PDA

View Full Version : Aripiprazole

purplefan
16-08-17, 12:10 AM
So i was given some new medication to cope with my hallucinations and reading a bit about it, it is also treated for mania. it is 5mg so it is not a big does also i was told that i have to come off Citaripram next week reducing gradually and going on Duloxetine 60mg to be taken immediately 1 time a day. Has any one taken Aripiprazole before and what was the effects?

Ratherblue2
16-08-17, 10:48 AM
I have taken abilify before,the side effect I think is restless leg syndrome and also it keeps you awake,it will be a problem if you take it before you sleep.Watch everyone varies on side effect when on same medication.

magie06
16-08-17, 12:03 PM
I was on abilify purple. Restless legs were one of the side effects. Also you could become more sensitive to the sun. Good luck with it.

purplefan
16-08-17, 01:33 PM
Bit worried about the restless leg but not so much the awake .
I have taken abilify before,the side effect I think is restless leg syndrome and also it keeps you awake,it will be a problem if you take it before you sleep.Watch everyone varies on side effect when on same medication.

purplefan
16-08-17, 01:34 PM
I have been told it can put on weight. I am a bit worried about that. Has anyone experienced that?

S deleted
16-08-17, 01:42 PM
It is one that can cause weight gain the same as mirtazapine cos it can increase your appetite.

Suzi
16-08-17, 07:32 PM
I think it's about time that you were offered some more help with your hallucinations..

Amaya
17-08-17, 01:06 PM
I just realised I probably put my comments about hallucination in the wrong thread, sorry Purple.

purplefan
30-08-17, 12:15 PM
Bit of an update on me taking Aripiprazole.
Sitll seeing my hallucination and not experienced any side effects although i am eating a bit more but i mainly eat fruit in the evenings now. I am wondering how long it takes before it starts to work?

Suzi
30-08-17, 01:06 PM
How long have you been on it?

purplefan
30-08-17, 01:40 PM
Two weeks, so not a lot of time.

Suzi
30-08-17, 07:29 PM
Maybe give it this week and then call for a phone consultation or something to double check it with whoever prescribed it?

purplefan
06-09-17, 11:01 AM
Still no change except i am eating a lot more. I have noticed that when i am tired i jump up suddenly and see a flash of light.

Suzi
06-09-17, 08:51 PM
Is it worth calling whoever prescribed it and talk to them about it?