PDA

View Full Version : Miss Sparkles *Triggers*

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Paula
09-10-17, 09:59 PM
They did and I did tell them I was hurt by them abandoning me at a time I really needed their help. They also told me that they’d felt I had shut them out, which hurt them. It was all very emotional but that’s a given with me lol. I’m exhausted

Suzi
10-10-17, 08:45 AM
So, is that all wrapped up now? Are you able to move forward?
Are you resting today?

Paula
10-10-17, 01:08 PM
I asked for a couple of days to finally confirm whether I was leaving the housegroup as I was just too stressed to talk about that. I’m resting :)

Suzi
10-10-17, 03:34 PM
Glad you are resting lovely....

Paula
10-10-17, 07:31 PM
It’s actually been a lovely day, and unexpected as Si worked from Home, Katie didn’t work and Jess was only at college for 3 hours. It was nice not to be on my own :)

Suzi
10-10-17, 08:16 PM
That sounds lovely!

OldMike
11-10-17, 10:22 AM
Looks like you had a brilliant day yesterday Paula (bear)

Paula
11-10-17, 11:54 AM
Monday’s caught up with me. I can barely keep my eyes open. So bare minimum today :/

S deleted
11-10-17, 12:16 PM
So shut those eyes and catch some Zzzzz

Suzi
11-10-17, 08:12 PM
Hope you've spent the day resting - but I doubt it.... lol

Paula
11-10-17, 09:13 PM
I have but I’m frustrated. It occurred to me today that, as time goes on, the exhaustion is getting worse and worse and it’s taking longer to recover from anything I do.

S deleted
11-10-17, 09:40 PM
And? None of us are getting any younger.

Paula
11-10-17, 09:45 PM
I appreciate that but I’m talking a rapid change, over months not years

S deleted
11-10-17, 10:07 PM
I get that. I’m the same. It’s just another adjustment that’s needed in an ever changing world. Nothing stays the same, and yeah it sucks but what can you do about it?

Suzi
12-10-17, 08:33 AM
But are you pacing as well as you should be?
The issues such as the housegroup issue have been so emotional and I always find that wipes me out quicker and takes much longer to recover from....

Flo
12-10-17, 09:46 AM
Morning O Sparkly one!......hope you don't feel so wiped out today. Anything nice to do? How's Luna now?xx

OldMike
12-10-17, 10:18 AM
(bear) (panda)

Paula
12-10-17, 11:20 AM
Today is a busy one. Have been to the doctors, seeing my curate at 1 and have to go to a local disability group meeting at 5 (a friend is chairing it and I promised I’d be there to support her). Good news though - BP is 124/78!!!!! :)

Suzi, I am pacing that’s what’s so frustrating. (Today excepted (blush)). I’ll live

Flo, Luna is really doing well at the moment, thank goodness - thanks for asking

Suzi
12-10-17, 12:29 PM
Wow, your bp is much better - isn't that around normal?
Hope your meeting with your curate goes well!
The meeting tonight sounds interesting! Hope it goes well for your friend!

magie06
12-10-17, 12:57 PM
I hope you are resting in between. You have a lot on and I know that you will be wiped out tomorrow. How is that looking? I hope you are giving yourself time to recover.

Paula
12-10-17, 01:03 PM
Yep, BPs normal - just got to take the pills and keep an eye on it. Hopefully, when is see the eye dr on Monday, the nerves will have gone back to normal shape.

I’m seeing my best friend tomorrow. I’m not going to back out of it because we’ve not been able to see each other for over a month. So, not pacing so much but it’s worth it to see her. But I’ve got a quiet weekend ;)

Suzi
12-10-17, 03:27 PM
I'm glad. You sound a bit more perky than you have of late - are you feeling a little brighter?

OldMike
12-10-17, 04:28 PM
BP back to normal, that's good news. Have a good time with your bestie (see I know modern lingo (giggle) ) tomorrow. :)

Paula
12-10-17, 09:30 PM
I'm glad. You sound a bit more perky than you have of late - are you feeling a little brighter?

Yeah I do, I even coped with a (small) anxiety attack at the meeting this evening - and managed to stay for the whole 2 years which included me having a private chat with our MP about promoting women in business ;)

I’m beginning to wonder if my BP had been contributing to how I’ve been doing. I know it was causing my dizziness so who knows what else it was doing

Jaquaia
12-10-17, 09:32 PM
Yeah I do, I even coped with a (small) anxiety attack at the meeting this evening - and managed to stay for the whole 2 years

Bloody long meeting that!!! ;)

Paula
12-10-17, 10:25 PM
Each it is!!

I found out a bit more about my friend who died. The PM results aren’t in yet but she was addicted to tramadol, took sleeping tablets and had a lot to drink that night .....

Suzi
13-10-17, 10:08 AM
Sorry about your friend lovely...

I'm so proud of you for coping with an anxiety attack and then staying for that meeting too!

OldMike
13-10-17, 10:30 AM
Paula that is so sad about your friend ;( (bear) (panda)

Jaquaia
14-10-17, 08:41 PM
How are you today lovely? (panda)

Paula
14-10-17, 10:02 PM
I’m ok, been mainly doing cross stitch today. I’ve got my check up at the eye clinic Monday morning so just hoping the bp was the cause of the swelling (and a little nervous). There’s definitely been something in the water today though - all 4 of us are snapping at each other.....

