PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

Arty
18-07-17, 07:28 PM
Hi there,
It's been a while since I posted anything so I thought I would wave and say hi.
I shocked myself this morning when I managed to tip a whole teapot of boiling water over my knee/leg. I recognise that this is a sign I need to slow things down! Life has been very busy with end of term stuff and eldest going on her first abroad trip (which I know I have been anxious about)
I do think I am more accepting of my mental health condition now.. I am never going to be someone who can take on a lot of different things at one time & stress has to be kept to a minimum. I'm ok with that and I am enjoying life and having more fun these days!
I recognise how far I have come since my darkest, scariest times of severe depression. If you are reading this and are in that zone at the current time then please hang in there, life does get better and joy does return.
Arty xx

Suzi
18-07-17, 08:22 PM
OO Ouch for your knee! Are you OK?
It's lovely to see you hunni!

Paula
18-07-17, 08:29 PM
Hi sweetie :) Do you need to see a dr about your knee?

Arty
19-07-17, 12:19 PM
I went to A&E straight after it happened so it has been looked at, thanks.
I'm taking it steady again today. I am using the time to catch up on some crochet and write a few lists
Xx

Suzi
19-07-17, 01:32 PM
Well done for getting it looked at. What are you crocheting?

Arty
19-07-17, 03:21 PM
Thanks Suzi. I'm just starting my third 'Attic 24' blanket. They use the same stitch over and over again so even if I am struggling I can still do them :) I've started going back to a crochet group too :) also my paints are out!

Suzi
20-07-17, 08:44 AM
I love Attic 24! :)
You sound fairly happy? Are you really OK?

Paula
20-07-17, 09:14 AM
Morning, lovely. How are you?

Arty
20-07-17, 09:57 AM
Thank-you for your concern my friends. I am still taking things very steady.
Lovely that you know of Attic 24 Suzi. I am making my second Cosy Stripe blanket. It is so simple but looks wonderful when completed. x

Paula
20-07-17, 10:11 AM
I'd love to see pics :)

Suzi
20-07-17, 01:43 PM
I'm an avid follower of Lucy ;) I'd also love to see pics!

Arty
20-07-17, 02:05 PM
How do I post a photo on here Suzi?

Suzi
20-07-17, 02:28 PM
It's easier to show you this thread where Angie has posted a great help thread...

http://www.dealingwithdepression.co.uk/showthread.php?3982-How-to-post-pictures-in-the-forum

Arty
20-07-17, 03:47 PM
http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah317/emma_hartley1/image_zpsly4x3k0v.jpg (http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/emma_hartley1/media/image_zpsly4x3k0v.jpg.html)

Arty
20-07-17, 03:47 PM
Hope you can see the photo ok x

Amaya
20-07-17, 05:05 PM
Hi thanks for your encouraging words in the beginning of this thread. It always helps to know it can get better.

I can never see anything that anyone posts on here with photobucket any more. I used to be able to, and now it never works.

Paula
20-07-17, 05:08 PM
I'm having the same problem as Emmy ...

Pen
20-07-17, 05:17 PM
Likewise

Suzi
20-07-17, 08:09 PM
and me - it seems to be a photobucket issue. I think it's a way to try to get people to upgrade their accounts...

Arty
21-07-17, 07:31 AM
I'll try to find an alternative way to post the picture. I'm going away with my family on Monday, really looking forward to the break (party)I'll be taking my crafting stuff with me. Looking forward to having some fun with my children in the school hols x

Suzi
21-07-17, 08:42 AM
Hope you have a good time away. You going anywhere nice?

Paula
21-07-17, 08:46 AM
I've started using ImgBB for my photos

Arty
21-07-17, 09:17 AM
Thanks Paula, I will give it a try.

Arty
21-07-17, 09:19 AM
We aren't going far but there is a really good swimming pool and lots of entertainment :) I'm going with the kids and my Mum so we will have a great time. No cooking for a few days too - yay!

