PDA

View Full Version : My Positive Days Post

Pages : [1] 2

Pen
23-09-16, 01:30 PM
For the times when things are going well....

Today started off slow. Had trouble getting in gear. By 11 oclock I was just happy that I had got up, showered, dressed and walked the dog. Since then I have been a bit better and got out into the studio. I rearranged the clay store and unloaded half a tonne of clay from a pallet in the drive and got it put away. Hubby was going to do it but I could not wait any longer for him and thought hey, I can do this, one 12.5kg bag at a time. and I did! Who needs a man!!! (rock)

Paula
23-09-16, 01:51 PM
That's a fantastic idea for a thread :)

rose
23-09-16, 02:14 PM
I bet moving all that clay is great exercise too! I think a positive days thread is a great idea :)

Angie
23-09-16, 03:51 PM
Brilliant idea for a thread, and well done moving all the clay

Pen
23-09-16, 04:02 PM
I bet moving all that clay is great exercise too!
It certainly was! Pottery really improves your upper body strength (rofl)

As to the thread I thought my positive days get lost in my desperate thread and it would be nice to have somewhere I and others if they want to could record when things weren't so bad and when I am having a bad day I can look back at all the better ones.

Suzi
23-09-16, 06:26 PM
What a fantastic thread! Well done for getting all of that clay moved - but I hope you didn't overdo it too much!

OldMike
23-09-16, 08:48 PM
Great idea for a thread Pen.

Since reading your threads and FB page I realise that ceramics is a very physical art form what with moving big bags of clay and wedging clay you certainly need to be fit.

Pen
23-09-16, 09:35 PM
Had another positive this evening. Ember got very excited when hubby came by and took several toys out. Then she decided that none of these were right and put them back in the toybox. I have never seen her put her toys away before!! (rofl)

Paula
23-09-16, 10:07 PM
Awwww

OldMike
24-09-16, 09:28 AM
Had another positive this evening. Ember got very excited when hubby came by and took several toys out. Then she decided that none of these were right and put them back in the toybox. I have never seen her put her toys away before!! (rofl)

awwww so cute. :)

Suzi
24-09-16, 10:36 AM
That's so brilliant.

Pen
30-09-16, 06:49 PM
After a week of struggling through treacle a few little rays of sunshine came through the clouds and I have started to feel a bit better today. This was helped by being able to secure a piece of essential kit I need for the pottery. I had thought I had missed out on this on ebay but the other buyer could not complete the purchase and so its been offered to me. New this would cost £2250 but the one I am going to get has only been used 3 times is almost brand new and will cost me £800 plus fuel for hubby to go and get it! It will save me hours of work as well as saving me money on clay. I think within a year it will be well on its way to paying for itself.

Suzi
30-09-16, 09:02 PM
So thrilled for you lovely!

Pen
02-10-16, 08:42 PM
Well I'm back home. Ten hours on the road and despite traffic jams not a sharp word between us! The model turned out to be a smaller one than I had expected but I was happy to take it at a £100 discount. Ah the things that man will do for me!

Paula
02-10-16, 08:54 PM
Yay! So glad you got it - although it's very therapeutic watching you do whatever it is you do to that clay lol

Suzi
02-10-16, 09:08 PM
Yay!!!

Flo
03-10-16, 10:24 AM
After a week of struggling through treacle a few little rays of sunshine came through the clouds and I have started to feel a bit better today. This was helped by being able to secure a piece of essential kit I need for the pottery. I had thought I had missed out on this on ebay but the other buyer could not complete the purchase and so its been offered to me. New this would cost £2250 but the one I am going to get has only been used 3 times is almost brand new and will cost me £800 plus fuel for hubby to go and get it! It will save me hours of work as well as saving me money on clay. I think within a year it will be well on its way to paying for itself.

It was definitely meant to be for YOU Pen....goodo.xx

Pen
22-10-16, 10:44 AM
Its been a little while since I felt able to add to this thread but feel things are on the up a bit. The new mattress is helping me sleep a lot better and had a lovely evening last night with a friend who cooked dinner (which was fab) and then we sat and chatted for hours. (I think I may have worn her out through!), before coming home to a cuddle with hubby then kicking him out so I could retire to my nice comfy bed with catch up TV and some drawing.
Looking forward to getting stuck into some mass pottery production in a minute which is a real plus, I have not had any real enthusiasm to make anything for weeks which is a sign of how poorly I was.

Suzi
22-10-16, 12:37 PM
It's fabulous that you can add to this thread again. So pleased for you lovely.

Paula
22-10-16, 12:39 PM
That's great news :) enjoy your mass pottery production

Pen
22-10-16, 04:05 PM
Two cows and a class run, not making as much as I had hoped so will press on for a few hours and try and get some more on the drying rack!

Flo
22-10-16, 05:18 PM
I take it you're making cows?....I'm sure there'll be loads on the rack by tomorrow. So pleased you're feeling better Pen. Enjoy your bevy of bovines!(happy)

Pen
22-10-16, 07:30 PM
Six cows done before I knocked off for the day. Picture on Facebook.

Suzi
22-10-16, 08:13 PM
Those cows are so lovely!

Pen
22-10-16, 08:28 PM
I have got construction down to 40 minutes per cow. Of course that does not allow for the time I will spend glazing them.
Two of them have buyers before they are even dry, yet alone glazed and fired!!

Pen
24-10-16, 12:37 PM
Been doing well today. Had a little meltdown in the car park at Boots yesterday when I discovered that they had not changed my meds. My Emotional intensity went to OTT! Today though I have been better. I got up and showered. Walked the dog. Went down the town. Did the banking. Went to WH Smiths and bought some folders, went and looked in three bookshops (but could not find what I wanted at a price I could afford ;( ). Met Arty at the Range, bought some more stuff there (and caused her to spend much more than she would have without me!!) and got back home.
Feeling pretty tired now but I have so much to do in preparation for tomorrow! I may go and have a lie down for an hour though before I tackle anything else.

Flo
24-10-16, 12:49 PM
Busy you!....I miss The Range..they had one in Gosport. So easy to spends lots in there...not surprised you spent more. Good plan, have a lie down and recharge the batteries!