Flo
15-10-17, 09:23 AM
Yes, how sad about your friend.(bear)....families get days when they all snap at each other. It only takes one unreasonable comment to start a domino effect! Anyway, it's a new day today so if they misbehave duct tape their mouths! Have a good one love.x

OldMike
15-10-17, 09:31 AM
Yes, how sad about your friend.(bear)....families get days when they all snap at each other. It only takes one unreasonable comment to start a domino effect! Anyway, it's a new day today so if they misbehave duct tape their mouths! Have a good one love.x

Flo you should have used these smileys :x :x :x after your duct tape their mouths statement (giggle)

Paula hope things are on a more even keel for you today (bear) (panda)

Suzi
15-10-17, 11:44 AM
Hope you have a lovely day today hunnipie and that whatever was in the water has been filtered out! :)

Paula
15-10-17, 11:48 AM
Lol, so Jess has just been having a discussion about periods with me, and when they start after childbirth, so I think life is back to normal (rofl)

Suzi
15-10-17, 12:22 PM
(rofl) Hooray for normality!

OldMike
15-10-17, 02:52 PM
Normality is good, I never discussed periods with my mum look what I missed out on (giggle)

Paula
16-10-17, 01:18 PM
Eye clinic didn’t go to plan today. The hope was that my blood pressure stabilising would mean the nerves at the back of my eyes wouldn’t be swollen. But they are. Which means I’ve got to have a brain MRI and appt with Neurology as there may be pressure build up. Trying very hard not to freak out.

Angie
16-10-17, 01:32 PM
Oh hunni x hope the MRI is clear do you know when you will have it ?

Paula
16-10-17, 01:57 PM
Not yet but the dr said they’d already asked for the referral at my last appt two weeks ago and she was questioning whether it had come through yet so I don’t think they’re wanting to hang around.

Angie
16-10-17, 03:19 PM
Hope its soon hunni rather than leaving your waiting

Suzi
16-10-17, 04:47 PM
Sweetheart I'm sure it's nothing to freak out about - although I know I did when I had to go for scans and neuro appointments - suddenly seems really scary then... Can Si go with you?

Paula
16-10-17, 04:55 PM
Oh he’ll be coming. Ok, I’m going to be upfront about this. I’m scared and I’m very fed up with being scared, yet again, about my health.

Angie
16-10-17, 05:32 PM
Hunni its normal to be scared but I get how fed up you must be

Suzi
16-10-17, 07:21 PM
I wish I had a magic answer. I think that it's more than natural to be scared about something like this lovely.

S deleted
16-10-17, 07:50 PM
I know what it’s like to be scared about your health and it doesn’t really matter what I say you’ll still be worried, but all you can do it deal in facts and the fact is you don’t know what is wrong, if anything until you have the tests. Once you have the results, then you can assess the situation. What is it you tell be about borrowing trouble?

OldMike
16-10-17, 08:09 PM
(bear) (panda)

Suzi
16-10-17, 08:43 PM
Can you write a list of all your questions/concerns?

Paula
16-10-17, 09:33 PM
I know that I’m worrying when I don’t know what’s wrong but when what’s wrong could very well be fluid building up on my brain, my normal composure is lacking, I’m afraid

Angie
16-10-17, 09:35 PM
No one can blame you for worrying, and its the not knowing the cause or effect that can put so much more stress on you aswell. So am not going to say dont worry and dont stress but can you find a distraction to try and keep your mind at least a bit occupied from the thinking your going to be doing ?

Suzi
17-10-17, 11:29 AM
I completely understand your concerns and the absolute terror... However, you've got a good team working with you on this lovely and a strong family unit. Whatever it is, you'll get through it. I have no doubts about that - but I wish you weren't even having to think about it...

Paula
18-10-17, 08:22 PM
My MRI is booked for this Friday evening

S deleted
18-10-17, 08:43 PM
That's a good thing. Sooner it's done the sooner you'll know the situation and can deal with it appropriately. Of course I will have my phone on me at all times so should you need me you know where I am.

Suzi
19-10-17, 08:44 AM
Glad you're not being kept waiting long.. How are you today gorgeous lady?

Angie
19-10-17, 09:56 AM
Glad that its happening soon hunni x

Paula
19-10-17, 10:00 AM
I’m ok, a little tense but to be expected I suppose. I had a lovely long chat with my friend last night - as always she got me pmsl and really helped cheer me up ;).

Paula
19-10-17, 06:32 PM
If anyone was wondering about venlafaxine withdrawal and whether it’s as bad as they are told, I took part of my daily dose at 8.30 this morning (225mg) and forgot the next dose of 150mg at lunchtime. An hour ago, I couldn’t stand up with nausea, vertigo and dizziness ..... even my opioid doesn’t have that impact that quickly

S deleted
19-10-17, 06:58 PM
Wowzers! That’s bad. Are you ok now?

Paula
19-10-17, 10:17 PM
Sort of, just feel lethargic now

Flo
20-10-17, 09:16 AM
Sod that!! morning love....are you feeling any better today?....hope you're back on track now.xx

OldMike
20-10-17, 10:05 AM
Hope all goes well with your MRI Paula (bear) (panda)

magie06
20-10-17, 01:45 PM
Good luck this afternoon/evening. I hope everything goes well for you.

Suzi
21-10-17, 02:21 PM
How did it go love? How are you feeling?

Paula
21-10-17, 03:27 PM
How did it go love? How are you feeling?

It was horrible, as they are, but I forced myself not to move so they didn’t have to repeat any of the scans. We were there early but they were running late so my anxiety was sky high. I was a bit of a wreck by the time we got home so Si supplied me with chocolate and vodka lol. Anyway, I haven’t had a call today so I’m assuming it’s nothing horrendous. I do have a theory but I’m not saying anything til after I see Neurology ;)

S deleted
21-10-17, 03:29 PM
Well done for getting through it and I’m sure the chocs and vodka helped to settle your nerves. Si’s a goodun.