Suzi
21-07-17, 01:05 PM
Sounds fabulous

Arty
28-07-17, 07:39 PM
We're back from our break. It was really successful. However I do feel very tired in the school holidays and this makes MH worse. Just doing my best really. Sometimes I feel alone, even when I have family and friends in touching distance.

Suzi
29-07-17, 12:49 PM
I'm glad you had a good break. I think we all feel like that sometimes. Are you able to plan in rest days or practise more pacing?

Arty
29-07-17, 01:09 PM
I'm glad you had a good break. I think we all feel like that sometimes. Are you able to plan in rest days or practise more pacing?
Thanks for your reply Suzi.
I am trying to feel less guily about asking the children to pull their weight around the house. They are old enough to do a lot of different jobs, including some cooking and seeing as I am now a single parent we have to work as a team.
You are right re:pacing. I am getting better at this (nod) I really appreciate having your support on here. It is so important to have an outlet when things start to build up xx

Suzi
29-07-17, 01:54 PM
There is no reason why your kids can't help - actually we were talking about this in my pain group yesterday and that actually instead of feeling guilty about it, you should see it as preparing them for the future!

Paula
29-07-17, 08:08 PM
Myself and my brother were doing plenty of chores from about 10 years old (though tidying bedroom was earlier). Both our parents worked full time and my dad was in the Fire Service so worked very long hours and our help was needed. It never did either of us any harm yet I still feel guilty asking my kids to empty the dishwasher as I am at home therefore they 'shouldn't' need to help out. But, I'm at home because I'm too ill to work so need their help. And these are skills they need to learn before they're sent out into the big wide world. So, though I'm horrendous at this too, please don't feel guilty. There's no reason for them not to help out

Arty
30-07-17, 08:29 AM
Thank-you so much for your useful replies. Yesterday afternoon my eldest did a lot to help (youngest was out) and it allowed me to properly rest. I haven't planned a lot for the week ahead. Also, I am fitting in some 'Headspace' time again.
My journal is also useful, writing feelings down.

Suzi
30-07-17, 11:42 AM
Sounds really positive lovely. Well done!

Arty
30-07-17, 07:29 PM
Thank-you Suzi x

Arty
20-09-17, 06:31 PM
Hi there,
Just wanted to tell you that I have been to the psychiatrist today (nod) I go every 6 months to monitor my progress. I told him the things I am doing to stay well eg. Using my SAD lamp, writing in my journal, walking etc. etc. We agreed to keep my meds’ the same as they seem to be working. When I consider where I was a few years ago, I have really have come a long way. Just need to keep pacing myself! Seeing a good MH professional really can help, I am very grateful. Hope you are all doing ok xx

OldMike
20-09-17, 08:32 PM
Such a positive post Arty, continue doing what you're doing it seems to be working. :)

Suzi
20-09-17, 09:51 PM
That's so fabulous. I was wondering how you were doing ;)

Arty
22-10-17, 09:15 AM
Hi,
Me again (hi)
I am getting the warning signs to slow down again. When I start to feel better my brain says ‘you don’t need your meds’. In fact, every day I have the medication argument in my head. Acceptance of your condition, whatever it is, is a huge thing. 19 months since my husband left & I am still doing ok.
I wish you all a happy Sunday xx

Paula
22-10-17, 10:26 AM
You’re doing ok? That’s fab. I hope you’re going to need the warning signs tho ....

OldMike
22-10-17, 10:37 AM
Hi Arty, yep accepting your condition and that you need meds is a good step, I'm glad you're doing okay :)

Suzi
22-10-17, 05:26 PM
Are you slowing down a bit? Taking care of you? Still taking your meds?

Arty
22-10-17, 05:38 PM
Yes, still taking my meds Suzi. We have had take-away tea for tonight which gives me a rest. This time of year always seems to be a trigger for me, i’m really aware of it. Just need to pace myself this week, being half term.

Suzi
22-10-17, 05:46 PM
Definitely pace yourself lovely. Maybe plan some "movie days" or similar?