Suzi
24-10-16, 01:40 PM
Definitely go for a lie down!

magie06
24-10-16, 01:57 PM
What still needs to be done?

Pen
24-10-16, 02:26 PM
Just had a power nap for an hour. Now to go out with H and mix a load of colored slip for the kids group in the morning. I also want to make 4 more cows one with a Robin on its nose for an order.

Paula
24-10-16, 02:41 PM
I've also got that talent - go shopping with someone and they spend more than they would without me ;)

Pen
24-10-16, 07:17 PM
I've also got that talent - go shopping with someone and they spend more than they would without me ;) (rofl)

eight cows now on the rack drying. I'm getting faster, can now turn out two cows an hour!

Paula
24-10-16, 07:31 PM
It's so lovely to hear you so upbeat :)

Pen
24-10-16, 07:33 PM
Mind you when I was making cows against the clock H said "I dont think this was what the doctor had in mind when she said you needed to slow down!"

Paula
24-10-16, 07:40 PM
(giggle)

Suzi
24-10-16, 07:43 PM
Hmm, resting? lol

Pen
24-10-16, 08:08 PM
I am riding a high again.... Want to go back out to the studio and carry on with the tiding up in the den... or print out and file a load of patterns for the new folder I bought today, or make a load more cards....
Really struggling to make myself stop and rest.

Suzi
24-10-16, 09:31 PM
Pacing love... Maybe some drawing or make a card, but nothing too much.... ?

Flo
25-10-16, 09:53 AM
So you're in clockwork mouse mode?.....don't burn yourself out Pen!....I can understand it's hard when you're in the zone and you have all these ideas, but do as Suzi says and pace yourself.(bear)

OldMike
25-10-16, 09:56 AM
So you're in clockwork mouse mode?.....don't burn yourself out Pen!....I can understand it's hard when you're in the zone and you have all these ideas, but do as Suzi says and pace yourself.(bear)

I like that term (clockwork mouse mode) Flo, "just wind me up and let me go" :)

But try and pace yourself Pen.

Pen
25-10-16, 12:49 PM
Yes I like that term as well. Woke up at 1 this morning and could not get back to sleep which is a worrying trend.

Just had a class of 8 kids. Felt like 80!!!
Got another class starting in 10 minutes but H is going to take the first hour whilst I get some lunch.

Suzi
25-10-16, 02:26 PM
Glad you have got H helping out. Sounds like she's doing more and being more involved with the studio?

Pen
25-10-16, 04:53 PM
Yes she is. I have just given her a pay rise.

Suzi
25-10-16, 06:22 PM
I think it's brilliant!

Pen
25-10-16, 06:52 PM
Its unbelievable. A year ago she would not have been willing to stand in on a class, but she is slowly gaining confidence and provided that the group pretty much know what they are doing she is happier to supervise. She still hides when the kids groups run though!!!
I have been looking at how I can build the business to be able to pay her a wage that would be more than just enhanced pocket money! She is only working for me for 10 hours a week I would like to make it a lot more. The only feasible way though is to run more courses. I am thinking in the next financial year I will buy two more wheels and run intensive throwing weekends for up to 4 people. I think I could squeeze 5 of these in on the weeks I am not running other courses and during the summer holidays I could offer 1 day taster sessions as well.
I am also still thinking of adding a Saturday morning adults class which would generate a good chunk of money as well.

rose
25-10-16, 07:11 PM
This all sounds great. You are so determined and you have built up an awesome business. I hope you take a moment, every so often, to look at what you have achieved and feel proud (bear)

Suzi
25-10-16, 08:19 PM
I agree with Rose. Stop and look at how amazingly well you've done.

angeleyes
26-10-16, 11:38 AM
It's so beautiful really. I even kinda envy you that you have such a creative job. I also dream of making a studio or something like that one day to teach kids pottery! Well done!!(happy)

Pen
26-10-16, 12:49 PM
It's so beautiful really. I even kinda envy you that you have such a creative job. I also dream of making a studio or something like that one day to teach kids pottery! Well done!!(happy)

Keep the dream, you may make it come true one day (rofl)
I know I have the perfect life and job and in a way through my mental illness. If I had not become incapable of holding down my job in IT I would probably still be doing that!!

Suzi
26-10-16, 02:02 PM
I think that's very true. I am so glad you've found your way to doing what you do. You bring smiles and pleasure to everyone rather than asking "have you turned it off and back on again?" (rofl)

Pen
26-10-16, 09:23 PM
Got a huge amount done today although there seems to be a huge amount still to do!

Saw my GP this morning who gave me a med increase. She said that my dry mouth may be just one of those things that goes with getting older....
Met up with Dad
Saw my best friend for a coffee
Sorted out and moved the art stuff with the lady who is helping with art class and arranged it into the new units I got from Ikea a week ago
Took H up to Boots and went round Matalan. Bought some new socks (I have a thing about socks... I love them and they have to be RIGHT) and new slippers
Walked the dog with H
Set to and spent the evening tiding the upstairs studio (my den) and labelling boxes.

The den is still a mess but at least you can now see some carpet! I had hoped to get some clay recycled today but there just was not enough hours in the day!!

Suzi
26-10-16, 09:25 PM
Wow! You really do need to slow down lovely! Well done for sorting meds etc.

Pen
26-10-16, 09:41 PM
The Gp read through the note I brought from the pdoc and said "so you are taking steps to take it a bit easier then". H and I looked at each other and laughed!

Pen
26-10-16, 09:42 PM
PS I need a clockwork mouse emoticon!!!

Suzi
27-10-16, 09:44 AM
Thing is I do think that it depends on what you are doing too itms? It's important to rest and pace - but you are never going to be the sit down, do nothing but watch tv type of person and so I think that if you are sitting and drawing or making cards which is less strenuous than teaching or recycling clay then that's still "taking it easy Pen style"...