OldMike
21-10-17, 04:17 PM
Well done on getting through it Paula, mmm chocolate, slurp, slurp. :)

Suzi
21-10-17, 04:58 PM
Glad you got through it lovely x When do you see neurology?

Paula
21-10-17, 07:03 PM
Haven’t had the appt through yet

Suzi
22-10-17, 04:57 PM
OK. Be proactive and call them tomorrow and tell them you've had the scan...

Paula
22-10-17, 07:56 PM
Yes boss ;)

Suzi
23-10-17, 12:44 PM
Have you called them yet? How are you feeling?

Paula
23-10-17, 01:39 PM
I’ve called them but they’ve not got the referral yet - she said it’s showing on the system as on its way and she’s made a note I’ve already had my MRI.

I’m ok but a little anxious still. Mind you, Si’s just told me he’s booked us a couple of nights in a beautiful hotel that’s about half an hour away from us http://www.tylneyhall.co.uk in December :)

S deleted
23-10-17, 02:01 PM
Wowzers!

Suzi
23-10-17, 04:33 PM
That looks beautiful! Well done Si!
Glad that you called - I'd half expected you to have put it off for a while....

OldMike
23-10-17, 05:08 PM
That's brilliant Paula and only 30 minutes drive, you lucky girl. (bear)

Paula
23-10-17, 05:46 PM
That looks beautiful! Well done Si!
Glad that you called - I'd half expected you to have put it off for a while....

Normally, I might have done but I’ve managed to get myself all worked up about what could be the problem so I can’t leave it

Flo
23-10-17, 06:35 PM
The hotel looks lovely Paula! You'll have a wonderful time. Good on you.

Paula
24-10-17, 09:40 AM
Depending on which hour of the day it is, I’ve convinced myself I have a brain tumour or hydrocephalus or am going to lose my sight or that the CRPS has spread to my eyes (and I do t even know if that’s a thing!). I’m trying to be rational and not borrow trouble but am really struggling.

OldMike
24-10-17, 10:27 AM
Awww love wish I could take away your worries (bear) (panda)

Jaquaia
24-10-17, 10:30 AM
(panda) keeping everything crossed (except my legs as that would make walking difficult) that they get you your appointment sorted soon (panda)

Suzi
24-10-17, 12:54 PM
D'you know what? I think right now it's more than OK to be scared witless about what could be happening and what the implications could be. I think it's more than OK for you to be running all the worst case scenarios over and over in your head. Just keep reminding yourself that they are "just thoughts" and "what if's" Whatever it is you'll deal with it together with Si, us, your medical team....

Paula
24-10-17, 01:50 PM
Thank you (Kiss)

Angie
24-10-17, 05:56 PM
What Suzi said hunni.

Paula
24-10-17, 06:27 PM
I don’t know what the nerves at the back of my eyes look like but I do know I’m having to use eye drops several times a day because they’re stinging. I also know that my hearing hasn’t returned since my flu - it’s muffled, Im getting tinnitus and can feel pressure and I get dizzy when I stand up. I don’t know if I should see my GP in case it’s still flu hangover or wait for neurology. I’ve tried ear drops but that hasn’t helped at all, I don’t think they’re blocked.

My jaw is aching I feel so tense and I am only keeping myself from breaking down by sheer willpower

Angie
24-10-17, 09:21 PM
go to the gp hunni as he may also hurry neurology along for you xx

Paula
24-10-17, 11:25 PM
I’ll try neurology tomorrow again and go from there

Suzi
25-10-17, 10:45 AM
I'm with Angie - see your GP and see if they can help it along - whilst giving you a check up at the same time.

Paula
25-10-17, 09:29 PM
Believe it or not, I’ve told Si I’m going to try to see my GP tomorrow. My eyes are stinging worse than ever and the pressure behind my ears is getting worse. I did call neurology but had the same spiel as Monday - except that she was able to tell me that opthmology had put me down for an urgent MRI (which I’ve obviously had) and the referral was ‘in the system’.

Feeling pretty low tonight. I’m so tired of fighting

Suzi
26-10-17, 11:16 AM
I'm really glad that you are going to see the Dr. Hopefully you'll get some answers or someone to help push the referral through...

OldMike
26-10-17, 04:43 PM
Hope you get some answers when you see your GP Paula (bear)

Paula
26-10-17, 05:17 PM
The pressure lessened a bit this morning so i didn’t call the surgery as I really wanted to see my friend. But she has had a lot of experience of the neuro dept recently and tells me she had the same ‘we haven’t got the paperwork yet’ Line from them, partly because the regional neuro centre is in Southampton so our local dept doesn’t see much of the consultants day to day. I’ll call again tomorrow and, if I haven’t heard early next week, I’ll ask my GP to chase it.

In better news, my wedding ring is ready!!!

Suzi
26-10-17, 06:10 PM
Paula! Please, please, please call the GP tomorrow and get someone to check you over...

Hooray for the wedding ring!

Paula
26-10-17, 07:52 PM
I can’t. I’ve got the funeral tomorrow and really couldn’t cope with the gp as well ...

Jaquaia
26-10-17, 08:31 PM
(panda)(panda)(panda)

Suzi
26-10-17, 09:47 PM
Fair enough lovely.. Hope the funeral goes as well as it can do hunni (bear)(bear)

OldMike
27-10-17, 11:49 AM
(bear) (panda)

Paula
28-10-17, 10:56 AM
Morning all! The funeral service was lovely yesterday and even included the poem ‘Ode to High Heels’. She’d have grinned as heels were her passion, other than her cats :).

