3 weeks, then stop. But it’s not just Tapentadol. All opioids are contraindicated. He doesn’t know what to replace it with so is writing to my pain Consultant. I’m probably going to have withdrawal and pain. It’s not going to be good

Suzi
27-12-17, 01:57 PM
Oh sh*t that sounds daunting... Are you OK?

Paula
27-12-17, 02:32 PM
No, not really. I’m scared

Jaquaia
27-12-17, 02:41 PM
(panda)(panda)(panda)

Suzi
27-12-17, 04:19 PM
No, not really. I’m scared
I would be too. Is there anything else they can do?

Paula
27-12-17, 04:22 PM
I would be too. Is there anything else they can do?

The doctor actually said, ‘I can’t think of anything else I can give you’. He wanted to change my ami until I told him I had it for MH too ....... let’s hope my wonderful pain consultant can help

I’m very tearful

OldMike
27-12-17, 05:50 PM
(panda) https://image.ibb.co/jRmcrk/teddy.gif (panda)

Suzi
27-12-17, 09:12 PM
The doctor actually said, ‘I can’t think of anything else I can give you’. He wanted to change my ami until I told him I had it for MH too ....... let’s hope my wonderful pain consultant can help

I’m very tearfulAny idea how long you'll have to wait until you hear something? I am so sorry you're going through this..

Paula
27-12-17, 09:48 PM
I’m on his ‘call any time’ list and will see me at the private hospital as an nhs patient so I’ll call him next week to make an appt. The twitching has started already

Angie
27-12-17, 10:27 PM
(bear) hunni xx

Suzi
27-12-17, 11:37 PM
Can you really wait till next week lovely?

Paula
28-12-17, 10:00 AM
It’s only a few days and I need that time to get my head round it itms. Feeling nauseous already, was awake at 3am

purplefan
28-12-17, 11:12 AM
Sorry your going through that Paula. Keeping you in my prayers.

OldMike
28-12-17, 11:33 AM
(bear) (panda)

Suzi
28-12-17, 11:58 AM
Paula, take the time and work things through really gently... You know the drill. You need to do this one day/hour/minute at a time. Don't forget to post to get the thoughts out of your head and shout and scream and rant and rave. I'm only at the other end of the phone any time - day or night.

Paula
28-12-17, 01:37 PM
Hmm thoughts - right now all I’m feeling is wading through treacle and lightheaded. Even typing this is proving difficult and, as the tablets are slow release, I know I’ve still got some of the higher dose (I’ve dropped from 200 to 100mg) in my system. Which means it’s going to get worse. I haven’t even got the energy to rant

Paula
28-12-17, 05:19 PM
Soooo we took polo to the vets yesterday as he was listless all over Christmas, nothing appeared too wrong so they took bloods and gave him tramadol as he has arthritis. Got a call this afternoon, the bloods showing very high potassium levels which can indicate a muscle injury. They asked us to bring him back in for more bloods as they were surprised how high the levels are. When checking him again, he showed some signs of a problem in his spine. So keep giving him the tramadol and see what the new bloods show tomorrow. Good job Si’s home .....

Suzi
28-12-17, 07:18 PM
Oh no, poor Polo!

Paula
29-12-17, 09:27 AM
Oh my god, I hurt ......

Angie
29-12-17, 10:12 AM
Oh sweetheart huge hugs x

Suzi
29-12-17, 10:13 AM
I wish I could help.... Rest, pace, shout, scream - do what you need to to get through this.

Flo
29-12-17, 12:15 PM
Poor old Polo! How old is he? At least the Tramadol will ease his pain. Is he one of your G. Hounds? Love and hugs Paula.xx

OldMike
29-12-17, 12:17 PM
(bear) (panda)

Paula
29-12-17, 12:25 PM
Poor old Polo! How old is he? At least the Tramadol will ease his pain. Is he one of your G. Hounds? Love and hugs Paula.xx

Yeah, he’s my youngest greyhound at a youthful 10! Just waiting for the call from the vets

Jaquaia
29-12-17, 12:28 PM
(panda)(panda)(panda)

Paula
29-12-17, 12:39 PM
On a brighter note, Si popped out to the car, leaving the front door open, and the cutest, very old, very blind, grey miniature schnauzer strolled into our house. He was adorable! Fortunately he had a tag on with a phone number and lives just round the corner from us. He was gorgeous! And lucky to wander into our house :)

magie06
29-12-17, 01:57 PM
Hugs for you lovely lady. (panda)(bear)

Suzi
29-12-17, 02:55 PM
What a lucky doggie to go to you! Well done for reuniting him with his owner!
Any news from the vets?

Paula
29-12-17, 04:46 PM
Polo’s new bloods have come back clear, thankfully. No idea what was wrong with the first lot mind you. The vet thinks he’s got arthritis in his pelvic area so we keep going with the meds and keep an eye on him

magie06
29-12-17, 05:09 PM
That's a relief. It's such a pity that the animals can't talk to let us know when something is wrong.

Suzi
29-12-17, 09:26 PM
Glad they are OK love. Keeping a close eye and wait and watching sounds like a sensible plan...

Angie
29-12-17, 10:44 PM
Glad that his latest bloods are clear hunni xx

magie06
30-12-17, 10:05 AM
I hope the pain is a bit more manageable today. Hugs (but very gentle ones) for you. (panda)

Suzi
30-12-17, 11:33 AM
How are you today gorgeous?

OldMike
30-12-17, 12:03 PM
Polo’s new bloods have come back clear, thankfully. No idea what was wrong with the first lot mind you. The vet thinks he’s got arthritis in his pelvic area so we keep going with the meds and keep an eye on him

He's just an old fella and you're giving him the best life you can (bear)

@Magie: There is one animal that can talk I think her name is Polly le Parrot "who's a pretty boy", who said that? (giggle)

Paula
30-12-17, 07:17 PM
How are you today gorgeous?

Tired, emotional, worried

Suzi
30-12-17, 09:23 PM
I totally get that love... Anything I can do?

Paula
30-12-17, 10:39 PM
You already are, all of you :)

magie06
30-12-17, 10:40 PM
(panda)

Suzi
30-12-17, 10:41 PM
Wish I could do more.

Paula
31-12-17, 08:25 AM
I am now the (very) proud mother of a 20 yo! Wow, I feel old ..... ;)

magie06
31-12-17, 10:01 AM
Happy Birthday Katie. (party)

Jaquaia
31-12-17, 10:26 AM
Imagine how my mum feels! She has 34, 32 and 28 year old children and is a grandma!!! (giggle)

Suzi
31-12-17, 11:52 AM
My Mum's kids are 51, 49, 39, 37, 30. Her grandchildren are 30, 27, 17, 17, and all the way down to almost 1 lol
Hope you get to pace a bit and that Katie has a lovely day.

OldMike
31-12-17, 02:01 PM
Happy birthday Katie (party)

Paula
31-12-17, 03:50 PM
We’ve been out for lunch with Katie, her boyfriend and her dad’s family. It was lovely :). She’s gone over to her dad’s now for a couple of hours then she’s out with the boyfriend to a club in Southampton to see the new year in. Mind you, she’s still hungover from a birthday party last night lol. She’s been absolutely spoilt as usual (tho mostly by me ;))

Jess is at a party tonight so it’ll just be me and Si for the first New Year ever