Flo
27-10-16, 12:41 PM
You are who you are Pen!....if you can rest and create at the same time, then this is just you!.....I'm in 'slug mode' at the moment because of the weather so I'm knitting. When we have good days then it's clockwork mouse again and I start 'chucking' and am surrounded with black bin liners!....one day I'll have a 'happy medium'..but then that's me.(giggle)

Pen
27-10-16, 10:59 PM
Ordered myself 4 books off Amazon this afternoon. I am treating them as a form of medication.... When I read fiction it is the only time I truly switch off. I have always been an avid reader and my family will tell you when I am in a book they could have a whole conversation around me and I would not hear a word. My reading had gone to pot when I was ill a few years back, I just could not concentrate but now its much better.
Had a little bit of an annoyance this morning when a potential customer who had insisted last night that I find them a place as her BF wanted to go on the "spinny thing" for his birthday today failed to turn up to the special private lesson I had arranged for him.... Then I had three people who reserved places fail to turn up on the kids group as well.... But quite pleased tonight as I managed to repair the tape cassette in my labelling printer after the (very expensive) tape broke. Ah my misbegotten youth with music tapes paid off finally!!

Paula
27-10-16, 11:13 PM
I'm exactly the same with books, and devour them. Pure escapism :)

Flo
28-10-16, 11:45 AM
People not turning up is SO bloody rude!!!...but snap..I ordered 2 books off amazon yesterday....haven't been able to concentrate much for the past few weeks. I'm oblivious to anything around me when I'm well stuck in!!...love it..as Paula says..pure escapism, and it lowers blood pressure and slows breathing (of the anxious type)...so I'll definitely be in 'slug mode' when I get them. enjoy your reading!

Suzi
28-10-16, 02:02 PM
I hope you'd taken payment or at least a deposit for those who didn't turn up?

Pen
28-10-16, 04:19 PM
No. I try and encourage people to book up front and pay £10 but if they insist on paying on the day they pay £12. Most of the time this works and people would rather pay the £10. The awkward sod who wanted the private lesson I did not have time to get a deposit from her.... Next holidays I may enforce the pay before the day except for people that I know I can rely on. I now have a better database as well so I can blackball people who mess me around like that.

Suzi
28-10-16, 10:14 PM
Good for you!

Pen
01-11-16, 04:16 PM
Having a generally good day today. A friend came over for coffee this morning and then I went for lunch with another really good friend. It has picked me up no end. The element arrived for my kiln this morning. You could have knocked me over with a feather, I only ordered it yesterday and the sales lady said they would have to make it to order which would take a couple of days. Obviously someone in the factory looked at the order and went "Yeh we have one of those somewhere" and got it straight in the post. I am most impressed with them. I am also quite impressed with myself as I am well into fitting the new element myself. I have found the isolation switch on the fusebox, dismantled the electrics, taken out the old element and am in the process of persuading the new element (think 6 foot long spring!!!) into the grooves on the side of the kiln. At that point I decided I needed a cup of tea and a biscuit before I stretch the spring a little to make it stay put (whew). So far this has been a doodle (and quite fun to be an engineer again) and to think I was willing to pay someone £100 to do this!! (rofl)

Pen
01-11-16, 05:16 PM
Its all done and the kiln is working again! Now to vacuum it out, clean and re batt wash the shelves then it will be ready to go back to work!

Paula
01-11-16, 06:43 PM
Awesome. I wouldn't know where to start ;)

Suzi
01-11-16, 09:27 PM
Wow! That's amazing! I'm so impressed with the company and with you!

Pen
01-11-16, 09:38 PM
Awesome. I wouldn't know where to start ;)

Well you start with Youtube and a screwdriver.(rofl) Where would we be without the internet!

Pen
01-11-16, 09:41 PM
Wow! That's amazing! I'm so impressed with the company and with you!

I am unbelievably pleased with myself....

Suzi
01-11-16, 09:48 PM
So you should be!

Pen
02-11-16, 09:04 PM
Another good day. Took H and A to the wetlands reserve and spent a wonderful afternoon feeding the ducks, geese and swans. We fell in love with the call ducks and the kids would have smuggled one out if they could have.
(rofl)

Paula
02-11-16, 10:36 PM
Sounds really lovely :)

Suzi
02-11-16, 11:59 PM
So glad you had a lovely day! Does this mean you're going to be making your own range of ducks?

Pen
03-11-16, 10:05 AM
So glad you had a lovely day! Does this mean you're going to be making your own range of ducks?

Yes I think so (rofl) I may have to spend another day there in the name of research (nod) Only wish it was a little closer!

OldMike
03-11-16, 12:20 PM
Its all done and the kiln is working again! Now to vacuum it out, clean and re batt wash the shelves then it will be ready to go back to work!

That's brilliant Pen so the kiln is now all systems go, YAY.

Pen
03-11-16, 12:28 PM
Yes. Got 8 cows to glaze today and then I can do a glaze firing to really test it out. However did a lower temperature firing on Tuesday and the element has oxidized (as it should) so I know that it was working so there should be no reason why everything should not go back to normal. The brand new kiln is due to arrive around the 7th December so will have to rearrange things (again) to be able to get two big kilns next to each other (and arrange for the electrician). I am very aware that the old boy is starting to corrode and crumble to I am not sure how much longer it will cope with the high amount of usage and the new one will allow me to semi retire it to doing just the lower temperature "bisque" firings.

Suzi
03-11-16, 07:00 PM
I love that you're having to expand with more kilns!

Pen
14-11-16, 10:07 PM
Had a better day today, feeling a lot more stable as I have been trying hard to take it steady over the last week.
I have started on the higher dose of Venlefaxine today so I am hoping that it will keep me on the straight and narrow.

The community art group had the run of the studio this morning, I did not have to be with them as my friend supervised the group. I managed to get down the town and pay in the money and do a little shopping without having any anxiety issues!

Paula
14-11-16, 10:24 PM
Fantastic to hear - all of it :)

Suzi
14-11-16, 10:58 PM
That's all so brilliant!

Pen
16-11-16, 11:15 PM
Well another good day. Had a class this afternoon which seemed to go well and I even did a painting myself! After the class I rested (yes really!!) and read for a while then a friend came over for dinner whilst another friend ran the evening class.