Added height with an inch,
do not mind the slight pinch.
Putting stilettos on my feet,
buying new ones are a treat.

Red, yellow, black and green,
some faded, some with a glean.
Tiny bows on the toes,
good to use to kick my foes.

Straps that tie around my ankle,
gives me shape not a cankle.
Spiked heels and also chunky,
I love the ones that look funky.

I have over a hundred pairs,
even after I've fallen down some stairs.
Gucci, Prada and some Fendi,
I collect those that are trendy.

Louis Vuitton and Jimmy Choo,
Coach, how could I forget you.
Sparkling heels, some Vera Wang,
Finding the Burberry my heart sang.

Ballet flats are just ok,
but I would pick heels most any day.
Picking for comfort I'm not very smart,
I don't use my brain, I follow my heart.

I am a girly girl in my way,
and my love for it grows each day.
For many this is just a fashion,
for me, it is my passion.

OldMike
28-10-17, 11:19 AM
Brilliant poem Paula.

When I was sat on a bench on the tow path of the Bridgewater canal yesterday a father and his two daughters passed by they were probably 8 or 9 and they both were dressed in ankle length dresses one in powder pink and the other powder blue like two little princesses. I said are those your daughters dressed as little princesses, he said yes, it made me smile and I thought bet our own Miss Sparkles used to dress like that ;) :)

Paula
28-10-17, 03:24 PM
Awww Mike, that’s so sweet :)

Here’s my wedding ring

https://preview.ibb.co/d6zVMR/C2_CA54_AF_19_B6_427_A_9261_F2_AD2_E694_CEF.jpg (https://ibb.co/iV4x1R)
image url (https://imgbb.com/)

Suzi
28-10-17, 07:39 PM
Beautiful ring hunni!

Hope you're doing OK after yesterday lovely..

Paula
28-10-17, 07:43 PM
I’m fine, just tired

Jaquaia
28-10-17, 07:58 PM
So pretty!!!

magie06
28-10-17, 08:05 PM
That's a beautiful ring. (Lucky you).

Paula
28-10-17, 08:26 PM
I am very lucky (blush). Si was so sweet, I’d told him this morning we needed to pick it up and I wanted to go after he finished golf. He was really late getting home so I was all ready to shout at him when he said he’d ‘been busy’ and produced my ring! And now he’s lying down in a darkened room lol

Suzi
28-10-17, 08:32 PM
Aww! That's so lovely!

Angie
29-10-17, 09:45 AM
That is so pretty and bless Si xx

OldMike
29-10-17, 10:59 AM
Beautiful ring Paula you really are a special lady.

Suzi
29-10-17, 12:16 PM
How are you feeling lovely? You OK?

Paula
29-10-17, 04:33 PM
Si took me out this afternoon, which has both cheered me up and worn me out lol ;). I’m ok

Angie
29-10-17, 05:35 PM
Glad you have cheered up huni try and rest now though xx

Suzi
29-10-17, 08:02 PM
Glad you got treated lovely x

Paula
31-10-17, 09:41 PM
Mum and dad have now left the frozen wastes of Northumberland and are southerners again! Woohoo!!!!!!!

Jaquaia
31-10-17, 09:47 PM
(party)(party)(party)

Suzi
31-10-17, 10:15 PM
I'm so thrilled for you! Welcome back to Southerners Land Mr and Mrs Paula's Mum and Dad!

Paula
01-11-17, 09:04 AM
So, my katie has herself in a wonderful predicament. She has been looking for work and her first interview, she gets the job. She tried to hand her notice in on Sunday but her boss refused her resignation and told her they’d been getting together a new role as Assistant Manager which they planned for her to take on. She works for a hair and beauty salon that also has a retail shop to it - where she’s been working as a sales assistant. She had a meeting with her boss yesterday which gave her lots more info on the job and she has an interview with Head Office this Friday. She’s over the moon as the job sounds exactly her thing :)

The other job she’s been offered is a telephone based sales job for a tech company. There’s a good career path for those who do well, the hours are 9-5 (no shifts like she does do) and it’s good pay for a 19 yo. She was supposed to be starting next Monday.

The problem is this. Even though she is obviously excited about the promotion with her current employer, her dad and step mum have spent hours arguing with her, telling her she’s much safer taking the tech role, that it’s riskier staying where she is, that she needs to have a ‘proper’ plan at her age blah blah blah. I’m furious but also proud she’s stood her ground. She’s so upset about it all though. It’s so hypocritical of her dad - he swanned around with his career until his mid 30s. He’s got a good job now but hates his job and, at 48, it’s too late for him to have a career he enjoys. Katie loves what she does and now she knows she can have a decent career with it, it’s all she wanted.

Suzi
01-11-17, 10:15 AM
Wow! Congratulations to Katie! That's flipping well awesome!
I'd be furious too! At the end of the day it's her life and if she wanted to work in McDonalds then she should be allowed to do what makes her happy - life's too short! I'd go with the promotion at work if I was her, they obviously have spotted her potential and are willing to support her and develop her skill set.
Well done Katie!

magie06
01-11-17, 11:29 AM
If it were me, I'd take the promotion at work. If it's what she likes then stick with that. The other job doesn't know her and in my opinion would be a bad move for her. Life is short. Do what she likes.

