PDA

View Full Version : Struggling with the heat?

rose
07-05-16, 12:29 PM
I usually love the warm weather and I can sit out for ages.
But I've noticed I am starting to struggle in the warm weather, I need to drink a lot more water, I can't sit out for long before I start to feel overly hot.
I wondered if it might be a side effect of my meds, maybe Quetiapine, but more likely Pregabalin?
Does anyone else find the heat is harder to cope with because of their meds?
Other possibility I thought of could be because I have put on weight.
Thanks in advance.

OldMike
07-05-16, 12:42 PM
I can't sit outside very long in warm/hot weather always search out the shade, always been like that I seem to wilt in hot weather. I prefer bright yet cool weather.

Jarre
07-05-16, 12:51 PM
People think i am weird for keeping my curtains shut but it actually does 2 things. Keeps heat in in teh winter and prevents the room heating up to much in summer as they help reflect the heat through the window away. Waering shorts and a light t-shirt indoors helps to

Suzi
07-05-16, 01:03 PM
I can't stand UK heat at all - I cope much better in Europe lol where the air isn't so sticky and humid.
Apparently (as I've done some research) several of my meds have a diuretic effect so it leads to heat stroke quicker... Like you Rose, it's a case of having to drink more water and stay out of the sun!

Flo
07-05-16, 01:50 PM
I can't stand UK heat at all - I cope much better in Europe lol where the air isn't so sticky and humid.
Apparently (as I've done some research) several of my meds have a diuretic effect so it leads to heat stroke quicker... Like you Rose, it's a case of having to drink more water and stay out of the sun!

I can't believe we're on the same planet!!...but I agree Suzi. The heat abroad is a dry heat, whereas here the heat knocks the stuffing out of me...we lose more water than we think in hot weather. Headaches can be a sign of dehydration...i can't believe I'm writing this....I've got the heating on low!!

Trying hard
07-05-16, 01:51 PM
I cant take much of the heat and always drink a lot more than usual. I tend to stay in and have the patio and windows open.

selena
07-05-16, 02:27 PM
I cannot stand the heat!
For me UK, Ireland and Scandinavian countries do have ideal weather. In Eastern Europe weather is just getting too hot.

magie06
07-05-16, 02:28 PM
I love the heat, and don't believe we get enough warm weather here in the summer time. I'm actually writing this with my blanket wrapped around me for warmth. It's spilling down with rain outside and only about 9 degrees.

rose
07-05-16, 04:37 PM
The humid weather in the UK is definitely more difficult to tolerate than, say, the weather in Greece, Malta or Spain, which is much drier.
That said, I climbed up through a traditional village in Greece a few years ago and we ended up pouring water over ourselves rather than drinking it, because we were so hot that we actually felt quite ill.

It's just this year I seem to be more effected by it than ever before, and quite noticeably so, and the only thing that has changed is meds and weight.

I will drink more but I can't promise to stay out of the sun ;)

purplefan
08-05-16, 12:46 PM
You should move to surrey the rose. No heat here but I would follow Jarre advice. Also sip some tea. It keeps the body temperature level. That's why in India people drink tea when it's hot and not ice cream.

rose
08-05-16, 02:06 PM
Surrey is just down the road Purple, I go walking at Riddlesdown and Farthing Downs, they are both in Croydon area, Surrey.
I am making sure I drink more than I would usually and so far, so good.

Suzi
08-05-16, 03:37 PM
You should move to surrey the rose. No heat here but I would follow Jarre advice. Also sip some tea. It keeps the body temperature level. That's why in India people drink tea when it's hot and not ice cream.
No heat? I'm about 20 mins/1/2 hour away from you and it's 28 in my garden!

Trying hard
08-05-16, 10:22 PM
Its been very warm here and stupidly we made more heat and tried to have a bbq. Lots of drinking here