Paula
16-11-16, 11:16 PM
Woohoo! By George I think she's got it ;)

Suzi
16-11-16, 11:48 PM
Pen that is a truly fantastic post!!!!

Flo
17-11-16, 12:36 PM
What a lovely evening you had!....a well deserved one too I'm sure!.....I've been looking at your ceramics online. They're absolutely lovely!.....I think they're worth FAR more than you're selling them at. What a creative lady you are!...have a good day love.

Pen
17-11-16, 03:12 PM
What a lovely evening you had!....a well deserved one too I'm sure!.....I've been looking at your ceramics online. They're absolutely lovely!.....I think they're worth FAR more than you're selling them at. What a creative lady you are!...have a good day love.

Lol. Even ay those prices I am not selling them... Apart from the odd cow or donkey I am lucky if I sell a piece a month. I just dont have time to really sort out my sales channel

Flo
17-11-16, 04:53 PM
I don't think that people realise what goes into making them..it's a long process and a lot of work.

Pen
17-11-16, 06:50 PM
Yes I think that most of my ceramics are actually sold at cost.

Pen
18-11-16, 11:16 PM
This is getting scary... posting in here again!!!
Had a busy morning taking H to x-ray, coffee in costa, trip round Asda, pickup cats meds then home. Had a lovely class this afternoon and then retreated to the studio den and did some oil painting, cooked myself salmon with pea risotto and then settled down with a real fire and candles and watched (yes actually watched, no computer, no drawing) a film and then a TV show I had recorded......

Suzi
19-11-16, 12:14 AM
Oh no, what has H done?
You've done a huge amount! I'm so thrilled that you have taken some time out. Well done lovely.

Paula
19-11-16, 09:07 AM
Is H ok?

Pen
19-11-16, 05:46 PM
H is fine. She managed to pull three muscles in her left shoulder whilst picking up a coffee cup with her right... go figure that one out! She was in so much pain that we went to the doc who sent her for an x ray. She is getting much better now though so I dont think that anything is actually broken.

Paula
19-11-16, 06:29 PM
Ouch!

Suzi
19-11-16, 06:39 PM
Ouch! Poor H!

Pen
20-11-16, 09:56 PM
Well I could get used to this chilling out stuff! Had a day of printing christmas cards out followed by an evening of dinner and some pastel drawing with my friend... Dont want to go back to work tomorrow!!

Suzi
20-11-16, 10:32 PM
That's a brilliant post! Thrilled for you!

Pen
20-11-16, 11:11 PM
I have been paid the highest compliment. My friends daughter was asked at school to write about "her hero" and chose me. She said that my patience with teaching art and pottery as well as gaining my degree was an inspiration and that she would like to have a job like mine one day. (blush)

Paula
21-11-16, 12:05 AM
Awwww so sweet ..... and so very true

Suzi
21-11-16, 09:33 AM
She is right! You are amazing!

OldMike
21-11-16, 11:23 AM
Brilliant Pen and so true.

Flo
21-11-16, 11:25 AM
What a wonderful compliment!!.....you deserve it. You're fantastic at what you do.xx

Pen
22-11-16, 01:37 PM
I have just been interviewed and filmed for a group called Humans of Weston....

Suzi
22-11-16, 08:02 PM
That sounds rather exciting!

Pen
22-11-16, 10:29 PM
I suspect I have made a complete idiot of myself!! When the video gets posted I will let you all see it!!

Suzi
23-11-16, 09:18 AM
I can't see you making and idiot of yourself at all!

Pen
23-11-16, 11:40 PM
We shall see. Not sure if today was a positive really but it was not a down day either. I have really got back into painting, this is a bad thing really as its taking me away from my ceramics!! but I am having a great time playing with oil paint. I currently have three paintings on the go as oil paint takes so long to dry that you have to sometimes wait days before you can continue work on a painting. This evening I was planning a quiet night in my upstairs den painting but it was interrupted when my friend who was taking the class in the studio below came to get an easel then fell down the stairs. She was very shook up and hurt, her hubby who is a Dr thinks she has cracked a rib. I am very upset for her but also of course I am now a man down in the studio team till she heals up.

Suzi
23-11-16, 11:48 PM
Oh no! Your poor friend! I Hope it's not too painful...
Glad you're enjoying your painting!

Paula
24-11-16, 12:19 AM
Oh ouch, poor love. Are you ok, lovely?

Pen
24-11-16, 10:00 AM
Oh ouch, poor love. Are you ok, lovely?

Yes I'm fine just upset that she fell on my stairs and been beating myself up that maybe it was my fault in some way. I am also a bit concerned about how I will manage. She runs the art class every Wednesday evening so I will have to take that over plus she is also a second pair of hands at the blind group on a Friday afternoon. I have a chap who comes with cerebral palsy who needs a lot of support and is very demanding so she has been working with him whilst I look after the member who is totally blind.

Suzi
24-11-16, 04:04 PM
Is there any way H could help?

Flo
24-11-16, 05:28 PM
Sorry to hear that Pen!.....could you cancel any of the appointments?...they'd probably fully understand considering the circumstances.

Pen
27-11-16, 08:16 PM
Not sure at the moment whether I should be posting in the negative or positive of my posts!

I am flying as high as kite atm though. I have just made my first sale on Etsy. I have sold a highland bull to someone in the Scottish Highlands of all places!!

On another note I am waiting for hubby to come by and have a cuppa. He has been with his brother in hospital. M seems to be OK but they are going to operate tonight to assess how bad things are.

Suzi
27-11-16, 10:30 PM
Well done on your sale! That's brilliant news! Glad that M is in the right place. Hope Hubby gets some rest...

Pen
08-12-16, 11:23 PM
Its been a good day today. Went to the opticians and will get two new pairs of glasses for a fraction of what I thought I would have to pay. Had a lovely coffee with my daughter, went and visited a friends shop (which I have been meaning to do for months) and made 4 "dishscapes" (tiny little landscape sculptures in a small thrown dish). The last one got really silly as the class was making suggestions so its a little street round the edge of the dish with 4 houses, a pub, a village shop, a church and a clock tower, then a harbour in the dish with 3 boats. the street is cobbled and has a little wall round it.... All in a dish less than 5 inches across!