Arty
22-10-17, 06:32 PM
Yes, great idea Suzi. I try not to promise things to the children in advance, better to decide on the day what I can cope with. I do think that the children appreciate my need to rest, bless them.

Suzi
23-10-17, 12:42 PM
Actually I think the children need to just rest and "be" too itms? We're having a half term at home and pretty much not going out much as I had an op last week, but actually my kids have been brilliant about it and we're apparently going to do loads of "other things" instead. We're going to watch some movies, sing some songs, read some stories, listen to music, they are cooking dinner etc It's about doing the best things that you can do each day, and actually with some imagination you can have brilliant experiences without leaving the house or getting dressed - what about them putting on a fashion show using whatever clothes they find? What about them deciding what you wear for the day? Silly things which make smiles and memories...

Arty
23-10-17, 04:29 PM
You’re right Suzi, there is a lot of pressure on parents to be ‘doing stuff’ with their kids, especially in a materialistic way. Sometimes the simplest of things are the ones that are enjoyed the most. My youngest helped me to write ideas for my comfort box. I hope that this will encourage them to look after their MH too.

Suzi
23-10-17, 04:38 PM
Absolutely - maybe they could make their own?

magie06
04-11-17, 04:24 PM
Hi Arty, how are you doing? Did you survive the mid-term break that the kids had? Ours is over on Monday, Aisling goes back and Gerry is also going back to work on Monday.

Arty
04-11-17, 08:03 PM
Hi Magie,
Thanks for asking (nod) We had a good week and are now back into routine. I am pleased this weekend as we have done some decorating together! Hope you are ok too x

Suzi
04-11-17, 08:38 PM
Glad you've got some decorating done together!

Paula
04-11-17, 09:30 PM
Hi love, good to see you

magie06
04-11-17, 09:47 PM
I'm doing great thanks. It's lovely to see you around again. Decorating sounds like a fun thing to do. Anything I try to do with Aisling this weather is shot down. 'I don't want to do that' 'I'm bored'. And still she won't help with chores or anything. She's really starting to act like a teenager and we have 2 more years before that happens.

Arty
12-11-17, 05:05 PM
Hello there,
I thought I would wave (hi) I have started my Christmas shopping today, spending the day with my lovely Mum. We had such fun and it makes me realise how much joy is in my life now. I have treated myself to 2 crochet magazines this weekend (just because!) I hope you are all having a good weekend.
Xx

Suzi
12-11-17, 05:21 PM
That's a wonderful, wonderful post! So glad you're having fun with it all and that you're doing well.

Paula
12-11-17, 05:35 PM
That’s fab! :)

Arty
29-11-17, 06:51 PM
Oh dear..I seem to be struggling today. I think it could be Christmas approaching & the reality of being single. So many thoughts of the past and future. Trying to stay present and doing all the self-care stuff x

Suzi
29-11-17, 09:18 PM
Oh I'm sorry you're having a harsh day... Are you doing Christmas on your own with the kids? What about meeting up with other friends who might be in a similar situation?

Arty
29-11-17, 10:24 PM
Thanks Suzi. They are with their Dad for the first time this year. I am feeling ok about that at the moment as I have made plans with other relatives. I think it is just all the lead up, all the retail stuff and also my interaction with couples. I know in my rational mind that the cosy view of the perfect Christmas is often far from the truth. Nevertheless, I am constantly questioning why my partner decided to leave. It’s like a tape being played over and over in my head. He was always the person who helped guide me through life.

Suzi
30-11-17, 10:28 AM
Oh sweetheart, I'm sorry. Maybe we can help talk you through things, rather than him?

Arty
30-11-17, 01:00 PM
Thank-you Suzi. I actually meant an inner dialogue with him. I am proud of myself that for some considerable time now I have resisted texting him about our past. I only text him about practical matters concerning the children now. Thankfully, the waters seem to have calmed again. I think I fall into the trap of not bothering people on here until things get awful (volume of negative thoughts getting unbearable! - like yesterday) Having said that, quite often it creeps up on you doesn’t it?
I know that I have friends on here and it does mean so much that people fully understand how horrible anxiety is xx

Suzi
30-11-17, 01:37 PM
You really do have friends here, who really do care. Sweetheart we're here for the good times and the not so great ones. Use us x

magie06
30-11-17, 09:49 PM
How are you doing now?