Angie
01-11-17, 09:32 PM
I agree with Suzi and Magie xx

Paula
02-11-17, 07:22 PM
Spent a lovely day with mum - went to hobby craft this morning then spent the rest of the day doing a craft project for her sisters Christmas lunch. Then saw dad for an hour. Though I fell asleep mid crafts lol

I did have a moment though. My friend set up a massive WhatsApp group to keep everyone up to date on her daughters c section (not as odd as it sounds, the baby has a serious heart defect). My ex friend was in the group and I got a shock when I saw her post. Even after all this time it hurts

Suzi
02-11-17, 08:47 PM
It's going to hurt love. It's the same as grief.... You have to give it time and be kind to yourself.

Paula
03-11-17, 07:41 PM
Katie’s been confirmed as the new Assistant Manager. She is over the moon :)

In other news, I spent the morning at the board meeting for the charity I’d been asked to become a Trustee of. All I will say is, having listened to them all for 2 1/2 hours, they desperately need me. I’m not bragging lol but, as an organisation dedicated to ‘providing information and support to anyone affected by disability in the area’, mental health was not even briefly mentioned the whole time. According to my friend, who’s the vice chair and asked me to consider doing this, until a year ago, their literature lumped mental health in with learning difficulties!

Jaquaia
03-11-17, 09:04 PM
You will be awesome!

Suzi
03-11-17, 09:49 PM
Jaq's right, you will be awesome!

Well done Katie!

Paula
04-11-17, 11:24 AM
Oh my, I was tired last night. Sometimes this juggling act of having a life vs looking after my health is tough. There’s been so much going on and I’ve done too much but I wanted/needed to do it all. Still, all I have to do this weekend is have my hair done and sort out some bits for Si’s birthday on Tuesday so hopefully I’ll be able to catch up ;)

Suzi
04-11-17, 11:39 AM
Make sure you do get resting a priority love.

OldMike
04-11-17, 12:33 PM
Si's birthday on Tuesday hope you got Mr Sparkles something nice :)

Paula
04-11-17, 05:51 PM
Actually, our pampering break in December conveniently falls exactly midway between his and my birthdays so that’s birthday presents sorted ;)

Suzi
04-11-17, 07:33 PM
Fantastic!

magie06
04-11-17, 08:41 PM
How are you feeling now?

Paula
04-11-17, 09:22 PM
Tired, brain is very woolly today

magie06
04-11-17, 09:57 PM
Go to bed so.

Suzi
05-11-17, 09:40 AM
How are you today lovely?

OldMike
05-11-17, 10:06 AM
Morning Paula just popped by to leave you one of these (bear)

Angie
05-11-17, 11:40 AM
Hey hunni how are you?

Paula
05-11-17, 03:35 PM
Eugh. Sore, achy, listless, low, tired of pain, tearful. Otherwise, great

Angie
05-11-17, 04:58 PM
Oh hunni x (bear)

Suzi
05-11-17, 08:10 PM
(bear)(bear)(bear) Anything I can do love?

Paula
05-11-17, 08:18 PM
Nope, I’m just having a blip - I think waiting for the neurology appt is taking its toll. I’ll get through

Angie
05-11-17, 08:22 PM
Is that a long time off yet hunni ?

Suzi
05-11-17, 08:23 PM
I'm not surprised it's taking it's toll, you must be besides yourself with worry.

Paula
05-11-17, 08:29 PM
Is that a long time off yet hunni ?

I don’t know yet

I'm not surprised it's taking it's toll, you must be besides yourself with worry.

I’m trying very hard not to but it’s always on my mind and that’s exhausting

Suzi
05-11-17, 09:26 PM
It really is... Maybe you could talk about it more and maybe that'll help?

OldMike
06-11-17, 10:16 AM
(bear) (panda)

Paula
06-11-17, 11:18 AM
It really is... Maybe you could talk about it more and maybe that'll help?

There’s not an awful lot to say apart from I’d just got over my BP scare only to discover I’m having neuro symptoms. I’ve had an ‘urgent’ MRI but am getting nowhere with neurology so am constantly fretting over what, if anything, is wrong. And I can’t have a massage or acupuncture so my neck, shoulders, lower back and coccyx are really hurting.

Suzi
06-11-17, 11:53 AM
Sorry for being naive, but why can't you have a massage? Can you rest in a bath?
I'm so cross for you that you have to wait so long for the neuro appointment. I assume you're calling them every day?

Paula
06-11-17, 02:07 PM
Because I can’t lie on my front, I have a neck and head massage and, as we don’t know what the problem is with my head, it’s sensible to avoid that area (if I’d had a client with the same problems back when I was a therapist, I’d have said the same). Acupuncture can stimulate all sorts of systems within the body so, again, not wise to go there right now.

Suzi
06-11-17, 08:04 PM
That makes so much sense..... Is there anything else you can do to relax a bit?

Paula
06-11-17, 08:06 PM
I’m trying to relax I promise ;). Still, it’s Si’s birthday tomorrow so we’re spending the day together

Suzi
06-11-17, 08:11 PM
Good! I hope he has a wonderful birthday!

Angie
06-11-17, 10:02 PM
Have a wonderful day tmorrow hunni and happy birthday to Si for us xx

magie06
07-11-17, 09:39 AM
Will you wish Si a happy birthday for today please. Is it a significant birthday this year?

Paula
07-11-17, 10:11 AM
Will you wish Si a happy birthday for today please. Is it a significant birthday this year?