Pen
09-12-16, 02:15 PM
Just sold another cow on Etsy. Really feel like a real Etsy seller now :-)

Paula
09-12-16, 03:09 PM
(party)(party)

Suzi
09-12-16, 04:27 PM
That's great! Well done!

Flo
09-12-16, 07:00 PM
(clap)

Pen
09-12-16, 08:11 PM
Just uploaded all the donkeys on there now.(rofl)

Pen
10-12-16, 07:43 PM
Had to price sending a donkey to America this morning, but the shipping was more than they could do.

I have come down with a flu type buggy thing it is sapping my energy and making me wooly headed. My mouth has been really bad for the last few days and this morning I realised that I had got aural thrush again. So been trying natural yogurt, sucking a teaspoonful for as long as I can keep it in my mouth is really helping and I may try doing so all week to see if that helps with the general soreness as well.

Paula
10-12-16, 09:14 PM
Oh hunni, that's rubbish :(

Suzi
11-12-16, 12:27 AM
I really feel for you lovely x

Paula
11-12-16, 10:36 AM
How are you this morning?

Pen
11-12-16, 11:01 AM
Got a bit of a chest infection and don't want to move from my nice warm bed

Paula
11-12-16, 11:07 AM
Then, and I know this is alien to you, stay in bed ....

Pen
11-12-16, 11:33 AM
Need to walk the dog, get my meds and get some food in :s

Suzi
11-12-16, 01:53 PM
Can you get some help to get it done so you can take it easier?

Pen
11-12-16, 03:18 PM
OK, dog walked, meds collected (however docs have not sorted out the increase so will have to call them again tomorrow.) H and A duly delivered to The Range and I have been into Staples to get a new memory card for the phone...
Now to get some lunch and retire to bed me thinks....
No there is no one here to help, just Ember and Hazel (the cat) and they are both more interested in finding a warm patch to sleep in!

Paula
11-12-16, 04:49 PM
May I suggest their warm patch can be cuddled up in bed with you?

Suzi
11-12-16, 05:55 PM
Can you get some rest now lovely?

Pen
11-12-16, 06:05 PM
May I suggest their warm patch can be cuddled up in bed with you?

Ember approved. Hazel shunned me... Typical cat

I have been in bed all afternoon watching half a film, reading and listening to my audio book. H is going to make me her special soup for my tea before she goes out for the evening.

magie06
11-12-16, 11:02 PM
Ember approved. Hazel shunned me... Typical cat

I have been in bed all afternoon watching half a film, reading and listening to my audio book. H is going to make me her special soup for my tea before she goes out for the evening.

That sounds like the perfect afternoon and early evening. I hope you feel better in the morning.

Pen
12-12-16, 12:21 AM
Coloured in and wrote (including the verses) 19 Christmas cards this afternoon and evening. Took me over 4 hours and I have cramp in my thumb! Why do I do this to myself! Anyway at least they are mainly done so I can hopefully get them to the post office tomorrow.

Suzi
12-12-16, 09:50 AM
Hmm... Resting?

Paula
12-12-16, 10:01 AM

Pen
12-12-16, 12:20 PM

Coughing like a good un!!
Will need to go down the town in a bit and do some shopping and get my new glasses.

Still waiting for the kiln. Will be tomorrow now :s

Pen
12-12-16, 08:39 PM
Well got the new glasses. Wow I never knew the resolution on my TV was that good! (rofl) It has been about 6 years since I got my eyes tested as I thought they were fine and my vision was good. As I was also having diabetes checks I knew that my eyes were healthy so I was not worried. It seems that my distance vision has improved a lot so my old prescription was WAY off!
Enjoying having reading glasses as well and being able to use the computer without having to struggle to see what I am doing!

Still coughing, but felt well enough after a couple of cold and flu tablets to have a bash at tiding up the den a bit. I have sold three more private class vouchers today. That makes 10 since the 22nd November. I think I may be busy fulfilling them in the New Year. I have also had confirmation and a date set to goto a local school and do some consultancy with them. Train their teachers in 3D art and teach them how to use their kiln. Its a great opportunity as it will mean I will be working with the South West Arts Development Agency and so I am hoping it will lead to greater things!

Suzi
12-12-16, 10:40 PM
OMG That's amazing! What an exciting thing to be involved in!

Paula
12-12-16, 11:12 PM
That's a fantastic post :)

Pen
13-12-16, 10:39 PM
Well the kiln arrived today. Dont know when I will get it wired in, the electrician is keeping his head down!
It was a bit of a nightmare as the very nice delivery guy brought it almost up to the studio door and then left. I had though it would be on casters (like my current one) WRONG.... it's on a stand. SO now I was stuck with £3,000 of unwrapped kiln on a pallet, weighing about half a tonne, 30 feet from its final destination, no way to move it short of carrying it and the sky was threatening rain!
Thankfully A was not working today so the 3 of us inched it a few steps at a time off the pallet, over the studio step and up to the back of the studio. It cost me a chocolate tracker bar and a porcelain penguin in thanks for his efforts. (rofl).

Paula
13-12-16, 11:45 PM
That seems cheap labour (giggle). So glad it's turned up!

OldMike
13-12-16, 11:59 PM
That sure is a heavy piece of kit. Glad you managed to get it moved to the correct place in your studio.

Suzi
14-12-16, 03:09 PM
That was cheap labour! Glad it arrived and is now in place!

Flo
14-12-16, 07:27 PM
(clap)

Pen
17-12-16, 10:20 PM
Well thats all the classes out the way till next year (party)

Lots that we have to do in the studio next week, there is stuff that we need to get fired as Christmas presents tomorrow and I have plans to do some cleaning and reorganising.
I have had a terrible migraine today, it came on at 1, went off for a bit then came back. It has left me feeling very washed out and headachy so I am thinking curling up in bed with my audio book now.

Suzi
17-12-16, 11:17 PM
Hooray for finishing the classes! Hope the migraine faffs off and leaves you alone lovely..

Paula
18-12-16, 12:26 PM
How are you doing?

