PDA

View Full Version : prescribed prazac...

Mr_t_
13-01-16, 09:14 AM
I have been on mediation know for 8+ years but since stopping taking a new medication a few weeks back I have been doing better in some aspects such as thinking clearer and getting myself more motivated.. downsides have been concerning with how crap my head can get a times and my anxiety being more profound... is it better to wait longer and see how i go before taking them?:S any one found Prozac to be of help?

Suzi
13-01-16, 10:21 AM
My husband is on Prozac/fluoxetine and it was the only medication which help(ed) him.

Mr_t_
13-01-16, 07:16 PM
thanks for the reply, can only give them a try ey...

rose
13-01-16, 07:21 PM
I take 60mg Fluoxetine a day. It's a good one but it takes a while to work. If you feel worse at any point, please see your GP.

Mr_t_
13-01-16, 08:02 PM
will do, just hoping they help with my anxiety and moods.... been trying to convince myself I don't need medication, think im only kidding myself thou so will give them a try...

All Time Low
24-02-16, 08:15 AM
I take 60mg Fluoxetine a day. It's a good one but it takes a while to work. If you feel worse at any point, please see your GP.

How long is a while.... I started on 20mg at the beginning of december and was put up to 40mg last month which the doc says is the highest dose i can go on but still feel like i'm slowly slipping deeper and deeper. I am due back at the docs later this week for a review.

S deleted
24-02-16, 08:40 AM
Both myself and my ex were prescribed fluoxetine and it had little effect on me but made a huge difference in him. Everyone is different and what is right for one person may not be right for another.

Paula
24-02-16, 10:52 AM
For many people, an increased dose takes roughly the same time to have an impact as starting the meds - ie 4-8 weeks. But talk to your dr, as Stella says what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another. There are so many options available so please don't worry that this is the only way to go - it's not

Suzi
24-02-16, 10:54 AM
How long is a while.... I started on 20mg at the beginning of december and was put up to 40mg last month which the doc says is the highest dose i can go on but still feel like i'm slowly slipping deeper and deeper. I am due back at the docs later this week for a review.
Can I ask why they are saying 40 is the highest? My husband was on higher for years. It helped him massively too, until his latest crash and he's now on Venlafexine..

All Time Low
25-02-16, 08:53 AM
Can I ask why they are saying 40 is the highest? My husband was on higher for years. It helped him massively too, until his latest crash and he's now on Venlafexine..

Thats what my doc told me she said they no longer prescribe 60 mg but didn't say why?

Suzi
25-02-16, 11:02 AM
Fair enough..