PDA

View Full Version : sports

purplefan
29-02-16, 12:00 PM
I thought it a good idea to have a thread where we could talk about our favorite sport. You can talk about it and give it a bit of publicity or try and encourage people to play it. Loads of different sports we could try.
How about Alpine walking? You dont even need to buy the sticks just go out and walk more. get of the bus the stop before you normally get off and walk. Or walk up the stairs.
How about Geo cashing? What i here you ask. Geo cashing is a cracking way to see a bit of the country and find some treasure.
https://www.geocaching.com/guide/

If you know of any sport that you enjoy doing then please let us know. I am going to get more active this month and try swimming every day. You can talk about anything sport related here. So come on DWDs lets get out there and be more active in the month of March.(ninja)

Suzi
29-02-16, 01:52 PM
We love geocashing!
We also walk. We take the dog(s), kids, cameras and a bag of picnic supplies! Hooray for nicer weather!

purplefan
29-02-16, 02:07 PM
Yup walking is a great way to get active suzi. I dont have a dog but i might get one of them comical leads you can get and walk around town with that.
Or be crule and get a walking straps for Chloe (rofl)

Suzi
29-02-16, 03:41 PM
lol (rofl)

Zeppelin
29-02-16, 06:35 PM
I would say my main sport would be climbing, indoors once or twice a week and then outdoors when the weather allows. Met loads of people through climbing and have had many holidays and weekends away as a result. Last year got into mountain biking, I've always had a bike but last really got into it more, going to different places and riding much harder terrain than before. I also snowboard, but that's pretty seasonal, been away the last three years but also go to the snowdome from time to time. Have dabbled in quite a few other sports though, sailing, fencing, diving, kick boxing, kung fu...

purplefan
01-03-16, 02:01 AM
Climbing is something I have never considered but would love to try indoor as it is a bit safer.