PDA

View Full Version : small items that help you cope.

purplefan
10-05-17, 03:44 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/calming_touch

I found this interesting article about small items that helped people cope with their depression and anxiety. One chap has a ring and a neckless; one woman has a small stuffed dog to deal with anxiety and someone else plays the guitar.
I know it sounds like the blue blanket that people carry round and that's okay if it calms you, so what little nick naks do you carry that help you?

I have a photo of my boys that i carry round in my wallet that i look at they were the first photo i took of them when they were born.

S deleted
10-05-17, 05:11 PM
Ok this is where I come clean about my Superman obsession. For those who don't know and S on his chest doesn't stand for Superman, the logo is kinda like a kryptonian family crest representing the house of El. It is the symbol of 'hope'. I'm actually scared to be hopeful, thinking that if I get my hopes up and things don't work out it will hurt so much more. I need to be reminded that there is always hope, always I reason to keep going. I've always got something on me with the logo on it.

Suzi
10-05-17, 09:45 PM
Of course there's always hope... That was the last thing in Pandora's Box remember...