Arty
01-12-17, 09:42 AM
Hi Maggie,
Thank-you for asking, I seem to be much better thankfully. I’m going to try and take things steadier! Christmas brings a lot of pressure and stirs a lot of memories/feelings. I am going to check in more regularly on here.
How are you?
x

Paula
01-12-17, 09:43 AM
Not sure if I’ve asked this before, how old are your kids?

magie06
01-12-17, 10:12 AM
Hi Arty. Good morning. I hope the weather is good where you are. At the moment we've had a very cold snap but it's very dry and at least I can get out for a walk.

I'm doing very well thank you.

Suzi
01-12-17, 10:48 AM
Morning lovely!
Christmas is one of those times which really does stir both good and bad memories/emotions.

Arty
01-12-17, 10:51 AM
They’re 10 & 12 Paula.

Paula
02-12-17, 09:20 AM
I loved those ages, though I may be remembering things through rose tinted glasses ;)

Suzi
02-12-17, 10:40 AM
Are they excited for Christmas?
How are you feeling today lovely?

Arty
03-12-17, 08:51 AM
Hi, we put the Christmas decorations up yesterday. I do love the age the children are now, they are great companions. I haven’t been swimming since Weds but plan on going today, I know it’s really good for my MH.
I don’t think I have mentioned that I have a cat? He is a 4 year old boy and I spoil him lol. Love the fact that he is here 24/7. I enjoy crochet, as I have already mentioned, and have made two Christmas wreaths recently. My idea of heaven is sitting on the sofa with a good historical drama on TV (I have just watched an excellent one about Wallis Simpson on 5 catch up) surrounded by my wool and a nice cuppa. Simple pleasures eh? x

Paula
03-12-17, 11:36 AM
What’s his name?

I tried to learn how to crochet but didn’t get very far so I’m super impressed you can do it;)

Suzi
03-12-17, 01:44 PM
I love to crochet too! I've been making things for my family for Christmas. I love it. It's one of my happy things! Are you on ravelry? Are you on facebook? There are some lovely and friendly groups on there which I'm part of and happy to add you to them if you want?

Arty
03-12-17, 02:18 PM
What’s his name?

I tried to learn how to crochet but didn’t get very far so I’m super impressed you can do it;)

My cat’s name is Joe 🐾 thank-you Paula

Arty
03-12-17, 02:19 PM
I love to crochet too! I've been making things for my family for Christmas. I love it. It's one of my happy things! Are you on ravelry? Are you on facebook? There are some lovely and friendly groups on there which I'm part of and happy to add you to them if you want?

Just added you on Facebook Suzi x

Suzi
03-12-17, 06:33 PM
I have added you and added you to a few of the lovely groups I'm part of. My favourite is the hookers group ;)

Arty
05-12-17, 03:21 PM
It’s turning into a busy week. I have just cancelled tomorrow’s plans so I can catch up. Also, practising self-care with some chocolate and a new magazine (a knitting one this time!) I thought I would give knitting another go over Christmas. I only have a few presents to buy now. Phew! x

Paula
05-12-17, 03:34 PM
Well done for knowing your limits :)

Suzi
05-12-17, 05:25 PM
It's so important to pace, important but so hard! Well done!

Arty
10-12-17, 04:45 PM
Hello my friends,
Snow is falling outside here and it is actually settling on the grass too. It has been a long time since we have had snow here. I’ve been out for lunch today which was lovely. It has been a busy few days so definitely time to relax this afternoon. My cat is fascinated by the snowflakes, so cute to watch! I’m going to make a planner for the next few weeks as things are crazily busy. Important to take each day as it comes....x

magie06
10-12-17, 07:19 PM
We had snow here today too. It's been so long that I had forgotten how to make a snowman. But we got there in the end.