Only that he’s officially late 40s now lol - he’s 47

OldMike
07-11-17, 10:29 AM
Happy birthday Si, now he's passed his mid-forties he can officially be called old so hope you got him a pipe, cardi and furry slippers for his birthday so he can happily while away his later years in front of a roaring log fire ;) (rofl)

Paula
07-11-17, 08:53 PM
We’ve been to the cinema today and gone out for a meal this evening. It was a lovely day :). Mind you, I’m knackered lol

Suzi
07-11-17, 08:56 PM
So glad you had a lovely day together!

Paula
09-11-17, 11:51 AM
I’ve got a meeting with the Disability Forum (BDDF) on 21 Nov. My friend (who’s the Vice Chair) has sent over details of the plans for me (other than Mental Health) - the fb and twitter pages need tweaking and they want me to run them. They also plan to set up a community support forum attached to the website and want me to run that. They also need someone to manage the membership which includes individual and corporate. It does sound a lot but they have a paid adminstrator so I wouldn’t be alone.

Today, however, I’m exhausted so it really sounds a lot. I’m taking it easy so I know it’ll pass

magie06
09-11-17, 11:53 AM
There must be something in the air. There seems to be a lot of treacle about today! I've my jobs done and I only have to go out later to pick Aisling up. Thank goodness.

Suzi
09-11-17, 12:16 PM
That does sound a huge amount! Please be careful about agreeing to take on too many things - you know as well as I do how things can get added to that list too....

Paula
09-11-17, 05:37 PM
this afternoon has got away from me. I’m still so tired, can’t get warm so am wrapped up in a shawl, I ache and just feel woolly itms. I’d given myself today as a catch up on energy but might have to extend that into tomorrow at this rate. I forget CRPS causes fatigue and short term memory loss and then a day like today happens

purplefan
09-11-17, 05:40 PM
I am sorry you had such a rotten day Paula. Keeping you in my prayers. (bear)

Suzi
09-11-17, 08:09 PM
I really think you might have to allow yourself a few days to just "be" itms?

Paula
10-11-17, 09:32 AM
I’m being careful today too. Mum might pop over later but that’s it. We’re at my brothers tomorrow (and with his 4 teenage sons) and bro is going to talk me through some fb and Twitter stuff for me to think about for bddf as he has his own competitions website inc fb, instagram and Twitter so is perfectly qualified to help

OldMike
10-11-17, 09:59 AM
Not wanting to appear a total doofus (word of the day (giggle) ) what does bddf mean :)

Paula I hope your mum pops round and you can have a good ol' mother and daughter chit chat (bear)

Paula
10-11-17, 10:12 AM
Bddf is the charity that has asked me to consider being a Trustee ;)

Suzi
10-11-17, 01:34 PM
Just be careful that you don't take on too much love...

Paula
10-11-17, 04:54 PM
Moi? ;)

Paula
10-11-17, 08:34 PM
Aaarrrggghh my boiler has stopped working. We’ve got no heating and no hot water .... there’s an engineer coming out sometime ‘before midnight’

Jaquaia
10-11-17, 08:42 PM
Narrows it down!!!

Suzi
10-11-17, 10:16 PM
Oh bugger! I hope you've told them that you're disabled and that you need to be a priority!

Paula
10-11-17, 10:17 PM
I did thankfully. And they’ve been, Fixed it and gone! Ah warmth ;)

Suzi
10-11-17, 10:20 PM
Woohoo!

Angie
11-11-17, 12:58 AM
Glad its sorted I so remember no heating and hot water when I moved in here as we had no electricity for 2 weeks so no boiler either no lights no cooker was using camping stoves and camping lights glad that it is sorted

OldMike
11-11-17, 11:10 AM
Cool or rather hot (giggle) that your hot water and heating is sorted, last thing you need at this time of year is boiler failure. (bear)

Paula
11-11-17, 03:37 PM
Have been over to my brothers today as it’s his stepsons 15th. Had the most amazing homemade cake - three sponges, chocolate, vanilla and toffee with salted caramel butter icing and giant buttons nom nom.

OldMike
11-11-17, 04:26 PM
I'm so jealous all that cake (party) hope you brought some cake home too ;)

Paula
11-11-17, 04:38 PM
Oh crap, I meant to for katie but forgot :/

Edit: I took, for me, a big step today. My Christmas tree is the nicest fake one I’ve ever seen but I bought it second hand years ago from my ex best friend that broke my heart. Last year i was still too upset and raw to change it but I’ve just ordered myself a new one so this last reminder can get dumped in the bin!

Jaquaia
11-11-17, 05:01 PM
Go you! It's fab that you've taken that step to protect yourself (panda)

Suzi
11-11-17, 05:09 PM
That's amazing news!! I'm pleased you are looking after you....

magie06
11-11-17, 05:58 PM
It sounds like today was a good day. TV tonight, strictly and then casualty. Then Miss go to bed early.

purplefan
12-11-17, 07:52 AM
Hope your day is a good one Paula.

Suzi
12-11-17, 12:16 PM
How are you today?

Paula
12-11-17, 12:53 PM
Grumpy - Si’s gone away for a couple 9f days and I’m waiting in for the boiler engineer for its annual service ;) otherwise, fine

magie06
12-11-17, 01:25 PM
I'm actually waiting on the boiler man to call too. He was to come on Friday to do a service for us but had 2 emergency calls to do and didn't get back on time to do us. He called and said that it will be next week before he can call. Good job it's only a service and that the boiler is still working or we could be freezing. This weekend is the coldest that we've had so far.

OldMike
12-11-17, 02:46 PM
Hope the boilerman sorts your pipes, tubes and fittings ;) Mike behave you're 70 not 7 (giggle)

Suzi
12-11-17, 04:05 PM
(rofl) Mike!