Pen
18-12-16, 12:37 PM
Woke up with a pounding headache at 8 this morning so took 2 painkillers and a cup of tea back to bed and listened to my audio book for a few hours. Not sure that was a good idea as the character talking about the cooked breakfast he was looking forward to got the taste buds going. Consequently I have just had fried bread, mushrooms and two fried eggs. Not a particularly healthy start to the day (rofl)

Paula
18-12-16, 12:58 PM
(giggle)

Pen
18-12-16, 02:39 PM
Right... Been good and walked the dog and got my meds. Do you think anyone would notice if I spent the rest of my day lying on my bed listening to my audio book... (its is very good book!!)

Suzi
18-12-16, 03:44 PM
All sounding positive to me love...

Pen
19-12-16, 12:00 AM
Had a good rest and finally managed to shift the headache. Ember has loved having me to cuddle all day .Felt good enough to make a load of Christmas decorations tonight so my sitting room is looking a bit more festive. H is going to help me do a bit more decorating tomorrow. She tried to burn down my studio tonight by putting two fan heaters on an extension lead!! Now have fried lead!
Had a busy day of sales, sold 4 more vouchers for classes next year, so off to the post office in the morning along with a parcel containing key parts of one of my wheels which needs to go back under warrantee. :s

Suzi
19-12-16, 09:00 AM
Oh no about the heaters! Glad it was just the lead that was the victim...
So glad you had a proper rest and are feeling better hunni

Paula
19-12-16, 01:33 PM
Oops! Glad the headaches gone, love

Pen
20-12-16, 03:23 AM
Can't sleep tonight my legs are just too restless and my mouth too sore. Had a good day today. H and I finished the previous Christmas glazing and got the kiln on. Then we went to the giant new lidl that has just opened. It's a lovely store with wide asles and you don't feel cramped. This evening I played a board game with A and H which was fun. I rarely get to play games although I love them. Got round to putting up a lot of my homemade decorations this afternoon but not before I had a nap as I was exhausted after our shopping trip. I must have dropped right off for a bit as I was listening to Yes Minister and one minute they were discussing a problem with badgers and next the credits were playing!

Suzi
20-12-16, 09:10 AM
That sounds like a good day lovely! Hope you got some sleep..

Paula
20-12-16, 09:52 AM
That does sound like a good day :)

Pen
20-12-16, 10:16 AM
Yes having written that post and after half a lorzapam, a couple of painkillers and half an hour cleaning the kitchen I went off like a light!

Pen
27-12-16, 01:22 AM
Just thought as its been a few days since I wrote on here that I would share my Christmas with anyone interested.
Firstly I hope you all managed to get through the Christmas period OK without too many tears and stresses.
My Christmas has been surprisingly good. On Christmas eve me and my daughter spent the day together doing a bit of cooking and cleaning and watching Christmas films. I had a surprise visit from a guy who wanted to buy a voucher for a class as a present (talk about leaving it to the last minute!). I was a bit sad that hubby was not able to come and spend the night with me but since his brother came out of hospital last Thursday he has had to be on hand almost constantly to look after him. I don't know what will happen next week when he is due to go back to work because there is no way he can leave M for over 12 hours. Later on Christmas Eve Dad came for tea and we watched a film. After I had taken him home though and H and A retreated to their sitting room to watch a DVD I did have a wobble and ended up going to bed at 8 oclock.
Christmas day was quite a quiet affair for us. We had decided after the tears and stresses of last year that we would not be having a Christmas dinner as such and H cooked a special pasta dish and we had a gateaux for pud. Dad came over and we opened presents together (hubby was able to pop in for an hour). At 5 I took Dad home and H and A went to A's parents. At this point I decided to brave visiting M and hubby at their house. Hubby has done a fab job of clearing up after M and the totally overwhelming rotting smell had gone. It was actually quite pleasant there if I ignored M's terribly infantile sense of humour. One I got home I spent an hour cleaning up and when H and A came home we played Catan till the early hours.
Today we had our "christmas dinner" at a local restaurant. It was much less stressful than cooking our own and NO washing up!! plus it came to less than £20 a head so was probably cheaper than if we had done it ourselves!
My son came down from Bristol and like a typical Mum I am now concerned that he is not looking after himself as he seems to have gained a bit of weight and his acne is back. (You don't ever really stop worrying about them!!)
Well it is now past midnight so I am officially a year older.... Later today we are going to Slimbridge wetlands centre to feed the ducks (rofl) but there is no point in going to bed yet as my neighbour has a rather rollicking party going on at the moment and the drink has obviously been flowing as they have got noisier as the night has worn on. I dont mind though as they are usually very quiet next door and only have parties about twice a year!

Suzi
27-12-16, 01:08 PM
Happy birthday lovely!!

Paula
27-12-16, 03:09 PM
Happy birthday gorgeous lady (party)

magie06
27-12-16, 03:35 PM
Happy birthday. I hope that this year is better than last year for you.

Pen
29-12-16, 05:42 PM
Happy birthday. I hope that this year is better than last year for you.
Thanks. on balance 2016 has not been too bad a year. The business is growing, my daughter and friends are helping out and I am doing something I love. If 2017 is a better year then it will be fantastic!

I had a great birthday, thank you everyone for your wishes. I played lots of games with H and A and we went to Slimbridge reserve to watch the ducks. They always make me smile and watching the boys courting the girls (who were just "really??!!! its far too early!) was great fun.

Hubby bought me a special piece of pottery for my collection which was great, H bought me so many presents I cant remember them all (they were all so special) and my son bought me 5 audible.com book credits. I find the audible books a great help when I am struggling as I don't have to concentrate on reading and can just lie in bed and listen or do some artwork whilst the story plays. I find them easier to deal with than even the TV. Only problem is that he has bought me .com credits not .co.uk and so I have to choose from the American site and some books I cannot get even ones that are on both sites, due to export rules. However I have chosen two BBC radio shows to keep me entertained for a few hours.

Suzi
29-12-16, 08:01 PM
Sounds like you've had a lovely day! I'm so thrilled!

Paula
29-12-16, 08:58 PM
Does sound like a lovely day :)

Mira
29-12-16, 10:06 PM
That does sound good. Its awesome that your business is doing so good.