Suzi
10-12-17, 10:24 PM
Good for you! Making a planner sounds like a brilliant idea!

Paula
11-12-17, 10:52 AM
Hi hunni, still got snow?

Arty
11-12-17, 12:54 PM
It didn’t settle thankfully. I have really struggled this weekend. I think part of it is due to a hormonal thing in the middle of the month (I have noticed a pattern) Today seems better but I am going to take things really steadily today. I feel like I have run a marathon.

Suzi
11-12-17, 01:41 PM
A pacing day isn't a bad plan lovely..

Arty
12-12-17, 05:11 PM
Hi all, I feel sooo much better today! Some joy has returned to my thoughts, how lovely (blush)x

Paula
12-12-17, 05:54 PM
Yay!!!

Suzi
12-12-17, 08:15 PM
That's awesome! Long may the joyous thoughts stay!

Arty
13-12-17, 07:06 PM
Thank-you both �� I have been for a swim & then out for a Christmas lunch today with my Mum. My knitting is coming along nicely. I’m going to carry on pacing myself, ok is ok eh?

Paula
13-12-17, 07:06 PM
Definitely ;)

Suzi
13-12-17, 08:39 PM
More than OK! How's your mood lovely?

Arty
14-12-17, 03:49 PM
Thank-you for asking Suzi :) i’ve been out with my Dad this morning. I used a lot of spoons as he has memory problems. I was fine until I got petrol on the way home and there was a mix up over payment and my anxiety/OCD thoughts have gone through the roof. The rest of the day is free though and I bought some new wool this morning (inlove)
Speaking about my Dad, I think there could be a need to refer him to a psychiatrist after Xmas. He has been suffering with headaches and seems very nervy. Scans aren’t showing anything untoward. I am noticing similarities between him and myself as regards MH (there is family history of problems) It is such a comfort to be able to talk about this on here x

Paula
14-12-17, 05:19 PM
How old is he, hunni?

Arty
14-12-17, 06:00 PM
He’s 75..so physically fit but his mood is so low at times.

magie06
14-12-17, 06:35 PM
That's a great age. Maybe a trip to your dad's GP might be somewhere to start.

Suzi
14-12-17, 09:38 PM
I agree with Magie - I'd start with his GP. I'm so glad you came here and are feeling able to talk about everything. I'm so glad you had a lovely day with your Dad lovely.

Arty
17-12-17, 05:12 PM
Oh dear.. really struggling today. Lots of tears flowing ;(

Paula
17-12-17, 07:04 PM
(panda)

Suzi
17-12-17, 07:53 PM
Oh sweetheart do you know why you are finding today so hard?

Arty
17-12-17, 08:37 PM
My sleep was disrupted for some reason last night. This afternoon the tears just came and my children comforted me. We went out for a change of scene and then they cooked tea. I feel so tired.

Suzi
17-12-17, 08:42 PM
It's always lovely when they look after you and cook tea isn't it? Masses of hugs love. I had a crap night last night too... but mine was down to our eldest dog lol who nearly became a rug during the night....

Arty
18-12-17, 08:01 PM
After a rough start, today has got better (nod) I went swimming and then out for lunch with friends. Great to feel loved! I am child free tonight which is good as I can have a mental rest. I am going to swim again tomorrow morning to keep stress levels down. Onwards and upwards! x

Paula
18-12-17, 08:23 PM
Really good to hear :)

Suzi
18-12-17, 08:51 PM
I love your fighting spirit...

shine
18-12-17, 11:39 PM
I too love crochet. I first picked it up from here the original dwd page. Then I self taught myself. I find it really helps to distract and calm my mind. I just made dd a scarf which I'm really proud of. She doesn't really want to wear it but I'm still pleased I made it. What things do you like to make.

