PDA

View Full Version : Eczema

purplefan
04-08-16, 02:42 PM
I have a bad case of eczema at the moment but when i came out the shower and was combing my hair i noticed a bit of my scalp had come off. I normally have Eczema on my hands and feet but i was wondering if it might be a reaction ot the model paint i am using?
I guess i should make an appointment to se my G.P. but wondered if you guys have it and know of any home cure. I am scratching my scalp like mad and i am worried i could make it worse.
P.S.
It was only a little bit of skin that came off, not a huge piece non the less you can see a red mark where the skin used to be.
I do have cream for the Eczema, but it never goes away completely. My foot has a hug red mark on it as do one of my knuckles.

S deleted
04-08-16, 03:24 PM
Polytar shampoo is what you want

Angie
04-08-16, 04:37 PM
Polytar takes me back some years my Grandad used to have that for his scalp

S deleted
04-08-16, 04:54 PM
There's another one that comes in a black bottle but can't think of the name of it

OldMike
04-08-16, 04:56 PM
My mother suffered badly from eczema but can't remember if she had it in her hair.

Paula
04-08-16, 06:28 PM
Get back to the Drs. When were you diagnosed with eczema? It could be something else eg psoriasis. Either way, I'm sure they should review your cream to make sure it's the right prescription

Angie
04-08-16, 09:41 PM
My son had oilatum for ezcema when he was young, I was also careful what washing powder and soaps and shower gels I used aswell

purplefan
04-08-16, 10:38 PM
I hate it when it flairs up. I will pop into the chemist tomorrow and see what thy have got.

Suzi
05-08-16, 08:05 AM
I have a weird type of eczema/ borderline psoriasis on my head. I sympathise. I hate it. It flairs and it fades a bit.... Definitely talk to your Dr.

Paula
05-08-16, 12:47 PM
My son had oilatum for ezcema when he was young, I was also careful what washing powder and soaps and shower gels I used aswell

Katie had dreadful baby eczema. The dr recommended using oilatum as a bath soap

S deleted
05-08-16, 12:53 PM
My little man was the same when he was small. Oilatum was great for his skin but a pain in the butt cleaning the bath out after

Paula
05-08-16, 01:00 PM
True..

purplefan
05-08-16, 01:36 PM
My ankle was red raw this morning and my sheet had little specks of blood on them, i must have been scratching last night, I had a bath this morning and put some of the cream i have on. I just want it to go away. I hate it on my knuckles people can see it. I feel so awkward in church shaking people hand.

Suzi
05-08-16, 02:40 PM
Have you got cream for your hands? What about something like wearing cotton gloves at night to help limit the scratching?