Where's Si gone? Anywhere nice? I hope that means you're not pushing yourself too hard and are getting some rest in too.
Hope the boilerman arrives soon and it's all easy!

Paula
12-11-17, 04:45 PM
He’s not been yet and I’ve heard nothing but they did say up to 6pm.
Si’s gone to a hotel with some mates to play golf for 2 days. Actually I’m quite relaxed - Katie’s at her boyfriends recovering from ‘the worst hangover of her life’ and jess has been holed up in her bedroom so it’s peaceful lol

Suzi
12-11-17, 05:33 PM
Lol! Take away too I hope so you don't have to cook!

Paula
12-11-17, 05:45 PM
Almost, ribs that take 10 mins in microwave ;)

Suzi
12-11-17, 07:05 PM
Fabulous! :)

magie06
12-11-17, 07:25 PM
At last Strictly is on. I wonder who will go out this evening.

EJ
12-11-17, 08:22 PM
It's Ruth and Anton. Johnnie stays in xx

Suzi
13-11-17, 08:48 AM
Blackpool next week! YAY!

How are you today lovely? What've you got planned?

Paula
13-11-17, 11:00 AM
Morning! So far this morning, Jess overslept, Katie had left a glass on the side of the bath which I knocked into the bath and smashed it, the cleaner’s cried on my shoulder (she’s just lost her mum) and the cat wee’d on the bath mat. So today I’m going to hide away and hope the world doesn’t notice me (giggle)

OldMike
13-11-17, 11:06 AM
At least the cat didn't poop on your bathmat that has to be a plus, you see every cloud has a silver lining ;)

I'll just hug your problems better Paula (bear)

Suzi
13-11-17, 05:31 PM
What a great start to the day! Hope the rest of it has been calmer and easier...

Paula
13-11-17, 05:50 PM
It did and hubby’s home now so even better :) and Jess is in a good mood with me cos I decided to have McDonald’s!

magie06
13-11-17, 07:07 PM
Sending lots of hugs pet. You need them and deserve them. (panda)

Suzi
13-11-17, 09:07 PM
Glad it got easier love. xx

purplefan
15-11-17, 12:34 PM
You sound really upbeat paula. So glad things are a bit better for you and you handled the crisis really well. Anyway long may it continue.

magie06
15-11-17, 01:19 PM
How are you today?

Suzi
15-11-17, 03:51 PM
Are you having a lovely day?

Paula
15-11-17, 03:53 PM
I’m meeting my new housegroup tonight. After recent experiences, I’m a little nervous. Still, in true Church of England form, and as it’s a completely new housegroup in the church, we’re meeting each other over mountains (probably) of food ;)

Suzi
15-11-17, 04:54 PM
Hope you have a brilliant time lovely.

Paula
16-11-17, 10:25 AM
Housegroup was ok. I was extremely twitchy, mind you, so am tired. I can’t rest too much today as I’m seeing mum then out with a friend tonight. Everyone I met last night was lovely though I think I’m going to be at loggerheads with one very intense young man who has some pretty strong views and actually admitted that he purposefully plays devils advocate in discussion all the time.

Suzi
16-11-17, 01:27 PM
At least you know where you stand with him! Glad it went well lovely.

Hope you have a lovely time with Mum and going out tonight. Tomorrow marked as a rest day?

Paula
16-11-17, 03:02 PM
Rest tomorrow, yes ;)

Suzi
16-11-17, 03:21 PM
Proper rest? Like binging on box set rest?

Paula
16-11-17, 03:21 PM
There is nothing in my diary .....

Suzi
16-11-17, 03:39 PM
Awesome! :)

Paula
17-11-17, 05:43 PM
I woke up this morning with this. This is my good ankle :@

https://preview.ibb.co/ksxBk6/94507373_9_E4_E_4_EF9_B917_DFC0_CAB0_D852.jpg (https://ibb.co/cX8HQ6)
best free image hosting sites (https://imgbb.com/)

Suzi
17-11-17, 05:44 PM
What have you done with it? "Just" overdone it?

Paula
17-11-17, 07:17 PM
I have no idea. Though it’s starting to ache now. Ah well, I’ll just keep it up for a while

Suzi
17-11-17, 08:59 PM
R.I.C.E. It - you know what you're doing....

Apart from that, how's the resting going?

Paula
17-11-17, 11:49 PM
I slept late, have done little all day as I’ve been keeping my foot up. So I think I’ve been a good girl ;)

Angie
18-11-17, 10:20 AM
How is your foot today hunni ?

Paula
18-11-17, 11:38 AM
Less swollen than it was. I think I’ve just twisted it

Suzi
18-11-17, 12:26 PM
Still no news about your neuro appointment?

Glad your foot is less swollen lovely. What's on the agenda for today?

Paula
18-11-17, 12:37 PM
Still no news but if there was a major problem they’d have contacted me by now - so I’ve decided not to worry about it ;)

Rest today. I got up at 7.30 and have dosed through the whole morning so obviously I’m not recovered yet lol. Si and Jess are going to see Justice League and I’m not fussed so will leave them to it.

Suzi
18-11-17, 12:43 PM
Justice League looks awesome ;)

Glad you're resting lovely. Make sure you continue to do so ;)

OldMike
18-11-17, 12:59 PM
Speaking of foots (giggle) that reminds me of a joke.