And a good birthday. Thats great.

rose
29-12-16, 10:12 PM
Happy Birthday Pen :) I am glad you had such a good day, and it's great to hear you sounding so positive about the year ahead! :)

Pen
06-01-17, 11:44 PM
Its very quiet here.... H and A have gone away for a week. H's first proper holiday as a grown up. I am left here caring for the business and the animals. I was a bit concerned how I would get on, so far the answer is fine. In fact its quite nice to be able to sit in my living room without them coming through every hour for a cigarette. Its also very nice to be able to leave the house tidy and come back to it STILL tidy. No dirty plates appearing, no muddy foot prints, no bits of rubbish, no empty cans and bottles left kicking around.
Could I get away with changing the locks do you think???

Suzi
07-01-17, 12:46 PM
Sounds lovely!!!
I'm sure you'll be fine as long as you keep remembering to rest too!

Paula
07-01-17, 12:49 PM
Aww where have they gone?

Pen
07-01-17, 02:47 PM
Aww where have they gone?

Edinburgh

magie06
07-01-17, 05:46 PM
I hope they have a great time. As for you, don't forget to rest!!

Pen
17-01-17, 10:22 PM
Well my interview has been published. I have not watched it as I am SOOOOO embarrassed!!
https://humansofweston.com/2017/01/17/carantoc-art-how-tv/

Suzi
18-01-17, 12:19 AM
It's brilliant!!!! Well done lovely!

Pen
18-01-17, 11:06 AM
Thanks.
Well I have sold another donkey to the states :P This one is off to Bronxville! Selling more of donkeys in the US than anywhere else!

Paula
18-01-17, 11:18 AM
That was amazing! Your enthusiasm for your work really shone through :). And, can I say, you were far more confident and assured than your interviewer ;)

OldMike
18-01-17, 11:39 AM
Well my interview has been published. I have not watched it as I am SOOOOO embarrassed!!
https://humansofweston.com/2017/01/17/carantoc-art-how-tv/

Just been watching your interview via Facebook, brilliant Pen.

magie06
18-01-17, 12:29 PM
Just watched your interview. Wow! You were so calm.

Pen
18-01-17, 08:08 PM
Just watched your interview. Wow! You were so calm.

I know the interviewer as I went to college with her 5 years ago. Also we had quite a chat before filming started so I mastered the worst of my terror before it kicked off. I think I was more scared about the consultancy job at the infant school this afternoon!

Suzi
18-01-17, 09:26 PM
How did that go?

Pen
18-01-17, 10:31 PM
I think it went well. But I don't know. I may have rushed through some stuff as I was nervous. I just hope the teachers have been inspired a bit by the session. Until I get the feedback from the agency I wont know for sure.

Suzi
19-01-17, 11:32 AM
Well done lovely!

Pen
19-01-17, 01:42 PM
Just had an hour and a half workout recycling clay. Who needs a gym when you are a potter!

magie06
19-01-17, 02:28 PM
You sound much more positive today Pen. How are you feeling? :)

Pen
19-01-17, 02:32 PM
On top of the world atm!

magie06
19-01-17, 02:38 PM
Excellent. When do you hear from the school?

Pen
19-01-17, 02:42 PM
Probably I wont get any feedback till my contact at the development agency is back next Monday. :s

Pen
19-01-17, 02:45 PM
To try and reduce my stress and reduce the amount of work I am doing I have gone back to a system that I used when I was at college called Wunderlist. It allows me to list everything that is buzzing round my head and allocate when I am going to sort it. Then each day it shows me just what is on the list for THAT day. I am trying to be strict with myself about doing the whole week of tasks in one day!!!

magie06
19-01-17, 04:11 PM
To try and reduce my stress and reduce the amount of work I am doing I have gone back to a system that I used when I was at college called Wunderlist. It allows me to list everything that is buzzing round my head and allocate when I am going to sort it. Then each day it shows me just what is on the list for THAT day. I am trying to be strict with myself about doing the whole week of tasks in one day!!!

Good idea. It might help when you want to do everything together. Good luck with it.

Paula
19-01-17, 04:21 PM
That sounds like a brilliant idea and I'm so glad you're brighter :)

Suzi
19-01-17, 04:36 PM
That sounds brilliant lovely. A really good idea.

OldMike
19-01-17, 06:09 PM

Sounds a great idea Pen, you should be able to pace yourself better.

Pen
22-01-17, 08:09 PM
Had a lovely day with Arty today. We did some oil painting together, then watched some tele by a roaring log fire with fish and chips :P I hope its lifted her spirits a bit.

Arty
22-01-17, 09:22 PM
It certainly has, great company & food too!

Paula
22-01-17, 09:23 PM
:):):)

Suzi
22-01-17, 10:09 PM
That sounds like a lovely day!

Pen
23-01-17, 03:02 PM
I seem to have a head full of cotton wool today. I have upset a customer cause I did not reply to her message on FaceBook during my time off.... Just been to B&Q and bought some MDF and my first ever saw.... I am sure hubby will tell me I got the wrong one so I will have to hide it!! Also got myself a new box for my pastels and some flowers as the sun is shining here and I feel like getting into the garden for a bit. Trouble is I am just so sleepy now I want to go back to bed!

Paula
23-01-17, 03:09 PM
What??? If it was that urgent, your fb page has other contact details. But more importantly, would that customer want to answer messages on her time off??? Don't worry about it, Pen, she's not worth the headache .....

Suzi
23-01-17, 06:37 PM
Hope it's all sorted with that customer lovely.

Pen
23-01-17, 08:56 PM
Yes I think she is ok.
Well I may have been late up but I think I made up for lost time. Planted a dozen primulas, repotted a couple of plants, potted up my spider plants. recycled clay for 2 hours, photographed my dishes again, ordered some new pastels, ground off surplus glaze of a pot and made an appointment to see a gallery manager next Monday....

Suzi
23-01-17, 10:16 PM
Wow! You've been so busy! What happened to PACING?