Arty
19-12-17, 07:40 AM
I have made a couple of blankets, toys, scarves and recently a Xmas wreath. At the moment I am knitting a cowl. I agree with you re: calming the mind. If you like to read, have a look at ‘Crochet saved my life:The mental and physical health benefits of crochet’.

Arty
20-12-17, 07:40 PM
Hi my friends, today has been a really good day. This morning I met a really good friend for a cuppa and then took my fabulous children ice skating (with a friend each) My Mum & I watched them & were so proud of the individuals they have become. I feel calm tonight and am going to catch up with some TV and crochet. Hope you are all ok too x

Suzi
21-12-17, 09:55 AM
Hi my friends, today has been a really good day. This morning I met a really good friend for a cuppa and then took my fabulous children ice skating (with a friend each) My Mum & I watched them & were so proud of the individuals they have become. I feel calm tonight and am going to catch up with some TV and crochet. Hope you are all ok too x
Just wanted to highlight how awesome this is!!! So pleased for you love.

Arty
22-12-17, 01:45 PM
Today is the day the kids go to their Dad for Xmas. I can feel myself getting mentally tired so although I will miss them, I think the break will do me good. Once again, I must say how great it is for people to have DWD to support them over Xmas. I think there is a lot of pressure on people to look and feel happy. Talking really helps (nod)

Suzi
22-12-17, 07:18 PM
So glad you're finding it useful to be able to talk. You're so lovely that I'm honoured to have the chance to get to know you.

magie06
22-12-17, 10:49 PM
I hope that you'll be okay while the kids are with their dad. It sounds like you will have enough to keep you busy for the next few days.

Paula
23-12-17, 09:42 AM
How are you doing, hunni?

Arty
23-12-17, 01:45 PM
Hi there, i’m good thank-you Paula. I’ve been for a swim this morning (nod) I am getting things organised for Christmas with my Mum and step-Dad. Just having a sit down before seeing friends this afternoon. Hope you are ok too.

Suzi
23-12-17, 02:35 PM
Well done lovely. Have a wonderful day.

magie06
24-12-17, 05:05 PM
How is today going for you? Have you everything done? All ready now for a visit from the man in the red suit.

Arty
24-12-17, 05:26 PM
Merry Christmas everyone (party) thank-you for asking Magie. I am away with my Mum and step dad in a hotel for the next two nights. It is beautiful here. It wasn’t far to drive and I am feeling very fortunate to be pampered. Always good to have a change of scene too (nod) How are you all doing? x

Paula
24-12-17, 08:43 PM
Oh that sounds a lovely way to spend Christmas :)

Suzi
24-12-17, 09:39 PM
That sounds lovely!

Arty
26-12-17, 06:48 PM
Hi all, I am home now & the girls are back with me (nod)& lots of fabulous TV to catch up on! I intend to pace myself over the next week or so. Hope all is well with you :)

Suzi
26-12-17, 11:03 PM
So glad you're home and the girls are back. Hope you had a lovely time though x

Arty
27-12-17, 08:39 AM
Yes Suzi it was wonderful. Lovely to spend quality time with my Mum and step dad. :)

Paula
27-12-17, 09:58 AM
Great to hear!

Suzi
27-12-17, 11:10 AM
So pleased for you!

Arty
28-12-17, 05:05 PM
Ah...the spoon thief has been here. (rofl) i’m going to spend the rest of the day with my crochet, journal, TV and my scented candles x

magie06
28-12-17, 06:01 PM
That sounds like a lovely way to spend an afternoon.

Suzi
28-12-17, 08:19 PM
Spoon thief has been here too! Hope you've had a brilliant afternoon lovely.

Arty
28-12-17, 08:47 PM
Thank-you ladies. I’m watching Call the Midwife from Christmas Day. Lovely how they have made Poplar snowy.

Suzi
28-12-17, 10:24 PM
I really enjoyed it!

magie06
29-12-17, 06:10 PM
I missed it and the BBC iplayer doesn't work here. I'll have to wait for the repeat.