The dam busters could drop a bomb with an accuracy of a foot, so the dam busters were flying over a dam and drop a bomb, a cry comes up from the ground "FOOT OFF" (rofl)

I'm sorry I'll get my hat and coat. (giggle)

After that little joke time to get serious ;) I'm glad your foot is less swollen is it something you've done or is it a CRPS flare up? (think I've got that right).

Whatever the cause I'll hug it better, eeps that sounds rather pervy, being a foot hugger that is (rofl)

Look after yourself Paula and get better soon (bear) (panda)

Paula
18-11-17, 03:43 PM
Thanks Mike :) and yes CRPS flare up is the right term. I’m hoping it’s not that though - I do think it’s sprained as I’m getting twinges when I accidentally twist it. So, hopefully, it’ll be back to normal soon

Suzi
18-11-17, 08:56 PM
Ahh, maybe you just need to rest it a bit more? ;)

Paula
19-11-17, 06:32 PM
Sitting here with ice on my ankle but busting for a wee. What a dilemma .....

Jaquaia
19-11-17, 06:36 PM
Bucket? (giggle)

Paula
19-11-17, 06:57 PM
:P ...

Suzi
19-11-17, 10:00 PM
Did you solve your dilemma?

Paula
19-11-17, 10:03 PM
I had to get up lol.

I’m struggling today, I’ve been in a lot of pain, and still am, and am very tearful

Angie
19-11-17, 10:18 PM
Oh hunni xx (panda)

Suzi
19-11-17, 10:32 PM
Massive gentle hugs gorgeous (panda) (bear)

Paula
20-11-17, 02:51 PM
Ankle is still very swollen .........

https://preview.ibb.co/mmnkXm/98_FD4_C60_DB23_4807_9_F84_F7_BD17646_B85.jpg (https://ibb.co/iKATk6)

OldMike
20-11-17, 04:39 PM
I've got my doctor's hat on here (well my flat cap (giggle) ) all your foot looks swollen and yet there is no bruising, hopefully it'll improve over the next couple of days (bear)

Paula
20-11-17, 05:14 PM
Thank you Mike (Kiss)

Suzi
20-11-17, 08:46 PM
OO Ouchy! Are you drinking enough? Is it worth talking to your Dr/physio?

Paula
20-11-17, 09:01 PM
I’m drinking loads, I always do (and not always wine ;)). I’ll give it a few days before I call the dr. I’m sure it’s just a sprain and normally I wouldn’t worry but when you already have one leg compromised, it’s a touch difficult walking (giggle)

I’ve got my meeting with the charity tomorrow. I spent ages yesterday preparing for it so I’m quite relaxed about it at the moment

Suzi
20-11-17, 09:20 PM
You only need to make your way in and they will know you'll be perfect..

Paula
20-11-17, 09:35 PM
(Kiss)

Suzi
21-11-17, 08:02 AM
What time is your meeting? Thinking of you today.

OldMike
21-11-17, 10:30 AM
Hope all goes well with your meeting today Paula (bear)

Paula
21-11-17, 11:22 AM
Thanks guys. It’s at 1

I iced and elevated my ankle for a couple of hours last night and the swellings gone down almost to normal - hallelujah!

Paula
21-11-17, 03:26 PM
Meeting went very well. They really want me on board from what they were saying. I’m absolutely knackered now mind you!

Suzi
21-11-17, 05:03 PM
I told you they would!! :)

OldMike
22-11-17, 09:57 AM
Of course they wanted you on board because you're awesome (nod)

Paula
22-11-17, 05:30 PM
Yesterday took its toll. I was updating my Xmas lists (and had a bit of a nightmare that meant recreating some of them) and couldn’t remember my brother’s stepson’s name or my best friend’s mum’s name - who I’ve known since I was 11!

Suzi
22-11-17, 06:19 PM
I've had a similar day... (hugs) Hope you get some resting in now love.

Paula
23-11-17, 05:39 PM
all change today with my parent’s move - issues with the house they were buying means that today they’ve pulled out of that purchase and had an offer accepted on another property. Hopefully, it won’t delay things too much - particularly as they’re staying with my brother and, close as we all are, 4 adults and 4 teenage boys in one house has its challenges ;)

We had a call from the hospital who’ve had a cancellation which means Jess will be having her ear surgery on 11 December. .

Angie
23-11-17, 05:48 PM
Blimey they have had a time of it, aww bless Jess but it means its sorted quicker for her aswell

Paula
23-11-17, 05:57 PM
Yeh it will. But we’ve had to do some real encouraging to get her to agree to the op. She wanted to put it off as it’s nasty and with a 3 month full recovery time

Angie
23-11-17, 08:31 PM
Oh bless her can understand her wanting to put it off though xx

Suzi
23-11-17, 09:35 PM
Are they still moving to the IOW? Must be a nightmare with being messed about..

Is Jess OK about it? Have you talked to college? I'm not surprised she's scared. It's a big op isn't it?

So, have you managed to get any rest at all?

Paula
23-11-17, 09:43 PM
Yes, they’re still moving to IOW but it’s been a stressful few days. This is why I hate moving house!

Jess isn’t ok about it but knows it’s got to be done. As they’re all but taking her outer ear off, she’s very worried about scars though the dr told her they’d but behind the ear. And she doesn’t like surgery, who does? So she’s nervous.

Rest has been a non starter today but tomorrow will be better

Suzi
23-11-17, 10:25 PM
I hate moving too! I'm glad that it's all sorted - maybe the new house was meant to be this way?
I really feel for Jess. It sounds like a horrible op, but she's really brave! Does that mean 3 months at home recovering or will she be able to carry on at college etc?

Rest tomorrow, please love...