Pen
23-01-17, 10:59 PM
(rofl) I know. Running in overdrive again! However I have spent the evening resting on the sofa listening to an audio book, doing a little drawing and online jigsaw puzzle whilst cuddling the dog.
Busy day tomorrow private throwing lesson and two classes.

magie06
23-01-17, 11:02 PM
You need to get to bed and rest before tomorrow then.

Paula
23-01-17, 11:16 PM
Sounds like a lovely evening :)

Pen
24-01-17, 05:36 AM
You need to get to bed and rest before tomorrow then.

I did try but struggling to sleep. Too hyped up again!

Suzi
24-01-17, 11:44 AM
Hope you got some sleep..

Pen
24-01-17, 01:12 PM
Got about 5 hours

magie06
24-01-17, 01:22 PM
And how are you feeling?

Pen
24-01-17, 04:37 PM
Tired, but OK. Had the two people for the private lesson this morning which went well. Had a full house this afternoon which was hectic and in the middle of it a guy turns up and asks if he can hire my kiln for a firing as his is broken....Business is booming!

magie06
24-01-17, 04:56 PM
Good news then, but don't forget to rest in between. (clap)

Pen
24-01-17, 06:07 PM
Going to put my feet up for an hour before I clear room for the evening class.

Paula
24-01-17, 07:11 PM
Good to hear :)

Suzi
24-01-17, 09:14 PM
Sounds brilliant! But make sure you pace x

Pen
25-01-17, 01:35 PM
Had another rough night last night, but I'm OK apart from a slight headache. The art club are here but I will leave them to get on with it whilst I have a rest and a bit of a nap.

Paula
25-01-17, 01:37 PM
Sounds very sensible. Hope the headache goes (bear)

magie06
25-01-17, 02:55 PM
Have you taken anything for your headache?

Pen
25-01-17, 03:14 PM
No I was hoping that just having a rest would clear it but that failed so have now taken something.

magie06
25-01-17, 05:09 PM
What have you on for the rest of the day? It seems that half of DWD has taken refuge on their sofas, are you going to do the same?

Pen
25-01-17, 05:19 PM
I did for a while and put a film on. Updated my website and advertised a space I have. I have no completed my to do list for today so may now do a bit of tiding up in the Studio den and then some drawing. I have the evening art class coming at 7 tonight.

Suzi
25-01-17, 05:42 PM
Hope you're adding in some rest too lovely x

Pen
25-01-17, 06:15 PM
Yes, there is a bit of chillin in there are well. :)

Paula
25-01-17, 07:15 PM
Great :)

Pen
25-01-17, 07:25 PM
Catching up on TV and working on my picture. Bought myself a load of new colours in pastels and am working through about 80 colours.

Suzi
25-01-17, 08:42 PM
That sounds awesome!

Pen
25-01-17, 08:51 PM
I have just finished it and sprayed it to set the colours. When its dry I will put a picture up on Facebook shortly.

Paula
25-01-17, 09:08 PM
I'd love to see it :)

Pen
25-01-17, 09:15 PM
I'm miss grumpy tonight, I am being a bit short with people so I am hiding in the den whilst someone else takes the class.

Suzi
25-01-17, 09:19 PM
Hope it passes soon!

Pen
25-01-17, 10:42 PM
The picture is up. I am going to have an early night in the hope I wake up in a better mood!!

Suzi
26-01-17, 12:19 AM
It's beautiful!

Pen
26-01-17, 01:11 AM
No not really. Now I have posted it I can see all the things that I have done wrong. I think I should stick to pottery!

Suzi
26-01-17, 11:07 AM
I don't think so. I think it's beautiful!

Paula
26-01-17, 12:36 PM
I agree with Suzi, it's stunning

OldMike
26-01-17, 02:11 PM
I think your pastel work is brilliant Pen

Pen
26-01-17, 10:59 PM
I was only going to have a couple of people tonight so decided to have a night off and cancel the class. Used my night off to get on the wheel, threw 6 plates of various sizes, a sugar bowl with lid, two desert bowls and a candle stick and then made two napkin rings (rofl) I think I will know all about it tomorrow, I have not spent that long on the wheel in ages and I think my muscles will not be happy!

Suzi
27-01-17, 12:30 AM
Erm... Pacing??????

Pen
27-01-17, 02:16 AM
Yes I know... I should have done a cream jug for the dinner set as well....

Suzi
27-01-17, 09:43 AM
(rofl) (rofl)

OldMike
27-01-17, 01:09 PM
Wow you must be fit and strong Pen all that throwing and you call that having a night off. ;) (giggle)

magie06
27-01-17, 02:34 PM
How are your arms today?

Pen
27-01-17, 05:08 PM
My arms are OK. The ball of my right thumb is a little sore as that is what you use to push the clay out to make a plate but the rest of me is fine.
Finished classes for today. Just sat down and realised I have to go shopping....;(
If I don't there will be no dinner for Ember and me, and no breakfast for the birds in the morning. I cant let Robbie and Robina down!!
I will be working right through this weekend. 2 classes tomorrow, a birthday party on Sunday and the trip to see a gallery manager on Monday.....

Pen
27-01-17, 07:25 PM
I have been banned from the studio by H tonight, and I'm bored....

Paula
27-01-17, 07:48 PM
lol you're not one for chillin are you?

Suzi
27-01-17, 07:56 PM
Well done H!!!!!

magie06
27-01-17, 07:56 PM
REST!!!

Pen
27-01-17, 08:02 PM
Well I have shampooed the dog, hung up the washing and cooked and eaten my dinner. So maybe I will get another load of washing on, change the bed and vacuum the bedroom floor.

Paula
27-01-17, 08:27 PM
How is that resting??

Pen
27-01-17, 08:28 PM
I was joking about that lot but Arty thinks I'm a slob so I had better go and sort the room out

Pen
27-01-17, 09:50 PM
OK, bed changed, washing on, carpet shampooed and vacuumed....

Suzi
27-01-17, 09:52 PM
REST love... You don't want to encourage a slip in your health now, not when you are working so hard!

Pen
27-01-17, 10:03 PM
OK got my feet up doing some drawing

Suzi
28-01-17, 11:59 AM
How are you today?