Arty
29-12-17, 06:28 PM
Ah..that’s a shame Magie. Today I have been for a walk, taken the car to the garage and been to the studio (I have really missed going there over the last week!!) Tonight I am watching The Great Gatsby and having pizza for tea. The kids are with their Dad so time to recharge. What has everyone been doing today? Oh..very cold wind here...brrrr x

Suzi
29-12-17, 10:36 PM
Sounds lovely! We've been spending time together playing games tonight, it's been lovely.

magie06
31-12-17, 02:08 PM
Hi Arty, how are things? Have you something nice planned for today? It's been very wet here this morning, but do you know what? I've been walking after dropping Aisling to school since September. I normally go to the park and just do one round before I come home. I find it impossible to get out if I miss it in the morning. But since the holidays started I've been staying at home. I'm not going to be very good when I go back to it next week. Oh well, such are our trials.

Arty
31-12-17, 02:44 PM
Hi Magie, i’m good thank-you. Glad to hear you like walking :) i’ve been swimming this morning. We are going to a house party tonight ( me and the kids) It will be a quiet affair, nobody getting really drunk. We will only stay until 10ish, but it will be nice to see friends (nod) This afternoon I am watching Little Women & doing a little crochet. What are you up to Magie? X

magie06
31-12-17, 02:47 PM
I've been to see my mum and dad, just going to have the lunch in a few moments and for the afternoon, I'm going to do some more of my knitting. We have no plans for tonight though. Our local hotel is charging 50 euro each for their party tonight. A lot out of our league I'm afraid. Aisling is insisting on staying up till after midnight to ring in the new year. I think she might be on her own!!

Arty
31-12-17, 03:03 PM
That sounds a lovely afternoon. How old is your daughter? My two are quite keen to stay up too but they know I love my bed too much ! (whew) i’ve taken the decorations down and hoovered around. Lovely. What wool are you knitting with Magie?

magie06
31-12-17, 03:36 PM
I'm knitting with 4-ply wool this time. The needles are tiny and if I get 4 or 5 rows done per night I'm delighted. But it's what I enjoy doing so I can't see me stopping anytime soon.

Aisling is 11 now. Loves her make-up and brushes that she got for Christmas. I'm actually finding it hard to keep up with her!

Arty
31-12-17, 06:58 PM
Ahh 4 or 5 rows is brilliant!
Mine are a similar age, I agree re: make-up. I’m feeling a bit weary tonight and part of me would love to stay home and put my pjs on!! (snooze)I will make an effort to go to the party though!

Suzi
31-12-17, 08:21 PM
Hope you enjoy the party! We're staying at home too and I'm sitting with my new crochet project! Have started a massive ripple blanket ;)

Arty
01-01-18, 09:31 AM
Ooh exciting Suzi, can’t wait to see a photo :)

Suzi
01-01-18, 01:20 PM
Hope you had a lovely evening..

Arty
01-01-18, 01:54 PM
It was lovely thank-you. We came home about 10:15 as we felt tired. I felt honoured to be invited as there were only about 10 people there (including children) I am low on spoons today (well, it is the end of the school holidays)

Suzi
01-01-18, 02:37 PM
I think everyone is low on spoons today. May I recommend a snuggle on the sofa with a movie and crochet day?

Arty
02-01-18, 11:50 AM
Hello, I spent the evening with a friend last night watching a film and having a take-away. Lovely to have great friends! Today, myself and the girls are doing a buffet for 7 of us (not until 6pm) It is easy entertaining, opening packets etc. I am going to take it steady this afternoon though. Hope you are all ok x

Suzi
02-01-18, 11:51 AM
That sounds lovely, on all counts! Make sure you rest and pace though lovely x

Paula
02-01-18, 11:54 AM
That does sound lovely :)

Arty
02-01-18, 02:35 PM
My eldest has volunteered to be in charge of the buffet! Love that they are at the age that they can do these things. Atm my bottom is velcro-ed to the sofa - lovely x

Suzi
02-01-18, 05:28 PM
Hoorah for a velcro'd bottom! (rofl)