View Full Version : Friday Fab 5's: Friday 28th July 2017

28-07-17, 11:28 AM
It's Friday! Hooray! The sun has got his hat on, and we're almost at the weekend!

So in time honoured tradition I ask the all important question:

What 5 (or more or fewer) things have been positive for you or made you smile this week?

Remember, no negativity and anything that has been positive for you counts!

Mine, to get you started:

~ Stella coming to play ;)
~ It's the second day of my IMPACT course - psychology, mindfulness, physio for pain.
~ Spending time with my babies - love having them at home
~ Kitchen blitzing
~ Hair cut ;)

Your turn ;)

28-07-17, 11:41 AM
Blitzing the housework.
Getting to see Paula and Suzi
Booking a night away at the end of the month and looking forward to getting up to mischief with Jaq.
Tons of puppy cuddles with so many dogs.
Getting through a tough counselling session when cancelling would have been the easiest option.

28-07-17, 12:47 PM
- getting told Stella is coming up to play next month! Yay!
- support from here as always
- new clothes!
- actually checking my emails and 10 minutes later being the very excited owner of the deluxe cd and print bundle (signed may I add) of the Stereophonics new album upon its release in November! Can't wait!!!! Now I just need to find the signed cards that came with "Graffiti on the Train"....

28-07-17, 01:12 PM
Just in case anyone missed my post - down a pound and a half this week.

Really enjoying going through Aisling's wish list with her. There are good things on the list.

I'm so amazed that I'm spending so much of my time really glad that I'm feeling so much better. Hard to believe when I look back at what I was like this time last year.

I've had my last counselling session with Michelle and I cried saying good bye to her. After all this time I'm going to miss my weekly sessions with her.

I'm actually looking forward for the first time in years. I'm not sure how long I've been doing this, but I am really looking forward and not behind me as I was doing for so long.

28-07-17, 02:19 PM
Epic fab 5 Magie. Well done.

28-07-17, 04:34 PM
I second Stella! Magie that's awesome (and made me cry a little!)

- having Stella over to create a new coat for me just by stroking Polo for 3 hours! ;)
- making a decision about a chair that suits my needs
- having a lovely lunch at the local tearoom with my bff
- finally deciding what to,get Si for our anniversary
- Getting rid of the fugly chair ;)

28-07-17, 06:05 PM
These are all so brilliant! Thank you all for sharing!!!

28-07-17, 07:17 PM
- Spent a couple of days staying with my auntie who I haven't seen for three months! We had a great chat and a good laugh!
- Went to an interview regarding getting a bursary for volunteering in India at the end of this summer - result looks very promising!
- Had a really positive CBT session!
- Spent the day with my brother and his family today and had a lovely time - My baby niece loves me to bits and it's always a boost knowing I'm the favourite auntie, hehe ;)
- Accepted my limitations with work, reclaimed for the ESA I deserved (and got through an hour call with a not so pleasant person unfortunately) and was honest with my current employers about having health problems. I confronted the situation face on!

30-07-17, 10:58 AM
A tad late but here's my selection.

Scrummy lunch at the Old Boathouse
Custard Club with Eton mess for pud.
Carol's charity tea party, played a few games had a few laughs and ate some scrummy scones.
Bridge even got a grand slam, yipee.
Nursie was satisfied with my weight gain, so I celebrated with a lovely lunch at the White Horse.